Dragon Quest Builders 2

Can we have a DQ builders thread? I'm close to finishing it and it is now easily my GOTY.
Also who is best girl and why is it Anessa?

Attached: DQB2.png (1448x1848, 2.52M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=z47aGBwzJYc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Cause she's a great warrior and secretly a qt.

Attached: Dragon-Quest-Builders-2_2018_11-26-18_010.jpg (410x954, 87K)

I finally grinded to level 20 on the second island
Time for the boss.

I went full autism on Moonbrooke, and regularly conducted "raids" on monsters to bring back meat to the base. Best island.

I think that island had the easiest boss precisely because you barely need to engage in combat

AAAAAAAA DO I HAVE TO PICK SHROOMS TO FEED PEOPLE

On second island? I think so yeah but you'll have so many blue shrooms that they won't be an issue.

Attached: 1532415330874_0.jpg (3333x2852, 812K)

How feasible it it to break down my facilities and rebuild in a more efficient layout? I'm on Furrowfield.

I just started out in the first town and the bearded guy wants me to improve his hut, which I did, but somehow it doesn't register as done.
I've rebuilt the house with wood, placed a table a torch and a bed inside. An I missing something?

Just got to Moonbrooke. Been to all the other islands so far and got all the infinite loot. So darn fun.
stupid question but are all the walls connected in a square?

>he doesn't know about the chest that constantly respawns five skewered shrooms

They should be... Can't check now but if I'll find out it's that, I'll feel real stupid tomorrow.

i'd play this if it wasnt stupid chrono trigger characters and more like dragfon ball z

Why are they so cute together?

Attached: 74181888_p0 - ビ2絵漫画まとめ4.jpg (800x1000, 255K)

what's the difference

Attached: 1254432849345.png (333x333, 13K)

Holding off on my purchase for awhile since i have a couple of other games i'm playing right now how much better is it compared to the first one which i loved

>I'd eat this if it wasn't a hamburger and more like a double cheeseburger

>you have to make a tiny sissy faggot throne room or it doesn't count as a room

>princess bed doesn't count as a king size bed even though it takes up the same amount of space

>the castle entrance is four blocks wide, the central stair case is five blocks wide and the throne room door is three blocks wide

fuck this castle and fuck lulutopia

If you're trying to make a farmer's house specifically then it needs 2 beds, a light source, firewood and farming tools. Make sure the walls are 2 blocks high including outside corners.
>princess bed doesn't count as a king size bed even though it takes up the same amount of space
Might wanna double check that, there could be something else you're missing in the room
>the castle entrance is four blocks wide, the central stair case is five blocks wide and the throne room door is three blocks wide
So... just change it yourself

I want to play this game and the first one so bad but I own neither a Switch, PS3, or PS4, nor can I emulate. Is there any game that even comes close?

crummy chrono trigger characters? they should have been dragfon ball z characters

blame the idiots from the 3rd island.
they built it.

oh yeah? wheres my favorites goku and android 13?

>and where are the pickles?

I loved the first one and probably never play it again because of DQB2.

How does a minecraft mod do a better job feeling like a huge memorable adventure than most games to come out recently? Do all Dragon Quest games have this much soul?

in your motehr

>So... just change it yourself

and move half of the castle over one block to keep it symmetrical? no thanks. I'll build my own from scratch somewhere and I won't let any of the faggot villagers in it, just my personal harem.

I like the way you think, you should build a new mountain to put it on too. Just make sure you don't invite Brittney.

Larping in minecraft.
Why not buying a PS4 or Switch? Not that expensive

Literally the same fucking artist

Is there any difference between the two worm foods besides the color of the grass?

the darker green one will eventually grow a shit ton of trees.

Attached: 73918153_p17 - ビルダーズ2まとめ2.jpg (800x800, 199K)

>Literally the same fucking artist
He didn't draw the designs in this game, bar the protag. The rest were drawn by a shadow artist that mimics his style.
Toriyama is getting really fucking old now and SE knows it. So they're prepping artists that can take over his work for series like DQ.

Today I work on remodeling my entire island, starting with green garden. Wish me luck I wanna build really cool shit and this will take a long long time.

Yes pretty much

I especially like this one but yeah they're mostly this soulful if not more.

Attached: 75430658_p0.jpg (1800x1424, 1.22M)

the deathcamp chapter is a bit out of place in an otherwise cheerful game.

Wait til you can recruit monsters and get a golem. You can break everything and level ground/mountains in seconds. You can still break objects and still pick them up in case your afraid of the golem destroying objects permanently

Just wait til the next island, you'll be a professional grave digger.

Does anyone know what the dlc hairstyles are?

seconding, the only one i've seen so far is the ponytail with the bangs for the girl.

youtube.com/watch?v=z47aGBwzJYc

Attached: 1347757299601.jpg (315x206, 16K)

What monsters should I go after? Just built the throne room in Lulutopia.

golem for breaking shit and making sand, killer robots for efficient farming, sabertooth for running fast, chimera for flying higher, zowie for making snow. The rest are kinda useless.

>Decide that I'll build a bridge between the central mountain and the desert area
>Go to the winter island to find a bridge
>Restore it and grab the blueprint
>Slap it so the bridge take exactly 4 tiles on the minimap
>It's too far away from the desert so the villagers won't build it
Crap, guess I'll keep that natural bridge instead (And check where the frontier is so I won't do the same mistake twice)

Be sure Wall’s are softwood and floor floor wood

What's the music playing there? I'm pretty sure I know it.

