Dota Underlords already below daily 100k playerbase

OH NO NO NO NO

AHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHA

Artifact 2.0 confirmed.

What's wrong Valve? Can't cash in on fads like you used to?

Attached: dota underlords a flop confirmed.jpg (1607x867, 161K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GOOzL2Jyk_s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

they probably spent $20 making the game

what the hell is dota underlords?

I have literally never heard of this before.

Steamcels BTFO

>Trying this hard

It's better than tft
not that it means much both are garbage

youtube.com/watch?v=GOOzL2Jyk_s

When the tft general dies before underlords general, you know how bad things are.

At least they dont crunch their employees.

>more people watching your competition than playing your game.

Attached: 35815010_1847312095562616_7302524673374289920_o.jpg (2047x1549, 362K)

OP based as fug

Attached: 1562613687159.png (680x352, 171K)

Autochess was a, mobile game even when it wasn't. There is barely any strategy involved and even if you're good a complete retard can beat you from just being lucky.

>make TWO atrocious games IN A ROW
>still BTFOs epic chink store
how does he do it bros?

Attached: robogaben_uwu.png (720x718, 479K)

But /vg/ has a tft general?

>It still has a five-digit population and sits in the top 10

What the fuck? Are we just this eager to shit on Underlords that we'll take a dip like this as proof? Most games fucking wish they ever reached 100k.

There's nothing wrong with rightfully shitting on Valve for chasing the auto chess trend, but wait for some actual falls first.

>this thread again
>word for word
>same image
>dailop's just farming for easy you's at this point

Valve needs actual bosses and fast. The whole "do whatever you want" approach has basically killed them.

Were never going to get any good games or anything of interest again because no one wants to be the one to actually start it.

It's why HL3 and all of their other hit franchises are now dead.

Go to bed Gaben.

They're still winning, and are not concerned about the chinkoids

to be fair the game probably cost less than 100k to produce

i give the author an a for trying

Not for long if they don't get their act together. Epic will probably take over soon.

You have to be a soulless chink to enjoy autochess games.

Still more than TF2

Pretty much this.

This is the same concept as
>GAME GOT A 8.5 SCORE FUCKING PATHETIC HAHAHAAAAAAA SEETHING DEAD ON ARRIVAL CRINGE CRINGE CRINGE ONIONS ONIONS

there are no games on epic store and there aren't many users either, PR-wise they're only getting shit. Tim Sweeney is cucked

>Epic will probably take over soon.
How?

the game and genre itself is just too simple
sure its fun to mess around with for a bit but the game is just way too easy, it gets boring because theres no challenge after a while
you just do the same thing and rng decides the rest
i got to big boss somewhat early on then quit

I hope you at least get paid to shitpost.

Attached: autism.png (1154x833, 314K)

epic games is probably fucked as soon as fortnite money dries up. their plan of beating steam is completely nonsensical.

>"let's focus on getting devs instead of consumers"
>except devs naturally want to use a platform that guarantees them the most sales, like steam
>"let's offer them a bigger cut"
>which won't matter because the games won't sell enough
>"let's offer to pay for the first 500,000 sales from our own pocket as insurance"
>which means the devs will be likely to abandon the project as soon as possible, in a time when everyone else treats a game as a form of service that gets constant updates and maintenance

so the end result is that they're trying to get devs with a strategy that devs don't care about, and they're throwing consumers under the bus all the while they're doing it because they're so dead set on their awful console wars bullshit strategy that everyone hates. and sweeney todd himself acts like an unlikeable, uncharismatic and downs-inflicted version of trump on twitter, essentially causing hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of PR damage simply by tweeting out his whimsical bouts of retardation every day. it would've been nice to see valve brought down a peg but holy shit fuck off epic

>Epic will probably take over soon.
lmao this fucking delusion

How? OP is using metrics taken by Steam. He needs Steam for this thread. I think you mean Valve, retard.

Maybe this will make them focus on their other IPs. Dota is only popular because retards are hooked to it for some reason.

