EVO FINALS ORDER

SFV BTFO
TEKKEN CHADS JUST KEEP WINNING
SMASH CLOSING = EARLY SLEEP THANK GOD

Attached: Capture+_2019-07-22-11-26-28.png (1032x902, 170K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1152977536176934912
youtubemultiplier.com/5d35ed462eafc-the-most-hype-fighting-game-in-the-world.php
old.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/c8d4aq/mr_wizard_poll_which_game_should_be_the_final/
old.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/c8d4wd/mr_wizard_posted_a_poll_asking_for_which_sunday/
old.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/c8en5g/vote_for_tekken_to_close_out_evo_2019/
old.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/c8enmi/evo_sundays_final_game_slot_poll_from_wiz/
twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1146127463300210688
youtube.com/watch?v=yQQm2vLmS58
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/c8jhcc/smashers_are_harassing_and_threatening_an_actual/
twitter.com/EVO/status/1153364393591070722
youtube.com/watch?v=lC2NF2FBlfU
youtu.be/uO0YOCdIvQo
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

HAHA SMASHFAGS BTFO

>tfw europoor

east coast tournaments finish super late over here let alone nevada

>Early sleep Saturday after watching UNIST/FigtherZ/SamSho Finals
Fucking nice. Is EVO next week? I really have no idea.

Attached: 1529750867702.gif (247x338, 2.34M)

why the fuck is bbtag on sunday, it had the lowest entrants

>BBTAG sunday
What the fuck?

>that NIP money for EVO Japan

>600 entrants BBTag gets a Sunday spot

Attached: 1543654319387.gif (320x213, 1.4M)

next friday my dude

And people still think EVO isn't 100% corporate shilling

Are they seriously closing on Smash? What a fucking joke

1. BBTag's meta is EXTREMELY fast, meaning Top 8 will be over quick and allow the other 3 games to go long if need be
2. Running anime games in the morning is so Japan can watch live
3. ArcSys needs a Sunday presence so they can announce Granblue shit or whatever the fuck else, and FighterZ wouldn't have the above benefit of being very quick to run

So when is EVO anyway?

ASW bought the slot for announcements, and is a courtesy slot for Japanese viewers.

They wanna show off their next big title and paid for the slot obviously

>tekkenchads just keep winning!
>by having less entrants than SFV...

cope

I fucking happy about uni being on saturday. That means I got the whole sunday for games.

>f.....fuck yeah bros n...now we get to sleep early!!!
textbook cope. evo is ours now, fgcucks

Oh boy I cant wait for fucking super pantyshot in-birth XXXth fighter vol.1 that will be immediately replaced with super pantyshot in-birth XXXth fighter vol.Xtreme! in 6 months

Too late to take the full weekend off I guess. I get overloaded with streams EVO weekend every year anyway, I'll catch what I can and leave it at that; being East Coast means I'll be able to see the Finals because I generally work mornings.

wrong developers

>have to stay up to watch the 4 in the morning Granblue stream for versus stuff, then get up to head down to the stadium for Crosstag just to see what ASW will announce when it easily could just be the same Granblue trailer from the stream
Jesus I’m ready to get my balls crush it seems

Whatever, all anime games are the same

SFV is an anime game

>he fell for the frenchbread money meme
that aint it chief

Attached: 1561042680498.jpg (470x470, 41K)

SC^ should've been a Sunday game. Fuck BBTAG it deserves nothing but contempt.

lol

Attached: 124544847563544.png (1440x933, 251K)

*stretches arms* ahhhhhhhhhh, save the best for last, eh lads?

Where's DOA6?

yup! can't wait to end off the excitement of evo with the most exciting gameplay it'll have to offer :)

>TEKKEN 7 ==> SMASH
which smash is gonna be first tho?

it was never announced to be at evo

Tekken got placed ahead of Sleep Fighter, it already destroyed it.

Attached: laughingwhores.png (450x401, 476K)

Bro...

I'm honestly pretty hyped that we are going to get the big SFV news/update at a reasonable time. I don't mean that as an ironic dig at other games, it's great that Tekken and Smash are doing well, but I couldn't even stay up for SFV finals last year it was so late.

>UNIST & BBTAG are going on during my early work shift
Man, fuck that, that’s some bullshit. At least the DBFagZ will take forever with their shit & let me catch Samsho in full.
>SFV now second game of Sunday
Wouldn’t be surprised if it lost its big ESPN broadcast to boot either.

Attached: 7CF53D63-2808-403D-ABEE-F453F9A6AF80.jpg (1024x512, 42K)

>I couldn't even stay up for SFV finals last year it was so late
I feel like this happens a lot with FGC events lately. Being the closing game is no longer desirable because everything goes so late even when Smash is AWOL. EVO has is especially rough since it's always held on the west coast.

put UNIST and Babbytag and DBFZ in the trash and work on a new GG Arc sys

Attached: 790740b503582a622389fd6977d17298.jpg (1070x1430, 180K)

finally after 30 years i can watch sf evo finals at normal hour. thank you god

Just imagine if we get something like this in EVO twitter.com/jiyunaJP/status/1152977536176934912

What are you guys watching? Or are you gonna be there?
Also, what announcements (if any) are you expecting or hoping for from everyone?

