Why did Heroes of the Storm die?

Why did Heroes of the Storm die?

Attached: alexstrasza hots.png (1080x1920, 1.65M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=J2LiUsEOqcU
youtube.com/watch?v=dJkABoGZB-g
youtube.com/watch?v=6sD0Gnc-xDE
youtube.com/watch?v=aSHvzZy1YZA
rule34hentai.net/_images/e52427568229ce3d5863caedc858a1ec/342446 - 3D Alexstrasza Animated Leeterr Sound Source_Filmmaker World_of_Warcraft.webm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

way too much ass

not enough

barefoot skins

It was about 10 years too late despite being the only tolerable assfaggots

ass > tits

Attached: 1548323380340.gif (500x280, 275K)

it wasn't a good game

You know what, for once this statement is actually true. There's a big difference between big ass and unhealthy obese ass. That ass is just too much.

Attached: 1546308925214.jpg (1332x850, 148K)

ActivisionBlizzard are only interested in products that rake in loads of cash like Hearthstone, Overwatch, Diablo and WoW.

Because Blizzard is autistic. HotS was unironically the best game in it's genre. No boring shit like going through a Christmas shopping catalogue during a game or losing a match because of one idiot feeding the enemy carry to beyond super saiyan. Just because Heroes was simpler and less bloated with archaic "mechanics" that were originally just bugs like DotA or its derivatives, HotS was just condensed action, all the time. No 20-min grind before the game actually begins. It was all about which team was better at working together and making strategic and tactical decisions and outsmarting their enemy.

Goddamn I'm upset now that the game is dead. Fuck you OP.

Late to the market
Rushed to make it an esport before it could be polished
Fun elements of the game removed to make it more esport watchable
Poor monetization system
Lack of identity (not quite a moba, a "hero brawler")
Lack of basic features after years
Horrible matchmaking issues that lingered for too long
Team-based design meaning you're at the hostage of even a single retard
Reddit balancing
Not enough ass

Forced focus on esports mostly. It could have survived the end of the esports but they also released that disastrous statement that was basically "games dead!" to anyone who really cared.

it wasn't built to last, total cashcow for brainrotted soiboys and blizzdrone shit eaters.

>HotS was unironically the best game in it's genre
It really wasn't. Dota 2 still is.
The main issue with all of these games however is the communities, which makes these games unplayable.

I'm not talking me getting upset by people saying shit to me or w/e, but people being so fucking retarded and overly sensitive.
You basically have to mentally babysit your entire team when you play.

Don't know. Tried playing it, but for some reason it refused to recognize my Battlenet account, and it wouldn't let me log in.

Not OP but it was a subgenre of its own, being able to hit structures with spells and not having to last hit minions would be gamebreaking in dota or any other moba.
These mechanics and many others made it much more objective-centric, and this was for the best...
I'm also sad it's dead now.
I loved playing probius, D-va or the dragon mommy....

Attached: 1353025197231.jpg (558x469, 52K)

Dota 2 is complete garbage, though. It's a convoluted mess of mechanics that make absolutely no sense and requires a lot of time to get at least a passable understanding of. There's basically no balance and one player can easily fuck up the whole game by dying a couple of times to the wrong enemy. Original Dota was back then, but Dota 2 doesn't have any reason to exist other than to be Valve's esports cashcow.

>This absolute brainlet cope

Blizzard literally killed it.

It died because the company that runs it suddenly went on panic mode and shut down the tournament play, when it was in complete growth. When the international event was happening, a ton of growth was showing off, but Blizzard is too fucking retarded and shut it all down for little reason.
It wasn't the best MOBA, no, of course not, but it was steadily growing.

>make the casual answer to bloated and complicated games like Dota
>still insist on marketing it as an esport
Omg how could this happen

Attached: dead.png (750x1245, 453K)

>Releases new heroes regularly
>Dead
?

Turtle ass trannies seething.

It's too big, bro. Looks like a cartoon.

They killed the pro scene then gutted the dev team.

>The cadence will change

Attached: index.png (205x246, 11K)

No items basically killed the game.

Terrible decisions by the higher ups, both in-game and handling of the game via marketing and whatever else.

Not enough Lili

Attached: 20190604_102715.png (763x517, 153K)

I want her to scurry away from a converI want her to scurry away from a conversation, surreptitiously follow her, watch her glance around, and when she thinks no one is watching, unleash a torrent of pee all over the ground.

brainlet retard

>It's a convoluted mess of mechanics that make absolutely no sense and requires a lot of time to get at least a passable understanding of
It also has an order of magnitude more players than HotS ever did and an esports scene that existed completely organically before Valve took up its mantle and made it even bigger. It's almost like Dota's immense depth and variety of mechanics is appealing to people explicitly looking for a competitive experience. Considering this is Yea Forums and the vast majority of people here just play nintendo games and a handful of WRPGs on repeat over and over and over, I guess posters here wouldn't know much about it.

I remember some sperg literally writing a book on why Dota's "poorly designed" as the AVERAGE player continues racking up hours into the quadruple digits and the community continues to crowdfund the biggest prize pools year after year. Keep on not understanding the fucking magic of this game, it's a riot.

Attached: 1561309531601.jpg (1129x1200, 118K)

Saw leagues success when they casualized the genre and tried to replicate it but went too far. At the very least CSing should have been added

Blizzard ego. They thought shitting out a casualized moba would sell itself on brand name. They thought there was no way LoL's shitty client and scrappy polish and Dota's extremely complicated gameplay could possibly withstand Blizzard's easy-mode bullshit.

The only thing HotS accomplished was getting people to respect LoL more, honestly.

On the flipside, were HotS to be THE premiere MOBA and DOTA or League were the ones 5 years too late, I guarantee you they would be criticized for not having multiple maps with multiple different objectives, in favor of adding "more complexity" via items and CSing and whatnot, and they would have ended up with niche playerbases as well. Because in this alternate universe, HotS would be the standard and deviating from that would have been a risky move. I really don't think it has anything to do with how much "more" DOTA has to offer, it really comes down to what we've been conditioned to as the standard. Human beings aren't -that- complex, it comes down to what we have before us, timing, exposure, and then finally personal preference after all of these things.

Game came way too late into a dying genre. The 2.0 patch pretty much cemented it's grave by alienating it's cult fans.

No items was the best thing that ever happened to HotS, you fag.

>reddit spacing

Attached: 1539896574621.jpg (396x382, 41K)

>It's a Riot

Nobody cared about or wanted an ASSFAGGOTS with literally no depth. Only paint chip eating Blizzdrones ever played this shit.

No one cares, go back to your containment general

does this guy even still draw? because I need more.

>Not enough ass
wat? HotS is full of ass.

Attached: first-keeper-final-render-tpose-whitemane.jpg (1920x1039, 396K)

You are all wrong, the reason it failed is because it lacked one crucial thing.

Attached: 1562621376629.png (1000x1482, 392K)

>It's another episode of "I'm a massive gaylord and I have no argument"

>so noob he has no idea how to do regular spacing.

No depth, or gameplay that focuses on what is actually fun? Dotadrones might enjoy lasthitting creeps or walking around placing wards for 40 minutes, but true patrician tastes require something more refined.

>the vast majority of people here just play nintendo games and a handful of WRPGs on repeat over and over and over
Hey! I also play some weebshit on Playtation

No bleached/blacked skins

You're latching really hard on imagined seniority on a Korean basket-weaving board, aren't you?

D.va had both

Proofs?

No last-hitting

It was actually pretty fun.

>still no Teron Gorefiend

Attached: 698340962.jpg (588x666, 103K)

Honestly the problem wasn't that the game was too shallow. I mean it kind of is, but 'too shallow' is not the right answer.
The game didn't have enough individualism. In other mobas, when you play well, you get rewarded and you get stronger and a large part of the match is whether or not you can, as the better player, carry the game better than their good players can.
Meanwhile in hots, the game is way too focused on teamplay. When you play well, the reward is split among the team. Playing well doesn't improve your tools of carrying as well as in other mobas, and so the team that played better won. This leads to a very frustrating feeling of losing not because you played poorly but because your team was worse. Ironically, this fed well to a casual approach and it ended up being a good game to play with your brain turned off, which is how i played it most of the time.

The opposite also holds true. A single feeder won't automatically ruin the game for his team, since individual performance is much less important than teamplay. Four people playing as a team can still wrest victory from the jaws of defeat.

Unironically lootboxes made it less profitable so Activision pulled the plug on any funding. Turns out putting lootboxes in with such miserable rates makes people that were once buying stuff from an online store stop buying at all. Why else would they immediate revert a bunch of stupid decisions made because of Heroes 2.0 right after the esports drama?

forced map objectives sucks

God I love Alex

fuck off ireland

Overwatch heroes killed it

I still play it from time to time, if only for BIG DOG IS OFF THE LEASH

Attached: TychusFindlay_SC2_Head5.jpg (500x376, 127K)

>Overwatch heroes killed it

By Sigmar, YES

Because the core mentality behind the design of the game is broken.

because the game was extremely basic and lacked the depth of even ponds like LoL let alone the vast abyss that is Dota. It was far too late, far too simple, and lacked any staying power. Surprising no one at all: sex appeal does not save a mediocre or even bad game.

