2019 i am forgotten

2019 i am forgotten...

Attached: Devil_May_Cry_5.jpg (292x341, 29K)

Other urls found in this thread:

boards.fireden.net/v/thread/468669452/#468693691
pastebin.com/45SkzJCN
youtube.com/watch?v=mZdGXBU5rAo&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/SSSiyan/status/1141103188273172480
twitter.com/SSSiyan
twitter.com/MartinHIIIIIIII/status/1120217457971605504?s=20
twitter.com/sssiyan
destructoid.com/the-future-of-devil-may-cry-is-bright-again-according-to-capcom-553455.phtml
youtube.com/watch?v=VrXRxyL6B90
youtube.com/watch?v=uDFNTAgVuDQ&t=192s
youtube.com/watch?v=QQZGYwkwfgw
youtube.com/watch?v=fO8SF1qHt14
twitter.com/AnonBabble

shit game in shit series

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 11.52.15 AM.png (1742x978, 530K)

Zoom zoom

Pretty accurate

Waiting for Vergil edition then will give it a buy.

i forgot to pirate it after i stole sekiro

Yikes

People wanted Vergil DLC and got nothing.

why does dmc4 (a 10 year old game) have better bosses than dmc5?

Attached: Keyblader777-1314332305.jpg (800x600, 40K)

everybody wanna c me and my haters wanna b me cuz i'm glissenin

DM3SE
DMC4
DMC5
DMC1

yikes...

>3 at the top
>3 above 4
Every fucking time in these threads. No wonder Yea Forums is shit, most anons are incapable of appreciating good gameplay.

Attached: fuck card.jpg (613x478, 89K)

WHY DID THEY MAKE THE GIRLS SO FUCKING UGLY WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

yet

user, we already established multiple times that, while 4 has an excellent combat system, the enemy design of the game does not necessitate the effort required to take advantage of the system, due in part to the unfinished nature of the game. No matter how great the engine is, there's no excuse for creating an incomplete product. 4 needed another year in development to design the second half of the game and new enemies to populate those locations.

pic related is the only one

>unfinished nature of the game
Source, I've seen it direct from Itsuno that the game was finished, not unfinished.

Fighting Urizen 5 times was a mistake.

Attached: new card, that's bone and the lettering is something called FUCK YOU.jpg (906x505, 84K)

I fucking love 4's gameplay as much as you do, but you can't release half a game with recycled enemies and a fraction of the levels designed without catching some shit.

we live in a time that no modern game is remembered. pretty much everything on the PS4 gets forgotten for the next big thing, classics are dead and you can argue that its the same for the PS3 gen

I can design half a game, hit copy+paste, and call it a day too. Doesn't mean I'm right.

5 > 1 = 3SE > 3 = 4SE > 4 > DmC:DE >>> DmC = 4R > 2

4 introduced great gameplay mechanics but on the whole playing it isn't as fun as 3 or 5. 4 Dante is the worst-playing Dante in the good DMCs. His arsenal is mediocre, his damage is shit if you don't abuse Distortion, "mechanics" like Guard-Flying & Inertia have little practical use and don't build in-game style much leaving them as high-execution combo video fodder only, and outside of Dante you have Nero & Lady who feel like 60-70% of a full character, Vergil who takes a step back for every step forward in his design (which is pulled from his 3SE appearance for the most part), and Trish who is fun and has a full moveset but is garbage against bosses and certain enemy types.

Just marathoned the whole series
3>=1>4>=5>>>>>>>>>>>Entire top 4 is great, however before fags get mad I put 5 almost last because it lacked the interesting level design the rest of the series had which subtracted from the experience a lot, I even like 2’s level design more than 5’s at times. 5 really only has combat but even then the horrible story mode makes you play as V, and Dante’s Cavaliere weapon is not as fun as people said it is.

meme list

here's the real one

Attached: my-image.png (1064x454, 135K)

Story: 3 > 5 > 1 > 4 >>>> 2

Gameplay as a whole; 5 > 3 > 4 > 1 >>>> 2

Gameplay in terms of pure depth: 5 (with Cheat Engine) = 4 > 5 > 3 > 1 >>>> 2

This is objectively my subjective factual opinion

Attached: 1538756005447.jpg (1024x512, 55K)

For me is 3>1>3>5>2

>1>3

Attached: 1556235854861.jpg (592x555, 60K)

3 is too good... He can be various times in a Top List.

3>1>4>5>2

>makes you play as V
I never hated playing as V outside of DMD Nidhogg. I guess I can get how such a departure can annoy people when he's required for replays though.
>Dante’s Cavaliere weapon is not as fun as people said it is
Now that's a wrong opinion if I've ever seen one. Cavaliere (R especially) is one of the most fun Devil Arms in the series; it's the only one that gives you freeform switching between strings and input moves and has a very satisfying, visceral feeling when you delete life bars using Overtop Gear. It's up there with Ifrit, Balrog & Nevan.

Woah a niche game for autists is barely mentioned? How surprising...

>trickster

Attached: 1560007240508.jpg (480x440, 19K)

I think 3 and 5 have equal story, but 3 has the better and tighter self-contained story, while 5 has a better story in terms of tying together and acting as a capstone for the series as a whole.

I pretty much agree, but I put 3 above because as you said, it's just tighter than 5's.

I'd say my gap between 3 and 5's story is less than between 5 and 1's, if you get me.

Attached: 1543042822920.png (750x798, 1.25M)

Little left to talk about a single player game with no planned upcoming content
Plus a lot of the posters in the last threads were driven off by the rampant faggot posting

First playthrough: 3 > 5
Repeat playthrough/BP: 5 > 3

3 has a tighter, better written story and characters, but man are there a lot of bad bosses and enemies that don’t really make themselves apparent until you have to do it again. Nevermind those filler missions, like that one with the rotating tower mechanic. 5 may not reach the greats that 3 did, but there’s really nothing in it that screams “that part” except maybe DMD V gameplay.

Attached: F19CB724-9070-4522-A803-F64E68FCDE67.jpg (1440x1440, 178K)

post any other good boss from 4, ill wait

>v gameplay is that part
this is so damn true

shit game, shit series, cucked protagonist who can't even lead his own franchise, lel.

>(a 10 year old game)
That doesn't really make a difference.

based

5's only bad boss is Nidhogg (and MAYBE Chairizen depending on your outlook) and it's not as bad as 3's bad bosses whatsoever. The boss design is only just short of 1's but with way more variety (1 does the thing where you fight every boss 3 times well but 5 has about as many fights with less repeats outside of Urizen who has 3 distinct fights at least)

Not him, but, second Dante fight? Maybe Berial?

1 > 3 > 5 > 4 > DmC > 2

If you dont believe this, you're literally underage

>epic le "i'll put 1 at the top because then people won't think i'm a zoomer" opinion
Ok lad

If I wanted to sit in a training room all day pulling off impressive combos, I'd play Marvel vs Capcom, not DMC4.

3=5>1>4>2>Reboot
I don't think it's quite fair to compare bare game with SEs

1 is a great game, zoomer.

It is, but to say it's a better game than 3 or 5 is the surefire way to tell who's being a faggot bitch. It has charm, and there are specific aspects it hits better, but as a whole it is in no way above them.

>3 being on top with only base games
3SE added a lot of the bonus content, Turbo, Vergil, and Bloody Palace (and Jester but his fight is kind of a gimmick and the later ones can suck to fight). Vanilla 3 still had the core gameplay and story but that's all it had. Comparing that to 5 as is isn't fair (although Deluxe Edition and BP being a month after launch muddies things up a bit).

It's more fair to rate 3, 4, and DmC and their updated editions separately from one another, as 3SE, 4SE, and DmC:DE are all significant improvements.

What is the point of threads like these? It's clearly not forgotten by anyone?

this, 1 wasnt bad, but a game where dante has only 2 weapons, moves that can be counted on a single hand and shit bosses is absolutely in no way better then 5 or 3. also
>i should have been the one to fill your dark soul with liiiiight

Attached: big ivory.jpg (1440x1440, 224K)

except that people are still buying DMC for exclusively Dante even when he isnt allowed to be the protagonist by clueless dicklet devs

heheheheheheheheheh

1 >>>>>> DmC: DE > 3 > 4 < 5

this fanbase has a rel bad case of the gays

Attached: laargvfelm4elm6y604tsif8xspyrgqnwbnvicljiy25tqhvmoiwxzjzqu7fszrx-.jpg (1820x1212, 307K)

As if that somehow changes anything, cuck. Fuck off with your cucked cringe series and your cucked protagonist nobody cares about.

it was never remembered to begin with. So it cant be forgottten.

BASED

Legit, shit died so fast and was dethroned by Sekiro.

Shit level design
Shit bosses including their design
I already forgot the weapons
There's like 2 good songs

Why do the game makes me play in bowel levels half the game, and in uninspired ruins in the other half ? Even DmC level design had more soul

Attached: 1552116086520.jpg (798x898, 146K)

Hi Barry, I see you are still seething over DMC5 being a success

Attached: Barry admits to ban evading.png (1581x196, 64K)

It doesn't. That's the only good one in 4

1 > 5 > 3 > 4 > 2

It's a pretty forgettable game, which is a shame because it has some of the best highs in the series.
>best gamefeel in the series, and hell some of the best gamefeel in all of action games
>missions remove the frustrating and annoying gimmicks that plagued missions in previous games
>the PC port is SSS-tier, with excellent optimization and mouse and keyboard controls that finally make the game fun to play without a pad
>best enemy roster in the series, without any of the annoying-for-the-sake-of-being-annoying enemies that plagued previous games

But at the same, it suffers from just as many problems
>story is terribly told and feels more like fanfiction and fanservice
>boss roster is mostly terrible
>DMD is a frustrating slog, with enemies that will go DT no matter what you do, and them going into DT doesn't make them faster or more aggressive, it just makes them ultra spongy
>ranking system is so barebones and casualized compared to the perfection that was DMC3's ranking system
>V is garbage
>extremely lacking in content, with only 20 missions and lots of throwaway enemies like the Green Empusa, Red Empusa and the Qliphoth tentacles for an already limited roster of enemies, when there should have been like 10-12 missions per character and a roster of about 50 enemies
>to add to the lack of content problem, there isn't even a playable Vergil
>no Turbo Mode

DMC5 is basically the most disappointing 8/10 game I've played in a while. Nobody can say it's a bad game, but considering that Hideaki Itsuno had in mind a goal of creating the last great action game of the "Heisei" era, it's a goal that he's failed to accomplish.