It literally started off with a bigger average player count than Dota 2. The problems will be if it won't be as good in 5 months from now on.

Attached: 582c2cd8983d06004405af1b.jpg (722x455, 78K)

from a few friends in the industry I know that epic has essentially put several games in the black before release.Its fantastic for devs since they get to call a game successful before it even launches, but its so horribly unsustainable its laughable. Fortnite money can only go so far before the next fad sweeps everything away and epic is left with angry tencent overlords wondering how they spent everything on a horrific storefront in a saturated market

Attached: 1511504185929.gif (296x296, 2.01M)

Now let's see how Underlords compares to Artifact

Attached: 1d4dd528fd732919d7395bb879dad6d4.jpg (737x626, 101K)

Dota 2 also was closed beta in 2012. People bought beta keys in November for 30+ dollars a piece, all the way until november of the next year. where they were selling for 10-12 dollars each

Oh yeah, I forgot about that cause I got one for free.

I wish you could still shit on Valve's dumbass attempts at chasing trends without bringing in all the obnoxious epic shills
Shartifart general was fucking magic

Attached: 1540996461571.png (358x328, 258K)

it's kinda funny because you can find obscure and arguably worse games with higher playercounts than that. artifact is a rare case of a game with negative popularity, where people explicitly don't want to play it because of its infamy

>Its fantastic for devs since they get to call a game successful before it even launches, but its so horribly unsustainable its laughable

it seems so easy to abuse their policy. just make a good-looking asset flip and trick epic games into giving you a couple of million for it and then dump the project entirely. they can't do shit about it either. even if they force you into some kind of contract where you have to provide updates for the game, you can just make superficial additions with a skeleton crew until the time is up.

and it's not like you have to really set out to do this, either. if your game sells badly, and you realize it would take $500,000 to fix it and you already got paid, where's the incentive to actually fix it? you're only paying money out of your own pocket to make profit for epic. makes more sense to move onto a different project entirely.

If only their games received a fraction of the attention Steam receives
It's pretty obvious due to the new Steamlabs some people at Valve actually cared about the whole ''Steam sitting on their laurels'' claims.
Its very funny though how they go on just working to show how hopelessly behind EGS is instead of saying anything or acknowledging it.

Means literally nothing my man
Dota 2 was a revival of a beloved game, people were salivating over it, a literal stroke of genius by Valve.
Underlords is stale trendchasing no matter how good it is, Valve used to be at the forefront of game design, that is clearly gone now.

Let's see
>Be riot
>Finally make new game
>Pay hundreds of streamers to stream it and shill the shit out of it
Or
>Be Valve
>Finally make new game
>Dont pay streamers
I wonder what would get popular

the game is just too shallow to hold attention
it would be like someone trying to make a successful checkers video game
sure you might bring in some casuals who play it on their phone occasionally but no one can play it seriously

I don't think a shitty game would get people playing if more people showed off how shit the game is live.

more like
>be riot
>make easy trendy game with a League skin over it and add some RNG
>get already established fan-base and stream viewers on board
or
>be valve
>make harder trendy game with a Dota skin over it and add some depth
>get already established fan-base and more hardcore players involved

>Underlords
>Hard
>Harder than either league's version or the original autochess
kek
Pulling a pachinko lever isn't hard boyo, and the only people that play underlords/autochess are the retards too frustrated by being stuck at 3k MMR for years in dota 2 and wanted a game without any real strategy they could pretend to play happily with their rotting brains like a current generation version of mahjong for westerners

it has strategy, its just not very complex
its a solved game

>wasting so much time in this place that you know which threads were posted again
lmao at your life

>its a solved game
proofs?

>He shills for China
>For free
I bet you shit on EGS, too.

Apex Legends got the paid streamer treatment and it dropped in popularity eventually. But I guess Riot and Valve fans have a different take on customer loyalty than Battle Royal zoomers. Dota fans in particular barely care about any games outside of Dota in the first place.

cope harder dotard