>or losing a match because of one idiot feeding the enemy carry to beyond super saiyan
user...

go back to failing to decide what to do with your life mewn

Retarded take. Here's why. You're generously assuming this is an entirely subjective issue when there's more to it than that and your attempt to frame it as "durr humans are just NPCs" are really pathetic. The reality is that the game just lacked depth. That's all it was. It tried to be the Overwatch of MOBAs but where Overwatch is a bit more complex than your average shooter, HOTS was extremely lacking in complexity for your average MOBA. Despite their overwhelming popularity, MOBAs are still a certain niche, and every single possible niche has been filled by different MOBAs.

I'll try to remain incredibly objective here as a massive DOTA fag but here you go:
>Smite: Third person perspective and direct control
>LOL: I can't quite give an honest answer here since I don't really like LOL but I believe it has something to do with the way farming works as well as the more stable meta.
>DOTA: absurd depth and rapidly changing meta with a heavy focus on hero to hero combat and team fighting
>Battleborn: Yes I'm unironic here, Battleborn has it's own niche in the same realm as Smite. It just fucking sucked because the people who play 2K games aren't interested in MOBAs and paying a steep price for a game that's so heavily influenced by MOBAs while also coming out around Overwatch is just fucking retarded.

HOTS has its own niche in simplicity but in doing so it lacks staying power. It made itself a rung on the latter of MOBAs. It's not a matter of people having nostalgia, it's a legitimate matter of design and you're pulling pseudo intellectual assumptions out of your ass and calling them arguments.

I prefer modest tums.

god i wish i had a butt like that

Unironically the best moba

Well, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

Thanks man

Is it dead? Didn't it get a new hero not too long ago?

>Here's why

holy fuck lmao

Attached: tyrande___close_look_at_model_by_plank_69-d997mcd.png (1024x612, 656K)

Yes, this is true. But playing as a team is more fun when the game is less team-oriented, as there is a softer teamplay with everyone doing their part in coordenation. Playing as a team is more fun with friends, but in these games the competitive queue is usually solo queue, and if the competitive queue is less fun, the game will probably lose popularity.
Also, the confirmation bias of the feeders is overrated. The thing about the balance between getting feeders and getting to carry games, is that while in past games the memory of feeders stands out more, in future games it's the hope of getting to carry that stands out. Since it's so important in games for players to want to keep playing, feeding the possibility of carrying is important, and hots fails to deliver on that.

>All of these muh depth faggots in the thread

Jesus Christ, it's almost like people don't care about fun anymore

Why do Dotards think games being decided in draft makes it somehow 2deep4u?

You can't prove that your mommy and daddy were wrong to make you feel invalid with "fun" now, can you?

youtube.com/watch?v=J2LiUsEOqcU
>they made an anime just to advertise some skins

Name a MOBA with more soul put into its trailers
Protip: You can’t

Why do I know you haven't played a MOBA in your life?

I actually really liked HotS. It removed my least favorite part of mobas, item buying, which greatly smoothed out the gameplay, and every hero was relatively unique.
I was ranked 21 with Stitches, 23 with muh boi Dahaka, and 36 with Nova.

Attached: 1562947983170.jpg (572x858, 59K)

>still insist on marketing it as an esport
Which is also why Overwatch is failing so hard.

Its dead in the sense that Blizzard isn't allocating it even the moderate resources it used to.
Its blizzard sanctioned esports scene is dead This is a good thing and its dev team is probably going to be downsized meaning that hero release are going to be more sporadic. That being said they're still releasing content like mechastorm and their still doing frequent balance patches.

>Play Valeera post nerf
>Focus a Genji with a Japanese name
>Silence him during his deflect
>Ambush him for massive burst and then run
>Just gank him constantly
>He is visibly shook and refuses to go anywhere without a team
>Focus him in team fights
>After game I get a message
>"fuck you"

I never get rage mail so that was just a treat

Attached: 1492583424571.gif (270x340, 1.72M)

Isn't it still sorta updated by a skeleton crew of basically one guy in the janitor's closet? I feel like thats a fine spot for it. It was always the casual fuck around moba and never was gonna be a big esport.

Genji mains, in OW and HotS, are always the most spineless of fuckwits. He's the most poorly designed character Blizzard has designed in over a decade.

i liked the siege tank hero. thats about it. i wish dota would have such a hero.

>Valeera post nerf
Gave me legitimate vanilla WoW rogue gank nostalgia. I miss it, fuck them for ruining her. Thank god Classic is coming and I can gank Alliance all day in Redridge and STV again.

Why is Chen so OP now

Ignoring your "Here's why" as if you could possibly be taken seriously after that, I've played HotS to death, and the only reason why it lacked staying power is because the barrier for entry in terms of money cost for players who did not have the time to play as much as they'd like in order to get into Ranked modes was pretty pricey, for one. For two, the "main" mode of the game is and has been Quick Match considering Ranked only made it in around release if I remember correctly. They did nothing to help foster the QM mode to ease people into how to properly play the game (As in soaking experience properly, the various ways to approach an objective, etc.) so by the time Ranked came out it was a complete shitfest with only the decent to good players excelling with the vast majority pulling them and each other, down.

The game lacked staying power not because of it's "simple and less complex" mechanics, but because of the handling of the game, it's modes, their lack of initiative in showing it's playerbase exactly how the game intends to differentiate itself in these seemingly nuanced but huge ways. It had nothing to do with not being as "deep" and shit. If anything it had a different sense of depth to it because it was radically more team-based than your average MOBA, but because it isn't the norm it just gets skirted off and dismissed by those who didn't even bother to get deep into it.

Not enough fat milkers

Nova isn't bad after her rework.

>Late to the market
>Rushed to make it an esport before it could be polished
>Fun elements of the game removed to make it more esport watchable
Pretty much these. At it's height, it was making inroads to the point where Dota copied a lot of its ideas. But as time when on they tried to make it like other MOBAs which was missing the point. It's still fun but it's not the same.

Writing a short essay because you got upset someone talked shit about your favourite digital toy is obviously a sign that youre better than everyone here right ? Youre surely not a braindead life failure at all, mr highroad

>trash gameplay
>nu blizzard characters
>came too late
>we wanted warcraft 3 map editor with a new engine anyway.

Back in closed alpha, the game director at the time Dustin Browder even went out of his way to say I think at Blizzcon "To those pushing to make esports tournaments at this point in the game's life, please don't do that because the game isn't anywhere near finished." and they eventually within the next year gave in and started trying to cater to that audience, thinking "Well maybe they're onto something, they seem to be clamouring for it enough.". Yeah, turns out they were wrong, and they wasted a ton of money on esports when they shouldn't have because, again, as Dustin said, the game wasn't even in a state to where that was feasible, they were still planning on changing a lot. I guarantee you the money costs of all that esports shit played a huge role in HotS getting funds cut. Esports is a terrible fucking thing.

It still has lots of players, y'all are just sleeping on it

Holy fuck, you're so fucking right. EVERY god damn game there is some broken ass fucking Overwatch hero that just makes the game so unfun to play.

I swear nothing is as fun as this hero in this game.

Because the studio responsible for its development is in shambles

>The item hater
I actually hated that we got "worse items" as talents but understand HotS works with different baseline properties in comparison to other mobas. One of the things HotS sacrificed was complexity and that was a huge turn off for me. That being said I did enjoy the time I played it and it was/is just a fun little side game no one should ever take seriously.

My friends and i still play, it's fun. good waifus as well.

You can still play it right now. Nothing has changed

I like how hard you faggots fell for the "reddit spacing" nonsense. If anything, it shows how new you are. And if you aren't new, it shows how much of a fucking sheep you are.

Once blizzard stopped supporting and pretending it was relevant. Without that, it was never actually alive.

Want to know why you should fuck off back to your containment general?

Someone needs to edit this pic to include E-sports. Every game that takes the E-sports pill becomes homogenized drivel within a 1-5 year period.

Attached: 1562603904484.jpg (2404x1260, 827K)

Yeah, vidya is about proving yourself to nobody.

Hero releases did. How long has it been since anduin?

You can always tell who got an F in english, literature and writing comprehension as a child when they pull out the "reddit spacing" shit.

Been playing HOTS off and on for the past year.

It's actually super fun to play, although quickmatch keeps putting me against premades which isn't very fun.

Is he? He was kinda underwhelming for a while.

