Smash will close out EVO

twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1153323251906465793

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1563809290728.png (1032x902, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/bethesda_has_spoken_to_nintendo_about_smash_bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
youtube.com/watch?v=_mTM-3YCOro
youtu.be/q3qnLOWV8ac?t=1236
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1146127463300210688
youtube.com/watch?v=yCCFUO1cepM
twitter.com/WydD/status/1149103986823389184
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Attached: isleep.jpg (600x537, 38K)

>most copies sold
>most entrants
>going to get the most views
Can SMASHCHADS ever stop winning?

Smash is such a boring platform brawler, I honestly don't know how anyone can watch it for any length of time.

Attached: 1558518880247.png (1025x1028, 1.46M)

If it kills Muhlee once and for all I'm all for it.

>now we don't have to wait for long ass boring ass smash sets to see the games we wanna see
excellent honestly

What a time to be alive

>Smash Ultimate is so good that it not only usurped Melee's throne, but actually is the best fighting game of all time

Fucking BASED

Attached: exploding knees.png (288x600, 229K)

this

Good, that means I wont have to stay up late

And it will have the most viewers too :)

It's fun, plus there's tons of weird shit you can do and see.

It’s not fun to watch

half of those entrants are gonna be no shows

Dunno what to tell you, I enjoy it.

>game with the most participants is the last one
Watching pools will be one hell of a ride. But will they stream those?

Zoomers so mad about melee why?

Oh thank God, now I can go to bed early

and wake up for Ultimate. *dabs*

Attached: 1532498808802.png (600x388, 86K)

This is it, guys!
Just a few weeks til she's announced! I can feel it, this is our time!

Attached: 1557719865238.png (1024x1296, 1.32M)

seething Smash haters

Attached: 1551555601166.jpg (250x250, 6K)

Usually but on side streams and such

if you don't like it, just don't watch it. not that hard.

Thats what i keep hearing but is there any truth to it? Don't they have to pay an entree fee?

A smart move, that way they can fumigate after it ends.

At what time does the last game usually start

Because it has nothing left to offer both from the player perspective and from the viewer perspective. The game has been labbed to death so ever match is something we've seen a dozen times over now. Tiers are locked in and will never see any shifts or upsets ever again, not to mention the game is so unbalanced for competitive play that you literally don't stand a chance unless you choose one of the 6 top tiers which means we only ever see that same matchups over and over and over again and regardless of who pulls out the win, the overall match still progresses the same way.

It's still a fun game casually/semi-competitively but the competitive scene for it is beyond stagnant.

Let's also not forget that Melee players have a history of elitist attitudes cause a rift in the Smash fanbase as well spoiled shitty behavior at EVO whenever they aren't given 5 start treatment. They can't accept that they aren't the start of the show anymore and throw fits when they can't get the timeslot they want, the organizers don't want to give them Bo5 for every single match, or there aren't enough cumbersome CRTs available because nobody wants to transport them. They expect to be treated like kings when viewership is dying off or gravitating to Smash4 and now Ultimate and the playerbase is now in the minority. It's a case of the playerbase souring the experience of the game itself.

>don't have to stay up late to watch the good games, like SamSho, SFV, and Tekken
Best timeline.

Attached: 1563764569499.jpg (2560x2160, 387K)

Seething FGCucks mad about best game

>SFV
>good

Have you been paying any attention to Melee recently? Both Captain Falcon and Pikachu won majors in the last couple of months, something never seen before.

If you are going to make the "melee is stale" argument, at least wait a couple of months after historical results have happened.

Remember when Yoshi won a tournament and how long that lasted?

yoshi never won a major, quit talking out of your ass

>no, you are wrong, stop enjoying things!

What game isn't Sonicfox'd?

The games he isn't competing in?

anything that isn't NRShit or DBFZ

Everything, but MK11, DBFZ, and SC6

>most views
should we tell him?

better than tekken desu.

Any actually high skill ceiling fighter? What a dumb fucking question. All the fighters he competes in are absolute bottom of the barrel garbage. I have no clue why there's so much push behind this faggot. There's black guys in other fighters with 10 times his skill and talent that don't get a fraction of the recognition. Guess they're not degenerate enough for the lefty crowd.

SFV is not better.

sonicfox doesn't dominate SC6, he isn't even top 5 or even 10 at this point. Linkorz is the current top player

because uncle aris told them to

why does the FGC make smashplayers seethe so much? Its literally the most popular game and it's even finishing evo, so why all the continued salt?

isn't mk11 the only one he's competitive in? dbfz he's fallen off and he was never great at sc6

I just put what he is entering at in EVO. He got btfo in SC6

>tfw it's at the end so all the fighting game players can go to bed early and not have to deal with however many hours of mario's bouncy castle

Attached: 1537617087893.jpg (1080x1331, 85K)

Oh good, means I don't have to watch till the end. Thanks EVO schedulers for not making me have to wait through stinky party game time!

finally I don't have to watch sfv at like 3 am

STOP LAUGHING AT MY TOTALLY SERIOUS FIGHTING GAME ITS NOT FUNNY!!!

Attached: 1516667090382.jpg (1200x800, 112K)

absolutely is.

smash players suddenly acting as if SF fans didnt fucking hate the last timeslot with its retarded delays THANKS TO SMASH PLAYERS

Attached: 1557830942367.png (133x141, 10K)

In what way? The "BUTTON MASHING" argument doesn't count.

