Baldur's Gate Thread

Well having summons that you can conjure up from thin air certainly was helpful in some of the more tougher fights now I can see why everybody gushes about magic in the series

I've been playing as a pure fighter just going into fights & wacking things to death

Attached: Summons.png (640x480, 381K)

Other urls found in this thread:

warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Jaheira IS a CUTE mommy wife user! You SHOULD romance mommy Jaheira IN Baldur's Gate AND Baldur's Gate 2! (You should! You should!)

Attached: Sequel Jaheira.png (210x330, 136K)

*is superior in every way*

Attached: 25917-icewind-dale-windows-front-cover.jpg (800x969, 226K)

Ok, champ

Accalia IS a GOOD wife user! Give ME Accalia wife! Give ME Cleric wife!

>has virtually no sidequests
>the story is just "evil dude set up a cult, stop him by killing everything in the way"
>randomized loot
>instead of making interesting encounters, they just multiply monster quantity by 10 and call it a day
It is a worse story and roleplaying game than Baldur's Gate and a worse action game than pretty much any Diablolike.

You CAN make your OWN party AND your OWN wifes user! It IS a GOOD game WITH custom wifes!

Sure thing, Binky.

i read all the drizzt books and icewind dale books as a kid and still i couldn't get into IWD, it just felt like a side story to BG using the same engine, i remember lots of fighting the same enemies over

Drizzt sister DID give me GREAT soreness user! She IS a GOOD wife! Give ME cute drow wife!

So Temple of Elemental Evil?

Did the EE edition get rid of the pre-rendered backgrounds when advancing between chapters?

Attached: heading towards home again.png (640x480, 300K)

Temple of Elemental Evil IS a GOOD game user it DOES have Melany wife! (It does! It does!)

but is it fun that's the main cavant when playing through a D&D campaign isn't it?

Attached: Candlekeep Inn.png (640x480, 318K)

Wtf user are you alright?

What!

>just started BG2 for the first time
>barely left the starting dungeon and gotten in to the city
>already just wanna go back to BG1 and do a different run
Nostalgia is a hard drug to beat

You CAN romance Jaheira IN Baldur's Gate 2 user it IS good! She IS your mommy FROM Baldur's Gate SO her romance IS extra mommy! She IS a GOOD mommy wife! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Jaheira.png (210x330, 123K)

II seems to have went in a completely different direction from the first one because people thought the NPCs were the main appeal or something to that affect

>rarely see baldur's gate discussed on Yea Forums
>never played it before
>decide to start playing Enhanced edition co-op with a friend
>suddenly BG threads every day
What's going on?

Attached: 1337260701474s.jpg (251x251, 9K)

Baldurs Gate 3 was announced

Oh right

Larian IS developing Baldur's Gate 3 user! They SHOULD give GOOD wifes! Lohse IS a GOOD wife FROM Divinity Original Sin 2! (She is! She is!)

Attached: Lohse.jpg (639x1000, 245K)

People might talk shit about you playing the enhanced edition but I honestly hope you have a good time playing co-op with a friend user. None of my friends want to play these games so I just have to be a solo nigga

I will fuck Imoen and there is nothing you can do about it.

redpill me on why people hate the Enhanced edition. I'm a 30 year old boomer so I can usually deal with lack of quality of life stuff, but being able to zoom out so far is really nice.

I do NOT use mods user AND I do NOT wife Imoen BUT there IS a mod TO romance Imoen! She IS cute BUT she IS sister SO I do NOT wife BUT you CAN wife IF you want user!

Attached: Imoen.png (210x330, 111K)

How do you filter this mouthbreathing waifufag retard, again?

Attached: 1505104865647.jpg (1920x1090, 210K)

i certainly liked BG
but IWD's shocked me with it's atmosphere and lonely adventurous feels of the cold north

Attached: trees-dark-fantasy-art-Icewind-Dale-artwork-Kuldahar-_2989-22.jpg (1280x640, 86K)

I'm not an expert in the field but issues stem from shitter graphics and UI, loads of bugs that took a while to be fixed, new OC characters and using class kits that didn't exist (honestly, I like more options even if they're broken cuz it can just be fun, but the fact that there's at least one original character that now uses one of these class kits is a bit shit) and just general displeasure with how Beamdog does things. I've played both, I don't really care either way, though everytime I see the old ui I do get pretty nostalgic

Attached: 1394651431391.jpg (308x700, 121K)

You CAN turn OFF screen user! (You can! You can!)

I don't think so, but I like it a lot.

I wish bg had a more active asian modding scene...

Attached: jp modding.gif (800x638, 252K)

what's a good class to relearn how to play? only played through once like 12 years ago. I figure maybe Berserker?

Are there any connections between the planescape universe and the baldurs gate universe? Is the Forgotten Realms just one of the Prime Worlds? I know you can find Dakkon's blade at the adventurer mart

>touhou

it really is in everything isn't it?

