holy fuck
youtu.be/veuP3icch5w

Attached: 39494.jpg (1925x994, 1.41M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=qqVJ4LUpIV0
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

where have you been
that was already in the 3DS version

>mfw they still didn't bother animating the enemy sprites.

Annoyed the fuck out of me in the 3DS version.

forgot my face

Attached: 1350569467325.gif (219x150, 2.15M)

Boy user you are like 2 years too slow for this post.

>symphonic soundtrack

how'd they get that jew composer to okay it

>What is money for 500 alex

It's not even new, it's copypasted from 3DS version which was JP only.

They did it to make it consistent with the nu-ports of 3 which also removed animated sprites for some reason.

Same as with 3DS and PS2, they paid him extra.
A jew will agree to literally everything as long as he gets shekels.

Attached: slowpokee.png (393x550, 331K)

I don't know much about this series, but I'm curious: Does this demake mode work 1:1 with the 3D mode? Like, is the actual game designed on some kind of grid? If so, that's pretty sweet, that you can seamlessly go between one and the other without any real changes to the gameplay.

>2D mode has random encounters
Can you swap back and forth? Symbol encounters sucked ass in DQIX (compounded by the tedious amount of grinding you needed to do in that game) and I imagine they are no better in DQXI.

What is the actual point of a feature like this outside of "Wow look so retro"
Like who's going to play in this mode for more than 5 minutes?
No matter how little dev time this took, it was a waste

Yes, you can switch between the 3D and 2D mode at any time, which was also the gimmick for the Japanese exclusive 3DS version.

>No animation on monster sprites.
Everything else looks dope AF.

I know you can do that, but I'm asking if it affects the gameplay in any significant way. Like, does it change the layout of the maps, like changing the scale, or anything? Like if you had something that split your inputs between both versions, would the exact same things be happening in both versions for the entire game?

You can't do that outside of the prologue or something. After that your have too either select which you want to play at the start of the chapter or at church maybe

>What is the actual point of a feature like this outside of "Wow look so retro"
That was the point
>Like who's going to play in this mode for more than 5 minutes?
Me
>No matter how little dev time this took, it was a waste
Zoom Zoom

>Playing in an objectively inferior mode for nostalgia
Boom Boom

>Purely subjective aesthetics can be objectively superior or inferior in any way
Don't you have some tide pods you should be eating?

Attached: 1562633438909.jpg (704x904, 101K)

wrong it has to be done from an inn

>Thinking the superiority of high resolution imagery at conveying ideas and allowing for more fluid movement through gamespace is subjective

>MORE PIXELS MAKE IT BETTER GUYS I SWEAR
user, I like the newer graphics more, but you're still a fucking mongoloid.

Literally to tie it into the DQ3 Remaster on Mobile/3DS/PS4 that uses the same assets and also doesn't have animated monster sprites.
Why tie in? Because DQ11 is a direct prequel to DQ3.

But is the 3DS low poly graffix lost in time?

No, just stuck on 3DS in Japanese-only.
Better learn Nipponese.

It literally does
Say what you want about art direction and what have you, but having more resolution to work with is inherently better for more accurately capturing the detail of and portraying the artist's vision

nintentoddlers are this retarded

What a disappointment. The 3DS version also emulated each games original graphics for the most part. So DQ I for example actually was in NES graphics. DQ VII used the 3DS remake graphics, XI emulated the NDS looks, etc.

It's really not that great. The cutscenes were obviously designed with 3D in mind, so they look rather poorly in the 2D mode and a lot of information is lost.

What are you even talking about

Great, so when's the definite edition hitting PC?

From the looks of this trailer and previous trailers the entire visiting older worlds stuff is in the normal 2D mode.
The worlds in the 3DS version looked like this: youtube.com/watch?v=qqVJ4LUpIV0

Dragon Quest VII, VIII, IX, and X have 16-bit worlds recreated for them now. They also ditched the 8-bit worlds for Dragon Quest I-IV. That's new content.

That's how classic 2d dragon quest was.

Oh cool
yeah quite a shame

Granted they're going to be reusing assets from the sprite based remakes of I-IV, and VII as well, but at least IV and especially VII won't have that ugly 2D & 3D mix anymore that PS1 DQVII had.