I'm 33.
Melee should stay dead.

predictions?

Attached: 1562151306780.jpg (1024x768, 132K)

most ways, like even something as fundamental as character archetypes. tekken is so shitty and limited that it would NEVER work with characters like Dhalsim or Rashid.

>clock hits midnight
>Mr. Wizard flips the switch and turns off Mandalay Bay
>Smashies slosh around in their seat, diaper full of mindgames
>"EXCUSE ME, WE STILL 6 HOURS OF SETS TO GET THROUGH"

A shame SamSho will be really boring since the meta consist of like 3 chars

so

here's where you should make a counterargument.
you never hear tekken faggots actually talk about gameplay though.

by all means enjoy your samey game with shit movement that you most likely dont even play you shitty aris sub.

>Naming two of the most hated characters in game
And yet Akuma and Geese are in Tekken 7. Two fuckers from 2D games. What else do you have to fling shit at?

Tekken has character archetypes though. Tell me how someone like Steve plays anywhere similar to Ling or Paul.

I'm watching BBTAG because they're suppose to be showing the sixth fate this EVO and because matches go fast, I wanna see who gets fucked so badly they end up broken like this poor son of a bitch

Attached: Wasted.webm (768x432, 2.89M)

Not him, but character archetypes like zoners don't work because of the 3d nature of the game. Projectiles tend to be steppable to the sides. It's entirely a different style of game from SF and that's fine if you don't like it; but I think character archetypes specific to 2d or 3d isn't a good way to argue which game is better to begin with.

>going to an esports event to die of dehydration
Big oof from me familia

i wonder if they're gonna make more arcana heart characters, or if arcsys is just gonna show the sixth fate character and then kill off the game after that.

>no more delays due to smash

Attached: 1562103289383.png (738x499, 394K)

akuma and geese are also extremely basic 2D characters lmao

they are all midrange characters that fish for counterhits like all tekken characters.

wrong. zoners work in 3D and soul calibur is proof of it. seoung minas keepaway game is really strong. 3D games can also utilize horizontal projectiles which funny enough POKKEN does but also soul calibur with characters like Algol.
tekken is a samey mess where all the action always plays out at the except same ranges and tekken faggots never played another fighting game in their lives.

Makes sense, Smash is by far the most popular fighting game out there right now and it is simply a better game than something like SFV.

How?

If KOG goes shit is gonna get wacky. I wanna see him go against Yuzu/Mitsuru.

I literally play Seong Mina and I don't know how you could even use her as an example as a zoner. Even in SF having long normals doesn't count as zoning. I played Vega in SF4 and what I was doing with long normals wasn't "zoning" it was more along the line of footsies.

Attached: 1534964759911.gif (300x168, 285K)

Tfw smashers think there will be another character trailer at EVO

Attached: Meleeplayerblownoutbyanime.webm (346x192, 2.98M)

>Steve, Ling, and PAUL
>Mid range characters
You have no idea what you are talking about. Paul is not looking for counter-hits, and Ling is looking to crush your moves, and kill you with her many setups.

zoning is literally space control. not all zoning is fireball zoning.

because despite all the popularity they'll always be looked down upon for not understanding traditional fighting games. When they try to act elitist they look foolish in the process, they just don't have the knowledge or self-awareness to properly talk about anything in the FGC outside smash itself. So they just cope by talking about smash's popularity, and then the core fgc makes fun of them more its an endless cycle.

Don't even hate smash but this seems like a good result for everyone honestly.

ultimate > tekken > SFV > MK11 > DBFZ > SCVI > Samsho > UNIST > BBtag

I just pop in and say something inflammatory to make retards like write longwinded seething messages about it

Yes but that can be flipped around too. Not all space control is zoning or the definition would be too broad. Usually zoning is referred to as keep away in some way and space control with normals are referred to as footsies. Otherwise any type of space control whatsoever could be referred to as zoning whether it be close or far. Seon Mina was never about constant keep away, but about excelling at mid range via knowing all your move lengths just how you would using normals in SF.

>longwinded
more seething and more cope. Loving every laugh

Attached: 1555344187417.gif (498x372, 723K)

I remember when Melee wasn't announced to be at EVO, and all of the Meleefags begged the Ultimate players to boycott EVO in protest. Considering how hostile Meleefags usually were to Smash 4 and are to Ultimate, that was fucking hilarious.

the game before last always gets the most views

cus you're a disgusting sonygro

Attached: 1516004397439.jpg (988x1059, 159K)

you forgot
>highest rated

absolutly not true

Attached: pepe smoke.png (888x894, 520K)

This never happened. Absolute delusion

They're announcing a fighter, right?

and on top of that, that definition would also mean characters controlling space in Tekken would mean the archetype exists and destroys your original argument. there is definitely space control in Tekken and certain characters that excel in it, just not characters that do so in a way that a character like Dhalsim would.

zoning is usually defined as a space based keepaway style.
many characters do it without fireballs like dhalsim or samsho earthquake.
they mostly do it by using heavy recovery tools that expose them if the opponent gets a read on them. getting jumped on after pressing a 30 frame recovery keepaway fireball or normal is essentially the same.
and yes footsies are a part of zoning. but many characters have to participate in that phase of gameplay despite not having that as their primary gameplan. you might try to counterhit my longass limbs but I'm the one being the zoner there.

