Just finished this game, FUCK THIS ENDING...

Just finished this game, FUCK THIS ENDING. Seriously why the hell did they think a "MC sacrifices himself" ending would be a good idea FOR A TRUE GOOD ENDING?! That shit shoud be the bad route, or maybe the neutral one. You cant expect me to be satisfied when Mitsuru, if you max her S-link, even implies that she wants to marry you a couple of minutes before your death. And you dont even die on you love interest's arms, you are forced to watch him die with the fucking robot, and then "The answer" invents a new entitu to justify this crap. FUCK THIS

Attached: 101o299383.jpg (800x1142, 219K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iENuOSfvGaE
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StuffedIntoTheFridge
youtube.com/watch?v=bCuvw4bW7Dc
youtube.com/watch?v=UO37bv_RdAs
youtube.com/watch?v=30R_5SEWBlI
youtube.com/watch?v=RdlXekUHtGA
youtube.com/watch?v=KtxTgcGqjlo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>mad because no wish fulfillment ending

You're the most obvious P4fag I've ever seen.

Attached: horriblenight.png (256x192, 3K)

remodel

Aigis is the love interest

You don't read books for grown ups do you? I can tell you have a juvenile mind. I feel bad for you. There are whole worlds of art beyond the wish fulfillment shit you seek and you just won't know.

>game constantly reminds you about death
>most party member arcs are about dealing with death
>mc special persona is thanatos
>mc ultra big dick persona is jesus
>dude wtf how was i supposed to know mc would die

>it's a "sugar coated burger boi who grew up with watered down Disney crap loses his shit on a beautiful melancholic ending" thread
Nevu bin dun b4!

Why are you all so eager to gobble this fag's bait? Don't forget to sage.

Only low IQ brainlets would be like OP. The game fucking tells you from the start that you are going to die. "Memento Mori" or "Remember that you will die". That's the fucking point of Persona 3 you infinite brainlet.

Attached: You_Need_To_Leave.jpg (500x375, 23K)

I never even played P4
The whole point of having a blank MC and multplie choices is to have wish fufillnent so you argument is wrong from the get go. Plus that doesnt refute my point of the "good ending" being fucking depressing
>"ME GROWN UP, ME MATURE"
Oh stfu, this is a fucking teen game so why the hell are tou even treating like that?! the whole message is "life is good because friendship" for fuck sake, no reason to pull this kind of ending. Not even the regular SMT pull shit like that since its very clear and honest from the get go that you aint getting a cute story
The whole focus of death was to make life even more valuable, tou could have that and the MC suriviving
The game implying that you are going to die doesnt make this ending any better you retard. Is like saying that knowing that you will have a car crash will make the accident itself better

Attached: 1561584725783.jpg (980x995, 123K)

>The whole point of having a blank MC and multplie choices is to have wish fufillnent
You it isn't you stupid dumb motherfucker, jesus christ you should be embarrassed for these things you're saying

>The whole point of having a blank MC and multplie choices is to have wish fufillnent

Attached: potofglee.jpg (600x477, 349K)

Nice bait thread

it needn't be, no

nigger the entire fucking game is all about accepting that things end and moving on, in this case death. every single character confronts this one way or another, most slinks feature that theme in some way, the main mechanic, the time management is yet another facet of this as well.
If you're unable to realize this fucking obvious theme that they beat you over the head with, then you're a fucking retard

>can chose you own path, from being a dumb coward or beingbthe chad of school
>can end alone or date almost every girl in the game
>"I-IT DOESNT HAVE WISH FULFILLMENT, I SWEAR"
See above

In even mentioned that in the post you retard, my point is that there is no reason for the good ending being fucking depressing, no matter what you do

>being a straight A student should also mean that you can cheat death

Attached: smugdog.jpg (540x564, 67K)

>my point is that there is no reason for the good ending being fucking depressing
no. YOU don't want the "good" ending to be depressing.
Fucking hell the entire goddamn point of the theme is that you should enjoy the time you had, accept that it has to be over someday and then move onward. It's fucking ironic how you missed all of that and instead are doing the exact opposite.
You're a fucking idiot

>He thinks he's going to live forever
Memento Mori, kid.

Attached: iiii.png (571x634, 570K)

>The whole focus of death was to make life even more valuable
yes in the sense that you should treasure the little time that you have to live. MC being resurrected would negate the entire goddamn point of the message and theme that the game has been presenting

Everyne else did so why not. They could've given a similar ending that "the answer" had, with Nyx still being a threat as long as people yearn for death, and so they need to change the world. Better then A: you die or B:you die, having a sad ending doesnt help the story now makes it more mature

>Everyne else did so why not.
Except for, yknow, Ken's mom, Shinji, the entirety of Strega, Yukari's dad, Mitsuru's dad, the chairman...

It's literally a Christ allegory, MC died for our sins. It's a precious gift he gave you, don't squander it.

>having a sad ending doesnt help the story
yes it fucking does. again it further drives the point of the theme. you were supposed to treasure every single moment of life you had so that you could willingly embrace death

Seethe. Seethe forever and ever, you dense fuck.

"ALL TEENAGE SELF-INSERT GAMES SHOULD GIVE ME HAPPY ENDINGS, REEEEEEEE-" Gee, wonder how P3 made the franchise take off if that was remotely true. Pure shock value, perhaps?

Imagine being too low IQ to understand a fucking Persona game

Based.
P4 and P5 pale in comparison to 3 for this exact same reason. I don't even know if Hashino knew what he managed to do in 3 because he certainly hasn't managed it since in 4 or 5.

Persona 3 isn't a life sim, it's a death sim.

I love Fuuka!

Attached: Fuuka's Frost.jpg (1024x893, 367K)

It's a memento mori sim

As you choke Fuuka, she'd first try to feebly resist. After a few moments, however, she'd look in your eyes and know that you were going to kill her no matter what. She'd fall into deep despair and completely cease all resistance. She'd barely even try to breath as you kill her softly, and her breaths would be short and ragged. She'd very quickly fall into death. Her petite, smooth body would remain as flawless as ever even in death, and she'd be still as beautiful as ever. Her body would be a good enough pleasure receptacle, and her virtually untouched holes would feel practically virginal in death. Her mouth would also be a particularly good hole; her above average throat would become extremely above average as a corpse, and you'd be able to fuck it like a pussy.

Like i said in the other post, the MC dying doesnt add nothing to this idea, this entire concept was already very well stablished. Its just cheap tear jerker
>MC being resurrected would negate the entire goddamn point
So just dont have him die in the first place. As i said multiple times that ending ends adds nothing, the message was already well stablished, him dying is just there to be sad. Hell if anything him dying aa a fucking teenager only makes it even more fucked up since he barely got to live
>inb4 him finding the answer to life was him living his life to the fullest
In a philosophical way only, and since the MC is you at the end of the day that is be subjective,
Jesus resurrected tho
That was already well stablished. If you remove his death from the story you still have the same fucking message since that was already experienced by the multiple characters that you met, his death was pointless besides plot reasons

>So just dont have him die in the first place. As i said multiple times that ending ends adds nothing, the message was already well stablished, him dying is just there to be sad
Too retarded to live.

Attached: 1536316049719.png (621x668, 403K)

>the MC dying doesnt add nothing to this idea
except that it is the very fucking foundation you dense fuck. MC not kicking the bucket would make the entire journey void
>Jesus resurrected tho
and fucked off to heaven as a zombie. same difference
good lord how can one be this retarded

>If you remove his death you get the same message
You really don't. The ending is nowhere near as impactful if he lives, because then it's just not only generic and happy like P4, but the memento mori that pops up constantly would be rendered pointless as would a lot of the game's theme in general.

>So just dont have him die in the first place. As i said multiple times that ending ends adds nothing, the message was already well stablished, him dying is just there to be sad.
>primary theme of the game is death
>MEMENTOMORIMEMENTOMORI
>a dozen characters die either in the backstory or over the course of the game's events
>MC literally has the spirit of death living within him
>persona is Thanatos, god of death
>MC literally ends up on a cross
>"Him dying is just there to be sad"
i can't fucking breathe

Attached: smughouse.png (399x382, 87K)

Its an allegory for Christ but he's not Christ. He's not the literal son of God who can come back from the dead. He's just some kid who played his hands with the cards he got to save everyone's ass.

Attached: 1473188460233.jpg (691x625, 236K)

Whoever wrote this has no heart or soul!
I'm glad Fuuka is far away from people like this!

Attached: Terrible!.png (414x664, 204K)

Self-insert fags should play some games about committing suicide.

>his death was pointless besides plot reasons
Yeah, his death was pointless besides from the massive emotional impact and thematic consistency.

