EVO 2019

>No Guilty Gear this year
There is literally nothing good or worth while to watch until Sunday with SFV for the DLC reveals or possible SF 6 teaser.
What the fuck.

Attached: 1534387119015.png (732x204, 31K)

Other urls found in this thread:

smash.gg/tournament/animevo-2019
youtube.com/watch?v=9GvE3KiwCaU
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1020662865122897923
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im only watching SamSho, Tekken and SFV top 8, maybe a little SC6. Dont care about the rest.

Sunday will be great, especially Italy leaving Mandalay Bay early to go drinking and hit up the anime suite.

im still surpised samsho, sc6, and bbtag are popular enough to get on stage. Good for them, out of those 3 im mostly interested in seeing how samsho pros play

>are popular enough to get on stage
they got paid in retard
samsho was confirmed before release

>samsho was confirmed before release
kek didnt know that.

Attached: 1539706478670.gif (400x560, 1.5M)

im only watching the side stream for the chance to watch KI, ST, MVC2, GG, and other games I enjoy

Attached: 1548184124787.jpg (513x378, 48K)

SNK MONEY

what are the chances of CvS3 in the future? I honestly liked it more then the MvC series

NEVER EVER

ok fine what about Tekken X SF? Both are popular right now. SfxT was a good game bogged down by the shitty gem system.

Attached: __kasugano_sakura_and_kazama_asuka_street_fighter_street_fighter_v_tekken_and_tekken_7_drawn_by_rich (850x850, 281K)

Rather watch melee then babytag tbqh

>SFV
aka nap + snack stock up time

i never really played tekken until 7 and have been a die hard fan of SF and Marvel
unironically the scene is so shit right now that tekken is going to be the absolute highlight for me if i even watch

I dont care if i'm called an 09er (im not) but SFIV, Marvel 3 era was such a blessed time

Wait, I thought GG was at evo this year? Is it just not getting stage time?

>I dont care if i'm called an 09er (im not) but SFIV, Marvel 3 era was such a blessed time
I am, and it was a damn good time. I thought DBFZ was going to scratch the cuhrayzee 3v3 fightan itch but its just not the same. Atleast Tekken is pretty hype, I like T7 alot more then T6.

get fucked soulcucks nice dead game you got there

Attached: charts.jpg (1254x825, 147K)

Side tournament, no main stage presence and probably no streams on any of the official EVO channels.
smash.gg/tournament/animevo-2019

yeah people saying dbfz would fill the marvel gap are so deluded
i know its a popular meme to say marvel is unga bunga, but it actually has a lot of depth that dbfz is sorely, sorely lacking

I've been involved with fighting games since the mid '90s, the early 2010s was definitely a golden age for fighting games. The sky was the limit with EVO getting bigger and bigger since that inagural vanilla SF4 EVO where everyone sat on the floor and it was streamed on shitty ass Ustream, SF4 and Marvel 3 were incredibly active and hype, every year there was some big upset from players like Latif/Fuudo/Xian/GamerBee. It's just not the same anywhere, 2015 was a swong song before we entered this SF5 era where nothing feels right.

What time does the final game usually start

>i know its a popular meme to say marvel is unga bunga
is it? I never heard that meme. I still play DBFZ and while I admit it doesnt have as much depth as other games, I think the bigger problem is that its not as visually interesting, ironically enough to keep players and spectators engaged. While the anime graphics are very impressive, alot of the characters look the same and act the same. An argument could be made that tekken is just about punching but the thing with tekken and other games is that its more grounded so you can notice the finer details of how each characters move their body around. DBFZ is supposed to be bombastic but because each ki blasts look and feel the same, all the explosions and big energy blasts gets old quick. Mahvel had doom's missiles, morrigans soul fist, Ryu's hadouken dante's various weapons etc. I'm a huge DBZfag so thats why im sticking with it. I just playing as my favorite dbz characters competitively but I cant shake the feeling that its not as exciting as marvel

i feel like the evo that had SFIV Ultra was the downfall, horrible update
and whilst i wouldnt neccesarily pine for the poverty 'sit on the floor in front of a tv on a milk crate' era again, because i like the players being able to travel to tournaments due to sponsors and stuff - shit has just gotten way too e-sports over the last few years

Nice, saving the best for last. which also means I don’t have to sit through all of that other crap

I heard around 9pm if you live in america

I've only ever played UNIST is guilty gear good?