>Still no alexstraza/Sally/Lili figures
Do you want money or not? Blizzard retards

How is depth not fun? You sound like a brown or green in

Attached: 1522985950312.jpg (299x168, 10K)

I think everyone will agree depth is fun, but to act like it's the one and only "superior" venue of game design is completely asinine, is the issue.

Good games know how to weave depth seamlessly in though, also you need to take into account the genre itself without depth would just be like Auto Chess/TFT both fun games with lower thresholds of depth, albeit not completely devoid of it.

Malthael is fun.

Attached: 23132.jpg (1200x921, 565K)

And you sound like a fucking faggot. Just adding more mechanics and features doesn't automatically make a game better, just bloats it needlessly. Nobody likes being a ward bitch in Dota who's only purpose is to walk around the map while keeping an eye on the clock so he can pull jungle camps for someone who gets to actually play the game. Good games have enough depth to snare your interest for their duration without becoming bloated, combining that with good all-around design and polish.

>gets kited to shit by ranged assassins
>QM is 90% ranged assassins

and shit like this is why the game failed to take off

Because it tried to compete against dota2 and lol by making the genre a casualized mess made for babies, and failed miserably.

My daughter Orphea needs lewd skins.

Attached: 1551614916643.jpg (1111x1111, 642K)

Bad game

hots bad dota lol good

I only play her, but that jew muradin keeps raping me

Woah there! Slow down Maurice! We are both saying the same things. See

HotS is a lesson in "what could have been"

no items, no last hitting, no denying, no farming, forced objectives, shared xp, impossible to carry, shitty invis, infinite resources (like mana or energy) also the whole "healing only" support heroes thing" is dumb, supports like lion from dota are much more fun/interesting.

He seems worse than before. You can't combo his abilities as quickly and his trait is both weaker and with a longer cooldown. Before you could tank a tower just by drinking. That was the point of the hero, you just drank but could take no other action. If you were stunned, you were fucked. But now he can't even tank a minion wave.

He's my highest level hero because I used to play him all the time when the level 20 talent summoned a spirit with his basic abilities. When they took that away, they also took out a lot of the synergy between his talents, and he never recovered.

yea the best thing to make it a shllow boring experience. Items allow you to play the game multiple times and have the game feel relatively different each time, rather than the same shit every game in hots

Blizzard is getting beat over the head with that shit right now. Wonder if it'll stick.

Pissing off the community
It's not like the game actively got worse or anything, but Blizzard basically being so overt in how they'd be downsizing really rubbed fans, myself included, the wrong way

Attached: 13455636.jpg (182x195, 13K)

Hello ‘der Seamus. Fancy a pint at the pub, aye

>Reddit balancing
Thank you based Reddit for being full of turbo fucking shitters that are scared of the "git gud" mentality. They also ruined GW2's balancing with their goddamned casual faggotry and non-stop QQing. I've never played HotS but just reading that pissed me off.

>can't feed in HotS
>teammate feeds
>enemy hits 10 1-2 levels before you
>w-we can turn it around guys

It's kinda weird that you seem to be a big fan and serious player of HotS yet didn't actually play it somehow.

Fuck off with that shit. Most characters in Dota/LoL/whateverthefuck have one or two builds that people follow and only deviate if they feel like fucking around. Talents did the same thing items did, except they were much more interesting.

objectives is probably the only thing HotS brought to the genre, also this concept that the objectives being "forced" is sorta weird, would you say destroying the Core/Ancient/Nexus is a "forced objective" like wtf are you even saying. Every moba exploded with updates that added more objectives to the game once HotS hit the mainstream and people realized having something to fucking do other than lane/gank/jungle/farm was good. I mean fuck Drakes and Jungle revamp in LoL was a direct response to HotS being the champ of unique objectives on ever changing maps. Go play try mode and practice last hitting greenie

Attached: 1511102287084s.jpg (125x120, 3K)

You get what you deserve for playing high mobility desu

Attached: 1504513017442.jpg (670x324, 43K)

So what if the enemy hits 10 before your team does? There's ways to work around that. Honestly, the fact you think that a two-level lead is game-ending tells me that you must be wood league.

Fuck you I liked playing as my boy lucio

Dota ripoff ver.04
Mounts
Nublizzard
But especially mounts

>Overwatch is a bit more complex than your average shooter
>the shooter where you literally have infinite ammo

lmfao

Attached: 1531763587223.gif (651x481, 467K)

I’m gonna work until I have an irresistible ass like that
I won’t be satisfied until I reach my goal

underrated

I think he's talking about how every map has an objective gimmick instead of just having a basic teamfights/pushing map.

>So what if the enemy hits 10 before your team does? There's ways to work around that.

There's ways to work around the enemy team forcing a team fight with an overwhelming advantage? It's the fastest and most obvious shut out possible. I mean sure, there are, but my points is you have to be blind to think a feeder can't throw a HotS match. Just the absence of a fifth person for every engagement because he gets picked like it's his job..

>he must be BAD because he corrected me!

Mighty wood yourself there bro. Do you tell yourself you can't feed in HotS to feel better when you get picked?

>playing as the lesser bronzebro

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 82K)

to add to this, the game is suposed to be the super smash bros of ASSFAGGOTS yet these retards kept adding who's to the fucking roster instead of well known characters fans wanted

>Lili
>Probius
>A fucking OC weebshit hero

still no
>Baal
>Duriel
>Archimonde
>Grom
>Cairne
>Mannoroth
>Heroes from old franchises like Blackthorne and RRR

These fucking idiots made the most watered down casual Dota and yet they intended to make it an esport, how fucking dumb can you be.

Depth adds to the fun factor and replayability of the game you mongoloid.

>one or two builds
Hmm I tend to theorycraft builds and develop personal playstyles around them to make them viable. This is the true power of items; freedom if you so choose to take it. But, i guess you'll proly just fire up op.gg or w/e third party program feeds you your meta builds. If i ever see you in lane you wont know what to do with yourself as you helplessly clamor to your robot overlords for help on how to counter but all they can say is *BBZZZT* Does not compute.

Attached: 6a3.jpg (500x635, 81K)

>It really wasn't. Dota 2 still is.
It's been bleeding players since post 7.00. The only reason people played it was because of autochess and now that its gone its going downhill a LOT.

He really isn't, he just catches people off-guard because everyone got used to him being total garbage that you could ignore.

The answer is literally Overwatch. Blizzard put all their money and leadership into Overwatch. They are completely out of touch with what people want in a video game.

Most people will simply look up "x character builds" on Google like the mentally challenged idiots they are, tho. Theorycrafting is a dying art, user.

Sucks that I'll never find a MOBA character as fun as Alarak again.

Hes quite correct in everything else, forced objectives is a fool's stance though.

>fun skillset
>massive skillcap
>voiced by John de Lancie
He was too good for this world

too much focus on lots of literal who characters, not enough focus on the bigger names.

GW2 PvP never even lived to be ruined

I have every Muradin skin unlocked. Hard to choose with such good choices for him

She's really fun. But if I had one complaint it would be that her cast times. Most mages have instant casts, but delayed damage or with travel time. It doesn't make sense for her chomp to come out and disappear if she gets stunned. Anyone with easy cc can delete her abilities, like Lucio with his boop.

Attached: 1553288487326.jpg (632x700, 465K)

DotA 2 appeals to autists who never moved on beyond the WC3 mod, much in the same way that there are people who play Counter Strike, only Counter Strike, and have been playing it since the original mod.

There are a lot of stupid mechanics in DotA.

First you said that being behind a couple levels is instant loss, now you changed it to being one man short. Which is it?

Of course you're at a disadvantage when behind in levels or if someone is a complete fuckbrain. But it's not the same level of disadvantage as a Faceless Void with four items at 20 minute mark, you know? Since you get a lot less benefit in HotS from killing the enemy team besides the immediate reward of pushing, taking objectives or map control, there's also a much greater chance of making a comeback or overcoming a disadvantage with genuinely good plays. Of course you can do all of that in other games too, but from my experience, there's a lot more unwinnable games in Dota or LoL than there are in HotS.

The is bait by the way.

Oh my, you're a big brain user, aren't you? Yes you are, you can select an item that gives +10 X instead of the on that gives +10 Y all by yourself. Fuck off.

>Depth adds to the fun factor and replayability

You asswipe, do you understand that just adding layers upon layers of new mechanics doesn't automatically make them game better? Is this "depth" the only thing you dota brainlets can chant in unison?

When you constantly punish and shit nerfs on classes that are harder to use/master (thief, mes and ele) and reward casual Redditors who played the game for a couple hours, think they know anything about video game design and balancing and just wanna hit all their keys and get results since they're a warrior or ranger main well of course you're gonna fucking kill your PvP balancing. Jesus christ Reddit was a mistake.

