Xenoblade Chronicles

Do I need to play this to understand XC2? Because I don't have a Wii nor a N3DS, but I have a Switch and a O3DS. I'm a huge fan of Xenogears and I readed that these games are based on the same universe or something like that. Fuck Xenosaga tho, those were awful games.

Attached: monado_beginning_of_the_world-1752697.jpg (580x815, 126K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ngQqeUB708
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Not really, no. I'd still recommend you play it at some point just because it's good, though.

Where can I play it tho? Can it be emulated yet?

Xenoblade 1 is the better game and though you don't need to play it to understand 2, you should to properly appreciate it. 2's ending (the best part) is deeply enriched by knowledge of the first game's plot

You should buy the new 3DS or 2DS while they still make them desu. Getting a wii and hacking it only costs $30 at the most
Pretty much everything relevant can be, yes.
Nintendo consoles have a better track record for emulation compatibility

Not really but it makes the ending better and it's arguably the better of the two anyway, although XC2 is still very good.

If you have a Wii U, it's on the Wii U eshop. Otherwise, just emulate it if you plan on playing it.

It can easily be emulated on Dolphin, there's also HD texture packs if you're into that.

No but play 1 anyway because it's a much better game. 2 is still fun and the ending gets better if you played 1 but 1 is kino

It's not necessary, per se. But you should anyways because it's a great game.

Cemu

fuck was thinking of X. this

No, but XC1 is the much better game and you should play it.

They have nothing to do with Xenogears, and XC2 is as far from Xenogears as you can get.

Bump for interest

No, but you should play it anyway. It's good, it runs on Dolphin, and beating it makes a moment in XC2 god-tier.

It’s not inherently necessary but still recommended, because both share some concepts and terminology.
As someone that was roughly in the same situation as you, I bought into the hype and was kind of disappointed by how bland the characters in 1 were except for Melia. And villains were pretty bad too

>XC2 is as far from Xenoegars as you get
Oh you mean the game that has parallels to a shit ton of Gears lore and is basically kickstarting Perfect Works again? The game with silly super robot references and dumb fun anime stuff the devs put in because they liked it?
Stop talking shit.

>Do I need to play this to understand XC2?
No, but there’s some endgame stuff that’ll fly over your head if you don’t play it.

Also, 3DS version is great for getting through the game if you don’t have the time to sit in front of a TV for 60+ hours.

Attached: 6CC73B3F-9DD5-44F9-9CD9-32DC04971420.jpg (4032x3024, 1.2M)

>I'm a huge fan of Xenogears and I readed that these games are based on the same universe or something like that.
They aren't. It's just Takahashi being Takahashi and reusing old concepts.

play 1 and then don't play 2 at all

>Do I need to play this to understand XC2?
it would be in your best interest to do so

>Because I don't have a Wii nor a N3DS, but I have a Switch and a O3DS. I'm a huge fan of Xenogears and I readed that these games are based on the same universe or something like that
they are not in the same universe, Xenoblade 2 has themes and arcs that mirror xenogears's but 1 and X are nothing like it apart from loose gnosticism

>Xenogears and I readed that these games are based on the same universe
No, it's yet another reboot. XB2 makes the first game better but playing 1 is not necessary to understand 2, there may just be one moment that may seem confusing at the end of the game

>XC2 is as far from Xenogears as you can get.
0 IQ

Yes, it's the best way to play it.

which one should I emulate, wii or 3ds?

how did you map out the controllers? I have an xbox controller laying around, but don't know if it'd be better on keyboard

Wii. No point in emulating the 3DS version, the entire draw is the portability.

If you’re going to emulate, Wii so you can upscale everything. 3DS version is only worth a play on real hardware, and even then it’s compromising presentation for convenience of play.

Not really but it's still enjoyable. It's more fully baked, though a little bit less expansive than XB2. Its mechanics work more clearly with each other in a more tight-knit gameplay loop

Play it on the Wii or Emulator if you can, it’s really amazing.

Attached: 7B647472-9EC6-41D6-BB68-17A97A0D6566.jpg (557x605, 103K)

Which version of XB1 it's the better way to play it? Wii or N3DS?

Wii emulated via Dolphin > Wii > 3DS

Honestly if you want to understand everything Xeno-related you probably should play all Xeno games.
But if you want to know if you need to play xbc1 to understand xbc2, then the answer is no.