Attached: 1558796588065.jpg (436x399, 79K)

How do you think Fuuka would react to walking in on you having sex with another girl?
Fuuka would become extremely embarrassed and run away with tears in her eyes, stumbling out of the house. After a few hours she'd come back inside, her eyes red and swollen with tears. She'd never mention the incident again but would always knock before entering. If you said that you were busy she'd patiently wait outside for you to finish, tears welling up in her eyes.

>tfw only played p3p
>don't have to be as butthurt as op
feels good

Attached: 1493344585461.jpg (900x1200, 251K)

>tfw only played p3p
portable is the best version anyway

>why would the game about confronting death in various ways end in death

The Japanese are not subtle with their plot themes, they are jamming that shit down your throat without cease

Go play Persona 5, that's more zoomer like you.

well desu that was my entrypoint to the series, i went in blind and it felt like a wannabe vn
FeMC route aside I'd rate FES higher

That's like being happy you don't have to see your father die because someone took your eyes out

This OP must be baiting. Nobody could be this fucking retarded.

Memento mori
You dumb bitch

Not an argument
>except that it is the very fucking foundation
No it fucking isnt, the journey itself is. You already get that message by seing multiple characters struggling to know what to do with their lifes, hell the entire sun arcana slin is about that shit, like i said take the MC death, pretend that it never happened, and you still get the same fucking message, making it pointless or at the very least redundant
See above, also want his true persona Messiah?
>massive emotional impact
Or as i call ot, tear jerker
>thematic consistency.
Im not saying that it doesnt fit, im just saying its unnecessarily depressing. The MC still had an entire life ahead of him and the game suddenly says "oh no, he lived at its fullest, time to die". I get the message, i just think it wasnt necessary since it was already well delivered
Why? Is there a different ending?

>FeMC route aside
personally that's exactly why I like portable so much. FeMC route replaced all the shitty slinks and instead focused on your party members since I personally think that they all needed some extra screen time

could be worse
you could be like my retarded friend who didnt even realize the main character died until he started playing the answer TWO YEARS later.

Kid, close your eyes.

Attached: Aigis_uniform.png (547x832, 229K)

>Being pleb filtered by the fucking ending

Attached: 1557359643340.jpg (524x468, 51K)

>also want his true persona Messiah?
You mean fucking Jesus of Nazareth, the guy who sacrificed his life for the sake of humanity? This game is full of Christian imagery.

Attached: stairs.gif (378x278, 213K)

>Why? Is there a different ending?
iirc mc didn't die in my ending, not sure if possible endings differ much

or I could be this friend

Go back to Pokémon, child.

You may have noticed that death was kinda a theme among the characters and social links in Persona 3. Did you think they were foreshadowing that by accident?

yes you see other people struggle with the acceptance on death as well and you're supposed to learn from them that you cannot escape fate and thus death and that you should accept that, make the most of the limited time that you have and embrace death when it visits you.
and yet you clearly did not recognize this as you try to fabricate reasonings for why your character should be allowed to live instead of accepting death and moving on. you missed the entire fucking message of a fucking nu-persona game and you should be ashamed of yourself

>mc didn't die in my ending
we should meme this everytime someone mentions the ending

He'll be back, user. Don't be sad
youtube.com/watch?v=iENuOSfvGaE
We'll meet again

This, it's too obvious OP. Go back and finish your moe anime shit.

Go back to p4 you plebeian you'll get your happy anime perfect ending

How many times do i have to explain that my criticism is not that the message got lost, but that its redudant and therefore, unnecessary and the only thing that ots left is a depressing feeling wich ruins what should be a "good" ending. Also why you insist that im just too dumb to get the message when i literally stated multiple times. I just didnt like how it ended, for me his death served no extra purpose, its just repeating what was stated multiple times and the Sun arcana slink did it better anyway

Attached: 19192929.png (930x696, 627K)

I fucking hate you

I mean, you definetly get to wander around town after the final battle, and i can't find videos of p3p ending for shit. you sure that wasn't in the extra chapter?

Do you think he'd be happy with how they're living their lives now?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 188K)

Why
user....do you remenber that little nap he takes at the end?

Yes, he's been watching from the Velvet Room for a long time.

Why is mitsuru hanging out with the teacher?

>MC's final Persona is literally Jesus
>WHY DID HE SACRIFICE HIMSELF
The game screams at you at every possible chance you're gonna kick the bucket, how did you not see this coming?

That's Yukari, user.

That's Yukari, silly user, Tonomari probably drunk herself stupid after learning Makoto died right after she ran away from him that day.

>dying
meh

Attached: 1556458764757.png (723x1221, 1.1M)

>but that its redudant
again it's not you fucking moron. it's the very foundation. It's a journey about accepting that your time is limited and that you should make the most of it until you confront death. I can't believe how blind you are.
>the only thing that ots left is a depressing feeling
that's because you missed the point. you should stop being sad about it and rather be happy about all the nice memories you made throughout the journey. you didn't learn a fucking thing
>Also why you insist that im just too dumb to get the message
You didn't get the message since you insist that you should have a right to live on. Memento fucking mori
>and the Sun arcana slink did it better anyway
sun shows how another person copes with this fate. It's up to you to decide how you, the MC, will react to your end and you're clearly in denial

Wtf bros, i cant believe that both tatsuya and his game got forgotten
Fuck this game

Attached: hail hitler.jpg (250x500, 25K)

It's amazing to think that just two years after the P3 movie came out, Atlus shat out the P5 anime

>atlus
>not shitting up games for the sake of shekels
Ahahahahahaha, o you poor stupid nigger

You sure managed to lure the Persona 3 Defense Force out in full. The game's awful for different reasons, too!

Didnt play the Arena games.
Whos the chad Akihiko is with and what's Fuuka doing?

Attached: 1413663840437.jpg (500x667, 94K)

Haven't seen that one, is it that bad or that good?

this was before atlus went to shit though

You're not fooling anyone, you autistic faggot.

Memento Mori, nigger

Ill never not be upset at them digging up MC and Shinjis corpses for dancing game
That shit was mad lame

Attached: 1423091074351.png (512x439, 283K)

P3 was the last "Megami Tensei" game out of the Persona line, that's why it's more morbid and has more occult themes.

Aki is turning into a cop
Fuuka's turning down a scholarship her university is pressuring her into accepting

>Play P3
>NPCs have apathy syndrome
>Sun acana is dying cancer
>Hangman parents are divorced
>Akihiko and Shinjiro killed Ken's mom
>Shinjiro dies
>Mitsuru dad dies
>Junpei autistic gf dies
>Nothing bad happens to me because I'm the player
What is the point of the theme of game being death if the player is not directly affected by it?
And how the hell do you think shit is not going to go tits up when all the shit mentioned above occurs?

Seriously? She looks just like the teacher now. Is this from the movie?
>It's a journey about accepting that your time is limited and that you should make the most of it until you confront death.
Literally the whole plot of the sun slink and the month preceding the final battle, hell thats even the entire character of Nyx. How is that NOT redundant?!
>rather be happy about all the nice memories you made throughout the journey
Except that, unless you predicted or got spoiled about the end, you expect to see the MC to carry on with his life. No matter to actually live life at its fullest as the game keeps telling. Cutting that short just makes it depressing since he will never get that anymore
>You didn't get the message since you insist that you should have a right to live on
The message is directed to you the player, wanting the MC to live doesnt make that message any less meaningful since its not about the game

Atleast they havent digged persona 1, 2 and if... corpse to milk them to death
Its shitty that they were forgotten in favor of garbage storys and waifus, but atleast they died with dignity

>that little nap he takes at the end?
he's like... actually exhausted after preventing apocalypse? if he dies that scene, i agree with op, this is really retarded. dying from fucking sadness lmao.
what up with that crucify and door-kun memes then

Attached: 1538349552870.gif (448x344, 1.6M)

>dying from fucking sadness lmao.
how do you people even get dressed in the morning

Attached: sippy.gif (400x300, 1.64M)

Attached: p5aLOL3.jpg (1280x720, 264K)

Someone....please....remember me...

Attached: garbage-1.jpg (400x561, 26K)

FES was the beginning of the end in terms of Atlus adding shitty waifubait characters to spinoffs.
P5R girl looks to be the worst one yet

Attached: 1402596772845.jpg (557x495, 92K)

>what up with that crucify and door-kun memes then
Play The Answer.
Or rather don't actually play The Answer because it's shit, but look up the cutscenes on YouTube.

Nope, at that point he's barely holding on just so he can fulfill their promise to meet on Graduation Day. He's not exhausted at that point, he's already dead, trying all he can just to keep his body alive for a few months.

>A-1 pictures

Attached: this thread.gif (108x163, 997K)

Because you're an espectador, retard. Which reflects how you're imprisoned at the end, forever watching everyone else.

You're not a game changer, go back to anime shit if you want that.

