AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GAMES

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GAMES
I love this console but that can't be all it has, can it? I don't want to play any more fucking racers, I want more variety. Where the fuck are the RPGs, fighters and 2D platformers? Where the hell are the good action games? What the fuck Yea Forums the N64 is NOT bad, I remember the library being so much better as a kid.

Attached: based64.jpg (1500x680, 72K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/x7ok5AV7ZrM
youtube.com/watch?v=ejQ8KivIoa8
youtube.com/watch?v=2QNN-64pPzU
youtu.be/Z_Z4tKrtO8U?t=224
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Windows-only_games
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

aged well and is better than the playstation

You are a fucking retard
All the best games are Japan exclusive or lesser known about, the 3d platformers and other popular games are shit comparatively

Absolute delusional

Like all Nintendo consoles it has a couple of great games but very few good games. Back with SNES and Megadrive the SNES had more great games but the Megadrive had far more good games. Same with N64 and PS1

That’s the authentic nintendo experience

Its a 3d console nerd.
One that actually handled it quite well compared to the playstation.

Shooters, racers, party games, fighters, platformers, Nintendos heavy hitters, Resident Evil and more.
Its gots tons to like and none of it is 2d.

Explore the japanese catalogue.
I love the Mega Drive, but I dunno... "good" is subjective, so maybe MD has better games according to you, but.... I dunno, Super Famicom has TOO many good games, might be the best library in any system, hard to compete with.

Attached: 6-1.jpg (450x600, 51K)

>All the best games are Japan exclusive
this is not the case unfortunately, there's like 7 japanese games worth playing until you get to densha de go.

MD/Genesis far outpaced the SFC in terms of library.

>MD/Genesis far outpaced the SFC in terms of library.
As I said, that's subjective. Maybe you're a huge Taoplan fan and so that'd make sense you'd think the MD library is better, since Nintendo didn't have Taoplan games iirc. But in general, SFC got TOO many games, far more than the MD, and of many household developers like Capcom, Konami, etc AND more niche developers like Human or Athena, to give some examples.
There's just too many, Super Famicom was mad popular in Japan and it shows.
It's really hard to make the argument that MD has a better library. Allow me to disagree.

Didn't they make Super Famicom games until 2000?

Possibly. I think the Satellaview service was shut down in 2001.

all nintendo consoles have been flops since snes

to be honest, video games as a whole have been a huge scam for consumers ever after 4th gen.

Many of those developers had far better outings on the Genesis over the SNES. Konami in particular. SNES games by and large had way too much slow down and musically was knee capped by file size limitations.

Quest 64
Clay Fighter 63 1/3
Mischief Makers
The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

>Quest 64
>Clay Fighter 63 1/3
utter fucking shit

>Many of those developers had far better outings on the Genesis over the SNES. Konami in particular.
Huh? Some of the best Konami series, like Goemon, weren't on MD.
>SNES games by and large had way too much slow down and musically was knee capped by file size limitations.
Ah, good ol' console war arguments.
MD also had slowdowns. And many SFC games were free of slowdowns. Many MD soundtracks sound great, while many others sound really jarring.
It was all up to the developers skills, not the systems themselves.
Anyway, I'll say I both both SFC and MD libraries a lot, I was never a console warrior and those 2 systems are possibly my most favorite of all. Both libraries are stellar. SFC just has more quantity than MD, but in terms of quality both are very equal.

Quest 64 was good retard

Doom 64

OP didn't state good RPGs or good fighters.
They asked for good action games and both Zelda are both good action games.

This nigga gets it

Attached: Doom64Chainsaw11D64ex.jpg (640x480, 48K)

>here is your N64 library bro

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 88K)

It's one of the worst games of the generation

>Huh?
rocket knight adventures, contra hard corps, castlevania bloodlines, all far better than the SNES outings.
>MD also had slowdowns. And many SFC games were free of slowdowns.
never as bad, never as frequent as it should have been.
>Many MD soundtracks sound great, while many others sound really jarring.
by and large, most SNES soundtracks are muffled and distinctly not video-gamey, Genesis is the opposite. A few stinkers for far better highs is far better than everything basically sounding the same.
>SFC just has more quantity than MD,
who cares when so much of it isn't worth playing?

who hasn't played every zelda game already

Saturn>N64>PS

Attached: eGttdWY1MTI=_o_mischief-maker3-les-3-guerriers.jpg (650x480, 84K)

this but N64 is clearly dead last.