People don't like level variety or fun they want to master seven million characters' build orders on the same stage forever so they can say they're better than everyone in the game numerically even if they're getting shit on

I literally bought everything in the store as it was released before 2.0. didn't spend a dime after and dropped the game completely. it was fun to collect stuff but the gambling destroyed that

I really really hope whoever made that decision got fired and has to suck dicks behind the 711 for booze money now. fucking cunt

>solved all the needless bloat of the genre
>IT'S TOO SIMPLE NOW THAT WE DON'T HAVE TO GRIND FOR 20 MINUTES WRYYYY

If that was true, then how would neptunia still exist?

>Brann will probably never get a skin
>Magni will never become his own character
>you will never be able to play with 2 other friends as the Bronzebros in a single game
Feels bad man.

Would be nice to see Brann in HOTS
>ranged-assassin
>trait that allows him to collect bones from dead minions/mercs
abilities
>1. brann rides a mine cart full of treasure forward that works as a dash that deals damage
>2. mild blind attack as brann dusts off a dusty old relic
>3. can have him do somethign with his rifle
ultimates
>1 ultimate can be, he takes out a map of the current game mode which reveals everything on the map for maybe 5 seconds, and then by selecting a place on the map a giant x lands down and sets up the Expedition League from like from the promo art for Hearthstone, and the expedition stays there for like 10-15 seconds and the explorers deal damage and maintain vision of that area for its duration
>2 ultimate can be one more applicable with immediate damage, he takes out a cursed golden skull which blinds, slowly fears, or stuns enemies in front of him while dealing dmg

Attached: farhx-nojumi-renderfile-02-48.jpg (1866x1294, 435K)

user i played shatter mesmer since beta i know what pain is, but yes GW2 PvP had the most potential i've ever seen wasted,
i blame WoW refugees who bent anet's ear since the beginning and scared them off supporting PvP at all to where ranked didn't even exist for years and people would just roam in WvW instead
but yes it's true whenever there was a balance pass it was always hitting difficult builds and buffing brainless shit like condi builds, all forms of ranger, etc. i stopped playing when i realised i didn't care for capture points or trying 10 times as hard to get 1/10th the results

Because it was boring overstreamlined shit that completely missed the point of the genre

Intelligent dialogue and an engaging plot.

Attached: 1456585075977.jpg (1920x1080, 394K)

Ironically it started becoming more fun when Blizzard tried to kill it. Most of the stupid shit they put in when they were trying to push Esports has been worked around. It's the most fun modern Blizzard game right now and that should tell you how bad things are over there.

And what is the point of this godforsaken genre if I can ask

"let's merge with activision guys what could possibly go wrong"

Resource control and denial plus per-match character building
HotS chopped both of those out and put nothing in their place

If they're going to take away everything but the combat the combat needs to actually have depth and be interesting but its combat is even more dull than LoL's is

Different guy, but he meant this one.

Attached: D.Va_Pro_Elite[1].jpg (1830x1761, 2.21M)

Like I said, wanna know how I know you've never played a MOBA? Git gud, faggot.

overwatch characters
shit quickplay/pub mode
objective centered gameplay when you're forced to play with your average MOBA crowd

It wasn't bad, but they missed the potential

They're manageable now at least, but they're still bullshit. At least it's theoretically possible to have fun in HotS though, can't say the same for OW.

>Layers upon layers of mechanics
>Just because people don't want the game to be so watered down means we want it to be as complex as dota
Stop talking in extremes you dumb fucking moron.

The game is too shallow, It's the goddamn SC2 engine and you can't even micro your fucking summons; it took like a year or more for Rexxar to get better controls for misha and even those are still worse than Dota because you can't even directly select the fucking bear. I bet you are one of those retards that enjoys playing brainlet heroes like Raynor or Varian and doesn't acknowledge the concept of soaking xp.

The game has multiple problems that blizzard refused to fix, complexity being just one of them.

>no brann skin like pic related
i want his ultimate be to grow into a giant golden idol treasure just like Magni's skin turns him into a giant diamond

Attached: Hearthstone-Brann-Bronzebeard-1068x601.jpg (1068x601, 81K)

>abs

I'm not gay

did they even release anything after the OC loli?

>Physicaly healthy woman with abs
>Gay
So sorry user but you are all of the gay.

Attached: 1525574996942.jpg (743x1024, 63K)

Imperius and Anduin.

What does a woman need such muscles for when they are not warriors?

>t. fattie faggot that hasnt seen his dick in years

Can you recall what ideas DOTA borrowed from HOTS? I'm interested to hear that actually happened.

It didn't, people just seem to think HotS invented talent trees and either have no clue how HotS's healing fountains work or have no clue how Dota's shrines work

This OP image is a lie. nuBlizzard will never make skins this sexy

because if anyone other than me can stand to play it, it can't possibly be fun

I hate you so much, Yea Forums. Never change.

what does that have to do with women having unnecessary muscle tone

How about instead of complaining about it being dead, download the game now and start playing it. I swear you fucks wait until a game is actually dead and deleted to care. "I wish it came back boo hoo". Next thing you know you got like 5 different groups trying to make "HotS legacy! Relive the game". HotS will always be my go to game to fuck around in. The games free, it's a relatively small download, and still receives updates and new content. Actually with Esports disbanded, nows the perfect time to play. Cause it's no longer the focus

Attached: 1550614417907.gif (284x294, 1.69M)

You can have amazing turn arounds. I never played Dota2 though. Only played Dota when it first came out as a mod and was just for fucking around as a hero vs also managing an army.

Attached: Screenshot2019-06-08 20_31_05.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

Attached: 1470848741929.gif (260x372, 3.92M)

You can't possibly be this disingenuous. Neptunia is the epitome of lazy game design mechanically. It's lipstick on a pig in every respect and quite often it can't even manage that.

I'll never forgive the HotS devs for nerfing Greymane
fuck Dustin Browder
fuck Kael'thas
fuck Li-Ming
and fuck niggers

Attached: Dustin Browder.png (640x348, 35K)

WHY DID YOU ADD HEROES WITH NO MANA COSTS LIKE PHOENIX? WHY DOES TRACER EXIST WHEN SHE BREAKS EVERY ASSFAGGOT RULE (Luckily she's been nerfed though)? FUCK OVERNIGGERS. WHY DID YOU NERF ARMOR STACKING BUT KEEP UTHER THE SAME SO HE'S NEARLY USELESS NOW? WHY ARE UTHER'S MANA COSTS SO HIGH WHEN OTHER SUPPORTS CAN DO MORE HEALING FOR LESS AND CAN ROOT/STUN/SLOW YOU FROM ACROSS THE MAP? AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

>mfw bullying tanks / Cho'gall as Malth

Attached: 1367275064894.gif (230x230, 67K)

Unironically because of BfA underperforming and HotS being their loss leader

That's why it has map objectives. A 1 hero RTS isn't all that fun. I liked LoL better when they added that Dominion mode. It was a welcome break from my teammates bickering over their insta-locks. Even it's practice mode had the same issues.

>A 1 hero RTS isn't all that fun.
The genre has never been this, It's an ARPG. Stop being retarded.
Also the map objectives add nothing, the other assfaggots have objectives too but they're actually organic and something that needs to be monitored instead of "go here and teamfight when the map tells you to or you automatically lose"

>It's an ARPG
the rexxar minigame in frozen throne was an arpg

Probe is best hero.
All was lost after they added him because none could match him.

i wouldn't call that turn around so much as the natural progression of a game with Nova that goes past 10 minutes. you're also lucky their zuljin was a shitter.

Hots does too.

This. I want more of that.

No it doesn't. The game tells you how to play it. It's shallow and dull.

there's a custom wow server repack called single player project that adds bots and rebalancing shit for solo. it's not exactly the same but it's the closest you can get to a bigger version of that campaign.

>Lane for 30 minutes until someone makes a mistake
or
>Constant action and team fights
Yeah I think I'll pick Hots.

Take something like the pirate bay. The event is simply two chests spawning, but the pirate ship is available the entire match and every camp in the map is a source of gold. You don't even have to go for them because you can steal them from the other team. It's also more effective to start sieging yourself before doing a turn in because the cannons can finish off structures for you. I don't know what game you're playing when the map objective always wins for you. Probably not Hots by the sound of things.

Tell me ur thuts

Attached: Screenshot2019-04-29 17_16_51.jpg (1920x1080, 294K)

why would anyone play any moba other than dota?

Attached: kot.png (353x345, 202K)

I'm not a chink.

>Lane for 30 minutes until someone makes a mistake
Not even LoL is like that

That map is the one exception, it's the only map that kind of makes it feel like an actual game.

good
that means you're not playing LoL

Attached: weird kot.jpg (589x335, 43K)

HotS is the only one worth playing since it has characters we grew up with, not some Chinese knock off versions.

