Invented Stealth Espionage genre

>invented Stealth Espionage genre
>invented Strand genre
>still people call him a hack
What does he have to do to be acknowledged as a great game director?

Attached: bas.jpg (750x906, 342K)

a platformer

????

*COUGH*

Attached: 58196-survival-kids-game-boy-color-front-cover.jpg (800x806, 232K)

Until we get more footage then the "Strand" genre will just be a meaningless buzzword and it makes kojima sound pretentious.

this game will strand your balls alright

Kojima utterly btfo

He made a platformer, called Penguin Adventure.

He's implying that Metal Gear Solid was the first ever stealth espionage game.

So he's making a walking simulator that incorporates some player to player signalling like Nier or Souls messages.

>Solid
I'm retarded. Just Metal Gear.

>What does he have to do to be acknowledged as a great game director?
he has to stop being a fake and do something that's genuinely impressive without the help of sony's massive marketing team

This game is going to be a genuine 40 on metacritic.

I can invent genres too! How about rhythm racing, where you have to tap the floor in tune of eurobeat to drive the car.

Anyone can make a genre by throwing names and concepts together, but that doesn't mean they're a great designer.

Except Dark Souls already did it

TM

>not competent enough to develop actual combat so you need to hide or get instagibbed
>call it stealth
IT WAS A NEW GENRE
>you could fight back in MGS4
>suddenly stealth didn't even matter anymore
Wow the limitations of the engine were relieved from the player.

Sounds Solid to me.

Attached: 1513724489928.jpg (829x776, 89K)

Can't wait for the strand game tag on steam so I can filter that bullshit.

Mario isn't a platformer
It actually belongs to a genre called "mushroom leaping"

Ah the old mushroom leaping genre, a classic

He is so fucking full of shit

From what he's already described, it sounds like "strand" just means "Dark Souls-esque online where you can leave messages/send items/see how other people died." If that's true, it's not only not new at all, but actually more limited than other games that have been doing the same thing for nearly a decade.

yeah but like, what other game is part of Stealth Espionage genre?

Tenchu
>invented Strand genre
Marketing bullshit.

What is Pac-Man?

Hopefully this creepy game strands so Kojima gets a reality check.

>tfw kojima makes plebs absolutely seethe no matter what he does

Attached: 1497150915969.png (600x600, 391K)

the best thing is that he knows, hes the most based

It's great. The most based.

he lives rent-free in every Yea Forumsirgins head

Attached: CM4rjAxW8AESqVZ.jpg (592x394, 45K)

Splinter Cell. Immediately off the top and I don't even play those games.

>strand genre
Gameplay is your basic 3rd person action-adventure game. The strand shit is most likely some shitty online component that affects your game when someone else dies in real time and vice versa. It's just gonna be some gimmicky mechanic that will ultimately be the games biggest crutch. Just like the open world in MGS V

>think you can escape me, baka-gajin? you WILL rike it.

Attached: kojama.jfif.png (828x1792, 1.51M)

I'm just speculating but I think he's saying it so people don't have any kind of expectations and unfairly compare it to other games.
He doesn't want people thinking it's like a previous game he did, or to expect that. If he labels it then people won't go into with an open mind and will have certain expectations.

isn't there already a similar game?

wasn't it cause, the MSX-software wasn't good enough to show nonstop action like Kojima imagined it?

Literally can just mention him in passing in a post about something entirely unrelated and get angry replies about him. I don't understand why he triggers so many but I definitely enjoy it.

I've literally never heard Kojimbo speak... Does he even speak English?

itsl iterally just going to be something like "reconnect x things together to win the game", it wont be anything gimmiky or over the top, stop speculating too much or you might fry your pea brain

He didn't.
>invented Strand genre
What does this even mean?

the game isnt out yet, it might be boring

No. Refn said all their conversations required an interpreter or maybe a translator, I always mix up those two jobs.

I fried my tiny pea dick in your mom's hot ass bitch

no

>stop speculating too much
>speculates even more
What did he mean by this?

...you are not gonna buy more kojimbo games, right?

An arcade game.

Tha's probably something different. I don't think Kojimbo is dumb enough to claim he invented a new genre but it's just a ds ripoff.

>speculates even more
kojima literally told us what the game is going to be, i didnt speculate shit im just telling you what he told us

>interpreter or maybe a translator, I always mix up those two jobs.
thers a difference?

>haha how could anyone dislike this guy he's just le master trole
he's a japanese peter molyneux at this point and the reason he pisses people of is there's a bunch of shitters like you who don't see that yet because mommy bought you a PS4 instead of an xbox

Kojima can now be medically diagnosed with having his head up his ass.

lmao seething

something about only being able to have a couple enemies on screen at a time
can't remember if it was kojimbo's idea or the guy he replaced to make it a stealth game to compensate

i could boil some eggs with this post

>post about how it's funny that just mentioning him makes people mad
>proceeds to get mad
It's like an unlimited supply of laughs.

Kojimbo is so full of himself i'd love to see his movie game flop hard

Is Kojimbo actually claiming he invented stealth games? Or is he claiming that adding bosses to stealth game makes it new genre?

>Metal Gear: 1987
>Castle Wolfenstein: 1981

Attached: serveimage.jpg (1920x1200, 171K)

mgs is a third person shooter
ds is a third person shooter
boktai is a jrpg

they have neat gimmicks but aint new

based Kojima inventing the stealth genre even after other stealth games had been made

>konami
The cherry on top.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!1111!!!!2
HOW COULD BASED KOJIMA LIE TO ME?!?!?/11/

I can't wait for this game to fail miserably and kojima to fall flat on his face. That smug bastard takes full credit of other people's hardwork.