They announced 2 a month ago and neither have even come out yet. There's 0 chance of a smash character

why not? they have the biggest pull and biggest numbers

Most of the Melee hate is from 30 year old boomers. Primarily because it's a complete joke of a competative game, yet it's fanbase has always pretended it's far more high skill than anything else. Other fighting games' fans have at least gotten along fine with games, but for meleefags it's melee or death, and any minor difference or change is automatically bad because it's not melee.

That's very true. Alot of smashes popularity comes from the Nintendo ip's also. Plus Nintendo adds awesome value to their game for the base cost. And it's easy to pick up and fuck with and is a great causal game.

I play it from time to time but I prefer tekken street fighter and ki

no, next one is doomguy at quakecon given the evidence

reminder Max said SCVI is the most entertaining fighting game to watch right now

It's not Doomguy.

>looking forward to watching most of the games except MK11 and BBTAG
What're you Anons gonna be watching? Any announcements you guys wanna see?

Attached: 1535539145233.jpg (1065x1344, 1.23M)

>can go to sleep early
Fucking BASED, thanks Mr Wiz.

>most entrants
>also most likely to go over time
>putting it last earns you some views of people loitering in the stream until it starts
makes sense

no way is unist that low, it's got a playerbase all over that'll watch for sure. Maybe UNIST > Samsho > SCVI > BBTag.

Didn't he give up on playing that game though

I'm REALLY hoping for an update that changes some of the mechanics for Dragon Ball FighterZ. It's the most fun I had with a fighting game in years and seeing it die in a rather fast pace is disheartening to say the least.

Attached: qyQvB06b.jpg (200x200, 12K)

At best there will be an announcement of an direct/stream and that's it. They'll never straight up show new content on anything but their own announced streams.

I actually play smash and I'm still disappointed. Was really hoping Tekken would get the recognition it deserved.

The second highest game entrants was SFV.
Fighting games is in a terrible drought rn.

nintendolife.com/news/2018/09/bethesda_has_spoken_to_nintendo_about_smash_bros_future_nintendo_exclusives_are_possible
>As a final, last-minute question, Hines was then asked about Super Smash Bros., and particularly whether or not Bethesda has spoken to Nintendo about the franchise. His response?

>"Oh yeah."

youtube.com/watch?v=_mTM-3YCOro
38:28
>who knows, maybe some more surprises for nintendo fans

chieffags shaking

Attached: proxy[1].php.jpg (1739x1275, 640K)

>Its literally the most popular game and it's even finishing evo, so why all the continued salt?
alienation and bantz from the core fgc gets them mad. Popularity isn't the only thing that matter's when they can't mix in with the rest of the community.

I haven't played too much of FighterZ aside from the beta they had for Switch and a couple of matches with some friends. What do you wanna see changed exactly? I'm not too familiar with all the mechanics myself.

Attached: 1496969002980.png (300x300, 9K)

If we are at the point where a character winning is historical news that means the game isn’t stale then I think it’s time to stop

game will most definitely get a sequel at some point.

SF3.3 is still played at EVO? No.
Tekken 3? No.
GGAC+? No.
MK9? No.
SoulCalibur 2? No.
BlazBlue CF? No.

It's a fucking heresy to have two games of the same series for an event like this.

>Can stop watching EVO as soon as Smash starts instead of having those autists delay the real events
>this is supposedly bad for me

lmao cope smash faggots

a character winning for the first time in a 20 year old game would be news in literally any competitive game and is quite literally the opposite of stagnant

street fighter is obviously the maingame of the FGC and all the other games got huge gains and massive amounts of entrants.
you're retarded.

>now i can leave early instead of waiting for smash to hurry up
Who else is going?

Smash 4 was the better game it had actual combos compared to Ultimate. Ultimate is also inconsistent as fuck and boring.

none of those games are at evo but none of them are played either. Melee has more than quadruple the amount of current players than all those combined

state your tilt and put a nickel in the jar user.

I’d argue it’s the exception that proves otherwise

>smash 4 had actual combos compared to ultimate
outside of bayonetta instant death ladders, no. Potential strings were also snubbed by the obnoxious airdodge

Attached: scooby.png (499x465, 217K)

>we have more people than any other game REEEEEEEEEEE
And? They have their own fucking events for Melee, like I said, there is no need for two games of the same fucking series in a major like EVO.

I'm hopeful, but would they really come out and say it so bluntly? Also it's fucking Pete Hines, do you really trust his word?

Attached: 1464368516098.png (277x321, 216K)

I would say it's an honor but let's be honest Smash is the only one here that deserves the final bash. At the very least the more Smash waiting rooms the more suspense and hype there will be for Smash

Attached: Mandana Dee.png (832x959, 1.2M)

>And?
EVO is a business, people are the commodity. Do I need to spell out everything?

take my pity (You)

the last spot is too late for max views

finally they put a shit game in it

cope

when has the final game not had the max views?

Every evo?

there was a 1-2 year period when umvc3 was the top dog, but in general the last game is the big headliner

Attached: 1555573318290.gif (478x315, 1.12M)

try only the last one

What would it take to get Zero back to playing Smash?

Melee is not at EVO this year, so your argument is shit, retard.

what are the chances there WON"T be a reveal of one of the last 2 dlc characters at the end of the show?

>literally all nonsmash competitors were voting for smash to close the event so the timing wouldn't get fucked for their game
it's honestly nice the tournament ends early and the party game crowd can get their late night matches

doomyguy will be at quakecon a couple of days prior so there won't be anything

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

who is paying for melee being there?

