Etrian Odyssey III

Why haven't you played the greatest JRPG ever made?

Attached: 9cae084ed1ccc9cba66ef47ee56bcb6e.png (1302x1800, 1.8M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-VxCm2JcKug&list=PL52C40159A7DDB8FA
youtube.com/watch?v=wrJcrGnoY34
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I did and really enjoyed it. Got stuck on the second boss though, and it seems like I have to change my entire party just to hit him so I gave up rather than to suffer the grind.
Same as all EO games, really

Still have to play V and Neggsus

I keep reading about how it has no actual characters or interesting world and that puts me off

I really want to get into the series but I hate the first person battles so much. I started IV but haven't gotten too far yet.

Is there any way to keep the Hippogryph from oneshotting my party? Was told that going on the defensive was a meme and that I should focus on dmg, but bind+poison isn't fast enough to kill him before he decides to swoop down and take 4+ out in a single turn.
You are supposed to immerse yourself and just enjoy comfy and difficult combat. It is suprisingly relaxing to have story obligations mostly taken out.

I played every EO except Untolds, OP, you massive brain dead.

It does but they're just there to advance the already bare bones story. The focus is really on the dungeon crawling and team building

If you don't have a tank then the only way to stand a chance is with buff/debuffs and a lot of items.

I took a year off after reaching the 6 stratum and forgot everything about my party.

Lies, you just don't play as the predefined characters.
This series has storyfags like every other JRPG, don't be fooled by the people who try and trick you.

Once again I require to grind new characters to appropriate levels. Once again I give up.
I have begun to see the appeal of having a premade party

I've beaten all bosses
great game, best in series

Attached: eo3 Lindwurm guild.png (1280x193, 128K)

the games do have memorable characters and world building - but it's not the player who controls them. This is a big appeal of the series that you're not a chosen one but another humble adventurer, just like hundreds before you.

I'm playing 3 right now and it's my first introduction into the series. Currently on B2F and money seems to be literally impossible to come by.
>All these weapons and armor in the shop
>One weapon costs 3/4 of my total gold
>Still need to save to buy threads
>Still need to save to use the Inn
>Still need to save to buy potions

Real fucking annoying. Also, fuck having to draw walls who seriously enjoys that part? It's alright placing down indicators to where doors, chests, and harvest spots are but its such a massive waste of time literally drawing every wall.

I know you're in here Daniel

Make a party full of farmers stupid. When you turn in quests switch to them to give them the exp so you can level them up to get all the essential gathering skills

Attached: 1524692579345.png (462x900, 189K)

what makes this better than the others

serious question, since I was considering getting iv for the 3DS and then working my way through U1 U2 V and X.

It was my first JRPG noob

plz respond

Nothing, it's all the same shit. Just play whatever.

It's always mixed responses ranging from best story, to best music.

it's a damn good package - there's a solid challenge, good level design, fun classes to play around with, great asthetic, and arguably the best soundtrack in the series (though 4 is very close behind). Also, for a a DS game, there's a massive amount of content with all the bonus boos fights.

Attached: Abyssal_Shrine.gif (256x384, 79K)

Do just that, but refrain from playing the Story modes and go straight for classic in the untold games

why do people dislike the story modes so much? Isn't a kind of fun break in the monotony?

is there much of a difference starting with iii instead of iv?

Limited Class Options. Part of EO's charm is coming up with a team based on what portraits appeal to you the most and subsequently dying to the first random encounter.

No. You can start with either one and be totally fine

I love Etrian Odyssey. I kinda left Nexus unfinished after getting stuck at the Abyssal Princess. I don't think I can do anything without resorting to grinding, so I dropped it.

4 is the easiest game with the most dumb down dungeons ever. It's only so popular because it was most people's first game, it basically came out at the perfect time in the 3DS's life where there was literally not much else to play so it definitely attracted a lot of people that might not have even given the series a second look.

I plan on playing it at some point, is it the type of game where I have to start from the first or nothing will make sense?

I'll wait for the switch remake

Nah, there's hardly any story and all the games are stand alone but there are a few cameos you might miss out on, you can start from any one you want

It's grinding shit

Well I hope you like waiting a decade if it ever does happen

>just barely got into the series
>it's amazing and I'm trying not to burn myself out while Im just binge playing them all
>right when the series is dying out

I should have just picked it up sooner despite always hearing about it this past generation

>Not chosen one

Hard to say that when your guild is always the first one to get past the baby tier areas. Not to say its bad if you ask me, I love the series regardless but the little story it does have gets progressively more meh. 3 and 4 were overall the best in my opinion, story wise.

I hope it happens earlier, I'm tired of lugging my 3DS around along with my Switch.

None of the story's except 1's are worth anything. I don't see why everyone loves 3 so much either, multiple endings was not a good idea for these games.

But if 3 is the best one, does that mean there's no point in playing anything else?

I wanna fuck that robot.

3 and 4 are the best.

Attached: 15103196_p1.jpg (700x700, 427K)

Untold 2 is the best

Attached: 1508573667364.jpg (225x216, 44K)

But I already played EOIV, OP.

Attached: 1509079612741.jpg (588x800, 338K)

jrpg stories are so shitty that this is an advantage, not a disadvantage. the game sets out the bones of a story with good writing, nice localisation and memorable merchants and that's all you need. it's better off that you spend less than 1% of the game reading text.
it really is the best jrpg franchise, hands down
also the battle system shits on SMT's press turn (and derivatives) from a great height

Heros of Lagard is better

Attached: 1390717252349.jpg (264x324, 71K)

youtube.com/watch?v=-VxCm2JcKug&list=PL52C40159A7DDB8FA

The intro theme is still god tier and I listen to it all the time.

Attached: 1541641980182.png (400x400, 85K)

>coming back from a hard day's work farming seaweed
>go to sell your shit and then head back out
>chilling in the underwater hotel lounge
>this comes on
youtube.com/watch?v=wrJcrGnoY34
name (1) comfier moment in all of vidya

Don't worry much, the series is niche enough that you'll usually find discussion here and there.

Attached: EVEN IN THE FILENAME.gif (500x500, 11K)

Attached: 15103196_p0.jpg (700x700, 364K)

EO on switch fucking when?

Soon, unless they're still working on SMTV, in that case not for a long time.

I honestly forgot that was even a thing. Atlus surr does love to announce shit when it probably is still in planning

imagine just grabbing that exposed spine and hoisting her like she was a suitcase and watching her waggle her arms and legs while telling you to put her down

I'm going to put her down in my bed alright.

You wouldn't a robot

Attached: 1427330626945.jpg (599x800, 538K)

Oh yes I would. I would refuel her on my bed, make her wear sexy outfits and grope her at any moment when she expects it the least.

They're just hunks of metal user

Attached: 1242541237856589.jpg (700x900, 715K)

I totally would a robot. What are you, gay?

Attached: 1537247391768.jpg (500x800, 78K)

Pretty cute hunks of metal, I bet she looks pretty cute after getting a surprise cumshot on her cute metallic face.

>EOx7th dragon never

Attached: 1430715434956.png (671x512, 54K)

if its a robot why does it have a bellybutton

To lick it.

charging port obviously

Maybe the robots can reproduce, wouldn't that be funny? haha

I had fun playing it up to the endgame but I stopped on the second floor of the 6th stratum because by then the flaws of my noobie team (first eo game) became too apparent.
I considered maybe doing newgame+ for another ending and to retire my team but never really went through with anything.
I feel guilty.
Also got out of the habit of playing nexus too so haven't finished that either

Attached: 190123.gif (540x440, 37K)

What's your party?

I don't play JRPG's, I'm not a NEET.