How long before Nintendo just decides to go full mobile? Iwata isn't here to stop them anymore

How long before Nintendo just decides to go full mobile? Iwata isn't here to stop them anymore.

Attached: nintendo2018earnings-800x474.jpg (800x474, 44K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqP2A2xeRzdTE6Y_q-4TKeU6q1uYow4xj
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Their Switch successor needs to flop. They were on pace for it in 2015-16, but it's at the very least been delayed.

When they get their first real hit. They're obviously just using Switch as a way to buy time.

How is Pokemon Go not a hit?

Sad they abandoned Super Mario Run. It is actually a pretty fun game.

How is animal crossing?

It's fucking terrible.

Attached: featured_image_Nintendo-01.png (5125x2917, 98K)

Soon Feh can't stop Winning.

Attached: 1536482403665.png (1600x1920, 1.02M)

news flash retard, they already did. the Switch is a handheld

Attached: 1563791134374.jpg (704x928, 202K)

Nintendo doesn't own that game. They get only a small percentage of the profits

newsflash retard, switch is a handheld, not a smartphone running ios or android

I enjoyed it for about a week before it got old.

How long until a Dragalia character is in Smash?

Why would they become mobile only? They can make consoles AND mobile games, you know.

God I fucking wish. Could give us a WILD CARD mechanic. One that should have been used for Joker desu.

Consoles are dead mobile is where it's at... Until lootboxes get banned and then they can't rely on whales

I really hate the idea of a fucking mobage character in Smash but I'd take it over Joker

I really don't understand gacha games. Really, I don't. I tried a few and it's always the same thing.
>start a game, pick a name, any name but not offensive
>blah blah blah terms of use that noone reads
>''you are the chosen one who will free the world of evil!''
>''but you need heroes to do that, hey, let's go to portal to summon them!''
>go to portal
>''oh gee, I wonder who is gonna appear!''
>it's always SSS+++++ rank hero or SSS++Quadro ultimate powerstrong weapon
>''oh wow, I never expected that! go summon some more!''
>now game starts, you can barely see Scenario menu in the sea of countless daily and monthy events
>make a team, go to a fight
>enemies are way too weak, barely hit you
>you end up fight with +2 or +3 levels on every character
>repeat until the end

What I really want to know, why the fuck people spend money on it? On WHAT do they spend money? I would undestand if the game is hard, and you have to buy a weapon that will be strong enough to help you kill your enemies, but gacha games have not zero, but negative 94 challenge.

They make most of their money from hardware sales AND game sales unlike every other big company that follows a retarded train of thought
>"INVEST BIG MONIES ON GRAPHIX!1!1!!"
>flops
>"Wtf why are we bankrupt?!?!"
Or
>"THIS GAME WILL SELL 11 BILLION UNITS!"
>Sells enough to recoup cost, small audience but with potential
>"WTF it flopped, cancel this series!!"
>Company's remaining IP= X-1
Or my favorite
>Sell hardware at a loss
>"We'll recoup the money with game sales!"
>Make absolutely no effort to produce or secure exclusives to make your machine desirable
>"WTF why is our brand name worth so little!1!1!1!!!"
Tldr: Nintendo will keep making its shit until the heat death of the universe

Miitomo was and will forever remain Nintendo's best mobile game!!!

Imagine you're at the end of the game already, and all that's left to do is decorate your home without anything to do otherwise. That's the mobile game in a nutshell.

Anyone here play Dr. Mario World? Shit's fun

Attached: Screenshot_20190718-154744.png (1080x1920, 1.13M)

Where is that image from. Spoonfeed me pls.

Fire Emblem Heroes.

How long until posting about mobile waifu simulators becomes a bannable offense?

Looks like another Candy Crush clone though. Is it?

Mobile platforms ARE consoles though.

They're tiny gated PCs you have to use the way the marketers want you to. Unless you want to hack them up and kind of just have a shit PC with shit sofware and shit accessibility.

It's a pretty fun game with fixed puzzles, nothing like Candy Crush

SO BASICALLY NINTENDO IS NEVER GOING TO GO MOBILE ONLY.

It's shit.

And not like Pokémon Shuffle either then?

Because that was fucking bullshit too.

If there was ever a "haha" moment to counter OP's idiotic question, this was it.

Sure, and why don't we give Rusty a run too?

Dr. Mario Is it's own genre of puzzle games, at least download the GB or NES one or something so you know more about it and get a feel for it

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 169K)

Oh my. I quit the game one year ago and now it looks like the dont hide the fanservice anymore.

I'm the same way, if a game isnt challenging immediately i usually drop it. They make the first 1+ hour of these games mindless slaughter where they pause the game and tell you to hit one button.

>start game
>summon supergod SSS+++4
>"Go defend us from an invading world ending deity!"
>see deity
>pause game
>Gee hero, hit *giant fucking red arrow blinking pointing at a blinking button* this to fend him off!
>stop boss in 2 hits
>SUUUUGOIIIII WORLD DEFENDER!
>lose powers
>summon a F---
>better luck next time :(

Attached: 1522778544135.png (847x883, 226K)

Because it would be putting all their eggs in one basket in a sector that while very profitable now is bloated, fast changing, volatile and at constant risk of goverment clampdown.

I really fail to understand the people who not only play but also pay for this shit.

I've played all Dr. Mario games on Nintendo systems, and I like them very much. But that Screenshot from World didn't look anything like any of them.

When did they ever?

Still waiting for Pokémon masters

The game consists of two modes, single player where you have to clear the viruses with a given amount of capsules, and Vs mode where you send viruses to your opponents. youtube.com/playlist?list=PLqP2A2xeRzdTE6Y_q-4TKeU6q1uYow4xj

Attached: DrMarioWorld-Characters-Spoilers.jpg (1024x1024, 293K)

Are all levels entirely skill based?

Cant really figure out from the videos if there's a grind and/or a lives system built in.

gamefreak and niantic leeched the profits off it massively

Technically Dr. Mario came first.

Some levels randomize the virus colors, but I haven't run into something that was impossible without boosts or leveled up characters.