CS:GO

>CS:GO
Hmm Quake is too difficult. What if we...
>slow the game down
>nerf movement
>make the game team based
>make the game round based
>remove all the pickups
>allow players to buy the weapons
>remove projectile weapons
>make TTK so short that anyone can frag if given enough luck
POPULAR GAME!

And then the cycle always continued from card games to battle royales. In an attempt of trying to invent a product that as many people as possible can consume.

Twenty years of the series that turned skill based FPS games into crouch+shoot hitscan weapons with le epic headshots. The fortnite of its time.

CSbabies still can't refute this.yuki.la/v/268082840#p268088596
Your game was always hated.

Attached: 1562091371575.png (761x375, 91K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=WE6nZx5MDgM
youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Hmm Quake is too difficult/type/op/
youtube.com/watch?v=Y9eBRCqL72M
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/ZK3ib5G7BexB55bxpmBQ8w/
yuki.la/v/256233675#p256261914
pastebin.com/pj4cQsJL
youtu.be/6Lp-h1S3rMk
youtu.be/q0BWjt2PoLY
yuki.
boards.fireden.net/_/search/image/qWpEwFp51K9VDdO3_JKrtg/
vocaroo.com/i/s0SctytQcIHz
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: jljl.png (1332x246, 57K)

Woah....Not every game is exactly the same...wtf bros....why can't I just play one hundred different quake clones....this isn't fair....

keep pretending cs takes skill

Attached: c46bdf873765da2fcab618eb22af88091ff2f6e38d348314ae84914fe7242731.png (1341x449, 702K)

Attached: jljl686.png (1000x79, 7K)

please go outside OP

Who gives a fuck what it takes or what it doesn't, Quake is right there. Go play it.

>still butthurt he can’t spray and pray

Lmao fortnite zoomers

the fact is that cs was considered casual and you can't change that. It killed skill based fps.

Stop spamming this.

I am going to write a very long copy pasta explaining why every point in the OP is wrong and next time it gets posted I will post it for everyone to laugh at QuakeFags in denial.

You're telling me there is absolutely no Quake communities left at all? Damn that's impressive. I can't believe there isn't a single website or server left on existence that plays Quake.

I hope you know that any argument you try to make as a faggot tripfag just adds to the other side because even if you're right no one wants to listen to a retarded attention whore.

wtf i hate cs now, thanks for the heads up OP

Stay mad anglocasual

your game is dead and CS still thrives. stay mad LOL

Based autistic dinosaurfag who still hasn't let go 20 years later

t.casuals
enjoy your camper strike.

enjoy your nothing, because your game is dead. :)

Attached: fdsf.png (1319x544, 904K)

Based

Most of this is true but you're also ignoring that CSGO is much more tactical. Compared to quake, it's the thinking man's game.

CS WAS NOT CASUAL IT TAKES SKILL IT'S A CLASSIC FPS.
KYS QUAKEFAG SCHIZO SCHIZO BACK TO YOUR DEAD GAME.

Attached: 1532440218612.png (259x195, 8K)

Hmm Counter Strike is too difficult. What if we...
>speed the game up
>make everyone capable of running and jumping really fast and high
>make it mostly deathmatch so everyone can play with no downtime
>remove the economy and just drop weapons on map for everyone to pick up
>make some slow moving projectiles so people can dodge them
>give players a bunch of hp and armor so they don't die too fast
hmmmmmmm

>mfw cskids will never experience a moment of having actual skill

>putting a space after the >
newfags everywhere even as far back as 1914.

>Source: Dude trust me

Ah the schizo thread.

thanks, I will

Arena shooters are like chess.

Attached: 68a3a553d96e21f82cb1e3878b2c1105e9b7fcf34132530ffaba377602df7dc4.jpg (3114x1463, 1.43M)

Attached: itt.jpg (490x554, 64K)

No wonder Yea Forums likes halo now. You love casual games.

I don't even play Counter Strike and I find these delusional group of Quakefags that thankfully make up the minority to be gigantic niggers.
That's right. I called you niggers. Because you guys don't actually do anything but cry and complain that it's everyone else's fault that your series isn't as popular as it once war before.
Big lipped
Hates to work
Dirty
Smelly
Out of their mind and senses
NIGGERS

>Because you guys don't actually do anything but cry and complain
not even they want to play arena shooters
no wonder their genre is dead

fucking based quake chad

except chess has people playing

Attached: file.png (401x147, 74K)

>Dead game crying about alive game
Many such cases

based

real gamers
Assblasted cs zoomers.

Post body

will it save skill based FPS bros?

Attached: file.png (1552x873, 1.31M)

I think going with robots was a mistake. I like the human/alien sounds when they jump which you do constantly

Stop whining. It's a fun team based tactical shooter just like how Quake is a fun arena shooter. They're not even trying to be the same same thing. That's like saying Mario Kart ruined racing sims.

>That's like saying Mario Kart ruined racing sims.
it did

cscucks will deny this.

Attached: 0890.png (615x76, 6K)

quakefags will be as dead as their genre before they get over being such bitter fucks

cs will be always a joke

Attached: 9797.png (588x132, 8K)

How? Forza is one of the most popular racing franchises atm.

>Having the audacity to Quakefag post after Champions

Go waste money on some kickstarter arena fps you won't play gramps

Quake Champions is an awful Quake game but it's still better than any CS game will ever be

He'd rather just use Yea Forums screencaps as proof some cabal robbed Quake of it's community and not that it was decrepit old garbage

>rampant cheating and historical cheating culture
>massive smurfing problem
>scaredy cat team on t side, rambo ct side
Good thing I unsintalled, it's basically a containment game at this point

>cs fags can't defend their game
every time

Are you that guy from a month ago that shitposted his anti CS anniversary thread to bump limit?

It's not that it's not Quake. It's that it's casual.

Go to bed grandpa

see csfags

thus_ould_thus_now.jpg

Most likely, he makes these schizophrenic hate threads about all Valve games.
Here's a good example

The unsubstantiated claim in the OP pic is hilarious. Also the fallacy.

A shitty sequel doesn't ruin the originals

Prove the game is not casual retards

youtube.com/watch?v=WE6nZx5MDgM You make this video OP? The fact that both came out at the same time is suspect.

if it ever comes out maybe

>In an attempt of trying to invent a product that as many people as possible can consume.
>attempt
and they succeeded spectacularly, you mong

>cs:go thread
>the WEBMS still not posted
hmmmmm

Quake Champions> CS

>Doomcon
Fuck, I didn't hear about this. Fucking faggots

No because there is no strategy involved in arena shooters, at least, no strategy that can't be explained to a newcomer in under 10 minutes.

>Try and time big health/armor
>Avoid confrontation if you have the kill advantage
>Run in circles
>You can locate your enemy by listening

Tadaa now all you have to do is aim and make sure you have health advantage to win

gunna play devil's advocate
since CS relies so much on who sees who first, the real competitive nature is positioning, teamwork, and use of items like flash/smokes
the game is split into rounds so all factors are set equal in each encounter, so the nuanced strategies that CS is going for can shine
the shop creates an even higher level meta-game where you keep track of how much money the enemy should have, expect what equipment they should buy, and create strategies around that

of course quake has the higher skill ceiling for 1v1 arenas, but CS is more than "ez casual quake for kids"
>inb4 going to a pickup every 120 seconds is 4d chess

I mean the problem with this argument is that you start from the basis that quake and its multiplayer components were good games. They weren't. Doesn't make CS good but the argument presented here doesn't make quake good either.

