Horror

Why doesn't Yea Forums like horror games anymore?

Attached: the fear of blood tends to create fear of the flesh.webm (960x720, 2.72M)

>Why doesn't Yea Forums like video games anymore?

ftfy

shut the fuck up faggot

just pirated Alan Wake today and find out about American Nightmare, which i never heard about before

How is it?
Currently I'm playing The Sinking City and having lots of fun.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.20 - 18.23.06.72.jpg (1920x1080, 514K)

>Why doesn't Yea Forums like horror games anymore?
Horror games are for people in their teens and 20's

Once you get old enough where you've seen fucked up shit IRL, horror games just don't work anymore :(

can't tell yet, didnt play it.
i think it's just popular because all the normies enjoyed it, so i dont really know.
btw, i hope Siking City is not just focused on gore like in your image.

>which I never heard about before
oh dear god user no don't do it

Attached: 1562335543839.png (1321x967, 785K)

Huh, I thought Alan Wake got pulled from all platforms and scrubbed from the internet because the royalties ran out on the soundtrack.

It isn't.

Attached: The Sinking City Screenshot 2019.07.20 - 16.19.10.18.jpg (1920x1080, 519K)

Attached: Screenshot_28.png (887x501, 234K)

Have there been any fun horror games released recently in like the last 5 years or so with combat?

Attached: plague doc.jpg (1920x1080, 474K)

How is Sinking City? I was pretty interested before released but I held off from getting it because it looked reallly janky.

I'd play Sinking City in a couple years when it goes on sale.

There's no fucking way I'm paying $60 of my money to play L.A. Noire: Lovecraft Fish Edition

I started the game, walked around the town and the first thing I see is a man with a monster face like an ape.

Naturally I go up to him and yell "What's wrong with your faaaaaaace?" And he tells me its a characteristic from his noble and worthy bloodline.

Fucking 5 mins in and already there's a deep one. What the fuck happened to pacing in horror video games

I miss horror Adventure games. Now they're just third person shooters.

RE1 is pretty much a point n click adventure game made into 3D. It even had a few puzzle deaths. Later games never had that, adn had more and more focus on the shooting part.

>What the fuck happened to pacing in horror video games
Horror games are now made specifically to cater to the zoomer reaction facecam streaming crowd

I think im gonna buy it once I finish a certain other game. You see, there's something about the Atlantic I can't shake. And I've never even seen it, you understand, not except for out of a plane window. Something about that patch of water, big patch, in my dreams it gets up on the coast in such unusual ways...

Innsmouthers aren't Deep Ones.
The monkeyman is based on a character from a lovecraft story.

I'm enjoying it.
It's pretty much the longest and most expansive lovecraftian game to date, and atmosphere wise it's also pretty good.
Combat wise I wouldn't say it's janky, it's just very simplistic akin to older SH titles where you can just bash your shovel aka iron pipe against most enemies with ease or shoot them to death, there's no dodging or combat moves etc. I think what gets people is that some of the enemies are fast and they try to circle around you as to avoid hits, however that's not really an issue since you can home your attackings on them as they move instead of just hitting in front of you.
Side quests are pretty fun and all have something interesting lovecraftian wise instead of just mere fetch quests.
The city looks great and is very big, however you can see they end up reusing a ton of assets/locations for houses and such that you can enter.
One of my favorite parts are the many notes you find written by the residents as they had to deal with the insanity around their city.

Now for what I think is bad/underwhelming, there's not much enemy variety, so far I've only seen 4 common enemies with some variations of them outside of specific bosses, weapon variety is klnda low as well, basically you have a shovel for melee, shotgun, revolver, pistol, submachine gun, battle rifle, traps/grenades/firebombs.
Skill tree could use some work too, a lot of the perks are kinda boring and I wish they had introduced persuasion/occult for dialogue checks.

Attached: The Sinking City 2019.07.20 - 18.25.28.15.webm (1920x1080, 2.87M)

evil within 2

Because "horror" games don't truly exist in the way you think and remember.
The most boomerous of Yea Forums have rose-tinted nostalgia glasses for games they thought were scary as shit when they were kids, when truly eveything terrifies you anyway.
Games like Silent Hill, Resident Evil and so on.
Those games were never "shitless" scary to begin with, but they were definitely horror games and easily the best examples of that.
I'll tell you what happened, people grew up unable to enjoy classic horror games without getting some sort of feedback, aka getting spooked\frightened at every step.
This is why "jumpscare" games are so relevant right now, they're not games for "kids" in the sense of horror atmosphere, artificial difficulty and so on, they are cheap games where the "horror" part is nothing more but a FOF simulator that is supposed to startle people, often adults, for the sake of being startled.
"Horror" is not a codeword for "startle me", and it never was.
It was a codeword for a piece of art, something that could repulse you and give you a sense of unease, but still give you the tools to overcome this primal anxiety and oppression to enjoy the virtual toy you are engaging yourself with.
All of those jumpscare games that became extremely popular in the last 10 years are absolutely shallow and completely pointless, like the devs that made them.
You are like a drug addict; unable to get the same feeling of repulsion and horror from classic games or their shallow remasters, you seek a new, stronger form of repulsion which is jumpscares and FOF retardation.
Because you are older, jaded and "mature".
Horror games belong to that long list of videogame genres that are now dead thanks to the audience-shift in the videogame industry.
People don't care about atmosphere or a good story unless it's a triple A console exclusive sold for 70 dollars.
It's time to move on.

Attached: xx31k3k2.jpg (700x400, 33K)

But user, horror has always been about atmosphere and imagery instead of muh scares unless you were literally a scaredy cat pussy

That's exactly what i said.
Are you dumb?

Isn't that literally one of those games where "it's all inside someone's head"

I tried playing Silent Hill PSX, but can't stand the outdated graphic. Played RE3 Nemesis instead, at least Jill is hot.

low poly horror is fun user, you have bad taste I'm afraid.

I just can't get into it if I'm playing male character in a horror game. Like, RE4 bored me to death but I like RE1 remake a lot.
I am curious about SH1 story, though. Maybe I'll play it sometimes if there's a remake for it. Or watch a let's play.

>I just can't get into it if I'm playing male character in a horror game
Jesus Christ, user.
Go play Fatal Frame series, then.
Haunting Ground as well.
All for PS2.

Attached: fionaillegal.jpg (554x850, 161K)

Zoomers are so weird

I'm 29. I just never played horror games when I was a kid.

Ok, then the autistic are so weird

Whats a good horror game for pc that's come out in the last year or so. The last one I bought was RE2 and I played the shit outta that. I also have The Evil Within 1 and 2.

Am I a zoomer if I'm 18 or is it like 12?

Zoomers mostly a mindset so if you have to ask then yes

horror games arent made anymore

But they are.
Just don't fall for muh jumpscare shit.

The Forest any good?

Yes.

What else should I play, user.

Attached: hug.webm (1520x854, 2.9M)

It was pulled, they even had a big going-away sale on Steam. Got both Alan Wake games for like, $7.
But then they just put it back up a month or so later

Subnautica for deep sea horror(play with dark settings).

The fucking faggot jannies keep deleting horror game threads.

Is this from something?

Lost in Vivio.
Fatal Frame 1 to 5.
Rules of Rose.