Is the Persona cast getting less memorable and likable with each installment?

Is the Persona cast getting less memorable and likable with each installment?

Attached: 718.jpg (828x1040, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PaUDe4u3wu4
youtube.com/watch?v=PWvjT4RJ6Mk
youtube.com/watch?v=o5CsJQ8E91c
youtube.com/watch?v=N-0506eQBVM
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yes, 5's cast was fucking awful

But P4 cast is more likable than P3, the ones from P3 are better characters but as a group of friends i think P4 are more fun, i think they're the better cast in this regard, P5 being the worst.

Isn't it just sad? Just how unfair? How Haru is better than Mitsuru but how P3 is so much worse than 5?

Attached: haru_oKUTEmura.png (512x512, 78K)

>Harufag education

>But P4 cast is more likable than P3
Nah. Kanji and Rise are the only good team members in P4, but everyone in P3 is good except Yukari and Fuuka.

Different tastes

I love Fuuka!

You're right, Fuuka wasn't good, she was great!

Attached: Fuuka P3.jpg (749x1000, 123K)

don't @ me you fucking faggot

Fuuka is for bullying loser

Attached: ineverfeltlike.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

P5 party members were fucking terrible, but they had much better cast members outside of your party
P4 only had Kanji, everyone else was pretty bad or just meh

Fuuka is for pure, tender love only!

Attached: Fuuka Hands.jpg (503x705, 235K)

based
faggot

P3 had really bland characters. Yukari is the only one that felt like a real person, and she is a cunt.
>bbbut they're supposed to feel distant
Yeah, it's shit

I want to pour chocolate milk on Fuuka's head!

kill yourself

Now that I think about it haru is pretty much the best bits of Mitsuru and fuuka combined into one person.

I'm glad you'll never get to!
Fuuka is forever safe!

But then I wouldn't get to see Fuuka again!

Attached: Fuuka and MC Scarf.jpg (837x590, 146K)

Akihiko would actually shot up

i don't get it
there are blast doors and other shit

How can you say that when Persona 3 makes sure every character has you know, an ARC, something that 4 completely ignores

>Kens arc about accepting death and forgiving Shinji
>Shinjis arc for atoning for his murder and understanding value of others
>Junpeis arc of falling in love with a girl seeing her die, and becoming an alpha
>yukari goes from bitch to friend
>Mitsuru accepting her fathers death and moving into her position as CEO

I want you to even try to explain the character 'arcs' in 4. Let me do one for you

>Yukiko

At first... She wants to run the inn.. but then she doesnt.. but then? guys guess what

she wants to run the inn

WHOAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHAT A CHARACTER LETS MAKE WAIFU THREADS FOR THE NEXT 20 YEARS

Akihiko can just punch them open

>At first... She wants to run the inn.. but then she doesnt.. but then? guys guess what
Watch this
>Ken's want to kill Shinji but then he dons't anymore
>Shinji's want do die but then he does die
>Junpeis goes from jealous clown to clown
Your Yukari's one is already funny
>Mitsuru's accept's her father's death after getting slapped by some other girl

also 4 does this retarded idea where you get to see your future party members 'inner thoughts' (even though in the story it doesnt amke sense at all but persona 4 fans dont understand the story they just like to jerk off to anime girls)

but by showing their inner thoughts it basically makes them pointless to learn about since you already know about their 'dark side'. Its like working backwards in character development, and it doesnt work at all.

Also teddie is the most unironically embarrassing character to appear in the persona series and perhaps all videogames in general

>Talking shit about Teddie when P3 had Koromaru that literally does 1 thing in the whole game
You're embarrasing
No it isn't

Yukiko's isn't a broad simplification though, it's just that simple

P3 had awful characters, what in the fuck are you on about.

Did you literally skip all the other 9 ranks of her slink ?

