Play EVERSPACE

play EVERSPACE.

Attached: 6411027151504879681gol1.jpg (1920x1080, 518K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=wKoJKe_yKQI
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I already am. Glad to see another based non-toaster owning PCChad enjoying some patrician games.

Already did since the game and Encounters DLC were 80% off on this year's Steam Summer Sale.
Pretty neat for its price.

Attached: 396750_screenshots_20190715034135_1.jpg (1920x1080, 320K)

i do but dont have a flight stick. feels bad man.

hilarious that the first achievement i got was for dying.

How good is this game in vr, also what do you do it in?

It’s just FTL with Freelancer combat and navigation

The best way to play it is in 3rd person view with mouse.

I bought the game at the start of this year during a sale but haven't got around to playing it, didn't even check out if there was a DLC before I started playing it recently. RIP to that, I'll get the DLC as well once another sale starts.

I refunded that shit pretty fast

DLC adds some quests, NPCs and new locations to the game so if you don't want to play through the empty game Encounters is a must have.

Is it better than Elites Dangerous because I've been displeased with the direction that has been going for a while and would like something new.

Attached: Screenshot_0186.jpg (1680x1050, 143K)

Is there another game like Freelancer? Open space combat and exploration but with focus on narrative too.

>3rd person
gross

nah
it gets old pretty fucking fast which i never would have expected to be the case. i blame it on every environment looking the same and every fight playing out the same
it did nothing for me. actually decided to give it another shot just the other day and it gave me its final 10min of space gaming action

enjoy losing every encounter

Well shit.
I tell ya, man. Engineers ruined ED.

well yeah but i can't imagine everspace is very expensive and maybe you'll find something you like about it, so if you like space shit, i'd say just go for it
holy fuck it's $40 smackaroos with the dlc. 100% not worth it, for anyone. i take it all back

>VR
nigga I just might, thanks for the shill thread OP I hadn't heard of this

I've been thinking about getting this on switch, but I can't decide between it, Starlink and Taiko no tatsujin

Isn't Between the Stars better?

it's EA game, it can't be better

Is Isolated Games owned by EA?

Attached: 1560407126318.gif (498x280, 1.88M)

Attached: 1562720229690.gif (355x413, 374K)

Attached: miridia.gif (352x180, 1.7M)

Helium Rain is better

still waiting for a modern single player space sim, none of that
>just instance a private sesion that still needs to be online bro

Attached: 1563528815893.jpg (600x537, 38K)

Helium Rain

looks cool user, but it's a little bit different genre

they're both in space though

what more do you want?

everspace is like one big adventure with clear goal, quests, voice acting and characters.
It's also a rogielite.

I heard it's the FTL of Dark Souls

I'm trying to play it in 1st person cockpit view and it just feels clunky sort of, can't see much below me, pretty much just restricted to seeing through the windows of the ship, when I checked to 1st person without the cockpit view, it actually feels way better to navigate and shoot stuff with precision that way, kinda of bums me out because i wanted to use the cockpit view.

Attached: 1549581471555.jpg (413x380, 12K)

And lots of asteroid mining

You can oneshot all mining spots with Flak cannon

Combat is literally turning in circles because the AI doesn't know how to hit you, and since you are a glass cannon you have to stay as far away as possible (even if you play as a "tank" ship). And you have to grind the first 3 areas forever until you have a chance at the end game.

gitgud faggot

This is how I've always felt with racing games and the few times I've tried Ace Combat. Camera perspectives that don't clutter your view are just better for gameplay, but I rather stick with 3rd person because 1st person without cockpit just makes the experience feel "empty" to me, if that makes sense.

>you have to grind the first 3 areas forever
Nah. I beat a boss without any secondary weapons devices or consumables left on me at the time while my shield was damaged as well.

That's what fighter combat is like in every space game

Freespace 2 is the best space combat game IMO. Tropey but good story (if you're okay with exposition through shitloads of text), awesome space combat, no exploration whatsoever.
It's fairly old, but there are some graphics mods.

Got bummed when I understood it was just a list of missions to go through. It's more close to Ace combat in space than to freelancer.

There is nothing like freelancer except maybe Darkstar One which is shit and Rebel galaxy if you like broadside based combat. I'm waiting on RO outlaw but I don't like the lolsorandumb main character.

I never understood people calling freespace 2 the best space sim.
We literally have better phone games now (GoF2), shit like modded X3 is a whole another dimension of quality.