>Literally the whole plot of the sun slink and the month preceding the final battle, hell thats even the entire character of Nyx. How is that NOT redundant?!
Wow a whole one slink that you can complete miss and ignore through the game.
>Except that, unless you predicted or got spoiled about the end, you expect to see the MC to carry on with his life. No matter to actually live life at its fullest as the game keeps telling. Cutting that short just makes it depressing since he will never get that anymore
He gave his life so his friends can live on happily. Did you even see the Ryoji ending or the answer?

FES didn't actually add anything like that though. Aigis and Elizabeth were both in the base game, they just got extra content in FES, and even Metis isn't technically new since she's just Aigis' Shadow. They didn't start with the turbopandering until P3P, P4U and P4G.

Persona 1 isn't popular enough for them to milk, and Persona 2 is gonna be tied to memes about Hitler's sunglasses and edgyness until the end of time.

Only the cruelest of men shit on user's waifu.

>What is the point of the theme of game being death if the player is not directly affected by it?
You are tho, all those deaths affect you in some way since they affect your friends. You dont need to actually die to realize how short life is
He dies to seal some bullshit entity, he waa just conscious until the graduation but his sould wasnt really there(at least thats what i understood from Igor's explantion)
To be fair in the journey his death happens just because, and the explanation given in "the answer" is pretty trash, even if i agreed with you people about his death being necessary for the message

>Persona 1 isn't popular enough for them to milk
Persona 1 was the highest selling main game until Persona 5. Even if you include rereleases, it wasn't until P3P and P4G respectively that they sold more than P1.

hes not dead

No, it's from Persona 4 Arena Ultimax. It takes place a few years after Persona 3, so everyone from Persona 3 (except Ken) is an adult.

> Metis isn't technically new since she's just Aigis' Shadow
That's a reach and you know it. Shes a brand new shit character in a brand new shit chapter of the game
P3 is my favorite persona but don't even front like the Answer brought anything good to the table besides the superior version of Mass Destruction

Attached: 1562913415696.gif (240x240, 1.63M)

>muh i stole peoples dream
>stop being a phantom thieve senpai
>even more forced than aigis or marie
>either you get her very early on ruining the already starting to break dinamic or later than fucking haru and akechi (that atlus is gonna bring back for those sweet fujo bucks)
>her persona looks like a mess, same with all the level 3 personas
Maybe smt dying isnt so bad if this is the level of shit we can expect from nu fatlus

Attached: 1558306847657.png (216x178, 85K)

Are you dyslectic? Or did not read all what I said?
To spell out that second to last sentence for (you).
I don't want the MC to be some gary sue. I want him to be able to get fucked over as much as all the other characters.

user...you do realize persona exists because smt if... and persona 1 were the best selling atlus games at the time right?

>i dont want the MC to be some gary sue
Did we even play the same game?

Attached: 1561202819897.png (547x500, 246K)

well at least in portable there are very few implications of that, and saying "main story ending is a fuck up, play extended for it to make sense" is bullshit

Attached: 1530833562295.jpg (602x698, 137K)

Nice, P4 Anime tier QUALITY. I might check that out just to have a laugh.

I meant now, but you are right.

Normally I'm the kind of guy who prefers a happy ending, but with P3 I actually thought that the sad ending worked quite well. That was the theme of the entire game, after all, that death isn't the end, that we can find meaning and purpose there.
I suppose I can understand not liking it, but for me I thought it was very nice. The Answer still isn't very fun however.
Also I don't have any P3 pics

Attached: Personamon.jpg (1548x2048, 499K)

>How is that NOT redundant?!
it's the foundation. you as a player AND character are on a journey of which you know will end in death and so you learn to face and accept it. Along that journey you see others struggling with the same fate and get the opportunity to learn from them and perhaps incorporate their ideas.
>unless you predicted or got spoiled about the end
the entire game foreshadows your death. did you really not expect that mc would kick the bucket?
>you expect to see the MC to carry on with his life
yep, guess you really didn't. man you are one hell of a fool
>No matter to actually live life at its fullest as the game keeps telling
again you missed the point. the point is that you should make the most of the limited time that you have and treasure it. do you not understand the meaning behind memento mori?
>The message is directed to you the player
and the mc. what do you think the contract is all about?
you didn't understand a thing the game tried to teach you

>Also I don't have any P3 pics
A mortal sin, user

Attached: 1554372852410.jpg (496x320, 23K)

>he still doesnt understand that you are LITERALLY SIGNING YOUR OWN DEATH AT THE BEGGINING OF THE GAME HOLY FUCKING SHIT HOW OBVIOUS DO YOU WANT IT YOU ABSOLUTE MORON

Attached: AHHHHH YHVH SAVE MEEEEEE.jpg (596x591, 141K)

>Wow a whole one slink that you can complete miss and ignore through the game.
Thats the most blantant parallel, but a lot of the other S-links involve death and have the characters deal with it and move on with their lifes, and like i said the entire month preceding the fall have the group facing their imminent demise so even if you ignored the sun slink you would still get the message
>He gave his life so his friends can live on happily
How does that make the true ending any less depressing? He's still dead, no matter how much you sugar coat it death is depressing, specially dying as a fucking teen. Tbh i think the main reason why i hated the ending was because i got too immersed, the thought of being denied to see my MC go college, have his rematch with Mamoru and even get married made me livid. I already know that im going to die but why make me sad about it by killing the MC?
I understand why you guys defend it, it sure isnt a bad ending in terms of writing, i just hate playing games and feeling depressed, specially when the game has the MC being a self insert. Its a childish reason but still

Most people are the opposite and really hate the cliche "everyone lives happily ever after" bullshit endings. So you're definitely the odd one out.

i just like bullying him and his imposters.
fuuka is a good girl

I'm on my work computer, I just have P5 pics for the most part here.

Attached: JokerP5-P2-2.png (1280x985, 381K)

>i just hate playing games and feeling depressed
Then why did you play a Persona game dipshit? 4 is pretty much the only one actually designed to have a properly happy ending. Even 5 kneecapped it by establishing that the protagonist will always live in suspicion outside of proper society because of their actions. Persona as a general rule has been about focusing on psychological issues, be they personal, societal, or a combination of the two. "Everyone lives happily ever after" is not something Atlus does in general on a regular basis, even with Persona.

>4 is pretty much the only one actually designed to have a properly happy ending.
Not that guy but I'd argue P1 has an overall happy ending.

Attached: 1547068796968.jpg (614x684, 421K)

>saves Persona pictures on work computer
Youre only making yourself look worse user

Attached: 1556771274347.gif (301x371, 117K)

>not something atlus does
>what is p1, devil summoner, devil survivor, digital devil saga, katherine, the trauma series, p4, 5 and all the shitty spin offs they star in

>i'm illiterate
Thanks for sharing

P1, P4, and P5 are for sure the "happy ending" games. P2IS, and P3 are the sad endings, and P2EP is you could say a bitter sweet ending (although I wouldn't argue calling it sad either).

>Tbh i think the main reason why i hated the ending was because i got too immersed, the thought of being denied to see my MC go college, have his rematch with Mamoru and even get married made me livid
and with that you chose to ignore the message of the game. you're supposed to accept that MC died and treasure all the memories you have of him. instead you're in full on denial mode autistically screeching on a basket weaving forum about how your beloved character deserves to live

>Thinks I care what NEETs on Yea Forums think
I'm eating lunch while shitposting on Yea Forums, and I'm getting paid for it. I'm satisfied.

Attached: SojiroHolyFUCK.png (400x400, 113K)

>whole game is about accepting change and moving on
>retard user can't accept change nor move on
It's like pottery.

>he thinks persona fans play megaten games outside of persona
what are you doing

Attached: 1556347905420.jpg (4096x2113, 628K)

Persona 3 is by far the most emo JRPG, what the fuck were you expecting? Especially with all the death imagery and symbolism? Is this bait?

Attached: 20180818_113827.png (1920x1080, 2.14M)

>beautiful melancholic ending
oh please. the ending is rendered meaningless in advance when junpei and chidori both get revived, then becomes even more meaningless after the fact when the answer gives atlus an excuse to revive door-kun in the future.
for a game that's supposed to be about accepting death and living life to the fullest while you're still alive, p3 does a shit job of making death feel meaningful.
if you want to see a real melancholic ending done right, play p2ep.

Attached: 7-Persona2-33-346.jpg (640x480, 53K)

I didn't know about the ending, i just wanted to play something

Attached: Insert MC death.png (1280x1440, 1.88M)

>trauma center is smt

Attached: 1547492109663.jpg (513x485, 28K)

>chidori
on your first playthrough you're very likely to miss the trigger for reviving her ass. and even then it's kinda pointless since she's fated to be murdered by her own persona sooner or later

where does absolute brainlet plebs like OP come from?

