Metroid

Redpill me on Metroid Fusion, tell me why it's so good, I can't see it.

Attached: Metroid Fusion.jpg (220x220, 18K)

It's not Other M

Wow, it's not shit wrapped in tinfoil, thanks.

Metroid Fusion took what made Metroid what it was and deconstructed it

It went from an open world game to an enclosed, suspense filled, linear mission. You went from being a roughened explorer to a helpless being from the VERY start of the gameIt also ended on a cliffhanger so UUGGHH, but Samus is not the one we once knew by the end (I won't spoil anything for you) as the Metroid Series remains undecided

>Speed Booster before, a very fast and satisfying move to pull off
>Speed Booster now, slow, sluggish, and very formulaic.

It's not.

atmospheric, reasonably difficult, decent music, SA-X is cool, decent writing, CANNON, fun to replay.

it's the only metroid that's creepy

Attached: nightmare___metroid_fusion_by_zizzaz_d4x5bzo-pre.jpg (838x953, 136K)

Oh fuck off, Metroid 2 had arguably scarier moments.

Attached: Unsettling.png (506x460, 22K)

Most Metroid games are a little eerie

It has good gameplay, lots of bosses and tight controls. Even though it's linear, the pace is good and the atmosphere is great.

Some bosses are misses and samus's sprite looks bad in all suits.

I actually like the suit, it's all scrawny and disgusting, awesome.
But yeah, the navigation room locking you inside sectors, the sector locks, all that shit, it's not fun, you're not finding items because you want to, you're finding them because you're told to do so.

The suit is fine, but the sprite looks like a mess.

The art direction is great and it takes full advantage of its linearity to have sections like when the power to the station shuts off and all the doors and lifts stop working. Some of the puzzles to get expansions are pretty elaborate and mechanically challenging too.

Piss off Mark

Attached: 21094790.png (388x308, 72K)

it had everything you need, it looked great sounded great, and played great
plus the fusion suit is awesome

Attached: 087608760876.jpg (2202x3716, 608K)

Atmospheric, linear without being completely suffocating, looks great for a GBA game, managed to hit the right ratio of narrative to gameplay that gives the game a decent plot that builds on the lore of Metroid without completely overtaking the game.

I think it would have been a contender for the GOAT Metroid title if it had more exploration

Who?

Attached: What the fuck you sayin.png (178x206, 69K)

Except for Varia Fusion

This is pretty much it. It's the worst one otherwise. Even pinball was better.

Metroid 2 has the middle bit which is just dogshit. That whole section where everything is made of destructable sand. It;'s so bad,

> tell me why it's so good
it's not, it's only held up by nostalgia

it's proto-other M, they share many of the same issues

>metroid ever being openworld
>samus being helpless in fusion when she absorbs the primary antagonists of the game

>prime 2
the only things creepy in fusion are the two 15 second encounters with SA-X and nightmare

It's not good. It killed the franchise with its stupid story.

I liked it more than Metroid II, a little.

This

I like it because its action focused and harder than something like Super Metroid. It was also super athmospheric. Had some real legit horror elements for 2D game.

I dont care about the open nature of Metroid games.

Attached: 1541250505639.png (556x773, 439K)

Lemme guess, your first and last.

I made it clear in my post that I played super metroid.

You dropped it on upper Brinstar, eh?

super metroid is an insanely easy game you mongoloid

You are a faggot for typing like that