Everybody hates your stupid garbage even your fellow party gamers

>I can get to sleep early!!! Le epic Smash btfo!!!
How fitting. Children need an earlier bedtime than adults.

Nice revisionism my dude

>Ultimate's first year

>kicks Melee Out

>Has the most entrants

>Gets finals

Attached: 5d556e319a2cf3a7deec836d8d7b4c12.jpg (700x438, 39K)

watching UNIST and Samsho, only thing i'm hoping for is an UNCLR announcement. I might check the end of BBTAG just to see if we get any GG or BB news. my dream announcement would be the announcement of a new mainline Blazblue game, but it seems that series is dead in the water thanks to crosstag.

And that's called playing footsies. People in here have no fucking clue about fighting games. Fucken zoomers

sleeping early is better unless youre NEET or a teenager

pretty high, we just got two announcements recently and will be waiting a while for them to release. don't expect 4 and 5 to be announced before Banjo's release.

>why does the FGC make smashplayers seethe so much?
years of "smash isn't a fighting game" autism will do that. And because of the abuse the FGC lives rent free despite smash being the most popular fighting game.

>not being a neet but still skipping smash anyway

B-B-B-B-B-BUT S-S-S-S-SMASH ISN'T A F-F-F-FIGHTING GAME!!!!
We just keep on winning baby

>Smash last
Thank you, people will be able to go sleep so much early.

Literally this.

You really think Wiz put Smash last because it's better or had more entrants? Get real lmao. I'm glad I don't have to stay up till 2 to watch the games I wanna see on a Sunday.

>look mommy I posted it again!

Is /ourloli/ competing?

Attached: BOCHH'D.png (712x359, 172K)

I'VE BEEN CHEATED

FOR THE LAST TIME

Attached: 1533935397107.png (612x408, 256K)

Zoomers refuse to play games older than they are and become angry when other people do.

>bullying a 15 year old girl was an unspeakable evil a few weeks ago
>now it's ok because she said a bad word once
clown world

forced meme cock sucker

>Any actually high skill ceiling fighter? What a dumb fucking question. A
He plays skull girls though

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO IT'S NOT A FIGHTING GAAAAAAAAME! GRRRAAAAAGGGHHHUUGHHGEHHGHEHH!!!!! STINKY DAY!!!!!!!!!

Attached: 1504722893589.png (400x416, 41K)

No, that was only the case last year because SFV is a fucking shitpile and DBFZ was the hottest new hotness.

I'm feeling it, too. It's happening!

Because there's nothing fucking fun about seeing the same 8 people in top 8 who all use the same 4 fucking characters you fucking autistic boomer.

Fucking please no. I hope they just announce a new SF

Man had Leffen not completely stomped GF those numbers would have been crazy, the stream literally ended before it could naturally peak.

Imagine being so insecure about a game you like you create a boogeyman in your head.

I hope you get hit by a car.

I'm turning 30 this year and i hate meleefags as well. bar none the most obnoxious and cancerous fanbase on the planet.

>Accent Core

if UMvC3 ever got max views it wasn't by a whole lot
I dunno I can't remember a time when SFIV Grand Finals didn't take top views. SFV yeah was kind of a shitshow though.

this guy gets it

>fighting game

I want to kill niggers with that 15 year old

>loli

Attached: 1546927642573.png (1594x840, 94K)

First thing I thought of when I saw this thread. Plus that's like 3-4 hours I get to go to sleep earlier instead of staying up late because smash ran over time AGAIN

does anyone actually like smash autists?

it seems to me like everyone hates them outside their obnoxious autism circle

that's just because the FGC is just as autistic
they pretend they're some united front when it comes to smash, but in reality they're the very same retards bickering with one another
the 2ds vs the 3ds vs the anime fighters and so on

>does anyone actually like smash autists?
No.

they in-fight within those sub groups too
BB vs GG vs UNIST vs DBFZ
SFV vs SamSho
Tekken vs DOA vs SC

Outside of the few capkucks, the FGC have significantly less autistic fucks per capita. Plenty of FG players play multiple games, and don't go parading their game over others- because it's a community. And smash is not a part of the FGC. You can thank the smash a and showerless children for that.

i'm a tekken fag, tell me more about this.

>Smash a
Smash autists*

when's she gonna be in a game again?

Attached: 1550869271324.jpg (984x1348, 599K)

I'm 31, when I was a kid I literally saved up for almost an entire year, from the moment I realized Melee was a thing, so I could buy a GameCube, two controllers, a Memory Card and a copy of Melee the day it came out.

