It didn't deserve to die. The gameplay was fucking amazing

It didn't deserve to die. The gameplay was fucking amazing.

Attached: mvcinfinite-character-select-screen-dec2017.png (1920x1080, 2.45M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=E0B4kyZfezY
youtube.com/watch?v=iP1XlPXMwVY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Yes.
It deserves to die.
Good gameplay literally isn't enough. Every Japanese fighting game has good gameplay these days. You need to make a quality product all around if you're going to charge full retail for it.

>Every Japanese fighting game has good gameplay these days.

lmfao

What's bad? Even SFV isn't terrible.

It had shit everything, and for a crossover game you kinda need the everything else too.

Its the last time we'll see a proper Frank West....

>gameplay was amazing
Tired of this shit meme
The gameplay was noting special

The artstyle is strange and the roster is lacking for a franchise that's a marriage of two companies known for having hundreds of characters on standby.

wait, marvel had one more character than capcom?

It absolutely deserved to die, and not just for the awful visuals/music/story.
>Gameplay is enjoyable but has serious system issues that were only somewhat addressed with the Reality nerfs; Active Tag being free during supers on block railroaded the meta too much in one direction, while the Counter Tag cost 2 bars while not being remotely scary for the comboing player unless they just mindlessly continue beyond 2-3 more hits
>On release Dante/Dormammu/Ultron were busted, although balance was good after patches
>Even after Reality nerfs the Stones were horribly unbalanced relative to each other; Soul was shit except for the revive, some characters were actually completely unaffected by Shame Cube, Power was just a free hitconfirm tool, and Mind is pure garbage
>Clearly reuse assets from Marvel 3, but have a smaller starting roster than Vanilla Marvel 3 which had to make all its models/animations from scratch
>X's moveset just plain sucks, I wanted to mention that. He should be the one with a hold-button Buster, not Zero.
>Other characters got fucked, like Chris needing to reload, Ryu losing all the cool shit UMvC3 gave him, the shit they did to Spencer, etc. (although stuff like Chun's flying kick super and Haggar throwing barrels was neat)
>Worst voice direction I've ever heard in a big publisher game, because the voice cast itself is all proven to be good.
>DLC includes three characters that are in the story mode and is lopsided 2C/4M; this DLC also includes 5 newcomers and a redesigned veteran that wasn't in 3, which could have really helped the game's PR if they were base game
>No World Tour, just a gimmicky sideshow with horrible management and awful real-world Stone abilities that everybody laughed at and caused pros to quit the game immediately
>Clear plans for later DLC (such as Lady due to Dante mysteriously losing all Kalina Ann moves) scrapped, showing that Capcom and/or Marvel just abandoned it ASAP
That said, Sigma & Jedah were fun as fuck.

Attached: 1497930770702.jpg (181x280, 23K)

Gameplay is probably the least important factor in what makes a commercially successful fighting game.

MvC1-3 had way worse problems (outside music and graphics of course) but were excused all the time.

Name some
>inb4 muh Storm and Magneto with Rocket Punch
MvCI was just Ultron and Rose Garden man with Reality gem for a good while

don't fucking say that.

You want to get into that. Sure.
MvC1:
>Small roster
>Horribly unbalanced both mechanically and in its roster
>Assists were even more unbalanced and had a convoluted way to select them if you didn't want to RNG it
>Secret characters except Roll are all palette swaps which don't even correspond to real characters (at least MSHvsSF, the worst Vs game, called its recolors real shit like Armored Spider & Mephisto)
>Despite this, the game does feel good to play, has a lot of variety in its small roster, and has some of the best visuals/music to come out of that era of Capcom; it is a game that feels like a celebration of two companies in a VERY specific moment in time and has its place in the Vs series; it's better than the two games that preceded it and I'd say as a whole it's on par with CotA & Infinite (even if those two shit on it gameplay-wise)

Not terrible doesn't mean good, SFV, SamSho and DBFZ all have subpar gameplay.

Why did they make it 2v2 I don't get it

Some shit about making it feel more like the games before MvC2, more than likely they needed to factor the stones in and opted to slim down the teams to add, no joke intended, functions that were the stones.

I remember hearing they actually considered 4v4 at some point.

What a pitiful roster.