Nice false equivalency, Ken doesnt decide he wants to forgive Shinji for no reason, he does literally try to murder him but after shinji sacrifices himself he STILL doesnt really know what to think, only after akihiko (shaped by his orphanage and loss of sister) explains his unique perspective, Ken decides he wants to man up and move on with his life.

This is hinted at in a cool way with Kens personas

His first persona is Nemesis, the goddess of revenge, because thats how he views his mothers death; an action that requires revenge

Upon shinjis death his Persona changes to Kala-nemi, the goddess of fate, showing how his feelings towards the incident have changed from revenge, to acceptance.

Not a single fucking character in 4 has even 1% of what the WORST persona 3 character has.

I noticed you didnt even try to defend 4 characters lol i wonder why

>Ken doesnt decide he wants to forgive Shinji for no reason, he does literally try to murder him but after shinji sacrifices himself he STILL doesnt really know what to think, only after akihiko (shaped by his orphanage and loss of sister) explains his unique perspective, Ken decides he wants to man up and move on with his life.
Of course he does, he is literally not going forward on killing Shinji before Takaya arrives, he hesitates a lot
>Not a single fucking character in 4 has even 1% of what the WORST persona 3 character has.
Play the game and pay attention
>I noticed you didnt even try to defend 4 characters lol i wonder why
Saying Yukiko's whole development is
>>At first... She wants to run the inn.. but then she doesnt.. but then? guys guess what
Is ignoring 90% of her

id rather have a barking dog that stays in the sidelines then a character that makes forced, awkward, childish sex jokes for literally the entire game and never stops

Damn, you just owned that user pretty hard

So you want a literal no character than one that gets developed ? interesting

>Still hasnt provided any ingame examples

why dont you use some evidence instead of your useless opinions?

the p3 cast is garbage except for femc. the casts of every other game in the series range from mediocre to kino.

Attached: eikichii.jpg (480x360, 12K)

She literally only goes forward on going back to the inn at the rank 10 of her slink, play the game and you will know why she makes that decision

Is anyone gonna say that this pic is Zoomer as fuck?

I like how in Persona 3 the Persona's actually meant something. Take what you said or how about Aigis starting with Palladion just a the wooden statue of Pallas Athena that is just a symbol of protection and taking on a cold, mechanical design. Then turning into is the actual Athena looking more like a human and a girl now, now not just being a model of something and being the real like Aigis' emotions and humanity being her own real thing now.

Attached: 26020933_p6.jpg (1000x1000, 259K)

>Junpei's goes from jealous clown to alpha chad best bro/OP party member.
FTFY

when you recycle the same character archetypes for 3 games, of course it gets less memorable

It looks like it came from reddit

No, you are just an emo faggot with terrible taste. Persona 3 is one of the worst jrpgs out there. You don't even play it. Just read and watch bad AI fight.

What you dont understand is that the very essence of Yukikos story, her interaction with her family inn, is not interesting

Why would I care if my classmate wants to work at her inn, or not? Who gives a fuck? Every character in 4s personal issues are boring highschooler issues that have nothing to do with the overall plot. again, 3 did not have this problem

Take Yukari, her entire reason for joining SEES is because of her fathers mysterious death that she wants to pursure, over the the course of the game she explains that her hostile attitude comes from her unstable family home and lack of closure of her dad, so when you have this great scene

youtube.com/watch?v=PaUDe4u3wu4

Two things are happening

1. We learn important plot details about whats happening behind the scenes
2. We have a great character moment when Yukari finally hears the message her father died to send

both are happening at the same time, and its beuatiful. Almost every character in 3 has their core problems somehow related to the plot, which makes the plot more interesting as it goes on because you see how it impacts the cast. again 4 ignores this to focus on slice of life shit

>I like how in Persona 3 the Persona's actually meant something
The same thing is in P4 and 5 user....

All of the Personas are meaningful, you're only fixated on 3's because 3 was the one you played when you were a moody teenager.

how has it been 11 years and people STILL don't understand how Yukiko's character arc works?
>Doesn't want to feel forced to inherit the inn
>decides to choose her own path, starts looking at potential jobs
>realizes she loves it at the Inn
>Realizes that she wants to inherit it by her own will
>The difference is before she felt like she had to do it, now she actually wants to do it.