>tfw 12k gold and no idea what hero to buy

ragnaros, deckard, zeratul, guldan, mephisto, probius, zarya, blaze, garrosh, muradin. all of them are so much fun. i fucking hate having to unlock heroes. this mechanic needs to fucking die JUST LET ME PLAY THE CHARACTER I WANT TO PLAY FFS.

Attached: 1534476901358.png (234x200, 22K)

how did they nerf her?

but then players won't compulsively buy characters with real money
we dont want that

Attached: invisible kike.gif (132x140, 114K)

Murky

Attached: d9ti0om-2161807e-1a69-4267-8a8f-37f37a9b46be.gif (500x500, 61K)

>tfw 70K and not interested in any of the new hereoes

WHERE THE FUCK IS MY LEWD MAIEV SKIN! I WANT TO KNOW HOW BIG HER ASS IS

Hold out bro. They did it for morales, they'll do it for her.

Lol no they won't the games on fucking life support faggit.

This list reminds me of how one dimensional most of the heroes in this game are compared to LoL.

Eat shit pedo

I don't give a shit about gameplay, I just want to wack off

smart man

Attached: 1499539423903.jpg (1502x2400, 353K)

Not everyone can stomach it like you

Overwatch heroes, hyper mobility and invulnerability.

Speaking of invulrnerability, did they nerf Anduin's ult yet, That shit would single handedly win games.

Dilate, tranny.

just cc him

Just interrupt him bro.

If you mean the heal then you can interrupt it easily
The Holy Bomb is more reliable, even if not as OP

Maiev deserved more out of Legion and HOTS. She is a cinnamon roll that must be cherished.

Post em

Attached: push em.jpg (818x335, 54K)

literally any displacement ability will end that, tychus, stiches, lt. morales, butcher, garrosh, chen, johanna so many champs can end that

>the other assfaggots have objectives too but they're actually organic and something that needs to be monitored instead of "go here and teamfight when the map tells you to or you automatically lose"
I'm not sure which games you've been playing but in League Baron has been way too strong ever since beta and is basically a "go here and teamfight when the enemy jungler is dead or you automatically lose" objective. It's totally brainless.

HOTS and league have such boring fucking spells.
Everything is shit like "slows for 5% for 0.65 seconds" or stuns for "0.0085" seconds. Nothing has weight behind it. All the spells feel so weak

Tracer is more just annoying but Genji is genuine AIDS. It's mind-boggling how a character can be cancer in two games at once.

those are literally all shit

Attached: 1563079784537.png (784x309, 389K)

Please play overwatch. Even if it caused a lull in hots the first time around.

I'm not sure which games you've been playing but you can't take baron unless you see the other team is distracted AND you confirm there's no vision there, or if enough of them are dead for it to be uncontestable. Please don't pull shit out of your ass when you actually have no clue what you're talking about.

Not even defending LoL, but this is so much more varied and organic than "fight on this marked control point when it unlocks!"

Nobody asked for your taste, Tyrone.

Not that user but HotS has what you're describing then AND the objectives, so I don't see the problem.
Even still, some objectives are not even worth the trouble depending on the state of the current situation (like the X/3 objectives, or if it's 4v5, or if it's just worth pushing the two keeps etc.)

>Not that user but HotS has what you're describing then AND the objectives, so I don't see the problem.
Because HotS's forced objectives poison the entire game. The presence or absence of boss camps don't make the latter go away.

Attached: file.png (881x356, 385K)

I get that you don't like it, but I don't get how it poisons the game since that's literally the only thing everything is based around.
You can't just make a teamfight happen when an enemy is pushing a tower/keep because they can still push it with abilities/poking
Ganking someone only gives extra XP, while possibly providing less XP for the enemy if it was the only hero on the lane
Jungling only provides pushing power, which can mostly be stopped pretty fast, regardless if a teamfight happens there or not

The entire game is based on the objectives, removing them will just remove the game and you might as well be playing LoL or Dota, so what's the point

I see Brann as a support in the vein of Medivh. Make exploring and discovering his whole thing. Being able to tag enemies to expose their weaknesses or reduce their damage, being able to reveal parts of the map. Make him roam the map like Bard.
Maybe he's Irish?

>all red/black
Very edgy, I like it

Attached: 1506045102316.png (312x278, 141K)

>The entire game is based on the objectives, removing them will just remove the game and you might as well be playing LoL or Dota, so what's the point
Do you even understand the genre at all?

What kind of question is that?

That's like saying every FPS has to follow the same formula. It doesn't. You have to stop being a fanboy.

I hate how they changed Chromie from a sniper with all the defense of wet tissue paper, but she's still the most fun I have ever had in a MOBA.

Attached: 1494838529749.jpg (720x720, 655K)

>Sand Blast can't go through towers or creeps anymore
So sad, it was super rewarding to snipe someone who thought they were safe

Attached: 1503491563195.gif (300x300, 2.13M)

no bully pls im new

Attached: hots.png (799x290, 391K)

Yes and it's so hard to pull vision when you get a free red trinket isn't it? When it has a set spawn and a set timer (that they even added to the tab HUD to make it easier) every single game? It's insufferable the way you types pull the "u don't no what ur talken about" card with someone who's been playing League since six Sunfires Twitch was a thing. I know that stupid game like the back of my hand so knock it off.

>doesn't play
>doesn't get to hear Grey DeLisle aggressively fuck his ears
Telling you man, you're missing half the experience.

Attached: 1364936214674.jpg (324x291, 25K)

I M A G I N E

Attached: 1558279229430.png (414x463, 119K)

Why isn't she real?

Attached: 1558267876478.webm (662x868, 1.44M)

because retards at blizzard have no clue on whats the appeal of competetive games, its about being the best not winning with teamplay. Its the same thing with overwatch. You keep waiting for the main protagonist to do some crazy shit and turn the game around by himself but they went out of their way to make it impossible, instead you just jack around with your teammates for 20 minutes every game. If they could they would remove the victory and defeat system alltogether, it would be place 1 and 2 or something like that because losing makes you feel bad.

Attached: 4ae9bAnRt9c.jpg (601x660, 41K)

Toned thighs = more squats on your dick

Attached: 66097268 (1).gif (400x400, 357K)

Go back to your Quake Live duels, user

they know

Blizz killed it literally. Pulled the plug on a big tourny orsomething.

I WANT SEX SO FUCKING BAD

>reload
>stock up

arguably the easiest part of any shooter

Attached: Blank+_9bddbdca1884a59b7715f42dbe6d317f.jpg (540x504, 43K)

Dota dominated it

Attached: Animal_Courier_(Radiant)_icon.png (86x64, 10K)

Mini gun build on him is insane. It's so satisfying hearing the ding ding ding as their diablo and butcher dies in seconds.

>Drawing her fat
Fat fags should kill themselves already.

it can but at level 20

what in the fuck is wrong with the matchmaking, it's like out of 10 games you get 4-5 games where you stomp the enemy team so hard it feels like playing against bots then you get ONE good game where both teams are evenly matched and the remaining games YOU get stomped because I swear to god it feels like you get teamed up with literally new players who don't know objectives

why is the leaver system in this game so god fucking awful long ass time to reconnect and in that time period your hero is being used by (very easy AI) I wish the leaver AI would be tied to the MMR of the game

When HotS was first released it was probably the best MOBA out there only held back by retarded engine.
Then they started chasing the Efarts and it went to shit.

GW1 PVP was hilarious

They were chasing it from the get go, and it is my personal belief that's not what fucked it over, at least a major part of it.

2 big problems happened:

1. Shit balancing, primarily the worst around the time the Overwatch heroes were released. They kept some heroes from being balanced for the longest time, one of them was Kael'Thas for quite awhile. When the overwatch heroes came out, they broke all the rules that everyone else had to follow, with Tracer and Genji not changed for quite awhile with some similar situations with Junkrat and Hanzo. That was probably Heroes's first major dip where I saw people quitting left and right/not logging back on. Hell, they used MIAVE of all heroes with the marketing idea that she was the "dedicated" counter to all of the above mentioned heroes.

2. Jewing too hard.

All the other mobas had ways to get all or a very large amount of heroes. HOTS didn't, and never made an attempt at a convinient buy. They doubled down on this with the lootbox system and creating more currencies to fuck over people with. It never improved and actually got worse in some ways, where rares/epics are just Carbot sprays, and some Heroes' cosmetics got locked behind Pay-only currencies (whereas the whole point of the 2.0 system was for people to in someway be able to work towards anything if they wanted to).

HOTS recovery again and again after the Overwatch and 2.0 fiascos, but the final nail was being put on life support after "DONT YOU HAVE PHONES?!" event. This part was so abrubt that that contracted out e-sports peeps were having total breakdowns.

Attached: 1563562363570.gif (245x245, 1.87M)

>Le dunkey video response

SOUL

I'd argue the opposite.

