What went wrong?

What went wrong?

Attached: rekt.png (284x650, 255K)

Other urls found in this thread:

screenrant.com/ps4-nintendo-switch-best-selling-console-2018/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

You for sourcing vgchartz.

Nothing went wrong.

PS4 is dead in Japan bruh. Switch also outsold it, already.

Japan isn't PS4's main market so it really doesn't matter.

Attached: k ross.jpg (1197x900, 152K)

Yup, the USA is, and the PS4 is bombing here (switch is outselling it 2:1). I knew this shit console would not have long term staying power. Pathetic.

Last time i checked, 100 million was a really big number.

Nah. EU is their main market. It is where they sell the majority of their consoles.

The bigger they come the harder they fall. Damn the PS4 is falling hard and fast.

How fast? What is the deficit year over year?

user,are you ok?

Attached: 1562109275173.jpg (492x491, 38K)

And the Switch is killing them in Europe right now.

Attached: Merkel.jpg (400x300, 18K)

Why do people who dont live in or never have been to japan care about it so much?

>Losing Europe
How did Sony fuck up so badly?

A pity Europeans aren't known for buying large amounts of software. Twice the population of the U.S. and games still sell worse in Europe -- except for Soccer games.

>25%. Imagine your pay being cut by 25%

Everyone there already has a ps4

the lack of ape escape 4

>Vita
>182 combined global
Vita had a hard life

>Almost 100 million consoles sold
>What went wrong?

Attached: a5MZ4DL_700b.jpg (326x294, 18K)

It's probably more that PS4 has no new games to look forward to and everyone who wanted a PS4 already has one.

Did those 100 million throw away their PS4s nincel?

Attached: 1549293322973.jpg (1200x508, 58K)

I hope they just stay dead this time, they didn’t learn shit from the PS3

Attached: 570CF2D5-3FBE-4B41-B977-FBCCE9E7D4B1.png (716x1012, 751K)

Or maybe it took people years to realize the PS4 was shit?

Attached: ponder.jpg (300x150, 7K)

>Pedos hate Sony now

Why can't Sony stop winning?

Not by much. And PS4 has already been on the market for too long. In fact the PS4 should have sold like this last year according to Sony's own estimates but instead it outsold the Switch during the Switch's best year so far.
Nah. On average every PS4 owner has almost 10 games. That is a fantastic software attachrate so that isn't based in fact.
Source?

Sony always wins baby.

Attached: no fair.jpg (193x261, 14K)

1. Vgchartz is fake news
2. Console wars is not allowed here
3. Stop sucking corporate dicks

>Vita outsold the Wii U

Attached: pepe-transparent-laugh-1.png (600x580, 360K)

There are 2,116 PS4 games, 876M software sales and an attach rate of 10 games per console per household. When will Yea Forums stop pretending like PS4 isn't a roaring success that will dethrone the PS2 in your lifetime?

God damn I hate this Snoy biased retard

Attached: BkqlLCP2_400x400.jpg (255x255, 13K)

I'm surprised how well the Xbox does, considering it was a total flop at the beginning

I sure do love [COMPANY]! [COMPANY] Is great and better than [OTHER COMPANY]!

>bombing
>sold the most this generation and it's not even close
Imagine being so upset by a piece of plastic that you have to spread lies that your preferred piece of plastic is better.

>Source?

Still stuck at number one? ;)

Attached: uh oh..jpg (300x249, 20K)

vgchartz is ok when is nintendo

>Vita literally doesn't sell one unit outside of Japan

>Switch is outselling the PS4.

Attached: sponge.jpg (480x360, 12K)

>Outsold 9 to 1 by the Switch and almost 4 to 1 by the PS4
>I'm surprised how well the Xbox does
Nigga those numbers are abysmal, it's Sega levels of failure, i'm surprised Microsoft will still bother with another dead console next gen.

>It hasn't outsold PS4 in its first two years

It was discontinued about 40 months ago in NA and EU. All of those weekly sales since then have been from their last shipment that long ago.

>Sony always wins baby.

Attached: psvita.jpg (275x183, 6K)

Is nintendo going to count switch lite sales as switch proper? Because switch proper sales are about to bomb hard.

What? The PS4 sold extremely well this generation. Having even a third of PS4 sales is pretty damn good.
Also Xbox gets ports do this day. Compare that to the Wii U failure which didn't get third party games a year after release.
Sure the Xbox was not outstanding, but still the sales are pretty decent.

Console has been out for over 5 years, most people who would want one have one by now.

Switch is newer and also handheld so hits two markets.