This game was one giant patch away from being great, hope they make an ultimate version in the future

You only like it because it was easy
It deserved to die

>Pretend only 8 of the roster being picked across the board is a good thing
Good argument against yourself I guess.
But
- Extremely unbalanced with absolutely lazy design choices across the board. MSS, are laid out as innate characters while everyone from SF can't compete due to the way smaller and grounded normals and chains.
- Infinites out the ass everywhere, including carry partner to death.
- Stages as fun as they are have literally no correlation with each other, the story, or the characters.
- Characters shouldn't have assist variations in general as the vast majority of them are worthless outside one.
- Characters that had vital normals are stripped of them
- The SonSon crash
- Anyone not connected to X-Men might as well not exist in competition.
- Cable's sole benefit being his VB. The rest of his kit is pretty offset.
- Felicia is god awful and actually worse than her VS version.
- Two Wolverines
- Ryu/Ken/Akuma split just makes them all medciore.
- People give BBTag shit but NONE of the spirtes in there are redrawn to fit, making Morrigan infamously outdated.

MvC2:
>Sprite dump game (but not as much as MSHvsSF which featured zero new sprites; Marvel 2 has like 8 brand new characters at least)
>Ends up feeling like X-Men vs SF & Darkstalkers when you look at the full roster
>Rushed to all fuck, leading to generic stages rather than 1's Capcom/Marvel-inspired locations, which use simple CG instead of colorful sprite work for the most part, as well as a final boss that's based on nothing
>Only game in the series without character themes; the jazz is good but it doesn't fit the game or series at all and makes me long for a game with character themes that had that level of quality instrumentation
>Roster unbalance is legendary; barely a dozen of the 56 characters are viable in competitive play, leading the game to have more Low Tier tournaments than any other
>Rushedness also lead to various small bugs, like Ken's tatsu not being scaled in midair for some reason or the infinite Cytorak Juggernaut glitch or Thanos just having busted frame data that gives him an easy infinite despite being Bottom 10
>Despite it all, Marvel 2 is a game with simple but innovative system mechanics that combined the 2v2 Tag mechanics of Vs and the 3v3 dynamic that SNK had been using for years, having a pace that invented a sub-genre of game in-between Capcom fighters & anime games
>The scene for Marvel 2 lasted for a decade on their own with no support from Capcom whatsoever due to them just plain being unable to do anything with the license until Marvel 3; despite its bugs and unbalance, the game was explored to its core and there's a rich history of rivalries and minute meta shifts that changed the game during its lifetime, which bowed out to Marvel 3 outside of the handful of OGs that prefer it despite its flaws
Granted I think MvC2 is a mediocre game overall and everything listed in is legit but the point is that the series was never as fucked as Infinite was (don't forget Infinite had its share of fucked up bugs)

Attached: 1562445285424.jpg (675x1200, 157K)

>but not as much as MSHvsSF which featured zero new sprites
Japan had his guy, at least.

Attached: norimaro-mshvssf-2.gif (318x400, 34K)

It's because in 2 and 3, characters were included in teams because their assists were good, and pairs of two characters just had better synergy so team composition was solved early on.

MvCI balance works because pretty much any character can be combined with one another and be viable. No one has to tack in a character they don't care for to stay relevant.

DBFZ sidestepped the team composition problem by making the game homogenous and only one assist per character so it's overall easier to analyze and patch.

Even disregarding the graphics (which were awful) and the music (which was terrible) the roster was still disappointing. The new additions in no way justified cutting over 50% of the roster.

The best VS game.

Attached: tatsunoko_capcom_feature.jpg (1920x1080, 801K)

>Gameplay was amazing
ye fuck you.

gameplay doesn't sell on its own

>Those character models
It looks like when a movie can't get a certain actor so they use his brother. They all fucking look like that.

