Why is he hailed as some sort of genius? minus MGS2 all his games are "dude just turn your brain off lmao"

why is he hailed as some sort of genius? minus MGS2 all his games are "dude just turn your brain off lmao"

Attached: le funny glasses man.jpg (1280x720, 157K)

>why is he hailed as some sort of genius?
Yeah, I'm sure the place that constantly shits on him will give you an objective answer to your question and not just join you in a circle jerk where you all pat each others back, repeating your god awful opinions over and over again while the outside world still laughs at them.

He made a "cinematic masterpiece" and called it a movie at a time when games were still seen as nerdy kid hobbies

That's literally it - it's just down to him saying he's a director instead of "I write shitstories for videogamesandthink they're movies"

this.

Anyone who couldn't make it big writing novels or movie scripts went to write for video games.

he's good at telling an entertaining story while still having engaging gameplay even though there's not a lot. I can't remember anything about tlou or nugow but I remember everything in metal gear

Because he managed to infiltrate the inside of your head and make a permanent nest in it, now he lives there rent free and forces you to make threads about him 24/7

what's baffling is that he's been taken seriously by hollywood now. I wonder if del taco, refn or mikkelsen played any MGS games

MGS1 was his only good game

MASTER MILLER?!?!?!?!?

Del Toro loves MGS. The microwave hallway in MGS4 made him cry.

Kojima's iconic smirk in all his pics, I just can't take it seriously. I'm sure he believes he's crafting this deep mysterious writer vibe, but he just comes off as some old guy trying to be a visionary while dressing like he's in college.

Doki doki literature club is literally only popular because of what he did in gaming.

At least his games are unique, and not just another fucking Call of Duty story.

why is MGS2 hailed as some underrated masterpiece on Yea Forums while it's labeled as one of the weakes Metal Gear games everywhere else on the planet? it is just Yea Forums's contrarianism?

most normalfags have never played a metal gear game besides 5, they think it's an amazing game and praise kojima just to stick it to konami because some e-celeb told them too.

is there anything more brainlet than itnerpreting accepting the unreality of a fictional setting as 'dood turn yur brane off lolllll'
same type of people that suck steam dick while crying about epic store exclusives

>dude nanomachines lmao

dude vocal chord parasites lmao

>MGS2
>genius

wat

learn to read

>Game's entire message about memes and media control is rendered null and void by Snake saying that nothing matters so long as we have faith

Sony and game journalists want vidya to be respected as film, so they raise up kojima and start calling him a revolutionary because if you just get enough people spewing it, normies will think it’s true. I like MGS but all the attention he gets, all the actors and film directors he takes pictures with, that panel on storytelling he did with refn, it’s way more than he’s actually worth

>minus MGS2
Absolutely patrician

No idea, but anyone who posts pictures of themselves online every single day is an annoying narcissist.

Attached: 5fd262e3615660efc42d30f55b968dc3f84aaf84r1-640-603v2_uhq.png (640x603, 558K)

Putting “directed and produced by hideo kojima” every time you jump off the helicopter to do a shitty fetch quest in MGSV is a sign of an annoying narcissist

He likes boobies and Yea Forums is all underage children who just play fanservice games and shit on everything else for 'being cucked sjw shit dilate tranny'

That sounds stupid as hell, but I've never played a game this person was involved with so I wouldn't know personally.

Attached: 1560691829813.jpg (700x700, 196K)

so much cope in this thread

Attached: 1563757218223.jpg (228x221, 11K)

>Snatcher is "dude just turn your brain off lmao"
>Policenauts is "dude just turn your brain off lmao"
stop

Revolutionized the stealth genre with MG1, MG2, and MGS1.
Made military-grade kino with MG2, MGS1, MGS2, and MGS3. Kojima gained more clout than any other developer in the industry with those games.

>>Game's entire message about memes and media control is rendered null and void by Snake saying that nothing matters so long as we have faith

and by the fact that the "character" telling you that message is a lying piece of shit

Snatcher is a mix of blade runner + terminator without any new elements. Policenauts is lethal weapon on space

SO GENIUS

I recognize that autist! Could make a bingo with MGS threads

What? Are you telling me that everything is derived from something?! THIS CANT BE

>Revolutionized the stealth genre with MG1, MG2
you mean castle wolfenstein?
>and MGS1
you mean thief?
it's one thing to have inspirations and another to be straight up plagiarizing. japs got away with so much stuff in the 80s and 90s, it's unreal

>click menu option to proceed story
Look at me, I'm the Gary Kasparov of vidya.

>its plagiarizing because I dont like it!
but when you like it, its inspiration

That's the whole idea.

no, it's plagiarizing, for fuck sakes just because you're a fanboy doesn't mean you have to excuse the inexcusable. even tarantino fags admit he straight up steals from other movies, and kojima was worse at that respect.
>tribute/inspiration
MGS3 with james bond and cold war imaginery
>plagiarism
snatcher and policenauts

Attached: totally not sean connery.jpg (635x449, 85K)

WOW KOJIMA PLAGIARIZED SEAN CONNERY, THAT COMPLETELY INVALIDATES EVERYTHING. Most Metal Gear characters are inspired by likeness of actors and celebrities.

>That's the whole idea.

that people should not give a flying fuck about the final speech due to the speaker?

Then I guess most MGS2 fans on Yea Forums are NPCs who can't think for themselves

"inspired" by being completely the same. kojima has no fucking ideas of his own, he's like a fucking kid, "I liked scene from this movie! I'm gonna include it in my next game". even the good moments of MGS2 have been probably stolen from some book or something.

by the time death stranding gets released you won't be defending him anymore. how many busts in a row does he need for people to start seeing the reality?

You are a fucking dumbass, its like I said. It only counts as plagiarizing because you dont like it.
>by the time death stranding gets released you won't be defending him anymore. how many busts in a row does he need for people to start seeing the reality?
People say that with every entry, keep seething.

>It only counts as plagiarizing because you dont like it.
it only counts as inspiration because you like it

Or maybe you should learn what plagiarizing is idiot

>try to make deep political movie games with zero gameplay
>someone calls them out
>"UHH DUDE JUST TURN YOUR BRAIN OFF DON'T CRITICIZE IT, PLEASE.I NEED TO VALIDATE MY ENJOYMENT OF VIDEO GAMES WITH DEEP ARTSY CRAP"

Attached: 4h2pdxwa3ftz.gif (500x640, 2.97M)

it's literally plagiarism. i'm a fan of snatcher and policenauts but those games are verbatim plagiarized from his source material. he even got sued over music in mgs2 and had to contact john carpenter to cover his ass over solid snake being a rip of snake pliskin.

Russians creates meme: Kojima - genius!
Everyone else: Oh wow so true!

you faggots didnt use stealth to not kill every one didnt you

underrated fpbp

I like Snatcher, but honestly it is just anime Blade Runner. Hell it even has a Rutger Hauer stand-in (though he looks more like Gordon Sumner in Dune for some reason)