POW HAHA

POW HAHA
You are browsing a tf2 thread

Attached: E48A425F-5D9C-49B1-90C6-D0F877821A7C.png (770x705, 290K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=0fCpAuxrQ_I
youtu.be/h8Sn4zqtADE
youtube.com/watch?v=mlt6EXMGlN8
youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8TXOmPR7uk4
twitter.com/AnonBabble

I use the knife and Christmas ornament bat on scout

>guys, should I cap?

Attached: 1544220614344.png (868x758, 401K)

>trying to do the airburst sticky meme
>do the absolute minimum damage even when it's as close as possible to the enemy
dunt like this

>entering the zone as a sniper
>getting a dozen headshots in 10 seconds
is there a better feel?
share war stories

Attached: 5d556e319a2cf3a7deec836d8d7b4c12.jpg (700x438, 39K)

150 hours playing this game and I just recently uninstalled it. The game was great in the beginning trying to figure out the gameplay on your own, but eventually you start to adapt to it. I just can't imagine playing this game for 1000 hours like what drives a person to fully commit on continuing to play it when you already accomplished everything.

Attached: 1529356166651.jpg (202x188, 9K)

Attached: engineer.webm (720x406, 2.91M)

casual would be infinitely better with class limits

inb4 roleplaying spy mains tell me to go back to the "o" game

because it takes a lot more than 150 to git gud

950 hours here, the community in a good good server keeps you up and running, when my favorite servers went down I just stopped playing for a good while, still burned out. You need to make friends to enjoy it after a point

Am I a bad class?

No zone is better than scout zone, user
>FaN because FuN
>every enemy is on the point except for one respawning engineer
>dodging everything forever with 3hp left knocking everyone off the point

Attached: intense flap.jpg (456x434, 100K)

>You need to make friends
And how do I do that?

>get kicked

I'm gonna pretend this comment isn't bait and say you're an idiot if you think you accomplished anything playing even a single class like Soldier for 150 hours, let alone the entire game.

Attached: 1461088655946.webm (853x480, 2.15M)

I love playing sniper in mvm with fully upgraded reload speed and the heatmaker. You can absolutely shred giant robots in focus mode., it's so fucking fun, and explosive headshots annihilate all the smaller ones.

post loadouts

Attached: 20190523145135_1.jpg (1920x1080, 171K)

Nice reading comprehension retard.

Any game is enjoyable with friends tho

150 hours is enough to get the gist of anything really. With that amount of hours you could already learn how to read Hiragana.

You have no reason to take more than say, 100 hours to learn Spy. He's the definition of a one-trick pony.

Attached: Scouttaunt3.png (599x599, 125K)

In my server the admin, the mods and the users were all in communion and often the same people frequented the servers. After a while the rivalries break down and you start recognizing and liking each other. Some of them are friends of the match, but some you keep around in Steam itself. Ever defeated someone in a duel but still friended? That's the kind of way you do it in all tf2 matches, the antagonism turns to respect

Oh yeah, that sure is some great TF2 discussion going on over there.

Attached: 000.png (607x620, 48K)

150 hours barely scratches the surface, sure you understand the mechanics of the game but you'll never have the kind of game sense that someone who has played for 1000+ hours has

Attached: file.png (641x154, 66K)

>hur lets just load up on a bunch of bright and expensive looking shit that doesn't mesh together or have any coherent direction

Stock Scout, everyone thinks you're a shitter for using the stock bat, so they make for easy pickings.

>I played 150 hours. Idk what drives a person to fully commit on continuing to play it when you already accomplished everything.
>you're an idiot if you think 150 = accomplishing everything
>nice reading comprehension
???

How do I get into TF2? I haven't played before and the game is so old that it feels like only veterans will play it at this point.

>the guy that spams lenny faces in chat and makes abhorrent posts that only he finds funny
Has Yea Forums collected that kind of a Steam friend yet?

this but with boston basher

sneed

you dont know anything about the game

nah most of the people who play it are dumb russian kids

>The absolute, totalitarian STATE of the tf2 market
What the fuck happened and why is an item you can buy on the steam store for 2 bucks now worth 40 fucking ref?

Attached: 1483655364827.jpg (768x960, 58K)

people are still shit at the game, join any pub and have even a faint idea of what you are doing and you can get above a fair amount of people on the board. soldier scout and pyro are probably the most beginner friendly. demo is also pretty easy once you get the timing down, or just sticky spam

the same as any other game, play it a lot, there's nothing wrong with getting beat every time you lose you learn something new
play medic, soldier, demo and scout only if you want to get good the other classes are worthless compared to those

because ref is worthless now dumbass

It wasn't always this way you know, back in my days you could count on one hand the ref it took for keys, now the same can be said about keys and buds. Could the crisis have ever been averted somehow?

>why is an infinitely generating resource with no use worth less than real money

Attached: mystery.jpg (480x360, 9K)

Hey Yea Forums,
yore
ugleh

Attached: yoreugleh.webm (500x640, 336K)

No because Valve used TF2 as a testing bed for experimenting with video game economies

They intentionally fucked with it just to see what might happen

not him, but proberly not, the more players play the game, the more items begin to exist reducing the value of the others

this is just "tf2.exe was on for" hours, not hours on server

>ruins your frames

Attached: 300px-TF2_Teleporter.png (300x199, 72K)

nah I close games because I dont like inflating my stats

what's the video source of this anyways

>the other classes are worthless compared to those
How so? Is something wrong with Heavy, or Pyro? I admit I find Spy very appealing in concept but he's a very situational class by design, so I understand that.

If you want to play, go ahead and download it. Also, more than half the players in any match are going to be bad, so you won't be the only one. I'd say TF2 is one of the more newbie-friendly multiplayer FPSs out there, not because of the community or anything, but just because of the design of the game alone. Matches are 12 vs 12, so it's not a big deal when you die.

If you really want to do your best out of the gate, though, play KOTH as your first gamemode. Matches are quick, the objective is simple, every class is viable, and anything you learn can be transferred over to other gamemodes. CTF is good too, and even more casual, but it has some issues.

Have fun!

anons, if you had power in Valve, what are 3 things you would to fix TF2 in it's current state?

Make tf3

they're all situational and the versatility of those classes and their damage output (besides medic) just makes them far superior. sure you can get good with heavy or pyro or engie, but you'll never be able to have the same influence on a game as a good medic, soldier ,scout or demo

unranked 6v6 matchmaking with class limits

Entering the zone as spy

GRANT US EYES

Attached: Capture.png (1919x1026, 308K)

Heavy's effectiveness is based almost entirely on whether or not he has a medic buttbuddy.
Pyro is weak in general and there's very little he does that another class couldn't do better.

>Build teleporter
>Right outside spawn
>Fully upgraded
>Leads right to the front lines
>Half the team just doesn't take it
>They'd rather take the 30 second trip and walk to where the fighting is
I don't fucking get it. I see this shit way too often.

Attached: 1503761484455.png (597x572, 530K)

F2ps are scum when it comes to this, I literally just pushed them into the teleporters back in the day, them and the afk bastards

youtube.com/watch?v=0fCpAuxrQ_I

You mean
>try to pull a trickstab
>fail
>die

>entering the zone with pre-nerf ambassador

Attached: 1557985758191.png (1136x640, 679K)

1)Bring back old pubs with team scramble, random crits, and all the maps. Matches only change maps when the server votes to.
2)Tryhard 12 vs 12 gamemode similar to original Casual mode from July, 2016. Stopwatch mode for A/D and Payload, no autobalance, and no team switching. If someone leaves, just fill in someone who's queueing.
3) Have daily contracts that are map-specific. One day, you might play on Yukon. The next, you might play some Badwater. Also, have contracts for all the weapons so newbies can temporarily use them, do weapon-specific objectives that help them learn how to use that weapon, and eventually unlock it permanently.
>bonus) Bring back spectator mode.

Attached: 1523989532486.png (675x1200, 1.13M)

i've been thinking about tf2 for a while, might be time to reinstall and sling some mini sentries

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (327x126, 9K)

spaceman pryo best pryo

Attached: 20190722211947_1.jpg (1280x960, 140K)

Attached: 20190722161415_1.jpg (1920x1080, 185K)

Mini sentries were nerfed pretty bad a few years back, sadly.

I only play Soldier and I only use black and yellow.

Attached: 000.png (515x391, 157K)

what skin is that?

Hazard Warning

Attached: 1561760058154.jpg (225x225, 3K)

I like my double pipes

Attached: loadout (2).png (1620x937, 429K)

Make Wrap Assassin not shit.

yea but i was slinging nerfed minis long after the nerf, i've only been away for over a year

the key to minis is to be relentless, they blow it up, drop another one, over and over and assist your team with pistol

you'll build up a ton of crits for your frontier justice from all those mini assists, then you go just wreck shit

nothing more annoying than an engi like this that can aim

manlet rampage

weird flex but ok

It's the most useful Scout melee. Change my mind.