I wonder if there were any demon/tilfing mods for BG I?

Attached: Reimu.png (640x480, 23K)

sirene npc for EE is probably the only I remember

Bugs that has been fixed for decades in the original versions, new modern writing in some placesunwarranted prejudice? against a race that gets off from violence and killing?, just general "let's compile the most used mods and sell this shit as a remaster", etc.

>Are there any connections between the planescape universe and the baldurs gate universe? Is the Forgotten Realms just one of the Prime Worlds?
<

>I know you can find Dakkon's blade at the adventurer mart
Mod.

Attached: 1414999092958.jpg (2365x2850, 1.3M)

Beamdog is a guilty of a number of different crimes. Here are the major ones.

1. The Enhanced Editions are essentially a collection of free mods that had existed for nearly twenty years. Beamdog gathered them all up, slapped "Enhanced Edition" on it and resold it as a new product. There's very very little in the Enhanced Editions that wasn't already out there, and most of it is stuff you don't want (like obnoxious character outlines).

2. The games didn't sell so well and the originals were still far outselling them, even twenty years after their release, so Beamdog had EVERY digital distributor stop selling the originals and ONLY sell the Enhanced Edition. If you want to buy a digital copy of the originals now, they're "bundled" into the Enhanced Edition. Now these scumbags can claim sales from people just wanting to buy the originals as their own.

3. The infamous 600+ bugs on launch. The game is still riddled with bugs (as even a perfunctory glance over their forums show) but the fact that it took nearly two years for them to get a game that had been working fine for 20 years to reach playability after launch is telling of their wild incompetence.

4. This is where we get to the ones that really piss people off. Beamdog couldn't just remaster the game, they had to fuck with the content too. New dialogue for existing NPCs like Jaheira, Viconia, Safana, Kivan, et cetera was written in to make the characters more progressive and leftist friendly. Beamdog shills will argue that "adding content isn't changing content XDDD" but it is when the new content changes the core personalities of the existing characters. This is in addition to adding a slew of their own LGBT (hitherto there were none in Baldur's Gate) NPCs, all flooded with OP attributes and magic items to encourage people to play them despite their cancer.

5. Siege of motherfucking Dragonspear.

6. warosu.org/vr/thread/5402232#p5408278

/^[^>].*[A-Z]{2,} ([A-Z']?[a-zI']+ )+[A-Z]{2,}( (\w+|'))*\!\)?/m
/\! [A-Z]((\w|'|\d)* )*\w*\!\)?$/
/\((.*\!) ?\1\)/
/^(>>\d{5,10}\n)*.*[A-Z]{2,}.*\!$/

good night mentally ill waifufaggot

literally just Yea Forums being elitist reactionary retards as usual
>bugs
yes, present at launch but it's been years and they're fixed
>le SJW writing
only in new companions which are completely ignoreable, WoTC literally would not allow Beamdog to change any of the dialogue or writing of the original games
>le price
not a problem because GOG versions are very easily piratable

yeah Berserkers are very good user,especially if you dual class to mage,druid or cleric

I’m curious to see how they play on Switch.

berserker/mage is the most absurdly godlike class for a trilogy run. Berserker through he first game, and then dual classing to mage shortly within BG2. Kensai/Mage is also one that is very famous but playing as a kensia through all of BG1 sucks ass and the benefits can be made up with how the berserker can wear armor that is equal to the kensai bonuses

Yeah I'm actually really looking forward to being able to play on the couch on the slimmer model,maybe I should just go & buy three copies to rope my friends into it they've never played the infinity engine games but ironically loved the first dragon age

Attached: Grave Robbers.png (640x480, 334K)

>just played through BG1 with a kensai
>bought the shield amulet
>tanky as fuck
Thank you nashkel carnival

berserk>kai

I still don't understand what the hell were they thinking to waste resources in the black pits I/II campaigns..

wew never knew you could pick up her body

>oh neat, free girl just lying around

ranger/cleric is the gigachad of class combos change my mind

Attached: varg_vikernes-burzum.jpg (300x400, 25K)

Trying out Ranger/Cleric for the first time in my IWDEE run. Dual wielding maces with skeletal undead as their racial enemy.

Gonna fuck up those skelly cunts

for me,it's barbarian
>immune to backstabs
>20% natural resistance to physical damge+defender of easthaven+hardiness makes you almost immune to all physical damage

Attached: conan.jpg (1035x1300, 216K)

They got nerfed in EE.

Ranger/Cleric or Skeletal Undead? Gonna be honest, while I've played both original BG and the enhanced edition, I have not played the original IWD

You can't actually get stuck if you murder Rieltar on the third floor can you?

Attached: Suspicious.png (640x480, 353K)

R/C, they only get up to level 3 druid spells.

you should play the original,the EE kits are very overpowered in IWD and ruin the game,unlike BG the classes in IWD are balanced much better

That would be strange as you're going to be accused of murdering him either way.