Marvel 3
>I'll outright say that if Vanilla was all we had to go off of, it would be much worse; Vanilla 3 was fucked beyond belief between DHC Glitch, Haggar/Tron spam, Best Friends, Dark Phoenix at her absolute worst, and the looming threat that TAC Infinites would've been found still
>Ultimate fixed most of those issues, added 12 characters that were for the most part real additions to the meta, overhauled the Vanilla cast with buffs, nerfs, and new moves/mechanics entirely, and gave the game much better UI
>X-Factor wasn't that balanced; 2 of the Top 5 wouldn't be as big of a problem if it was toned down or removed (Phoenix & Vergil)
>TAC Infinites existed, and for characters like Dante & Ammy they were simple, while in general they could guarantee a kill, build you 5 bars, stall for time, and put the fear in a player defending against a TAC, getting hit with one that doesn't lead to an Infinite for fear of receiving one and getting their character killed or their meter sapped instead
>This is really where UMvC3's issues end
>Team-building in the game is so open-ended that as long as you have synergy you'll have a viable team; the only character that is outright unplayable/worse than any other is Iron Fist, and if you're the better player than your opponent he's still able to do work
>Character themes AND stage themes despite having 50 characters & like 16 stages
>Most side content despite no Story mode, via Arcade endings, Galactus Mode, Heroes & Heralds, etc.
>Heavily cel-shaded style and comic book effects, fantastic voice casting/direction, great writing on the pre/post-fight quotes

Had a brainfart and thought he was in X-Men vs SF. Still, he's a JP-exclusive joke character and the only new sprite work.

Attached: UMvC3 1.jpg (849x1200, 218K)

>the game that forever cemented nu/v/'s belief of graphics > gameplay

2017 was wild

>The gameplay was fucking amazing

Attached: 1556019485914.jpg (480x360, 27K)

If a game literally hurts to look at, no gameplay mechanics can save it. Also Bloodstained is GOTY

3 beats Infinite in graphics and gameplay, as well as sound, content, and roster size/selection. Infinite's ONLY one-up on 3 is better online netcode.

it did deserve to die because gameplay isnt the only thing you get when you spend $100 for a game with season pass

Oh, and most of the new additions weren't even in the base game.

fucking THIS.
Am still crying because no Megaman, but 3 was SF IV level of good.

It deserve to die because it was barebones minimom.
When the game try to sell you half of the final bosses of the game, it is a fraud.

i always played the lost planet robot

Man, bro, what's it like being wrong?

KOF says hi. That game looked even worse and got bashed far harder with less shilling but it had actual great gameplay and lived. MVCI's gameplay is overrated, had broken tag in jank, and couldn't carry it.

Just looking at that roster makes me want to fucking die, fucking black widow and winter soldier...
Bionic commando dude, fucking Firebrand, raccoon, captain marvel, haggar...

Marvel 3 worth getting into still?

>REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE REALITY STONE
>good gameplay

Mvci apologists are delusional as usual

Should've had a better roster and not sale a boss as DLC

They literally don't. It's all very well polished. Just because it doesn't play the way you want it to doesn't make it bad.

Only 6 out of the 36 characters are female, and half of them even look decent.

>SamSho
>subpar
t. Faggot with a low attention span. This might blow your mind but neutral lasting more then two seconds isn't bad.

Attached: Johnson.jpg (400x303, 36K)

It’s gameplay was shit compared to the previous entries

Not sure how the PS4/PC playerbase is and I'm sure people still playing are amazing at it, but if you're willing to learn a nearly decade-old that doesn't have the bonus of being on fightcade or have a local scene willing to play it then yes, it's absolutely great.

The visuals, music, and voicing are charming, which helps keep you interested as you learn, and the team-building meta is the best in the genre, period. With creativity and a couple hours lab time you can build a team unique to you and your playstyle that syenrgizes well and has unique combos, mixups, incoming, etc. Tiers matter less than matchups, character knowledge, and synergy. Synergy is king. Just get ready to guess on mixups sometimes when dealing with certain assists, triangle jump characters, and X-Factor.

Attached: UMvC3 2.png (707x1000, 1.12M)

>Capcom
>diverse cast of amazing characters, from bioweapon mutants to timebending demon slayers
>mahvel
>capeshit, capeshit, capeshit, capeshit, capeshit
if you played marvel kill yourself

It took till this game for Onimusha to get some love.

Attached: 1451450280048.png (613x584, 470K)

it literally took only a couple of patches for top 8s to be diverse and free of controversial shit. DBFZ is fucking chaos.

So you're still saying MvC has a great cast?