1v1 in quake has more strategy than 5v5 in cs, you're just too retarded to understand it

youtube.com/watch?v=XdkDjsBiO58

>Hehehe you didn't like our Overwatch clone, now we are killing Quake Con

they definitely were, you're just salty because you suck at them

>It doesn't have strategy
>Games win or lose based on how you strategize items and map control more than even weapon accuracy

>That part about Unreal Tournament

Attached: 1491343523579.gif (200x200, 470K)

Buying meta is the same since 1.6 except when Valve introduced pistols so powerful there were no reason to buy smgs or shotguns at all, I would have agreed with the buying game otherwise.

>posting the same thread for the 6th time
boards.fireden.net/v/search/text/Hmm Quake is too difficult/type/op/
Why are FPSfags like this?

>they definitely were, you're just salty because you suck at them
Nah proto-fortnite quake is just as shit as it ever was.

CS was still fast paced gunplay. I've always been partial to the FFA/arena format but sadly yes the dumb bomb mode is the most popular.
Lost interest because everyone was playing that.

The meta in quake is the same since Quake 2, that means that gameplay was simple enough to be figured out, meanwhile in CS, new strategies get used every day, Quake is 60% aim, 30% making sure you have enough health, and 10% having a good position.
>popular quake videos
Quake flickshots
>popular cs videos
200iq plays
Quake is about AIM
CS is about STRAREGY
Aim doesn't require intelligence
Strategy does

lol, retard

Don't like game
Don't play game
Whoa, that was hard.

This post truly embodies the intelligence of the quake player.

you are clueless

Your argument is so stupid.
>Game is aim and having enough health
So is CS by your retarded logic. Lol, retard

BASED

Right? I get epic only cares about money but christ youtube.com/watch?v=Y9eBRCqL72M

mental case, please - have section
boards.fireden.net/v/search/image/ZK3ib5G7BexB55bxpmBQ8w/

I have played both and liked none, but I can see that quakefags actually tell the truth, also why casual fags think halo is good and not peak trash

This is why there's more woman than man playing games sweaty

>Put in hundreds of hours of free labor through coding, art, ect
>lol, fuck you faggot fans of our company we are just going to abandon you and not even let you know so that way you can waste 100s of more hours of free time and labor until you realize we abandoned you
This is why the chinese must be stopped. Their evil is truly infinite.

Attached: This does not expand dong.gif (500x281, 2.04M)

>12 results
I expected more

Csfags can't prove why their game isn't casual.

I grew up playing both quake and CS with my brothers / friends and it just boggles my mind that someone is this butthurt over one of them existing that he saved so many of these posts over the years only to make a thread about CS being shit, reposting these screenshots and calling everyone else an assblasted zoomer.
Fucking hell dude, shouldn't you be playing QUAKE ?

Attached: 1556728831564.jpg (280x373, 72K)

Quake is so unfun that he'd rather post the same screenshots over and over again than play it.

he'll get there

Do you even played the games or just watched some videos, kek

You can stay but it depends on what side you're on

Attached: Q3.png (1880x1023, 1.02M)

also an oldfag. I remember it all being about Q3 vs UT99 at the time.

> I love both gold and shit xd xd xd im a casual

Some user really hates Valve and keeps making these threads for years. You can tell that him when you see posts like these

UT>Quake

It's like valve games are dumbed down garbage for retards or something.

I just want an FPS where everyone is on equal ground and it basically comes down to wits/aim, that is what an FPS should be. Arena shooters do that, but I can't say I'm a big fan of memorizing weapon spawns etc. At first Overwatch was kind of going that way with the emphasis on mechanically demanding heroes such as Widow, Tracer, Genji, and McCree, but it delved down into casual shit, also hero shooters are retarded. CS is RNG garbage, it punishes all the good things about FPS' and focuses on the negatives. And basically every other FPS is dead or is now a battle royale. The state of competitive FPS' is pretty depressing.

Did you want Epic to put in tens of thousands of hours into a game nobody played? Arenafags are loud and that way they trick gullible devs into thinking there's enough of them to sustain a game, but truth is they are a few thousand people at best of which only a few hundred actually plays games. Just look at any arena shooter, it's dead as fuck, same with the old arena shooters. It's all fucking dead, and you deranged schizos are in complete denial, you will always defend with
>BUT THERE IS NO GOOD ARENA SHOOTER OTHERWISE I'D PLAY
But people aren't falling for it anymore, it's not everyone else's fault arena shooters are dead, it's yours, you are very few in numbers and most of you don't play them.

Also battle royales are basically modern arena shooters, and it's a much more interesting game type than bunnyhopping around the map like a retard.

>Did you want Epic to put in tens of thousands of hours into a game no one played
Did you watch the video? The game literally only needed 1 developer.

Attached: etfgw.png (1319x139, 15K)

>but I can't say I'm a big fan of memorizing weapon spawns etc
It's not that big of a deal. The best thing about twitch shooters is that you don't need a lot of people so you can just play with friends and play on your favorite maps

>Did you watch the video? The game literally only needed 1 developer.
One developer much better spent on Fortnite, which has returns thousands of times better than UT ever has or will have.

It's pretty telling that csniggers can't defend their game.

It's always a dumb idea to abandon your fans

Not when your new fans are huge paypigs.

If you abandon a classic IP that still has plenty of fans you're fucking retarded. If there's no players the franchise doesn't have a future because you're not getting any new players either. That's what Microsoft is doing with AoE, even if I don't agree with everything they're doing with that series.

As a businessman
>Small children with access to mom and dad's credit card>>>>Rotting delusional neets

>I expected more
He's the anti Blood, Ion Maiden and shiller of some Duke 3d mod autist.

>As a businessman
lol. You never know what's gonna become huge. Nobody thought a shit game like Fortnite would ever make so much money

Daily reminder the people making those Quake threads aren't seasoned veterans that actually played the game for thousands of hours, at best, they're casuals who simply play Freeze Tag from time to time, at worst, you're speaking to some 16 years old that likes the game and instantly thinks that it brings them to the ranks of the top quake players and as such, they get to speak down on everyone else.

Anyone with any actual intelligence knows this :
Quake didn't die because "zoomers are too casual", but because of terrible development and advertising.
People that play video games want NEW things, they want INNOVATION, and Quake has prevented people from doing this.
What works best is giving players a series of options and letting them figure out what works out best, look at popular games these days :
MOBAS allow you to try new team compositions, new attacks, new tactics
FPS like CSGO and Rainbow 6 are all based on tactics, surprising your opponent, always being one step ahead, fuck, even fortnite allows you do to wacky wild shit with different weapons and buildings or whatever, it's fun to know you have a lot of possibilities.
That's the same reason fucking Card games are popular : they let you try to make your own deck, and I could go on and on, when you look at what's popular when it comes to competitive games, they all have that one thing in common, they let you try something different, no two games feel alike.

Quake's gameplay isn't bad by any means, but it's too similar between titles, which is good for seasoned veterans who get new content while being able to transfer their skill easily.

Now watch hordes of 16 years old who watched 2 matches of quake and a defrag video slaughter me about how I'm a mad zoomer and an assblasted CSBabby that doesn't play quake because I'm not smart enough, they're so predictable it's almost comical.

>If you abandon a classic IP that still has plenty of fans you're fucking retarded.
Arena shooters are a dwindling niche fanbase that has no ability to pull in new fans. They could stick with with a stangnant playerbase and make some money or they could dump it to focus their efforts on the thing that's currently making them a shitload of money, what do you think they would choose?

/thread

Not to mention the spectator side of it and that's how tournaments make money.
Watching Quake is fucking boring because even if the two playing are evenly matched, if one person gets 2 frags ahead and controls the spawns, that's fucking it, it's now game set and match unless the guy fucks up tremendously

>Daily reminder the people making those Quake
see
It's only one guy, the same one also making Quack 2 threads 24/7.

