Tfw there will never be a half-life 3

>tfw there will never be a half-life 3
it still hurts

Attached: half life 3.jpg (620x420, 21K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RVu3qlU22qc
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8lJMWBbdI
steamcharts.com/app/583950
steamcharts.com/app/220
youtube.com/watch?v=D-GU4jvSvz4
youtube.com/watch?v=DiMMaggp8FI&t=0s
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

nobody cares anymore.

dude, just let it go

Attached: ujQCoNsz52M.jpg (768x902, 92K)

>inb4 VNN comes here with his HLVR autism again.

It was never good to begin with.

Fuck you. That's not cool.

Attached: FatherGrigori.jpg (568x476, 153K)

what do you mean? pretty sure we get a vr hl sequel

Attached: gayben.png (630x586, 169K)

its a vr game in hl universe tho unlikely to be hl3 but completely unsurprising if it is since hl3 being vr game has been the next logical step and been predicted and rumored ever since first vr headset came out

>your facts end where my feelings begin
you're like a sjw

Hope you're all fucking ready for RICOCHET 2

overrated franchise anyway
valve's only original game was half life 1
anything else they made are just mods or rip offs

If they try and pull that and succeed I will be incredibly surprised.
The V.R. market is already going dormant agian and at this point most hl fans are too jaded and cautious to blow so much money on a potentially shit game.
So unless they've somehow distilled the essence of Christ and infused it with software I see this coming out, being watched on youtube, then forgotten about like every other V.R.

can't wait for summer to end.

>later this year
so I'm guessing this has either been delayed or cancelled? surely if it were anything significant it would have been announced by now if it were coming this year

>The V.R. market is already going dormant agian
you're literally living off poorfag memes. VR market is constantly growing and you'd see that even from the threeads.
Rest I agree, hl3 wouldn't succeed a spinoff game done well that utilizes strenghts of vR would be a system seller unless it's 4 hours long or some shit

Stopped caring 10 years ago. Fuck Gabe.

just like they announced underlords and index
Oh wait they just released it.

>buy competitive live service game
>i like it
>no update and no word for 8 months
>it clearly needed them, so it dies

i wish i had bought Anthem instead of Artifact at this point.At least bioware is keeping the facade up, releasing mediocre patches and tweeting about updates.After this bullshit i am not touching any game valve makes, i wouldn't give a shit if they released half life 3 right now.

Stop caring.

I shouldn't have said dormant, its more pulling back into its core audience.
Its still growing and selling but slowly, and still has far to many limitations to be the mainstream thing it needs to be if it wants to really become a market staple.

yeah so you can fuck off
not everyone who disagrees with you is a kid you insecure faggot
>OLD GAME GOOD

honestly tech is fine, its just that all the big games are in the works currently and most indie devs halfass.

Stopped caring a long time ago. All I want now is more shitty fanfiction like Hunt Down The Freeman.

Does it still hurt? I dont believe it does. I dont give a shit anymore

Just play Prey 2017

Valve was always soulless

>the most talked about vr game right now is fnaf of all things

What the hell happend?

i do

>Jumping over the void in vr
that would be vomit-inducing (literally)

even if it came out it would be a squirt of shit akin to all the other recent valve releases

Attached: images (3).jpg (284x177, 4K)

Valve is probably washed up at this point anyway. Would be like if RDR was the last rockstar game and you spent your life wanting more. Sleep tight knowing all you were missing was GTAV and RDR2.

It sucks, but 1 and 2 are still classics so it's alright.
youtube.com/watch?v=RVu3qlU22qc
youtube.com/watch?v=Bg8lJMWBbdI

YOU

Attached: 1519700176256.jpg (1279x747, 68K)

>i'm retarded
cool post andy

But rdr2 was amazing you stupid retarded faggot

but csgo, l4d1, l4d2, dota 2, portal 1, 2 and tf2 and their zoomer games like underlords were all great you dumb retard

They never had any intention of making 3. They only made 2 to package it with their fledgling DRM software and get it onto kids' desktops. You were fooled.

DEAR CITIZENS

No it wasn’t

Artifact and their new autochess game are utter dogshit, and indiciatve of Valve's workforce chasing trends instead of making waves the way Half-Life, Half-Life 2, Portal, TF2, and L4D did. I wouldn't want those guys near anything Half-Life.

Those games are all old pas piss too. What point do you think you’re making?

creative team did but once they realized that Gabe didnt care enough they left.

i'm just waiting for project borealis to release so i can let it go.

Gonna be weird without Merle Dandridge and Harry S. Robins, but they seem dedicated enough. Would be a fucking riot if midway through development Valve hires them and makes it official.

>the V.R. market is already going dormant agian
It doesn't become true just because you keep repeating it.
Oculus Quest, Oculus Rift S, and Valve Index all released this year, instantly selling out for months of back-orders. Nintendo and Sony are both pursuing VR for their next-gen consoles. It's not going away this time. We knew that three years ago, when the 'first gen' were hitting their millions sold marks. VR is just a part of our world, now.