N64 and SNES has better Bomberman games retards, kill yourselves

>rocket knight adventures, contra hard corps, castlevania bloodlines, all far better than the SNES outings.
Highly debatable and ultimately pointless. Point is, Konami's games on SFC are still stellar, and even has some big series like Goemon which isn't available on MD.
>never as bad, never as frequent as it should have been.
Eh, I dunno, Mega Man Wily Wars have some horrible slowdowns, far worse than any of the Mega Man on SFC. But again, this was up to the developers' skills. You could make games without slowdowns in both systems if you were skilled enough. Ultimately, slowdowns aren't always deal-breakers. Even Sonic has slowdowns.
>by and large, most SNES soundtracks are muffled and distinctly not video-gamey, Genesis is the opposite
More console war nonsense. Good developers could make good soundtracks for both systems. There's bad soundtracks in both systems too.
>who cares when so much of it isn't worth playing?
Subjective.
Anyway, console wars, they're lame. Go idort.

SM64
OOT
MM
Mischief Makers
Goemon’s great adventure
Mystical ninja starring Goemon
Goldeneye
Perfect dark
DK64
MK64
Pilotwings 64
Wave race 64
Smash
Aidyn chronicles
Turok games
Gauntlet legends
Castlevania
Pokémon stadium 1+2

kinda based BUT:
PS DOOM > Saturn DOOM
Saturn Rayman > PS Rayman

n64 doesnt have a single 2d game

Have sex.

playstation is really mediocre though. Mediocre 3D, mediocre 2D, all it had was FMVs.
N64 had the best 3D of the generation, while Saturn had the best 2D.

Yeah there's not a whole lot in terms of RPGs, Fighters, and 2D platformers on the N64. You had an N64 for 3D platformers, racing games, shooters, and party games.

nice list of shovelware

>mediocre 2d
You fucking HWAHT?

Some were already listed on this thread.

>picks 3d console
>"uuuh, where are my 2d rpg grindfests and 2d platformers?"
idiot. Go back to cookie clicker

Clay Fighter
Silicon Valley
Body Harvest
Glover

What more do you need from a console?

Compared to Saturn? Absolutely.

It's a good thing the library of worthwhile games is so short because the emulation will never be good.

user, do yourself a favor and actually play Mystical Ninja and Goemon's Great Adventure. You'll thank me later.

>console has no games
>list games for console
>those suck lol

Every fucking thread since the dawn of time

*Laughs in transparencies*
Oh hes serious

clayfighter has shitty sprite characters but the rest is pure 3d, mischief makers is the same deal, I'm talking about a fully sprite game like say Tales of Destiny, or Alundra

As I said, some were already posted. Bangai-O for example.
Mischief Makers is also like 98% 2D, only 3D objects are only in certain levels. SOTN also has some 3D objects here and there (like the coffin on the save room), same kind of deal.

Attached: Mischief1419838867501.gif (150x150, 58K)

*laughs in more animation frames and more background layers*
Yes, I am serious. Enjoy your FMV machine.

youtu.be/x7ok5AV7ZrM

what game is this?

>japan only game
I'm talking about games released in human countries, I'll allow mischief

Man I really need to modchip my Saturn, lots of good games I've still yet to play.

Bangai-O
ahahaa, ok user, you win, n64 has no gaems!

AHEM

youtube.com/watch?v=ejQ8KivIoa8

Lmao

Enjoy your racing, platformer, and wrestling games (with some shooters on the side)

>I'm talking about games released in human countries
what are some human countries? Most people on this board are from sub-human countries like globino land or allah u akbhar bognland.

>Bangai-O
oh that's disappointing.

>Enjoy your racing,
thanks user, I'll do. N64 has some of the best.

Attached: Beetle_Adventure_Racing_04.png (320x240, 116K)

2.5d chinkshit

canada or usa

It was released in the West too retard

Hello, leaf

el goblino del norte america land? hahaha

ok

N64 had some pretty revolutionary games but the hardware is pure shit. 20fps games with framedrops everywhere along with shitty blur on everything

Attached: 1552158058976.jpg (1231x1204, 179K)

>framedrops everywhere
One of the things about older games of sub-30 fps is that the framerate actually tends to be consistent, which is why these old games are still very playable (given you're playing on an actual CRT or SD display).
Modern games might have impressive 60fps... but with lots of dips, screen-tearing and stuff.