Tried it. It's a good idea but god the VA and writing are 12 yo tier.

Please don't die thread. I want a good space game. I tried Star Sector. Everything is there but the story for now. I want a story and lore. Not empty planets.

Elite could have been so good but its buried under a pile of grindy space trucking.

Avorion

try space rangers

Someone really needs to make EV:Override in a modern engine.

though stupidly named, Rebel Galaxy Outlaw was looking promising last i saw
youtube.com/watch?v=wKoJKe_yKQI

Hells yeah, check this one out y'all. It's worth nabbing because of the strong independent female protagonist alone.

Looks good but proportions seem fucked. Is the second one better and will I understand shit if I start with it ? Also what is Legacy (the mobile sequel) worth ?

Sounds retarded thanks

one of those free games huh, thanks epic games store I'll check torrent sites at august 12

Hell yeah

>Freelancer 2 never ever
>Squadron 42 never ever
>non autism space game with good narrative never ever
>Elite Dangerous having meaningful content never ever
>EvE ever being not spreadsheet autism never ever

FUCKING HELL WHY IS IT SO HARD TO MAKE A GOOD SPACE GAME WITH DECENT ENOUGH STORY IN THE MODERN DAY

Attached: 2019.02.10-01.37.png (2560x1080, 2.68M)

>proportions
what do you mean? It's pretty old game
I played 1 and 2. Great games. You don't need to play first to get into second.
War apart is 2+addon, I heard it's super bugged.
Don't know about mobile version.

Just play euro space truck simulator like everyone else

Bro I've already got 500 hours in Elite and play with a HOTAS, but I can't stomach it any further.

>Squadron 42 never ever
By all accounts it should reach playable state next winter, but I won't be surprised if it won't.

>Still no good space game that does good fleet vs fleet battles or lets pilot a capital ship

Are you guys not bored of flying a small fighter and fighting groups of 3 pirates yet?

There's Underspace

play helium rain

bought this back in spring sale, tried twice and didn't grow on me. How do i gitgud or at least enjoy this?

Attached: isildur.gif (500x209, 1.94M)

also can recommend 3300 deathwar redux, sweet little game.
Problem is the length of main story and that you don't really need to do jobs, explore or grind for the best ship to finish main story and there are no other content apart from it.

Battlefleet gothic armada 2 looks up you alley.

roguelite games meant to be played in short sessions.
Pick ship, invest credits in it, progress further in story, progress in optional quests.

ANONYMOUS

Attached: 1540882066737.png (517x609, 596K)

Rebel Galaxy Outlaw's coming out
But it's EGS exclusive

if you like freespace 2 you might like this

Attached: Strike_Suit_Zero.jpg (560x420, 95K)

>Oh man a good looking space game
>its a rougelike

Yeah, no.

Isn't that just a Freelancer clone?

Star Citizen has a gunboat. Pretty cool fully manned.

>Rougelike

No thanks.
Back to X4 I go.

I think that's the point, it's by the Yea Forumslancer guys. And if you weren't around for the glory days of Yea Forumslancer you should kill yourself, because it'll never be that good again.

god i keep dying like a fucking retard by smashing into asteroids

Pulsar Lost Colony for the Star Trek feeling

>GoF2
What does that acronym stand for?

Galaxy on Fire 2

Attached: file.png (396x98, 84K)

I want to, but I instinctually feel that the enjoyment I would derive from it would not be adequate for its price, and my instincts are very seldom wrong.
2 years old, never gone down in price at all, and the bundled edition is a fucking sham that justifies its price by giving you the worthless upgrade to deluxe edition, making it almost cost as much as buying the basic game and the actual worthwhile DLC seperately.
even in a sale it feels wrong.

>only supports headset

Attached: 1434924873185.jpg (114x122, 7K)

>have the resources and money to make Freelancer 2
>make a roguelite instead

it had something like 70% discount on summer sale you dumb faggot

X4 is getting better lads.

And theyre experimenting with online play.

It's still an X game. I've gotten sick of the jank.

>We literally have better phone games now (GoF2)
kys

isn't there the new X gama that appaarenty is not sucking dick?

No it sucks dick, like Reunion it's kind of a mess

>another based non-toaster owning PCChad enjoying some patrician games
>based
>PCCHAD
>enjoying some patrician games
>has a trip
jesus fucking christ, everything about and this post is pure cancer. just fucking kill yourself and stop posting with a trip

How's House of the Dying Sun