I need to try this out with the Quick Build/Destroy Engineer script. I love loadouts that revolve around crits.

boston basher/three rune blade can build uber

>150 hours is enough to experience everyth-
youtu.be/h8Sn4zqtADE

>he doesn't wear his cheater's lament

Attached: 1520378347632.jpg (500x358, 67K)

Huh?

>he didnt idle

yeah, but i'm thinking more of 12 vs 12 pubs

blindpyro is fucking insane with the beggars

this was serious all along? I thought it was just making fun of melodramatic overhyped frag vids

have you already taken the blackpill that engie and medic harm the flow of the game and as such they should be removed?

Only if you change that to medic and sniper.

Every fucking time...I swear half the player base is 50iq retarded.

Hey Yea Forums
You're
beautiful

the bat deals more damage and has higher crit damage, you only really use your meele as scout if your scattergun and pistol are empty, in the situation i'd rather have the extra 35% damage than the chance to do about 60 bleed
hitting people with it when they run away after you meatshot them is based though

>sniper will never be removed
>deadringer will never be removed
>bb and conch will never not stack
>huntsman will never be removed
>sandvich will never be removed
>demoknight shit will never be removed

Attached: 1518470568603 (2).png (410x728, 224K)

TF2 is literally perfectly balanced among the classes. A team with 4 engis will have a weak frontline and lose if the attacking team isn't equally stupid. A team with 6 snipers/spies will also have a weak frontline and lose just the same. If you think engis and medics make it too hard to push an objective, your team just sucks. I'd much rather face 4 engis than 4 Soldiers/Demos.

that was nerfed like 5 years ago

While the salt is delicious a halo is fucking boring.

>TF2 is literally perfectly balanced among the classes
But Spy only serves to die.

>Prussian Pickelhaube
This hat is so underrated it hurts

You can remove yourself though.

All this whining and you still neglect to remove the one truly OP and annoying weapon in the game. For shame.

Attached: 1561619541433.jpg (244x207, 6K)

You are right about that, Spy is the only class that needs a buff. As a solution, I propose to add more weapons to his "Sapper" slot that aren't sappers. Sometimes there aren't any engis on the enemy team (as is usually the case on gamemodes like Control Point and Koth, as well as low player counts like 6 vs 6). Give him a device that can be planted on wall and gives teammates wallhacks for 10 seconds.

post your medal, you did start playing before the game went f2p right?

Attached: file.png (316x69, 9K)

TF2 is not fucking hard to learn. It's easy if you have someone teaching you all the hidden mechanics the game doesn't fucking explain anywhere.
>friend went from bottom fragging to pubstomping in a week after I gave him a better config and taught him how to airstrafe and rocket jump

why does the shovel reward people with crits for effortless rocket jumps?

when did I say it was hard to learn? medic/soldier/scout/demo have a high skill ceiling and you wont master them in 150 hours

>Spy is the only class that needs a buff
uhhh pyro?

the only thing spy needs is getting the backstab hitboxes fixed

Spy is going to be shit at top level play by design. With every other class, they have specific weaknesses that the player themselves can address. Scout is weak to sentries, so a good Scout can listen for when a sentry is nearby and wait for their teammates to take care of it. Pyro is weak to long ranged attacks, so a good Pyro can stick with the team and play support or find narrow paths to ambush people in. With Spy, his weakness is the other player's competence. This isn't something that the Spy player can really affect. If everyone on the enemy team knows to watch their backs, keep track of their teammates, communicate, and listen for decloak sounds, the Spy's job is much harder and there isn't much he can do but sit around and hope that they let their guard down. At that point you might as well just go Sniper or Scout if you want to pick people off.

I'd say Pyro and Heavy needs reworked a little, but not straight up buffed.

is dealing with cluttered inventory still a thing? do i still have to break down all the junk into scraps and deal with limited space?

Pyro is a free kill against anyone with a brain.

>This isn't something that the Spy player can really affect. If everyone on the enemy team knows to watch their backs, keep track of their teammates, communicate, and listen for decloak sounds, the Spy's job is much harder and there isn't much he can do but sit around and hope that they let their guard down.
A person can only keep track of so many things, if you arrange for your team to make a push so that the enemies are busy they should be easier to catch as they'll have to focus on someone else.
I believe that Spy relies more on team tactics than people give him credit for, always the loner going on his own.

Yes.

I feel like Spy can still work in other ways as a kind of Covert Ops class. His sapper slot needs more choices.

i think it's because it doesn't combine with too many cosmetics desu. the scourge fits nicely but it only got added last year

1.500 h here, it's just unlimited fun

Attached: 1550168780523.jpg (256x256, 13K)

Just buff the Dragon's Fury to make it usable and I'll be happy. The projectiles were broken on release because they were hitting people behind you and shit but they didn't need to make them as small as they did. The main reason why people cried that it was OP was because everyone and their mothers was using Pyro when the update dropped. Even in its original form, competitive players weren't too impressed by it. Make the projectile bigger and tone down (or completely remove) the airblast penalty. It's already balanced by how it prevents Pyro from spychecking efficiently, damaging a lot of people in a single area, and missing a single shot makes you a sitting duck until you can fire again. Also please fix how the projectile causes mini lag spikes

He could become some sort of Saboteur, sabotaging not just buildings but other players as well. He's too 1-on-1 for his own good, and even then he doesn't excel at that because of his fragility.

It needs to be in their line of sight otherwise they won't notice it

I can really only see that working when pushing last, and even then you could still use Sniper

I just hope that your teleporters are actually good and not just funneling teammates into a single flank

Which is what happens in HL and spy still isn't particularly impressive.

Attached: 20190224154924_1.jpg (1280x600, 72K)

i really like purple

Attached: loadout.png (390x466, 138K)

What do we do, then? The Spy is niche by nature, he's based on tricking people, but he has to have something he can do better than others in high level play.

>you only really use your meele as scout if your scattergun and pistol are empty
If you're no fun, yeah. I have a killstreak festive fish and fuck if I'm not pulling it out at every chance I get.

Attached: scout oh.jpg (619x626, 41K)

>entering the zone with POST-nerf ambassador

Attached: cc0.png (944x849, 645K)

I don't really know what can be done. He's already frustrating enough for new players. He'd need some sort of buff that would benefit him in competitive play but wouldn't affect him much in casual play

is there any youtuber more based than him ?

Attached: pvlS-4To.png (512x512, 144K)

Buff gun spy.
>just go Scout then since Scout does it better
I don't see it that way. Being able to go invisible, uncloak in a good spot, and 3 shot a medic or damaged Soldier is pretty strong. Also, I'm talking about high level play in general, not just 6s.

Attached: 000.png (874x569, 266K)

>AND I DONT WANNA BE A FAGGOT ANYMORE
>SUCKING COCK IS ALL THAT KEEPS ME OUT ON THE FLOOR
>WHY DID MY YOUTUBE CHANNEL DIE
>I THINK IM GONNA SHID AND CRY

Attached: images (6).jpg (204x248, 10K)

What about buffing his base mobility? Not to Scout levels but given how he's all about reaching that back he's surprisingly slow. Spy has problems getting out too, so it should help with that.

Attached: 1531372127278.png (312x220, 20K)

Make his revolvers less shit
Give him new support abilities

>+ 30% more damage
>+ Uncloak 20% faster
>- 40% slower firing speed
>- Cloak 50% slower/Cannot cloak for a second after firing
This makes Spy better at picking off one or two key targets quickly after getting into position, which is what he typically does in comp, but would probably not be seen a lot in casual play as the slower cloak would make it much harder to escape, and the lower firing speed means that if you have to fire more than a few shots (like if there are a lot of people around) it'll eventually do less dps than stock
The numbers are basically made up so don't worry about that part

Tries too hard to be funny
His older videos are much better

GIVE SPY THE GRAPPLING HOOK
>unique mobility option
>potential for flashy plays and trick stabs
>gives spy a higher skill ceiling and a more generalist playstyle

Attached: 1562900220209.png (478x244, 133K)

>enter the zone as heavy with a quick fix medic up my ass
the quick fix is the literal best medigun, prove me wrong

>Going off inside my base with a teammate Soldier
>Scout comes out of nowhere
>Attacks me first even though there's a soldier taking out his health
>Scouts kills me but the soldier kills him soon after

The scout IQ is very impressive

Attached: 1530589841626.png (540x663, 492K)

That actually sounds really neat

Were you medic?

Spy-derman

sniper

Attached: heavy loadouts.png (1480x1390, 762K)

Lmao this thread is pathetic, Overwatch killed TF2 years ago.