If you're dead even, and a dude on your team feeds right before an objective your team basically auto-loses. A single death that turns the tide and ruins the game.

Honestly, if HOTS introduced something like being able to buy an extra talent or something for goingon a kill streak, or something, it would at least make it a lot easier for you to attempt to carry,

Someone post that image of HOTS’ lead developer with all the big tiddy figurines in his office

So did I until they fucking ruined him for no reason by getting rid of all of his fun talents and gouging his healing.
>But wall ride is better
But fuck you

Even at 20 you can't, really, because they nerfed all her damage (but also her costs and cooldowns) by like 50%, so even precision strikes is only "Strong" instead of being worthy of being called a "snipe"

>ding ding ding
>He gets in the rhythm
But if you get that talent you pretty much can't get "That's the good stuff" at level 13, since "in the rhythm" will eventually make minigun last like 15 seconds and your heal won't count for shit because you'll be dead first.

Everything you just explained, and I do mean EVERYTHING, is already on Tyrande.

>Silence
>Stun
>Knockback
>Knockup
>Grab
>Swap
The list goes on. ANYTHING that isn't direct damage ends that shitty ult.

>draenei hero doesn't have futa horse cock on the model

that's why, they fucked up the lore that activision got pissed off and gutted the team.

Attached: kotick.jpg (478x415, 27K)

Beep Beep, top taste coming through.

Attached: Supreme Taste.png (1167x351, 489K)

holy fuck, tineye found it even though it's cropped

I unironically think they should reuse these assets. So much good and quality work in this game deserves to be shown in Warcraft 4 or some kind of "Blizzard RTS" bananza

assfaggots suck dick
assfaggots without items or gold or anything to actually do suck even more dick

>ANYTHING that isn't direct damage ends that shitty ult.
Slows and Roots do nothing

Come on I'm exaggerating- you know what I mean. Just about every, if not LITERALLY every hero either has a direct inbuilt kit ability to deal with it or a situational talent to deal with it. With 5 heroes on one team there is zero reason an Anduin Ult should even go off let alone change a fight.

Is Alexstrasza even a good character?

Attached: 1549914479224.jpg (1095x1550, 887K)

Fenix, Li Li, Kharazim, and Whitemane instantly come to mind as three heroes who can't do a single thing about Anduin
I don't think Nazeebo or Leoric can do anything, their creating-walls abilities when placed right just shift Anduin without actually causing a displacement effect, right?

Attached: 1561881632110.jpg (500x375, 22K)

(me)
>type four things
>write three
and that's how I know I need sleep
oh and Malthael and Zul'jin can't do anything either

Attached: 1489373704401.jpg (391x511, 38K)

breeding sow

Attached: 1563669874633.jpg (1280x1967, 580K)

Talents generally gave 2 builds.

>/coxg/ discord

I didn't ask if she was a breeding sow you retard, I know she is one. That's literally canon. I asked if she was a good character.

Attached: 1551710686548.png (1800x2400, 3.98M)

I enjoyed Zeratul until they killed him. And then they reworked him and made him great again. Then they fucked up stealth and made him useless. Alarak second favourite.

Probably because I stopped playing it. That is the fate of all games I tire of.

No such thing

Face too young here.

Attached: hots art team.jpg (1366x768, 438K)

based

god damn one of us. This is why they let them go, the last men amongst the onions

fuck y'all this game would've been LoL levels if it came out early enough, but yet again Jewlizzard came to the scene too late. It was different and fun enough to become big, it just couldn't compete in an already saturated market. People sink time into a game to learn it, they're not gonna jump ship no matter what if your games comes 2 years too late

say whatever you want but the team had a lot of fun with this game
youtube.com/watch?v=dJkABoGZB-g

Good riddance.
Fucking ugly ass tranny models

Suits the tiny horns
I could go for a young Alex

>Playing mobas
Playing mobas is a great way of telling everyone around you that you are indeed a faggot. To each their own

>Looking for masculine features on a female
Yikes

wow he wrote two articles of text and it has zero mentions of trannies and male sexual habits, what a loser, you sure got him good

>It's a Varian picks Twin Furies and chases kills into enemy team/towers alone episode
I've had a lot more wins with Taunt Varians than Twin Furies.

Attached: 1556507149079.png (287x295, 133K)

Who Abathur here?

this pic is so fucking retarded you just know a seething incel made it or reposted it
the two black guys much be suck fucking betas if they can't just tell the other people to fuck off, or just start hanging out alone again

low iq bait

i'm literally playing it right now as Q trole
9 deaths minimum per match
25 minute minimum games
100% winrate

>being insecure because the woman is more manly than you
yikes, oof and cringe
go take a walk, chubby

not as low iq as you

I unlocked every hero in the game without spending a single cent on it, and outside of a few matches in alpha, I never really played until 2.0.

The game is ridiculously generous to completely F2P players, you just grind your quests out in quick bot games, and spend the gems they give you from leveling up on heroes on sale.

>not enjoying the best ASSFAGGOTS character to exit

youtube.com/watch?v=6sD0Gnc-xDE

A lot of things but I'd say shared xp was one of the biggest. It diminished the reward you got by playing well by splitting it five ways, meaning you couldn't really carry but one person could still drag your entire team down. That and at least for casual play the wave clear heroes were to strong and safe.

Not really. She's as bland as you can imagine a dragon that loves and protects life to be. There's a reason people turn hewr into mommy, because it's the only way to make her character interesting without completely changing it, even if it's to make my pp hard.

>backside completely covered
that's just cruel

Lili is fun and cute!

Makes sense to me that a team game would emphesize team performance over individual performance.

Besides, it allows for retarded hero designs like Abathur or Lost Vikings.

No he's completely correct, there's nothing about that picture that's wrong. It's not just step by step the history of what fucked videogames up (which it still very much is) but basically the steps required to fuck ANY hobby up. Outsiders, casuals, then women, in that order.

user that's the point he's trying to make.
Looking for male features on a woman and especially something that's more masculine than you is unironically gay.

Rewarding Individual performance is always necessary in a team.

cope harder faggot

Not being able to buy or farm past EXP isn't that fun. Blizzard also dropped pretty much all support since it's not a good eSport and modern Blizzard is fucking obsessed with eSports over everything else.

But I do enjoy probe.

what a well articulated opinion

This.

Yeah but the problem is for most people it's not gonna feel good/rewarding since most people don't play premade teams. Mobas imo aren't popular because of team play, they're popular because if it goes poorly you can blame the team, and if it goes well you can feel like you carried 4 other people.

Yep hots completely missed the point of a moba.
The origin is people getting tired of micro multiple units and just wanting to focus on their hero in warcraft 3. The teamplay is just an accessory.

This, which is especially annoying because in every single one of their competitive games they quickly nerf anything that takes or rewards skill

Attached: Dreadlord Jaina.jpg (455x658, 307K)

Yeah exactly

Good thing I play the most micro+macro character ever, Samuro.

>Reddit balancing

Attached: 1563476768073.webm (426x426, 798K)

cringe

based

Attached: 1542921129094.jpg (1280x720, 330K)

There's something entertaining to me about how Blizzard adapted the most mindless fucking heroes in Warcraft 3 into being one of the most complex and micro-managing ones of HotS.

>Even at 20 you can't, really
wut? main complaint was the whole piercing aspect of sand blast which you can get piercing sands for. sure it was nerfed a bit but it still hurts like a bitch if all 3 of em hit

If you're so simple as to see a toned figure as masculine and a soft round figure as feminine, do you want to fuck lardfat men?
do you think gymbros who date girls who work out with them are homos? Do you think there's nothing attractive about a woman with the self-control and discipline needed to attain a nice body?
Drop that burger, tubby

>they nerfed all her damage (but also her costs and cooldowns) by like 50%
315 to 280 for sand blast and 390 ->195x3 for dragons breath isn't really 50% dmg reduction

games got casualized first as a result of corporations wanting a broader audience and bigger profits, and then those people arrived, not the other way around you stupid schizo retard
stop shaping your worldview based on epic jpegs you see on Yea Forums you fucking sheep, and unironically have sex

They should have went mobile with those mechanics. Chinks and casuals would played it to death while throwing money at it

Because ultimately it's just another assfaggots.

Attached: 1511444665428.png (512x512, 237K)

>implying all of those would be up when anduin finally does pop his ult
lightbomb only really works in a very organized group

You're supposed to save one for him in case he does ult.

>get queued with anduin
>he goes twin memes
>get queued with a guldan
>he goes rain of memes
godamn I hate randos

and a good anduin would make sure those skills have been burned before actually popping holy word, if you're close enough to get engaged by CC either your tanks are awful or your positioning is awful.

>Twin meme Anduin
???

I think you're confused.