Dolphin with hd packs > Dolphin regular= Wii > 3DS > Citra

emulate the Wii version on PC for the best experience.

the 3ds version doesn't even have japanese audio, it's useless

>xenosaga
>awful
t. brainlet

>Dolphin with hd packs
>best
Maybe if you turn off those awful faces.

>That moment when Rex grabs the third sword and it flashes the ending of XC1 across the screen

One of the few times I ever freaked out at a game. It's sad because I went and specifically looked up people's reactions to that scene and no one says anything about it, they just talk about Nia.

Attached: 1541934675675.jpg (681x1200, 324K)

I got curious and did the same thing a month or so after the game came out and there were one or two streamers who did manage to pick up on it, but that was it.
And there was a depressing number of 'XB1 fans' who didn't even figure out who Klaus was. People are fucking idiots.

Play this and don't play 2, 2 is shit.

XC2 is the closest the Xenoblade series has gotten to Xenogears unironically.
youtube.com/watch?v=-ngQqeUB708

A lot of the revelations makes a lot of older fans wonder if it's meant to be a toned down rebook/rework of Perfect Works.

reboot*

I wish Chugga would do a XC2 playthrough because you know he'd 100% have flipped his shit at it.

>Shulk's dialogue before fighting Zanza echoing as you fight Malos. Unbridled kino.

The ending really sucks.

Cutscene Chronicles

miiks stop shilling your shitty videos

Mythra a best!

Attached: 1547858942169.jpg (595x842, 640K)

Xenoblade 1 is pretty fucking different from Xenogears and Xenosaga, a lot lighter on the sci-fi and more heavy on the fantasy aspects.
Mechanically, it's got a sort of MMO type thing going with skill cooldowns and auto-attacks.
XB1 is a pretty tightly knit game and it rolls well into XB2

>XC2 is as far from Xenogears as you can get.
defend this argument beyond "xenogears is seen as good, and I like xenoblade 1 more than 2, so xenoblade 2 is very far from xenogears because it's bad and xenogears is good"

muh tone

I suppose, but that tone is shared between XB2 and XB1. XB1 starts the game with a major tragedy in the beginning but 1 and 2 are pretty similar from there on out.

>Do I need to play this to understand XC2
No, but it's good supplementary material AND a great game, so you still should. Basically the same deal as with Earthbound and Mother 3. It's pretty easy to emulate on Dolphin provided your computer isn't a literal toaster. It's also on the Wii U virtual console but nobody has a Wii U.
Xenoblade isn't "based on" Xenogears, it's just literally made by the same guy and thus explores some of the same themes and use some of the same literary references.

I disagree. XB2 spends way more time being lighthearted and silly and focusing on jokey shit in its first half than XB1 did. Even in the second half, where it's a lot closer to the kind of tone we saw in XB1, it still felt much lighter to me. Even as the plot is getting much more serious, you still get a lot of goofy stuff mixed in with things like Rex quoting the Salvager's Code at Klaus as well as his infamous "and all you guys" line.
And that isn't even mentioning the game's side content, which gets silly way more often than 1's did. Practically every other heart to heart is just a setup for a joke.
Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing - it's to be expected, considering what Takahashi wanted the game to feel like, but I wouldn't call 1 and 2 THAT similar in tone.

>but I wouldn't call 1 and 2 THAT similar in tone.
I suppose. Maybe I'll play XB1 again soon and share your perspective, but I remember the story taking itself fairly lightly, particularly in Heart-2-hearts. The main story events are treated more consistently seriously, but that's also because XB1 is paced better than XB2 such that light-hearted moments don't linger too long.
In general, I found that XB2 reminded me more of XG in terms of the structure of the plot itself and the actors in play. It may have been a lot lighter than Xenogears, but I'd also go and say XB1 was lighter than Xenogears as well. Neither of the Xenoblade games deal with the psychology of the protagonist or party members to nearly the same level that I think is actually a big part of why XG is able to stay as serious as it was

>Personally, I don't think that's a bad thing - it's to be expected, considering what Takahashi wanted the game to feel like, but I wouldn't call 1 and 2 THAT similar in tone.
I agree, I think that XB2 was clearly intended to have a lot of down-time between story events to give the player and party time to breath and relax. I honestly wish we got the camp-fire stuff shown in the concept art as a mechanic like it was in Torna.
Yeah, you raise a fair point about the way events in each game are presented