Long tem staying power? Nigga the PS5 will literally be out next year, the PS4 has smashed it this generation no matter how hard you reeee

What do you mean? You said that the deficit was 25% and i'd like to know what your source is.
It really doesn't matter though. The PS4 is in its 6th year at this point so it has already sold more than what any decent console has ever sold.

you can bet this guy was making threads like these everyday last generation

Attached: 1527543088273.jpg (456x683, 72K)

Shut the fuck up, Europoor, Xbox One was a shit console which is why no one brought it but most here in the US is starting to hate Sony and move to Microsoft and Nintendo.

CENSOR THIS!!!!!

Attached: 1563783793444.png (179x283, 67K)

>Sony is based in Japan
>Sony is a Japanese company
>Sony always wins baby.

Attached: gg.png (798x312, 23K)

PS5 is just a year out, yet I know Yea Forums will keep seething over PS4 even after the fact.

I think Xbox can recover if they change their strategy to make it the poor-man's system. They need to provide lots of games through the game pass so they can give people a really good value. They're doing that now. Then make a cheaper, less powerful system. The next Xbox should be cheaper than the PS5, especially if the PS5 ends up being $800 or something. And then get better exclusives. Microsoft has the money to do this and they say they're doing this. I can see Xbox making a comeback this generation.

Sony and Microsoft count Pro, Slim, 1X and 1S so yeah

>It hasn't outsold PS4 in its first two years

He doesn't know.

Attached: 1548374659464.png (752x444, 68K)

I remember seeing vgcharts with different console versions. The ps4 pro specifically. Maybe im mistaken

>Sony always wins baby

Attached: rekef.png (1289x311, 55K)

Is this bait? Why is Vita only in Japan when it's Worldwide for the others?

He probably only reads Resetera.

Microsoft only bought shitty indie devs for peanuts, they didn’t actually buy any big studio.

A bunch of indies coming to PC and Xbox but not on Playstation isn’t going to change shit, especially with PS5 being backwards compatible including PSN purchases, it’s over, Microsoft already lost.

everyone interested in owning a ps4 already has one

screenrant.com/ps4-nintendo-switch-best-selling-console-2018/

I have read that article. It only looks at the sales for janurary compared to december.
Pic related for full story.

Attached: 1543298001252.png (771x824, 290K)

I will buy a vita soon only for emulation purposes

>Launch aligned

Except he was talking about last year sales, PS4, a 5 year system, actually outsold the Switch, a 1 year system, worldwide.

Launch aligned also doesn’t take into account price and the fact that Nintendo hardware doesn’t have legs.

who fucking cares

Sony is making some major mistakes, the most expensive system has never won a generation(Master System, Neo Geo, Game Gear, Nintendo 64, PSP, Xbox, PS3, Vita, Xbox/Xbox One X). They're also censoring games, which history has proven is disastrous. They're going to drop the ball this generation, I'm sure of it.

Denial is not good for your mental health sweetie.

Attached: oh my.png (920x701, 112K)

Mind if I screenshot this post?

>Europoors

Switch is having a hell of a run in the US

Attached: nintendo npd.png (932x1736, 238K)

>PS4, a 5 year system, actually outsold the Switch, a 1 year system, worldwide
This is irrelevant because the PS4's first 2 years were far from its best, 2017 was its best year despite coming out in 2013. C'mon, this is common knowledge in salesfag threads. As for if Switch has legs, we'll have to wait and see. I don't think the Switch will outsell the PS4, but it will come close.

Sure, like the guy who screenshotted my post saying the Switch would sell over 15 million in the first year.

>a handheld, which is also the cheapest of all systems, is selling the most

who would have thought?!?!

Youre comparing a system that is at the end of it's life to one that is 2 years old. It would be an issue if the Switch was selling less than the 6 year old PS4.

It’s literally discontinued. Only Japan still has stock

How you can still argue over this trite shit is beyond me.
The PS4 sold extremely well.
The Switch is selling extremely well right now.

That's it, end of story, nothing to argue.

Almost like the ps4 isn't older than the switch and people who wanted it bought it way back

And mainline Pokemon and the $199 Switch isn't even out yet. Shits about to go nuclear.

The Shitch will flop in 2020! J-Just you wait and see!

Attached: 1562751109808.jpg (255x266, 24K)

I love how people are conveniently ignoring that Nintendo forecasted to sell 20 million consoles by the end of the fiscal year but lowered their forecast sales to 17 million and yet they sold less than that. In the year of Pokemon, Smash, and Mario.

>which is also the cheapest of all systems
No it isn't

>implying those aren't great numbers for a six year old console that everyone and their mom already owns

>sales threads deleted on sight from 2013-2017 as PS4 kills it worldwide for 4 years straight
>suddenly nintendo isn't being massacred
>suddenly sales threads are okay according to mods, and multiple ones are up at once at times
Funny isn't it.

Attached: ews.jpg (1000x651, 99K)

Bingo. Sony also has gone full retard the moment the Switch took off. Look back, most of the stupid decisions they made were made when the Switch started kicking their ass, especially in Japan.