>Every Japanese fighting game has good gameplay these days
LMAO

the second batch of dlc was supposed to fix that by having an extra capcom character

The Stone Powers were good but i really dislike the Comeback mechanics in Stone activaton

youtube.com/watch?v=E0B4kyZfezY

>tfw no more of these ever again

There's a difference between graphical quality and artstyle. The game has ugly ass character models and the realistic gritty style does not fit well with the very anime characters.

MVC3's cell-shaded comic book look fit perfectly with the entire concept of the series.

These were all really good. I do wish we got a small movie in their style; not a story mode, but just more of a short film, kinda like how Xrd does its story but smaller scale. The voice casting and writing was there to make it great too.

I also loved the Ultimate intro with the still frames of the fights as the camera moved. Those had some insanely good shots.

I haven't seen these besides the first since they came out, Jesus.
>Cap tanking an entire chopper crashing
>Trish sliding in on her motorcycle and firing at DOOM
>Joe riding Ammy as she runs up Skrull's arm that Tron is holding still
>Magneto throwing Laura, Arthur, & MODOK around because magnets
>Hulk & Chris becoming bros to fuck up Wesker
>That entire sequence of Spidey slinging
>She-Hulk in general
>Haggar & Felicia trying to put out a fire
>Thor vs Dormammu
>The music when Phoenix shows up
>Wolverine grabbing Ryu's hand
Never been a game like Marvel 3 and there never will be again. I fucking miss it.

Attached: 1437349456555.gif (393x235, 1.64M)

>first scene with Ryu in is the same as the last scene of the last opening
Better storytelling than the entirety of Infinite

youtube.com/watch?v=iP1XlPXMwVY

"I was part of a research mission, studying anomalies caused by the convergence of the two universes" - Ryu, 2017

>Crossover fighting game
>except it poorly represents both franchises
>also chose to release it around Thor Ragnarok instead of IW

Attached: 1544208228753.png (512x512, 181K)

off you go cap cuck go ask those sniffers if they want to play with you. Everyone else agrees the game deserved to die

MVC3 was kino because it's the last game where they were allowed to treat Marvel as a comic book company and put their own spin on it rather than a multimedia juggernaut that controls the world.

Why didn't Capcom try to butt heads with the mouse for access to the muties like Nintendo did?

Attached: 67588949_p0.jpg (1000x1278, 414K)

>Clearly reuse assets from Marvel 3, but have a smaller starting roster than Vanilla Marvel 3
literally true for most fighting games this gen
DoA6, SC6, T7 were allthe same, majority of the game is reused assets and still smaller than the previous game, yet it was only mvci that people shittalked for this

same with balance. MvCI was actually a surprisingly well balanced game (especially for marvel) and majority of it's balance issues were really quickly fixed, yet it got 10 times more shittalking for every balance issue it had than near broken games like dbfz

people like to pretend that they aren't led by shallow hatred because of the graphics, but that's really the only reason MvCI got the insane amount of shittalk while other fighters hardly got anything for the same issues (game having less charactersr than the prequel, balance issues, dlc practices, etc.)

it's only free of controversy because no one plays this game

Yeah but those games had Wolverine in it

>Capcom expected to sell 2 million copies
>still manages to sell 1 million despite all complaints

Infinite defenders aren't Capcom dicksuckers, the game was a shit representation of Capcom. Even the people who were clearly all-but-confirmed shills for the game like FChamp just kind of dropped it.

>They literally don't
They literally do. SFV has variable input lag for fucks sake

>DoA6
Also not a good game. Never been a fan of DoA and 6 didn't feel like a significant improvement; the free version even had my main in it and I still didn't care after trying it.
>SC6
SCV underperformed due to pulling a Third Strike. SCVI needed to bring back as many of the classics as possible to bring people back, and even then they changed around a lot more than Infinite did with its veterans.
>T7
Probably your best point, but it still included more newcomers than Infinite and was a clear step forward visually instead of 3 steps back.