What's so bad about that

>shit has just gotten way too e-sports over the last few years
09er here, to me it was always e-sportsy, the only thing that felt too much was espn forcing players to use specific costumes, and the "Core """"values"""" shenanigans. I mean in the end its still just a bunch of players who want to compete in fighting games. Was it really so much different before SFIV?

nothing for me. Its how long it lasts into the night is the problem For Europe apparently. I didnt like SFV running late last year, but in retrospect I didnt find SFV enjoyable to watch to begin with. I like smash but I dont like staying up late, but since smash is more fun to watch then SFV maybe I'll find the motivation this year.

the main things i notice
>the stuff you said, costume limitations and values for muh ESPN
>commentary has become more 'corporate' - less pop off hype shit and more trying to be serious 'casters' or 'analysts' but not really providing all that much insight
>community 'feel' has abated somewhat with the fall of smaller events as they are sort of bundled up with mega tournaments, also due to the corporate stuff above
>less money matches, shit talk in general at tournaments and instead dumb arguments being had over twitter

Like look up clockwork vs neo mvc2 and tell me you've ever seen a fight that loud and hype in your life.

>bo3 until top 3
It's running the same as CEO and CEO finished early for Ult, it would've finished earlier if we weren't delayed by 2 hours

Nice I can sleep early. Always hated how SFV was always last.

What's the big deal with main stage? It's fine as long as you can watch it somewhere, right?

I still think ae2012 was the best version. I don't even mind unblockables.

Can't say I'm super hype but I'll still watch most of it with my fgc bros. I'm looking forward to smasho though, that game is really fun.

you're correct
AE was great but Chun and twins spiked a bit too hard.
AE2012 balanced them out - in retrospect Evil Ryu was busted but nobody picked up on it till ultra.

I think Eryu saw plenty of usage in AE2012, but I guess Ultra made public enemy number 1 Elena so he wasn't nerfed beyond some fa stuff.

looking forward to samsho too. I've always been able to get by in SFIV and V not because of combos but because I can always just get a bunch of good hits in when the opponent drops his guard. I'm not too well versed with fighting games but I think this called footsies? But im interested in samsho because its supposed to more of that.

Evo died when they stopped using actual cabinets, FACT

fighting game matches are too short for stream viewers and the longer bo5+ gets boring

Guilty Gear should've been in instead of bbabytag.

Pretty much. You're probably going to have a good time with it then. Barely any combos and doesn't require a lot of labtime to be able to actually play the game.
It's got its fair share of bullshit too, but it's usually the fun kind and if you make the correct read the other player dies for it.

I feel like it's not a great spectator game though, might come across as slow and boring when in reality matches are crazy intense.

I think the way to fix fighting games is to make everything KoF

3 characters per player

The 1 character per player gets old too fast for esports purposes, not a tag game though

Attached: 1546834331409.png (970x1730, 410K)

This. Babytag is the worse fighting game to come out since BBCT. Why was Blazblue such a fucking mistake?

Side event.

blame rev 2 for buffing johnny and generally just being a bad update

this is pretty much the opposite of reality

this, they need to make DBFZ matches shorter especially, its a damn chore to watch them sometimes.

>I feel like it's not a great spectator game though, might come across as slow and boring when in reality matches are crazy intense.
haven't seen many matches outside twitch, thats why Im looking forward to evo, to see how the pros will present it.