You don't have to be waging console wars to discuss the pros and cons of each platform. Get outta that mindset.

Saturn's 2D power is a bit overrated, although it's my favorite system of the generation it definitely wasn't as easy to get the same results from it as you could on the playstation. I'm in a Saturn dev channel and the tagline is:
Sega Saturn: For the masochist developer that appreciates unnecessarily complex hardware yielding little to no gain.

Death by 1,000 VDP1/VDP2 restrictions.

SS really stands for "Stockholm Syndrome".

That said, it says a lot that there's no homebrew scene for the n64, only a few tiny translation projects for the PS1, but entire engines and games being developed and ported to the Saturn from the ground up. Compare Powerslave Saturn to Doom 64 and it shows how far the gulf in ambition was between the two systems.
youtube.com/watch?v=2QNN-64pPzU

Attached: Nade_Jumps.webm (560x404, 2.97M)

>Mega Man WW slowdown
I think that's just on Minakuchi Engineering; they also had insane slowdown issues when they developed MM3-5 on Game Boy (I don't recall if Wily's Revenge prominently had this issue too or not).

Here's a rare oddity, if you overclock the Genesis' CPU or have an emulator with an overclock setting, it fixes 99 percent of the slowdown issue in WW without causing any bad effects.

>You don't have to be waging console wars to discuss the pros and cons of each platform. Get outta that mindset.
But the arguments presented are Console Wars 1001.
"muh snes has slowdowns", "muh genesis has shit colors", "muh snes has muffled sound", "muh genesis has robot farts".
All bullshit arguments when both systems have great games without slowdowns, great graphics and great sound. The rest is subjectivities and nitpicking.

The problem is SNES has great games that are crippled by slowdowns. Quit ushering away all criticism with a vague gripe and saying "lets all just get along, no point in talking about nuances!" that's acting like a child.

>I'm in a Saturn dev channel
woah, what Saturn developers are in that channel? The AM2 guys?

no, hobbyists.

>playing roms
retarded zoomer

But I'm not saying that we should all get along. We can discuss developers that couldn't exploit the systems to the fullest, given that there are SNES games without slowdown. As there are Genesis games with great use of color palettes.
Acting like a child is taking decades old American marketing catchphrases and thinking they actually matter.

ah, I pass.

>saying "lets all just get along, no point in talking about nuances!" that's acting like a child.
the fuck? children love to argue. "lets all just get along" is what adults say when children become unbareable when they fight over which toy is better.

Oh, so this was a retarded segautist trying to stir up shit again?
Sorry fag, your shitty company lost
There's a reason why the N64 & PS1 are fondly remembered and always on the top 10 of best consoles of all time while the saturn is nowhere to be found.

Attached: 354deaa3770912621bb816da070346ab.jpg (258x245, 12K)

Yoshi Story

and still better than everything Sega released

They're doing things far more impressive than basically any other dev did on the system, such as 60fps 3d platforming. youtu.be/Z_Z4tKrtO8U?t=224

imagine trying this hard to deny things are different.

thanks for the response

>the Saturn was such a failure that even the fucking Dreamcast is more recognized and fondly remembered despite selling less

Attached: 1485657737021.png (562x437, 274K)

i'm not trying to deny anything, I just think it's funny someone thinks that arguing toys is adult stuff.

PC had better games than all 3 combined

>AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA WHERE THE FUCK ARE THE GAMES
the games are all here.

Attached: playstation_one_sony.jpg (800x600, 48K)

>shovelware
says the snoyboy

N64 has about a dozen good games and you've already played all of them.

Ask anyone to name the killer titles and you are absolutely going to get the same answers over and over with the odd contrarian or weeb saying shit like Tactics Ogre or something.

Yeah, having discussion is "adult stuff."

now that's a good joke

>Tfw you could buy 3 PS1 games for the price of a single N64 game

Attached: 1561810714216.png (757x568, 409K)

Here's a fun fact, Squaresoft released more games on the PS1 than the N64 had worth playing.