>Uncle Dane in A
Fruit shop owner

Attached: 31E322E0-1AC9-4826-A797-7530A93A6F25.png (150x342, 67K)

VALVE HIRE THIS MAN

Have you seen this man lately?

Attached: tyler.jpg (423x544, 43K)

No time to think, gotta go fast.

I have more fun making than actually playing

Attached: sdk.png (639x203, 66K)

>tfw I traded a m9 blue steel for a fucking unusual taunt that was rated 50 keys but collapsed to 10 keys within 2 months

Attached: 7b9.jpg (326x326, 16K)

Attached: iosef iostar.png (608x928, 263K)

Thoughts on Soldier mains

yo

dawg

the

enter

key

isnt

supposed

to

be

used

that

dumb

Why do engineers leave their teleporter up even when the enemy team is camping the tele for free kills

*drops behind you out of nowhere and kills you, your medic, and anyone standing next to you*

Attached: 5E6A1D32-681D-451A-A85F-00EB24B4E56B.png (250x216, 69K)

*uses entire ammo reserve in one airblast*

Attached: 1550598500756.png (1308x733, 1.23M)

*turns 1 degree and denies you your crits*

>53.44 - 53.55

>snowycoast right after blu caps first point
>we still hold choke so i switch to sniper and go onto the building in the back
>haven't played in months so was trying to get back into the groove
>headshot kill 7 enemies, completely stopping their push
>a demo uses sticky jumper just to jump over and kill me
This reminded me why TF2 is my favorite game of all time

Attached: 1561873470086.png (753x606, 675K)

>drops behind you out of nowhere

doubtful

Attached: 1558357839595.png (350x352, 125K)

Such is the life of the “””””””flank class””””””” known as Pyro

chads of tf2

Ignore the Uber propaganda, the Kritzkrieg is the best medigun in all situations. Everyone at my work agrees.

Attached: 1.png (250x151, 44K)

Mains in generel are pathetic, if you cant switch to help your team win just because you are a 1 class diva you deserve the kick

Attached: 5da.jpg (1000x1002, 170K)

It’s very possible to do on Egypt, Hightower with the Jetpack, and the ambush pyro heaven known as Turbine

The most important things to remember when playing Ambush Pyro are that no one ever looks straight up and to learn to wait for a target that doesn’t have anyone following them. You’re most likely going to die after pulling something off if not before, so try to take out as many people as possible with you and try to go for groups like heavies with pocket medics, especially when they’re distracted by another group of enemies
Also learn alternate routes and places where you can detonator jump or jet pack to

>blindly spam down a choke
>get 50 kills and 50 assists in one life

Attached: 1546375127385.png (522x559, 320K)

That'd be fine if you were talking about any other class, but soldier can do anything and is useful in literally any situation.

Oh and consider equipping the backscratcher for the buff to heals from healthpacks, especially on larger, more open maps where you can afford to roam

Krietzkrieg is great in certain situations

>tfw pretty much used the vaccinator exclusively for years with a friend of mine and can break most games with it

>hey soldier can you heal that burning scout real quick

really hate that type of "suicidal" players. usually common with pyros that chase you in the 2fort bridge and end up mangled by a sentry

Oh hey it's the autist who gets triggered every time someone says main.

>wasting time healing a scout in a pub who's just going to feed the enemy engineer kills

Undo the Dead Ringer nerf

>what are health packs

>t. all-lowercase single-word username with as many unusuals crammed onto their soldier as physically possible, australiums, etc. and neon paint because being flashy and attention grabbing > aesthetic

Personally I’ve “mained” all of the classes at one point or another
At some point you realize you like some of the stuff that all the classes have and it’s more of a preferred playstyle you have than anything

no

the point is that soldier cant heal
>inb4 muh conch

And what if I'm Medic main?

i dont play comp so i dont give a fucking shit about team composition, i'm playing to have fun. if we win we win, if it stalemates then it's team deathmatch, and if we lose i move on.

PS you're autistic

Baby fags

Attached: as.png (611x176, 53K)

weird flex but ok

its a joke guys, jfc

Attached: 1560869900770.png (750x746, 558K)

Help, which team do I join? Match is about to start.

Attached: 1562900220209.png (1074x567, 189K)

The fuck does that even mean child? Go post that crap on myspace.

Attached: iuhjoi.png (585x589, 484K)

i haven't played tf2 in fucking years but i have a desire to give it a chance again, are there any significant buffs or nerfs i should be aware of going back into it?
i pretty much stoped playing around the time they added matchmaking

>Mister Rogers
RED for sure

Don't need heals when you can just kill everything yourself and jump to medkits

>1. Nerf/Change the stock Stickybomb launcher to make it more of a middle of the road weapon in comparison to the offense based Quickiebomb Launcher and defense based Scottish Resistance
>2.Buff the Grenade launcher to compensate for it (Either 6 ammo per clip or a faster projectile speed that's faster than it is now but still slower than the Loch N' Load's)
>3. Reduce the Snipers quickscope headshot damage to 140

Attached: HamMan.png (750x750, 802K)

Screenshots?

Attached: Here we see a brutal gang related killing. The remaining blu cries for mercy. His please fall on dea (1280x600, 189K)

>myspace
hello boomer, how's your congestive heart failure coming along

>todd howard as a spy
go blu

Attached: 1540181504081.jpg (255x269, 9K)

Last comic when?

Attached: Medic.png (1024x768, 1.35M)

Pocket chad of course

Still waiting for that heavy update

Attached: aiportraits_1563625439.jpg (512x512, 13K)

Never EVER

The item sets’ bonuses got added to the items that constituted them
Dead Ringer got nerfed
Ambassador got nerfed
The way flamethrowers work got changed
Pyro has a jet pack now
Shortstop has a shove mechanic
The demo man shields got some changes
Soldier is the best class in the game still
Pee rifle does pee explosion on headshot

>Nerf the stickybomb launcher
Demo is not overpowered stop playing dustbowl

>those names
>the russian
>those team comps

is this a pub allstar game

Attached: 1539559534515.jpg (448x473, 26K)

I'm doing fine thank you very much. Doc says I should cut out alcohol and shitposting completely but what does he know? A few shots of DP and a few angry rants wont hurt any body. its better now than a decade ago when I was in my teens, man oh man id stay up late having arguments and flamewars..hah I kinda miss those days but you do what you can to stay alive, least for my wifes sake. Take care young man.

Attached: puddin.jpg (1280x1506, 341K)

>is still in high school
>"yeah i played quake"
>does a four rocket pogo to get ten yards away from spawn
>walks to the front with less than 50 HP
>picks up all ammo and health packs (nobody else on his team matters anyway)
>rounds a corner
>dumps his entire magazine into the floor if there's an enemy there
>"hehe, just like in quake"
>rocket jumps away when the present circumstance does not 100% favor him
>mashes MEDIC bind all game for a pocket
>cries in allchat if he doesn't get one
>would sooner disconnect than play medic himself
>his primary is a toenail mortar; does not aim at enemies off the ground or directly hit them
>if you point this out he'll try, fail and then resume aiming exclusively at feet
>class he most reliably kills are F2P machina snipers and spies who dont know what cloak or disguise kit is
>between waiting to respawn yet again and refreshing Soundsmith's youtube page he realizes there's only 5 minutes left in the mission
>decides to live in a building & brap on anybody who wanders in
>game ends with him nowhere near the point
>wont play next round unless he wins because this team sucks
>distant "played quake btw" as he disconnects

Attached: 1539493604886.png (900x900, 457K)

Pyro has a jetpack and a projectile primary, both of which are mediocre. Autobalance is back. Here's all the balance changes you missed in the Pyro Update.

Attached: 1562900220209.png (529x4519, 2.8M)

Attached: file.png (1357x576, 559K)

Attached: Screenshot (96).png (1920x1080, 287K)

>tfw they took the sandman cleaver combo

Attached: eye see.png (905x775, 556K)

>"This is a bucket."

Attached: file.png (1351x651, 522K)

>Pocket medic butt buddies
>Pootis Heavy
>Hashtags
>Pepe
>fnaf
I didn't even need to look at the other team.
BLU
>Grrl gamer trying for attention
>

Attached: qwer.png (348x604, 62K)

>"Dear God.."

Attached: file.png (1356x573, 812K)

this is art

All they'd have to do is add back the "crits stunned players" attribute. People can still shoot their weapons and move while stunned, but if the scout can nail the combo before you kill him, that takes skill and should be viable.

>"There's more."

Attached: file.png (1358x581, 355K)

>they took away my braindead heavy killing combo
boohoo

I know that he isn't overpowered. I just think that Demo doesn't need 2 primary weapons.