>Save CC
>He doesn't use Holy Word
>Team dies

>Save CC
>He uses Holy Word
>Interrupt

>cashcow
>free to play game where playing for 2 hours gets you more skins than 20 dollars
I know you contrarians are retarded but jesus fuck

Attached: KfucOsR.png (802x523, 783K)

>Warcraft
>degenerate hero of orcs that uses little skill to simply stealth > crit > run away workers
>HoTS
>can be anywhere on the map at any time, taking any camp as he pleases and escape death on little to no health because he teleported to the other side of the map where his image was ready to farm xp/retreat
>

>Playing Anduin
>Every other Anduin and their dead mother uses Holy Word
>I want to make good use of Lightbomb
>Tank goes in and I put bomb on him
>He then instantly turns tail as soon as someone attacks him.
>Lightbomb wasted on fucking nothing x6 during the game

Attached: Daddy_Serious.png (743x557, 461K)

>???
twin blade andin

I think you're confused. it's like you're completely ignoring the other 4 members of anduins team

>Save CC for anduin
>enemy tanks/divers CC YOUR support or engage the shit out of your squishy dps
>Team dies
powerword is used to stop burst and is typically used at near the end of a fight only a retard would pop it early on

lightbomb is only good in very organized play, doesnt help that the visual indicator for it is so underwhelming

If you're losing a team fight because one person saved one CC for the healer's ult, you weren't going to win the fucking teamfight. Saving CC's for important channeled abilities and ults isn't something exclusive to fighting Anduin, it's kind of what's expected above Silver.

everyone who played HOTS more than 30 min know that you can make a comeback even with 3/4 levels late.

Comeback is much more easier in HOTS than in LoL and Dota

exactly. cc isnt as dangerous to a good anduin using powerword as you'd think. positioning is always key why would you be close enough to get cc'd hard nullifying inner fire and leap of faith?

Because it literally only affects people around him, so unless he's healing a backline he'd have to be in immediate danger.

>Comeback is much more easier in HOTS than in LoL and Dota
literally one hyper carry can turn a game in dota/lol whereas it's way harder to do in hots especially with the objectives.

powerword range is huge and it isnt exclusively used for the heal

fool

Attached: best.jpg (1000x1500, 557K)

Exp gains also diminish or increase based on how far ahead or behind you are respectively. If you want to make a comeback, turtling and safely getting mercs as a team makes it incredibly easy compared to other MOBAs.

If you're struggling to hit a completely stationary person who has to be within short-distance spell range with one CC ability, the problem is you. No one else seems to think that ult is a problem.

Attached: Holy.word_.salvation.Anduin[1].png (675x380, 361K)

Dilate.

With his ult you can 100-20/0 the squishier classes.
ESF got bonkers

I want to marry and impregnate Li-Ming

>playing QM
found your problem. Try draft modes

>turtling and safely getting mercs as a team makes it incredibly easy compared to other MOBAs.
it depends on the map really, some maps are easier to get comebacks than others

>If you're struggling to hit a completely stationary person who has to be within short-distance spell range with one CC ability,the problem is you,No one else seems to think that ult is a problem.
not saying lightbomb is awful it has it's uses especially with a dive heavy/melee heave comp powerword is just the safer of the 2 unless you're completely confident in your teammates and it doesnt have as much utility as powerword does as I said it all depends on how good you are at positioning and how good your tanks can peel properly

Attached: 1563881067442.png (675x380, 433K)

>used to like playing bot matches with human teammates
>cant find matches on off-hours anymore

Was it ever truly alive?

>all these blizzdrones claiming hots was the best assfaggot

Attached: buqtoc19dh021.png (1000x1000, 314K)

Kys pinoy monkey trash

This

You never played hots until you start winning in Ranked with Nova.
Nowadays I'm just playing from time to time in Q"clown-fiesta"M.

Attached: 270446b3e4[1].png (813x339, 440K)

Correct the lesbo was added and it went to shit

I want to put my nose up her fat, nasty smelly asshole.

Nerfing fun.

Sally Whitemane.

Attached: 1544818122745.webm (498x550, 593K)

Shitty character designs.
>muh dick
Doesn't count.

suck my dick bitch

>Oh my, you're a big brain user, aren't you?
Thanks for noticing user!
>select an item that gives +10 X instead of the on that gives +10 Y
Ya LoL items are pretty staty, they've gotten better with actives too, im a big fan of dota's items being very diverse with their actives and actually being able to buy game changing CC on anyone is great.

Attached: 1511101851631.jpg (1200x857, 96K)

Sorry, I'm not your mom.

Dead game

Attached: 2019-07-23_14-07-11.jpg (1068x432, 154K)

I've started playing it as of late and it's actually kinda depressing.

The game loot system is rather generous and it actually has soul, there is detail here and there, the aesthetic is actually cared for which is hard in such a game and each character has effort put into it to make it viable at some level while keeping its identity from the game it comes from.

It also is an absolute casualfest that is more often than not decided from min 0, especially since you don't know what map you are playing if you go quickplay so you can't choose a hero accordingly.

It's not as if was the best game ever, but it doesn't deserve to be in the shitter as much as it is.

>Enemy team has Chogall
>None of our assassins have a % based damage talents.

Attached: 1541761162239.jpg (381x330, 57K)

the blizzard game i actually liked to play

>Blizzard created Warcraft 3 which started the moba trend
>Completely misses the point of what makes a moba good.
>Remove things like XP and items that were in Warcraft 3.
What the fuck went wrong?

not enough lewd Tyrande skins!

Attached: ToIYfWF.jpg (1080x1920, 149K)

Welcome to forced 50% winrate

talents are actually better than items

Farming and items are the worse things about moba

Not at all retard. Items are important as they encourage you to farm better, to get kills, etc. and sometimes picking the right items at the right time is important.
That's actually the core of mobas.
Holy fuck HoTs drones are so fucked in their head.

Maiev is better than this generic bimbo only good at getting bred by Orcs.

15 min laning phase with only farming is the worst part of every moba game
I'm glad that they removed it from hots

Attached: tyrande.webm (439x376, 830K)

15mn laning phase with only farming only happens when you are the hard carry and the other team is getting rekt, which means that you already won the game.
You never played Dota, Warcraft 3 or a moba.

Just burn him down bro.
Got a storm league game with cho'gall/auriel on the opposite team and we went 15:3 kills.
He really didn't know what he was doing

What if Aba was in other ASSFAGGOTS?
Would it work?

>Babathur in a game where xp isn't team-based
no

Genii was worse though. At the very least you could go Taunt Varian and make Tracer’s life hell

>tfw you are Kharazim and land all Seven Strikes on a Cho’gall

Attached: 65392335_2986284198078265_9222100138124640256_n.jpg (941x960, 214K)

Kharazim is literally the only support in any Moba ever that is actually fun to play.

Based

I mean if that's what you are into, ever tried SC2 Co-Op Mode?

Most of them are, you want- you want presence in the lane, dude.
youtube.com/watch?v=aSHvzZy1YZA

>SC2 Co-Op mode
You did beat Railroad Switch and Assembly of Vengeance on Brutal, did you, user?

You arent wrong on alot of those points. I would also say fuck what stealth did to the game too, stealth was left to run rampant too long also IMO.
But on the matter of owning heroes, they gave away all/large portions of the roster multiple times for free. When 2.0 hit they gave all(?) heroes released at that time, free chests and other shit too with events depending on how much a person played/when they played.

they did not give all heroes on 2.0
you got the option of all assassins/tanks/supports. At least they gave you 1000 gems and the packs cost 1000 gems

Too little too late with the nerfs.

What if a game had both?

Aba is the least honest hero in the game, needing a remake desperately.
>unga bunga me sit in safe zone first 10 minutes
>ching chong still capable of contributing in teamfights and still do average/above average damage and protection
>huehue me now start big map soaking after enemy forts are down and press one button when a hero approaching me steps on my mine
>Estrogen Estrogen I still have a FUCKING MULE
He is more gay than techies in dota. a
At least Techies have to risk their lives from the very start thanks to no global xp, and have very clear counter items.

Attached: 1560249029643.jpg (750x792, 70K)

>heal slut support faggot
>while Medich is in the same fucking game
Shit taste

it would be hard to balance, unless items gave only basic stats and simple effects

>Have to kill guy with aba hat
>Dude is hard to kill with healing/shield/attack speed increase, is basically 2 heroes
>Only get credit for 1
>Aba is still jerking off in bot lane pushing down the fort with his locusts

This.
The only way they could have handled it worse was if they just posted an announcement saying "Go fuck yourselves for playing our game"

It's one of the highest grossing PC games each year. They only killed off the esports scene that Blizzard was funding.

