What are the best space exploration games?

what are the best space exploration games?

Attached: fingers of God.jpg (1534x1600, 405K)

Other urls found in this thread:

spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/
youtube.com/watch?v=fcP95zXWDYU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

It's called Pillars of Creation actually. Space scares me

Bump for interest. I've been playing a lot of ED but I want more. Elite feels more and more shallow as I keep playing.

Allow me to give you guys a little perspective on how insignificant we are. This is the largest image of the Andromeda galaxy, one tiny part of the universe. Try zooming in.

spacetelescope.org/images/heic1502a/zoomable/

Space Engine

BRUH

Attached: pillars_of_creation.png (1355x710, 1.56M)

Been curious about this. Is there any gameplay to this, or is it just floating around in an enormous void?

I was considering Elite, how is it? Is it kind of forgotten about now? I can't really see people playing it anymore. I also really fancied getting back into EVE, but then I remember how terrible it is, I just want a comfy space game.

No gameplay at all, but it's a huge beautiful planetarium that runs in real time and allows you to move around freely. Lots of statistics about stuff like atmospheric conditions or gravity if you're into that stuff.

Even when people played ED, the chances of running into another player were practically nil. Most of the time you're trucking from station to station looking at space. It's very comfy.

Attached: spess engine.jpg (1920x1080, 253K)

Almighty GOD himself would have just deleted Thanos, bro. Don't worry about it.

I think I remember seeing Space Engine be popular on Yea Forums back around 2011, though I haven't played it myself.

The comfy Space Engine threads were great, I wish they made a bigger comeback for the steam release.

Attached: el espacio.jpg (1920x1018, 609K)

What's with all the space threads all of a sudden

Attached: BridgeCommander.webm (1200x675, 2.65M)

made a flag out of it once for some /tg/ thread, I think it was about making flags for space nations

I didn't really like how it turned out, not sure if it could be simplified in a good way so a child could draw it

Attached: spaceflag.png (1366x1425, 46K)

I guess the exploration phase in stellaris is alright for the first or second time

I vaguely remember those threads having a lot of wallpaper material

>False Color
Yawn

I got Rebel Galaxy on PS+ for 'free' but never downloaded or tried it, anyone know if it's worth a try? I also seen some Dreadnought game too on F2P games.

The Pillar of Creation were destroyed hundreds of thousands of years ago in a nearby supernova.

We have about a couple thousand years until the light from the explosion reaches us, showing the destruction.

Freelancer

Space Engine and Elite Dangerous.

this
Pillars got literally blown the fuck out

Is this a color edit, or are there actually green stars flying around that I've never seen?

Everspace in VR is really cool. Makes me feel small

I loved Rebel Galaxy for its simplicity. It has naval based combat, missions are rather barebone, has an impressive amount of different ships, with a love-it-or-hate-it gritty blues soundtrack. Don't be fooled by the graphics: every solar system is basically a flat disc where you fly around in 3rd person.

>We have about a couple thousand years until the light from the explosion reaches us, showing the destruction.
Not too long to wait then

That may be the planet's atmosphere effecting the color of that sun

apparently some star can appear green due to optical illusions, but there are no actual green stars

Stellaris is neat I guess. Also No Man's Sky is unironically max comfy.

Its just a giant fart in space

Attached: 1542893911294.jpg (1149x725, 98K)

Star Citizen is the best space game by far

The greatest heist ever pulled.

>estimated delivery date 2014
>answer the call 2016!
Begone Croberts.

Underspace

X3 with the XRM mod. You never knew what you’d fly into every time you went through a stargate. Along the border of Terran space you’d run into massive fleet battles with hundreds of fighters, carriers, battleships etc duking it out. Games got a huge learning curve though and a lot of shit to manage, like having to buy every missile/round you fire if you use expendable weapons.

Outer Wilds

Obviously youtube.com/watch?v=fcP95zXWDYU

Mass effect 1 (2 as well but to a lesser extent )

Pulsar: Lost Colony is pretty fun if you get a good group together.