Attached: Killstreak.png (239x422, 107K)

soldier is the big ezmode class along with pyro and tomislav-sandvich heavy, the only difference is the latter two know they're on ezmode and soldiers pretend like they take skill despite having some of the best mobility yet second highest HP count, one of the most bullshit weapon combos in the game, and huge splash damage making it so they dont have to aim not to mention instakilling the entire enemy team effortlessly as long as they spam enough to get out a random crit. and on top of that it's valve's pet class so it will never, ever be treated poorly

they're like spoiled rich suburban kids that try to act level with others; it's cute, but they've never known any actual hardship nor worked a day in their lives so they can't be equal no matter how much they try

only thing worse is medics that try to act like badasses, at least the shittiest most w+m1 gibus pyro is actually playing the game and getting his own kills, even if they're few in number, rather than hiding behind others and leeching off them

>"No..."

Attached: file.png (1351x574, 622K)

Would you rather have a game with dumb "OP" shit or a bunch of weak, useless shit

stfu, it was fun on the orange map and required 2 curving projectiles to hit

How would you
>1. Make the heavy not complete ass to play if you aren’t already winning
>2. Return the Pyro to their intended playstyle of being an ambush-heavy close-quarters combatant instead of just W+M1

everytime

Attached: 1563591900317.gif (327x240, 1.97M)

>Yfw new weapons for all classes come out suddenly without warning

Attached: 1563488410999.jpg (596x459, 71K)

Attached: 1563041865451.jpg (467x534, 40K)

They’d all be shit or break the game completely
Probably a little of both
Heavy’s weapons would be basically a weapon he already had with a useless gimmick added on

This is the only gripe I have with compfags. A good player should be able to overcome any situation and win. Enough with the class and weapon limits bullshit. If you lose a fight, it's your fault. Period.

Both impossible without completely changing the design of the class and their weapons.

I want a medigun that gives ammo but heals less

>it's valve's pet class
Isn't that supposed to be Heavy?

They should buff the caber so it either recharges over time or you get it back if you walk over a large ammo pack, I wanna do dumb shit with it without having to run back to spawn all the time.

Attached: caber.png (357x475, 51K)

1) Give Heavy the Soldier's banners
2) Make Pyro's jetpack its own 4th slot.

Attached: 1563521324705.jpg (512x512, 28K)

I hope we get a battle royale mode

Heavy is the face of TF2 but not the best treated.

who wants to tell him

The Caber needs random crits to be viable. Give it random crits again.

mate if you only have 150 hours you didn't even experience "the beginning" let alone the current game
why am i replying to this

Its called 32/32 players 24/7 ctf_2fort

>what is Arena Mode

wacky deathrun

Attached: 20190226211504_1.jpg (1176x664, 214K)

this is why you aren't in charge

Your screenshot looks like it came right out of a shitty dell prebuilt circa 2009

Attached: 1556651958845.jpg (500x364, 29K)

so its aesthetic

People still play this shit? It's over, Valve abandoned you.

Attached: TF2 in 2019.png (1651x1051, 1.79M)

1. Ecomic sink for metal, like a super rare chance to craft a golden weapon when using refined
2. "Turn off" button for cosmetics
3. Actual competetive

Attached: 1561809175215.jpg (679x953, 110K)

Fuck valve for removing quickplay. I started playing in a new account and finding games in any alternative mode except hightower is impossible. I pity whoever started playing after MYM.

>random crits
you are either
1-trolling
2-a guy who never actually played the game
nobody will ever be able to convince me that the genuinely thing random crits are a fun mechanic

yeah i took it with my lenovo notebook months ago lol. i got a slightly better pc

Two of the fastest projectiles in the game against the slowest class in the game with the sandman making the second shot easier

Scout is already a very strong class even without the combo. Learn to play him properly instead of relying on a crutch.

>random crit to something that basicaly OS
what could a crit add ? delete the game to the receiver

Attached: 1544840464932.jpg (267x189, 7K)

Nah

I mean, I'm against random crits, but it's just a fact that melee weapons benefit from crits the most, and there's no reason to use any melee weapon that doesn't have them. Why use a caber when you can crit someone for 195 HP 50% of the time if you're halfway decent?

How would you feel if they added a weapon that recreated the passtime heavy speed glitch (to an extent)

Attached: movie night.jpg (1280x720, 243K)

Is the most aesthetic start menu of all time?

Attached: 1547417346757.png (1680x1050, 1.47M)

>try to report an aimbot's steam profile
>error

Valve's incompetence is comical

>t. Has never played against a 6s scout
Scout is the scariest class in the game in the hands of highly skilled players

>reporting people for VAC shit

i love that start menu so much
it's really empty ngl, but the art really makes me feel at home for some reason

That art is still in the game, I've seen it in loading screens a few times

maybe theyre looking at something funny that someone sprayed on the ceiling

>simplistic, no-bullshit old source game main menus
i'm feeling it

Attached: 1Rh4yiZ.jpg (660x496, 53K)

>people who complain that playing scout is tryhard
>people who complain about dying to w+m1
>people who complain about phlog
>people who complain about huntsman
>people who call you a shitter based on the blackbox while you dominate them
>people who complain about deadringer still
TF2 is a goldmine for tears, I love it, no other game gives me the same satisfaction.

Attached: 1352151244576.jpg (146x143, 5K)

>It's really empty
That's not a bad thing

The Black Box one is my favorite. I rarely use it because it's fucking worse than stock, but when I do, the salt mines pour in about how it's OP.

One day I’ll learn how to airblast reliably
And then you’ll see
YOU’LL ALL SEE

The spy should be as fast as the heavy but change walk speed to whatever they disguise as
The heavy should be as fast as the Pyro, maybe a little slower

Thats what I love about tf2, people will complain about you gimping yourself and then winning. Same with pyro, its such a shitty class you shouldn't have a problem with it unless its some 32 player chaos. Its hilarious.

>equip the piss rifle for cheap bodyshots on hightower
>taunt after every kill
>bathe in trolldier tears

Attached: 1562545045737.gif (320x240, 1.85M)

Are the actually people who don't check their kills after they kill a spy to see if he DRd

I don´t have to check, killsounds don´t play when it´s a DR

Yep, the only weapon that annoys me is the Vaccinator, but even then, if you die it's your fault. Stop whining and get good, basically.

There should be more maps with water so I can be a Pyroshark more

Based

>if you die to an invincible player it's your fault

Sit down, chump.

Attached: Capture.png (250x105, 32K)

Not everything is something you can control, but it's still the attitude you should take when it comes to life. Maybe a better word is "responsibility" rather than fault.

>taunt after every kill you get with the FaN
the gift that keeps giving.

What's the best taunt for abusing third person viewmodels?

>but it's still the attitude you should take when it comes to life
if you're a retard or a christfag maybe

Isn’t high 5 the fastest?

>Want to use airstrike but cant aim for shit and like to spam 2fort so I dont get much air time

whaddya think of my papa pyro loadout, son

Attached: loadout.jpg (1024x600, 80K)

Very noir

Nice fedora faggot

It’s a 50’s dad
It’s ok for them to wear fedoras
I just wish pyro had a pipe cosmetic to wear with it that wasn’t tied to an astronaut helm

neither team has greg
its anyones game

>soldier
>aim

I did not know you could jump over the sign at that first choke there. Huh.

You still have to track to some extent with airstrike and my aim is THAT bad, shaky as fuck

Use the Beggar’s then, lol

A million years from now.

Begger is terrible though

TF2 needs a gameplay update so it becomes playable again and balanced
Fortunately, I know how to fix TF2:
>Only 6v6 games in matchmaking
>Turn off random crits
>No duplicate classes in matchmaking
>Heavy has to reload his minigun
>Everyone gets infinite ammo
>Only payload, koth and attack/defense as matchmaking modes
>Remove trading
>Add competitive rewards so more people play it
>Engineers turret upgrades automatically to lvl 2, but deals less damage
>Dispenser and tele removed
>Spy has infinite cloak and cannot instakill backstab anymore, his main damage is now his revolver
>Rocketjump gets dedicated button and doesn't do damage. It has a cooldown
>Stickyjump gets a dedicated button and doesn't do damage to yourself. It has a cooldown
>You get removed from game if you afk more than 30 secods
>Crouch jump gets removed
>Scout's doublejump gets removed
>Bonk! has a dedicated button with a cooldown
>Jarate has a dedicated button with a cooldown
>Jetpack has a dedicated button with a cooldown
>Every class has only one weapon, melee weapons have been turned into quick-melees which have their own dedicated button
>Air strafing gets removed
>B-hop gets removed
>Every 4-6 months a new class is introduced that completely breaks the meta for 1-12 months

Given how they've dealt with GRU and Eviction Notice, Valve absolutely hates the idea of giving Heavy more mobility

>stary in cancer
He made all of MrPaladin's fans uber butthurt forever. That alone should land him in A.