But Dota has them both and is considered one of the most balanced multiplayer games of all time

Grom would be too similar to Garrosh

Really user? You sure there is no assfaggots with talents and items that aren't just stat sticks?

and the talents are very simple

Attached: 67326463_2323393254413499_176103902633000960_n.png (478x823, 341K)

NO

Attached: 1bda9002486a05a6ea22f4a57d7d0569.png (1302x2400, 967K)

Trash, fuck off

Because Blizzard literally killed it? They cut off funding and are going to put their money elsewhere. My girl LiLi deserves better

As are the hots talents excluding the lvl 10 and lvl 20 ones. Dota has aghs that gives you additional abilities/greatly changes them. And most items have a strong active effect.

I fucking hate mutations

I still find hard to believe that the HOTS team are the ones who made Wc3.

>Kharazim
>heal slut
no thats Morales
no matter what Kharazim should always be punching something in the fucking jaw

Because Dota and League exist. Competitive player play Dota the waifu loser play League there is no reason for heroes of the storm to exist.

Attached: 1553675755583.png (342x589, 292K)

ah yer right! was a 20 pack. swear they did another round of giving bundle of heroes later down the road but I cant find anything. think I ended up getting the flex pack when they did it.

hey remember how they decided adding not one, but two hyper mobile ranged assassins that can both attack while moving in a game where not even the guys with swords and hammers are allowed to attack and move at the same time

I MEAN WHAT THE FUCK COULD POSSIBLY GO WRONG

I wouldn't play coop without them, after a while running the same maps on brutal gets old, and I don't have too many commanders to keep the novelty going

Alarak gameplay sort of excites me but I genuinely live in a place where 5 euro is a lot more money than in the west and I'm still a minimum wage entry level

they recently did the Founders bundle iirc.
That was about 30 of the older heroes. Really helped fill in my roster

lmao dota players are so salty about league of legends cucking them

you can even see it in tft vs underlords drama

Because they're not. Except that one artist.

League players how does your comp scene look like? OH WAIT HAHAH

Attached: 1540805400285.jpg (1596x1164, 125K)

At least you finally figured out how to space correctly.

we both know its only that high because of soulless chinese insectoids

i hope they hold a TI outside of china

turns out people use vidya for escapism and they want a sense of progression they lack in real life.

as such extreme casual titles like hots do not live that long without a strong social component the game also don t have

>HotS thread
>entire thread = reddit faggots
>expectations met

Attached: 1560210722022.png (707x1000, 670K)

lmao your argument is prize pool? when riot does not even use crowdfunding?

are dota players this delusional? if you want metrics of popularity check viewers, sponsors and number of players

dota is not even a rival to league, it s just that much smaller. and that by being 100% free since it s job is/was to be a ad for steam

Go away, Nagatoro!

gas leak

check your batteries, folks!

Who else likes LiLi?

Attached: 1560699819914.png (708x1000, 118K)

>Alexstraza ass thread
>no porn
Beyond faggots

>giant ass without furry is kind of rare
>ass expansion is rare as fuck
Be glad you have so much good shit breast fans.

>games got casualized first as a result of corporations wanting a broader audience and bigger profits
So outsider and casuals arrived first, then women and then it slowly died just like in the pic?
>Uses incel unironically
>Uses have sex unironically
You have to go back.

>See thread
>Launch game
>Play a round of QM to get back into it
>Matched with 3 incompetent retards and 1 decent player
>Finish game mad as fuck
>Alt F4
Alright game though

bad game

I used to main her before they reworked her talents and removed her dps build

Attached: 2377574 - Alexstrasza Deathwing Source_Filmmaker TheGWorks World_of_Warcraft animated webm.webm (1280x720, 873K)

Losers are just going to post elfshit anyways.

Attached: alexstrasza 3.png (206x249, 130K)

rule34hentai.net/_images/e52427568229ce3d5863caedc858a1ec/342446 - 3D Alexstrasza Animated Leeterr Sound Source_Filmmaker World_of_Warcraft.webm

At least we have the 3d models for SFM

Attached: 20190723T102956.jpg (720x404, 156K)

mommy why is that man hurting you mommy stop

Attached: 1fe.png (658x662, 59K)

Him hurting her? If anything its the other way around.

Complexity comes from your hero pick and not the baseline mechanics.

Because while it was the best of Nu-Blizzard's games, it had a very small playerbase compared to everything else. It didn't make much money which was fine until Overwatch raised the bar on their profits due to the loot boxes and then made even more due to becoming an esport.
Heroes of the Storm had its devs make new characters, new maps and better skins than Overwatch has even for its own heroes but even then with two Nexus Challenges they simply lacked the retention and profit ActiBlizz wanted and their esports scene was equally as sad. When they decided to celebrate their big money numbers by firing people, they also decided HotS should have its team gutted to suplement the behemoth Overwatch was becoming, thus their esports league was suddenly shutdown, complete with irate former players pissed about the sudden drop with no warning and the team was rendered into a skeleton crew meant to give an illusion that the game was still somewhat alive.

Attached: 1555733956898.jpg (514x562, 67K)

It's almost impossible to feel any personal impact in hots, you can never truly carry or make an enormous difference. Also balancing is all out of wack.

Overwatch had some extremely shit design decisions right out of the gate. Emphasis on 'cool' insta-win ults and the insistence on making maps with narrow choke points when players have unlimited ammo and ability usages spring to mind.

best of both worlds

careful user I almost got promoted again...

Yeah, Overwatch was pretty fun as a fuck around game for a bit, but then ranked came in and after playing it in Try Hard mode you see waaaaay to many bad gameplay flaws.

How could they make all the females so thicc and still get away with it?

>Competitive Overwatch

Attached: 064.gif (326x281, 171K)

Because HOTS was a loveletter to the fans, created by the last remaining shred of talent left at blizzard who were able to capture the soul of each major blizzard character before christy golden and the SJW initiative swept across the company.

HOTS was the smash bros of mobas, it was casual friendly, it had a diverse cast of characters from a bunch of different blizzard games, and it did something different, unlike league which was a shitty knock off.

Then they pushed for esports, 2018 was pretty much the deathknell of HOTS, they pushed esports way too hard, and people who had no right being in game design were at the top calling the shots, TV executives hired to make the game 'fun to watch' rather then fun to play, which is why they started to prune the maps that encouraged roaming, and started to hard nerf ganking heroes and tanks, so that the game would be more focused around team fights, till it got so bad that you were teamfighting from level 1 because it was the smartest thing to do.

Then they realized that esports were shit and made the game less fun to play, and pretty much threw in the towel when half of the userbase, which was already pretty small, quit during the Garden of Terror rework, because it saw another global rework of various maps and characters to force the teamfight meta.

what the fuck are you even trying to say here

That was sort of the issue with it, with most popular modern shooters actually. Sure, you can have fun with games like those in the short term, but the reality is they have little staying power due to their design. Outside of actual flaws in their designs themselves, the games as typically mechanically shallow.

it's like the gaming laptop of video games

>Valve creates a system where the fans feed the pot for the international

>Riot just buys out major tournaments

there are still fans of DOTA lying around?

I miss old dota, 7.x has been nothing but an overhaul to the game that has made it worse in every way.

I mean we have Sonya and Zarya in it

LiLi Stormslut

Attached: 20190604_102715.png (763x517, 153K)

There's more to being complex than just limited ammo, isn't there?

I want to suck out her healing brew.

The map variety
No, seriously, this is the reason why I stopped playing LoL
I got sick of Summoner's Rift

She has the most patches with balance changes of all heroes.

You can easily make a big impact playing an assassin.
Kelthuzad can blow up squishies by himself, raynor can output lots of damage despite being easy to play. Full stacked butch is scary, Jaina and KT and Ming and Alarak can drain healthbars. Loads of room to make the difference.
If you play tank or healer then good luck getting the retards to notice you saved their asses more than once

Bird's-eye view and a distant camera lets you get away with a lot, I'd imagine.

what the fuck does THAT mean?

So you saying it was casual shit where skill doesnt matter and you were attracted to it coz of your low iq?

Why is he humping that fish?

Attached: 3a07a545827f53bf1222ab48579e5275.jpg (1000x1000, 405K)

Attached: dong.jpg (850x1268, 289K)

They just buffed her with the last patch and said they are planning more stuff for her.

Stukov is another action Support that I have a ton of fun with, but nothing beats taking Way of a Hundred Fists and 3 charges of dash and just destroying a backline assassin while they can do nothing to run away.

Attached: 9B871F4AF27465129DEF3E47C5285E227640E5BF.gif (294x233, 3.96M)

>Then they fucked up stealth and made him useless
Zeratul is still a fucking powerhouse and a nightimare to deal with in the hands of a skilled player.

Someone never saw Dreadlord Jaina.

which ass will win?

Attached: 794ef3ec4453bb6919882f091570e855.jpg (1991x1850, 369K)

If I had a dime for every brew I threw out at a dead player
Post more

Good ol MetalOwl

/thread

Grinding for 30 minutes and using an item guide are not skills. Get dabbed on, chinks.