What are your guy's first shiny Pokemon...

what are your guy's first shiny Pokemon? mine was an Eevee got it through wonder trade and evolved it into an umbreon in X

Attached: 1c9f17f7caf6f580fd28cfbdb919878c06b0644br1-256-256v2_uhq.jpg (256x256, 12K)

i was like 11 playing fire red on my way to catch zapdos and i only had a masterball encountered a blue voltorb. wasn't sure what to do about it so i killed it. told my friend i saw a blue voltorb and he didnt believe me.

The Gyarados from Silver. I've still never seen a shiny outside of that.

Shiny Onyx in Pokemon Gold. It was green.

shiny diglett in silver

A red geodude in Gold

Phanpy, in Pokémon Crystal

First wild one I found was a Wheezing in Mt Coronet in Diamond. It used self destruct.

Shiny ditto in fire red.

swablu in sapphire. only shiny i've seen in the wild.

Shiny Gastly, D/P. It was a wild encounter so it was raw odds. I only had one other shiny wild encounter (again, raw odds) it was a Dugtrio. Only I had no pokeballs, so I had to kill it. Worst feel of my life.

that octopus one in Gold if we don't count the gyarados in the same game. I thought it was a glitch.

Seaking in Silver

Gold. Zubat. Was green. So was Golbat. Then it evolved into the glorious pink Crobat, and somehow got even better.

An Electabuzz in Pokémon Pearl.
It was on emulator and a long time ago, I might not even have the .sav file anymore

I never found one myself, dude in my flat traded me a shiny electrode for a machamp for some reason and my sister almost killed a shiny pidgey but for some reason I was there, saw it and told her about how rare it was. This was back when gen 3 was new.

Shiny Nidorian male. Ended up losing it though. Part of me wanted to breed a replacement but it'd be a pain because of the girl and chance of getting its normal ability and now the culling is a thing so I no longer care.

Koffing in Fire Red... It used self destruct

I didn't have the master ball yet despite being on Cinnabar because I couldn't figure out how to get into Saffron City

user... that eevee was hacked in. It's not genuine. I'm sorry.

I collected multiple shinies in pearl and traded for more, but I cant actually remember the first one I caught. I just remember chaining shiny catches, then being horrified when I realized all of the ones I traded for were likely hacked.

>Emerald
>Heading southbound with surf
>Shiny Tentacool
>No balls
>FUCK
>Get more balls for the return trip. still fucking pissed
>Next encounter is another shiny tentacool

Attached: 1524459726235.jpg (789x729, 76K)

Mine was Ho-oh in gold after failing to catch it about 10 times. I thought nothing about the sparkly design because I thought it was part of the Pokemons design.

I also started my modern collection with a shiny eevee by stealing it in a trade by stating my evee had a perfect Iv's and egg moves and a hidden ability on a trade board. You could only see the ability in X and Y. After cloning it I started trading and filled out almost a perfect fighting meta over a hundred perfect shinys including a few of my favorites with different stats and moves.

The lengths that you have to go to be competitive and still have a Pokemon with a color you want is ridiculous. That along with their inability to change over 30 years is why I hate gamefreak.

A green Skaarmory I got in Silver. I was confused about it being green and thought something was wrong, but kept it anyway.

Your friend was right to call you a liar since shinys werent inproduced until gen2

Besides the Gyarados, it was a shiny Donphan on Silver I couldn't catch because my box was full.
Than I got a green Zubat on Saphire.

Based illiterate user

Only shiny I've encountered was Hariyama in Sapphire. It used Whirlwind right away so I never caught a shiny.

A shiny trapinch that ran away :(
a shiny voltic that i evolved and would still have if i didnt lose the cartridge
my brother ko'd a shiny zubat
probably some others but those stick out because they were lost

I have played at least one game from every generation and have never encountered a shiny.

Nah there was a duplication glitch in Gen 6 It could have been real. I bred shiny Froakie, Cottonee, and Eevees, duped them and flooded wondertrade with them.

I encounter at least 1 shiny per playthrough. You're doing it wrong.

>be me
>dont really care about pokemon but play through the main series games in 2 days every time on emulator whenever they come out
>playing black and white
>get a shiny sandile
>dont realise its shiny halfway through the game
oops

This gal

Attached: DFA45A80-E9EC-4FD1-8016-5AD14107D9CF.jpg (2048x1961, 1.6M)

This in Pokemon Emerald, I went absolutely nuts when I saw it

Attached: 281-00-shiny.png (256x256, 20K)

>trapinch that ran away
>ran away

>The lengths that you have to go to be competitive and still have a Pokemon with a color you want is ridiculous
Everyone and their mom had save editors by the time of X and Y. You're just autistic

Red Gyrados in Silver. My real first shiny was a shiny Whismur that I KO'd since I thought I would get more EXP, didn't do dick to help level up my lv 89 Swampert though.

right i misremembered I think my power went out

A shiny Mawile. She is my prize possession. My favorite out of all my 'mons. Imagine my excitement when Mega Mawile came along and turned out to be insane.

Imagine my disappointment when Mawilite isn't obtainable in Sun&Moon. I ain't shelling out for the sequels just to Mega evolve my darling you hacks

Attached: 1553266743659.png (366x391, 167K)

thats not a legit shiny

Glaceon in B/W if we count nonlegit methods.
Otherwise, Riolu in X/Y

A golden poochyena in emerald.

>not legit
how can you tell?