I am fucking estatic Melee is gone from EVO forever, and most likely gone from any non-Smash major again. Wanna know why?
WELL.....
>Meleefags used to crash Brawl and later Smash 4 events just to boo and hiss at people enjoying a Smash game that isn't Melee
>EVO in particular had Meleefags screaming TRASH and GET OFF THE STAGE from the crowd every time a new Smash 4 set started
>back in the day the Meleefags bullied a kid that beat a well known Marth player in the finals of a tournament into giving him his winnings because the tournament allowed a non-meta stage pick, and he didn't win "honorably"
>one of the first years CEO hosted Melee, the Melee winners threw their medals in the dumpster outside of the event as protest because the Melee finals didn't get top billing
>when EVO was brought back, they ran Bo3 to top 32 which caused Meleefags to REEEE because anything less then Bo5 in Top 64 was opression to them
>after that change literally every year Melee went hilariously overtime at EVO
>one year it got so bad they literally forced Guilty Gear out it's own hall for Top 8, fans of it had to watch Grand Finals on some dudes phone
>not to mention the logistical nightmare of keeping 20,000 lbs of CRTs on hand and needing to move them around, plus how hard to find GameCubes and Memory cards for them can be these days
>on top of everything else, this is all for a nearly two decades old game that has been played so autustically for so long, it's about as solved as a fighting game can possibly get, to the point where you can point out it's top 8 from the initial entry list with 90% accuracy, down to what they play and who will be in Winners/Losers side

nah, the reason for the "split" is circumstance more than anything
smash just happened to start with events not traditionally associated with fighting games, like MLG

and ironically, the reason they started there as opposed to fighting game tournaments is not smash autist, but FGC snobbery
>that's not a real fighting game!!!!

It isn't a real fighting game though

>FGC has a wife beater and their most recent venue just killed someone
>nu smash has pedophile affiliation
>Melee has is having one of its best years to date

Reminder that God himself loves melee.

Attached: puff and fox.png (611x517, 426K)

Explain how smash is a fighting game

from most exited to less
samsho
fighterz
sfv
tekken
soul calibur

i dont care for anything else

it's funny because the FGC has absolutely no problems with tournaments for shit like Divekick, Catherine and fucking Windjammers and yet no, it was totally the FGC's fault that Melee got bullied Meleefags were totally innocent in fucking everything they did amirite lads

People love to pretend like this never happened.

>bad opionion
>Carol poster
Pottery

>has is having

>e-celebs stick up for the "girl" for getting "bullied" to cry and moan about DE EBIL SMASH CUHMUNITY
>weeks later these same types of faggots dig up "her" private conversations to cry and moan about DE EBIL SMASH COMMUNITY
Christ. What a bunch of two-faced fucks the e-celebs in and around the Smash community are. They just look for any cheap opportunity to condemn the Smash community. There are legit problems with Smashies but these are retarded reasons to whine about them.

the fgc doesn't mind them as niche sideshows. None of those are going toe to toe with giants like SF/tekken like smash does

I'm drunk. Suck my dick faggot.

What are ya gonna do? Tell me to have sex?

First off, this was fucking 15 years ago. I'm not blaming anyone, but as a whole, esports was just a lot more infantile. People were childish because they were children. So something petty like "that's not a real fighting game" may seem silly now, but it wasn't back then.

Great. Smash sets are so long and they're so boring too. At least Tekken had the idea to actually make autism movement fun and funny to look at.

Exceptions to the rule don't count user.

I don't care if a Kirby main in Melee handed Hungrybox his ass without breaking a sweat at Big House or Genesis. Just because ONE person is ridiculously good with a character that isn't Star Fox, Marth, Jigglypuff, Sheik, or even Peach doesn't mean that Melee isn't a stale solved game with a decaying player base year after year.

Um, excuse me but why is Smash in Evo if it's not a fighting game? Thank you.

Attached: 1458853705076.jpg (736x724, 50K)

Expect 150k+ viewers during SFV and then slowly but steadily plummet to 15~20k for smash

Because we know those niggers know their place as amateur hour sideshows. Netherrealm and weebs need the fuckin belt since Melee didn't set a big enough example.

If it ain't SF, Marvel, or Tekken, it's trash.

>Pretends Meleefags didn't whine like little crybaby bitches when Mr. Wizard BTFO'd them earlier this year

Nah. More like a video regarding what all Hero is coming with when he gets added to Ultimate after EVO.

>new SF in the middle of SFV season and with still at least 1 year and a half before next gen

I hope you're sitting while waiting

Attached: 1545914187146.png (1200x675, 1.14M)

>No replies
Meleefags in shambles

Real talk, I'm kind of wondering where the views are actually going to come from. SFV is still a piece of shit that failed to actually build viewership last year, late slot or not. DBFZ was the big star last year, but that game is in a big fucking slump if not dead. Melee was another big draw and it's gone.
Might just be fucking SamSho.

Attached: 1557211134135.png (1280x720, 1.16M)

>the FGC makes fun of Smash for stinky day
>mfw the FGC has heatstroke day because local laws forced the hotel to go easy on the air conditioning to prevent blackouts during the heatwave but the TOs banned outside beverages

Attached: 1559328998880.png (645x773, 20K)

>Actual combos

WTF are you smoking user?

SFV might be shit but everyone is interested in watching the announcement. After it, being bad or being good everyone will move on.

>fgc fags will shit on melee, an actual technical game, but are fine with ultimate raping their event while being an objectively shittier and less entertaining game
You are such fucking hypocrites

Fucking based user!

Literally 5-10 literal whos, the community's heel, and someone who quit singles because he's a bitch-ass nigga. The rest took a little vacation with ultimate and it was back to buisiness the following month. No one cares about evo since there's a supermajor the following weekend anyway.

Stay rent free knowing Melee is still having a successful year without evo.

A party game closing out this event. What an embarrasment.