I was gonna go build stuff but now I'm all depressed seeing shit like this that I'll never get close to creating

oh boy, just you wait...

just keep building and you'll get better!
try copying others to get used to bigger things.

how does buildetopia work?

i get a set area to build but everytime i decide to go there i can choose the size artound it and the area type?

i backed out of going incase i was locked to one area theme

Attached: 1372829965971.png (376x445, 186K)

Is DQB2 as tutorial heavy as the first one? I remember the game being very charming but constant handholding and tutorial made me quit.

hhow do you activate the high room? I build one on the highest cliff and it still hasn't activated

Shhh, Anessa is sleeping.

Attached: D96KQY3U8AAA3mb.jpg (750x685, 100K)

Haven't played the first one but the game is extremely handholdy, you just got to get used to it.
Lots of tutorials too, especially early on. The game picks up pretty quickly during the first island though.
Still a really fun game, I haven't been this addicted to a game in a really long time. Easily my GOTY.

yes
it's okay user, you dont have to be the best builder and share all ur creations online. it isnt a competitive game. just make what makes u happy and what u find fun to build

You get an island similar to the explorer's ones but without any monster and you can build whatever you want on it.
You can change it at any time but it will remove the old one of course.

I'm playing through 1 right now because I'm autistic about release order, currently on third island in the Cantlin chapter.

How long is this game? I just saved my game and I just beat the big boss on the first island the baboon guy. My save files says 17:45. There's no way it took me 17 hours.

You beat roughly 1/4th of the game.
But once you finish the story it's all about making your own stuff until you get bored.

I just got to Malhalla. This is pure kino.

Goddamn I usually don't play games this long, but its really fun so far. Doubt I'd build anything. I just like the adventuring. Thanks.

Reason why Builders is good is because it's an Action RPG first and Minecraft second.
And because it has actual proper story and because the only things actually made out of blocks are terrain and walls while everything else has Toriyama art style proper 3D models.

so its like DQB1 where you have a set radius to build what you want and the area theme changes when you choose?

or you set a theme, build what you want and if you change the area theme everything including what you build is lost too?

Do you have any source to back that up?

>Dragon Quest
>Cheerful
Welcome to Dragon Quest, enjoy your stay.
Protip, it only gets darker from here on out.

thats the time of your console clock

i hate when games do that shit, i want to see my gameplay hours not what time i saved at

You mean Empire of Evisceration, right?

They better fucking make a DQ Builders 3 after this.

Attached: child of hargon.jpg (670x913, 98K)

Of course they will, and it will be DQ3 themed so we can expect some real fucking kino.

You know this game looks great and all and I might even get it but there is one thing that bothers me...
Can you change the main character's hair style

No, but you can change color and wear a variety of headwear.

Do I have to beat/play DQB1 to get this?

Not really but it's a good game and if you want to play it you're better off doing it before you get spoiled by the improvements in 2.

I'm at the point where the Scare Force invades like every 2 minutes? How do I stop them before they trash my base? It's really getting annoying.

Then it's shit.
1/10 "They only had one haircut"

>Malroth actually kept the first club you gave him

Attached: 74677336_p6.jpg (2048x1536, 655K)

I was hoping he'd keep the axe. The hell am I supposed to do with it?

Green Garden villagers are constantly busy taking care of the the gargantuan farm I created. But after the pyramid and castle are the built the other villagers don't have much to do and just walk around randomly after shitting and eating. What rooms should I create to keep the entire populace busy with chores?

Attached: 1429673039239.png (321x281, 185K)

he's saying you can wear wigs, which work as hats. you don't need the goku hair.

I was angry that they just left the other slaves to rot and die. You're heroes! Save them!

Of course i know how to build a castle kakkarot! i AM the prince of all saiyans!
*accidentally half of the castle by placing a block too hard*

Attached: Vegeta-02.jpg (1240x1654, 1.08M)

Man I fucking love Arisplotle and N04H, I love the dumb mannerisms they give monsters in these games.

I put my own bed in Babs' room.

Attached: 1480924431406.jpg (1680x943, 191K)

god fucking damn it, i labor like a dog breaking shit with my lv1 hammer after first island to start a bit on my main one
took ages to get some even ground to build and grow shit, i know for sure they will give me some strong shit later on but i don't want my villagers doing nothing and sleep in the wild

Started to plan out my build for my island so I went around with a bell to test out the borders of the regions. Holy shit is green gardens fuck huge. It basically runs from the mountain edge near the steppe and goes east all the way up the mountains there then south till it practically touches the desert. The other areas I assume are just as huge.

I turned around at the end and smashed open all their cells

>Vegeta
Malroth would be Beerus

I just saw a screenshot of someone holding an angel fish and a fishing rod. I beat the story and only just found out that this game has fishing in it what the fuck

Make it a mall with store and food courts with a roller coaster

DLC but adds fishing, aquariums, new what'squests, and the island to fish on

Oh shit I was under the impression that the DLC was just "here's some new blocks to play with, go nuts." Guess I gotta buy the season pass then.

I found a wild silver golem. How to friend!?

Kill it over and over until it decides to be friends.

Can you believe it? Soon as I asked that question it wanted to be friends. Figures.

That's lucky, man. All I've gotten is a red and blue slime and two sabrecats.

Also fucking ghosts killing all my chickens.

Yeah wizards killed my cows. Fuck those wizards.