If you really want a shiny, Gamefreak introduced ways to increase your chances in modern games. I forget the specifics, but it involves looking for shaking in tall grass.

Bidoof in pearl. Literally my first encounter after getting pokeballs.

Shiny kakuna in the bug hunting contest in soul silver, I think I used my masterball on it. Now hes a green beedrill.

Shiny Ariados in ORAS. Then I hatched a shiny Ponyta after like 500 eggs

My first shiny was a Tangela in Crystal version

go play pokemon go

drowning in shinies. mudkip community day was yesterday and I raked in 9 shinies including 2 in a row. bagon community was nuts, i caught 16 shinies including 3 in a row and later that night a full-odds shiny gastly for good measure.

i know it isn't special when it's this easy, but it will help you to ease the pain. i also recently found a shiny sableye in blazeblack 2

Attached: 1495260875975.png (574x437, 169K)

Fucking deerling. I played every pokemon game and didnt find a wild shiny the entire time until fucking deerling

Shiny Audino in White. Caught her in that grassy area where youbsee the sleeping fetus thing next to the city. Broken chain link fences and shit you know where I mean.

Attached: images(2).jpg (250x187, 6K)

I haven't found a single shiny in my 17 years of continuosly playing Pokemon games.

Attached: 1560747466806 27.jpg (480x480, 16K)

fire red is gen 3

Pelipper in Ruby. (Technically Gyarados in Silver, but I don't really count it since it's forced)

Same, but I don't care either way. Maybe I'm just smarter than the rest of you but I realize the futility in rewards that are purely based on chance and not skill.

I caught all 151 Pokémon in '99. Beat that, you fucking zoomers.

Same as this dude, though I only played Blue through X/Y.

Mawilite can be traded to SM you dumbass just ask someone on /vp/ to trade you one
Not that it matters now since megas aren't in SnS.

Rage lake Gyarados. I'm colorblind so it's not like a little palette swap makes me care

it was wondertraded in a game that had a hufe pokehax problem

source: i used to wondertrade hacked shinys

I got 5 (all mediocre stats but eh, one with perfect atk and 0 HP/Def so whatever)
Mudkip day was very fruitful

Mine was a Tyrogue in gen 2 from an egg around 2009ish.

Geodude. I was lucky because it knew selfdestruct.

I can't remember if I got a legit shiny before this, because I fucked around with action replay on my Pearl game, including making every pokemon shiny so my memory of shinies from back when I was a kid is skewed. Definitely didn't get any in gen 3, probably none in gen 4, and almost definitely none in gen 5.
But in X/Y on launch day my starter Froakie was shiny. I was confused for 2 levels why he sparkled when he came out of the pokeball, since he's one of those shinies that are like one shift on the hexadecimal scale away from their original colours.
Shiny Greninja was fucking sweet though, shit was SO cash.

First non-gyarados shiny experience I had though was my best friend getting a shiny nincada in Ruby. When it evolved he got two shinies for the price of one.

Barring fixed/event gift shinies (e.g. LoR Gyarados, NP Haxorus, the ORAS season prize Mewtwo, etc.) my first shiny was a Horsea if I remember right.

Attached: Shiny Horsea DW.jpg (480x360, 18K)

Excluding the Lake of Rage Gyarados, mine was a Graveler (on Victory Road I think) and it used Self-Destruct.

Like I'm going to associate with any retarded /vp/ posters

I have 6 (six) Swamperts hovering just under 2500 CP who all failed to pick up EQ as their second charge move so it's back to the TM mines for me

All my shinies have shit IVs. This is true of every community day by the way, my haul of shiny torchics has something like 29% IVs on average

Nigger you don't even know what a palette is

Attached: 1537639288141.jpg (500x500, 60K)

Never found a shiny in a mainline game.
Did find a shiny Mokou in Touhoumon Emerald, and got Pokerus once in Silver, which is rarer than a shiny.

Nidorino in X

Attached: nidorino.png (900x760, 238K)

Hey same! Onixboyz

The circumstances of one's birth are irrelevant. It is what you do with the gift of life that determines who you are.

Attached: Mewtwo-Pokemon-Wallpapers-3.jpg (800x450, 36K)

based

Then ask literally any other website, it doesn't really matter which one they all have people willing to just give that shit away, it's a single item mate.
And /vp/ tends to be decently friendly if you ask in /wfg/, not sure if that's still around. All you'd have to do is one trade then forget about them.

Dustox

Unown, I was very disappointed. Caught in Pokemon Platinum

I have 2 CD Swamperts, that's all the candy I had enough for.
EQ is the one it wants? Well shit, I caught a 98% non-shiny one and it got EQ as the second charge move, that's good right?
My shiny one is fairly low CP and I just wanted it as a pretty shiny Swampert. Might power it up, might not. Probably not but at least it looks nice.
For CD's for me, that's also true. I had to evo 2 shiny metagross with mediocre IVs. Only one I've ever caught that's had great IVs as a CD shiny was a Chikorita.

a blue-nosed diglett from diglett cave in soul silver

Shiny magikarp was my first and only I caught while playing mon...and it was in the original silver version where everyone got a free shiny gyrados anyway. So it had like zero value..

my first shiny was a duskull, second one was a gastly

Attached: dusk.png (320x259, 93K)

Shiny Vulpix in Silver.

Shiny Tentacool. I found it near the end of the game, so I didnt use it. feels bad man.

Attached: shadow looking sad.jpg (570x609, 28K)