He also makes HL1 hate threads, both on Yea Forums and /vr/

You just made me realize that fortnite is the less casualized FPS of the current FPS and that's actually kinda sad

I'm pretty sure that CS was evolution of Action Quake or whatever was that mod called, that revisionist history of OP fail to mention.

Both obviously. Seriously twitch shooters doesn't demand huge resources like most games. UT was developed by a few people and that's all it needed. Saying Arena shooters are dead doesn't mean it's true, UT had players before it was completely abandoned by Epic. QC's problem was optimization and hero abilities which nobody wanted

Quake will always be the peak of FPS skill.

I never said they were dead. They have an audience but it's not growing, if anything it's shrinking as the core fans get older. Fortnite was blowing up and dumb kids were using their parents credit cards to buy cosmetics. Ebin made the obvious choice business-wise.

it's literally our last hope

Stop spamming your lists you basement dwelling shit-smelling Autist.
Daily reminder that this faggot has been spamming this board with arguments taken from other anons in order to shitpost freely on Yea Forums, with the most recent topic being Half Life.

>aren't seasoned veterans
I played a bit back in the day with friends, UT and Quake. Started playing it again recently. I think you're way off. Casual games are just easier to get into

seeYou didn't refute any post.

>I played a bit back in the day with friends
>Seasoned veteran
I think you don't know what words mean

Exactly but it can't grow if you just leave it to die

Not OP but I'm probably in top 1% of Quake players, CS is casual as fuck (was GE when I last played 6 or 7 years ago), there's a reason all my (noob) friends will play CS but whenever I try to get them to play Quake they get frustrated by a game not holding their hand and trying to convince them that they don't have no skill. Basically you're talking out of your ass/projecting. Stay bad.

Diminishing return stupid. It’s not smart for a company to put all of their eggs into one fotm has basket

It can't grow. Current players have been playing for 10-20+ years, new players have no way to compete or even learn the game.

I didn't say that I was, retard

Then why would we care about your anecdotal opinion from a few Freeze Tag matches? Are you okay? Did you just want to talk? Did you want to feel included?

>It can't grow.
Bitch please. UT did have players and it was growing up until Epic just pulled the plug.

see csbabies

Because I haven't played either game.
CS:GO is too much of a twitch shooter to enjoy, and I haven't bothered to download Quake and patch it up with shit to make it run on my PC.
Doesn't excuse the shitty thread OP made.

Nope, just saying casual games are popular because they're easy. Kids nowadays wouldn't be able to go through the Quake tutorials without crying.

I hope this is not bait and someone this retarded actually exists

it's clearly you faggots never played quake if you think cs takes skill
>fuck off you are a larper
nice deflecting

is this a Ryukishi thread?

how to git gud at cs
>lower sens
>camp chokepoints and click people slowly walking past (wow so hard!)
how to git gud at quake
>too many things to list

quake does not take skill

how about +back and rail

that alone requires more skill than anything in CS

Attached: fwsf.png (1342x292, 33K)

Looks cool inferior to Quake Live, UT 2004 and boring compared to QC. It has nothing to offer that games like reflex already tried. When the novelty of being new wears out and people realize it's the same game they abandoned all over again it's gonna be a ghost town. I don't need to have "hope" in some shitty indie clone because for me arena shooters never died and i play them everyday.

>this fucking thread again
holy shit you just keep at it don't you
and before you ask, I enjoy both games equally, so fuck off already

Just admit cs is casual and inferior Yea Forumseddit.

"Worst"Quake yet still better than any modern mp shooter.

Just hide the thread newfag

oldfags hated cs

Attached: fsfe.png (1343x138, 17K)

suck my cock oldfag

Whatever you say, pretender

Never played either. All this thread is doing to me honestly is just making me hate quake fags. Like, holy shit, what a bunch of whiny ass motherfuckers. Every CS poster I've seen is much less whiny than the quake posters.

>I hate quakefags because they told the truth
back to cs, cod, halo or fortnite casuals.

>Counter-Strike
>TTK is 1.5 seconds or instant
>No time to counter-strike when someone shoots you first

>I'm probably in top 1% of Quale players
Yes, yes you are :)
>was GE 6 or 7 years ago
Back when the competitive scene wasn't taken seriously and all the good players remained on other versions of the game?
>all my (noob) friends will play CS but whenever I try to get them to play Quake they get frustrated by a game not holding their hand
A game having a low skill floor means it can't have a high skill ceiling? If a game isn't interesting to new players, it's the game's fault, not the player's.

Stay alone and in denial about the problems of the game you so relentlessly suck off.

whatever you say, old timer

counterstrike stopped being good with 1.5

based

Attached: jjl.png (734x163, 9K)

and still no defence from csbabies.

>Never played either.
yikes

Counter-Strike
>well balanced competitive
>fun casual matches
>thriving e-Sports scene
>constant updates
>skins for customization
Quake
>old, crummy game
>less than QC is a failure on every sense of the word
>all competitive Q3A players have left the scene
Face the facts, QuakeFAGS. No one wants to play your shitty bitty game anymore.
(Pictured: Quakefag realizes it's not 1996 anymore and no one wants to play shitty boring arena games anymore)

Attached: FACE_P5.png (220x220, 17K)

keep defending low skill garbage games.

>all competitive Q3A players have left the scene
most are hyped for Diabotical

I'm sure that hype will pay off, Quakefa- I mean, Quakechad! Just keep waiting. And when Diabotical comes out and it inevitably dies, just keep waiting until the next arena game that promises to become the next big thing. Isn't the Internet so crazy?

Okay, zoomer

It's like the only people hyped for that shit. The same pros who made everyone in the server quit and are looking to do the same in another game until they end up killing it.

Ok cool, but the game is still fun though.

lol imagine posting this same thread, day in, and day out, all summer. cant wait for you to go back to school, maybe if you focus on your social skills instead of video gams you can even havesex!

Unreal Tournament is arenakino. Q3 is for people to pretend like they're hardcore. Excuse me while I play assault or one of the million game modes while you play LG, RL, and Rail: The Game. Get dabbed on, Quake shits.

kys casual

Attached: i9uii.png (444x201, 43K)

This is probably you isn't it?

Always been saying CS is garbage. Good too see there's history to back it up. UT04 from gog is still my favorite. There's however also a free open source fps with good gameplay , forgot it's name but it's clean no bullshit gameplay with simple graphics. Believe runs even on linux too.

>what is elo based match making

>Muh oldfags
Wasn't the point of CS that it was a casual game that you would play with your friends in school or in the library? At least in northern Europe it was installed in every school I ever visited.

You would know this if you had sex

the only people excited for diabotical are the retards that watch 2gd and suck his dick and the couple pros that are looking to take some of his money before the game dies
only gay fraud niggas that play fortnite day in and out say they like this shit

wow arena shooters are so good i wonder which one people play

>muh competitiveness
It doesn't matter you idiots, dota2 and lol are competitive but they are shit too.
CS as a game is inferior to UT and quake, and that's an irrefutable fact.

UT fag here, always used to think unreal was better in every way until i tried Quake Live and found out how superior it was for DM or Duel, only thing UT does better is the team modes like CTF and assault.

Quake Live

You need at least 1,000 players for matchmaking to be effective, thinking yet another Q3 clone is going to be around those numbers is delusional.

literally no arguments from csbabies.

>CS:GO is too much of a twitch shooter
lol what a retard

>posting this on the zoomie board
OP you've gone done it now.

>m-muh difficulty is the only thing that matters!
i hate csgo, but god damn do I hate dumbass faggots like you who think that difficulty means its better.

A good game should be intuitive and easy to pick up, and the skill should come in mastering the mechanics and out smarting the opponents on equal playing fields. If you're only winning because the other player can't even execute the same things you can, it just means you're relying on a crutch rather than outplaying them.

