Bioware says 'we're definitely not done with Mass Effect'

>Bioware says 'we're definitely not done with Mass Effect'

>In a studio profile on Polygon, Anthem's executive producer Mike Darrah and general manager Casey Hudson suggest that Bioware still has faith in the Mass Effect series after Andromeda underwhelmed fans in 2017.

>“We’re definitely not done with Mass Effect," says Darrah. "There’s a lot of stories to be told. We could pull on the threads we put down with Andromeda; we could pull on threads from Mass Effect 3. There’s a lot of interesting space to be explored.”

>“In my mind, it’s very much alive,” says Hudson. “I’m thinking all the time about things that I think will be great. It’s just a matter of getting back to it as soon as we can.”

>'As soon as we can' might be a while. In addition to launching Anthem and supporting it as a living game, Bioware also appears to be working on a new Dragon Age game.

>The report suggests that the Frostbite engine may have been partly responsible for Bioware's Andromeda struggles. RPG systems had to be constructed from scratch to support the kind of story-driven game Bioware is famous for. The studio has since invested in advanced performance capture technology for Anthem. The Andromeda project was also rebooted multiple times, after failed experiments involving procedurally generated planets. The bulk of the game that we played was apparently developed in an 18-month sprint.

>Imagine a new Mass Effect game built with new technology and a less fraught production phase. It's one of our favourite series ever, and it deserves another shot.

When does Nu-Bioware realize that everything they touch dies? They aren't going to be making any quality games anymore, it's only because EA is swinging their massive cock down their throats that their shitting out bad games. Mass Effect has been dead for 12 years, it's time to let go.

Attached: maxresdefault[1].jpg (1280x720, 135K)

Other urls found in this thread:

kotaku.com/ea-cancels-open-world-star-wars-game-1831786371
kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

>Frostbite engine may have been partly responsible for Bioware's Andromeda struggles
Oh, sure. "Maybe".

If it's a direct continuation it's DOA. They need another reboot

>"We’re definitely not done with Mass Effect, we still have to bury it."

This. What's up with liberal retards never learning from their mistakes?

In a perfect world:
>Reworked trilogy
>A proper prequel
What will happen:
>Cheap remaster
>Sequel to andromeda/another shity restart

In a perfect world:
>Movies, shows, and videogames stop hiring based on diversity
What will happen:
>Movies, shows, and videogames will blame their lack of success on racists and continue to destroy everything

Well, if we go by the Ghostbusters debacle, it's more likely a return to Shepard and co. in hopes to salvage the name, as 343i is doing with Halo as well and a return to the Chief. OR they can go on with Andromeda and commit corporate suicide int he process.

Lol BioWare is gonna bring us another major flop for us to laugh at

Hopefully this time it’ll be followed by departmental layoffs

be visceral entertainment
>make ONE game that didn't meet sales expectations
>get unceremoniously shut down
be bioware
>make game after game that fails at market
>never ever get shut down
this is stubborness so strong it could rival the oldest japanese executives.

F for what once was and what could have been

Don't forget comics.

>In addition to launching Anthem and supporting it as a living game
>living game
What? Never seen this term, this some new meme?

no, means everchanging, used since the brink of mmos

Living game? Are they seriously already trying to rebrand "live service"? Holy shit they're greedy kikes.

Try to remember how many manes they use for loot boxes now

>The next few years saw a number of changes in BioWare's corporate status. In November 2005, it was announced that BioWare and Pandemic Studios (itself founded by former Activision employees) would be joining forces, with private equity fund Elevation Partners investing in the partnership. On 11 October 2007, however, it was announced that this new partnership (organized as VG Holding Corp.) had been bought by Electronic Arts.[7] BioWare therefore became a unit of EA, but retained its own branding.

Attached: 5506ad559ac6c.jpg (720x776, 244K)

Didn't EA spend billions on Bioware right before they released Mass Effect? So technically Mass Effect was the last true bioware game.

>The report suggests that the Frostbite engine may have been partly responsible for Bioware's Andromeda struggles
doesn't explain the bad writing, bad art, bad voice acting
get the old crew back or new people that are more concerned with games rather than their twitter feed

Yeah, I'm guessing that the deal with Microsoft to publish Mass Effect was already contractualised, when in fact they were, by that time, in the process of becoming an EA subsidiary. EA was investing in pre-ME Bioware. If ME was not such an unexpected hit, perhaps history would have been very different.

