Remember when this guy and his contemporaries were considered the "next big thing/visionaries" in video games...

Remember when this guy and his contemporaries were considered the "next big thing/visionaries" in video games? What happened?

Attached: Phil_Fish.jpg (300x168, 6K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw
twitter.com/cactusquid/status/1147211267939164160
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

huh? what do you mean what happened?
indie games are bigger than ever and just get bigger and bigger by the year

They got killed by their egos and tainted the image of indie games.

That picture never fails to make me laugh

give me a quick rundown

remember when indie games used to refer to a total of like 12 games offered on humble bundle

They never were. Stop being revisionist.

>remembering the POLARIS fuckup
Is there a more memorable goobergate event? Every eceleb was involved in this

Their games just suck

Sentient soi makes a shitty game. Doesn't have it in him to make another one and has a tantrum. Never heard from again.

They weren't, they just framed their dumb fuck asses that way.

Gamergate.
But its not the heroic or terrible thing people say.
It was just a internet recreation of roadrunner, where some retards on Yea Forums (roadrunner) said words such as "it's about ethics in video game journalism" just to have the rich starbucks hipsters (coyote) use all their influence and power to try to quash and destroy anonymous people with nothing to lose.
Rinse and repeat until the roadrunner is no longer there, but the coyote is still trying to quash it down.

Wouldn't tweeety and sylvester be a better comparison.

>Blow's next project, tentatively titled Game 3, is scheduled to be a twenty-year development period, broken into episodic, individual playable games, each related thematically and deepening in investigation of subject matter for each chapter.
Are you guys ready for the Boyhood of gaming?

Literally who? You fucking fags prance about on the daily thinking your little hivemind echochamber consisting of 3 people, you included, represents the entirety of Yea Forums. Go fuck yourself dickhead or start actually having some fucking substance in your fucking SHITposts.

Fez isn't shitty. It's like a 8/10

Probably not.
They're on the same league of "gadgets", while roadrunner is just a retarded bird that goes "meep meep", while coyote is the one with infinite money cheat that still fails to capture the dumb bird.

youtube.com/watch?v=yKUGwlFJAHw

based

pls user don't remind me how shit humble has become

Brush up on your reading comprehension, then come back.

He chocked on his own dick

Did people honestly believe that the whole "Humble" shit was gonna last? Look at "don't be evil" Google. When are nerds going to figure out that the fairer a company looks on the surface the more nefarious their long term goals are?

>"tee hee, we're the GOOD guys! XD"

It has exactly zero replay value. Nothing ever happens in the game. You collect cubes. Done. No other challenges outside of the inane puzzles, that once figured out lose all the allure.

>see? we're funny.

Attached: 1554516918238.jpg (600x342, 111K)

Indie circlejerk is just indie circlejerk

these fucking idiots in the comment section

Attached: ffags.png (1225x595, 84K)

He was always irrelevant and just happened to know people and had his game hyped for years before release for literary no reason
I was disappointed at where jonathan blow end up tho
Braid was a legit good game with great art, puzzle mechanics, ost and the story was neat
The Witness was just full retarded cynical and pretentious "not a game" shit, it may as well be procedurally generated by a AI
>b-but that was the point
the true hallmark of a garbage piece of media
"It's supposed to be shit cuz maeks u think"

Attached: 1544545415162.jpg (701x670, 49K)

So how did you figure out the monolith puzzle?

they put 500 of the exact same 2d pixel games on steam and they all went bankrupt

Phil Fish was just autistic as fuck, he never realized how pompous or arrogant he was until some journalist straight up said it.

it's a puzzle game. did you play a puzzle game expecting the puzzles to be randomized?

SUCK

Takayama is bluepilled as fuck

GAMERS happened
These toxic neckbeards kill anything progressive

"You are either a feminist or a bigot" is not something gaming really needed.

Indie marketplaces became democratized. Now there's a dozen new indies on every console's online storefront every week, and ten times that on Steam.

How much is some arrogant headass faggot worth when there's someone with a far more benign and tolerable personality making a better game.

His contemporaries are other indie devs, no?

Damn, Phil Fish looks like THIS now!?

Attached: Ren_bandcamp_old (1).jpg (500x643, 85K)

I was in the falseflag thread he did on Yea Forums, where he was pretending to be an angry fan. That self-own is something that I think every once in a while, and the reason I am more careful every time I post an image.

get real baitster, i dont know shit about game development and even i know phil fish by his stupid soi trapezoid mouth and retarded twitter posts

SUCK MY DICK, CHOKE ON IT

Time passed and bullshit became obvious even to the proles? Same as all bullshit.

why did he quit fez 2 Yea Forums?

His work horse probably left him. he was just the idea game in the first game.

I can still replay Myst. I'm never touching Fez again

Remember when he said Japanese games suck and that developers need to get with the times. That sure aged like vintage vinegar.

Remember when Phil Fish's friend tried to out Zoe Quinn for sexual harassment and Fish responded by telling him he didn't want him at his wedding?

Attached: sexual harassment.png (562x978, 175K)

Kyle Gabler still delivers.

what became of hotline miami developers?

Attached: 1538846667699.jpg (255x200, 10K)

twitter.com/cactusquid/status/1147211267939164160

Google drones are the worst. Good riddance for all those millenial tech geeks now addicted to pills and heroin in silicon valley.

Post it desu.

More like half of their staff are unskilled pajeets. That's why half of their shit runs like the plumbing system in India

Attached: 1506117593449.gif (390x219, 1.91M)

go watch Indie Game the Movie

>too young
seething boomer. Must feel bad to be on the wrong side of history

Nice revisionism.

because their entire appeal was "not like the publishers" until they turned out to be just as greedy on top of being literal communist entryists lol

No, specifically the other people who branded themselves as 'auteur' developers

The market became oversaturated
In 2009 the indie scene was dominated by a small collective of "auteurs" and other indies were still struggling making games in Flash and Game Maker
In 2019 indie games are flooding Steam and ios/android app stores and things like crowdfunding and unity have made it easier than ever.

>Tim Schafer
>K.G. Inafune

Like Toby Fox?

I've seen more GaaS from AAA companies than from indies.

This is profound wisdom from the crab. Indians may have a certain "intelligence", but they suck at any form of neat disposal or resolution. Their plumbing and their code are two manifestations of the same inability to cope with waste.

Attached: 1531924195470.jpg (588x730, 82K)

>fish mouth
But why?