The difference between being told to do something and doing what you want is astounding.

Really Teddie's Persona being Kintoki-Douji, means what?

>a game that focuses on finding the truth, including one's truth self, rather than accepting convenient lies, focuses on personal problems related to one's truth self
>this is supposed to be a bad thing because the characters aren't all brooding emokids
k

Another great example, also akihikos and shinjis default personas origin stories are a spoiler for the rest of the game. Persona 3 did a great job having characters with meaningful issues and letting them resolve them through the plot and seeing that character growth on screen is beautiful

A small change 4 did to ruin this was to make all resolution scenes tied to social link, thus turning all awakenings into scenes where the character just praises the MC till their persona evolves

youtube.com/watch?v=PWvjT4RJ6Mk

a scene like ^ would never happen in 4, where a character gets to shine on their own. if akihiko was in p4 hed be talking about how awesome MC was for showing him how to be a man or something

>Why would I care if my classmate wants to work at her inn, or not? Who gives a fuck? Every character in 4s personal issues are boring highschooler issues that have nothing to do with the overall plot.
The WHOLE plot is about accepting the truth user, their issues had everything to do with that
>Take Yukari, her entire reason for joining SEES is because of her fathers mysterious death that she wants to pursure, over the the course of the game she explains that her hostile attitude comes from her unstable family home and lack of closure of her dad, so when you have this great scene
Why would i care about that too ? Yukari's finding stuff about her father changes nothing in the plot too

based fuukaposter

if you arent providing any form of substance dont bother replying

Can you associate this with Teddie or are you too dumb for that ?
>His childhood friends were the animals on the mountain where he grew up, and he regularly proved his incredible strength when playing with them.
Strange i wonder why this persona is his persona

Nothing, the P4's cast of Persona besides Yu had nothing to do with their story. P5 just went with "We thieves yo" more then having something to be the person themselves

>Why would i care about that too ?
BECAUSE IT'S SO DRAMATIC AND NOT HAMFISTED AT ALL HOW EVERYONE IS A SUPER SPECIAL ORPHAN. 3 IS THE DEEPEST SHIT EVER.
*slits wrists*

>3babby
Kanji, Naoto, and most of the S. Links in 4 blew P3 out of the water. People only tend to remember the last third of the entry rather than the entire game when it comes to the main cast and just Sun and Tower when it comes to Links.

>Literally cries for 2 mins
>Now his resolution is great and he is good for life
That scene was idiotic user
>Nothing, the P4's cast of Persona besides Yu had nothing to do with their story. P5 just went with "We thieves yo" more then having something to be the person themselves
Play the game retard, there is literally a reason each one persona is for them

I want to FACEFUCK Yukari!

"It's bad because I said so" is not anything of substance, do so yourself.

Attached: straws.gif (500x281, 295K)

>People only tend to remember the last third of the entry rather than the entire game
Because literally nothing happens in Persona 3 for 2 thirds of the game, unless you are a retard who thinks Fuuka being bullied is super interesting shit.

I’m glad Yea Forums is finally seeing the P3 cast as the garbage it is and calling out P3 faggots on their bullshit. Just because you played the game when you were 12 doesn’t make it the best.

Not him but she flat out says "I just didn't want to feel like I was being FORCED to do it". That's the summary of what I am only loosely calling her character arc. There's a reason you never hear anybody admitting to being a Larryfag.

>All of the Personas are meaningful
>Yukari is not even slightly maternal, but her persona is Isis
>Akihiko is not a charismatic leader nor a brilliant military strategist, but his persona is Caesar

>Can't see the connection
>GRASPING AT STRAWS
This is straws too then
>Take what you said or how about Aigis starting with Palladion just a the wooden statue of Pallas Athena that is just a symbol of protection and taking on a cold, mechanical design.