I think its because EA sees more potential to monetise DA and ME than with DS. Perhaps because they are (or can be forced to become) relatively non-linear open-world RPGs. That being said, I don't see how Fallen Order fits in with EA's strategy. It might be a contractual thing with Disney - to produce a linear action game about Jedi (as a movie tie-in).

Bring Shepard back and I will pirate it because I didnt even bother pirating Andromeda

>we're definitely not done

Attached: stop he's already dead.jpg (286x177, 14K)

Dragon Age origins was in development since 2002 and feels more like old Bioware

Mass Effect was literally never good. No, not even Mass Effect 1.

>Fallen Order
Its contractual. EA killed a past Star Wars game written by the Uncharted 1-3 lead based on it not having enough monetization or multiplayer.

Then BF2 happened and the shitfest was so bad that it distracted disney from VIII's marketing and caused a legislative commotion, and Disney apparently had a very, very stern talk with EA that im sure went something like "you have 72 hours to unfuck yourself and get our IP off MSNBC or we are killing any future gaming cooperation with EA and going to Square Enix".

Fallen Order is almost certainly them trying to soothe over Disney

Thanks for the info; interesting and heavy. You got any further reading/sources?

kotaku.com/ea-cancels-open-world-star-wars-game-1831786371

kotaku.com/the-collapse-of-viscerals-ambitious-star-wars-game-1819916152
^^^this one is the better one

>inb4 Kotaku
Yeah, but they do a decent job citing people's names and stuff here. Now, allegedly, they canned it on the monetization, saying something along the lines (to the game dev): "FIFA makes 1 billion a year. Where is your version of that?" on the topic of single player open world games.

[from article]: Some say that EA was never quite committed to Ragtag, in large part because it represented the type of game that the publisher has mostly abandoned: a single-player, “play it once” game that would need to sell millions just to break even. Yet Visceral’s problems had deeper roots. “It felt like we were always under the threat of closure,” said one former employee. “It was a really unhealthy place.”

[here's the quote directly]: Hennig also wasn’t used to working with a corporation like Electronic Arts. Despite being owned by electronics giant Sony, Naughty Dog had been able to operate autonomously, in large part because they were widely perceived as the corporation’s prestige video game studio. At EA, however, things were different. “She was giving these massive presentations on the story, themes,” said one person who worked on Ragtag. “EA executives are like, ‘FIFA Ultimate Team makes a billion dollars a year.’ Where’s your version of that?”

I just finished Andromeda today, parts of it were fun but most of the writing and non combat mechanics were garbage

Thx user, will read before bed.

>"FIFA makes 1 billion a year. Where is your version of that?"
I remember this. Keep in mind the politics are so FUCKED in EA that making "locker room talk" comments that would have been commonplace 30-40 years ago will get you sacked, even if you're the BOSS.
>Jean Philippe Grenet, 56, a senior director at Electronic Arts Ireland, was fired six months after taking the $256,000-a-year (€160,000) job
>The head of one of the world’s largest video game makers has been fired after telling a female colleague on a conference call that an internal company discussion shouldn’t be a matter of seeing “who has a bigger d***”
So the company is pretty much committing suicide

Almost all writing in media is garbage now. They only hire their own even if they aren't qualified.

Casey Hudson didn't fuck up Mass Effect up enough last time, so Bioware is sending him in to finish the job

Necrophilia is a crime. Let mass effect rest in peace.

It was decent. The writing is the same as every other Bioware game and the gameplay is nothing to write home about, but the sum of the parts makes for an enjoyable experience. For the most part. The second game definitely had better polish from a gameplay standpoint, but it marked the downslide of the franchise storywise and with immense casualization.

I've actually been wanting to return to the first game. The RPG mechanics in it were enjoyable. Plus, I'm one of the weirdos that really enjoys fucking around on planets with the Mako.

>So the company is pretty much committing suicide
EA is literally incapable of committing suicide so long as the braindead masses continute gobbling up FIFA games so that they're almost always #1
though they are going to ruin every single studio involved in making single player games, which is already happening

Okay, correction. EA is trying to commit suicide

>Polygon

I want my comfy Mass Effects thread back lads it's not fair.