Knee is unstoppable but I hope someone puts up a good fight against him. Every T7 top 8 has so far had at least one incredibly hype moment

wasn't there a panda guy recently that upset the meta?

someone won with panda yes but they didnt upset the meta

Never, confirmed by SNK's Oda.

I've lost hope on it after anticipating it all these years. SNK's Oda was recently at the Bamco panel at comic con and pic related was taken of them hanging out. There is a collab with for the KoF allstars mobage getting Jun, Kazuya and Heihachi. This probably means nothing more than that, but at least it's interesting to see Oda hang out more with Harada after Geese's appearance in Tekken was arranged.

Attached: 1563825263296.jpg (1477x1108, 251K)

sane

Only Tekken, UNIST, and SamSho will be worth watching
Everything else is shit

>confirmed by SNK's Oda.
ah shit seriously? damn

its great but good luck finding consistent matches

ASW killed Xrd. Rev 2.10 was boring as fuck and solved very few of the problems it had. People got bored with the game and no one enters tournaments anymore. Not to mention that there is little hope that whatever comes next is any good, after the shit they've been pushing out.

As fun as UNIST can be to play, I feel like Xrd is a million times more fun. Unfortunately the community stagnated pretty hard over this last year.

NEWS WHEN HOLY SHIT

Prestige. Exposure. Clout.

it still hurts brehs
youtube.com/watch?v=9GvE3KiwCaU

Attached: sad remi.png (640x480, 309K)

>jun
Really her? Kazuya and heihaci i get but not her, asuka is much more popular

>Be in Melty discord
>They start shitting on Xrd
>It's quite clear they have no idea how to play and just blame the systems
Why can't riajuu handle based Gear?

>not watching sc6 then unist then samsho then letting the shit on Sunday play in the background while you do more interesting things

Sorry, my dumb-ass fingers fucked up, it's Jin.

>sc6
LMAO like id waste my time watching that trash

Hi, SCVI player here, I'm happy its not as dead as koF or GG. Games I like but do far worse on PC. France is carrying SCVI in tournaments at least.

Anyone claiming nu Guilty Gear isn't wack as fuck to play are victims of the sunken cost fallacy or just baiting

Attached: 1477918488461.jpg (608x566, 39K)

Still better than anything else out there right now. But yes, +R without dumb Zappa and Xrd input buffers would be literally a perfect game.

wait are they releasing characters this sunday? i thought that was in august

>Babytag at the sunday slot
Are you FUCKING KIDDING ME?!?!?!

It's not wack and it's fun user, why are YOU baiting?

Samsho

GG and KoF will both likely be back next year though, they're both supposed to have new games coming

Yeah, the reason he gave was that at the time both companies had done seemingly what they could with their franchises, so doing a crossover kinda made sense. Now that they are both focusing on doing their own thing not so much. It kinda makes sense if you consider SNK wanting to revive their old IPs and possibly wanting to make new ones. At the time of the crossover SNK was dying/dead and looking back at things Capcom reaped most of the benefits, it's because of this that people think there's bad blood between the companies, but it seems to not really be the case since SNK reps say they get along with everyone.

Going off of the partnerships they had with bamco, Arika, the guys that made Arcana blod FGs, SNK reps have also hung out with the ArcSys devs, and the creator of Senran Kagura has visited SNK headquarter more than once relatively recently. So they have contacts within all those companies, the ones they seemingly have no contacts with was capcom. One could argue Neo_G since they sniped him from capcom when they had him just writing manuals, but with him going off to do his own thing, it's possible they have no one they know all that well at capcom now. With no connections there now and them wanting to revive old IPs chances of SNK working with them again look bleak if that's what one is hoping for.