>balance
You're correct. My main point about the balance was that at launch it turned some people off because of how clearly Dante, Dormammu, & Ultron were able to run amok. Post-patch the roster is pretty balanced (IIRC the Combo Breaker Grand Finals was Venom/Bucky vs Bucky/Chun), but the systems weren't, even after they dealt with Reality Stone. Active Tag is a fantastic idea with poor execution beyond its use as a combo extender and custom assist creator; I wish a game that got more polish gave it a try. Also, Marvel 3 was also a very balanced game by Ultimate; character variety in Major Top 8s was off the charts for a game in its style and team-building/skills made up for tiers 9 times out of 10.

I actually enjoyed my 2 months with Infinite to an extent, mostly because the characters not ripped from 3 were generally pretty fun. Sigma is my favorite character to play as in the entire series. It's just nonsense to say that Infinite as a whole, with every factor taken into account, died for no reason and didn't kind of bring it onto itself. I didn't even get into how horrible Capcom's attempts at PR were for the game.

Attached: 1563057586211.jpg (640x480, 26K)

>Team-building in the game is so open-ended that as long as you have synergy you'll have a viable team; the only character that is outright unplayable/worse than any other is Iron Fist, and if you're the better player than your opponent he's still able to do work
Smashfag argument of "BUT HE HAS POTENTIAL" Nothing compared to just rocking Zero May Cry and forcing your opponent to eat mixup after mixup until you can convert into your TOD. By the time they wear you down to Vergil you can kill them in 10 hits total. Or you could just play a Doom/Vergil shell and roll over all but the stickiest characters with two of the best assists and most independent characters in the game. There were plenty of character specialists, sure, but the meta wasn't nearly as diverse as you think at the top end. At Evo 2017 top 8, half of the teams had Vergil as an anchor and three others had Phoenix. The only one that didn't (Paradigm's team) was one of the SIX teams that ran Dr. Doom. Doom, by the way, was on over half of all teams in top 32 at that tournament.

I love MvC3, but it's crazy how rose-tinted peoples view are of the game's balance is now that MvCI has come and gone. It's like you people just forgot about Chris G timing people out with Morridoom and how many games were won by XF3 Vergil/Phoenix by themselves.

Yea Forums once again proves they don't know anything past surface level from looking at twitch streamers and overhearing shit posted here overheard from redditors because they don't actually play games

It's marvel versus capcom? is it even alive? i can try it with game pass on pc

>is it even alive?
What does it matter? Try it and see if you like it.

MvC fans also threw bitchfits about Mega Man, Gambit, Venom, etc when 3 was coming out so they figured they could get away with no X-Men.

They just bet wrong.

You're probably right. I have so many fond memories of 3 (playing it, labbing it, watching it) that I'm probably shifting the frequency of events in my head.

I don't think the balance is perfect, for the record, and I don't think any combination of characters will make a good team. I do think that there was enough variety to be able to build a team around almost any character, given you're willing to pick characters that specifically help out what they do no matter who they are, or run any solid shell if you pick a top-tier assist to back them up. I feel like EVO 2017 is also an example of this, for better or worse; Chun is considered Bottom 5 but she won that EVO, albeit with Morrigan & Phoenix. She's still an important part of that team and is the point for a reason in the gameplan.

I've gone through how I would patch UMvC3 too many times to count. I've settled on having X-Factor only scale in terms of duration but remain at Lv.1 in terms of boosts at all times, tweaking TAC physics to remove infinites, removing meter building during Darkness Illusion, and doing something to Zero's Buster, as well as maybe toning down Magneto a little and buffing the bottom ~8 just so they're closer to the large Mid Tier. The specifics I haven't gotten into, besides maybe removing some fucky setups like the inescapable X-23 team-wipe if she gets a good hitconfirm with enough meter.

Attached: UMvC3 3.jpg (2400x3394, 3.91M)

Disney touched, Disney killed.

i like mvci gameplay the most out of all mvcs
id say capcom gave up too soon. at least one dlc pack would be great. it's also the best game to watch on pro level.
too bad tho, it killed marvel for a good number of years. hope they pull something soon like capcom allstars, cvs or some other partership.

Fighting faggots are the worst kind of buy-fags that promote bad business practices.
Prove me wrong.

You fucking can't. Quit buying these shitty rehashed fighting games anons.

Goichi Suda is releasing a No More Heroes Fighting game with all the previous Assassins available as playable. All Assassins from Killer 7, Killer is Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, No More Heroes 1, No more Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle, and a few characters from Travis Strikes Back.
Its not being sprited by Aksys/SNK/CAPCOM/BANDAI but the company is well respected in making fighting titles of yesteryear.