No. P4 was the lowest point for me. P5's cast still wasn't great but the original four that they showed were fine. Game in general felt like it dipped in quality after the second dungeon.

>I can't into Kunitsu and Amatsu: The Post

its cute how 4 fans think 3 is somehow emo because it takes itself more seriously then this

youtube.com/watch?v=o5CsJQ8E91c

what the fuck am i playing?

literally the last 10% of persona 4 is decent and the rest is retarded slice of life shit only permavirgins would be interested by

I refer to this again, Teddie picking his first one has no sense at all pretty much, his final makes sense though.

It's cute how 3 fanboy reddit posts.

Maybe? P4's characters being not likeable makes them the most memorable to me so I dunno.

> reddit fallacy

btw first came to this website in 2007 when the boards were still shown on the left

No, because P5's cast was a step up from 4 in almost every way.

>I like how in Persona 3 the Persona's actually meant something.
that's always been the case in persona. they don't say "i am thou, thou art i" for no reason.

>His persona story is about proving his strength to the friends he played it
>He only gains when he proves his strength by defeating shadow Rise and accepting his shadow
What is the connection user ?

Can we talk about how shit movement is in P4 compared to P3?

I can agree with this.

What do you mean ?

Can we talk about shit Tartarus is compared to literally any other video game in existence?
Can we talk about how shit P3 AI is?
Can we talk about how P4 is a mediocre game and P3 is a bad game?
Can we talk about why you are obsessed with such a subpar series?

and how the game reuses 3's sprites while also making the artstyle worse? if you hadnt noticed Rises animation recycled from Yukari, dad cops animations recycled from Akihiko

entire game was a lazy work made quick for cheap but they throw in a few waifus and you'll get atleast some nerds to defend it

On this note, why the fuck is Yosukes Persona Jiraiya? It almost seems it's cause he likes ninja's and that is only reason.

>raised in isolation in the wilds as a child, encountered a masterful samurai and decided to become the samurai's retainer so he could become part of civilized society
How does that not apply to Teddie, dipshit?
>created in isolation in the TV World, encountered a wild card Persona user and decided to become the wild card's initial nav, then becoming a Persona user alongside him and entering the real world

This, P4 was the bad game that Normies all love

>Can we talk about how shit P3 AI is?
You can't user, because if you flick a dozen redundant abilities every battle, sprinkle holy water on your controller, pray a full rosary, and burn seven sticks of luck incense then the AI works perfectly and you just suck at the game!

Cease your faggotry

Attached: 876.jpg (700x990, 887K)

My favorite defense of the shit AI is "it gives the character's personality"

Elizabeth is my queen !

Attached: P4AU_illustration_artwork_of_Elizabeth.jpg (1254x1773, 465K)

All of Persona 3's Personas were super deep and perfectly relevant because I'm from a Euro/American society that's dissected Greek myths in anal retentive detail, while Persona 4's Personas were irrelevant trash because I'm not from Japan and therefore can't find detailed articles doing an English language Google search, therefore 3 is perfect and 4 is terrible.

The gallant Jiraya goes well with him, Yosuke is pretty gallant and his story had a woman too, but Jiraya lore is so scarce that who knows what the fuck it means

I think it’s because the player-driven social links and second awakenings rob the characters of an arc where they can have meaningful development, and the games have become too much about wish-fulfillment, so all of the characters fawn over the MC way too much. In P3, the characters had their own shit going on and could be unavailable to go dungeon-running. In 4 and 5 they’re always at your beck and call, and they just hang around waiting for you to show up on off days. It’s also really annoying that they seem not to have their own friends or lovers, possibly because the developers think that would be threatening to players. I feel like we’ll never get a Chidori-like arc ever again because now all female characters have to be romanceable solely by the player.

i like how 3babbies complain about 1 and 2's combat (if they even bother playing them), complain that 4 and 5 were "casualized," and then defend a combat system that you spend more time watching than playing.