>That feel when reading this and only played 1 and didn't much care for it

Attached: 3.jpg (2287x1977, 325K)

How many more years until the special edition?

Attached: 1550106079387.png (1878x1623, 2.41M)

NEED 4 SPEED IN MY SEED

Attached: 145843603800.jpg (625x896, 154K)

literally just credo is the only boss that can be compared to dmc5 bosses.

COPE KH2FMfags

You should give 3 a shake, its pretty fun

It's better for different reasons, everything after 3 feels like the same game but 1 is still unique. All 3 and 5 did was scale the enemy health for easier SSS combos on DMD, not to mention playing on DMD is purely about manipulating the camera so offscreen enemies dont attack you. This wasnt a thing in 1, and the enemies didn't have bloated health. Not to mention it took them four games to finally return Dante's balanced personality after 3 and 4 flanderized him to hell and back.

>forgotten
That's not true at all I see a DMC5 thread almost every other day and if not on Yea Forums pretty much every where else. If there's any game this thread should be made for it'd KH3

Attached: Featuring Dante.jpg (585x490, 97K)

3 is better than 5, but otherwise agreeable list

More importantly, what should the SE version have to truly make it a worthwhile improvement to buy?

If it's just playable Vergil and Turbo mode and LDK difficulty, then I don't want it. That's not going to be worth a purchase for me. I want them to expand the enemy roster and remove superfluous/throwaway ones like the red empusa and the green empusa. I want each character to have more abilities alongside reworked abilities. Reworking/rebalancing abilities shouldn't be unrealistic. After all, that's what DMC4SE did.

V in particular needs way more skills and the AI and mechanics of his summons needs to be reworked to be more fun and responsive. Nero should have like 10 more arms to choose from. Dante needs to have his entire old roster of weapons back, particularly Agni & Rudra and Nevan. Dante needs to have Dr. Faust nerfed to the ground. Right now, so many Dante "S-rank no damage" runs just involve abuse of Dr. Faust. It's so boring to watch and skilless.

I want unlockable costumes as well. It sucks that there's no Sparda costume for Dante, even though that's been a series tradition.

Credo is amazing

All DMC3 enemies except for the hells are dogshit.

>success
>old ass series
>still can only open 2 million
>got btfo'd by a new IP
Kek

I just might.

I hear some people still consider it heads above the rest.

I also hear that these people are being scorned for perceived oldfaggotry, not entirely dissimilar to what's happening to Melee elitists.

Yeah because DMC5's same 12 fans can't stop making faggot threads.

>Only good boss in the game.
>Only one that you never fight twice.
>In the final boss rush you fight a bunch of Angelo’s on his arena.
Why?

>sales = quality
i guess call of duty and fifa are the only goty contenders every year then

I can neither confirm nor deny being an oldfag, all I can say is that DMC3 has some excelent combat and enjoyable bosses. I also enjoyed DMC4's mechanics very much, but it doesn't take a detective to discover where the dev time ran out. DMC5 plays very well and overall is quite great.

It's not quality though
>story ass
>characters ass
>antagonist ass
>level design ass
What's good about it? oh you can juggle enemies? This passes for AAA in 2019? kek

5>4>3>2>1
everyone else is too zoomified to grasp mathematics

Duh

>not entirely dissimilar to what's happening to Melee elitists.
Don't you even dare put the two on the same level sperg. Oldfaggotry might have a hand in some of it, but there's genuinely people who like the more direct approach to killing. It's likely not the kind of game that's even going to feel good the first playthrough, so you can hang that up. Embrace the pain faggot and learn. or go play DMC3 and enjoy your wacky cutscenes, that's sure to draw you in haha

Attached: 1552954577549.gif (400x225, 1.15M)

7/10, a major letdown but still a decent game.

>3 introduced jump canceling but 4 refined it. With more weights for the enemies and giving nearly all the enemies aerial attacks.
>Expanded on weapon mechanics. Weapons like red queen and lucifer would have never happened on ps2.
>Style Switching
>60fps no drops and the superb graphics.
It's the second best game at the least.

>AAA
Retard.

>replying to the samefag

hi

Cerberus alone makes every boss in 4 besides Credo look like a joke.

Retard. DMCfags becoming downright delusional in desperation to defend their weeb trash.

Attached: 04330-4034.png (545x113, 5K)

As some others in the thread have said, 4 is functionally an absolutely fantastic game and in terms of pure depth it stands at the top of the rankings, even above 5.

But unfortunately for 4, pure mechanical depth alone doesn't make up for its various shortcomings, and in the end actually using that depth and what you use that depth on lead to the game feeling lesser than its peers.

dmc still gets threads, unlike sekiro

>he doesnt use Yea Forums X
no wonder you think samefagging works

That's not really saying much though DMC5 threads are mostly just 1-20 fags posting screens of men.

>that autistic list
cringe

I thought it was ok beat it on SoS, I just have no desire to play it again. I wish the level design was more memorable and the story didn't suck.

>1-20 fags posting screens of men.
gay posting was stopped a long time ago though

Hence they died.

I can't get enough of it.

Attached: 20190706183521_1.jpg (1920x1080, 302K)

Credo is truly an exceptional boss fight. Even after fighting Vergil in DMC5, I still think Credo is the king.

Attached: angelo_credo_by_heroicferocity.jpg (1024x576, 200K)

But there's still frequent threads discussing the game?

stop playing dumb holy shit user
>Gloria being Trish while she was clearly intended to be a different character
>Dante backtracking Nero section as the second half of the game
>Dante fighting the same boss as Nero
>Dante getting weapons that have nothing to do with their respective boss yeah, I know they were "artifacts" used to power up the gatesbut come on that's just a last minute justification that is not even in the game

BARRY, ARE YOU OKAY?
BARRY, ARE YOU OKAY?
ARE YOU OKAY, BARRY?

Attached: Dante dance.gif (400x214, 2.62M)

>Vergil DLC soon
Quick, now post your ideas for new gameplay mechanics for him.

>Lucia in the animation
Good, I like her.

Attached: 1560011508173.jpg (1357x1920, 681K)

Think Nero could make a good boss fight?
Feel they'd have to try not to have him spam Snatch or Buster but think he'd be pretty cool.

have him use his tree roots powers he used to make his chair as some sort of attack or a whole weapon

Fag shit, delusional dlc posting, and smash faggotry hopes for a ded game hardly qualifies.

>3 better than 5
Thats some nostalgia going on

>Dante needs to have his entire old roster of weapons back, particularly Agni & Rudra and Nevan.
If you just want old weapons back why not just play them in their respective games. Wouldn't you rather have new shit introduced?

Hopefully it gets ported to Project Scarlett and the PS5 so we can get Turbo and Legendary Dark Knight Mode, and then Vergil for both current and next generation.

Attached: 1552889016968.webm (564x786, 2.34M)

>Lucia in the animation
sauce

Why are DMC threads so shit, there was a very small time when majority of people were chill with 5 but now we got people actually saying the levels in DmC are better

Is this TGBS's fucking fault? Can youtube critics all jump off a cliff

>joke weapon where it's a bench made from Qlipoth roots,
>he goes full Jackie Chan on it.

I know it's more of a Dante thing, but I feel like the occasional moments of fun would leak out from Vergil

i cant force myself to continue playing this game
shit is boring as fuck

Wait, there's Vergil DLC and some kind of animation? What did I miss?

Motivation meter tied to Style meter not to how long you lock-on the enemy

None of which are happening in this thread.

Exactly.

>but now we got people actually saying the levels in DmC are better
the truth hurts ey lil brother.

Attached: 1549577424271.png (512x512, 686K)

Put DmC in D tier and DMC2 in E tier.

Not wanting to do DLC was a big mistake.

DMC4 is the MGSV of the series.
It has a beautiful skeleton, but no flesh around it.

Welcome to a Yea Forums where it´s okay to phonepost and talk unironically about e-celebs

He loved DMC5 and finds almost no fault in it except some nitpicks about inertia and guardflying, which he quickly brushes off.

i'd say scrap the motivation meter entirely but thats a good altrernative. What a shitty mechanic tho

S= 5, 3SE
A=4
B+=1
C-=DmC
D=
F=2

Summoner style, Nelo Angelo Sword as a Devil Arm, Doppelganger style

i hope and pray that by 2020 this thread format is forgotten

Attached: 1536493142458.jpg (847x572, 50K)

Vergil vs Boss Nero when

Attached: 1533026100445.jpg (4096x1763, 581K)

Is Royal Guard worth it?

Why wouldn't it be?

That's not Sekiro.

Reboot doesn't need to be there.

Game was finished, but alot had to be cut off because they were running out of everything
>Power corrupted Dante SDT boss battle
>Nero getting his true DT
>Gloria was supposed to be another character
>Male Echida
>Hell scenario for Dante
>Bosses based on Dante's Devil Arms

Did you missed the update?
>New effect for motivation bar
>SDT after image in rapid slash
>Boss Vergil backflip
>Mid air cancel
>Improved model

This.

Attached: Fucking this.png (582x587, 611K)

>he doesn't know
tgs

>Update
It's boring and seems useless for most things except bosses.

100% and narratively it was all over the place. Dante regressing from his development from 3 to the point of coming off as inconsistent. Having no real arc or progression. Nero literally having no purpose or real arc at all either. V because why.