QC and QL combined have more than that.

QC is a terrible game and QL is 20 years old.

2GD is smart, has connections and is making sure the game is perfect before releasing it so there's a proper launch without problems.

I think it's you who is delusional actually.

It's very contradictory, Quakefags always say they love skill, but instead of attacking the popular low skill games, they attack the popular high skill games for being "not as demanding as Quake".
Quakefags, if you're going to view every other game as competition, you're shooting yourself in the foot.
Also, pro tip : Telling people they're unskilled brainlets isn't how you get people to play your game, that's how you get people to label you as a moron they won't listen to.

Pic related.

Attached: quakefags.jpg (814x1554, 234K)

>animefag
>sucks at fps
checks out

I'd agree with that. Quake is way better for dueling. UT is for variety and having fun.

I don't actually watch anime, it's just a good comparison/metaphor.
You're not helping yourself bud.

Attached: tsgs.png (832x154, 33K)

people have been doing x for 20 years, no one new can do it

do you understand how fucking stupid that is

everyone can pick up a mouse and keyboard or a controller, fuck off

fuck cs

Attached: gsseg.png (700x138, 9K)

>CSGO
>Game slows you down if you get shot to stop aimlets crying cause they can't track

Attached: 1529450181624.png (299x301, 164K)

what will you do when a game that requires skill is released

>Tribes (literally any fucking game in the series that had multi, including Ascend and Annihilation) was extremely fun to play online for me
dead
>Enemy Territory was extremely fun to play online for me
dead
>Quake was extremely fun to play online for me
basically dead
>Soldier of Fortune (multi from 1 and 2) was okay, but still extremely fun to play online for me
dead
>Call of Duty Classic and to a lesser extent CoD2 were okay, but still extremely fun to play online for me
basically dead
>Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy were extremely fun to play online for me
dead
>NeoTokyo was extremely fun to play online for me
dead unless it's friday, even then you only play with the same 20 or so people over and over again

Meanwhile - I fucking hated CS (over the years I managed to enjoy it somewhat but I still don't really like it) and I abhorred MOBAs. Both are all right. If Starcraft gets fucked I don't think there's honestly any hope for the PC scene. It honestly feels like the universe memed on me.

Attached: 69553975_p0.jpg (1280x771, 183K)

ive played quake and ive played csgo and they both have low entry, high skill cap. this is such a shitpost, stop giving this moron attention

oh yeah, I forgot about Bad Company 2, it's also dead

if it wasn't for RS2 I'd probably kill myself or stop giving a fuck about FPS games alltogether, or I dunno - fucking get myself into Arma 3 or something

Attached: 1536712035520.jpg (500x566, 17K)

I play wc3 dota, something that most people dont even think exists anymore. Yet there's 100,000 unique logins each month on one single client. you just have to search harder if you think any of these games are dead, because they're not even remotely dead.

ok zoomer

Quake Live was released nearly 10 years ago, today it barely has around 300 players and Quake Champions not only has the Quake name behind it and characters from Quake and Doom series and the entire Bethesda machine to support it making it a much more interesting game than some shitty uninspired, generic Q3 clone with boring robots which offers nothing that games like reflex haven't tried before. Thinking anyone but 30 people who retired from arena shooters long ago is looking forward for Deadbotical is pure delusion.

Keep in mind that I got to play some of these games at the height of their popularity where you could meet and play with new people and didn't have to join groups just so you can maybe catch a game going on.

ET is my favorite and basically every server now is a bot-infested shithole that makes you download eighteen mods and obnoxious sound effects just so you can play on an XP server, the worst fucking thing in the game that ruins the purpose of the XP system.

Quake Live is the same game as Quake 3, which is 20 years old. It's a 20 year old game.

I don't care about Quake Champions it's shit.

I'm sad Epic killed UT for Fortnite.

If it's fun? Play it. If it's not, won't bother.

I'm gonna make a 4D fps with projectiles only and complex maps where you go at least thrice as fast as in quake.
Is it gonna require skill? You bet.
Is it gonna be good or worth anyone's time? No.

Hey buddy wanna talk about quake hitboxes for funsies?

Do you also think memorizing spray patterns is bullshit and unskilled for no reason?

Attached: image_17047.jpg (2065x756, 415K)

lmao quakechads are btfoing csfags so hard ITT.

26 but nice try bud :^)

"killed UT"
Nobody played UT in the first place.

how do you even compare quake with CS?
are you retarded?
team based game VS 1v1 garbage cringe neck yourself

bet you're op

20 years later and these fags are still mad they couldn't transition genres. Shouldn't you be married, have kids, and have a career?

Quake Champions has more players than all the entire indie Q3 clones together ever managed to have and Diabetical will be no different, people got tired of Q3 clones long ago and if people wanted pure arena shooters they still would be playing them just like cs fags still play 1.6 and source today.

You can't kill what was already dead.

>people got bored of arena shooters im im not a casual quakefaggot
Nice mental gymnastics.

It's the same lowercase typing buzzword using faggot that has been ever so present in these threads since the beginning of time.

PROVE CS IS NOT CASUAL, ZOOMERS.

imagine being this assblasted over quake players. Fucking neo-Yea Forums.

>flashbangs, grenades, smokes, molotovs and decoys for strategic plays, you can also memorize specific throws for specific pop flashes and site smokes
>guns have individual spray patterns instead of laser accurate guns
>buying guns and utility requires knowledge of the economy instead of just walking over a box to get a gun instantly
>headshots reward aim, can't headshot anyone in Quake

QL at it's peak was far more popular than QC you delusional zoomer.

>indie Q3 clones
yeah they were shit, Diabotical actually looks good, are you too retarded to see that?

>UT pre alpha
>600 players first month only, after that playercount goes as low as having less than 100 people playing.
>Fortnite BR mode open beta
>Over 3,000 players on it's first week which soon later go over 10,000 consecutive players to the monster behemoth of gaming that is today
Gee i wonder why they ditched UT...

Saying that cs was not casual and hated is revisionist history.

>flashbangs, grenades, smokes, molotovs and decoys for strategic plays, you can also memorize specific throws for specific pop flashes and site smokes
throwing a grenade requires literally zero skill
>guns have individual spray patterns instead of laser accurate guns
"rng good!" "laser accurate bad because it makes me realise how bad my aim is!!!"
>buying guns and utility requires knowledge of the economy instead of just walking over a box to get a gun instantly
buying weapons is very casual compared to picking them up on a map, do you understand good players will deny you from picking up a weapon?
>headshots reward aim, can't headshot anyone in Quake
hitting bodyshots in quake is harder than hitting headshots in cs

Just play your quake 3.
Im fine with being able to play games without investing my whole life into them.
I play about 20 different games of all different genres in a month, i dont have the nerv to play 120 hours of quake 3 just to be able to get a kill.

QL peak was nearly 10 years ago with the game being F2P and playable on web browser, comparing the same situation and time period that made something like Quake Live possible to today is nothing but senile delusion and refusal to let the past go. DBT looks even less interesting than games like reflex which has perfect netcode and also an in-game map editor and more uninspired than toxikk which had large maps and vehicles trying to be like UT2004. DBT only looks cool for a bunch of people who retired from arena shooters long ago.

csfags btfo again

Ever notice how quakefags would rather argue online than play quake?

>arguing that sprays are a good thing
I'm not advocating for run and gun, but in 1.6 where your bullet would land was RNG and spray patterns are really retarded when you think about it.

