If you don't emulate BotW, you're playing it wrong

If you don't emulate BotW, you're playing it wrong.

Attached: botw.jpg (2560x2880, 3.22M)

Other urls found in this thread:

pcpartpicker.com/list/nzMnYT
youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Wii U emulation struggles on my i9 and 2080ti

Man, when the hell are they ever going to make a zelda with current gen tech? Like imagine Zelda on the ps5... it would look so fucking good

Instead we get it on a slightly better wii. Shit sucks.

I couldn't get motion controls to work in cemu which kinda killed it for me

I play it fine on my i7 2080ti in 4k60. You actually have to let a shader cache build up before you can play it without lag. Just look for some prebuild caches and enjoy.

wtf? How? Is your RAM not up to snuff?

I'll pass
Unfortunately, I am a straight male without any issues with my body size and physical ability.

God damn I need to do this, hopefully these aren’t shooped

how? are you retarded?

Elaborate, fuckboy

post boipucci

The definitive version

should've gone with ayymd

16gb
My build is this but with a 9900k
pcpartpicker.com/list/nzMnYT

>tfw Cemu runs pretty good until it starts loading shades and then it becomes a stuttering mess.

the game doesnt really look like this, it's either a custom shader or slight photoshop work. CEMU comes close, though.

Nintendo is a JOKE!

Dude how could you play without the soulful fog filter?

I mean the game already looks good to me already. But holy shit...

You need to tweak your settings. When using a 3570k and a 980, I was able to get 1080p/30 easily and have the game look nice.

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2017.12.16 - 12.16.54.06.png (1920x1080, 3.78M)

No shit, sherlock.

Keep watsing, Diggon.

Horizon looks better

if botw 2 really keeps the same graphics then it will be much easier to emulate

somethings wrong with your rig.

t: just got off playing BotW on an Intel i5 -8250U, 8GB DDR4 and MX150 2GB.

900p, FXAA, 4xAF, Clarity enabled (custom preset), 30fps dynamic.

>have to basically 100% the game to get any sort of classic outfit for link

fire whoever decided this

u mad bro?

I prefer supporting the industry

>he thinks that emulation equals stealing
it must blow your mind to hear that I physically OWN a grand majority of all the games I nowadays emulate on PC. Including BotW.

>have i5 instead of i7
>Wii-U emulator runs like absolute shit as a result

Hopefully Switch emulation kicks off soon.

>i5 2500k
>32gb DDR4 RAM
>8GB 2080 RTX
>can't get game above 20fps, often dipping down into the single digits
>even precached the shaders
>followed two separate optimzation guides on two different version of the emulator

Done fucking with it. I'll wait until Switch emulator releases in 10 years.

Emulation or not the game is very lacking and despite owning it since release I still haven't completed it due to the tedium of the gameplay, the lack of variety of the enemies, the empty world and no real plot or soundtrack. Playing it on PC doesn't automatically make it good simply because you're looking to justify your PC's power that you waste mainly on Yea Forums.

First of all, I got i7 2600K, 16gigs DDR3 and GTX 1060 6gb.
I get STEADY 60fps at 1080p in BotW, AA and AF enabled, Shadows at 2x res. What the FUCK are you doing ??

Or, rather, what are you NOT doing?
You got FPS++ installed and enabled, correct?
Hell, even my Nvidia GT 1030 laptop gets 30fps at 900p!

Attached: botw settings 2019.jpg (1292x884, 182K)

I've done all that shit. I've followed 2 guides that used two different versions of the emulator, precached shaders, used FPS++, and it runs like stuttery ass.

I sincerely couldn't tell you what more I could or couldn't be doing wrong or right. I gave up after spending a few hours a day over the course of 3 days tinkering with it trying to get it to work.

does it make exploration actually worthwhile by replacing it with something other than Korok seeds or weapons that break in 10 hits?
does it create enemy variety?
does it make quests better than simple fetch jobs?

Attached: 1537027239642.png (658x569, 501K)

You're doing it wrong, and there already is a Switch emulator. CEMU still runs BotW way better.

Nah, you're just imaginationless ADHD fag. Got a sweet 220h of enjoyment out of my 1st playthru alone. I've not even touched DLC yet.

May as well give it one more shot. Which version of Cemu you running? Do you mind sharing your config settings super quick? If you followed a guide, you can just link it.

>Got a sweet 220h of enjoyment out of my 1st playthru alone
That just makes you a braindead fanboy that will play anything with "Zelda" on it.

>emus still can't get the color values right
>fog and mist effects are nonexistent
>the result looks like a Gamecube game
Bayonetta 2 runs flawlessly at 60 fps on my mid-range PC, what's holding BotW emulation back, exactly? I told myself I'd emulate BotW when they got it running properly and two years after launch it still looks like shit.

Attached: is that it.gif (268x300, 697K)

yes

Attached: CEMU 2018.12.20 - 23.16.38.22.webm (882x500, 2.78M)

It looks like someone took the game and put a shitty instagram filter over it

I want to be able to play BOTW again, but there are issues here and there that prevent me from wanting to go back.