GOW even handled the child/father development thing much better. Their relationship starts out stiff, but gradually developes overtime. Atreus goes through his angsty bit, but soon comes out of it, learns a valuable lesson, and in the end is fighting Baldur with his dad in glorious fashion. He had a natural progression vs Nero, bitches the whole game about a comment. Character is literally just making confused faces the majority of the game and being an attack dog. Character randomly cares about things never shown or discussed in the game beforehand. Then fucking Dante renders the entire game pointless with that trash ass ending. It's decent but was overhyped to fuck and certainly nowhere close to GOW, not narratively, no way.

We said the same about wojaks and the retarded frog.

These games are only as boring as you are, user. I love taunting an enemy, RG, taunting again, slapping him with Balrog, RG, taunt, etc.

Attached: 1560555726955.png (1000x898, 592K)

Honestly, what are the chances of DLC at TGS? Has there been any hints it will be there? Is there even any chance of DLC coming at all apart from SE in a few years

That could make a decent fight actually.
Strategically bait him into using Buster on your doppelgangers and fuck him up during the animation.

zero percent

Come home action game fans. In DMC4 we have:
- No jump cancel refractory period
- Actual gravity
- Land cancel
- No bootleg reversals
- Turbo mode that doesn't break the game
- LDK
- Moddable costumes
- Credo
- More handsome Dante
- 500 fps

Attached: image.jpg (240x240, 14K)

Always wanted a Nero boss fight since 4

See:

Every current gen game gets forgotten in a week or two as they are all so boring.

Attached: chu.png (1260x794, 921K)

I legitimately cannot fathom how anyone can say DMC3 is better than DMC5 without it resorting to utter nostalgia. DMC5 shits on DMC3 in enemy designs, all around mechanics, gameplay depth, music, difficulty balance, and gameplay variety. Yet DMC3 is STILL somehow held at the highest pinnacle because MUH STORY, MUH MOTIVATED. It's actually sad to see so many people unable to let go of the past and admit it was done better. And I bet half the fuckers who actually parrot DMC3 being better than DMC5 never played on a difficulty above SE Hard.

Attached: dmc5-sparda13254.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

50/50

Attached: 1547311065096.png (1079x684, 832K)

>Cavaliere
>King Cerberus
>Balrog
>Double Kalina Ann
No can do.

>New summoned swords types like being able of defending him from coming attacks or to stay close to him dealing damage to close enemies
>Yamato can be charged with two bars of the DT bar, it would increase any attack from Yamato, and it would add a new effect that every attack cuts through reality
>5 Judgment Cut in a row, both in ground or air
>Better motivation bar effects like increasing Vergil speed and adding new effects over the summoned swords, on top of damage increase and increased range
>Motivation bar can be sacrificed to allow Vergil to use a "quicksilver" type of power
>Vergil can trick up and down, and also teleport toward enemies
>Vergil can block and come up with a counter attack of his own
>SDT can create a clone of himself
>SDT has a JCE that cuts through reality but in a more devastating way by opening big breachs that deals constant damage and with the help of his clone
>SDT plants Yamato in the ground and blue fire comes out of the ground
>SDT charges a attack that releases a energy wave toward everything in front of him
>SDT flies toward a enemy and hits him causing massive damage

Attached: 1562554916066.gif (540x304, 3.22M)

>comparing se 4 to vanilla 5

Sorry I like my action games to have content and not focus around being a fighting game combo simulator. If I wanted what Devil May Cry offers I'd just go play Guilty Gear.

Attached: NinjaGaidenBlack.jpg (1280x720, 122K)

Concentration meter produces different effects with each weapon, Vergil's weapons are all devil arm versions of the boss enemies that he mimicks as Urizen (so Nidhogg/Qliphoth tentacles in the form of a whip, Goliath gauntlets or something, Artemis cannon or something, Malphas club/greatclub with portal dickery?) and a token reference to V like a cane weapon wielded like a rapier

DmC Vergil alt-costume since it legitimately looks better on Vergil than on Vergin and it's a cheeky reference, call the costume "Not in a million years"

Attached: 1536599945125.jpg (841x649, 82K)

>500fps

only in vanilla lmfoamoa dog

special editing fucked the fps up herd

agree

There's no DLC, DmC2 more likely since 5 flopped.

It would probably be one of the most over the top fights in the series. Imagine him snatching you up to different platforms, throwing random demons at you, building up revs as he combos you, etc.

>more handsome dante
Of all the delusional things 4fags tell themselves at night, this takes the cake

LDK is already in vanilla PC. 4SE is honestly worse to play as Dante because you lose Lucifer glitch launcher and altered Full House hitbox, not to mention requiring Cheat Engine to train (vanilla comes with debug SpoilerAI)

imagine staying, shitposting in a thread about a game you dont like

But user, NG Black & DMC5 are two of my favorite action games, and I play fighting games as well.

Attached: 1551977166272.png (656x858, 1.08M)

Attached: 1554206897840.jpg (961x854, 187K)

>DmC Vergil
>wasting a fucking costume slot for another gay reboot reference
no pls

Once I learned how the rev-up mechanic to Cavaliere worked it became one of my favorite weapons, it's like a Red Queen for Dante.

>tfw played 4 so much I can't enjoy 5 much

>Did you missed the update?
Pretty much, what update is this and where was it found? And what's this about an animation?

>4fag thinks I'm talking about 5
Rent free, faggot

I enjoyed DmC, the story notwithstanding. It was improved a lot by a mod to remove the color-coding but I didn't mind my first playthrough. I liked DmC's Vergil gameplay better than I did 4SE's Vergil gameplay. 4SE plays too closely to Dante for my liking compared to 3.

Oh you mean the austistic looking anime faggot from 3 then? uggo.

i'm still trying to clear mission 10 on hell and hell

Dante looks okay in 5, but his model teeth is fucked up. Everytime he shows his teeth it is fucked up. I stand by my opinion. Show me one screenshot in 4 where Dante looks bad. I can show you dozens in 5 where Dante looks bad (pic related)

Attached: Untitled.png (959x647, 1.16M)

>since 5 flopped
The game already would 2mi copies, and since then we didn't got updates, os safe to assume it reached atleast 4mi copies sold at this point.

Attached: 1561048904269.jpg (464x577, 52K)

Not him but it's pretty much what he listed, the game updated before E3 with all of that stuff which is why people were so sure Vergil would be announced around that time. TGS is up next and if Vergil isn't announced there then I guarantee he's being held back so they can release the game again for next gen with Vergil, turbo, and other shit.

You mean the attacking when it's purple thing?

Attached: Cavaliere fun.webm (864x540, 2.99M)

>D-DMC5 flopped, guys! I swear, DmC2'll happen someday! Haha, DMCucks'll get BTFO so hard!

Attached: Seething Donte.png (897x807, 79K)

Yeah, the timing while holding the button down and letting it charge to a certain amount. It's insanely deep once you know how it works and that it's not beneficial to whip out its maximum charge all the time since you might need the extra speed.

Wait, E3 already happened? What was announced there?

>Shaggy Blanco El Pecado gatillo diablo

now imagine doing this for a dead game that will never come back

>Wait, E3 already happened?

Attached: 250px-079Slowpoke.png (250x250, 44K)

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHH, ELDEN RING

Well you can't really blame people
>game wasn't even out a full 2 weeks
>devs already mentioning the reboot
>no dlc
>ded game

>obsessed with teeth
We get it gamingbrit, you're a poof with shitty teeth and have to love through an anime character. The haircut on DMC4 dante is atrocious, makes his head look incredibly small. Not to mention his terrible stubble, but at least 5 got that look right

What's wrong with his teeth?

Attached: 1545865993061.jpg (3840x2160, 971K)

Yes. Here's a guide:
pastebin.com/45SkzJCN

There's also the tradeoff that the startup of a move in Overtop Gear is a lot faster, but you need to let the previous attack linger long enough to get it.

>10 more arms
>entire old roster of weapons back
>more enemies
>more abilities for all characters
>playable vergil
>rebalance
???? are you serious

dmc4 bros unite

>devs already mentioning the reboot
They've been doing this ever since ign got pissy that Matt dunked on DmC at last years E3

It's really fun, give it a go when you get the chance

Attached: 1557123113835.png (326x335, 155K)

Assuming SE is going to be released in like a year or two from now when the PS5 is out, I'd say my hopes are reasonable.

They aren't making new levels, they aren't making new cutscenes. They can focus entirely on weapons, enemies and rebalancing. A year or two is way more than enough time for that.

Ok, here is the summary
>Boss Vergil can cancel mid air into Judgement Cut
>Boss Vergil can backflip
>Boss Vergil can cancel some of his attacks into JC
>Vergil when in SDT now has after image when performing rapid slash
>Vergil now has a effect that intensifies when not in action, his motivation bar
>Vergil model was updated

Attached: 1560011699220.webm (960x540, 2.88M)

None of the DMC games have interesting level design. No not even 1

> no new cutscene

There's going to be at least a couple of new ones, I just hope they actually give Vergil his own campaign and some expanded cutscenes this time around.

DMC3 has:
>higher difficulty than DMC5
>better Vergil bosses than DMC5
>better music than DMC5
>better level design than DMC5
>better story than DMC5
>forces you to build a loadout and make tradeoffs as Dante

DMC5 is just way too easy. DMD is a joke. Dante is way too overpowered when he has access to everything and isn't neutered like 4.

How was the model updated?

I had no idea anyone liked the puzzle shit in dmc until 5 dropped. I've been with the series since day one and always hated the puzzles.

>dmc3
>ahrd

lamo

play bayonneta and get back to me

Oh yeah, and DMC3 has a better style system than DMC5. The style calculation of DMC5 is bizarre and makes Dantes tutorial level his most difficult to S rank.