Cope

Attached: 1549517036729m.jpg (1024x903, 388K)

>2D platformers
Kirby 64
Yoshi Story
Mischief Makers

off the top of my head

>he saves thumbnails
>it's basically all shit games
Imagine having 40 years of a platform's history and this is all you can show for it:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Windows-only_games

You are just proving my point with that list. Consoleshitters are funny

>I love this console but that can't be all it has, can it?
Nope, that is it

Attached: 1561067890232.png (683x490, 19K)

What point? That the PC library is fucking pathetic and without console ports all it has is bad knock offs made by chinese-tier (now owned by chinese) devs? Please, there's a reason it's a dead platform and it's not because it was unfairly neglected.

They’re all on PS1 and Saturn

I'd tell you to go ask in /vr/ but they have very low tolerance for retards like you so a thread like this would be deleted really fast

Attached: boomer.jpg (633x640, 51K)

play mortal kombat 4.

sony always wins baby

This, going through a set of PS1 games that has over 7000 ISOs, just below 3TB and it's still not all the games.

Why does the ps2 has fewer games than the ps1 despite selling more?

>Fighters

And it was just as good as Tekken or Virtua Fighter.

Attached: Fighters_destiny_box.jpg (521x363, 91K)

PS1 was easier to make games for

90% of the PS1's library was garbage shovelware.

>Where the fuck are the fighters
Fuck off, N64 had the best fighting game ever made

Attached: ki2-tusk-750.png (750x400, 446K)

>230 good games
Nice

What's the matter trainer?

Attached: 1529437949087.jpg (1281x853, 94K)

>Where the fuck are the RPGs, fighters and 2D platformers?
All shit genres

Goldeneye
Mario 64
OoT
Majoras Mask

These 4 games are all you need.

Only the PS1 has had as many fantastic games released for its platform.

I beat them 20 years ago and I want something more.

Play a newer release then for a different platform.

zoom zoom zoom.
sour grapes because the nogaems 64 didn't have them.

Man this game hasn't aged well.

the 64 is the only console that really aged like milk. Everything else is fine wine.

>sour grapes because the nogaems 64 didn't have them.
Or they just suck and I haven't played that genre since they peaked in the 4th gen

>the 64 is the only console that really aged like milk
Nah

I'd argue the PS1 too. I tried replaying Tenchu and holy shit were the controls way more awful than I remembered.

I want an N64 for an Everdrive because N64 emulation is still pretty shit. Is it worth the price?

>Pokemon Puzzle League doesn't exist

There might be an odd game here and there, but nothing on the N64 feels as seamless as ghost in the shell.

I love that the N64 has so many racing games.

I mean really, think hard about the n64 because the library is really, really pathetic. Emulation is awful for so many better consoles, let alone awful in general.

Contra 3 and Super Castlevania 4 are better. Hard Corps gave you a lot of choices, but ultimately the level design and bosses weren't as good as their SNES counterparts. Bloodlines was pretty good, and again, having choices is nice, but ultimately the 8 directional whip just feels better. Rocket Knight was definitely better on Genesis though. I'll give you that.

Genesis is good for what it does, providing a decent array of shmups and action games. SNES's strength is its RPGs and platformers. It isn't to say neither of the two don't have good games from all of these genres, but they both serve two of these genres better than the other.

Nintendo consoles are weird in that their best is usually better than the competitions best, but the competition has way stronger overall libraries.

Genesis I’d say favors beat em ups too

Doesn't beat em up sort of fall into the same category as action?

>Contra 3 and Super Castlevania 4 are better.
lol no
> ultimately the level design and bosses weren't as good as their SNES counterparts
they were, imagine defending the god awful top down stages of contra 3.
>ultimately the 8 directional whip just feels better.
successfully trivialized the game, made sub weapons useless, and lacked any sort of innovation.

>2600
>NES-SMS
>SNES-Gen-TG16
>PS1-Saturn-N64
>GC-PS2-Xbox-DC
>PS3-Wii-360
>PS4-Switch/Wii U-XONE

Prove me wrong

>GC over PS2
>PS3 over anything
>PS4 over anything

NES > SMS > 7800
SNES > MD > PCE
PS1 > SS > N64 > 3DO > J
PS2 > XB > GC > DC
PS3 > X3RL > Wii
PS4 > XONE > Wii U

The PS2 had very few great games, the Wii has too much shovelware and the PS3 has better exclusives than the 360. The PS4 still currently has a better library than Switch and Wii U combined

>lol no
yes
>they were, imagine defending the god awful top down stages of contra 3.
There wasn't anything wrong with the first top down stage, aside from those broken streets. The second one I'll give you. But it's one level out of several other stellar ones.
>successfully trivialized the game, made sub weapons useless, and lacked any sort of innovation
Not entirely useless. Axes could still be useful in some situations like in stage 4 where you need to traverse that lower left had section without taking damage. Also, cross did a shitton more damage than the whip. Also didn't trivialize it because there were still enemies that were well above you, which the 8 directional whip was basically designed for.