Melee fags are a cancer to themselves and others. Plus there's only so much shit people from the Ultimate crowd who very likely grew up with Brawl or even 4 are willing to take from the Melee crowd. In fact, I'd say its well past time Meleefags became the laughing stock not just of the Smash community, but the gaming community as well!

r8 dont h8

This is how I see fighting games.
To the far left is Smash Bros, it's basically purely movement / aerial based. I don't really play smash, but I can almost guarantee that the only fundamental skill that would carry over from it is learning how to punish unsafe moves, air to airing and whiff punishing. If you play Ryu or Ken you have the option of learning how to qcf/qcb and dp.
On the far right are 3D fighting games with Z axis movement. They also differ a lot from 2D games with the required skill set. There is no anti airing in 3D games at all. Getting good at defense in these games requires you to learn a bunch of pre-canned strings and framedata. Only carryover fundamentals are whiff punishing, punishing unsafe moves, basic defense like reacting to high/lows and other mixups, execution: command inputs.
I put anime games and SF/SS closer together, because they have the most skill carry over IMO. Especially compared to Smash and 3D games.
Anime games expand upon footsies games by adding more movement options, longer combos and longer pressure.

I forgot NRS crap, but those games would be in-between 2D and 3D because of the pre canned strings.

Attached: 1557017509606.png (1595x433, 213K)

>actual technical game
Yeah, only because of shitty glitches that should've been taken out, retard

grouping are one thing, but putting them on such a scale is weird if not pointless

Take a bath Smelee! Also, quit hanging out behind the local Arby's near their rotting dumpster!

>melee comes back with a zenkai boost

Accurate

Get some water. The heat's making you irritable.

That Samurai Shodown?

>for not understanding traditional fighting games.
Me gayme better because old mechanics I played at an arcade bro xD yousa smash baby ahaha.
You look retarded trying to gatekeep videogames for teens and babies.
>When they try to act elitist
Literally when has this happened? Might be the smelees
>self-awareness to properly talk about anything in the FGC
When has anyone tried this? You're reaching so fucking hard faggot
>cope by talking about smash's popularity, and then the core fgc
Smash is popular, deal with it. Melee had to fucking die though.
>THE CORE FGC
go back to your subreddit dude, you know where.

Attached: 1512107322482.jpg (319x349, 12K)

THANK FUCKING GOD.
Now i can watch the SFV finals, i always saw them on monday because of how late they air.
Thanks Smashlets keep being this amazing springboard of autism that you are!

Attached: 1563609531826.png (1040x777, 1018K)

Never gave a fuck about EVO, just a bunch of dudes trying to make me feel worthless because I'm not good at fighting games. fuck them

>never gave a fuck about the World Series, just a bunch of dudes trying to make me feel worthless because I'm not good at Baseball

a 15 year old trans girl named Bocchi beat a longtime top player named Ally at a local weeks ago. it became a big deal because "omg a girl/kid" and because Bocchi used a bottom tier character (Isabelle) while Ally used a top tier (Snake).

Bocchi struggled with her sudden fame and considered quitting because of some negativity she had received. story became huge on reddit as "Smash community bullies a 15 year old girl out of the scene because she beat a top player" even though the vast majority of the community supported her, and hordes of people swarmed in wagging their fingers and proclaiming that the Smash community and gamers in general are all horrible misogynist alt right incels etc.

fast forward to a few days ago, someone found and tweeted this old discord screenshot of Bocchi saying the n-word. all the love and support she had before disappeared, and she got canceled. and that's it, I guess the moral of the story is never trust the support of NPCs, because they only say and do whatever's socially acceptable in the moment. none of the people who passionately defended Bocchi actually cared about her.

Should you really be playing that Wifebeater card, dude

Attached: 1547514825182.jpg (1280x720, 129K)

No problem senpai, hope you enjoy the show.

>not to mention the logistical nightmare of keeping 20,000 lbs of CRTs on hand and needing to move them around, plus how hard to find GameCubes and Memory cards for them can be these days
fuck i wish i saved this but there was post on here from a guy who had to help lug around crts for events and how they should be filled with roaches they had to clean out everytime

I remember that too. Absolutely disgusting.

fucking this!
>it's ANOTHER Hbox blows out the sets episode
fucking boring

>mang0
>wifebeater
he was literally abused by his wife

pleb tier opinion

Attached: 1551066102478.webm (540x360, 2.99M)

That's even worse. Imagine not being able to control the fairer sex.

>is literally headlining the biggest fighting game tournament of the year
>not a fighting game

she sounds like a two faced snake if i'm honest, I couldn't care if she hated niggers but trying to act sweet and innocent about how mean they are to her just to get ousted as being a piece of shit, yikes..

So basically we're not going to have emotional or awesome finales like this anymore because it's fucking Smash.
youtu.be/q3qnLOWV8ac?t=1236

I hope UNIST is in next year too

cope SF faggot

>Smash.
Damn, this'll be the first EVO I haven't watched until the end.

nigger its still at evo why the fuck are you this mad over a timeslot?

it could be a good finale if it's MKLeo vs. Tweek and it's close.
but it'll probably just be MKLeo steamrolling Dabuz or something

If Marss makes it to finals he might bring out his Falcon again

It may not be the perfect answer to Joker but he did some solid work the last time they faced

cope

>all of the Meleefags begged the Ultimate players to boycott EVO in protest.