>on your first playthrough you're very likely to miss the trigger for reviving her ass.
doesn't matter because ultimax made it canon anyway.

>Chidori
She stays dead.

It's a pretty shitty trope though, literally a girl gets killed off to fuel a male character's development. Very common in Japanese media.
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/StuffedIntoTheFridge

I started with P4G and I've played 15 different MT games by now

Attached: 1562330552494.png (1200x1677, 2.93M)

but like I said she's gonna get strangled by her persona sooner or later anyway

Arena confirms that she lives, actually. And Hashino confirmed that Junpei's necklace in Arena is an anniversary gift from Chidori.

Chidori is alive user, jumpei even mentions hes gonna marry her in ultimax

Unironically how old are you?

>15 MT games
Good, just remember that you cant join the MT big boys club until you complete the most REAL smt game....jack bros

>She stays dead.
nope. she gets revived by a magical flower and is still alive as of ultimax.

no she won't, because she doesn't have her persona anymore once she's revived. it merged with junpei's persona.

Is this abomination of waifu pandering gonna be worse than marie?

Attached: 1556250199175.jpg (813x960, 93K)

>Junpei's girlfriend dies
youtube.com/watch?v=bCuvw4bW7Dc

At least Kasumi's hot, Marie just looks... weird.

>revive door-kun in the future
How? His soul's bound to the seal, and any "revival" is just freeing him from his purgatory and letting his soul finally pass on. It's already been several in-game years after his death, so his body would already be cremated or buried.

Non canon.

Marie dresses weird but is physically attractive. However, her personality is ugly.
youtube.com/watch?v=UO37bv_RdAs

If it can happen in the game, it's canon.

>Chidori comes back to life
WHAT?! Well now my anger for the ending has gotten worse

All the spinoff girls are attractive, but thats barely a compliment. Theyre all just anime girls
Their personalities are what makes them insufferable

Attached: the cook.jpg (333x333, 23K)

marie looks like an autistic emo, everything is better than that

This is bait, innit?

Attached: door-kun.jpg (2048x1958, 385K)

>not canon
Except it was confirmed in Ultimax she's still alive. The necklace junpei wears is a gift from her.
Magic flowers lad.
Of course it is.

You have to talk to Junpei every day to encourage him to go see her in the hospital. She uses her power to make the flowers pretty for when junpei visits. After she dies he puts the flowers on her, and the left over power from them revives her.

Not true. Social links in 4, and probably 5, are treated as basically nonexistent.

Don't forget that in P3P the FemC can save Shinjis life with her pussy by making him go into a coma instead of dying, defeating the whole purpose of both his, Ken's and Akihiko's character arcs
Persona after 3 was a mistake

Attached: 1402794480952.jpg (240x240, 8K)

Not true. Slightly spergy emo girls are great in bed.

I think the only "canon" slinks are the automatic ones. The rest are considered merely optional.

Junpei talks about proposing to Chidori in P4AU

I played persona 3 through 5 from last year to a month ago and mass destruction is still my favorite battle song

Attached: 1553700945221.jpg (640x480, 68K)

It was my understanding that he was slowly dying from his persona drugs. So regardless he was going to die relatively soon.

Are you literally me?

Attached: 1561401464608.png (716x706, 665K)

>and the left over power from them revives her.
If you didnt send the video i would've thought you are bullshitting me
.....are you serious?!

no, it's just 3 that was the mistake. i've never seen a game fail harder to commit to its own themes than 3 does.

>every day
not every day. it's 4 specific days (6-11, 11-11, 14-11, 22-11) where you have to talk hto him to trigger her revival

How so?

>are you serious
It's not really the banging that keeps him alive, but maxing his social link makes him keep his pocketwatch in his jacket, which keeps him alive after being shot.

That is correct. However, someone playing the game unguided wouldn't know what days specifically. So they would need to talk to him every day they could to be safe.

margaret reveals in p4 that elizabeth left the velvet room so she could find a way to free door-kun from the seal.
that, along with how they have no qualms with using stupid asspulls to revive characters (see: chidori, morgana), pretty much guarantees that door-kun will be revived eventually so they can shill p3 some more.

>go into shinji's room
>find bullet proof vest he left there

Attached: guh.png (216x228, 21K)

>a fucking watch
Might as well pull a rubber bullets
Jesus christ

Attached: fuhrer.jpg (349x445, 29K)

>someone playing the game unguided
they wouldn't even guess to talk to him that damn often. and on top of that i remember that some of those days can be missed due to certain events or smth

>get gun jesus revolver
>its filled with rubber bullets

Attached: 1551068341280.gif (526x692, 145K)

>accept death and live your life to the fullest while you're alive!
*junpei, chidori (fes) and shinjiro (p3p) die*
>haha, please understand, we weren't serious about that whole "accepting death" thing after all!

I think i'll do this, specially now that everyone is saying that P4 has a cliche happy ending. I need something happy to erase t sadness from P3FES
>makes him keep his pocketwatch in his jacket, which keeps him alive after being shot
Holy shit that's cartoony levels of BS. I was about to accept that i didnt like the ending because of emotional reasons but thats actually makes the whole "oh it fits the theme" argument complete bullshit. Is that canon or just a possible end that Atlus ignores?

Atlus fucks up the narrative in the vast majority of their remakes by not having the common sense to leave certain shit untouched. This is nothing new nor exclusive to Persona in particular.

>NO GUYS P3 ENDING IS ACTUALLY AMAZING HAHA IT'S OK THAT HE DIED REALLY
>DUDE MEMENTO MORI

the only thing good about P3 ending is the credits song. You all can fuck off otherwise.

>Is that canon or just a possible end that Atlus ignores?
It's P3P exclusive. It's likely just an event from an alternate timeline, given that the event requires Hamuko to exist and she's not part of the current timeline.

First, you don't need to romance him to save him. Second, though I don't entirely disagree with that, it was more his actions that spurned on Ken/Akihiko's character arcs, not necessarily his death itself.
Takaya says that but Strega were taking them since they were children, at least a decade longer than Shinjiro was. He was affected badly by them, but "dead soon anyways" is kind of nulled by his extended stay in a hospital for months and still alive at the end.
It's just an alternate canon according to q2. Nothing substantial that they'll use going forward, and not something that's been referenced outside of P3WM.

Attached: herd u talkin shit.jpg (960x544, 125K)

>471335217

Attached: 1562425088436.png (468x376, 235K)

>she's not part of the current timeline
PersonaQ2 shits on that by connecting the timelines

I include FES in 'mistake' tier. The story of P3 was fine before they added all the extra shit.
Im with you on the Junpei asspull but it did ultimately lead to Chirodr's death, which was the pivotal moment in his story, so it works if you ask me.

Also people seem to be hanging onto the whole "accepting death" thing as the primary theme for p3 when the entire end game lead in is the exact opposite. Even MC is only able to save the world because he and SEES literally refuse to accept death.

that was only in his dream

Why would he dream about proposing to someone who isn't there anymore? Besides, the devs said that Chidori gifted him that necklace from her favorite burando, not something that'd be possible if she'd died.

PQ2 confirms she's from an alternate timeline though, what are you talking about

>any character with a vag dying is fridging
>>Yea Forumsumblr is that way

what the hell is this?

Did you stop playing halfway through? The growth of every member of the main cast completely revolves around accepting death and overcoming the grief it brings. Door-kun willingly accepts death as the cost for keeping Erebus away from Nyx because he's content with how he lived.

Why would he dream about a person who died 3 years ago when he never mentions Makoto once?

>when the entire end game lead in is the exact opposite.
I disagree entirely.
>Even MC is only able to save the world because he and SEES literally refuse to accept death.
That's why they're able to battle Nyx in the first place, but the reason they save the world is because the MC gives up his life to hold Nyx off.

Persona trinity souls
A mistake, just like persona 4 and 5

p3p also shits on that by giving femc the same ending as door-kun. so regardless, shinjiro's revival still further contradicts the game's themes and takes the emotional resonance away from the ending.

Trinity Souls is arguably the worst thing Persona ever did. P3 admittedly annoys me at times because it contradicts 1+2 on a lore level, but Trinity Souls feels like it was written by someone who only ever vaguely heard of Persona. "If you're over 18 you can't have a Persona" is also just stupid as fuck even if it didn't contradict nearly every other game in the series.

Thank god they don't acknowledge it at all.

Metis is actually a good character and you can just bench her if you don't like her (you'd have to be retarded to do this though).

I actually don't agree with that. One of the big themes of the game is learning to move on and still live your life even if you think you've lost everything. I think that Shinji living is actually balanced well with FeMC dying, he gets to survive even if he didn't really want to, but he loses someone he cares about that tells him to keep moving on.
Just so we're clear I didn't exactly love the decision to have Shinji live, but I also didn't really mind it.