>higher difficulty than DMC5
Don't sit there and pretend DMC3 DMD was nothing but a spongefest.
>better Vergil bosses than DMC5
Yes.
>better music than DMC5
Yes.
>better level design than DMC5
>better story than DMC5
Yes.
This is a non-issue, as you can, yourself, equip as many Devil Arms as you want.

They have to. DmC did with Vorgil so at the very least they've got to match it and detailing the events between the end of DMC5 and pic related seems like the logical direction for it.

Attached: 1552135730293.jpg (2560x1440, 901K)

Buster would be a hard counter, or if he managed to stun the player.
He'd snatch if the player got too comfortable fighting long range, like Dante in 4.

>extremely lacking in content, with only 20 missions and lots of throwaway enemies like the Green Empusa, Red Empusa and the Qliphoth tentacles for an already limited roster of enemies, when there should have been like 10-12 missions per character and a roster of about 50 enemies
I wish games had unlimited time and budget too, user.

Delete that image, fren.

Attached: 1del.png (1459x1265, 3.37M)

This.

This is not a plus, in fact to a seasoned DMC player it's a hurdle to being creative.

DMC3 on DMD is much more difficult than DMC5. The bosses are much more dangerous (Vergil is a great example). And Dante is a lot more limited

There's no reason to make tradeoffs in DMC5. Just use everything as Dante and be an unkillable God. It's way too easy.

Not sure about this one, but some PC anons said his hair and cloths was improved in terms of details and animation.

Vergil's Inferno would be kino

It is a plus because when you give Dante everything, he is either overpowered (DMC5) or you have to neuter styles to keep it fair (DMC4). Style switching should be an option you can take as a tradeoff for other things.

the hardest part in bayonetta is that bullshit qte with the two-headed dragon angel where you just die if you don't get it

>DMC3 on DMD is much more difficult than DMC5
Yes, more spongy.
>There's no reason to make tradeoffs in DMC5
user, you can't say this and say
You pick one, and only one, as you have the freedom to select as many Devil Arms as you wish.

>tfw just bad enough at video games that 5DMD gives me challenge but I'm able to slowly plow through it anyway
All the games I like are just hard enough for me to struggle and feel like a moron but generally not enough for me to truly get stuck forever.

Attached: 1463791345576.png (200x200, 157K)

Without a doubt. Not only would we be playing as the new and improved humanized Vergil but we'd be doing it with Dante tagging along for banter in the much missed landscape of hell with the goal of escaping and making Nero's life a living hell. To say I need it would be an understatement.

Attached: 1554863459643.jpg (2488x1440, 1.78M)

it already sold more than DmC

Vergil's Inferno was the plot of Vergil's Downfall, if DMC5 tried its hand at a similar plot and completely shat all over the reboot that'd be the straw that broke Tameem's back

Might be just me but his hair looks better

There's no reason to limit yourself in DMC5. Just use everything and be an unkillable God. It's way too easy.

>this is bad looking
You are retard.

Attached: lol.png (502x620, 335K)

I like how they told us they're ceasing development on DMC5 and everyone moved on to other projects. Who's working on these updates? They just lie to our faces.

Epilog DLC coming soon.

Attached: 1553830592552.png (1000x1500, 1.03M)

Then you admit that the game doesn't force your hand, yes?

Enemies in 1 just had a DT timer on DMD. If you didn't kill them before time was up they became just as bad if not worse than 3's DT enemies.
>3 Flanderized Dante
He's supposed to be younger and more brash. In 1 he was practically a block of wood with a couple of snarky lines. I dunno how you can even flanderize a character with that little to work with.

They had the budget. They just didn't have good priorities for budget allocation.

They could have easily had more content if they didn't waste so much of their budget on photorealistic grafix.

Son of Sparda should have been unlocked from the start.
Wasted my first playthrough on Devil Hunter and I'm still pissed.

Keep lying to yourself then

Attached: 1556052744015.jpg (1111x1920, 795K)

I never said it did. I said DMC3 forces you to make tradeoffs, and DMC5 doesn't. Learn to read.

epilogue* excuse my retardation.

user you're just a tryhard, your argument is as stale as ancient Egyptian bread.

Calling someone a tryhard is not an argument. DMC5 is much easier than DMC3.

I NEED LEAKS! RUMORS! WHEN IS MULTIPLAYER BP

Jfc, man.
>and DMC5 doesn't
>This is a non-issue, as you can, yourself, equip as many Devil Arms as you want.

Attached: 1465580623461.jpg (412x347, 30K)

They said the photo scanning stuff was cheaper and quicker in the long run. And even if it wasn't, if you think we'd have gotten another Dante mission or another enemy if they hadn't created and scanned some expensive coats you're a fucking retard.

It is because your only argument for DMC3 being better than DMC5 is that it's harder. That's the 101 definition of a tryhard.

Never ever.

>DLC is a epilogue in hell with Dante
>They split up and decides to meet up in a certain place
>During the mean time Vergil remember his battle against Mundus, his becoming into NA and his life in hell after DMC1
>During the chapters Vergil meets up with some bosses that remembers how weak Vergil was and makes fun of him
>Vergil punishes these demons by turning them into Devil Arms
>At each boss and chapter more is revealed about Sparda
>Final chapter Vergil turns Yamato into DSV and he meets with Dante
>Ending implies that they want to seal the underworld like Sparda once did
>Mundus shows up
>DLC ends

Attached: 1561492977867.png (1116x967, 1.03M)

Sekiro still has more players, unlike dmc.

>wasting development time on multiplayer instead of having more content
No thanks

>your only argument is that it's harder
It's not the only thing DMC3 does better.

It didn't.

I don't think English is your first language. DMC3 forces you to make tradeoffs. DMC5 gives you everything and makes you overpowered.

That'd be really cool.

Actually it did. According to Capcom themselves it outsold DmC's lifetime sales in the first week of launch.

>DMC5 gives you everything
>This is a non-issue, as you can, yourself, equip as many Devil Arms as you want.

>[Problem]
>[Solution]
>"No"
????????????????????????????????

>better level design
just a fat lol on that one

Why would you limit yourself for no reason? DMC5 doesn't reward you for gimping yourself. Just equip everything and be overpowered. DMC5 is way too easy.

DMC5 levels are just linear corridors with no puzzles or platforming. DMC1 and DMC3 had much better levels.

Attached: Devil May Cry Level Design Evolution.jpg (1616x966, 314K)

I can install the style switcher/weapon switcher mod for 3. Why limit myself for no reason?

Yet it's still below it on their official site, so uhm?

If there's one thing that I consider a dealbreaker for SE is whether or not they fix the loading times and the restart system. If it's still going to force players to choose whether or not they want to use red/gold orbs and then force them to watch an unskippable game over scene and then go through a loading screen and so on and so forth, then I am not getting SE. That shit is the biggest turn-off for replayability.

I just want an option that allows me to quickly restart fights or bosses when I die or just pause and allow me to do that at any time. So many games have this. It's such a simple feature to implement. But DMC5 doesn't have it. It is one of the many ways the game still feels so fucking archaic. Also, please allow players to not load in cutscenes they've already watched a billion times. Nioh was perfect in this specific regard. It set the gold standard for this.

I don't mind dying like 20-30 times to a boss in Inferno difficulty in Ys 8: Lacrimosa of Dana, because the game over sequence is ultra fast, and the option to restart immediately appears as soon as your character's body hits the floor and dies.

>go in this generic corridor
>kill minions of repeat enemies
>pick up item
Such level design

this

finish elementary school, nigger.

>he didn't know about defeating urizen

Perhaps the site isn't maintained? I'm just telling you what Capcom said when they talked in an interview about the DMC5 sales figures.

>Me: DMC3 is harder than DMC5
>You: No it not, I can install cheats on DMC3
Based retard

Thank god they changed it, I don't want to run around and jump around just to solve puzzles, I just want to get cuhrayzee and style on demonlets.

The puzzles and platforming in these games are fucking dogshit tho. Mission 15 in 5 handles that stuff better than any other DMC game by giving you multiple paths and making it optional.

>going around in a circle instead of going through a straight line
lol

>for no reason
The reason is to see how much you can get away with it with only two Devil Arms, DMC3 style.
>DMC5 doesn't reward you for gimping yourself
How long have you been alive that you cannot fathom the concept of a personal challenge vis-a-vis video games? There's no reward for doing a 0 continue run of Contra except the self-satisfaction therein.
>[Problem]
>[Solution]
>"No"

Attached: Dante4.png (1279x661, 1.8M)

That's the most retarded thing I've ever read. Style switcher is a third party tool, it's not an actual part of the original game.

>boy oh boy I love running around in circles to pick up random mcguffins that allow me to run around in circles some more mmmh
>*chugs onions*

Post it then nigger. A flop doing better than a flop isn't good by any stretch though game is not that old and doesn't even have many players lmao

Went in blind like always.
I would have put in the time to beat Urizen if I knew then that beating him in tutorial unlocks SoS.

We’re gonna have to wait for TGS to get Vergil, aren’t we? All I want is Vergil, his own story mode (maybe with Dante), ladies night, and a multiplayer bloody palace. Maybe a mode that allows you and a friend to do any mission together.

>trying this hard
you fags make me laugh

Attached: 1540175897450.jpg (679x957, 88K)

>personal challenge
You admit DMC5 is too easy and you have to come up with abitrary ways to make the game harder.

>lmao
I was until you made it painfully obvious you're only here to shitpost. Go make another tranny thread instead.

They are probably lying
>Dan still working as mo-cap
>Jornalist went to Capcom and saw Yamato that is being used for mo-cap
>Vergil and him alone got a update
>Vergil has moves that aren't meant to be used by the NPC
>Vergil has a DT concept art that we never saw
>Matt said they stoped working on DMC, but still released a update

Once we got that Trophy list people were already theorizing about the one trophy being about defeating urizen in the prologue.

