Just reinstalled this. Anyone here still play...

Just reinstalled this. Anyone here still play? Excited to get my whirlwind sin going again and wrecking some shit in hell duels.

Attached: diablo-2-lord-of-destruction-01.big.jpg (980x735, 149K)

sadly i doubt there are any active duel games left

I was only on for a few minutes last night and I saw a couple games pop up on east ladder.

Path of Diablo private server ladder reset is in 11 days, probably more lively than bnet but nobody duels

>Path of Diablo
You mean the game that took whirlwind off of the chaos runeword and replaced it with fucking zeal for no reason? Nah, thanks dude but I'll pass. The battle.net ladder just reset like last month.

>for no reason
the reason was because it was literally crashing the servers

I replayed it with my cousin a couple months ago. We realized it was all nostalgia because the game is an absolute bore.

It doesn't crash the regular servers. Sounds like the devs are retarded.

PoD uses classic d2 version of whirlwind so that's probably what was having fucky interactions

Why the fuck would they do that? Why not just use the current one? Not like Whirlwind is overpowered or some shit.

This mod made too many shitty changes to the runewords. Also there is no PvP at all.

I think it was to make 2handers more viable for ww barbs instead of "dude lmao just use grief errytime"

That's silly. Overall PoD seems pretty trashy. The Druid fire teleport thing just feels like some dumb fanfic ability for example. Very few of their changes are actually interesting.

>quality of life change
>dumb fanfic ability
druid & necro got teleport because of the turboshitty summon AI

And they couldn't just wear a fucking Enigma because...?

Stop living in the past. The game is what, 20 years old? and it didn't age well.

Because enigma needed a nerf so 100% of caster builds would be able to wear something else without gimping themselves

I don't see how forcing everyone to use enigma is a better choice than balancing the actual classes

>user posts about nostalgic classic game asking if anyone else wants to play
>HEY user WHY DON'T YOU COME PLAY THIS SHITTY PRIVATE SERVER! NEVERMIND THAT THE DEVS JUST USED IT TO MAKE THEIR OWN SHITTY "QOL" CHANGES AND GUTTED THE THINGS YOU LOVED ABOUT THE OG GAME WE ARE DEFINITELY WAY WAY MORE ACTIVE THAN THE REAL GAME BLAHBLAHBLAHISUCKCOCKS--
Every fucking time.

Then why fuck up Enigma like said? PoD is complete shit.

>enigma needed a nerf
Lol what? I don't even play a caster and I find this retarded. Enigma is fine.

They could have just added tele to other runewords/made some new ones instead of gimping everything and then giving every other class a shitty version of teleport. It's retarded.

Diablo games are fucking trash. Just spam mouse click wow so fun hurr durr

I cant get back into d2 anymore, last ladder I played I got around 80ish and burnt myself out for good.
Does d2 have any popular mods I know median xl exists but I dont like it. I wish the game had a revamp mod or a remake so I could play with new people again.

>Teleport on armor was overpowered
>So we cut out the middleman and just gave it to every job for free
I bet you felt so smart typing this.

the audience that still plays D2 is much too hardcore for me, so no I'm pass
I'll just be a casual shitter in D3 instead.

I'm going to play D2 casually. I don't even know how you hardcore it. What is there even to hardcore? MF runs? I'm confused.

I can't get into the same autistic grind mindset that I had during my teenage years. I wish Blizzard would increase HR drop rate a bit. It would make the game fun again.

I've been playing this ladder for a couple of months and it's alright. The spamming bots from a couple years ago are gone but instead everyone has mfing bots now, almost every game in hell is "xyz cbaal-234". If you have people to play with it's still fun though, and norm and nm still has plenty of people actually playing through the game.

teleport is solely the reason you rarely see any other fucking mf chars on bnet than hammerdins and sorcs, even without spammable tele enigma on PoD is BiS for some builds

>every other class
druid and necro
>for free
necro takes a full 20pt investment, druid less so and they're still not as good as sorc tele

living in the present playing a great game.

this genre's gameplay has not improved much over time, and graphics are unimportant

HRs cost less than a dollar on any RMT site. I sincerely doubt they are what is holding you back man.

Nerfing engima does nothing but make the grind more intolerable for non Sorc characters which doesn't make any sense for a PvE server.

>teleport is solely the reason you rarely see any other fucking mf chars on bnet than hammerdins and sorcs
>So we took it away from other jobs so you will now ONLY see sorcs
???

sorcs on PoD are mostly used for keyrunning because that's where teleport is still OP as fuck

hardly anyone runs meph/andy, focus is on lvl87 zones / cows / maps and the other classes are competitive with sorcs there

>Wah MedianXL sucks!
I like MedianXL just because the skill trees are new. I've been playing D2 for ages, I can't play it again and make it fun without something new. Only so many times you can push a character to endgame before it becomes boring as fuck. MedianXL may be poorly balanced and many enemies don't fit the artstyle, but at least it's not playing the same D2 all over again.

People dont run meph with mf anymore?

I am not the other guys arguing with you, but I am the OP. Sorry bro, you aren't going to get me to play PoD so long as I can't play a dragon flight whirlwind sin with ludicrous poison damage thanks to a ludicrously high level Venom with p Bramble and trang gloves.

That said the necro changes to poison dagger on PoD are neat, but not enough to win me over by any means.

only at the very start of the ladder for entry level gear

I really dislike this game, I enjoyed d1 a lot more

Funny enough I hated D1. As a kid I started with D2 and then went back and tried D1, I found it utterly unplayable. Maybe one day I should try again, it just feels so fucking slow.

D1 gameplay aged like milk