Haha it was nice while it lasted, time to move on, I guess :^)

Attached: 2f7.jpg (800x857, 68K)

Aight, let's pretend you're not a shitter that mashes buttons and gets punished by RE, why do you hate SCVI?

i just dont enjoy the game, i dont see why it matters what reason i have for it

You sound like the faggots who say Xrd is bad because of blitz but who can't play

Because labeling it as trash and not enjoying it are two different things? If its simply not liking it, fine. But spewing out something akin to faults over a game on main stage EVO is going to beg for discussion.

If you don't like it and its not your cup of tea, then fine. That's fine! I can respect that. Not everything is everybody's cup of tea. Personally I'm not much of a fan of MK so I won't be watching 11 myself.

guilty gear got 2018 even less entrants than bbtag this year
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1020662865122897923
DOA6 should be in though instead of those games

why would i play a game i dont like? use your head
it is my personal opinion that it is trash not an objective fact

You don't like it because you want instant gratification and don't want to learn

i play numerous other fighting games idiot soulcal is the only one i hate
jive is pretty bad though but whatever

t. streamboar who plays nothing

DOA6 should have been on that stage. BBTag did not get a real EVO technically so I want to see what it actually fucking looks like after a year of knowledge.

Honestly have no idea what it would slot out with that I would feel at ease about. MK11, I guess, but it clearly is growing a community.

why do you find it so hard to believe that someone would dislike your game? surely the amount of players speaks for itself in this matter

doa doesn't reflect core values

Attached: 1541630480297.png (1069x502, 77K)

%99 of the time when someone complains about a game they have no idea how to actually play and just blame the mechanics instead of themselves
He sounds like the kind of retard that would called Yagawa games artificially difficult

I know why DOA6 is not in EVO. Mr. Wiz is a fucking shit. He killed Skullgirls.

is "fun" a game mechanic?

crosstag 6th fate better be fucking good and not senran shit datamined forever ago

Attached: 921472FD-379E-4A01-A16A-F488050CE419.jpg (1125x1035, 57K)

Learn to play

no thanks i have better games to play

Patrician tastes. Although I do t care about SFV much these are gonna be the 3 I pay attention to most.
Everything else is shit also fuck Guilty Gear

Hey shitters

>BBTAG on Sunday

Attached: wha.jpg (210x240, 5K)

Tekken 7, SamSho, DBFZ, SC6, UNIST, and maybe BBTAG are all worth watching.

>SC6

arcsys just wants a slot to reveal some shit

>Unist > Make food/keep drinking/masturbate > Samsho > Sleep
>BBTAG > SFV > Shitpost > Sleep

It's a pretty excellent schedule, I'm really happy with how things turned out this year.

You don't think so?

seems like the game is pretty widely disliked unfortunately

That's a shame, I don't know why that would be the case though.

oh well, its still there at least

Yeah that's all that matters, it's a really hype series to watch.

You should be happy.

Would you rather they rush the game out to be in EVO? Give GG a rest. Under Night deserves the spot.

>Would you rather they rush the game out to be in EVO?
I don't get why you immediatly jumped to the conclusion that I want a new GG to be in it.
No, I was talking about Xrd.
>Under Night deserves the spot
No it fucking doesn't, it's hot trash that only tranny americans play and a few nerds over at japan that will come over and dominate.

meleefags still mad

I shower, I'm not a smashie.
Guilty Gear deserved a spot, but ASW decided to pay UNIST's way in for the inevitable UNICLR announcement anyway.
>inb4 "It's made my French Bread!!"
ASW publishes it and handles the marketing, just like bamco with DBFZ.

Now why would you greentext an actual good fighter when DBFZ was in that list

DBFZ is better by default just because it isn't 3D trash

i hope capcom announces something good and not more SFV shit

I dunno if we'll get SFVI anytime soon if that's what you want.

mvc4

Have they hinted at something or is it just fans going "they haaaaaave to announce SOMETHINIIIING" like they've done before every major since Capcom went silent on SFV?