Better end:
>seal hell.
>Kyrie makes pizza pasta for the family and Vergil gets to see his grand children.

I already agreed with you that DMC3 DMD enemies are more spongy, yes. I was focusing in on the asinine logic at play, here, in regards to Devil Arms.

I have no interest in DMC5 dlc unless I can unga smash.

>grand children
Stop with this meme. He has no kids and the focus should be on Vergil building a relationship with his son before any grandkids come into the scene.

>grand children.
>Vergil's disappointment when its just a 3 spics nero adopted

you can do that already

Attached: 1560108774854.jpg (631x658, 38K)

The community is pretty much burned out and done with the game for now.
We did have daily threads since E3 til release.

We need new content or to wait some more months to let people go back to the game and newcomers to try it.

>before release
>"if people are asking for more playable characters we can add them post-launch"
>after release
>" development on dmc5 has stopped :)"
what the FUCK did they mean by this

Attached: o4kyvy8ckhb31.jpg (1125x1199, 146K)

Nero already has his own game tard.

Don't trust them.

Attached: 1554220773577.jpg (268x326, 26K)

Those developers have lie to us in the past, they're lying again.

Not enough levels

Dante is an input-reading faggot, while Berial is nothing special

Attached: 1561056787090.jpg (250x373, 20K)

Swap DmC and 2 around, the latter's crime was for being criminally boring and mediocre.

They should really update it so you can run through any level as whoever you want.

youtube.com/watch?v=mZdGXBU5rAo&feature=youtu.be

Please make this happen

That would make too much sense.

"If they haven't released anything yet it means they're taking their time to make it good"
Straight from Dan's big mouth.

the story in 5 is worse than the story in 4

Any decent mods for 5? Someone earlier mentioned a cheat engine table that enhanced the game can you link it?

Attached: 1427954321949.jpg (1360x955, 142K)

Just a reminder that DLC are often handled by Capcom's B team so Matt probably didn't lied

Same but with Dante
V's levels should have been shared with either Dante or Nero.

Attached: 1538663813378.jpg (1200x790, 353K)

Super cool. Those guys suck.

Due to the Cameo system the game already has all 3 playable character loaded into it at once right?
Think they could figure out something like a character swap mode either via mods or officially?

I dunno, press both Sticks and your playable character switches from Nero --> Dante or something?

nah

twitter.com/SSSiyan/status/1141103188273172480

That's true.
If I remember Right, Dragon's Dogma's Dark Arisen DLC didn't even have Itsuno on it.

4 had a complete arc for Nero.

5 doesn't even have a story arc

twitter.com/SSSiyan

Follow this guy, he makes a shitton of mods and retweets things other makes. And a personal recommendation twitter.com/MartinHIIIIIIII/status/1120217457971605504?s=20 this makes Balrog a million times better.

>Legitimate thread for the game gets less replies than a shitposting thread
Why is it like this?
>the focus should be on Vergil building a relationship with his son before any grandkids come into the scene.
>Vergil being a dad
>thinking Bingo would know how to write that shit without making it seem like shit
>wanting Vergil to act like a dad
I personally would want backtracking back a bit, as long as it isn't overdone and works smoothly, and the interconnected levels felt better than what 5 did

Attached: 1553369011439.webm (1920x1080, 2.81M)

>Vergil gets a giant sword as one of his alt weapons.
>BIGGER

twitter.com/sssiyan
you download the cheat table and the 3.0 game.exe since it hasn't been updated to the most recent patch yet
it has a bunch of neat stuff

Attached: Devil May Cry 5 2019.06.01 - 13.59.03.03.DVR_1.webm (1000x600, 2.89M)

lol

DMC never got dlc, they always had se releases instead.

>If there's any game this thread should be made for it'd FFXV
FTFY

This, Capcom is well aware people will rebuy DMC5 for the sole fact of having a playable Vergil and a few other goodies i know i would

The story arc is for baijiru duh

Kinda true though....
Nero arc in DMC5
>I'm not deadweight
Dante arc in DMC5
>Aww shit here we go again
Vergil arc in DMC5
>Seeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeth

What was Nero's arc in 4 tho?

>Who the fuck is that, what the fuck is that, what is happening, KIRYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Gonna style on this idea
>Mundus shows up
>DMC6
>Dante and Vergil fighting against Mundus
>Vergil says that the portal will not stay open for long and thatDante should go
>Vergil says he will settle things against Mundus once and for all
>As he walks toward Mundus, Dante impales him and throws him through the portal
>Dante says "lets rock" and runs toward Mundus
>Vergil falls back on the human realm
>Meanwhile Nero and Nico are going back home after a mission
>Nico then says Lady called her and that they should go to Devil May Cry to meet with her and Trish
>They meet Vergil and he says what happened, and says how to save Dante
>Nero and Vergil goes to a mission on the remains of Mallet island to open the portal to Mundus kingdome
>They get into hell and both split up
>They fought against some demons and meet Mundus, Mundus then reveals his most powerful Angelo
>Vergil then says that he is confident in his son's power to take on Mundus and that Nero is powerful like a descendent of Sparda
>We play as Vergil against Nelo Angelo Sin Devil Trigger Dante
>Nero takes on Mundus but he is clearly underpower
>After being almost defeated, Vergil and Dante shows up to help Nero
>During the battle demons shows up to help Mundus, but Trish, Lady and Lucia shows up with a bunch of Devil Arms to fight these demons, along side some demons that wants a descendent of Sparda as king
>During the battle Nero gets DSD and DSV to fight against Mundus
>For a brief moment Mundus sees Sparda on Nero as Nero says he wants to protect those who he loves
>Battle ends with Mundus defeat
>Then the demons demands one of the three to stay on hell
>Dante accept it and says Vergil should go to enjoy life with his family
>Nero, Vergil and crew are sent to Earth, with Lucia being the only one that stays with Dante
>Now Devil May Cry is run by Nero and Vergil, and the ladies are their helping hand
>Final scene is Nero and Vergil fighting demons

Attached: 1563598925735.jpg (1404x781, 483K)

Saving Kyrie > Not being deadweight

I really wish someone figured out a fucking hook for this engine so all this shit didn’t require CheatEngine to function properly.

Story: 3:SE > 1 = 4:SE > 5 > 2
Gameplay: 5 > 4:SE > 3 > 1 >>> 2

>maybe somewhere out there even a devil may cry when he loses a loved one
It's basically just him accepting his demon heritage, and also religion is bad

>an event is better than a character arc
bruh

destructoid.com/the-future-of-devil-may-cry-is-bright-again-according-to-capcom-553455.phtml
>While Capcom has basically ignored DmC completely as they've been singing the praises of Devil May Cry 5
>In fact they actually state that Devil May Cry 5 has "successfully reinvigorated the brand," in their financial report detailing the fiscal year ending in March 2019
also
>Devil May Cry 5 sails past DmC's early sales with over two million copies sold
>Well, with very little alterations to his character design, he's still cool enough to shift over two million copies: a stark contrast to Capcom's revised "1.2m shipped" target for DmC after its launch in 2013.
and the game has been out 3x longer now than it was when these reports were made.

>The epilogue has been available along this whole time but we have to find a very specific secret to unlock it.

Attached: 1546641840106.jpg (1000x563, 111K)

So user was lying and it's still the same shit we already knew about? New numbers or gtfo!

>Vergil DLC soon
Prove it

>Nero and Kyrie’s Voice actors are the same for Ichigo and Orihime from bleach.
>time skip in bleach has Ichigo and Orihime has twins.
>...
Not wanting this is like not liking wholesome. You stop being such a sourpuss. Why can’t Vergil go from proud dad, to instant “oh shit I’m a grandpa... fuck...” seems about right with how long he’s be gone for.

>Vergil arc in DMC5
t. missed the point

Why can't you people just savour something instead of living moment to moment? Vergil has only just realized he's a father so lets enjoy that for a while yeah? then we can go from there.

They can't dmc5 mongoloids have been coping with this for so long and the only "proof" they can post is some vague twitter

I haven't been keeping up with it and I'm not going to spend more than 2 min digging up sales info, but regardless they're not going back to DmC anytime soon, and calling 5 a flop compared to the reboot is retarded.

>Story: 3:SE > 1 = 4:SE > 5
Made me kek user.

Attached: 1558919403158.png (488x782, 389K)

Ost: 2>1>3>4>>

>gameplay: 4 above 3
Fucking lol, back to discord

Matt is that you?

Has anyone bothered datamining DMC5?

This.

>Capcom giving shit for free
Probably is true in the SE, but not in the vanilla version.

Back to plebbit fag.

dmc4 threads were comfy though minus DmC shitposting. Plus dmc5 eventually did come out

I got this with my amd card but I never played it

Go play it user, it's a good time.

dunno but the Ladies night and divergence turned out to be fake fyi.

yeah ive been bored anyway, might as well give it a go

How on earth do you determine what version of DMC5 you are on?

While I don't hate the story in 4, Nero doesn't really get expanded upon more than an awakening for MORE POWER and KYRIE autism that gets half-resolved at the end of the game. There's no real personal growth for Nero in 4, while 5 does get a bit of payoff. His deadweight status makes him seethe, sure, but he also gets burdened with the idea of having a father that is also a wannabe demon king that is gonna have to fight his surrogate father and actual uncle to the death. And he resolves this through his one real focus as a character, which is family. His seething over deadweight shit is rooted in his failure to protect Kyrie and save Credo in 4 and while the actual powerboost shit is a bit out of nowhere, it comes from his desire to protect his family, and plays perfectly into what we already know about Nero from 4. It might not be elegant, but it does complete his arc somewhat well and gives a great moment where he gets to beat down Vergil for being a shitter.

