Now that the dust has settled, why was Persona 5 such a massive hit with JRPG fans old and new...

Now that the dust has settled, why was Persona 5 such a massive hit with JRPG fans old and new, while Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was trashed even by its own long time series fans?

Was XC2 really THAT much worse?

Attached: 1556306143128.jpg (496x335, 101K)

I enjoyed both

>Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was trashed even by its own long time series fans?
false

Both were pretty decent, stop trying to bait fanbase wars op

Xenoblade 2 was just a story about a waifu and her amazing power level, and has a terrible artstyle.

>has a terrible artstyle

Attached: 2018061209285400-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 297K)

That looks like some anime bullshit clusterfuck.

>clusterfuck
???

Shit graphics, over the top garbage anime designs that clash with the generic shitty building and textures, basically no consistency or sense of grounded existence that would make it believable. It is utterly immersion breaking.

if you say so

Attached: 2018070505490700-659B13F48903294AE2B3FA4F12DA9898.jpg (1280x720, 285K)

They were both letdowns desu.
Especially XC2.

Attached: 1562383628257.gif (270x263, 3.91M)

The hypocrisy is real annoying knowing by fact that Persona is more anime than any other JRPG, ESPECIALLY knowing that it have anime cutscenes and an anime made for it.

Especially since the game is about japanese teenagers in japan going to school.

XC2 was okay i guess, but what really ruined it for me was the art direction.
everything was way too over the play.
like a gachashit where everything was drawn/designed by a completely different person causing styles to clash.

>while Xenoblade Chronicles 2 was trashed even by its own long time series fans?

says who? Eric spouting a false narrative?

I liked xc2 more, even with the unplayable handheld mode and that one part in the story where jin goes full retard saturday morning cartoon and manipulated particles that shit was so dumb im still shocked its real. I like anime but that was just fucking stupid

Yikes that looks awful

cause persona 5's gameplay is nice to look at and stylish for everyone even people that dont play jrpgs

They were both pretty good
XB2 was a big departure from XB1 and XBX stylistically and mechanically.
Persona 5 is also really solid: while it lacks the party dynamics or overarching plot of P4 or P3 (respectively), it has the strongest over-world in the series, making the use of each day far more enjoyable whereas the slice-of-life days mainly fed into the dungeons in prior titles.
Though it seems like P5 is more divisive since there are a lot of P4 and P3 fans that seem to contest its quality in certain areas

how so?
>tfw jin says "pshh, nothin personnel" almost verbatim

Is it funny that he never show that power off in Torna?

why would he have that power in torna?

Persona 5 had its own fresh style and aesthetics. XC2 was a collection of tired old generic tropes and designs from b-tier shonen anime. Even though both had very poor stories and shallow gameplay, Persona 5 had at least something up its sleeve to stand out

not that user but xc2 looks so fucking low resolution and bad. switch games (except for mariopretty much) all have this weird gamma and phone game esque look to them. I don't like it

That would look great if it weren't for those terrible character models.

Real talk tho, is XC2 worth full price? Been itching for a new rpg to play and it looks interesting enough but i'm still on the fence about making the purchase.

Is that some shitty mario galaxy stage?

eh, I kind of agree

Personafag here. I feel really bad for XB2fags, having not one not two but three shitposting autists constantly making their threads uninhabitable and all their underage copycats of course. We only have one to deal with

there's nothing else worth it on the switch so you might as well

Nothing on Switch is worth it for full price, not even the Switch itself.

Yes

>We only have one to deal with
Who?

I don’t know what the fuck you’re talking about. P5 was so stale. It took everything from P4, plot and gameplay, casualized the shit out it further, and slapped it into the Catherine engine.

Meanwhile Xenoblade 2 had a completely different cast, completely different story, different setting, different gameplay, everything. It had problems but I respect it way more than the endless tired rehash of Persona.

Persona 5 redefined JRPGs.
XC2 was just... shit.

We don't have a name for him but he claims that 2 and 5 are the only good Persona games even though he's never played 1 or 2.

>Persona 5 redefined JRPGs.
In what way?

Console war babies. Both were good.

It's very, very anime. Aggressively so. It's also TERRIBLE at explaining its mechanics, takes forever to get going (you don't unlock the full battle system until around 15 hours in when the game throws you into an awful area full of HP sponge enemies, and even then there's some vital things locked behind skills) has the whole gacha bullshit that's tied to the weapons system (though honestly if you're not worried about getting all the rare characters it isn't as horrible as I expected, the generic blades are perfectly usable to fill in gaps in your team), and looks awful in handheld mode.
Despite all that, it's a game that I had a bunch of fun with and genuinely do think is worth playing, but maybe not at full price. It's a love it or hate it deal, and I wouldn't recommend you take that risk unless you're really interested or can get it for