Unironically the worst ending of all time

How the fuck is this game universally praised? The narrative is literally a 10 hour buildup to a plot hole and the gameplay is streamlined to hell.

Attached: 6B7962AD-B2B7-4CB3-87FC-08A43D28F984.jpg (220x312, 25K)

>this game
>universally praised

Attached: confused-nigga.jpg (505x431, 26K)

>this game
>universally praised

Attached: brainDamage.png (612x563, 123K)

very average game if you ask me

I'll stick to metroid prime 3.

Overwhelmingly positive on steam and 90s on metacritic. What other metric do you want me to use? You realize you’re in the minority on Yea Forums right?

Are you forgetting how Reddit wouldn't stop talking about this game and saying it was 2deep4you
of course you don't because you are cancer newfags

reddit hates this game, though.

What? They love it

Why was this game called Bioshock? Bio means water, yet it takes place in the sky. It should be called Skyshock

This.

Bioshock Infinite was developed for what? Five years? Some time ago, I read an article, trying to divine how the concept of the game changed along the way, judging from the trailers, other promotional videos and statements from the developers. It drew conclusion, that all the parallel worlds stuff appeared very late, like the last year of development. And before that the storyline seemed to swindle wildly, and to be in a state of a perpetual rewrite, with heaps of content being sacked with each such change of wind. Once it landed upon the parallel worlds concept, it seemed to resolve into released state rather quickly however.

I have a hypothesis. I think the reason the story swinged whenever, and the reason it ultimately resolved around after introduction of central story concept, are connected to two different people.

The one not knowing what the fuck he is doing and rewriting stuff 7 times a day, was Ken Levine.
The one actually resolving the script into something coherent, was Jordan Thomas, writer and director of Bioshock 2, who was working on X-COM Declassified in parallel.

Parallel worlds are basically different iterations of Levine script, stitched together. So are different Elisabeths in the ending, as well as her extremely inconsistent characterization in general. The whole thing could be perceived as meta about script in blockbusters playing a role, subservient to setpieces, and basically as deconstruction of Half-Life 2 to an extent.

Basically, what it seems to me to be is that Levine shat the bed with this game's writing, hard, and needed a script doctor, which was subsequently kept under wraps in order for Infinite to have that Le Auteur Game fleur about it.

I literally thought this was just a joke the whole time. I guess people are really that stupid.

Water is made out of air (which is why you get steam when you heat it), and air is what fills the sky.

Also, note that Jordan Thomas did NOT see X-COM Declassified to completion and quit the studio a month after Infinite's release.

Also note, that both story DLCs to Infinite basically lack any significant meta whatsoever.

>How the fuck is this game universally praised?
wouldnt call it "universally" praised, but sadly it is scarily popular, at least it was when it launched.
but the answer is- as it is so often- most people are not smart, and pretense of intelligence is far more impressive to the impressionable than the real thing.

this was never not unfunny.
now it is getting old and still isn't not unfunny.

Its just that good, contrarians cant deal with it. They can cry over it, but nothing will ever change how its perceived.

levine couldn't decide what he wanted in a game and changed it literally months before the release. just look up gameplay demos of infinite.

>the gameplay is streamlined to hell.
That's a GOOD thing, you dumb dumb.

This is the one thing I agree with.

>How the fuck is this game universally praised?
Best FPS gameplay ever with the best world and story in an FPS game. Why would you think otherw-
>The narrative is literally a 10 hour buildup to a plot hole
Oh, w/e. Being dumb is not a crime, after all

>I like subjects that make me feel stupid
the dev knows his audience.