I love Yukari!~

Attached: IloveYukari.webm (1280x720, 1.13M)

>Yosuke is pretty gallant
I don't know if that is how I would describe him

P4 and 5 literally had a dungeon focused on each member, that is much better than most P3 characters being on the background for 80% of the game till their time to shine comes, also you could not toss P4 and 5 slinks confidants into the plot as the plot was important and had no time for that

3 and 4 were made by the exact same people and both games have intentional gameplay and writing decisions meant to evoke a specific mood, with 4 in particular being designed to directly contrast pretty much everything in 3. Liking one but hating the other just means you're not self-aware enough to separate objective quality with your own personal subjective taste.

>Yosuke is pretty gallant
You fucking what? He's a loser who has no friends before Chad strides into town, is not even slightly subtle about his status as a horny teenager, and manages to get Chad and Kanji into trouble with his stupid antics at every turn.

He is pretty brave and heroic, the bad part is he is not chivalrous as he is most of the time a pervert

I suppose SOMEONE has to, statistically speaking.

>He is pretty brave
You know what, I will give you this one. As much as people giving him shit Yosuke would jump into any amount of bullshit to say his friends.

user, that has nothing to do with whether he's gallant or not. He bravely leaps into adventure every chance he gets. It's just that his gallantry is because he's a loser with no friends and is bored out of his mind in the real world.

This thread is so fucking terrible
Now I see why Persona and SMT have seperate generals on /vg/

Attached: 1529201895026.jpg (1024x1004, 60K)

or it means you recognize that 3 was a boring slog and 4 improved on the formula.

THIS IS A GOOD POST

>thread op opens with bait
>This thread is so fucking terrible
Really ?

Yeah, ever since 3 the casts have been shit.

Side note: this is why the P3 and P4 casts go together perfectly in crossovers like Arena and Q, while the P5 cast feels tacked on in Q2. 5 desperately needed more room to breathe in their own spinoffs first, with crossovers being initially adversarial instead of immediately friendly, playing off the PT's status as wanted criminals.

>and 4 improved on the formula.
Not by much. The "formula" is flawed and boring by design.

I liked TMS #FE more than Persona because it cut out the fat. No calendar system or social links with nobodies dragging out a 30 hour game to 80 hours.

I love Anne.

Attached: 1525203753849.jpg (800x1053, 114K)

People are arguing a point and providing examples why. This is probably the best thread Yea Forums will have for weeks in that regard go fuck yourself m8

>P2:EP, the game with a adult party, had the best characters
Really makes you think...

Attached: Rude.png (200x214, 22K)

>Maya gets character raped
>Best characters

Would the federal government really be stupid enough to keep anything at the world's best known secret base?

No

a sequel to 3/4/5 with adult versions of the characters would be interesting. They wont do that though to keep the waifu nerds happy (since most of them would be married to chads)

>except Yukari
Shit taste

Why not? Its not a secret where the US government does experiments. How would you ever find out unless you were there?

This lmao

P4A and the upcoming P5U

I think you should probably stop using words you don't understand, ESLfriend.

this, go post eceleb or politics

Maya is unfortunate but a fleshed out Tatsuta makes up for it. Everyone else is fantastic as well, literally every party member is great.

Not him but Gallant is both
Heroic, Brave and the womanizer part

Do you REALLY think anyone enters this thread willing to change their mind on which persona is their favorite?
Everyone ITT is screaming at a wall. If it were ANY other franchise I might think otherwise but persona fans are the most stubborn fucks on the planet

Attached: 1549500620911.png (960x960, 841K)

And it really shows how shit and boring SMT is and how cancerous SMTfags are because their general is dead as all hell.

Go to a FF thread and ask which one is the best game

Well they're running out of jojos to copy
they already used the prisoner aesthetic so whats next in persona 6, A horserace across america?