>throwing a grenade requires literally zero skill
I'm sure you're perfectly throwing all of your smokes and flashes then right? I'm sure you must perfectly memorize all of the possible smokes on all of the competitive maps too
>"rng good!" "laser accurate bad because it makes me realise how bad my aim is!!!"
If only you could properly compensate for recoil instead of mindlessly holding down M1
>buying weapons is very casual compared to picking them up on a map, do you understand good players will deny you from picking up a weapon?
Ah yes sitting on your ass right next to an ammo box how skillful
>hitting bodyshots in quake is harder than hitting headshots in cs
Big hitboxes and rocket launcher splash damage say otherwise

see

see

This, it's always the same retardfaggots crying about how much QC is not quake and sucks without ever being able to set up a QL or Q3 server to have games there regularly. No one cares about arena shooters and until the genre moves forward things will remain the same, no one wants yet another Q3 clone.

old Yea Forums always called cs casual and shit.
only newfags have nostalgia for cs 1.6.

Based af

>>Jedi Knight 2: Jedi Outcast and Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy were extremely fun to play online for me
this one hurts the most for me
still fondly remembering 14y old me playing siege mode for the first time on a 64 man server
peak fun

That's the one and only way to do hitbox properly. Ultra realistic hitboxes that are identical to an ultra realistic detailed model are retarded and break a game.

They ditched UT way before Fortnite was even a thing you gigantic mongoloid. UT was playable in 2014. They just gave zero fuck about it and handed the development to modders.

Still zero arguments from cstrannies.

Nice headcanon, been here since 2005 and that's not true at all.

look up the archive newfag

Attached: e323f16f923190de29ba1a92885c36e46f1594b921531a837f0550238346c947.png (918x410, 237K)

The devs working on UT prealpha literally moved out to work in Fortnite BR mode, you ignorant retardfaggot poser. I was active on UT4 development and was part of the modding community and at charge of my own CTF server, you don't know jack shit.

so... you DO play Quake Champions, right?

I'd fuck Sorlag.

>That schizo who made the half-life threads
Oh lawdy

> CS WAS NOT CONSIDERED CASUAL BACK THEN

Attached: ete.png (259x195, 8K)

Counter Strike takes skill but the skill set is different than those from Quake. What really baffles me though is that CSGO babs are hellbent on denying there is RNG involved in the shooting mechanics for some reason. Is it to make themselves feel better or something?

Considering the best aimers I know have vast experience in cs, I would say cs is a p mechanically intensive game.

Shroud and Beaulo come to mind. The only famous quake player that I know who branched out was Rapha, he went into Overwatch and had a mediocre career

Fortnite alpha (not even BR) was released in 2017 you drooling retard, which means fortnite success is completely unrelated to them moving people away from UT, which was already playable in 2014. Get a fucking brain transplant, they never cared about UT.

Retards still deny that quake takes more skill than RTS, Fighting and Arcade games.

quake already exists. no need to make a quake clone.

>arenafags
Hmmm quake is dead. What if we....
>seethe about other games for decades
>don't play new titles
>only shill for shovelware like champions instead of games that are actually good

>CS takes more skill than Quake
t.Neo Yea Forums

Is this the same autist who got BTFO because it turned out they sucked at CS?

Only zoomers defend cs.

Attached: tewtwt.png (1345x253, 84K)

Getting good at any game is a little bit if talent and putting in hours. Talent matters more as the size of the player pool increases.

Since the competitive quake scene has never ever been 1/10th of the size of cs, yes it takes a lot more skill to be good at cs. 99% of the time when someone shitposts about Quake they have never played the game, otherwise they would know that quake and cs have different mechanics to focus on rather than pure aim.

Ok Yea Forums is fucking dead. They can't recognize Q3 as the best fps ever.

yuki.la/v/256233675#p256261914

Imagine defending casual strike. Fucking nu-Yea Forums.

These threads part of the qc shilling campaign thats happening on Yea Forums right?
>doomcon coming up soon
>waaahh popular game bad our game good
>if you don't play our outsourced always online turd you're a newfag

Attached: 1562272579234.jpg (985x931, 85K)

>tfw playing DUSKWORLD, a casualized arena fps.

Im having fun, all the tryhards are in QC so I can be among easy people.

What makes it casual?

This thread is about exposing camper strike as the garbage that it is.

Attached: y9y9.png (751x89, 8K)

cs is trash but still less casual than quake heros
Yea Forums already hates cs without these retarded threads so I don't see the point
are you the guy that used to post webms of the broken hitboxes?

Why does Yea Forums have so many dedicated autists?

the eternal quakeboomer is out again

mad this board hates your casual game.

When you stop playing games you grind on Yea Forums for (You)s instead.

more deflecting from csbabies.

Quake is both intuitive and easy to pick up, the difficulty comes from map control and mastering its mechanics while outplaying other players. It's pure skill based.

>If you're only winning because the other player can't even execute the same things you can, it just means you're relying on a crutch rather than outplaying them.
Scrubquotes matieral here.

Why does Yea Forums have so many tasteless zoomers?

zoomers will never understand quake. That's why they have dedicated cod, cs and halo threads.

>strafejumping
>intuitive

If quake is so amazing why aren't any of you playing quake champions RIGHT NOW?

It's literally two key presses.

Strafejumping is intuitive as fuck, the only difficulty is doing it effectively against other players.

I played quake champions for like 200 hours but there's a point where regular deathmatches on small maps isn't enough to justify 400+ hours in a game. It lacked different mods and maps when I played it.

not the guy you're arguing with, don't know anything about CS, but controlling pickups in a quake duel is deep as fuck, you don't sit next to it, you remember a few timers as well as your opponent's weapons and health while actively responding to whatever he's doing

user, that guy is doing this with every Valve game and he's been going on for years.

not FPS.

die child

so a worse game btfo your boomerfest arena shooter out of existence? that's pretty lame

quake is dead get over it faggot

>Quake was extremely fun to play online for me
>basically dead
Quake isn't anywhere close to being dead

boomers are autistically deranged

Attached: boomers.jpg (750x979, 170K)

It's not. Quakrworld>quake 3

Attached: 1560378450335.png (443x455, 153K)

Your game is casual csbabies deal with it.
Yea Forums never liked cs 1.6.

y r u so bad at cs if its so easy hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????????????????????????????????????

Look at the screencaps this board always called cs casual ever since csgo came out.
It's over zoomers quake and ut are superior.

Hey guys, there's something I can't quite figure out...
If OP hates CS so much then why did he make a thread talking about CS? He could've done literally anything else. He could've played some Quake with his friends. But instead he posted a picture of a five year old post about a game he doesn't even like, and then he went even further and posted more screencaps that are literally the same post but worded differently. Forgive me for wondering, Yea Forumsirgins, but why would OP do this?

Attached: EBI GOAL.jpg (1280x1496, 873K)

Ye, i dont care. Play your dead game

Attached: oof.jpg (1920x1080, 543K)

Zoomer just blow it out your ass

>He could've played some Quake with his friends
I really doubt that someone that bitches about popular games on Yea Forums can be tolerated for more than 2 minutes

Attached: 1559230542946.jpg (388x375, 21K)

csfags in denial. Why you can't accept your game is casual?

Take solace in the fact what goes around comes around.

Dipshits using Yea Forums these days don't understand how loathed CS was, how could they, they were children.5-10 years time a lot of these people will be having the same argument about fortnite.

i love arena shooters but they are easier to learn than cs. die

see

I don't think I've ever heard a csfag deny their game is casual in my entire life, unless it's because the mechanics are just that awkward.

No oldfag liked cs.

i accept your concession cscucks.

based schizo

assblasted cs zoomer

Based boomer. Counter-Strike's playerbase has always consisted primarily of picrelated. CS was the go-to game for all the subhuman brain-damaged degenerates before ASSFAGGOTS became a thing.

Attached: Syavka.jpg (600x450, 61K)

>309 replies
>105 posters
how many times will we have this thread

Until cs dies.