Arena and P4 both tell Trinity Soul to fuck off anyways

Well, philemon reseted the universe, so he made everyone forget that P2 dulogy are the best games.

No? You just talk to Junpei and encourage him not to be a beta. I'd be more surprised if you didn't get it on a first playthrough.

neatly ducking the question of whether or not you read books that aren't for kids, lol

counterpoint: by the time femc dies, you're conditioned to assume that main characters aren't allowed to die for real. it's impossible to take the ending seriously after you've seen several other deaths reversed by asspulls.

t. P3fag falseflagging to circlejerk over how "deep" and "mature" his toy is.

We all know atlus is gonna revive the door for those sweet otaku bucks, so what even is the point of pretending hes never coming back

>We all know atlus is gonna revive the door for those sweet otaku bucks
Why revive him when they can just shill Joker some more, I doubt most Personafags even played 3 at this point.

atlus loves to shill p3 even though it sold like shit and is the worst game in the series.

Several? There are two. Chidori and Shinji. Neither are asspulls since both establish the thing that save their lives: watch and healing powers. Besides, the method to save them is really out of the way with you having to talk to Junpei in the dorm and having to rush through Shinji's entire SL in a month. I don't like Shinji surviving that much either, but people blow it way out of proportion. The Answer ruined the story far more than some fan service moments that you have to willingly go for.

That's 2 on both those fronts.

>sold like shit
That's literally wrong faggot.

Attached: easdeasd.png (999x1316, 155K)

Which one?

>worst game
Thats not persona 4 user, atleast 3 tried to do its own thing and separe itself from the digital devil saga gameplay
Then 4 came aroun and said, what if we water down an even more watered down smt system, add a braindead tier plot for the retarded waifufags and we add loads of waifus

Attached: 1548090669515.png (179x283, 103K)

Considering Atlus is clearly not big on stepping back to older titles (1/2) and Hashino having been on his other project for a while so no supervision, we don't actually know that. There's still quite a bit left for p5, and depending on what we're shown at the 2021 live they may just move on to the next era.
It comes down to disliking femc herself on a fundamental level.

but that's wrong, redditor. based p2 dabs on p3 in everything from sales (p2is) to quality (both parts).

Attached: 1548536175457.jpg (599x442, 47K)

Persona 5 couldn't even be bothered to create a half-decent story. It coasts along solely on style, music and waifus

And then 5 watered it and the "dungeons" down some more and made it all pretty.

Hashino doesnt mention the older games because he loves to steal concepts and entire plot points from them

>That massive dropoff from IS to EP even though IS was Japan only
Glad to see Japs also thought it was shit

Its not smt but it is megaten : )

From what i remember japs liked persona 2, the problem was the idol controversy that screwed them over

What's the source of this image? I see it linked all the time but nobody ever responds where it's from.

>outsold by a shitty PSP remake
How will P2fags ever recover?

But he's not the entirety of Atlus. The team they've had on the Dancing games/Q2 is their new persona team and has been for a couple of years, and at this point Atlus just uses them as marketing materials in random strings of merch and events like the 20FES.

Looks like a persona central article.

Attached: Persona-Series-Sales-Graph-2019.png (1600x7460, 628K)

>Considering Atlus is clearly not big on stepping back to older titles (1/2)
you mean besides how 4 and 5 both blatantly rip off plot elements from 2 because hackshino couldn't come up with original ideas.
or how 3 rehashed the antagonist, the giant tower dungeon, and several prominent personas from the snow queen quest because, again, hackshino couldn't come up with original ideas.

Yeah where are the 3 rereleases on that image?

By only getting 1 game of the duology and 0 marketing

I think being garbage probably hurt it more

I never said he was original, just that the company itself does not often go back to older titles for full on remakes. Look how many mainline has gotten.

>"""massive""" dropoff
Seems pretty normal for a direct sequel.

Dont forget that akechi and based adachi are just a poor mans hazama

Attached: 1540935155258.jpg (542x1032, 132K)

by making the inevitable remake sell better than all versions of p3 combined. will p3babbies ever stop seething at the greatness?

Attached: 1450545905439.png (500x500, 176K)

This is why you always check the endings before playing something.

Still pisses me off that we have PS:IS PSP and only the PS1 version of EP. Makes EP seem a lot shittier.

Attached: P2Cast.jpg (1237x710, 152K)

Characters and games that should be forgotten,ignored and rendered non-canon

Metis
Marie
Labrys
Kukino
Sho
Kanami
Rei and Zen
Hikari
Kasumi
New robot wife

Persona FES
Persona Golden
Persona Royal
Persona Arena
Persona Ultimax
Persona Q
Persona Q2
Persona dancing all night
Persona dancing moonlight
Persona dancing starlight
Persona scramble

There, franchise fixed. can't do anything about all the crossovers and cameos they have in other garbage out there, tho.

akechi is more of a homeless man's jun.

Attached: Akechi-P2-Costume.jpg (296x520, 20K)

This is comparing Japanese game sales though.

Sacrificing myself to save humanity and my many girlfriends is my wishes fulfilled

I know beggars have no right to be making demands, but holy fuck, iwakura needs to get moving or not take on so many different projects all at once. I think the two 7th Dragon translations got finished faster, and that was being worked on by a single person.

By cutting down extra fluff like three weapon types that didn't matter? The only weapon type that enemies are regularly weak to while being immune to others is pierce and you literally never need to pay attention to it ever. Not to mention everybody just spams Vorpal Blade after a certain point. By cutting the fusion spells that made you invincible and let you skip boss fights or gave you a Mediarahan+Masukukaja in the first few hours of the game? By giving knock downs through hit all attacks a One More even though that also applies to the enemies and you could easily just use hit all and knock everyone down anyway in P3 90% of the time? By getting rid of the annoying cheating mechanic that nobody liked and that made characters like Mitsuru and Fuuka seem like unreasonable bitches? The tired mechanic basically doesn't matter after the first month and Yukiko's Castle is much more difficult than Thebel.

You'll like P4 more OP.

That said, I thought the ending was the best ending out of any of the persona games.

>the inevitable remake
Dude I want remakes of 1+2 as well, but it's almost certainly not gonna happen. For a while, at least. For one, you have to think that remaking those games may even be more difficult than remaking 3. With P3 the game's built in 3D and has the general same structure as 4+5. But with 1+2, they'd have to remake SO much of the games. And frankly I think those remakes wouldn't be as guaranteed to print money as a P3 remake, for example.

Attached: 1543519807333.png (500x384, 79K)

These teenagers all lived fullfilling and jam packed full of memories lives in a year. What have you done?

Attached: 1563823702413.jpg (1348x787, 226K)

I complained about a video game having a slightly lighter tone than the one that came before it.

Akechi doesnt resemble jun in any way other than lol gay for mc
Hazama on the other hand:
>both get fucked by their family
>both social outcasts that get rejected by everyone
>both want to be accepted and do shitty things to do so
>both end up betrayed by someone they though loved them (shido and the if... nurse)
>both obtain their powers from a "god" that wants to toy with humanity (yaldaboath wants to bring order and zurvan (the demon form hazama takes) wants to destroy lucifer and become the new chaos icon)

The idea of leaving after struggling together for nearly a year is nice and the credits song really emphasizes the mood, but all those spinoffs completely ruin it. You're fucking back not even half a year, and several times too.

>It comes down to disliking femc herself on a fundamental level.
Oh, you're one of "those" faggots. Lemme guess, having a person who isn't a blank slate bland rice emo faggot as the protagonist ruins the themes of the story, right?

Attached: 1562994963895.jpg (960x960, 145K)

>Fox isn't included with the P4 crew
SHIT PICTURE
Actually, I legitimately wish that Fox was included as an official IT member. He even goes into the TV world with them!

wait the nhow

Attached: confused cat.jpg (1920x1080, 236K)

Hikari existing and getting over her depression has no effect on canon, especially when at most and I hope she will just cameo in P5R.

Femc doesnt add anything to persona 3 other than fujo and waifu pandering
Change my mind

The thing with remakes of P1 and 2 is Atlus every now and then puts out "feeler's on the idea. Always asking but never going anywhere with it. I'm sure there are people in Atlus who would have no issue remaking the games, its just at matter of convincing the others.

>Fox
>He

>"If you're over 18 you can't have a Persona" is also just stupid as fuck even if it didn't contradict nearly every other game in the series.
Technically there hasn't been a contradiction yet since every adult with a persona got it granted by some kind of higher power.

I don't think they ever say Fox's gender in the actual game. I think in the anime it's a female though, right?

Fox is a mother in her SL ending.