Attached: 182353650-352-k370499.jpg (352x550, 38K)

Lol no

Absolute based and cute fukkaposter

Attached: 1560692069640.gif (639x428, 2.68M)

This would actually be cool. Would be a nice break from highschool drama bullshit

IS>EP. Ulala, Katsuya and Baofu all worked better as NPCs.

Based as fuck

Attached: 1553170982346.png (1920x1080, 382K)

They can make the other world cyberpunk stuff, make the game world wide, anything can work

Persona about Italian gangsters when?

!~

Attached: TheOneAndOnlyUniversallyAndObjectivelyPerfectGirl.png (1085x2305, 1.7M)

What the fuck guys, these actually sound interesting, why would Persona ever do that? This is the series that made being detectives and theifs as boring as possible.

I love Aigis

Attached: 1486790230495.png (902x1300, 889K)

>MCs cumdump

General's dead because the franchise is all but dead, user.
SMT fans can't beat a topic into the ground the same way Katawa Shoujo autists can

Attached: 1540361008864.jpg (522x612, 64K)

P5 first version was a world wide adventure, i think they got the potential to go crazy and make cool shit

The absolute most based poster on Yea Forums, it's an honor to be in your presence Fuukaposter

>P3 faggots going at it once more.
Because you've started with P3 doesn't make it the best game no matter how strong you're deluding yourself.
Tartarus is shit, the girls outside of Fuuka are huge bitches or a toaster, Junpei is the only one character worth a damn. It has a dog and a kid as party members. Stop thinking this is anywhere near the pinacle of storytelling.

Attached: 1435611638530.gif (267x200, 262K)

fuck off jojotards, persona is better than your reddit trash.

I'd say more memorable since no one remembers P1 and P2

t. p3 zoomer

>Implying boomers remember P1 and 2 when Pokemon blew up with Red and blue release

I'm sorry am I wrong? Ask around, the majority of people remember those two games far less than 3 onwards.

It's like Schrodinger's cat, there's either something there or nothing there until we actually see it

zoomers don't remember those classics because they weren't old enough to play them. they started with the shitpile that was p3 instead.

So you agree that majority of people don't remember P1 and P2?

Not even boomers remember those, they sold like shit outside japan

I'm honestly surprised that Araki never sued for Persona 4, it's a straight up copy of DiU

They sure are beating the "we hate Persona" topic into the ground, judging by /smtg/

>zoomers don't remember those classics because they weren't old enough to play them.
This is half right. The other half is that there really is nothing to remember, at least not for P1 where there isn't even an attempt at characterization and anybody who's defending it against newer games in the series is 100% doing it specifically because it's an obscure opinion and doesn't have critical thinking skills worth shit.

Persona started at 5

p1 was the best-selling game in the series until p5 finally surpassed it. p3 actually sold like shit.

Only in japan, if we count world wide then P3 was sold better

Persona ended with 3.

>so dead that Dx2 faggots have been allowed back

Attached: 1398129917073.jpg (362x372, 15K)

persona started with 1, ended with 2ep, then started again with 4.

Attached: fixed.png (828x1040, 595K)

Based

I used to hate Fuuka, but now I love her??

yo what game

Pathologic 2 I think

thats what I thought, but I thought pathologic 2 was blockier.

FemC was perfect in Q2.

This is a situation where "it worked on my system". But I played Fes, so it might be different.

In fact the only time I had a "Marin Fucking Karin" she actually charmed the boss and made it way easier.

Take the Fuuka-pill, user

Attached: 1555995847559.jpg (1600x1042, 153K)

Can we talk about things that matter like how Q2 has better combat than mainline persona Q’s gameplay is meh but Q2 feels so damn fun to play

Attached: 127FA07A-0885-45BD-A989-F2D653B83434.jpg (1024x919, 135K)

casting "character" aside, i think the character designs are getting worse. The only one that is great in p5 is the mc.