I have a feeling you played through maybe the first few stages and quit. Because by the time you get to the 5th one shit gets real. Hell the 8 directional whip was practically designed for Dracula, you can't beat him without mastery of it.

PS1 should be last
PS2 should be last
Xbox should be 1st
Gamecube should be 3rd
PS3 should be last
Xbone should be 2nd

The hell are you smoking with those terrible recs.

>coleco > vectrex > VCS
>Genesis > PCE > SNES
>PS1 > Saturn > N64 > PCFX
>PS2 > Xbox = Dreamcast > GC
>Wii > PS3 > X360
>PS4 > Wii U > Boner
PC is worse than all

I beat SuperCV4 earlier this year. It is very easy, a game that's hard not to beat even. It drags pretty hard. Easily the worst 16-bit CV game.

>The PS4 still currently has a better library than Switch and Wii U combined
It has better and more multiplats than Wii U, but there isn't much to speak of in regards to exclusives. As far as Switch goes, it shares a great deal of its library with it. A few good ones like Persona 5 and Bloodborne or present, but PS3 is far superior to PS4. That console had more in the way of games. Ultimately. I mean it took many fucking years, but it got a great library by the end of its lifespan

Trashtendo systems are always overrated through massive nostalgia. PSX did everything better in every genre.

The PS4 has a lot of very good exclusives. The WiiU has exclusives but man, they were awful.

The first few stages are easy. Almost everything post-5 is challenging. Treasure room and maybe the library were the only easy ones. The one with the blood everywhere, the spinning blade that chases you all the way to the top, the clock tower. Unless you're some sort of Castlevania God you should have had at least some difficulty with some stages. I'd say it's one of the top few Castlevanias. Obviously not better than Castlevania 1, but not many games are. Still a great addition to the franchise.

Its biggest flaws were mostly aesthetics and music. The spooky vibe is gone.

The N64 was overrated as fuck. Super Nintendo was better. GameCube was better.

What are you talking about? 3D World, Super Mario Maker, Mario Kart 8, Bayonetta 2, Xenoblade X, The Wonderful 101, Tropical Freeze, all great. Even NSMBU wasn't bad, albeit a bit stale.

I found it to be a very middle of the road entry. Just one peg above Dracula X.

The PS1 aged like fucking milk, user.

Middle of the road yes, I will say that. It's not one of the harder Castlevanias. Bloodlines is definitely harder with its limited continue system and what not.

If you don't at least think the SNES was spectacular, then you're blinded by fanboyism. That shit had just about everything you could ever want.

IV, RoB and Bloodlines are all 10/10 games imo, so much better than the clunky ass NES CVs

Attached: 1559865380703.jpg (1934x768, 218K)

I'm going to be the contrarian here and say that Castlevania 3 is not as good as everyone makes it out to be. It doesn't even give you a checkpoint right before Dracula. How anyone can enjoy such a frustrating game is beyond me, even with its character selection and what not.

I went back and played Castlevania 1 this year and mastered it. I used to not like it, due to the fact that it's so rigid in its design, but I feel like it's a well crafted game once you've gotten the hang of it. Everything feels so tight. The levels feel just long and hard enough that they don't overstay their welcome.

3's levels are way too long for their own good, with terrible checkpoints. Also, I think it goes without saying that 2 is forgettable.

>PS3
>Winner

Attached: 1505318607943.jpg (552x504, 35K)

*sound of Marina dashing up a hill absorbing skiing Clancers with a Clanpot*

I would kill for a current gen Buck Bumble

Quest 64 was fun but it was absolutely ass

Sometimes "shit" hardware is actually a compromise for stability. Plus the N was more powerful in real time rendering than the PS1.

Japanese 3 is much better, they made the US version way harder than it should be.

PS3 got crushed by both the 360 and wii

PS3 actually outsold the 360

ps3 had more games worth playing too, which is the most important fact.

The 360 stopped getting games around 2011 while it was losing a lot of Japanese support and it became just a multiplatform console.