Nope.

no,just murder his ass,you get accused of killing him no matter what

I have pillars of eternity but haven't played it. I want to get into these classic CRPG's but just always stop playing before I can actually get into them. As a beginner, should I play something newer/more casualized like POE and then play BG, or should I just jump straight into BG and play until I get over the beginners hump?

oh shit i misread the post

well uhh cleric/mage is a pretty badass class combo

Attached: redshirt.jpg (1335x1060, 123K)

Ouch. Well, at least I have a druid too but that still kinda sucks.

Baby's first multiclass

Just don't play the EE you casual nigger

>god tier
berserker/mage
kensai/mage
fighter/mage multi-class

>good tier
ranger/cleric
fighter/druid
cleric/mage
berserker/druid dual-class

>utility tier
cleric/thief
mage/thief
FMT
FMC
fighter/thief
fighter/cleric

You should definitely start with a more modern crpg, especially if you seem to stop playing when things get going. Bg1 and 2 are even with mods or the Enhanced edition a chore to play and navigate, the thac0 system bg uses is unintuitive. Graphics hold up well, as well as dialogues, but I think poe1 or even 2 are a proper start into the genre. If you dont mind old games, start with bg1. But that game has a really basic fantasy world, which doesnt mean its bad

I'll testify to the effectiveness of Fighter kit into Mage dualclassing but I'm not sure it's worth the chore of jumping hoops for the dual class system.

Attached: Half-orc_(female)_BDORCF1_Portrait_BG1EE.png (210x330, 98K)

beautiful...

Attached: Gnome_(male)_YANNER6_Portrait_GoH2.png (210x330, 102K)

I can't find motivation to play this game. I made a half-elf Cleric/Ranger with my party consisting of the first 5 people I encountered (Imoen, Jaheira and her retard, crazy mage and crazy fighter/theif guy) and I ended up quitting after entering baldurs gate, as I wasn't having fun. I couldn't use bows so was either using the stupid sling or running in and missing with my dual mace attacks. I was spending most of my time sitting on the mage in my party casting spells.
I recently tried again by making a mage/thief, but I'm already bored as hell at Friendly Arm Inn.
How do you guys get motivation to play this game? I played the hell outta Dragon Age Origins and DA2, so I thought I'd like this too, but it's just not hooking me.

Then don't play it and move on. Wait for BG3.

How did you get the Harpers and the two psychos (who are Zhents, I think?) to avoid viciously gutting each other?

It takes time to happen so he probably drop the game before conflicts.

All they did was bicker with the same repetitive lines. They never attacked each other or anything.

They were at each other's throats for me by the time the party got to Nashkel without fail. I did play unmodded BG1, though. Haven't tried in BGT yet.

>DnD combat
>RPG leveling
>Loot
The gameplay is exactly what it should be. Maybe you play DA for the graphics?

I don't know how long the game is, but I did the tedious elf forests and flooded the mine. I mostly followed the story until quitting at Baldurs Gate.

>hey i'm lohse xDD u wanna go on an adventure 2geth-DOOOOOOOOM >:((( oh sorry it's just my le demon headmate oh you dont want me to join? ok ill wait here GIVE ME UR SOOOOORCE

What!

>It is a worse story and roleplaying game than Baldur's Gate and a worse action game than pretty much any Diablolike.
>and roleplaying game
god damn you fucking zoomer faggots who think roleplaying games mean playacting. Choose good vs evil actions whoa so deep I love finite branching dialog trees the gaming equivalent of multiple choice tests i hope you brought your number 2 lead pencil. Fucking worst part about CRPGs is the """roleplaying"""

RPGs mean tactical combat and dungeon crawling adventure and the infinity engine uses the rtwp trick to great effect to blend the D&D combat rules with CRPG world-interaction and also streamline some issues with the D&D system that don't translate well into a pure turn-based computer game like having lots of repeat actions on successive turns (especially empty turns like a mage waiting to cast a spell until the right moment). Comparing to Diablo or a Diablolike just proves you to be a mental midget who shouldn't be in this thread at all.

>berserker/druid dual-class
most ironpilled build right there

I grant you 100 XP for roleplaying a retard while interacting with the other guys, keep it up!

You really have to soak in the atmosphere & weirdness of 2nd/3rd edition D&D to really get into the groove of things

Is my only choice at the beginning of the game to kite enemies and use ranged weapons only? I'm having a lot of success with it compared to my past attempts to play the game but it's honestly really boring and I'm still not having fun

Please someone tell me how to enjoy Baldur's Gate

>use ranged weapons only
Yes.

Play solo, get the ankheg platemail and +3 quarterstaff right at the start of the game. You will demolish everything.

BG 2 > IWD 2 > IWD > BG
Planescape above all these

using magic can be a lot of fun with the right spells

Attached: Fireballs & Wands.png (640x480, 326K)