I think the real tragedy here is Tribes. That seems like the actual way to innovate on Quake while keeping a casual, beginner friendly atmosphere.

I mean you literally didn't prove me and the other posters wrong.
Embarrassing zoomers.

bump.

CASUAL STRIKE

I'll give (You) a reply just because it's genuinely depressing seeing someone like this. I hope I one day care about a game as much as you do to the point where I desperately try to keep a thread about it alive.

This game still alive? I though TF2 and Overwatch killed this shit.

Just admit your game is casual and that it killed fps games. Same with half life.

and?

YOUR GAME IS FUCKING CASUAL QUAKE WILL BE ALWAYS THE SUPERIOR FPS.

>all these buttmad replies
Well played OP.

So which Quake is considered the best one? The third?

CSGO.

kys.

Come on, be serious.

Nah I'm good, can play matches whenever I feel like it.

I repeat: I dont care, have fun with your dead game.

>I repeat: I dont care, have fun with your dead game.

Attached: 13b.gif (680x498, 224K)

My dad works at fornite games and can confirm.

Keep ignoring criticism cscucks.

daily/threadly reminder

Attached: csgo.webm (1280x720, 2.98M)

>hitscan, projectile, AND melee weapons? check
>spread is consistent
>only way to get powerups is to kill enemies
>spawnzones where you can easily camp
>a lot of teleporting, dashing, jumping and flying
Feels good to play a chad FPS

Attached: card-overwatch-7eff92e1257149aa.jpg (432x360, 64K)

If there only wasnt shieldniggas

CSfags will never recover after this.

that's what dive is for
or just destroy their shields

If CS took no skill the Quakers wouldn't be so shit at as they usually are.

Oh no... oh nonono, those hitboxes xD

No wait, I'll give Quake the benefit of the doubt, maybe-- maybe-- maybe there's a reason the hitboxes are worse than Minecraft--- hahahahahhaha ROFLMAO

As someone who plays Quake Live almost daily, Diabotical is shaping up to be even better than QL, especially if he gets the netcode on point (which is unfortunately mediocre in QL). The CA mode looks like it'll be a lot better and not be braindead, but QL will still be king for 1v1.

>quakefags STILL seething about their dead game being usurped 20 years later

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA...HOHOHOHOHHHEHEHEHE

Attached: 1406059187900.gif (240x234, 2.72M)

Ok I get the whole "no skill in cs" thing but whats with these retarded posts about the recoil being inconsistent when its the exact same standing still to the point where recoil scripts repeating the same pattern can be pixel perfect accurate?

>csfags still can't prove their game isn't casual 20 years later.
Reminded me of halobabies.

if it's casual, are you good at it?

The lack of variety and poor marketing are definitely valid points, though if Q3A stuck around with modding instead of being killed by QL, arena shooters in general might be in a better place. That being said Quake gameplay is pretty frustrating to the average person, and I think that has a lot to do with it. People get hung up on not being able to strafe jump for example, or just getting pounded in matches where skill gaps are much more noticeable than in other games. People who will appreciate Quake are the types of people who like to grind out skills and try to master something, sort of like how chess is for some people. I doubt the people making these threads actually play QL or QC though.

Being really good at something doesn't change that something is casual. You can be really good at hula hooping, but it's still not as impressive as playing Rugby.

>mfw Fortnite is more hardcore than CS

Attached: priest.jpg (332x236, 18K)

lol

see

>post a picture with text
>also type out the text in the picture
You are an autist.

the reason you hate CS is not because it has a low skill ceiling, it's because you're bad at it and don't like the mechanics. You get butmad about spray patterns and recoil, but they can all be managed through skill. It's not RNG. It's why there are professional players, and those pro players are probably better than you at quake too. Stop being a fag.

It's not FPS fags it's literally 1 asspained quakefag who samfags until his threads get enough (you)s. he still has not managed to convince anyone of his "claims" but he keeps at it. there are many autistic spammers on Yea Forums who only care about 1 game so they shitpost the "competition".

Cmon tell why cs is not casual then.

As I said, a 10 year old girl might be better at hula hooping than a rugby player. That doesn't change the fact that hula hooping is a casual sport and rugby is a hardcore sport.

if you put a 10yr old in front of a computer with cs and quake installed she would be vastly better at quake though

Attached: 1563335129316.png (229x220, 2K)

It's not just one person. Lots of people mocked cs on this board since ever The archives are proof.
You can keep pretending old cs was good.

That's because there is a learning curve to Counter-Strike. Simcity has a much higher learning curve than Battletoads(you can't jump into Simcity and start playing, but you can with Battletoads), that doesn't mean it's a more hardcore game.

controlling pickups isn't any more deep than playing the CS economy. if anything it's less. it only has a few elements, whereas the CS economy effects every player, every team and every round differently. and the enemy team absolutely can manipulate what weapons you can have in the same way as denying pickups.

>literally I don't like it so it's bad

holy shit lol stick to your casual point and click adventure (quake) since you clearly can't handle FPS that have real mechanics.
>I picked up muh floating glowing drops just like in my bing bing wahoo games!
lmao

lol

This. CS has a ridiculously high skill ceiling. That's why people have played it for 20 years without needing some xp unlocking mechanic all new shooters need to make them interesting.

Anyone who has played both games for a significant amount of time understands that quake has a lot more depth. A lot of CS is about just grinding maps so you're used to every angle and can pre-aim without trying. CS empathizes one type of shooting, mainly hit-scan non-tracking (you don't really need to track even with auto weapons in CS), as you can see when CS players come to Quake they have trouble with all projectile-based weapons, and hit-scan tracking weapons, though they'll usually really good with the railgun. Quake has every type of aiming style, but people going from quake to CS won't necessarily be gods since it doesn't overly emphasize the one type of shooting that CS has. That you can set your sensitivity super low in CS since you don't have to worry about skill-based movement or shooting projectile weapons or fast enemies, it makes it even easier to aim. Though to a certain extent anyone that is good at either CS or Quake will be good at the other one given enough practice, innate talent will work in most games.

be honest, how much do you samefag in these threads? because it seems like a fuckton since you're so obvious about it

ch-ch-check the archives!

>acting like quake isnt casual as fuck
>the designers in their own documentary directly say it was meant to be a fun couch shooter

Attached: 1563255670210.jpg (586x586, 37K)

If noone's playing Quake, there's a reason
Hint : it's got nothing to do with skills, stop having delusions of grandeur about how difficult Quake is.

And the quote of the day is :
>"Don't blame the players, blame the game."

why can't you accept that your game is dead?

>zoomers pretending cs was loved here

If you refer to CS as 1.6 there's a 70% chance you're a Steam baby.

you forgot the main attraction, the round based 5v5 mode, which is also quake's popular mode, proving that quake is also just as casual these days.
yeah

see

cs won't die unlike quake

>defending casual garbage

Next you faggots will say fighting games take more skill than arena shooters.

Quakes "5v5" mode, which would assumingly be CA, is most popular as 4v4 or lower for people with any inkling of competitiveness (there are bigger servers where the tards congregate), and CA isn't considered a competitive mode. Most of the people left playing aren't competitive minded, and there aren't enough people to play the competitive game modes. Hopefully you'll be more informed for your next shitpost.

you are the reason why halo threads are a thing now, newfag.

pastebin.com/pj4cQsJL
here's a few things wrong with quake champions

90% of "quakechads" in this thread are 17 years old that never touched the damn game.
And the 10% who did mostly don't play it anymore.

They always latch on to whatever seems to take the most skill and assume that because they understand it, they can do it themselves.
Same kind of people that will see a solved problem and think that because they understand the answer, it means they easily could've solved it themselves.

They're not worth talking to, all they'll do is try and convince themselves they're strong aand intelligent. Probably compensating for something else.
Notice how you never hear pro Quake or CS players trashtalk the other game.