>haha u mad
proving my point
you fags are so thirsty for console exclusives you have to eat no matter what he squeezes out of his asshole

you proved that youre seething

Attached: drones.png (774x594, 20K)

RENT FREE

Holy shit just release the game or show gameplay you autist. We know literally nothing about the fucking thing and the more you spout about how amazing it's going to be the more I doubt it will.

>game turns out to be just like mgsv
>kojidrones defend it anyway

MGS1-3 were flukes. Well directed, tight, and most of all FUN stealth games rich with mechanics where the story was long and stupid, but secondary to the overall experience.

Everything fell apart when he tried to make the trite, incomprehensive plots of the first three games make some actual sense, and the series became more-and-more story driven with more streamlined gameplay because he became more interested in telling a story than making a good game.

It's like when George Lucas directed the prequels and he decided that minute details and answering questions nobody ever asked were more important than having fun and respecting the originals.

SEriously WTF is the strand system? I know it has to be something more than Souls style messages since not even Kojima has his head up his ass far enough to claim he invented a well known mechanic from a decade ago

That's not a genre, dipshit. That's like saying a super nintendo game.

>he le based cuz he makes ppl angry XD
Truly the Randy Pitchford of our generation. Also you're a disgusting fuck and that "based" shit is like a mating call for autists.

Metal Gear
>i invented stealth games! (except that didn't really happen)
Looking Glass Studios
>has yet to have a single stealth game dev make an engine as snazzy as Thief's Dark Engine and some boomers are still making mod maps for it to this day even (just like Doom still gets WADs to this day)
really though Kojimbo is probably referencing some Cloud-based faggotry in the mechanics like "users can leave messages to each other" or "the end credit reel will be messages other players wrote and you shoot the messages and then your game save file deletes itself" which he'll be incorporating in the game that has also already been done before.

Kojima Productions trademarked the name and I guess Reedus said it has some elements of social media and reconnecting people so most likely it's a mechanic that makes you connect to as much people as you can or some dumb shit that forces you to be online all the time. Probably if you're not a facebook or instagram whore or a shitty games journalist you won't care for it.

It is, same with mobile games.

Beyond delusional.
I used to think the movie credits were just Kojima expressing his love for film not himself.

Not kill a successful franchise because mismanagement of fund and his own boner for 3D

>invented Strand genre
He's figuratively talking out his and it's gonna be stupid

I'm still not entirely sure what Strand genre is meant to entail but from what I understand didn't Journey basically do that?

And Dark Souls if you really think about it?

>>invented Stealth Espionage genre
>Tenchu

How to spot a sonybabby

Watch it be a version of the Zapping System, where players give other players items or gear by placing them on locations in the open world for other players who on the same server to find, but losing them for themselves in order to help other "Stranded". Like a helpful version of the Vagrant System from DS1.

Attached: Gameplay obfuscation.jpg (500x556, 63K)

seeing something that isnt wojak is surprisingly refreshing regardless of context

good work user

>Strand games
Kojima speak for cooperative time travel. Literally nothing.

Attached: 1557437562975.jpg (888x900, 150K)

DEDICATED PISSING BUTTON

Reminder that when Kojima still held power in Konami, due to his star status, the man pushed for more 3D game, leading to the side-lining of titles like Castlevania. The mismanagement of fund too, is why Castlevania never has proper funding for the last few years of its life. Kojima doesn't like 2D games because 3D is technology or at least that's what people said. Then he pushed for the 3D Castlevania Lord of Shadow before getting bored of the franchise affectively killing it off. Years later the same thing happened to him and Konami pulled his fund. The cycle is complete and he suffered the same fate all the other 2D game devs did when he was the hot thing

>What does he have to do to be acknowledged as a great game director?
He has to become a strand user.

Stop mismanaging fund

Kojima has come to make an announcement.

>social media
It's shit.

Attached: brains.jpg (888x900, 201K)

What's ironic though is that the very nature of the PS4 online network cripples this very message since access to online play is paywalled so if you want to receive Kojima's "message" you'll need to at minimum pay $30 just to hear some sappy message about "talk to other people." Modern online profit schemes absolute contradict any potential for a meaningful message to be conveyed via online play.

Much better.

I remember jerking off to this game when I was 10.

so he's been playing wind waker on wiiu?

This. Ive lost all respect for practically anything that is primarily tied to an online component in the age of le paid online

Postal 2 did it years ago

This is what I think when I hear about this "connective narrative experience." I just think 'Oh great another game that doesn't actually deliver a complete experience unless I pony up for some shit network service.'

STRANDS.

Attached: gHpRZUyv8J6h-nwfumIOQF42PaEAQ_ZA41FtWzEcR5Y.jpg (1125x1600, 200K)

This means PC will be the definitive version of the game.

I somehow doubt that is happening. Sony is giving a lot of resources on this project and I think it doesn't carry the exclusive monicker on the box just because it is grey and Kojima's studio is playing it safe by not promising anything. Sort of like how it was up in the air if Yakuza 0 was exclusive or not.

the first 2 wolfensteins were utter shyite though

just like how FPS's was invented by wolf3d, despite it not being first, it simply was the first one that just worked and was good

This

That's not stealth espionage though.

If that's the extent of it, I'm guessing there'll be a few surprises but it's too early to tell.

People laugh at Randy Pitchford.
Yea Forums starts spewing pure anger when Kojima is mentioned.