Persona Q contradicts itself all the time anyways, so i doubt she will be mentioned again
>gods and demons dont exist, they are just shadows lmao
>pay no attention to the literall grim reaper taking his waifu to the other side

P3P removes bad SLs and replaces them with great ones. Change my mind.

Attached: P3P_Saori_casual_clothes_portrait.png (256x256, 21K)

Arena Akihiko and Mitsuru

>Technically there hasn't been a contradiction yet
Well, yeah, there was a number of contradictions. In P2, (both halves) there are plenty of adults with Personas that didn't have them granted by a higher power. Baofu for example, and I'm pretty sure he got his Persona in his fifties. Plus there's the P1 casts in P2 as well.

What? No, I like that there's a variance in personality between them and a semblance of individuality across the MCs themselves. I meant that in a "whenever I have this discussion it boils down to essentially disliking her" sort of way. At least, the most they can do is bleat about how she ruins themes because of the generally same optional BS that MC has.
>fujo
There's no fujo pandering in her route at all though, at least not any more than the main one.
>waifu pandering
You mean more than the literal "every slink ends in romance" route? At least she has an option to not do so.

>why would he dream about proposing to someone who isnt there anymore
because he loved her and because its a fucking dream. i have dreams about people in my life that have died all the time.

Q2 says none of that, and Hikari existing has no effect on the Q games being canon because she's just a normal girl.

>what is the persona 1 cast
>what is strega
>what is all those persona users you fight in 1 and 2
>what is FUCKING GUIDO AAAAAAAH

Ah shoot, you win this round

Ok then ignoring that, can't argue against the devs.

I dont like being spoiled....though i kinda thought about this after i got the true demom ending for Nocturne. It wasnt bad but the neutral ending is more my type of ending

The P1 and P2 cast is buffed up by Philemon though
>Arena Akihiko and Mitsuru
That could actually be a better argument since I didn't remember they were supposed to be something like nearly 18 year old in the game

It is a good ending, im just sad

Shh, the less we talk about , it the better

it's true that they'd have to make new 3d assets for the remakes, but then they could reuse all those assets later to make spinoffs with 1 and 2 like they've done for the other games.
i also don't think they'd have to remake as much of the games as you think they would. the writing is fine the way it is, and they don't need to change the structure. all they'd really need to do is copy the battle system from p5 and fix some of the more tedious dungeons.

Nu-persona sometimes has some... really weird and questionable lore decisions. There's everything in Trinity Soul, but more egregious is the stuff in the P3 Ultimania (or whatever the supplement book is called). Basically, it implies very heavily that Nyx is the cause of ALL shadows, demons and gods. And that's she's a space alien that crashed into the moon during the ice age.

Bro, MC was literally the host for the avatar of death. What did you expect was gonna happen? You fight the god of death in a hopeless battle, to become a conduit for the greatest power in the universe. In tarot the world is the final stage in the fool's journey. You're dumb uninstall your life

Good day everyone, i have come to say the n word

Attached: KandoriP2.png (763x2655, 2.1M)

>The P1 and P2 cast is buffed up by Philemon though
Philemon even says that he just helps them find their own power. Plus in P2 there are people (like Ulala in IS) that have Personas, are adults, and didn't have their Persona powers granted by Philemon or Nyarly.

>what is all those persona users you fight in 1 and 2
Why did they drop the idea of persona-users being a more common occurance? Iirc in 2 there were NPCs who had personas and it was more or less a regular thing.
For some reason they changed it so that all persona users happen to go to your school and be within your friend circle except the ones who arent, which are villains.

Attached: 1406700271907.jpg (378x408, 33K)

YOU
YOU
DOUBLE
NYARLATHOTEP

The fatty is a good S.Link. Change MY mind.

They were born in 1991, so they're at least 20 in Arena.

Being the host of the avatar of death shouldnt make you immortal instead?

>Why did they drop the idea of persona-users being a more common occurance?
To be absolutely fair, in P1 Kandori was the head of a company that was specifically researching the stuff about Personas. So it makes sense that he'd have underlines who could also use the power. And in P2, those evil Persona users were being manipulated by Nyarly for the most part.
>Iirc in 2 there were NPCs who had personas
There were a fair amount of people with Personas, actually. Just in IS alone I think there's like 4 enemy Persona users, and a couple NPCs who can use them like the fat guy at the sushi bar

>MC will never get to marry her
It fucking hurts

I miss shadow hitler bros, it was sutch a retarded idea but they executed it really well

Attached: 1544238428298.png (336x464, 128K)

>kid who eats because hes ultimately inferior to his chad dead brother and cant think of anything else he'd be better at
>also hes part of a scam cult lol
Didn't make a lot of sense to me.

Attached: 1521079762241.jpg (640x640, 29K)

Forgot pic

Attached: P3_Maiko.png (221x444, 62K)

I don't even remember what happened in that link besides him hiding behind the mc in one scene.

Dude, anything they pump now will sell , as long as it looks like pretty a fresh main entry , they know how to make a decent combat and the looks are there too

only girl that matters desu

Attached: Mitsuru.jpg (1024x1024, 631K)

>When you think you can escape Nyarly in death, but he just resurrects you so he can push you around again
Kandori had it rough

>shadow hitler
>devil summoning stephen hawking
>android rasputin
When will atlus go back to adding historical figures and shit to their games? It's always great.

>Haha I know I'll be a food critic because gorging myself like a pig has given me a refined palate
Just kind of bad the whole way through yeah.

Moon was the weakest SL in the game in my opinion. Especially because his epilogue is just "I left town and didn't apologize to anyone I scammed"

Hey man, what the hell is this Kenchi dude's problem? He's even worse than Junpei at talking to girls as in he even manages to get Fuuka mad at him and Minako wanting to beat him up so bad her other friends have to actually hold her back.

The way she implied that she wanted to marry you was really what hurted me. Imagine losing a life where you are married to a hot red haired rich girl who likes to ride bikes. It would be better to never have lived

Robot is best waifu.

Maybe before nyx split from MC's body yeah. But it didn't even make him immortal. It just gave him stupid power when he came close to death.

Someone played one too many Matrix games

>push your half brothers buttoms so hard he wants to murder you because you want the sweet embrace of death and to stop being nyarlys puppet

Attached: 1553836453271.jpg (729x685, 91K)

nah, akechi is definitely jun 2.0:
>jun has mommy and daddy issues
>akechi has daddy issues
>jun gets found and exploited by nyarly to do his dirty work
>akechi gets found and exploited by yaldy to do his dirty work
>jun gets a redemption arc to pander to fujos
>akechi will get a redemption arc in p5r to pander to fujos
the issue i have with the hazama comparison is that hazama is the main antagonist. he *becomes* the evil god. in contrast, jun and akechi are just the lower-level puppets of their respective games' evil gods.

Dont forget that the only reason thor didnt nuke the world in the devil summoner and persona timeline its because he became a weeb

I see Akechi as kind of a combination of Jun and Adachi, with slightly more Adachi.

What the fuck is a fujo

It still bugs me that Yu and Joker get to ride off into the sunset scot free with their happy endings while Door is stuck preventing the apocalypse when he ought to be impregnating his heiress waifu

Hazama doesnt become the evil god though, zurvan was just using him as a host to take on lucifer
And even then there are hints that hes only pretending to be the great evil because he really doesnt know how an evil emperor is supossed to act

heterosexual gays

Short for fujoshi. Girl who ships BL. Fucking EOPs/newfags/whatever you are.
They've gone on record saying they wanted something happier after the more serious ending of 3 and because it was successful they kept it mild for 5.

not only that, but p2 also establishes that persona users and devil summoners exist in the same world. tamaki uses a gump to summon demons, and there's a climax theater quest with a guy who uses his guitar as a comp.

That's life. A good ending is just dying the right way.

A boogeyman

I didn't like the ending so much either, I can get behind self sacrifice since it plays into the theme of the game, but I romanced Yukari, yet I gotta spend my last moments with Aigis? Fuck that shit, I worked hard for best lovers girl, she and MC share a lot of interactions in the game together, she should've been the one there, but no, it's just a toaster.
At least in P3P you can choose to have that ending, albeit in an inferior Visual Novel format.

>he chose Yukari

No one can escape time, it delivers us all to the same end. You can't plug your ears and cover your eyes.
t. prison shota

>demons are just personas
>even though the kazunoha clan and devil summoners exist and its established that personas and demons suck at fightings against each other and are not the same thing

Attached: 1550019436678.jpg (249x381, 43K)

That Scene with Labrys thanking her mom
it hurts bros....

I fail to see the conflict between these two details. They both ultimately relate to his brother's death and his sense of inferiority in comparison to him.
It's more about him moving past acting like a fraud and actually trying to become what he pretended he was (in this case, the "Gourmet King")
That's probably the worst part about it, though, I'll agree.