I do respect 4 for it's story a lot more after 5 because it builds on Nero so well. Any shit about Dante is really lacking, except his realization about Nero being Vergil's kid and thus leaving a big fucking deal of a weapon in his hand, singular, literally. But that's fine, because Dante is certainly not the focus for the actual story beats. He gets some resolution in 5 over Vergil as well, especially with him and Vergil being stuck in hell together for some family bonding. The same goes for Vergil, while also exploring his demon and human side a bit during the game and not himself so much, which works pretty well. It gives a bit of insight into how he handles his halves when still whole.

Then again, I'd say 3, 4 and 5 all have good stories despite what people meme about the franchise. I still have yet to play 1, so I'm not gonna comment on that.

I put 4:SE higher because it has more playable characters really, not because of the tech 4babbs keep bitching about
3 is clearly the best, 1 is a nice adventure of Dante becoming the legendary hero he is but has some plotholes, 4 has as many problem plotholes as 1 (maybe even more) but I liked hearing Nero scream Kyrie, 5's story is bad because there wasn't a bad guy to kill or defeat at the end and no devil cried because Nero was too much of a bitch to just do it

Attached: Pointing up.jpg (1672x1545, 1.08M)

>Vergil gets an alt color for no reason

Attached: 1538941254893.jpg (937x789, 128K)

Lady and Trish also get alt colors despite being even less relevant than him

Addendum, I guess I forgot about Nero's apprehension towards his demon heritage that he does come to accept at the end of the game, as user said

I wonder why? I think is to make the boss battle more nostalgic, right?

Attached: 1562548988932.png (681x699, 1.14M)

Hopefully you find something cool before the thread dies

Attached: Dante Must Die.jpg (854x1120, 250K)

DMC5 having no extra costumes is a sin. DMC3 had several yet this couldn't? they were scanning clothes so at the very least they could have had coatless versions.

So whatever happened to that thing that Itsuno said about V's tattoos being related to Nico's? They only interacted like once. I'm starting to think he just said that to get people off the scent that V was Vergil.

>bad guy to kill or defeat at the end
>implying Vergil's power autism isn't the biggest baddie of the game.

Iirc vanilla DMC3 didn't had any right?

Ever since Nero was introduced we didn't get any costless variants, even DmC and DMC2 had costless variants for fuck sake

dunno really, but he had a download link for the 3.0 client in the google drive so just DL that and replace it

Nice boss fight you have there DMCfriends

LMAO

Attached: shit boss lol.webm (900x506, 2.91M)

Yeah and they're all previous playable characters right?

Attached: 1562885756737.png (640x488, 111K)

Possibly? I haven't played vanilla DMC3 in a very long time so I couldn't comment. Either way that was a PS2 game, no excuses now.

So Nero is the problem? Mundus killing Nero fucking when?

So I FINALLY got to play this game and even though I haven't finished it yet (like two missions away from doing so), I really feel like this may genuinely be the greatest action game ever made. Fuck, it's so fucking good. Not perfect, but I really think every positive it has going for it outweighs the negatives.

5 with Cheat Engine has all of that and more.

5CE > 4 > 5

Not a good enough bad guy, and maybe the worst rival boss in the series since you aren't suppose to beat him 3 times, and than you have to fight him twice more, and no one crying put down a notch

Fuck off, Barry, better then "smash X to win".

>I really feel like this may genuinely be the greatest action game ever made

lol

>471346346
Not getting a (you) for being a tryhard

>B rank
You've wasted 150k orbs for this?

Attached: 1556650727081.jpg (552x567, 14K)

I'm not really into having to do that, since it means I have to re-do it every time Steam pushes an update for the game, not to mention the fact that the shit still requires CheatEngine to function.

I wish there were actual mods for DMC5 that weren't just model swaps.

>not a new ip
He's doing this shit again
Can't wait for all you're replies to get deleted again so we can see the 10s of shitposts you've made in this thread

Not him but name a better action game

they're also ALL the characters in the game, except Morrison
Which means Morrison will be playable

Attached: 4.png (128x96, 13K)

Name a game that does anything it does better then.

I think ultimately, it stands above every other game in the series, even if previous games have certain things they do a little bit better than 5.

>No unlockable DMC1 Dante outfit
>No unlockable DMC2 Dante outfit
>No unlockable Coatless Dante for all his designs
>Literally nothing in terms of alternate designs

Why the fuck does DMC5 not have DMC1 Dante at the very least? Even the shitty DMC2 and Reboot had DMC1 Dante.

Attached: 66819224_p0.jpg (1317x950, 1.02M)

>I'm starting to think he just said that to get people off the scent that V was Vergil.
They also said V was a human too so I think they were trying to confuse us but they really didn't hide surprises that well considering Urizen and Vergil's distorted voice was spoiled.

Nico too. Doubt we'll play as her.

You count Urizen and Vergil as one?

>So whatever happened to that thing that Itsuno said about V's tattoos being related to Nico's?
He never said that, did he?

>Shit bosses including their design
I honestly don't get how people can spout this nonsense when 5 has the highest concentration of good bosses since the first game. Granted 3's Vergil fights do shit all over 5's.

It's vanilla DMC4 that had not a single alternate costume, not even recolours.

There are quite a few games that do enemy aggression better; Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden, Transformers Devastation.

DMC5 only ever really gets hectic from a survival standpoint during certain bosses or against Furies, everything else is combo fodder. Not that there's anything wrong with combo fodder per se, but it's more satisfying to juggle something knowing that if you drop the juggle or miss your window, it's gonna come back 100% ready to rip your anus up 3 sizes.

I'm genuinely hoping it's all in the Special Edition.

That's his point dumbass. He's saying Yea Forums shits on 5 to spite an eceleb they hate.

In fairness, that's a problem with the whole damn series aside from maybe 1.

Morrison didn't get an alt but fug I forgot Nico, you ruined my shitty theory thanks.

Attached: 1562653872112.jpg (191x260, 6K)

I love how Faust is always used in these gifs. It's been acknowledged that Faust can become overpowered. It's still not practical since you have to spend orbs to do this and it only gets you a B rank. A true fan is after those sweet S ranks.

Attached: 1552847899602.jpg (1200x900, 566K)

He did, I specifically remember people looking Nico and V up and down to try and figure out what that meant.

Yeah, and it's something the series is often criticized for among action game players.

It's highly technical, but not especially challenging EXCEPT when attempting to be highly technical. Striking a nice balance would be a way it could improve. It's still a phenomenal game, but it doesn't do everything better than every other game in the genre.

>or against Furies
How the fuck do I fight furies as Nero?

Did I? You fight Urizen twice in the prologue (as Dante and Nero), and a third time as Nero who breaks his shield but still loses, and again a fourth time as Dante who beats him but than he runs away, and lastly a fith time where he loses
Vergil isn't a bad guy anymore, just a last boss, so I can't really count him

I recall Okabe saying that Crew Cut has a secret. What was his secret?

Look it up on youtube, there is several ways to deal with them and their moves are REALLY telegraphable

Dodge their attacks and hit them when they're open?

Dante has ways to bully the shit out of Furies (like Coyote spam) but they're not supposed to be bully-able. They're supposed to be threatening.

More like
SSS tier: DMC3SE
SS tier: DMC5
S tier: DMC4SE, DMC1
D tier: DMC2

I remember it was just a "leak", because when they asked him if there was a connection between them, they avoided any answer

>It's highly technical, but not especially challenging EXCEPT when attempting to be highly technical. Striking a nice balance would be a way it could improve. It's still a phenomenal game, but it doesn't do everything better than every other game in the genre.
Meh

DMC5 still does just about everything ELSE better than just about every other action game.

I think his face scan was one of the development team.

He took notes

Attached: DG.png (220x352, 102K)

This is a the third time i come to one of these generals and immediately get labeled as some boogieman first post. I shudder to think what it would be like if i clicked on every single one of these threads

You people are harboring some serious fucking lunatics here. Like legitimately crazy people. Holy fuck this game brought some serious skeletons out of the closet.

Attached: argh my sides.jpg (1002x974, 109K)

Still waiting

His English VA narrated the History of DMC video

Every Ninja Gaiden game.

My bad I reread the replies, I misinterpreted what you wrote.

Yeah, but that's kind of a big one. "Sure jumping sucks, but it does everything ELSE better than other platformers" "yeah it's got really bad courses, but it does everything ELSE better than other racing games"

You fight enemies, and they fight back. That's combat. If the enemies are bad at fighting back, that's half of your combat system not working like it ought to.

>I also hear that these people are being scorned for perceived oldfaggotry, not entirely dissimilar to what's happening to Melee elitists.

DMC is about having fun and going CRAZY.
Autists were making websites about this series and uploading stylish clips before Yea Forums was a board. This is a true cult-classic franchise. People still play DMC 2 -- for fun. If you like it, you like it all, and you don't give a fuck because you're absolutely crazy about it.

Is mission 15 the best designed mission in the game?
>main path diverges heavily at 2 occasions
>multiple areas rewarding explorations going off the main path that reward exploration
>including a long punchline ride section
>fun gimmicks, like the spikes that can be slowed down with ragtime, or the path where you can use the pyrobats to cross over
It's a shame that's it's visually pretty boring

Attached: image00265.jpg (1357x1920, 625K)

God Hand

Wasn't 3 supposed to be really bad?

mocapped by dan

Dmc 1 is overrated boomer garbage

It was and then they fixed it and now it's better than DMC5.

Embarrassing post.

user, NG3RE is still pretty fucking bad.

DMC1 is underrated.

that's because credo is the only boss that truly captures the spirit of dmc3-5. it's really fast-paced, it's not easy but it also always feels like a fight on equal footing. it's also the fight i show people when i'm introducing them to dmc.
youtube.com/watch?v=VrXRxyL6B90

You better not be Ken, No, it's not, it's actually pretty fucking excellent.

>471347645
God damn user, why are you so mad? I can already feel the earthquake coming up

yikes

In my heart of hearts, way deep down where it counts, I just can't ever really love an action game where you can't cancel any attack animation with an evasive maneuver.

You could've worded this differently user. You look like an autist.

