>that looks terrible
Pleb, please.

oh look it's another graphicsfag thread

>setting the bar for action games
>gets btfo'd by a new ip
>dies in a month
>forgotten
KEK

Attached: 0000202323.png (1973x775, 590K)

epic falseflag lmao u show those dmcucks whose boss

lol, stay seething sekiro fag! nobody even talks about sekiro anymore!

Kamiya is not directing Astral Chain

Sekiro is a meme game, though.

Astral Chain looks so fucking bad where the hell is the Babylon’s Fall news. I want my endless-support games-as-service action-rpg.

Sekiro is an actually challenging experience with an unforgettable final boss. DMC5 is another practice of combo autism filled with linear corridors into battles with a fucking awful final boss and piss poor story resolution.

>Sekiro is hot garbag-

Attached: Sekiro Duel.webm (1024x576, 2.87M)

>Can't SSS
It's okay user.

I'm not saying Sekiro is a bad game, I'm saying it's a meme game. It's a LE ZANY STREAMER RAGE DARK SOULS HARD LOLOL Twitch bait game, of course it's got a higher player count. That isn't proof that it's better, just that it's more popular.

Nioh is the only one of these kinds of games I can stand to play because I fucking hate games that use shoulder buttons for melee attacks.

how about you guys convince the other soulsfags that your game is actually the better one before you start coming at games with actual combat depth

idk about BF but AC for sure doesn't look that good. Take control of regular enemies? nah, shoulda gone for a different gimmick. That's the point we are at. The sub genre's pretty fleshed out, now the only thing left is little gimmicks to add to it as it's already been done as good as it's gonna be.

I used to feel that exact same way when Demon's Souls released. Shoulder buttons for attacks seemed stupid to me, but after a while now I actually love that set-up.

>The sub genre's pretty fleshed out
There aren't nearly enough games that use third-person shooter mechanics well, and I think that's a real fucking shame. I think I've played every single game ever that did it, and I've been legitimately impressed by about 2 of them. It's something Plat keeps trying to do though.

>actually bragging about SSS when any retard can get an SSS while sleeping with Balrog and V is "mash to SSS: the character"

lol. It's sad how DMCucks think their games are actually harder than they are.

Show that mission rank screen.

oh is it a shooter? I thought it was another stylish character action game where you control regular enemies on a leash or something. I didn't make it past the detective scene on the game play reveal.

No, it's not a shooter. You don't control regular enemies, basically you have 5 "weapons" to choose from that are monsters and you move the monsters around in addition to yourself, and attack with them in addition to your default police night stick.

But, in true Modern Platinum Games fashion, one of the 5 enemy-weapon-things is a giant bow that you aim and shoot like a TPS, complete with a bullet-time slo-mo effect.

Ever since they first tried it with Vanquish, it's been appearing in some fashion in everything they've done; MGR, Transformers (which did it beautifully), TMNT, Automata, Scalebound (RIP), Astral Chain. Only Bayo 2 and TW101 didn't, and the latter is a 2D isometric game.

Shit, fuck me, I forgot Anarchy Reigns! Anarchy Reigns did it too, with the gun pickups and turrets.

vanquish was an ok game, MGR as well got way too much praise here a couple of years ago. Didn't get AR because I'm honestly not impressed with their games so far, except i really loved Bayo 1. I like it more than any of the DMC's. Haven't played 5 yet though

youtube.com/watch?v=Bu4_jcrSv3Y
>Sekiro is a difficult ga-

he pretty much kept the genre alive while DMC was on hiatus
AC looks good anyway and im sure bayonetta 3 is somewhere

>Didn't get AR because I'm honestly not impressed with their games so far
It was cool for what it was (a multiplayer versus stylish action arena game) but it died an unceremonious death because it got no patch support and now its playerbase is dead. Plat didn't really understand how to make a multiplayer game successful, they let way too many balance-breaking bugs ride. Playing AR now would be a bad choice.

I'm right there with you on the games you played, though I do think MGR has a lot of charm once you dig into it a little bit. Their best work is definitely Bayonetta, though, and Transformers Devastation:

youtube.com/watch?v=oz8gdggfBkY

It's equal parts Bayonetta, Vanquish, Twisted Metal, and RPG build-mongering nonsense. Truly one of the best action games ever created.

yeah I missed Transformers, I was gonna get it but I heard korra was so bad, so I skipped it. i'll have to get it when i get another ps4.

It's a shame that it was released in the Korra-TMNT sandwich (Korra wasn't terrible, FWIW, it was definitely an underdeveloped title but for $15 it was pretty good) because people wrote it off as shovelware, but it shines like a fucking diamond.

There are still keys on G2A and shit, buy it. Pirate it, I don't care. Play it, it's a fucking masterpiece.

i just added it to my amazon list. I'll be getting it.
on MGR, i did play a good chunk of it. most of my way through Revenegance difficulty but I didn't really enjoy the slicing mechanic and the parries as well. I know people love it though.

It's got a fun combat system, simple but well-rounded and with enough room to have fun, but you really have to enjoy the sort of "integrated aim-based headshot-with-a-sword" Zandatsu thing to actually love it. It was and still is a totally unique rhythm and loop for an action game to work that way, and the fact that the enemy AI was designed around real-time procedural dismemberment was fucking cool as shit.

That said, Jetstream Sam was a MUCH more fun character to play as than Raiden, because of the emphasis on dodging rather than parrying (with most of Sam's parries leaving him stunlocked and only true perfects allowing a window to retaliate) and the taunt mechanic... and the fact that Sam's moveset is much more DMCesque, with every move having a specific position and knockback property with unique advantages. The Sam DLC is the best part of MGR.

youtube.com/watch?v=Z3j7zLYsPsU

Nice changing goalposts my man, and what will you do after I post that, ask for my Rank screen of the HD Collection? Your franchise is not hard, getting SSS Style meter is not hard, and the game's arbitrary ranking system does not even play into the combo autism fest the games became known for. Nothing in DMC5 comes close to the satisfaction of beating Isshin, because the game relied so hard on fanservice carrying its piss poor attempt at a story and emotional climax.

I must be watching too much youtube because for some strange reason, sometimes videos only load like 5 seconds and then stop. has that ever happened to you?

>its another lets falseflag as DMCfags to shit on kamiya episode
kamiya and itsuno are bros with nothing but respect for eachother and kamiya is is one of if not the best vidya directors of all time and that is an undeniable FACT.

Attached: kamiya and itsuno.jpg (1200x983, 306K)

Kamiya isn't making AC you dipshit

>sekiro
>Unforgettable final boss
it was average as fuck.

You're thinking of Vergil from DMC5. Easy mistake to make, they both use katanas

>You're thinking of Vergil from DMC5.
>Average boss fight
Seethe.

Attached: 582374021.png (336x273, 221K)

DMC5 was disappointing as fuck. Anyone who disagrees is just a desperate DMC fan that doesn't want to face the fact that series has been effectively dead since 2005.

trying to show us that sekiro has depth in it's combat when in reality you just have to spam R1 and L1 to win.

Attached: All this way.jpg (1713x924, 91K)