Attached: 1545841850250.png (1280x738, 1.73M)

What about Bearded expense

Hey guys Soundsmith here with a new episode of Ethnic Stereotypes

>no CasualTF2

>Stary in cancer
>Mr"Butterknifing is ok"Paladin in A
Found the butthurt Paladinfanboy

haha good for you boomie zoomie alright see ya around buddy ol pal bing bing wahoo

youtube.com/watch?v=mlt6EXMGlN8

>generic epic gamer soldier main with gaudy bright colored cosmetics because attention whore
this aint it chief

Sounds like you missed out on a lot of fun servers and got bored of the same community servers full of F2P hues

/vg/ is absolute shit

reminder if you can seriously fucking name any of these people based on their icons you are the cancer

I miss TF2WarioWare

>not Mechanic Pyro, the Engineer's best friend

Attached: Untitled.png (1360x768, 194K)

i play on and off, i'll be super into it for like a month and then get bored and stop for months. and thats why i've been playing for ten years and am still shit at it

i cant imagine playing this shit constantly, i'd hope not many actually do

>playing huntsman on badwater, final point in the map room
>enemy team full of pyros start b-lining towards me through the choke
>aim slightly above head and click for free headshots
>wearing darwins danger shield so I don't even go under 100 hp
>enemy medic gf runs at me with his ubersaw
>left click
>spy uncloaks and shoots me with his revolver
>move back and forth in time with the rate of fire of the revolver
>he pulls out his knife, and I crit him with mine
>see someones capping
>jump down onto point
>i'm fookin legolas
>headshot the unusual soldier while falling
>"no skill lucksman, you're not even good"

Attached: f03790389929c0f5f70f3d4d61be105a[1].jpg (707x354, 29K)

Shit like this started happening en masse like 6 days after the F2P invasion, I remember specifically the quality of matches hitting a brick wall after that

Attached: 1394475988932.jpg (1030x609, 256K)

cute

i remember the matches being full of try hards and always under filled.
After f2p it got filled.

youtube.com/watch?v=JUPzN7tp7bQ

Attached: e0ca1a4005749fc8462ac13a1bac1640.jpg (377x332, 31K)

tf2 dies when valve patches all the map hax.

God I wish I was that toast
TF2 is already dead to Valve

I'm trying to get every tf2 achievement what am I in for bros I have 227

>can name all of them
honestly disappointed in myself

Attached: 1554744439543.jpg (434x504, 57K)

>gets kills with a demonstrably broken weapon
>NUH UH I GOT KILLS ITS NOT BROKEN IM ACTUALLY REALLY GOOD
pro tip: when people have been saying huntsman is broken for longer than you've probably been alive, they're not saying it because it's hard to use

removing the ( ! ) thing was such a mistake.

Mr Paladin is the most harmless Dad-tier e-celeb on that list. Why do people hate Mr Paladin?

Never go to /tf2g/

Attached: 1491659628284.jpg (1000x1000, 283K)

this would be retarded if it replaced the revolver
it should replace the knife, and give the spy something like +75 max health to support his gunspy playstyle
now thatd be cool

>t. soldier main

>*kills you with one pipe*
"Don't come wide with me, ye pint-sized mutt!"

Somebody posted a fantastic Old Joseph Medic the other day. I should have saved it.

Good luck trying to get this one legit

Attached: metal.png (830x75, 9K)

wheres the server

It should replace the sapper

Attached: anigif_sub-buzz-2377-1515598618-16.gif (700x521, 1.32M)

People with MVM autism have probably already done this.

You missed it by 2 days, ask again on Friday

>all these pure, recognizable classes without stupid looking attention whoring glowing neon and gold bullshit covering them

Attached: 1542447957198.jpg (834x945, 419K)

This. Give Spy different spy gadgets.

Attached: 1560653008295.gif (500x526, 841K)

tfw buildings are hard to balance as is and thats why only the mini sentry was ever made

Attached: 1527385062306.gif (320x256, 1.86M)

>MEEEEEEEEDDDDDDIIIIIIIIIIICCCCCC
What the fuck is going on over there?

Attached: 1563243673545.png (1280x799, 1.12M)

This doesn't consider custom MvM content but still, good luck sinking that much time into the game for one achievement

Attached: fug.png (1720x131, 28K)

can confirm

Attached: tf2g.png (922x913, 50K)

post tf2 kino
youtube.com/watch?v=8TXOmPR7uk4

Attached: 1478399871162.png (1021x653, 897K)

Why is /tf2g/ so bad bros

Attached: 1562900220209.png (376x425, 37K)

>Give Heavy the Soldier's banners
>Give Pyro a 4th slot for a jetpack
>Make Engi's dispensers give overheal
>Give Spy a wallhack device and a grappling hook to go in his Sapper slot

Any other terrible ideas for the classes, Yea Forums?

Attached: 1562900220209.png (512x252, 130K)

>tfw used to be a regular at that shithole during the turning point of the degeneracy

3-4 users keep constantly derailing any and all forms of real discussion about the game by posting shit like this

Change sniper so he can't 150 headshot you at super close range, the distance where sniper is meant to be his weakest

Give Demoman shoes with bombs attached so that he can blast jump away whenever he takes falling damage.

Attached: explodingknees.jpg (700x700, 61K)

fuck off with your shitty weapon ideas you stupid fucking faggot

>Medic is just zaping that birds head for no given reason

>Give Spy a wallhack device and a grappling hook to go in his Sapper slot

this or a teleport would be better than invisibility.
125 hp classes need mobility, or long range. Spy lacks mobility, and uses his invisibility. but it doesn't help when he needs to escape.

Heavy should get a 4th slot for the lunchboxes, Natascha should return to its Gun Mettle state, and the Dalokohs Bar could allow the Medic to overheal you to 525 health.

Attached: ok bitch.png (462x420, 217K)

>six years in
>still can't play fucking spy
How do they do it bros

Attached: 1563581045874.png (475x347, 38K)

99% of "Pro Spy Mains" just abuse interp, because without it Spy is garbage.

Give Engi a revolver

Attached: bigiron.png (268x268, 57K)

He shot the bird, medic revived it.

give spy a shotgun

Give Demo a glock

when you really think about it, its not the best idea.

A shotgun is way better for the engineer, especially when he needs to twitch shoot spies.
If this is for range it would need like minicrits or something because it would only be used around 1350 + Hammer units.

Primary / Secondary?
What it do?
Secondary
+30% equip speed
+15% damage
-50% ammo capacity
-50% switch speed

Attached: engie gets bullied.webm (570x318, 2.23M)

yeah you think you're so fucking funny huh like yeah "let me, a player with 200 hours on tf2, tell you what should be added into the game" god you fucking stupid redditor fuck off to r/tf2 with your bullshit

Attached: burger.jpg (920x607, 32K)

Post weapons, or get off the computer.

Attached: ok bitch.png (462x420, 219K)

It's a TF2 thread you sperg. Discuss the game.

struck a nerve, didn't I, redditor?

You're the only mad one here.

Attached: 250px-Medic_taunt_laugh.png (250x351, 111K)

Use quick disguise, and reload to switch teams.
Disguise as ally.
walk with team.
cloak when they're about to enter the area the enemy team is.
Disguise as enemy.
run behind enemy while invisible.
Decloak when they're about to fight your allies..
Backstab.

easiest way to guarantee backstabs even if you're bad. You basically force them to choose between turning around or get backstabbed.

This pairs REALLY well with a sentry or a heavy. Time this that you appear behind them right before they entry a sentry nest or attack a heavy.

Don't bother playing spy if someone on your team is using the dead ringer.

Good luck user.

Attached: bretty good.gif (320x240, 1.08M)

Having a bad day, friend?

>Votekick: Anonymous
>[F1] - Yes
>[F2] - No

Attached: when youre at 124hp and you enter the zone.png (499x725, 200K)

so you are from reddit, neat. thanks for telling me

f1

F1

Attached: tenor.gif (398x498, 1.09M)

kark kick.
its instant up and down.

Uncle Dane is A tier for everything but trying to force remove crits.

why Yea Forums loves this game so much but hates and calls cs 1.6 casual?

SSS tier

Attached: images.jpg (61x61, 2K)

>Yea Forums is one person
and here you are looking for the hivemind to tell you what to think

Hit scan and camping.
I wouldn't call it casual though. tf2 is easilly more casual, but that's why its so good. the play style is a lot more interesting and easy to pick up.

I was thinking primary, but secondary works too

Valve has had the ability to make ammo packs influence "meter" mechanics since the start of the game with the invisibility watch. Why not make it have a "meter" (like the kind the cow mangler uses) that takes the equivalent of 150 minigun bulleted to refill

>Hating on based dad spy and liking"le ironic weeb XdDD"
Found the underage redditor

wait, wait, first of all, hear me out, let's...