Attached: Insert art here.png (349x400, 94K)

i fucking hate sudafaggots coming in threads shilling their shitty meme games, TSA is one of the most boring fucking games i have ever played

So were all the fighting games released in the past 10 years. So what of it dickbutt?

Attached: Aaron Webber violated Twitter.jpg (589x498, 40K)

>Goichi Suda is releasing a No More Heroes Fighting game with all the previous Assassins available as playable. All Assassins from Killer 7, Killer is Dead, Lollipop Chainsaw, Shadows of the Damned, No More Heroes 1, No more Heroes 2 Desperate Struggle, and a few characters from Travis Strikes Back.
>Its not being sprited by Aksys/SNK/CAPCOM/BANDAI but the company is well respected in making fighting titles of yesteryear.
You have a source for this shit? Because I'm all for that. Mask De Smith main 100%

Attached: Big_MASK.jpg (730x592, 96K)

>Nomura told Disney to fuck off if he couldn't add Toy Story in KH3
>Nintendo told Disney to fuck off if they couldn't add X-Men in MUA3
>Capcom just folded

guess they aren't big enough?

UMvC:I that adds in the mutants and FF when? Now that UA3 has them it shouldn't be a problem

I work as a interpreter for Grasshopper Studio Games on the western division. One of the people that sent their emails to Suda and Suda passed the idea along that it is possible for it to happen given the demand for it. Once there is a sizeable demand he will start the development into it. Hoping for a 2021 Summer/Fall Release.

Attached: aiportraits_1563530189.jpg (512x512, 21K)

That’s all I really want. A rerelease that fixes the ugly models and graphics, music, and voice acting. That’s it.

Stop shilling this mediocre at best game Max. It's long dead.

So everything should be changed? Might wait 5 years for a reboot

More like they're fags
Capcom's willing to bend over backwards as long as you're willing to ignore the pool of saliva that forms when they're thinking of future partnerships/cost-saving measures they can fleece you with

>it had good gameplay
>combos always do 6k at max without dropping extra meter
>game was 90% oki
Dante was fun though. Wish he had a style mechanic that rewarded you for doing creative combos instead of bnb > oki like the rest of the cast.

Capcom had Psylocke in 2 as well. Shame...

when you make a fan service game you should make sure to have fan service in it

>inb4 yeah it needed the xmen
no it needed to have comic accurate costumes and locations, the story was about capcom and marvel colliding there was no point wasting time redesigning costumes

>Bionic commando dude
Only bad because it’s not the classic design
>fucking Firebrand
Demon’s Crest is amazing you fucking zoomer
>haggar
Oh fuck off especially if you wanted boring shit like zangief instead

You faggots bitch and moan that they’re going for obvious picks instead of exciting and obscure ones and then throw bitchfits when they’re too obscure for you

> Drone! Drone! Drone!

MvC3>XvsSF>TvsC>MvC2>MvsSF>MvC>MSH>MvCI>CotA

Prove me wrong

Attached: d590dex-bdfbe97f-9ef3-44d4-a268-09f8644410f0.png (800x600, 192K)

JEEAAAANNNN!

I'm just sick of the MCU influencing every other form of media. The lack of non MCU characters in this game hurts and I'm sick of the Infinity Stones. Ultimate Alliance 3 unfortunately has them again but some of the character designs and inclusion of other characters is a step in the right direction.

>Ultimate Alliance 3 unfortunately has them again
Most of those "MCU" characters were already in the previous games, the only blatant movie influenced additions I can think of are the GotG (and both Miles and Gwen even though Spiderverse is something else entirely).

Sorry, I worded that poorly. I meant they unfortunately had the Infinity Stones again. Honestly, the GotG seem more akin to their comic counterparts than the MCU and Miles, Gwen and Kamala seem like a treat in this game. Characters like Cap and Iron Man and Nick Fury are definitely drawing from their MCU counterparts.