FES has improved AI and if you scanned the shadows the AI gets rapidly better but mitsuru basically a train wreck for the AI since she has a heal, a drain, a attack, a status ailment and a charge so the AI gets confused easily

>Mugs a cop
>Can't fight a group of thugs in her own game
>Has to be restrained from kicking the crap out of Kenchi for one too many of his usual "comments"
youtube.com/watch?v=N-0506eQBVM

Minako is a weird lass, she's wasted on being in her own world.

Attached: fixeder.png (828x1179, 602K)

KEK

Araki seems like a nice guy, I don't think he would care too much.

I didn't know Jojo created murders in small towns.

>A murder mystery in a small town is a straight up copy

outside of that, they share nothing in common.

Maybe if you switched between different battle stances or whatever the fuck they're called then you wouldn't have problems. The game is piss easy anyway, I dunno why you're so pissed about it unless you're bad

He did a interview with kaneko so I think he has respect for the series where they talk about what inspired them it’s a great interview
Very different story

the secret to his youth

>murder mystery on a small town
>protags summon ghosts to fight for them
>serial killer that only targets woman
>character that was designed for you to hate gets killed midway through

>serial killer that only targets woman
Kanji, Mitsuo and you can count Naoto too as most people thought she was a boy

The devils in the details kira and adachi are very different killers and there is no jotaro mentor character those are just some of the big things I thought of on the spot but there’s many more

Murder mystery.
punch ghosts
false
Red herring

Kanji and Naoto were Namatame, but Adachi targeted Mitsuo yeah.

Namatame being a thing separates it a ton from DiU, part 4 lacks the two red herrings P4 has.

that one got me

It's hard not to not like Fuuka, she is the sweetest and kindest person in the group; I think she is underrated because she's so reserved to herself but that's kind of the point of the high priestess arcana.

Okay fine, 3 out of 5, but he still mostly targeted women, and even then, it's still implied that Kira killed men, at least out of necessity, you even see him do it.

Fuuka is third best girl in P3, after Aigis and Chihiro.
Chihiro is one of my favorite girls in any vidya, though.

Why is femc so cute

I love Chihiro Fushimi with all my heart!

For Chihiro and her Justice!

Attached: Chihiro Panicking Rush Colored.jpg (504x1167, 422K)

She's such a lovely angel!

I love Yukari Takeba with all my heart!~

For Yukari and her Love!~

Attached: TheCutest.jpg (1287x2048, 214K)

so if Chihiro has confidence in herself in P4, that means that either Chihiro is the canon girl or door kun really fucking romanced all of them

>Aigis

Attached: 1510002680684.png (858x1317, 605K)

Man it feels good to like all Persona and SMT games except Persona 1, fuck the ps1 version

Someone gets it

You couldn't be more right user!
Fuuka never gets the recognition she deserves because she never draws attention to herself!
And so, many players overlook her and turn their gaze to the more flashy characters.
Really, it's hard for a girl like Fuuka to shine when she's so quiet and reserved and she's put next to a cute looking robot with gun hands

Attached: Fuuka Carry.jpg (434x628, 140K)

The most wonderful!

and Chihiro's so sweet and beautiful she's practically blinding!

Nothing on P3's romances have ever been mentioned in future materials, so these interpretations are left to the player.

What's most lilkely is going to be some explination where he friendzoned all of them which isn't possible in game. But you know that's just a theory.

Melchizedek also comes up in the P3 movies, so make of that what you will.

Attached: 3cute5me Colored.jpg (581x645, 295K)

Attached: 1512350209047.png (442x509, 172K)

Worst girl of all the persona franchise

I'd be seriously all over an adult P6 cast where their purseowners reflect their greatest life regret. Like the dude who realizes he spent way too much time working and not enough time with his kid, or the person whose spouse died. Either way we won't be seeing P6 until at least 2024. They have to milk P5R, P5R2 for PS5, P5U and P5U2. Not to mention anything else they can asspull to milk the series.