Attached: Lady.jpg (1024x512, 72K)

>You fight enemies, and they fight back. That's combat. If the enemies are bad at fighting back, that's half of your combat system not working like it ought to.
Honestly, I kinda feel like it's overstated anyway. Like yeah, enemies in 5 are mostly combo-food but it's not like the player is going to effortlessly breeze through them. I've beaten 3 on DMD and started 4 on the same mode (yeah, I know) and still occasionally had trouble with them on normal.

Again, 5 still does literally everything else better regardless.

>Mundus killing Nero fucking when?
Vergil's Power Hour part 2

What the fuck

Attached: 2pybwo.jpg (466x500, 23K)

It can't be underrated when it's universally acknowledged as one of the most important games of the PS2 generation of consoles.

wait, are you saying 5 is better than all the other DMC games, or better than all other action games period, because I feel like you're getting off-track.

"Occasionally having trouble" with enemies is not what hard mode on an action game should look like. It should be a merciless hellscape where the smallest failure of reflexes or situational awareness results in instant and humiliating death.

youtube.com/watch?v=uDFNTAgVuDQ&t=192s

DMC5 is a great action game but it's not even Top 10 in the realm of "white knuckle sweaty-fingered holy-shit action", which is a huge appeal of the genre beyond technical complexity.

You are free to have your own taste of course but I love that about Ninja Gaiden, DMC is an offensive game while NG is a defensive game, block and dodge while studying your enemy and attack at the perfect moment, going on the aggressive while the enemy is being defensive is generally a bad idea. I like that not every action game has to be the same attack+dodge fest (though I like those games too).

This. The creator of God of War has even said that the game was known as "Developers May Cry" when it released as it changed everything and he aspired to make a game as great as it.

getting a B rank in DMC and being proud of it

Attached: All this way.jpg (1713x924, 91K)

the only boss that is good... yikes

>"Occasionally having trouble" with enemies is not what hard mode on an action game should look like. It should be a merciless hellscape where the smallest failure of reflexes or situational awareness results in instant and humiliating death.
Dude, I said I occasionally had trouble ON NORMAL. I have yet to play the higher difficulties. Even then, I'd say that the whole point of DMC's combat is self-expression through combos and abusing advanced tech.

Why? Don't you like depth? Commitment is a part of that. Apart from Ninja Gaiden the only series of the top of my head that does it too is Onimusha now that i think about it.

Also it's funny you would mention that in this conversation when RE literally introduced a move that let's you cancel recovery frames into a teleport at the cost of meter.

Attached: nothing personel.webm (900x506, 2.87M)

He probably didn't even do that himself. I'm sure he took that off a YouTube video.

3's story was alright, but it dragged on for far too long. the level design wasn't particularly different from 5, except even more muddy. climbing a demon tower, falling down from it and climbing the same tower again but with broken walls isn't what i'd call good level design. it might be more difficult, but dmc3 becomes borderline frustrating on very hard and dmd, especially with enigmas and fallens. and while the vergil fights are overall a lot better than vergil in 5, the rest of the bosses with the exception of a&r and MAYBE cerberus are hot garbage. i would take nidhogg over leviathan any day.

Meh Dante boss fight isn't that good, but it isn't the worst one either

IIRC it was an interview with famitsu with one of the nips asking Matt or Okabe if Nico was related and they said said to wait for more news.

I would love NG3 if the enemies didn't auto-dodge like every other second. The alchemists and those common commando enemies are particularly guilty of this.

Not the person you responded to by the way. Just wanted to chime in my thoughts on NG3RE. The combo system in that game is incredibly fluid and satisfying. Too bad the enemy AI in that game is atrociously bullshit.

>I'd say that the whole point of DMC's combat is self-expression through combos and abusing advanced tech.
I'd agree with that assessment, and I'm saying that by leaning so heavily into this specific focus, it winds up being sub-standard compared to other games in the genre when looked at from the other side. The claim being challenged is that "DMC5 is the best action game of all time, there's no game that does anything DMC5 does but better" and I'm saying that this is a bullshit claim to make about a game with such molasses-witted AI.

DMC, as a series (at least under Itsuno's direction) is a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game where you beat up halfpipes. I'm not denying that it's very good at this. I'm saying there are other things an action game can and maybe even should be besides just being that.

Jesus
I'm glad you arent making dmc series
Imagine having such shit taste
>50 enemies

>Apart from Ninja Gaiden the only series of the top of my head that does it too is Onimusha
And all of the Souls games, basically. Honestly, the limitations placed on dodging is what ruined Nioh for me too.

B for Bought.

Nice pay2win game friendos

Attached: eks dee.gif (480x254, 3.27M)

This is the most embarrassing cope I have seen in a while.

Where's my Bayo fag who sucks angel dick of Grace and Glory?

cope

DMC5 was disappointing as fuck

holy shit the samefagging in this thread

The concept art for all those levels are nice but man I hope they use this concept for hell if they ever do dlc or something.

Attached: 1546721338254.jpg (1357x1920, 601K)

Seethe more

Attached: 1562559268630.png (529x639, 584K)

This.

Sure
>muh sandbag enemies
>muh plot
>muh level design
>muh DmC2
>muh V
>muh bugs
Have some Chuck

do you all use the standard button configuration?

>people claiming 3 has better gameplay than 4 or 5
Have you ever contrarian'd so hard user
even with style switcher, it's just not as fun as 4 let alone 5

I have trouble believing people who say this played any NG game but 2 because the dodge behavior in NGRE is not something new they cooked up, it's literally AI from NG1. The difference is that the enemies in RE often counter from it, that's why they introduced the new defensive skills. The only true bullshit enemies in RE are the claw ninjas and invisible commandos. Alchemists are a different story, they are minibosses and need to e treated as such, they are specifically designed to punish button mashers. They have 100% guaranteed setups whee they will get hit just like any other boss. Getting filtered by alchemists is newby tier my dude.

yeah but Souls is running at 1/4th the speed. The faster the games got the less commitment was needed.

Attached: Ultra Instinct.webm (900x506, 586K)

>funimation

Attached: 1561774083334.png (327x390, 291K)

While I don't think 3's is better than 5 I will say I prefer 3 to 4 as it's a lot tighter and better developed in my opinion.

And honestly? I'm going to disagree PURELY because DMC is way more fun to me personally, and a LOT of people would agree. I love Bayonetta, NG, etc., but DMC just scratches an itch that the others simply do not.

I wish more levels were in the city and city/tree hybrid like mission 8/9/11

>Hell looks beautiful
I hope and I wish that the next game is set in Hell, with some Nero missions in the human world, and hopefully it'll be surreal and cool like in 1 and 3

Fuck style switcher
This little tactical piece of planing your loadout in dmc 3 is kino

I meant "newbie" plus all those other typos. Fucking auto correct only comes on to fuck me up.

you forgot lame vergil fight

>make SDT's Judgment a crazy combos
>bring back slight/long delay combos from 1
>bring back the enemy surf as a sprint taunt for Dante
>bring back wall running for Dante
>give Nero wall running by using his arm wings/bringer
>change the animations for most of the attacks
>bring back an interconnected map that doesnt have so many loading screens
>Make the gravity heavier than how it is in 5
>make turbo mode the default speed
>give each character his own campaign
>give the tougher enemies counters/blocks/teleports even when mid-air
>lower the health pool of DMD
>Increase how aggressive enemies are
>change Nero's Bringer Knuckle into the Stand
>make Dante's SDT only accessible in SSS
>make the mission ranking system like DMC1, 3 or even 4, anything but like 5
>bring back items and remove the daily login gold orb
>make Vergil playable in the vanilla release game, and reserve the SE seat for Lady and Trish
>give Nero a human rival, Vergil a clone rival, and Dante a demon warrior rival
>keep the blood drinking gimmick for the combo fodder enemies
>have a shoot and kill enemy like Shadows, Blood gargoyles, and Blitz
>have a crit-kill enemy like sin scissors
>make Nico dye her hair blonde because she wants to look more like Nell after what Dante said about her looks
>have a secret boss (the divinity statue for example)
>have alt costumes that aren't just recolors (at least a costless variant you cheap fucks)
>redesign Dante's SDT and DT, and Nero's DT
>redesign Devil Sword Dante to have some semblance of Rebellion and change the chicken claws into horns
>make Bloody Palace a literal creepy palace with blood dripping around it
>give Bloody Palace different game modes (DMC3esque random encounters, and DMC4/5 BP) and optional gimmick floors like in DmC
>have battle themes that aren't bad or made by shit bands (Vergil:DMC1-esque music Dante:Heavy rock Nero: Pop rock) and nice ambiance while exploring the environment
What do you guys think?

Attached: 8b70ecce3968e8ef82f5591a979dd4c7.jpg (536x433, 30K)

>have battle themes that aren't bad or made by shit bands
I want some Celldweller in my DMC soundtrack

You again
I will repeat myself. Glad that you are not designing dmc with such shit taste
>wallrunning
>stand
Jaysis

>one good boss
vs
>at least two good bosses
Dante vs Vergil, Dante vs Cavaliere Angelo

>DMC just scratches an itch that the others simply do not.
I feel like Bayonetta does. I think Bayonetta is the perfect balance between "trying to stay alive while a murder mob descends on you" and "look how many times I can spank your helpless body in mid-air without touching the ground".

I wish it had a toolkit as elaborate as DMC5's, sure, but having the enemy variety and AI level is more important. It's a shame DMC5 never really got there, beyond Furies.

Also, if DMC is the only thing scratching the "shredding my controller like a guitar solo" itch for you, there are some action games you desperately need to play:

youtube.com/watch?v=QQZGYwkwfgw
Aztez at a medium level of play does more with space and position than DMC does at it's highest level, and as a bonus has a risk-reward structure designed around juggling enemies indefinitely after death.

youtube.com/watch?v=fO8SF1qHt14
Assault Spy is what happens if you decide to stuff all of Dante and Vergil's DMC3 moves onto one character and make him fight cell phones.