All of them, huh. They all did that?

it is

SFV is the only game at EVO more boring than Smash Ultimate

Who said I was mad? I'm glad Smash is last because it means I get to see the games I want and not worry about lack of sleep for work in the morning. On the other hand it's still Smash which competitively isn't that interesting and feels like a very lame way to end Evo. I don't care if SFV isn't last, any other game would've been better by a wide margin.

pretty much. the dumb part is that it was from a private discord, so in other words there is no way to disprove it. she also said it over a year ago which means that people waited for her to get popular before sharing. someone could just photoshop bocchi saying anything and there would be no way to prove them wrong because cancel culture is too powerful.
not saying it's fake but the odds are more than zero. she deleted all of her social media though so it's safe to say she's never coming back.

cope

>girl
>her
>she

Attached: 1516168858388.jpg (407x286, 12K)

I mean not staying up to watch Smash sounds like a pretty good way to cope.

It's not a fighting game.

Hey guys, DOTAfag here, just wanted to stop by to laugh at every one of you seething FGC fags who now have Smash as the top game at your pathetic event. At least it's not like your niggergames make much money, so at least they won't be getting much in return, but then I guess it's also a painful outcome that not only will you be going to EVO for ZERO FINANCIAL RECOMPENSE, but you'll also be domineered by a party game for literal children.

The FGC used to be the butt of every joke for the entire esports umbrella, but now it feels not even fair to poke fun at you anymore. Your main event for the year sold you out to Nintendo lmao. It's not even the grassroots Smash either, it's the corporate buy-in. Enjoy your event faggots.

Attached: 1389192847273.gif (200x200, 133K)

Proof?

I mean, if this is Tekken we're talking about I might agree.
But SFV or BBTAG? Man, you absolutely have to hate yourself to go watch the Top 8, unless you're only there to watch the "big" announcements they're gonna bring.

It's a party game.

Like you do with Smash.

I remember seeing stroder at a smash 4 local once, I would expect as much

>assfaggot thinks he's important, relevant,funny or human

Attached: laughing elephant.png (326x301, 35K)

And who the fuck are you?

Attached: 1561604942108.jpg (706x706, 68K)

>man, that's lame
>wait now I can sleep more
nice

>Hey guys, DOTAfag here
my mom told me not to talk to autistic people

1. lolis are up to 12yo max
2. a guy cant be a loli

Did we ever find out WHO BITCH THIS IS?

Most of you niggers are probably going to stay up anyway and complain.

literally go read the replies to any poll evo asked on twitter before the announcement.

twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1146127463300210688

it was full of people requesting this exact circumstance because smash always runs late.

Attached: smash delays.jpg (624x136, 12K)

Why are you pretending like you make money off playing DOTA?

>SoulCal Friday
>DBFZ Saturday
>Sunday off

B A S E D and S E E T H E

i find tokido's set vs fchamp to be a better set overall youtube.com/watch?v=yCCFUO1cepM

but as for the grand finals the hype levels were off the charts for how hard punk got stomped at the end, i'll give you that

The amount of delusion is crazy too. Even if winners weren't getting paid, its not like people are in this for the money. Are all dotafags this soulless?

Attached: 1556299625738.jpg (523x520, 77K)

How can one man say so much nonsense so quickly.
Melee’s had more variation the past year then it’s had five years before this.
It finally broke out of the “muh gods” thing, and all sorts of characters are placing decent.

Attached: 02C19E64-F1CC-4E5F-ADD5-946F5EAEB13C.jpg (703x1024, 128K)

This, I'm in it for the women (female).

tekken and smash bros arguably have the most crossover because they're basically all about autistic movement involving glitches in the game engine and extreme matchup knowledge.

Hell the term "wavedash" comes from tekken.

Attached: kbd.png (1355x450, 544K)

Good thing outside of Axe's Pikachu, we have stuff like Fox, or Fox, or Falco, or Fox, or Fox, or "oh look, it's HBox's Jigglypuff".

The only real reason why the meta is changing is because the old gods are retiring, and now it's pretty much trying to get the scraps of an already researched game.

you mean watching the fighting game waifu's or are you atucally cheering for a girl (female) in a tournement. And on that note I have to say all fighting games, including smash, has the best waifus/female character design from any game genre.

No I mean to meet women (female)

it was great to see Wizzy and Axe finally win, but the bracket won't always go that way, and Hbox is still most likely to win.
if Hbox and Mang0 retired, the game would actually be saved - except that it would also lose all of their fans. but it's fun to watch S2J, Zain, Axe, Wizzy, iBDW, etc. duke it out

While we're here.

Can anybody explain to me why melee "needs" a crt?

Melee does not have exceptional input lag for a fighting game, in fact it's quite high ranging from 3.5 frames to 5 frames, it has a huge amount of variation.

OSSC can convert a melee signal to digital with effectively zero latency (two scanlines of lag) as confirmed by WyyD. twitter.com/WydD/status/1149103986823389184 and a modern gaming monitor or television in gaming mode will only be 9 ms of lag, or around 1/2 a frame.

This is less than the natural variation of input latency in the game itself, which ranges from 3.5 to 5 frames, how can this be a problem? No other fighting games with tighter input requirements (just frames/1 frame links) and lower input latency have issues on HD screens. Why does melee "need" CRTs?

Attached: OSSC-Open-Source-Scan-Converter-Open-BR.jpg (3690x2760, 2.74M)

lmao
the top tier right now is literally as diverse as never before
>hbox - puff
>leffen - fox
>axe - pikachu
>plup - sheik
>mango - falco
>zain - marth
>wizzy - cpt falcon
>amsa - yoshi

unlike most other fighting games, melee actually need fraction-of-a-second reactions for pretty much the entirety time, so even a small delay has huge ramification of the length of a match

inb4 insecure fgcucks trying to dispute it, virtually no other game has something comparable to DI

1/2 a frame is still too much of a frame in a game with 2 frame reaction inputs needed for some characters and other 1 frame inputs needed. Why handicap yourself frame-wise for no reason? Just play on the screen you can get for absolute free.