STOP THE FUCKING SPAWN WALLHACK FROM WORKING ON ENEMY SPIES
HOLY FUCK
HOW HARD IS IT VALVE

cringe and redditpilled

So you can spawncamp harder? Yeah no thanks. Spy would be a balanced class even if he didn't have backstabbing. The Revolver is effective by itself if you know how to aim, but most Spy kiddies think they should have all their kills instantly handed to them

>a slow 125 HP class with a gun with dps worse than any other class in the game and random spread on it would be balanced
yeah no, shut up retard

>Spy
>slow
stopped reading right there

>Spy would be a balanced class even if he didn't have backstabbing.
wew

Over 5k hours and i still find this game fun even nowday after almost 10 years of playing it.

it should be proximity from spawn.
Teleporting or seeing spies from across the map needs to be removed in the next update.
Seeing an enemy spy pop up from across the map, calling him out and saying "behind you X", is absurd.

Spies are still a strong class, capable of destroying engies, getting easy high-value picks, and forcing the opposing team to be paranoid and use sub-par classes (pyro) to keep you from hitting their medics, heavies, engies, and (to a lesser extent) soldiers. And if you can get chain-backstabs your team wins the round

just because you can't easily melt most classes in 2-3 seconds with the Ambassador from the distant shadows, and become immune from death for 30+seconds with the Dead Ringer even while 4 players focus you, and auto-invalidate enemy engies anymore doesn't make spies useless, or even bad. they've been nerfed from overpowered in most situations to reasonably balanced for their niche role.

This is the undeniable truth. I've been playing since release, and every other veteran (that isn't a garbage "spy main") knows it.

>Give him a device that can be planted on wall and gives teammates wallhacks for 10 seconds.
Holy shit no, that would be so goddamn overpowered nobody would use sappers in any situation. Let me guess, you're one of those players that never plays any class except spy no matter the circumstance?

Attached: thefuck.jpg (320x240, 50K)

actually it can be even simpler than that. Decloaked spies don't show up with wallhacks.

Revert pyro's airblast and afterburn changes. I want him to be a fun combo class again, not a mindless w+m1

is anybody on the party Yea Forumsan?

>Let me guess, you're one of those players that never plays any class except spy no matter the circumstance?
Over 2000 hours on Soldier alone, and 27 hours on spy. Why do you think I don't play him? Because he sucks and I want to win.

>just because you can't easily melt most classes in 2-3 seconds with the Ambassador from the distant shadows, and become immune from death for 30+seconds with the Dead Ringer even while 4 players focus you, and auto-invalidate enemy engies anymore doesn't make spies useless, or even bad.
This. The Dead Ringer is still better than the original release, since it gives you fucking Scout speed and extended damage resistance time.

The Revolver puts out an average 40 DPS at medium range, which is more than what a Sniper landing bodyshots has. You have sufficient time to dodge every projectile class at this range, so the "low" DPS is not that big of an issue when the enemy will be putting out 0 DPS.

spy is dependent on the amount of bugs involving him. the more bugs you fix, the better spy is.

I half consider him fine, but I also think hes conceptually bad. I'm saying this as someone that mained spy. Hes not fun to play nor play against. Hes incredibly frustrating with a bad string of luck, and nearly everything about him feels bullshit.

I don't think many people get upset when hes backstabs them. But facestabs, free escapes, and instant death in general is kind of a shitty concept.

Honestly I think he was an idea that seemed fine on paper, but got worse as the game aged and his flaws started cropping up.
Hes also balanced in a very awkward way. High risk and high reward feels like a good concept, but it typically feels like bullshit when you have to flip a coin and the results can be detrimental or insanely powerful.
And that's spies entire M.O.

And this isn't even accounting for the teampower decay whenever more and more people play spy.

I openly aimbotted this game nonstop for 2 days. About 20 hours straight of headshotting til I got kicked. I'm p sure everyone I killed reported me and I never got banned.

Also, I headshot a medic with an unusual like twice in a pub and he's been nonstop leaving comments on my steam profile about how I'm obviously cheating and karma will come back to me and how I'm going to get a vac ban, despite the account being clearly a 2 day old throwaway.

>Holy shit no, that would be so goddamn overpowered nobody would use sappers in any situation.

not him but it really wouldn't.
If its intel, he could just be on the other side of the wall and tell people what he sees. If its for the ability to camp and backstab, it would just need tweaking to make it obvious the spy is doing this. Simply making it so he has to hold it out to use it would be enough.

Main problem is that sapper replacements are a bad idea.

it takes a few days for the actual ban to happen.

Reporting literally doesn't do anything. The only way you can get banned permanently is if VAC notices you.

false, I got banned like a week after I stopped using my account.

Soldier is by far the most overpowered class, that doesn't mean Spy is underpowered.

>Soldier is by far the most overpowered class
Wrong.

Only if you consider medic Overpowered, or your playing some retarded comp meta.

I don't think any class is overpowered. Soldier is uniquely balanced in the sense that he counters no one and is countered by no one. I'm talking about 12 vs 12 pubs.

Medic wouldn't be overpowered without Soldiers to pocket

that makes him overpowered. Flexibility and speed, even with drawbacks are still overpowered.

You could have one class counter everything but one class, but that wouldn't make him overpowered if he can't do anything useful.

Hard Counters are a horrible mechanic btw.
Having a fight be decided by what class you picked is retarded. It should only be a small boon that can be overcome by positioning or aim.

Agreed, dumb people will say that "counters are necessary for classes to be differentiated from each other", which is a retarded. Classes should ideally be defined by their focus on unique mechanics, not who they instantly counter.

>Flexibility
Yes, power classes should be generalist in nature, and for the most part, Scout, Demo, Pyro, and Heavy are also flexible (in pub play). Soldier is definitely the most flexible, since like I said, he counters no one and is countered by no one, but that alone doesn't make him OP.
>Speed
At the cost of some health and ammo. Soldier is easily overtaken when he's only got 1 or 2 rockets in his clip.

A good tip for beating a Soldier is to close in when he's expended at least two of his rockets. It's even easier when he's using the Black Box, which is why I can never understand why people whine about it.

>before the update everyone thought the pyro update would make pyro more of a skilled class with a high skill ceiling
>it actually made him more braindead and lowered his ceiling and increased his floor immensely

Expending two rockets won't save you though.
In most fights he doesn't take enough self damage to kill himself, even when you shoot him. And two rockets are enough to kill everything besides a heavy.
I'm not trying to say hes unfair, but hes the most powerful class in the game bar none. Which is easilly necessary.

>juggling heals on half the team on the cart as a medic
>team is now an unkillable wall

Attached: 1AAD2573-ABF4-47EB-A656-37C2AB05EFA2.jpg (720x720, 24K)

that's only because of poor coding. Technically its more aim based, and the dragons fury is a nice direct hit for the pyro.

but his main mechanics are still too weak, hes also shit on maps that aren't built to encourage his play style. Which are most comp maps. (cause fags).

>enemy team gets tired of losing and rolls out 6 pairs of heavies/soldiers/demos and medics

Attached: 1518470568603.png (515x486, 265K)

I can't believe people thought pre-uber crossbow was underpowered.

>they're worse than my teams pairs of heavies/soldiers/demos and medics

Attached: 1550549080507.png (270x333, 131K)

>And two rockets are enough to kill everything besides a heavy.
Yeah, I mean, so is two pipes, 2 stickies, 2 meatshots, 2 seconds of direct flamethrower damage, and 1 second of close range minigun damage. If your argument is that 2 rockets are easier to hit, that's true, but there's other factors involved when it comes to Soldier's viability. Just because he's slightly more prepared in this one niche scenario that we're laying out doesn't mean he's more powerful than any of the other power classes.

>team coordinates a push with 11 heavies and a medic
>enemy team acknowledges they lost because the team worked together

has matchmaking been removed yet?

that's actually great

No I'm just saying that getting close to a soldier with 2 rockets won't help you. In fact the best thing you can do is get on high ground and jump when he shoots at your feet.

Which in itself is part of the reason hes so bullshit.
Not many classes can survive two rockets, even indirectly. while it will take most classes three shots of their own to kill soldier.
Which is why even if you flank a soldier and get the first shot in, hes still going to kill you. Even if he has to kill himself.

Honestly I'd just have rockets disapear mid flight if the soldier dies.

>tfw NeonHeights might close down this year
I’ve been on that server since 2014

Attached: 426F43B1-D0D2-4714-A375-3E3BAA4AFCA4.jpg (360x360, 14K)

>all these replies
The caber sometimes doesn't even do 120 damage on a direct hit. Why did they break this weapon? It pulls out slower and it swings slower as well. What a weird weapon to nerf, who ever thought it was op? I swear this game is balanced around ctf_2fort, just look at the sticky jumper nerf as well.