Just like how Gamora was clearly in her MCU outfit oh wait :v

You played yourself ya damn foo'

Don't get me wrong, RyanLV's team is proof positive that people hadn't quite solved MvC3 entirely despite the dominance of some characters. And I think in our boredom we've all hatched our own make-believe balance patch for the game to fix it forever. I'm just saying it wasn't a utopia for emergent strategies and team compositions as some people choose to remember it because they're desensitized to the words "DARK PHOENIX" and "HIDDEN MISSILES" and "MOTIVATED"

lmao, more broken than fucking mvc3

>The gameplay was fucking amazing.

It really wasn't.

And more fun too.

>story
>in a fighting game

Attached: 1558373551380.gif (331x197, 1.87M)

>Capdrones

it really wasnt and i dont know why this meme caught on
the combo system was gutted compared to 3 - which had far more room for creative expression
the constant tag out of danger made it so that applying pressure and oki was far more difficult than in 2/3 and the roster was tiny with huge imbalances (Dormmamu, Dante, Spiderman loop etc)

MvCI stands as a prime example that yes, graphics do matter

Attached: tenor.gif (480x270, 2.48M)

>the only character that is outright unplayable/worse than any other is Iron Fist
>Marvel's one dedicated marital artist
>unplayable
How

In a game all about aerial mobility Iron fist stands as the only character who has to do everything on the ground

pretty sure the shit roster did more damage than the graphics. how the fuck do you cut Wolverine out of MvC? He's been in every single game in the franchise, in some games he's in twice.

I wish team games would do custom assists like skullgirls

Yes, it deserved to die. No, the gameplay was terrible.
Regarding the gameplay, the biggest things I was booty-bothered by:
>No assists
>2v2 instead of 3v3
>4 button layout instead of MVC3's 3 button, MVC2's pseudo 6 button, or MVC1's 6 button layout.
>Active tags were a horrible mechanic that should never have existed
>Power stones were broken at best, and boring/lame at worst. Not a good substitute for the assist system
>No x-factor mechanic
The gameplay was many steps backwards from UMVC3. I can't fathom anyone except the worst sort of contrarian enjoying MVCI's gameplay.

>fd

Graphics as in, artsyle, yes
A lot of the characters looked pretty terrible, and on top of that, the actual roster was absolute shit
Even if Marvel mandated their side had to represent MCU, Capcom had no excuse; their choices appealed neither to classic players, veterans, hypefags, newcomers and included not a whimper of their upcoming games
>No Vergil, Dante looked like a meth addict, and no DMCV-teasing stuff added to his kit
>Nemesis and Chris, when their upcoming RE was a fucking 2 Remake with nothing from that game (Leon and Mr X. Boom)
>Added Jedah, took away every other DS Rep
>FINALLY add X, refuse to rework Zero, leaving X with a gimped buster
>MH being DLC
>Street Fighter getting jack shit, even though it's supposed to be a big franchise of theirs
>Not putting in Phoenix Wright, despite the fact the trilogy would no longer be Nintendo Exclusive
>No Ammy or Samanosuke for their remakes
>And not related, but FUCKING KINDER EGGS
Capcom are the absolute pinnacle of retardation, liking their games is fine, but anyone's who is still a fan of the company after this game deserves the shit they're being fed

Iron Fist is a character that would be Upper-Mid at worst in a game that isn't a Hyper Vs game. His rekkas are decently versatile in terms of mixups and combo routes, his movement speed on the ground is insane, his buttons have stupid horizontal reach, he can combo one super into another solo, his jump loops do pretty good damage, he can OTG/wallbounce/groundbounce solo, etc.

The problem is that MvC is VERY dependent on if you can fight in the air or pluck people out of the air, and Danny can't do shit. His S is the ONLY launcher in the game that requires a standing opponent, and his best combos rely on getting a crumple, a state which can only be given to grounded characters. None of his specials are Air OK, none of his Supers are Air OK, his Air Throws are mediocre, etc. He can barely even ward off aerial attacks since he doesn't have any real anti-air buttons or Supers (his Level 3 has really short range). He also can't deal with zoning very well at all; I think Fists of Fury might eat projectiles but that's 1 bar and they can probably block it on reaction.

>Every Japanese fighting game has good gameplay these days.

Attached: you2.gif (240x180, 2.09M)

Have sex nubi

I'm guessing the people behind yatagarasu