That's what I mean, and people think Newell is some disinterested figurehead when he's not. There are no such things as coincidences in business.

half life 2 sucked as a game
only good part about it was revolutionary engine, and you just can't pull that trick nowadays

>yeah so you can fuck off
>not everyone who disagrees with you is a kid you insecure faggot

>actually being so fucking kino that you make a massively successful spin-off game digging into the history of the eerie megacorporation that is introduced at the end of your game
>don't make the sequel

THANKS VALVE HOPE THAT STEAM MONEY MAKES YOU HAPPY

RDR2 was great. Get better taste

Meh

>when he's not
Of course he is. If he was on their asses about Ep3, it would've been out.

"Never" is a very long time. Never say never.

There's still time. We're all gonna make it, bros.

But I'm not repeating it? You didn't read my other post did you?
im not against vr at all and I'm happy for it to continue to be improved and hopefully get better longer games
Its just silly for steam to release such a huge title on a system only 0.8% of steam users own.

And he's not on their asses because he doesn't care. His only interest was in Steam.

0/10

I made the point that I made
you made no point
they've never made a bad game

>0/10
???????????
>they've never made a bad game
?????????????????????????????
steamcharts.com/app/583950
steamcharts.com/app/220

>facts
post some.

I remember when Episode Three was the next logical step. Valve doesn't operate on logic.

>Valve game
>64 players online
God what a shit show.

Attached: ConcernedWarmAntbear.webm (544x368, 179K)

Unity and UE4 fucking destroyed Valve.

Project Borealis is looking good.

The new standard for announcement:release scheduling is less than six months. The first real official announcement was pic related from the Index launch press event in June, giving them exactly six months to make good on it.

Attached: valve-flagship-vr-game.jpg (1096x731, 32K)

Valve just release raw, look at their past games. Zero marketing other than Steam and their own events.

knowing valve time i may not come out this year.

this actually wasn't the case for portal 2. i remember seeing bus ads for it.

Portal 2 was also a million years ago.
If we want to go waaay back, Half Life 2 had the crowbar page in PC Gamer I think? Some printed on paper magazine at the time.
But today, they just use their own platform, no advertising, and release.

you'd think they'd want to get their very first full VR game the royal carpet roll out though, unless it actually won't be that good which is a possibility.

That's probably a good thing. Half life 2 forgot all semblance of nuance the first game brought to the table and just went

>DUDE RAGDOLL PHYSICS
>BRO ALL THOSE NPCS FROM THE FIRST GAME WERE ALL ONE CHARACTER LOL RETCON

The game is absolute tripe compared to the first game. You literally can't refute that half life 2 was just a shitty tech demo.

Steam front page + popup is the royal carpet. Its free for them to do, and does more work than ten thousand billboards.
Plus word of mouth will be crazy, everyone will report on it and share it. I am sure that if Valve release any Half Life branded software this year, it will, with a $0 marketing budget, get more coverage than the highest paid marketing of any other game this year.

Can't wait for Get Your Free TVs: VR

Attached: GETYOURFREETV.gif (500x604, 1.36M)

>you will never play half-life 2 for the first time again
youtube.com/watch?v=D-GU4jvSvz4

I still haven't played the expansions. Maybe I will some day.

it's just another shooting game

You have to admit that it was a great tactic. Nobody liked it when they had to use Steam to play one game and I remember hating it. Not to mention it was broken as fuck at the time but because of Half Life 2 they shipped it to millions of people and single handedly took over the digital market.

I still care and I will never let it go.
Fucking Valve, I need the sequel.

user its been 12 years since episode 2 what are you doing

HL2 was, for me, visuals and gameplay. Not so much the story. So I didn't feel like following up with the additions to it. I moved on to other games. Never went around to revisiting HL2.

You're right but at the time it was the best tech demo we had ever seen and it was really fun. Pretty ironic that 95% of the games developed on the engine were absolute dog shit because the engine constantly shits the bed.

Reminder that old Yea Forums hated hl2, tf2, cs and portal.

Dumb boomers

You just have to learn to live with the pain OP.

Attached: 18b21bdd.jpg (1242x1241, 95K)

kys zoomer

shut up dingledanglers

FULLY

valve games were hated by old school fps gamers.

bump.

Thank DOTA for that.

They should Just Fucking do that already
>buy another studio
>put wathever coders and artists they still have with any experience on making games in charge
>make Fucking half life 3, people are going to but it on name recognition alone. YouTube can make your marketing got free

He's really fucking had it now

youtube.com/watch?v=DiMMaggp8FI&t=0s

Attached: tmcv.jpg (787x658, 363K)

Artifact and Underlords prove that Valve's name doesn't really mean much these days. They cant just put out a game and expect people to buy it.

IM A GAMER I PLAY VALVE CASUAL GAMES INSTEAD OF QUAKE OR DOOM XD XD