>while it will take most classes three shots of their own to kill soldier.

oh and this is the reason black box is fucking busted. it basically raises his health above 200, which means no matter what he wins any encounter. Even if his opponent can hit direct hits or perfect meatshots, a single pip of bonus health will make him win the fight against anyone that deals exactly 100 damage.

It also negates a big chunk of the self damage.

*scout rushes the objective to completion becausw you needed to browbeat your whole team into rolling power classes to try and have any hope of winning*
heh... better luck next time kiddo... crutch heavies are not a substitute for skill

go play a pub and try to find a pyro that's not spamming scorch shot for effortless 100 damage shots at any range
FUCK pyro

Attached: pyro is broken.webm (1280x720, 2.47M)

>its a/d or payload
>scout gets fucking obliterated and the heavies shoot his ragdoll into a corner

>user doesn't know this got patched

its also 80 damage I think. its only 8 seconds of tick for like 64, plus the splash. If after burn kills you, you need to re-evaluate your life, or equip the danger shield.

>enemies closely surrounding the dedicated close quarters ambush class get shredded
dude wtf i tried killing a sniper with a pistol and he killed me and then TAUNTED wtf nerd sniper

it didn't get patched, that webm can still be recreated in game
the "fix" they did doesnt work

Ok, right, so it takes Soldier only 2 well placed shots, usually, and 3 or more for other power classes. Here's how that balances out, though.

>Scout has 6 shots with around 102 damage potential and a relatively fast reload
>Pyro and Heavy have continous short range damage that they don't have to reload
>Demo has 4 pipes and 8 stickies, and the primary has a faster reload.
>Soldier has 4 rockets and the slowest reload tied with the sticky launcher.

My point is, Heavy basically has a higher DPS at close range compared to Soldier, Pyro has an easier to aim minigun basically, but less damage, Demo has higher burst damage capabilities, and Scout has the best ability to finish players off. I have to go now, it was a nice discussion. There's so many variables about the 5 combat classes that cancel other things out, I just wanted to name the most important ones.

unless I'm mistaken you're wrong. It got patched when dragon breath got nerfed. I'm only so sure because I remember how bad it was. and faggots like this false flagging that its balanced.

It should work similar to this, but not in such a huge fucking circle

>If after burn kills you, you need to re-evaluate your life, or equip the danger shield.
there is a slight problem with this reasoning
>a pyro needs to click the area anywhere 100 miles around the target to burn it
>the target then is forced to retreat, find a medpack that takes 10 seconds to spawn and come back to the frontline during which he is effectively dead
>during that time the pyro has fired another 5 scorch shots because he doesn't need to worry about reload times or ammo, he can just switch to flamethrower if someone ambushes him where it's most effective
do you see a problem with this

It's not really bad, it's just that everything's been hashed out. It also has no serious moderation (only chance shit is getting deleted is if people report it) and there are some jokes (like the no-replying one) that have reached critical mass and became societal rules.

Despite all this, if you go there and try to start discussion you will actually get more knowledgeable replies there than most places.

Rate my Idea for a sapper replacement.

Decoy Medigun:
>only usable when disguised as a friendly medic.
>Press "reload key" to change the mediguns disguise (Medigun, Kritzkrieg, Quickfix etc).
>Can pretend to heal teammates.
>"healing" builds "Übercharge".
>activate "Übercharge" to mimic the effects of the actual Übercharge of your mediguns current disguise.
>Upon getting headshot/backstabbed lose your "Übercharge" metre, take no damage, and automatically cloak while disabling the medigun for 1 minute.
>+50% "Übercharge" rate.

Don't bully us

I've got 400 hours on TF2 and I got kick for being bad on a casual server.

Attached: 1561230235879.jpg (911x1024, 80K)

>Ok, right, so it takes Soldier only 2 well placed shots, usually, and 3 or more for other power classes

feet shot do roughly 80-90 damage
that would be enough to kill everyone besides an enemy soldier or a heavy.

>Scout has 6 shots with around 102 damage potential and a relatively fast reload
hes the only one that could counter soldier if he times his jumps properly, but its very risky and easy for most soldiers to kill him with splash.

>Pyro and Heavy have continous short range damage that they don't have to reload
Continous damage is nice, until your opponent is zoning your or jumping in your face. If the soldier hides behind a pillar and ducks out to fire the heavy will die. Pyro is a crap shot if he can time the airblast or not.

>Demo has 4 pipes and 8 stickies, and the primary has a faster reload
No indirect shots outside of stickies, and if the soldier rocket jumps into HIS face hes screwed.

>Soldier has 4 rockets and the slowest reload tied with the sticky launcher.
which is fine because he can weave in and out of fights, and the ability to do this nearly freely can be traded for a shotgun.

>My point is
that soldier is worse at all of these things, but hes strong enough that it doesn't matter.

and yeah you're totally right, there are a lot of variables. but in many scenarios a soldier will undoubtedly kill you. Unlike a pyro that may or may not kill you with afterburn, the soldiers rockets will kill you even if you kill him.

See ya when you read this later.

Pitiful

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-22-19-02-54.png (1280x720, 289K)

A rocket or stickybomb could do well over that 60 damage afterburn damage and instantly, instead of spread across 8 seconds. As far as I've seen, only bad players complain about Pyro.

Attached: 1563231818255.png (860x3200, 1.47M)

>soldier/demo shoots near your feet
>sniper body shots you
>heavy/engineer nick you
>you need to find a med kit or die to the next damage

and this is why medics typically exist.
And ironically the entire point is that pyro deals attrition damage, forcing the team to find their medic. Which arguably helps the team play better.

I only think this is bad for snipers, cause getting shot twice just instantly kills you. And unlike the flair, he only needs to land one, but can land the next one indirectly.
Its only mildly fair because fuck sniper.

>do you see a problem with this
theres a lot of problems with tf2, something that actually makes afterburn work the way its intended is not one of them. In my opinion.

You can't, that's an old as shit version of the map

>play with anything other than the Vow
>top the scoreboard as Medic
>equip the Vow
>bottom every round
Is it actually cursed?

Attached: 250px-Solemn_Vow.png (250x204, 63K)

>stomping without thermal thruster

hooooooooooooooold on

>calm and composed narrator self insert picks apart points of slobbering angry strawman
make a better infographic next time user

>pull out the vow for litterally any reason at any time, outside of self defense
>team fails because you're not healing them, can't actually kill something because the -10% rate to crit with the melee weapon

>pull out the uber saw because you can gamble a quick uber
>might lose might win

>pull out bonesaw because "MY FUCKING TEAM IS RETARDED"
>will probably lose, but you're not the reason your team is losing

I wear the lament :(
It's a poor all class unusual

>Played it for 150 hours, game sucks, where's my refund?
the absolute state

This is the mindset of people that complain about pyro. They act like what you'd expect from a strawman.

whoever designed the matchmaker to tf2 really needs to be fired and then have their testicles removed with a chainsaw
>every fucking game is a one sided stomp due to 99% of people leaving after the first point is capped on the losing side
>the matchmaker doesnt fill these slots until the last 5 seconds of a game thats over
>no scramble
>cant vote for scrambles so games are SLIGHTLY more balanced

Attached: 1535048401651.jpg (250x300, 14K)

>pull out vita saw
>might lose might win; crit chance about as much as the ubersaw
>gather organs
>if I win, I can continue to build the uber I've got
>if I lose, I still keep my uber and can properly strategize when to pop uber from a safe vantage point

Attached: Miracle Man Medic.png (1360x768, 164K)

a rocket or a stickybomb have damage fall off or damage ramp-up in the case of stickybombs, and take a shitton of time to reload and are slow projectiles
scorch shot is infinite range. no reload time. it's a secondary weapon. and it's on a class that's supposed to be almost helpless at long range.

stop with your false equivalencies retard

did you miss the part where scorch shot has no damage fall off?

>people are still trying to justify using the vita saw

If you hit someone with an ubersaw you GET uber back. This is better in nearly every scenario, simply because the amount you get back will either make you invincibile/kill the enemy/ not matter if you had the vitasaw.

I haven't done the math for this since the update but...

>0% uber
>vita saw does nothing, ubersaw nets you more uber

>25% uber
>vita saw might save you 15% uber, which is the amount you lose by being dead, ubersaw would only bump you up to 50%
At this point its a 60% coinflip. if you kill someone with a vitasaw crit this does nothing, if you kill some with an ubersaw you are far above the other teams medic.

>50% uber
>vitasaw only saves 15%, uber saw is now at 75%. If the first hit was a crit and you survive the ubersaw medic will be at 100% and can uber himself if necessary. Additionally you are risking about 35% of your uber, just for a lucky melee.

>75% uber
>self explanatory

This only becomse useful around 25% to 50%. and you will only save around 15% uber. (anything more and you would just have a full uber with the ubersaw.).