>It's more about him moving past acting like a fraud and actually trying to become what he pretended he was (in this case, the "Gourmet King")
I got it, I mean it's not like it's particularly complex or anything. I'm just saying it would be like if Yosuke's social link ended with him becoming a motor cycle stunt man because he likes to ride his bike sometimes.

adachi isn't really in the same category as the other two. adachi is a sociopathic incel who takes out his bitterness on the world around him by committing horrible crimes, whereas jun and akechi have both been legitmately dealt a bad hand in life and are being manipulated.

getting to be the deity emperor and the final boss is still a bigger deal than jun and akechi, though.

The difference here is that with Nozomi him choosing to become what he did actually does relate back to his core conflict of moving past trying to live up to his brother, as far as I can recall. It's meant to be something that he himself is actually interested in and not just something his brother would have done.

You sound like the people who got personally offended when Joker got shot in P5.

Attached: B1EC7D5B-ADBA-49E3-8B58-A9EF24BD4F6C.jpg (1280x720, 86K)

>adachi isn't really in the same category as the other two.
I completely disagree. Heck, I think that Akechi has way more in common with Adachi than Jun
>Works with the police, is the killer but pretends to be on your side
>Has some kind of grievance with the world that drives them to do their goal
>Willingly goes along with the killings
>Is offered an olive branch by the MC but rejects it
>At the end they acknowledge that maybe they're not so different and that they just wanted what the MC had
Like, they're pretty damn similar.

it still bugs me that atlus is going to revive door-kun someday and still leave tatsuya trapped on the other side.

Oh, you were talking about why people dislike FeMC. Sorry about that.
You're right, most of P3P's criticism comes down to people either disliking turning all of the social aspects into a VN or disliking FeMC because she somehow ruins the themes by not being a blank slate.

Attached: xAGSm1t.png (620x1200, 639K)

That is true, I guess I just never got the impression he'd be good at it. Like Yukari the sentai actress was always kind of weird to me. Or Reiji the steak knife salesman

I refuse to accept that Mitsuru is best girl when she can't land a marin karin and continues to try instead of being supportive or actually attacking

Attached: ineverfeltlike.jpg (1280x720, 50K)

>atlus is going to revive door-kun someday
Atlus has new protagonists to shill, door-kun is irrelevant now. They're only gonna use him for non-canon trash like the dancing shit

I don’t think Akechi is as willing as you think.

Attached: 3954BA09-C56D-46A4-8597-F26C9057A0B1.jpg (3486x3022, 1.99M)

Its ok user, its time, close your eyes.

Attached: .....png (1136x640, 375K)

If they haven't done it by now, they're never going to. Even then, it's likely they'll just release his soul from the seal or something, since his body has long since rotted.

Truly bringing him back in any shape or form would simply be in poor taste.

He says in Shido's palace that he willingly went along with the plan. And this right here is him pretending to be on your side. I mean, dude, this is willfully ignoring stuff.
And plus, what are you suggesting? That even though he went out of his way to get revenge on Shido, it wasn't his choice?

Life is unfair and Nyx is a motherfucking faggot for taking such a promising individual

Attached: 1562789199308.png (1200x800, 684K)

shut the fuck up Morgana I don't wanna go to bed

I actually changed the tactics on my team, so Mitsuru only cast Marin Karin like 2 times for me. And it landed one of those two times.

I start with P3FES, now i played 14 Megaten games.

most P4/5 normalfags don't give a shit about SMT, let's be real here

Yes he started the killings to get on Shido’s good side. But then he was caught and couldn’t get out. Remember when Shido told him to kill a couple people because they POTENTIALLY could get in the way? He didn’t want to do it. But he has to because Shido could just have Akechi be killed when he outlives his usefulness.

Stop trying to grasp superiority over toys user. Though I've only played 10 other Megaten games.

>implying nyx alone is at fault

Based, also started with P3FES
Just started Raidou Vs King Abaddon and its amazing what a 2 year gap can do to improve a game

I can feel you there. Sure, he likes to eat, but that doesn't necessarily mean he'd be a good critic. That being said, I don't think it's too much of a stretch to believe that someone who spent so much of his time eating at as many restaurants as him would perhaps have developed some thoughts on the matter of what's good and what isn't. Definitely less of a stretch than Reiji and Yukari (although in Reiji's case, that is sort of the point.)

>Yes he started the killings to get on Shido’s good side
Well, yeah, that's why I called him willing, dude.
>But then he was caught and couldn’t get out
So according to you, he willingly joined and started killing people, and then he got cold feet (after the murders started) and wanted to leave. Even though nothing in the game supports that.
>Remember when Shido told him to kill a couple people because they POTENTIALLY could get in the way? He didn’t want to do it.
No, he thought that Shido was acting too rash. Akechi still killed those people for Shido regardless, of his own free will.
>But he has to because Shido could just have Akechi be killed when he outlives his usefulness.
Akechi even says in Shido's palace that he specifically doesn't suspect that. That's why he's so shocked when the cognitive Akechi appears and shoots him.

Look man I don't wanna be that guy but it's like you didn't pay attention, or you're projecting things onto the game when they didn't happen

I'm not claiming superiority, it's just the truth at this point. It's a hell of a downgrade going from P5 to Nocturne/SJ for example

Dont expect a good story from raidou 2 user, but the gameplay, music, side cases, and everything else is an improvement

humanity fucks up literally everything in SMT

Just wait until P5R comes around and they’ll use what I said to redeem him. That’s gotta be the only way they can.

To be fair, if you go by the expanded lore of P3, it kind of IS all Nyx's fault. Nyx is a space alien (though it's never said in-game of course) who crashed into the moon and kind of caused shadows, demons and gods to appear. So (according to the expanded P3 lore, once again) Nyx is kind of the cause of EVERYTHING bad in MT lore.

I think the best way for Akechi to be redeemed is honestly for him to just admit his crimes and ask for forgiveness. Maybe turn himself in at the end of the game, testify about Shido.

OP here, i just started playing SMT games, my first being Nocturne. i played Persona because i wanted something more light hearted for a while....and i got unlucky and picked the one Persona game with depressing ending. Made me miss Nocturne since at least its darker tone didnt get me emotionally invested and then fucked my feelings analy

Attached: dc7ad3fed7d2da6d88c017cd607d035b.jpg (600x934, 57K)

are you telling me that the deities behind the world ending phenomena were willed into existence by man?

the raidou games are so much fun. i really wish fatlus would make another

That is way more even than I expected to be honest.

Also since this threas is still alive can you tell me if the devil summoner saga is any good?

If you go by the expanded P3 lore, then gods and demons exist because humanity basically needed something to stop their minds from being completely shattered by Nyx

I dunno, I'd say it's a pretty good ending. Sacrifice endings can definitely be done well, and P3 is a good example of how you can do it that way. Most indie games do them fucking horribly, for an example.

Persona 5 Arena when
with Minato and Demi-fiend on the roster of course

The first one is GOAT, play that one

Play P4, it's about as happy as this series ever gets.

I really liked the end. It was a little bittersweet, but ultimately I got the impression that the MC didn't regret his death at all if it meant saving everyone he loved

Devil summoner or digital devil saga?
Because you can only play in english soul hackers and the raidou duology

again, the difference is in the backstory and the manipulation.
adachi's greivances are honestly pathetic. we're supposed to feel bad for him because his parents cared about his grades in school. he's mad about not getting a promotion, but he expects everyone to just trust him that there wasn't a valid reason for it. he committed horrendous crimes because he was "bored" of living in a small town.
in contrast, jun's mother abused and neglected him and his parents' marriage started falling apart after he was born. he was bullied in school, and lived with the mistaken belief that one of his only friends died in the fire at the alaya shrine. akechi was abandoned by his father at a young age, his mother committed suicide, and he was stuck in the foster care system from an early age. it's not hard to see why they're both fucked up.
adachi isn't manipulated into committing his crimes. he actively chooses to commit them and doesn't show any real remorse until the spinoffs. jun is manipulated by nyarly, who takes the form of both his ideal father and his persona and uses him to help fulfill the oracle of maia. akechi is manipulated by yaldy, who gives him his persona powers, and by shido, who exploits his desperate need for approval by coercing him into helping with the conspiracy. both of them eventually show remorse for their actions and try to make things right. jun joins the party, and akechi sacrifices his life to save the phantom thieves.

>Demi-fiend on the roster of course
considering he could kill literally anyone in the Persona timeline with a single punch I doubt he'd make it in

Depends on what you're looking for
Soulless Army has an amazing story with great characters and an unbeatable setting but the combat is possibly the worst in the series
King Abaddon improves on everything gameplay wise but the story isnt as good
DDS is severely overlooked, play it if you haven't

Attached: 1556345656659.jpg (500x389, 17K)

Gee it's almost like I said this is why Akechi was like Jun and Adachi combined or something

chadsuya would just have apollo use nova kaiser to stop time before the punch could connect.