Chess is much easier than AFPS duel.
Chess has no hidden information.
t. champion at both regional chess tournies and reflex arena 1v1

1v1 me
nquake.com
server's up

>That guy who spends his whole weekend making these threads
>Half the replies are him talking to him self trying to bump these threads

Attached: 1511746765454.gif (304x280, 684K)

And chess is just about making favorable trades.
And CS is just about good teamwork.
Nice simplification.

Right, and no mindgames or anticipation matter either lol

Your sentence doesn't make sense.

The fps community always hated cs.

god I cant wait

>No because there is no strategy involved in arena shooters, at least, no strategy that can't be explained to a newcomer in under 10 minutes.
>>Try and time big health/armor
This one aspect requires more skill and strategy than you can grasp. Did you know that you can CONTROL the timing yourself? You can intentionally delay a pickup, to throw off your opponent? In a game like Quake 3, items have different spawn times. Megahealth is 35 seconds,for example, and armor is 25. This means that unless you specifically delay and control the cycle, there will be times where both items appear at the same time, and the player who doesn't have control (if they're paying attention) would have a free opportunity to pick up the other item. So you have to intentionally wait and delay armors to line it up better.

its ok, ut99/ut2k4 still have players and were better anyway.

let's not fight bros both games are fantastic

Attached: quake and ut bros.jpg (1621x701, 178K)

>muh spray patterns
Literally every gun is just drag it down a bit and sometimes slightly to the left

Attached: 1533901786194.png (645x773, 23K)

rip shootmania
diabotical will save fps
:egg:

freeze tag and clown arena is pretty okay compared to the average faggot game these days
i miss jailbreak desu
blessed post though

No one can prove why cs is good.

No, no, no.
No.
Diabotical has hype from Reflex/CPMA faggots

POPULAR GOOD

Basically me
except
I played a lot of UT duel in the prealpha and with the armor mod that basically makes it as good if not better than quake
but
i still maintain
Q3A > QL > UT99 >>>>>>>>>>>>> all other fps in duel
and UT99 > Q3TA > QL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other fps in ctf

obviously assault / other UT-exclusive game modes can't be compared.

>muh shooting skill
literally every game of quake is tracking the enmy with your mouse

>anime poster
>is a complete fucking faggot
typical
tribes should've never even existed, terra nova strike force centauri did everything tribes did, but 3 years earlier

Fortnite unironically requires more skill than CS since you have to build, aim, move around and lead shots with snipers.

CS is just hold angle and click at enemy.

Attached: 1534624191430.jpg (720x960, 448K)

this but unironically
as someone who has been doing it for 20+ years, it really isn't. but it feels great once you've got it down.

Sad csbabies.

>sorting by ping
>that steam avatar
>kdr: 0.79
might be the worst post i've seen on this website all day

trivial knowledge vs actual knowledge
its like saying dota / league is harder to learn than quake
sure, learning every item and every champion and every ability is hard
but quake is like chess
simple to learn hard to master

order of skill required:
arena shooter > fortnite > CoD > military sims > cs

>this thread is still up

Attached: 1361311618938.png (400x414, 120K)

>buy rifle
>decide if you go left or right
>click enemies while not moving
>aim at corners

Attached: 1558303269068.gif (800x800, 230K)

I'll duel you in QL.

CSfags are getting buttblasted ITT.

CSniggers can't argue for shit. They always get triggered in these threads. Notice how they couldn't refute any post.

>thread made 10 hours ago
>OP has literally been bumping his thread all day judging from the constant one liners replying to nobody
jesus fucking christ what is wrong with the autists on this board

Attached: 1226407.jpg (640x480, 57K)

REFUTE IT CSTRANNIES.
PROVE ME WHY YOUR GAME TAKES SKILL.
WHAT THIS GAME HAS OVER QUAKE AND UNREAL?

It's honestly kinda fascinating to watch. He's also done this multiple times.

youtu.be/6Lp-h1S3rMk

A playerbase.

Btw there was more than one poster shitting on cs in this thread. You didnt say nothing about them.

>its another sad quakebabby shitting on another game bc his game is dead thread
why is this samefag thinking others are on board with a dead game

Attached: zeus nutting.webm (1024x576, 872K)

is this schizophrenia?

Fuck old Yea Forums prefered quake over casual strike.

Do you retards believe cs, rts and fighting games are on the same level as arena shooters?
Quake is literally chess.

based

Making something too fast for a human to precisely control, would do the opposite of making it skill based

This reminds me of the guy obsessed with bloody roar that needs to shitpost in every tekken thread.

Personally, I want Epic to shit or get off the pot. Don't string people along with this community made game for years and years. Either put some effort into it and get something to ship, or open source it.

Epic wants it both ways, they want to simultaneously not do any work on this project, but also profit off of it if a game gets made.

It's ok revise history all you want. Deny that cs was the cod /fortnite of it's time. Yep no fps player made fun of this game, no one.

>seething quakefags booty blasted that their game and subgenre are dead

Imagine getting assblasted because your favorite genre was so repetitive and boring people don't want to play it anymore and you blame it on other genres.

>YOU ARE MAD BECAUSE YOUR GAME IS DEAD XD XD XD
This is all you csfags can say. You can't demostrate that your game takes skill.

You can't demonstrate your game has players.

stay buttblasted csbab

Arma 3 is on the downhill slope atm and the upcoming alien DLC ain't gonna save it. Most people are moving over to Squad so look into that if you want a break from RS2.

t. Guy that swaps between Squad and RS2 every other weekend

Zoomers are getting more desperate to defend this casual game.

>that fighting game blurb
It always makes me laugh when these sorts of things insinuate that brainless new players can easily beat top players... but in truth when they say 'top players' they just mean input fags who similarly know nothing about the game besides having memorized some moves and trip over themselves trying to do as many different things at once.. or are too overused to fighting the CPU and fall into bad habits.

this is a troll thread but if anyone wants to know what communication and strategy is required for pro cs. check this out. seangares is the team leader, he's the more soft spoken one and the one calling the shots. this guy needs to remember the economy, weapons bought, enemy placement based on economy, while still aiming, pre shooting, and all that.
youtu.be/q0BWjt2PoLY

Exposing cs is not trolling, zoomie.

im not any of the people you responded to but give me an ip because i havent had a good chance to play quakeworld in forever

Attached: ezquake000.png (2560x1080, 227K)

sorry, I just assumed that trying to compare 2 games that require completely different mindsets and skill sets would be totally assanine. no ones that stupid haha

>Yea Forums actually likes and defends fortnite

Cs 1.6 was the fortnite of it's time.
You should be ashamed if you played this game over unreal and quake.

Nah.

Ignoring criticism again, cscucks.

Why is this thread still up?

Why csbabies can't argue?

I don’t get how people find CS fun, you move around for a bit, die in a couple shots and don’t respawn, instead you just watch the rest of the round. Maybe if you’re good at it I guess it’s fun, but when you play with Russian aimbots, it’s not so fun.

>being so bad at CS you die

Loved unreal but nobody I knew played it.

I die a lot when I play it, I don’t have cocaine infused reflexes

Nobody i knew played CS in the US, it was all Halo, Nightfire, or Goldeneye if you were a poorfag still running a 64. PC gaming was pretty niche in the US back then.

>Nobody i knew played CS in the US
Did you live in the middle of death valley or something?

Your game will never be considered competitve. Remember that zoomers.