>my utter hatred of waifu trash like Zelda
>lack of difficulty (which master mode didn't fix)
>game gives you too many crutches that make combat too easy (and without them it just becomes monotonous, whacking away at them for a long time)
>bosses are underwhelming

IMO I'd rather just play other games.

>people aren't allowed to find enjoyment in something you personally were unable to

Keep living a bitter, hollow life.

NINTENDO

Is there a mod or fix that increases weapon durability? I know it's supposed to be a part of the game, but it outright ruins it for me. I find weapons I like (aesthetic, style), and they're gone like that. It's annoying as fuck.

Yuzu BOTW vs Cemu BOTW? I imagine Yuzu will eventually be the better option but which one is better right now?

Of course they are however you just did:
>people aren't allowed to not find enjoyment in something I personally was able to
And took a shit on me for it, so it's hypocritical to give me shit now.

Why prebuild caches crash on the start loading bar no matter which one i use? halp

Except botw2 isnt gonna be on the wii u, so it won't

So get a prebuilt one you autistic moron. fuckoff

Because if Zelda were developed for PS5, it would just end up being HZD, that’s what that game basically is

Get a complete shadercache you fuckwit.
And watch BSoDs latest setup guide.
You're clearly doing something wrong.

>not realizing that graphics arms race is why a game that looks like Zelda would never be made for current gen consoles
You’re closest bet is Gods and Monsters

switch emulation is coming slowly

You can either get graphics or cool technology. No studio has the budget/time to do both.
youtube.com/watch?v=aVPXKdSEGNQ

bullshit, i play at 4k with unlocked framerate on a 4690 and a 970.
fuck off roleplayer

I love Kass!

Attached: 168.jpg (3840x2160, 383K)

>not portable

Attached: 1559518530675.gif (372x408, 166K)

Guerilla games could do it they just didn't have the time for it. They didn't get to have more than 2 years of full production where zelda had like 4+ years.

cause you didn't installed shader chaches

Time is the same as budget
You can focus many man years into a shorter span of time by hiring more people
HZD has a larger budget than BOTW for sure

>HZD has a larger budget than BOTW for sure
What makes you say that? And also no you can't compare manhours to real-time directly like that.

If you’re playing it emulated you’re not really playing it. Emu version feels off. Probably all those hacks going on in the background to make it work, something’s gotta give. Makes nice screenshots I suppose.

>HZD has a larger budget than BOTW for sure
That’s not for sure. Nintendo doesn’t disclose budgets but Skyward Sword had a “AAA” budget and was apparently more expensive to make than Skyrim. And they lost money on it

More development time means more paychecks to pay with no product delivered. It is not that they don't have the technical skill to do it, but no publisher/shareholders want to pump money into making physics tech stuff when graphics is what sells games.
I think that stuff in BotW only happened because of the franchise name, so they did not need much promotional material (where graphics are at their most important in the business) to sell it.

No I mean we should expect to see more of that stuff for HZD2. With HZD1 they had to make everything from scratch. This is also why they patched in some effects after launch and added stuff in the expansion.

I have 8gb ram so I can't play it

Nintendo stated that BOTW only needed to sell 2 million copies to break even and was Nintendo’s most expensive game to date. Even if this represents only the development budget with no advertising campaign costs, it suggests BOTW only cost about $120 million to develop
That’s at the low end of AAA budgets
I’d say HZD likely had a larger budget given that it looked better and came out in half the time, indicative of a considerably larger dev team

How many lost sales have happened for Breath of the Wild since there is a 0.0% chance everyone who plays the bootleg version bought it?

I would, but it's just too complicated to do it. I'll wait and try again in 12 years, they should have it simplified by then.

>tfw the Zelda conversion mod will never be done
>tfw the Linkle mod looks like weird inbred deformed shit, but is done

Its possible to play with only 8gb of ram, i did it.

Add this to the gameProfile: accurateShaderMul = min

do you use an nvidia or amd gpu?

I mean
That's untrue, by definition

But it *does* look damn good. You do you

Nvidia, i used to play the game with a gtx 760, now i have a 1050.

>costs 5000$
Not worth it. Spent 250 for Bloodborne, enjoyed the game like a motherfucker, but I'm still not sure if it was worth it.

why do your shaders look so shit?

Attached: CEMU Screenshot 2018.06.07 - 06.09.12.11.png (1920x1080, 3.91M)

did you had problems running the game before adding this line?
I can't try right now because I don't have the game installed anymore, but when I played with the default settings my ram was 99% used and it was unplayable with lots of freezes

Yes, the freezes are caused by shaders being generated, but after the freeze happens it caches the shader so it freeze again when using the shader it generated.

The line that i gave you really helped me with reducing the ram usage, my current shader cache has like more than 3000 shaders and my ram isnt maxed out. Without it would max my ram at around 2000 shader.

I finished the game on wiiu and cemu, that line only causes some minor visuals issues, like the light of the bike being innacurate but its not too bad.

ok thanks, I'll download the game again to see if this works

I made a mistake with that post, i meant the game wont freeze again after loading a shader that was generated.