I dunno really know the difference, i really just wanted to meet Raido since the guy was able to compete with the demi fiend, who was able to defeat even an aspect of god and herd that he is from that line of games
Thx
Whats so bad about soulless saga's combat?
Im doing that right now

>We're supposed to feel bad for Adachi
I have no idea how you got that impression.

but jun and adachi are polar opposites, and akechi is clearly more on jun's end of the spectrum than adachi's. his similarities with adachi begin and end with the fact that they're both detectives who commit crimes.

Metis flat out tells you he didn't regret it, we know they don't regret because they knew what was happening to them and what doing what they did meant, they chose to protect the world their friends live in of their own will. It's why they floated up to Nyx in the first place and blocked Erebus from touching it .

>The first one is GOAT, play that one

Attached: words that would hurt me the most.jpg (500x476, 60K)

You didn't get it.

Soulless Army is an Action RPG instead of turn based like pretty much every megaten game before it. Unfortunately Atlus didn't know how to adapt such gameplay into a megaten title
Every attack has horrible end lag, enemies knock you away CONSTANTLY and you have no form of gap closer, demon AI is incredibly shit, combat zone is the size of a closet, enemies can gang up on you and obscure Raidou, leaving the player fucking clueless as to where they are, and loads more.
Ultimately the combat becomes a grind where youre pressing square until the demon dies and healing after the fact since demons have fuckhuge mana pools for some reason. Like I said 2 fixes all of this.
Slogging through the combat is worth it for that story though, so I'd recommend it

Attached: 1556424103634.png (359x258, 121K)

raidou 1's combat isn't that terrible imo, but 2 is a huge improvement

I can smell the onions emanating from this post.

Spoiler but that's basically every god/deity in modern persona.

Shinji literally exists to fuel Aki and Ken's developments so just because Chidori happens to be a girl that means it's bad?

What about 2's story? Is a stand alone plot or do i need to know what happened in the previous game

Welcome to the Anita Sarkeesian school of narrative "criticism."

It's its own story but you're missing out if you don't have Raidou 1 save data at the very least.
They make callbacks to the first game but ultimately it stands on its own.
Id say at least give 1 a try before deciding to skip it. I give the combat a ton of grief but a lot of anons have said in the past that it's not that bad so maybe you'll be one of those lot

Attached: 1481174144998.png (328x330, 227K)

If you don't want to slog through the combat of the first, just download cheats so you can blaze through any combat you encounter.

I really shouldn't be staying up this late but it's gonna bother me if I don't interject. 10.4 is one of the most underdeveloped parts of p3 and it took several art/fanbooks and drama cds to flesh it out even a miniscule amount, but Shinji's role at large is overshadowed by his part in October. Without him Ken would be dead, Akihiko would be adrift, and the support he gave early SEES helped build the foundation for what it later became. Just because his actions were pivotal for specific characters doesn't mean it's all he is.

do you even MEMENTO MORI you dumbass?
the whole point of the game is find value in life, and live it to its fullest even if you have limited time, because "remember that you're mortal"

Attached: 1549478392315.png (320x314, 109K)

getting stuck as a door strikes me more as a "fate worse than death" kind of situation. Thanks Igor, you fucking faggot

The only thing that I hated was the pistol shooting three times every time but it was stylish as fuck and that music was so good too

Attached: 1557571793559.png (345x345, 163K)

Do you think the movie did the fight with strega and the nyx avatar better?
youtube.com/watch?v=30R_5SEWBlI

Actually the MC lost his both parents

because the whole point of the game was learning to deal with loss through forging bonds and meaningful relationships with people you fucking mongoloid. not every jrpg has the waifu bathhouse wish fufilment ending

the entire 4th movie is pure fucking kino

For the past part yeah; the biggest issue though was having their persona evolutions be a mid battle power up shounen style though. And fuck up the order of the final battle support lines but that's just me being butthurt.

Meanwhile Persona 4 gets this shit
youtube.com/watch?v=RdlXekUHtGA
and this garbage
youtube.com/watch?v=KtxTgcGqjlo

Shit thread.

Attached: 1548897833926.png (1842x601, 144K)

I liked it when Burn My Dread final battle version actually sounded cool unlike in real P3.

Bitch I know you did not just shittalk the last battle ver of burn my dread. Future arrangement is good but last battle is god tier.

Not when it gets overshadowed by literally sped up Aria of the Soul

and then Persona 5 has
>effin shitty adults
for 100 hours

quickest way to spot a shitposter who hasn't played it.

I disagree. I feel like the emptiness behind LJs rapping/beats kind of exacerbates the atmosphere and intensity of the fight.

>all you have to do is shoot the Demiurge in the face with a magnum and then humanity will change their slothful nature bro

I want to fuck the robot

Attached: tumblr_peyq954gln1vi2f7go1_1280.jpg (1000x1435, 305K)

I love Yukari!~

Attached: IloveYukari.webm (1280x720, 1.13M)

>all you have to do is seal death itself and humanity will be saved forever and never need the fall again

Ive played it, just because in the last 5 hours the phantom thieves go maybe all adults arent that bad doesnt change the stupid ass plot for the other 95 hours

Are you a idiot ? Joker literally had more adults helping him that adult targets

I think I forgot but wasn't another fall inevitable, as in with the MC being a seal until it happens again

DELETE THIS

Attached: R-1920996-1358754094-4378.jpeg.jpg (300x298, 17K)

No!

Attached: angry.png (442x519, 175K)

I think not, Elizabeth says something like that he will be the seal till humanity stops existing

DELETE IT NOW GODDAMIT OR YOURE GOING TO FICKING GET IT

YA HEAR HEAR ME

Attached: limp+wrist+2018.jpg (1000x800, 149K)

>what? the p1 cast already fought nyx and it only took three more games for another fall to happen again? j-just ignore that! door-kun and p3 good, rest of series bad!

Attached: Dh_geRIXkAA58vU.jpg (600x420, 30K)

Bring it on you fool.

Attached: n.png (185x206, 64K)

Why is Aigis best girl and get the best art?

Attached: 1562420734099.png (416x412, 147K)

Because she's the creator's pet. And that's a good thing.

i like how yukri is pissed at aigis in the answer beacuse of that.

pretty much.

hell, just fished persona q2 and the final boos god only exist beacuse humanity willed it so. killing her will do fuck all since humanity will just wish her back.

Yup, all these demons you fight come from there too

The only confusing thing for me is like why you can fight more than 1 of the same demon at the same time, does people believe more than 1 of that deity/god/Pyro Jack whatever exists or is it another thing ?

You have to see it in a more abstract way, a certain demon may be created over and over again, scattered through the CU
This also means if everyone workshipped jack frost he would become the strongest thing ever

Q2 was a good crossover game and I don't know why anyone would dislike it when it doesn't contradict anything.

Oh i get it now

You'll enjoy persona 4 then it actually has a happy ending. But to answer your question the entire theme of the story is DEATH and how humans cope it. From overcoming fear of death, to dealing with loneliness, you the MC must make the ultimate choice sacrifice in the face of death to save your fellow man. That was the story you lived you loved, is there not one person in your life you would sacrifice your life for? The MC loved his friends and the world his ultimate persona was Messiah for fucks sake.

it's more Personafag's first dose of Multiverses that have been a thing in SMT time.

Akechi Goro = Jun Kurosu + Tatsuya Sudo with Reiji Kido background

>Game about accepting Death and not living in fear of it
>Why can't you cheat death tho?

>Why can't you cheat death tho?
Junpei and Chidori cheat

>Game about accepting Death
Don't going against Nyx cause you don't want to die against that?

Except she didn't and thats why junpei isn't the hero but yo are
Yes but when you stared it at it, you knew that was impossible and the best you could hope for was a personal sacrifice.

>Except she didn't and thats why junpei isn't the hero but yo are
Of course she does, she revives Junpei then her flowers 'revive' her

What games let me give the middle finger to fate and death?

Attached: Kot+part+2_e55aab_6354644.jpg (1200x851, 115K)

No she's dead FES states this.

She is confirmed alive again in P4U, Junpei's necklace from that game is a gift from her and he also dreams in marrying her

Wario Land I guess?
In those games Wario doesn't die because he doesn't want to, which is pretty fucking based

Attached: 1556774541662.png (804x768, 544K)

oh shit really?

He could have had the necklace prior, and dreams are unreliable. Chidori isn't mentioned at all outside of that dream.

Yes
She never gave it to him in P3, he would have at least said something in the answer i guess, also dreaming to marry a dead girl would be strange

Not really, dreams are a random mess of consciousness. The necklace could have happened off screen. Chidori's situation is still up to the player's interpretation.