>This little tactical piece of planing your loadout in dmc 3 is kino
Damn, I'm so glad someone else thinks so. Now mind you, I think that 5 is the better game and prefer the way that Dante plays there, but I always grew sick of people talking about how superior 4 was thanks to style switching when not only were all of Dante's Styles nerfed, but his toolkit as a whole was much less interesting than in 3. Thankfully 5 buffed every style, made them fun to play again, and gave him excellent weapons again although I do wish that he had at least one more melee weapon and one more firearm.

Judgment cut spam with dragon fly > trick up, helbreaker stinger spam

Honestly, what I'd do to make DMC5 perfect:

>bring back crazy combos for Dante
>if not give Dante wallrunning or Wild Stomp, give it to Lucia and Lady respectively
>also, bring back Lucia and make her playable again
>give Nero and/or Dante freeride
>maybe give every character a proper rival
>give V Phantom
>give Dante a demonic laser weapon like Artemis or Nightmare-Beta
>make Devil Breakers at least semi-selectable, or selectable to a limited degree, like Dante's tookit in 3

Are you a flaming faggot with cock for brains or something? DMC4 has better gameplay than 3

>vergil fights are overall a lot better than vergil in 5
I see this point a lot but why?

I just would like some feedback to form an opinion, and what's wrong with wall running? And the stand is just a cosmetic change from the floating arm that I thought would've been cool

Attached: 1446950877491.webm (640x480, 2.76M)

>what's wrong with wall running?
honestly, this. In terms of wacky kung-fu ninja nonsense it's kind of a staple.

the atmosphere was a lot more engaging, each of the 3 fights were turning points in dante's story and showed his progression through the game, the arena designs for each fight were absolutely great and the musik was awesome as well. the vergil fight in 5 was pretty much just vergil 1 in dmc3 in a different arena and with a slightly extended move set, whereas the fights in 3 were all very different from each other. i really like the final fight in 5, but they don't really compare to the fights in 3. the vergil fights were arguably the only really good bosses, mind you.

Cool ideas, but isn't Lucia restricted to stay in Vie de Marli since it's her job to protect the place? And how will Phantom work with the next "VV"playstyel if it returns? Will it work like a DT switcher?

Attached: dmc4isagoodgame.webm (1280x720, 2.99M)

I've always missed it. It was damn cool in 3, wall-running, air dashing, and then teleporting to fools to JC off of and then do it all again, like in that webm. Shit, it was pretty cool in DMC2 as well and that game sucked.

>5
Nero has a glimpse of it with his Breakers
Man, I still love this planning for like mission 8. Start with some damage arm like overture to take cainas and axe fuckers. Then ragtime and bringer for fury, after that gerbera breakage for first platform with lizzards, etc.
Sure there is DB cheat, it has its charm but still kinda feels wrong of overpowered arms.

>DMC, as a series (at least under Itsuno's direction) is a Tony Hawk's Pro Skater game where you beat up halfpipes

I'm using this from now on user. Good shit

>the vergil fights were arguably the only really good bosses, mind you.
Objectively false

I don't mind the breakers breaking mid-mission, I just wish the game were set up so that after the mission you got your fucking loadout back instead of them being actual consumables and you having to rebuild your fucking magazine.

It would have been preferable for them to be unlocked like moves, freely switchable normally, but using a Break Away or Break Age rendered them unusable until mission end when Nico could fix them for you.

There's something that cracks me up about this webm

>Cool ideas, but isn't Lucia restricted to stay in Vie de Marli since it's her job to protect the place?
Couldn't they find a way to bring her elsewhere?

>And how will Phantom work with the next "VV"playstyel if it returns? Will it work like a DT switcher?
Maybe just let him switch between the two, like a normal weapon or gun.

Also, I haven't been in DMC5 threads since I'm only just now getting to it due to being a poorfag but is the general consensus that V's playstyle needs to come back? I fucking love the way he plays, man.

So should I be planning with Nero then and not just thinking on the fly?

t. gigapede, leviathan and geryon
the only decent fight aside from that was agni&rudra, beowulf was okay i guess, nevan and cerberus were boring as hell and geryon and doppelgänger are just not fun to fight. leviathan and gigapede are pure trash.
the only boss fights that legitimately get you hyped are the ones where you encounter vergil.

>rebuild your fucking magazine.
This and you can't switch them with shoulder buttons unlike Dante loadouts. You need to go to specific tab and equip it.

Geryon is a legitimately great fight though.

New thread when?

>vergil 1 in dmc3 in a different arena and with a slightly extended move set,
Wouldn't vergil 5 and vergil 3 be the same ( not considering anything but the gameplay)? He lost beowulf and is just as aggressive but I just played the game until hard.

>>Then the demons demands one of the three to stay on hell
????????????????

>So should I be planning with Nero then and not just thinking on the fly?
Your call. I just don't see muh thinking on fly on dmd where you can't pick up breakers. On DHband SoS yeah you can go with whatever you find

DMC5 potato sack AI enemies problem is compounded by the fact that they have 5 billion points of health.

Why do those giant bugs have more health than a boss and yet all they do is stand around doing nothing?

>Express yourself!
Ok. I'm bored!

Express yourself.

to each their own, i found geryon incredibly boring to be honest, even though the concept was neat.
does he use force edge in 5? haven't played in a while and i can only recall him using yamato, but i could be wrong. in that case you'd be right.

>Modded DMC
nice try nigger. I've played this game a fuck ton from Devil hunter to HaH and this never happens

>V's playstyle needs to come back
No he sucks but if they need to, just make him optional.

>force edge
He got some moves from it (Vorgil) like helmbreaker and kino stinger

As soon as it hits bump limit, I wanna see what datamine user has in store

Attached: 1548000452013.jpg (702x694, 33K)

Shame no games (except one) have been designed where you have to manually trigger the death of an enemy so there can be a disconnect between "how much health it has" and "how long I can combo on it".

>Couldn't they find a way to bring her elsewhere?
Who knows, they can maybe have Nero travel there to help her out or something, or maybe a demon takes her to Hell where she meets Dante and Vergil
>Maybe just let him switch between the two, like a normal weapon or gun.
Or maybe give him 4 Demon DT's and make them switchable like styles
>is the general consensus that V's playstyle needs to come back?
No, most people here think he's shit and shouldn't come back, but I personally think it could work if they just changed some things about it

this guy's really pullin out all the same tired cookie cutter posts tonight isnt he

>make him optional.
This
Make him some post story unlock or some shit. A mini campaign after finishing story mode and give more time for Nero/Dante

wat gaem?

>does he use force edge in 5?
His summon swords are in the shape of Force Edge, but obviously he doesnt have the sword since it's part of the Sparda which was absorbed by Dante

>2019 i am forgotten...
>thread reaches bump limit
Are these threads ever true?

>Your call. I just don't see muh thinking on fly on dmd where you can't pick up breakers. On DHband SoS yeah you can go with whatever you find
I'm so new to DMC5. I'm still thinking about how I should play Dante since I feel like I NEED to be able to fully charge DSD but doing so on my currently configuration (with melee on Square) is hard.

>No, most people here think he's shit and shouldn't come back, but I personally think it could work if they just changed some things about it
Why? One thing I love about 5 is how fucking innovative it feels and V is something that legitimately brings something new to the cuhrayzee genre. In addition, he's just really fun to play for me, but I would've liked him to have had another summon.

To the world at large it is forgotten. It's confined to these generals. Wasn't good enough to blow people's minds, wasn't bad enough to meme about

>with melee on Square
Play with default scheme then. It's fine for Dante
>how I should play Dante
Play like 3. Stick to 1 style and 2/2 melee/range

>wanting more characters to the already bloated cast
we got 5 playable characters already

if you fags want lucia back just give her v's style then or add it to vergil since he has his sdt doppelganger.

Aztez. Enemies spray blood as they take damage, which is what fills your meter; when an enemy runs out of HP, it stops making blood, and if you grab it, you will execute it to generate a bunch of blood. But if you don’t use your grab, you can continue your combo indefinitely, which doesn’t fill your meter but does give you combo points/score.

The thing is, if you let an enemy come to rest (on the ground and not in a stun/recovery animation) it enters a dazed state, and will die on its own in a short time or if it takes another melee strike instead of a grab. But since the execution animation takes time, when an enemy dies, you try to combo its body somewhere safe enough to execute it, and if you whiff a combo hit and let the enemy fall, you can waste the bonus blood entirely.

It’s a cool as fuck system from both a game balance standpoint and a “the last fodder enemy is gonna get the full 12 inches of my stylish dick because there’s 90 seconds left on the clock and I got nothing to lose” victory lap standpoint.

datamine?

>Play with default scheme then. It's fine for Dante
Melee on square makes it way easier to JC for me. I've been doing it for awhile now in every DMC game.

>if you fags want lucia back just give her v's style then or add it to vergil since he has his sdt doppelganger.
That is a horrible idea. Lucia should play like a take on Dante's Trickster style, with emphasis on dodging, air dashes, and wall-running instead of Vergil's teleporting.

Metal Gear?

Unless you give her v's style she'll never be playable man, capcom doesn't care about 2 enough to acknowledge it in the games.

Idk man, they've already acknowledged 2 enough, EVEN in this very game. Hell, there was supplementary material even that featured Lucia. Come on, man.

Attached: 1530365136270.jpg (1024x187, 36K)

>legitimately brings something new to the cuhrayzee genre
He’s kind of just a watered down take on TW101, in terms of “managing the position of a bunch of loosely controlled AI puppets simultaneously”

>we actually did it and we're still going

Attached: 1563672444080m.jpg (837x1024, 82K)

>already acknowledged 2 enough
...where? they even skipped over it for their story video

Lucia was only mentioned in the novel and didn't even do anything.