We're never leaving high school and you're gonna have to deal with it. Especially with P6 being the first Wada lead game, and he's likely going to play his first mainline Persona game safe.

this is true. But being a group of friend was never really the point of P3 they are only forced into a group with one another by circumstance not by sympathy for each other

Don't forget that both have deaths where someone is strung from a telephone pole.
Honestly, though, they're really only similar conceptually. It sounds like a ripoff until you start dissecting the details of each, where they're both clearly different.
The closest Persona gets to straight up copying something is Persona 3 and Evangelion.

Attached: 1534859713102.png (841x890, 444K)

I finally realized why I hated the later half of Persona 5 more than the other 2.
It becomes way too fucking anime near the ending.

>But user... It's suppose to be an anime game.
Yeah, but this takes all the fucking shitty tropes of recent anime and has a poorly written later half. Right during Okamura and later, the game's quality dips to another seasonal SHOUNEN shit that tries to act DEEP and have MEANING but falls a bit flat on it's face.

Attached: maxresdefault (16).jpg (1280x720, 93K)

>but this takes all the fucking shitty tropes of recent anime and has a poorly written later half.
What anime tropes you disliked ? also what was poorly written ?

>Tokyo spirit bomb
>GOD YET AGAIN (but this time it just comes outta nowhere)
>Declaration of War scene was pretty fucking embarrassing
>Mentor ends up betraying you

Poorly written stuff
>Akechi
>Ryuji and Morgana's "fight"
>Just hand waves the whole moral "brainwashing" thing.
>Shido to Yaldy transition felt awkward. (I get it's suppose to be awkward, it's still jarring.)
>Phantom thieves start to be one trope jokes
>Futaba's deus ex machina "hacking"

if you don't like an apocalyptic tokyo setting or fighting against gods, why the fuck are you playing a megami tensei game?

Because the other games write it in better?
I had the same problem with SMT IVA if you took the friendship route because Steven just shows up and just decides "hey uh... Can you kill God now?"

>Akechi
I agree, i think they will change some stuff of him in P5R
>Ryuji and Morgana's "fight"
I think it had a point, ever since Makoto got into the group Morgana was getting more and more behind everyone in usefulness, he just used the Ryuji stuff to get out
>Just hand waves the whole moral "brainwashing" thing.
They talked about it in mementos depths, then the rest is endgame
>Shido to Yaldy transition felt awkward. (I get it's suppose to be awkward, it's still jarring.)
I agree, it was kinda of strange
>Phantom thieves start to be one trope jokes
This one is in all persona games
>Futaba's deus ex machina "hacking"
I agree

mainline isn't exactly known for having world-class writing either. atlus needs to swallow their pride and bring based satomi back.

Attached: tumblr_ngvz4s9IYb1tm53eoo1_640.png (624x467, 235K)

Kira and Adachi are completely opposite, the former is satisfied with quiet life while the latter resents the quiet life and want to spike up things trough murder.

>Because the other games write it in better?
What other games ? most SMT games plot is basic as fuck

I really like Yuko, but Chihiro triggers my protective kareshi instincts something FIERCE

Liz is canon girl

DDS Duology was honestly the best written SMT game. I wish the third book in the series got translated already. ESL-kun, you should check it out.

With the one trope stuff, I felt Persona 3 and 4 base game never ran into this issue. The only time they resorted to being one trope characters were in the side games and maybe the bonus content in golden.

>DDS Duology was honestly the best written SMT game. I wish the third book in the series got translated already. ESL-kun, you should check it out.
I don't think so, the 2nd game gets retarded the moment Heat 'kills' Seph

>With the one trope stuff, I felt Persona 3 and 4 base game never ran into this issue.
All the P4 sol scenes were one trope stuff most of the time, also P3 characters most of the time, especially Ken

Gotta agree to disagree with you there. I fucking loved kill em all moments and everyone had their moments. The reunion was pretty touching as well. What didn't you like about it?

>area 51 memes
Go back

I think the slice of life scene are fine. It's meant for comedy purposes anyways.

recarm

""""No""""