>seething user

Yep, and they will announce a direct after it

CRTs have been the only way to play the game for almost 2 decades. Given how many kinds of monitors there are, they tend to be inconsistent compared to the average CRT. Lastly, getting a fuckton of monitors for a tournament can be expensive, meanwhile CRTs are still cheap as hell if not entirely free if you pick it out of people's trash that they leave on the curb like i do.
If this OCCS thing picks up in popularity and isn't too expensive, it could replace CRTs if they ever really run out like people say they will.

amsa hasn't even won a supermajor yet, I feel like he's going to be the embodiment of the "Yoshi has the potential guise" meme forever

take a shower

He has been that embodiment since 2014.

However, with Armada gone, he could actually win a major. His biggest obstacle is actually Wizzy and Leffen right now.

he's a mid tier so he's gonna nned a bit of bracket luck
also he can and is still improving

They did that last year with K.Rool IIRC

Speak for yourself!

You fight each other in it.

Let's say you're right, why not use dolphin then? it has lower input lag than melee on a CRT.

the natural variation dwarfs the addition by the screen.

>2 frame reaction inputs

uhh nobody can react in 33 ms.

acquiring CRTs is a lot more difficult for TOs than HD screens.

Attached: dolphin melee.png (779x773, 313K)

you fight people in pokemon too, is it a fighting game?
what about final fantasy 14 pvp

Explain to me how smash isn’t a fighting game.

I remember when EVO had the Smash 4 finals at the earliest possible time on Saturday for the first two years it was there, while Melee was on Sunday. Then in 2017, they switch places so Melee was on Saturday and Smash 4 was on Sunday. I still remember the butthurt from Meleefags when that switch was made.

It has RNG mechanics on by default like items. Said items can get really cheap and one hit kill the opponent.
Stages interrupt the fight.
You aren't locked to facing your opponents side like in normal fighting games.
You block everything with one button with no highs, lows, crossups. Only grab beats shield.
The combos work very differently than real fighting games.
>inb4 just turn stuff off until its competitive, bro!

>uhh nobody can react in 33 ms.

Yoshi's powershield window is 2 frames, while his parry window is 4. If Yoshi wants to reflect Falco lasers, which in the matchup is absolutely essential to not be completely locked down in neutral, the Yoshi player needs to activate his powershielding 2 frame window to coincide with the exact moment the laser or other projectile would hit the character. Meanwhile, to make the character viable at high level, the player also needs to do reaction based 4 frame windows to parry, or else Yoshi is shit tier because he can't act out of shield.

The only player who can do any of this consistently is aMSa, because he's extremely Asian.

cant we just call it a platform fighter? Theres other games similar to smash enough for it to have genre I think

They could do that, but the FGC won't like to call smash any sort of "Fighter"

Smash is a fucking fighting game and if you disagree you can fight me in SFV.

Would platform fighter not be a fighting game for some reason?

You can append any amount of descriptors to the front of "fighter" like 2D, 3D, arena, anime, airdashers, assist, etc. There's different subgenres of the genre.

Cope FGChumps, no amount of drywall you punch will change the fact that Smash is the biggest fighting game of EVO

Attached: 560.jpg (640x1136, 72K)

that's not reaction though, you cannot "react" in 2 frames trust me it's impossible. And as said previously many fighting games have just frames / 1 frame links and they don't have an issue.

A consistent addition of 9 ms will really not heavily affect that on top of the 20 ms of natural variation the game already has.

>Nu-Smash will close out EVO
Fucking lel at least Melee is watchable instead of non stop floaty garbage.

Cope meleefag
Go to your stinky side event

Well i like watching it.

it can be pretty exciting

especially since it's the only current fighter where one country isn't dominating

Attached: 1560219696218.webm (852x480, 2.74M)

>implying Meleefags would even bother putting the time to taping on a diaper correctly
Diapers would be so much better if that were true, they're more likely to just go in w/e they could quickly put on.

The bad hygiene thing applies to all Smash games. Stinky Pete.

will /ourdev/ masshero sakcofrice announce the next dlc character here or will they announce the date of hero and/or banjo?

Attached: 2681910_0.jpg (630x630, 69K)

Yes, it is reactive, inherently, by definition. The opposing player acts, and the defending player must act in accordance in order to make that 2 frame window coincide with the attacking player's hitbox. It is, literally, reacting, making an action in response to and its timing dictated by another player's action.

Adding frame of delay into that reactive scenario kills those defensive options. Not to mention all the other frame specific or tight inputs.

This, to be quite genuinely frank and honest. Melee is at least grassroots, so I can respect it.

Ultimate is just fad pandering and Nintendo money in the event.

he's right. Every single SC tournament thus far has been good

Attached: 56234534564.png (357x358, 186K)

you react to the laser flying across the stage, and you hit a 2 frame window to parry. you're not reacting to anything in 2 frames. that's not humanly possible

doomguy will be revealed at quakecon a few days prior so no

Do you think F-Zero isn't a racing game because you can win by retiring the other drivers?

turn items off