Imagine giving this much of a shit about fucking 90's shooters holy fucking shit, the sheer audacity of this board to be this fucking retarded. You people throw around "containment game" as if this entire fucking space isn't a containment zone for you absolute retards. The basement you degenerates are dwelling in typing away on your ancient fucking PC's getting SO damn angry about your ancient fucking videogames is your containment zone to protect the rest of fucking society, you shit-for-brains rejects. I can't believe so many of you take genuine pride in how much time you've fucking wasted here in your life. Sad fucking losers.

ok fine nigger CS is shit and I'm a retard for liking it. I'll be having fun while you'll stay on here being assmad that nobody plays your games anymore.

Dilate cstranny.

OP is probably not even good at Quake

Attached: 1517979225030.png (1120x1450, 838K)

You don't even need to git gud at quake to know cs is casual garbage.

repeat that again in english, you fuckin no life

Quakechads own you. We run the fps threads now. Halo, cs and half life threads will not be safe now.

If Arena shooters are so great, why has the world moved on or... dare I say it... evolved?

Attached: 1561046987140.png (398x376, 193K)

You are aware of the fact that Counter strike existed along with quake and Unreal in 1999, right?

>Mmm why casuals don't play hardcore fps like arena shooters and went to casual garbage like et, cs, cod, tf2, halo, fortnite, overwatch?

Yeah and it was casual and shitty compared to those two games.

Halo 2 / Quake 3 > CS

Kys halobaby.

Uh, no it wasn’t? All three games exploded in popularity and all shared the spotlight in that time. Either you are a trolling zoomer or a 30 year old boomer who are still butthurt and should grow up soon.

I'm still waiting for your counter argument csfags.

Fuck off underage. Cs was casual and despised by the fps community.

Maybe a small piece of it. It doesn’t hide the fact that CS became the top three played game in netcafes all over the world back then. Maybe they complained on your own little BBS forum somewhere but in the real world CS was still enjoyed by a vast majority at the height of arena shooters.

Yeah casuals enjoyed this shitty mod.

Neo-Yea Forums sure hates skill.

Jesus imagine being this analpained your out dated shitty game couldn't hold on to a following after more FPS joined the market.
You've literally been bumping your thread for 12 fucking hours kid, Quake sucks dick visually, relying on snowbally bullshit like power weapons when players respawn and spawn killing as some display of "Skill" shows why that piece of garbage died.
Sorry your piece of shit couldn't hack it bro, it died the way it was meant to, getting stomped by a title that doesn't reward being +2 kills ahead in a 1v1 with an impossible to overcome snowball effect if you and your opponent are of equal skill
Kill yourself

>UT99 > Q3TA > QL >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> all other fps in ctf

Attached: vwv.jpg (374x278, 15K)

Because Q3 was so perfect that there's nothing to improve upon.

>cs:go
hmm quake is too sore. What if 't be true we.
>slow the game down
>n'rf movement
>make the game team bas'd
>make the game round bas'd
>remove all the pickups
>allow playeth'rs to buyeth the weapons
>remove projectile weapons
>make ttk so sh'rt yond anyone can frag if 't be true given enow luck
popular game!

and then the cycleth at each moment hath continued from card games to hurlyburly royales. In an attempteth of trying to inventeth a product yond as many people as possible can englut.

twenty years of the s'ries yond did turn art bas'd fps games into crouch+shoot hitscan weapons with le epic headshots. The f'rtnite of its timeth.

csbabies still can't refute this. yuki. la/v/268082840#p268088596
thy game wast at each moment did hate

Haha, ok retard.

ut2k4 ctf was pretty good

cs is low skill garbage
quake will always be the peak of fps skill (and video game skill in general)

QC is full of noobs, all the good players are either playing QL or waiting for Diabotical

if you can't learn how to strafe jump in 5 minutes you might have brain damage

based

>negative kdr

Attached: file.png (445x400, 382K)

Q3/QL

clueless retard

god damn cs babies got destroyed ITT

even fucking fortnite requires more skill than CS

cringe, the best aimer of all time is wltrs

Attached: Rent and Quake free.png (335x46, 1K)

>assfaggots of its time

And assfaggots such as DOTA boards.fireden.net/_/search/image/qWpEwFp51K9VDdO3_JKrtg/ is still the best esport video game that was ever created and known to humanity.
Meanwhile nobody gives a shit about arena garbo shooters and id / bethesda pretend that QC never even existed despite their $1,000,000 Quakecon a couple of years ago that was made to promote this trash.
Surely 1 million is a joke compared to any relevant esports, but it was still a lot for Quake and it bombed super hard.

Dota is much harder and Quake is a tedious repetitive shit where you run from mega health to red armor and back to mega health.

Dota literally requires zero skill, at least in CS you need to aim. Also pretty desperate how you only talk about QC when even quake fans don't like that game.

okay this is fucking based

CS:GO, just like R6S, is a shit game for casuals who want to FEEL hardcore

literally 90% of the game is learning the maps and knowing where to camp/peek

take an average CS player, and put them in a deathmatch server, and regardless of how good their GAME KNOWLEDGE is, they're gonna shit themselves when their peeks and nade positions no longer work

fucking garbage ass FPS games man

fortnite is less casual than fucking CS trash

in CS you literally just need to spend 200 hours learning the maps through trial and error and you're automatically a skilled player, aiming is a joke in that game

aiming is either: one tap the head, or hold left click and drag your mouse down

what a shit fest of a game

this

>Quake is too difficult
literally only said by quake fags

>CS:GO
>Click the head simulator

kek

>WAAAAAAH WHY ARE TWO COMPLETELY DIFFERENT GAMES NOT EXACTLY THE SAME?

Attached: file.png (800x600, 519K)

He's not crying about that user, he's crying the game he likes is dead and buried while the other he's shit at thrives.
Almost like he's unable to adapt to different mechanics or something, much like a lot of Quake """""""""""""pros"""""""""""""""

>Dota literally requires zero skill
HAHAHAHAHA

>The new blood that drives 100% our pre-dlc, pre-microtransaction sales won't buy because entrenched veterans wish only to flex on their lessers?
>FUCKING CASUALS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>m-muh skill!
>MUH E-SPORTS!!

God damn, both OP and the faggot in most of the pics that has been posted sound like such whiny bitches. I used to love quake and still do to some degree, but whining that another game is more popular and different from quake is just such a non-argument that it is not even worth using as a shitpost.
What is even funnier is that they have both seemingly got their wishes fulfilled in that the industry is practically overrun with ''e-sports'' games and some games have even been ruined by developers chasing the e-sports money. They all just fucking suck unless you are enough of a pleb to enjoy assfaggots.

It is comical that despite people trying to pretend E-sports is a gigantic embarrassment they'll still dick tug on games like Quake, it's almost as though if the game garners a lot of money and attention suddenly it doesn't take skill, despite the fact all of these jobless losers can't even make it passed pools

he's right

Shouldn't you be making millions of dollars if the game requires absolutely no skill.

natural talent matters less in low skill games. use your brain retard.

Then why are you here instead of trying to win 30 million dollars at the international?

While the game requires no skill, playing it for long enough to memorise the lists of boring numbers you need to be a "world class player", as well as keeping up with every new balance patch, sounds like a fate worse than death. People become pro at DOTA because they're wastes of space who are so bad at video games that all they can do to fill the void is play rock paper scissors online for 20 hours a day so they can pretend they're good at something.

Then why the fuck are you in this thread? To spite someone that wants to educate people?

Either you are intentionally trolling or you have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

>SupaHotFireIsNotAllowed
>CSFag
>All in the same thread.
The most notorious thread destroyers.
I can't wait for Yea Forums to ban you faggots. You're ruining the reputation of us Quakefags and Doomfags by making us all look like obsessed psychopaths.

And SupaHotFireIsNotAllowed stop being a Slavaboo. If you hate Clear Sky you ARE the Anglo.
vocaroo.com/i/s0SctytQcIHz

Attached: Doomguy seeks a kys manual.png (750x834, 200K)