Because they upped the saturation and called it a day.

They look awful, why do so many cemufags have atrocious taste in shaderpacks?

post your number of
>korok seeds
>shrines
>hour played
>times fapped to zelda's butt

you're right actually, HZD apparently had a 47 million euro budget.
that's honestly really impressive, that means HZD is technically an AA budget title

>>korok seeds
>>shrines
>>hour played
>>times fapped to zelda's butt
0 All the art of it is either poorly drawn shit with bad anatomy by ironic weeaboos or low effort SFM.

is anyone playing this on a 3600?

the 2 million number is from some japanese speaking guy whose dad works at nintendo. It's nto actually from reggie or nintendo themselves at all.
We actually have no idea how much it cost or how much it needed to make to break even.
We could do some guesstimation though.
Average japanese game dev makes about $60,000 a year, let's say Nintendo does a bit better and pays its devs an average of $70,000.
The staff on BOTW was about 300, and they were in development for 4 years. That means you have 1200 * 70,000. That's about $84 million

I did, link sank through the ground every time he stood still tho

>2500k
>DDR4
>2080

your system is fucked and you're retarded

Probably the same people who use those atrocious ENBs.

I play it in 60fps 1080p on my GTX1080 and i7 7700K, so that's a big, fat lie.

Attached: Mornings.webm (620x349, 2.67M)

Does Yuzu even run it yet?

>I imagine Yuzu will eventually be the better option
No

Yeah, I'm getting locked 4k60fps with drawsync disabled.

Just beat it yesterday and started again on master mode
Why is it so good?

Attached: 1562679619865_0.jpg (683x700, 176K)

Taking off the bleach filter is not shit. It's a vast improvement over that washed-out garbage you posted.

Firstly, it's not a filter it's how the game's lighting looks. Secondly, I did use a shaderpack in that image and it looks far better than this eye cancer

What did you use?

cool. i was gonna get a 3600 in a few weeks

It looks no different from the switch version. That's not a good thing.

Cemu users use a shitload of modules to make the game look better yet you're the only one who wants it to look as bland as possible.

Attached: oRdHDZO.jpg (3092x1339, 438K)

I customized one of them myself, unfortunately I don't remember what I used. I do remember forcibly increasing the LoD distance as well, though, via tinkering with gpu settings. When I get back on my pc I'll let you know what shaderpack/settings I used
So you're blind and retarded, got it.

>I customized one of them myself
Maybe you shouldn't have? They don't seem to be any different from default botw.

The only good thing about the right is the greens being greener.

It legitimately looks like shit, mate.

Blind

Samefag

Alrighty. Still looks like shit though.

Attached: Capture.jpg (318x192, 8K)

If you unironically believe looks better than you have trash taste that isn't worth discussing

Just use amiibos bro

Everything's much clearer, that's for sure.

Can I play at 4:3

You sicken me

Shall I bleach myself to better suit your palate?

After spending all that money getting high end PC parts, HOPING it'll run smooth. You'd be better off just buying the game, the console, and tons of cocaine.

Retard

It shares a lot in common with immersive sims and the old hitman games actually
Its a game built on top of systems and objectives rather than keys and locks.
The systems of the game interact with each other and even your Sheikah Slate abilities are just manipulations of the systems rather than new systems in of themselves.

Maybe obscure myself under a haze of fog? Work with me here.

How? I'm going to play it, but I want best experience.

You're making yourself look more clueless each post

Kill yourself homosexual.

I'll just stay as switch default then.
:^)

You mean wii u default
>INB4 you claim to have been merely pretending this entire time

At least you finally admit it was just default.

Except it's not

I know we're not discussing this right now, but when I realized that every reward for any sidequest was always going to be a shrine I lost interest in the game almost immediately. There's only a handful of items and encounters which actually feel rewarding, and the shrines themselves almost all look the same so it doesn't really feel all that interesting to discover new ones. I hope in the new game they vary up the reward system a lot more.

I miss the days where finding a chest was exciting because it could be a new item, bottle or gizmo that would open up a whole new layer of gameplay.

getting a new bottle really was a good feeling

Is there a way to extend render distance yet? Hate seeing the grass pop in.

Not necessarily. i9 has a lot of issues.

I'm the same as you but with a 6700K though.

My CPU sucks but I've got a decent card and 16GB, I don't suppose I'd be able to run it?

I liked the puzzles inside the shrines the first time around (even the second time in hard mode since I could breeze through them faster) but if you like Zelda in general you should be fond of its puzzles, and shrines had at least two chests guaranteed so I think they were neat, but you're right they're all same looking and you end up knowing what to expect, hopefully the sequel takes shrines and put them together into a few full fledged dungeons/temples that you discover (aside the divine beasts)

Yes

Mind posting a link or something? Everything I find say it's not possible.

Whats the cpu

i5 2500k

There is a graphicspack for improved LoD as well as being able to manually for it via gpu settings

Damn this looks good. I remember you use to have to turn off the grass, but I'm almost done with my playthrough so I'm not so sure there is a point to emulating it now even if it looks that much better.

Also no Linkle modpack for why?