There was a ton more but I don't have it all saved. The biggest problem is that you're building up a meter that lets you die easilly. By risking your uber by running into melee. Its almost a trap weapon to trick people to drop their uber. Theres also zero risk like most other 'head" weapons. Where you get that sense of adrenaline when you might drop all the stuff you built up.

It's not a false equivalency, retard.
Let's compare the Quickiebomb Launcher, which is generally considered completely inferior to stock, with the Scorch Shot. Let's specifically compare damage, fire rate, and projectile speed, that you brought up.
>Maximum damage per shot
QBL can do 122 damage instantly, SS can do 20 + 60 afterburn damage
>Splash Radius
QBL has 189 Hu, SS has 110 Hu
>Projectile Velocity
QBL can travel up to 2409 Hu/s, SS travels 2000 Hu/s
>Fire rate
QBL, even on a full charge, fires at 1 shot / 1.2s, SS fires 1 shot / 1.5s

So clearly you have a double standard if you are going to complain about the fucking Scorch Shot but defend things like Stickybombs.

sniper doesn't, demo doesn't. Soldier has very weak falloff and in most cases not enough that to matter.

And this is the splash damage I'm assuming, which is like only 20 damage? meanwhile two direct flairs deal 135 damage immediately.

Correction, the Scorch Shot fires at an even slower rate than that. It takes 2 seconds between shots.

Again, it's fucking weak and only shitters complain about it, because WAAAH!!! PYRO IS BAD!!

are you retarded?

well I'm confused user, what are you complaining about.

Detonator does better splash.
And the flair does better direct.
Only real strength is the knock back, letting you juggle without air-blasting.

you're retarded.
>QBL can do 122 damage instantly
which takes 3 seconds of arming time after shooting, otherwise it does 30 damage
>QBL has 189 Hu, SS has 110 Hu

moot cutoff my post, fuck off moot
>QBL has 189 Hu, SS has 110 Hu
did you forget splash has damage fall off? scorch shot does full damage even if it tickles you at max radius
fuck off, retard

My personal favorite of the ones I've gotten

Attached: 440_screenshots_20190719190049_1.jpg (1366x768, 106K)

>Detonator does better splash.
no it doesn't? and detonator actually takes a brain to use, so it's fine.
>And the flair does better direct.
I have not seen anybody use the flare gun for 2 years. Infer as to why.

>black box still exists
when are they going to change it into something actually fun?

>quickiebomb
>has to reload
>splash has falloff
>bombs have to stay on the ground after shooting otherwise they get a huge damage decrease
>if someone closes up on the demo he's helpless

>scorch shot
>no reload
>full damage at all ranges and no splash falloff
>if someone closes up on the pyro he pulls out a flamethrower where it is at its strongest

yep not a false equivalency, kys

>Infer as to why.

countering snipers, and an influx of people using hitsounds.
Actually, semi off topic, the scorch shot is really useful if you shoot it into a corridor and listen for a hit confirmation. I've done this and ducked out from heavies and soldiers that immediately react to my scorch shot. it also makes people think before rounding corners to fight a pyro.
Become second nature to do this to every door way I don't plan on entering.

>when are they going to change it into something actually fun?

>50% of all damage, up to 100 is healed over 5 seconds
>this only starts 3 seconds after the damage is stored
>any health lost clears this

hows that?
No broken mid-fight heal, but it gives him a shit load of survivability.

Scream Fortress 6 was peak TF2
Gun Mettle was a horrible cashgrab and was the beginning of the end
Fuck traders and FUCK esportsfags

Attached: tfw poor and irish.jpg (899x450, 45K)

>>QBL can do 122 damage instantly
>which takes 3 seconds of arming time after shooting, otherwise it does 30 damage
Confirmed retarded. You get the bonus damage for charging your shot for 1.2 seconds, the QBL does not have arming time like the SBL. And a single shot can sometimes do 140 damage.

>did you forget splash has damage fall off? scorch shot does full damage even if it tickles you at max radius
The Scorch Shot only does 10 damage if it ticks you max radius. While it still does the same 60 afterburn damage, the QBL still does 77 damage to enemies at the same radius, so it's still more.

No one argues that the Quickiebomb Launcher is overpowered and I have proven that it is still superior to the Scorch Shot. Keep trying to argue with statistics though dumbfuck.

>weapon is considered a downgrade
>gets buffed
>everyone uses it constantly, its considered a direct upgrade to stock
>endless bitching later, the weapon gets nerfed
>its the same, if not worse than before it got nerfed
>People still use it constantly, and some people still complain its an upgrade

Name this weapon.
(Hint): There might be more than one answer.

Attached: the following.png (652x768, 281K)

tell me

>retard doesn't even know stickybombs have a damage penalty until they land to discourage airbursting
this argument is over

Phlog

do you actually believe QBL does 144 damage every second or are you just shitposting

Sydney sleeper, crossbow, reserver shooter, , Black box, razorback.

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head.

>150 hours
>accomplishing everything
Doubt you've even played half of the custom game modes out there faggot

Attached: poverty scout is taken aback by your sheer faggotry.jpg (239x290, 14K)

There are some autists that put thousands in mastering jump maps alone, I don't get how people can get bored of this game. Do they only play the same handful of maps and loadouts or something?

>melee duel someone
>hear the melee smacks but no hitsound
>happens 3 times in a row
>he crits me twice in a row

Attached: 1534988431864.png (255x253, 4K)

why the FUCK does it make a sound if i didnt really hit them

because source engine networking being shit is too complicated for the fucking company that developed the thing to fix
no amount of networking configs will fix this shit

I believe this has something to do with the way that interp works. if on your screen you are like 2 feet back you don't get hit. But client side it shows you getting the hit, and immediately confirms it.
But then the server tells the client that it didn't actually happen.

The only other solution would be to have the hit sound come after confirmation, which would result in heavilly delayed hit sounds.

Or simply fixing their netcode

I've been getting worse and worse in the past month and I'm on the brink of dropping the game, selling my entire inventory, uninstalling it and removing it from my account.
Unless the heavy update comes in the next two weeks I'm fucking done, 3000 hours and I'm playing like I have 30, fuck this fucking shit, my health is good, my material is good and so is my software performance, it makes no fucking sense.

What class?

how do we make Valve completely fucking rape Sniper just like it did with Spy and Pyro

get uncle dane to make a video about him

He's obviously Soldier.

Attached: reddit man.png (960x898, 941K)

real talk: what the FUCK do friendlies get out of this game? every time i'm playing matchmaking and find a friendly server, they're all just standing around taunting, over and over and over. they're not even talking. they're just silently taunting. what kind of person plays a game to do this, and who finds it entertaining enough to do nothing but it and kick anyone who plays the game?

Attached: 1544220614345.png (500x485, 143K)

Australian (new zealand) man.

Is that a fucking penis

People don't play friendly 24/7, it can be fun to do so once in a while.

>axtinguisher gets binned because pyro, the close-range class, should not have a strong melee weapon
>ullapool caber gets binned because demo, the medium-range class, should not have a strong melee weapon
>sniper still gets the bushwacka because ???????
No amount of nerfing would be "too much" for this cunt.

Its just the dopey fun experience they like to be a part in by spamming taunts and voice lines and having fun with them. Socializing basically

by your definition no game is hard to learn

>friend went from a noob to pubstomping when he started playing soldier
really makes you think, doesn't it??

Acting friendly randomly is funny.
but like reddit, they run the joke into the ground and think acting friendly at any time is the most funny shit on god's green earth.

soldier is easy though

>I openly aimbotted this game nonstop for 2 days. About 20 hours straight of headshotting
why
there is zero fun in that unless you're a sociopath

>meet cheater months ago and report him
>check his profile now because i remembered he's in my block list
>still not banned
how they actual fuck do they get away with this shit?

you think valve gives a shit about tf2?

valve literally doesnt give a shit about cheaters unless its dota or cs:go
even then they still get away with shit constantly

reporting cheaters doesnt do shit, dumbass. you think the random unpaid steam moderator that gets your report is going to find a fucking thing to do about it just looking at his profile? VAC is 100 percent automatic and if its a good cheat it'll be able to avoid detection until another ban wave happens, IF it happens, because TF2 is developmentally dead

For the love of God, heal your DPS class that has 34 health after he's repelled the enemy medic. Please for all that is good and holy.
>t. Man who gave his life because his medic is a fucking shit

Attached: 1563556543056.jpg (409x472, 29K)

>DPS class
all classes are DPS classes, this is not Overwatch

The greatest TF2 map design.

Attached: mario kart.jpg (1920x1080, 590K)

people who play dress up in this game are the baddies

Upboated good sir xD

pipes and traps in every direction, smacking asses and dabbing on engies' feeble toys
>"I wish this demo would FUCK OFF"
bunch a wee lassies

Attached: hqdefault.jpg (480x360, 14K)

i wonder how it would look with hd textures