Pokemon and Mario where mediocre, and all of their other other first party games were delayed. Plus 20 million was ridiculously optimistic.

Yeah nobody knows why Nintendo would forecast such an absurd number. It would have literally been the fastest selling console worldwide at 2 years ever if it hit that number

Sony boys are conspiracy theorists now? OH how the mighty hath fallen.

Attached: just.jpg (301x230, 23K)

>a handheld
A market only Nintendo is able to see success in now that we're in the age of smartphones. And the 3DS, while still successful, has the weakest sales of all the Nintendo handhelds.
>cheapest
If you're comparing it to a PS4 pro and Xbox One X, which the majority of people don't buy. A switch is the same price as a 1 tb PS4 new bundled with a game. And a new xbox one is $200 or less.

This is so creepy looking. What is it?

Why is it always the snoys who complain that they are mistreated?

>Sold

As in past tense bruh. PS4 is selling like shit right now.

Eyes Wide Shut you mongoloid.

Not me.

The PS4 is 6 years old.
BTW it outsold the Switch worldwide the past two years.

PS4 is like the 3DS in its twilight years, everyone and their grandmother has already bought one. It's just consumer saturation.

>persona 5 will come to switch!
>ps4 lost an exclusive!
>etc threads made ALL december up to P5R announcement
>could be 3 up at once all 500 posts, mods don't budge
>P5R is a PS4 game
>mods IMMEDIATELY delete any persona thread the whole day
Yeah, who knows where the mindset comes from.

Attached: clintons.jpg (640x480, 24K)

>A market only Nintendo is able to see success in now that we're in the age of smartphones
Weren't you guys saying the Switch would fail because of smartphones? Now smartphones aren't considered viable competition. The narrative keeps changing

Sony fans have a huge victim complex.

But Switch sales are below 3DS and 3DS sales were below NDS.

>Bu-bu-bu-bu PS4 outsold Switch in Uganda.

LMAO. Only the big markets matter sweetie.

Attached: omg.png (1380x720, 617K)

They had like 6 years on top due to lack of choices then go smug and comfortable
With some actual competition gunning for them they don’t know what to do considering they went uncontested for so long

>>P5R is a PS4 game
Don't you mean a PS3 port?

Just like Smash

>But Switch sales are below 3DS
No they aren't

end of life

only a retard would buy a console at this point, especially when next gen is confirmed backwards compatible

Ah yes, that game that outsold P5 lifetime in 3 hours

We don't appreciate facts around here, especially when they don't fit our bias.

Like 49/50 switch games?

nice head canon

PS4: 100 million sold
Switch: 34 million sold

pathetic.

That’s because gaming smartphones have some big issues:
Heat, lack of physical buttons, lack of physical games and price

The switch being a “console” isn’t afriad of slapping in small fan, have some game on carts, give you controller and say go to town.

Phones might have the edge spec wise but that doesn’t really matter when it costs 1000$, overheats within minutes, everything is digital only and doesn’t even come with a controller

I don’t see phones replacing dedicated devices because handhelds are far cheaper than iPhones

More like 2 weeks before the game even came out lol

49/50 Switch games are PS3 ports?

Attached: 1550068468755.png (1440x864, 123K)

Wouldn't surprise me.

That's just Japan. Switch is on a much faster pace than 3DS world wide

Two things I'm dreading are:
>Official reveal of the PS5
>PS4 officially surpassing 100M units
Both will happen by the end of 2019, and I know browsing here everyday after will be non-stop shitpost after shitpost.

Damn, why does the PS4 make nintensharts seethe so hard?

Imagine living your life constantly thinking about and being angry at a fucking console.

Don't sorry, nintensoi mods will be hard at work deleting any pro-sony sales threads if that happens. Only pro-nintendo sales threads are allowed :^)

>japan doesn't matter
Typical. Where's your Japan loves handheld instead of mobile argument now?

No need, the PS4 is getting obliterated harder than a snoyfan anus at Pride.

But the ps4 is the best selling console of this gen. Are you okay user?

Who are you quoting?

Heh. Sounds like you're projecting, geimen.

Why do you get angry when threads full of nothing but wojaks, goldface, and all caps cultist chanting get deleted?

Used to be*, my homo milk loving faggot retard friend. Enjoy 5 years of Nintendomination.

I wonder what hurts you the most, Trump or Nintendo record breaking success?

So you're saying the switch has sold more than 96 million?
Could you link me to your source?

Im saying that Nintendo sells much faster than Sony, the favored brand of niggers and faggot. You just have a 4 year headstart that will keep diminishing like your immune system, dumb fucking pozzed niggerscumfucker

PS4 is like Skrillex. Was always shit, was always a edgy fag, blew up for some unknown reason, and now no one cares.

Attached: skrillex_hero_634966900.jpg (1986x1100, 153K)

>NPD
That is the US only tho

see

That post literally states it's US only