Anyone thinking SF6 is being announced this year are out of their minds. I understand you're seething, but be realistic

>being a dimensionlet

>I understand you're seething
I think you browse Yea Forums too much. Seething would make more sense if you used smash or tekken in your post. Or instead of seething maybe desperate. SFfags are desperate for a good game again. Evo2017 might have been good but most other SFV matches were a slog to go through.

Care about Tekken, Samsho, BBTAG and DBFZ a small bit maybe UNIST for anime shit but can just watch BBTAG for that, going to Evo in person so wonder how I will be able to juggle watching the different games.

GG xrd shoulda replaced bb tag

big mistake

who the fuck actually cares about mortal kombat

more then babytag and GGXrd lmao. Most first years get alot of entrants anyway. In a year or two it will fall to the bottom like inJUSTice2

MK being popular always perplexes me.

god, even worse, who the fuck EVER cared about injustice

>700+ person SC6 tournament being run in a single day
I can't imagine this not being a clusterfuck

not even an animefag and animevo is the best part of evo. I love checking out all the tournaments for shitty obscure games.

black people

>peek into the other evo thread
>SMASH SMASH SMASH
>SLEEP EARLY SLEEP EARLY
>COPE COPE COPE
Christ fighting game threads get so bad during evo

No we do not

>during evo

Attached: 1553564273863.jpg (379x221, 14K)

what do tekken players have to seethe about?

its a casual game, the majority of evo attenders and viewers are going to be casuals

oh I meant if that guy wanted to bait SF by saying their "seething" he should've used Tekken or Smash as material. Wanting a new game isn't really seething.

Should I go to Evo? I bought tickets but if I am home I can watch everything

right down right. Representing the shoryu motion with a Z was such a dumb idea, so many people get confused.

>right down right.
its right down downright

stay home but post pictures of what youre watching w/ your tickets in frame and post them on instagram and tweet it to your friends doing the same thing

If you already got the tickets I dont see why you shouldn't go. You're in vegas too have some fun live a little

Attached: 1554162125478.png (743x800, 1.3M)

i hope whatever street fighter news they have is actually good

Attached: 1563577180456.jpg (1536x2048, 329K)

They've said there's something, but what it actually is no one knows. If they're smart it'll be something equivalent to SSFV with new characters and balance patches and some new mechanics or changes to play with but that's probably being pretty optimistic. Anything not substantial could very well kill the game off after all the silence.

Oddly identical to what I will do. Noice.

its going to be season 4. No where there not going to milk SFV into PSV's life cycle. Hopefully im proven wrong but thats I what I think.

Attached: 1530844742466.gif (293x199, 1.94M)

me sorry user

Is this it? Is the FGC finally dying and going back underground where they belong? Good riddance!

Not really. Go on somewhere else retard.

Meant for

Season 4 of Street Fighter V's characters revealed in one go if we're lucky. If we're not, more Chun-Li, Sakura, and Karin costumes.

really makes me think

Attached: 1563832787675.png (600x551, 107K)

Don't bust your noggin. It just means that every game in the roster except for Ultimate will be played using a PlayStation 4. Nothing more, nothing less.

yeah I was just memeing. I know its more from EVO become more intertwined with Esports in general and maintaining a professional image for it

I'm honestly surprised BBTag is in for another year. That shit died on the vine, and DBFZ is dying.

Guilty Gear got robbed.

literally the entire FGC uses a ps4 anyway what the fuck if your point.

>capcom games at evo
>absolutely nothing announced
>dead silent on sfv
IT'S TIME
BRING OUT
THE DARKSTALKERS SEQUEL THAT YOU LICENSED OUT TO ARCSYS

It's never coming back user, give it up.

Attached: talbain uh uh honey.gif (212x192, 110K)

I'll watch UNIST, maybe BBTAG, and I'll check out Ultimate because I haven't really been paying attention to it and I'm curious

YES, I CAN SLEEP EARLY

>I CAN SLEEP EARLY

Attached: yeah,no.jpg (500x500, 108K)