Attached: DjoHEo_UwAEYZlH.jpg (795x1117, 246K)

Can't stop the BBT

>all the comments how people can go to bed early after tekken
fuck smash

Attached: 1468265231297.gif (700x285, 3.38M)

> Everyone else "Oh noes Street Fighter isn't the final game"
>Me "Thank God an EVO weekend where I can go to bed on Sunday at a reasonable time."

>SFV ==> TEKKEN 7
And all was right with the world.

yea it's fucking great after so many years

Everyone knows Tekken is the real main event. But man, I feel sorry for everyone stuck in that building when it's just the smelly Trash players left.

Who gives a fuck about tekken?

juggalos and koreans

>Who gives a fuck about tekken?
high iq players

What will people's excuse be when Smash is the last game and still gets the highest viewer count?

everyone will be sleeping when smash starts

Cope

koreans

So UNI is first? I hope it's not on too early. I don't want to wake up at like 10 am to watch it.

He deserved that

why is it crystal?

read again

sorry I meant first on Saturday

>BBTAG on Sunday instead of UNIST
God damn it

Attached: 1526777155276.jpg (600x601, 50K)

>Johnny Gear Elphelator 3

nice, this is the first time ive gone since like 2014, but it will be the first time ive stayed for sunday. Looking forward to seeing sf5 and tekken 7 live.

>UNIST Saturday
>BBTAG Sunday
BBTAG is the superior game. Unist is trash.

>smash is last
how late do you guys think it'll finish

I'm glad since that means I didn't have to pay extra money to go see it on sunday.

>SamSho last on Saturday after DBFZ

We're going to have to wait until midnight to watch SamSho, aren't we?

SEA and East Asia definitely do care.

>Smash is the highlight of the tournament
>trying to spin this as a win for you fags
The fucking cope.

Yeah SFV bros, RISE UP

Hey where is everyone going?

Attached: 1552153179720.jpg (2126x404, 105K)

>Wouldn’t be surprised if it lost its big ESPN broadcast to boot either.
Hasn't had it for a while

>tfw don't care about any of the sunday games
I miss when fighting games were good

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

WHAT THE FUCK HAPPENED?!?!???

THIS WAS SUPPOSED TO BE _OUR_ TOURNAMENT

OUR FIGHTING GAME TOURNAMENT

HOW THE FUCK DID SMASH TAKE OVER?

SMASH HAS ALMOST _DOUBLE_ THE NUMBER OF SFV

WHO THE FUCK LET THIS HAPPEN!!!!!

Attached: 1553565290835.jpg (500x500, 55K)

2016 seems like a logistical shitshow

you may need glasses, samsho is 3rd, mk11 finishes.

Probably, but I believe in total entrants EVO has had more the past 2 years

>that much of a drop
christ, what happened?

>f.....fuck yeah bros n...now we get to sleep early!!!
textbook cope. evo is ours now, fgcucks

>Typical smash fag has no idea how the biggest tournament for the FGC works

>This is great, so glad I finally have the freedom to go to bed at 7:00 PM on EVO Sunday.

Attached: 1334829406913.jpg (400x400, 32K)

>SFV not being last is good now mommy won't tell me off for staying up past my bed time
The irony is off the charts, lol.

They are working on a new GG, they have more than one team, the existence of BBTAG and those other games doesn't mean they can't make GG as well.

The only Johnny who consistently goes far in big tournaments is Omito. Not to say Johnny isn't good or that Omito is the only good Johnny player, because neither if those things are true, but Johnny winning at EVO most years is more because of Omito than anything else, seeing as he's the one winning with Johnny. Elphelt is popular among American players, but not so much so that you don't get good character variety in tournaments. You see two Elphelts in top 8s more than you would other characters, but you never get a top 8 that's just Johnny and Elphelt.

its a new game, the numbers will drop next year

Last year they gave away free tshirts, so the drop is probably more in line than we think. Strange they didn't do it this year

I get the impression they want to scoot this year by and hope the next update can reinvigorate the game. Alternately fuck all is coming, the hype was lies like usual and they are sweeping it under the rug. Really to fix SFV's image it would basically need a head to toe make over, to the point where they could claim it is a new game. No matter how SFV improves the bad image of the game is too set in people's mind. Fans are on a constant mission to prove it is great, then capcom puts in ads and removes more fm and they slowly wonder why bother.

Attached: 1551910852636.png (628x624, 50K)

>Smash players are going to boo Tekken off the stage like they did with Rev 2 a few years back

That'll be a sight

Almost every new game sans Tekken dropped by about 50% the next year. SF in no exception to that.

>Japan, so schedule is fucked if I watch it
>Me and bro both get our leave approved so we can watch Monday and fix sleep schedule on Tuesday/practice for smash tourney the following weekend

I'm excited

Attached: f0b04a680ba828ae527c506eb4377f7b.png (2446x2240, 1.25M)

It is funny to see Tekken and SF fans switch their excuses. I can't wait to see the new metric that gets invented to prove that SFV actually got the most views this time. Total time watched had never mattered at EVO till last year, strangely when a non-capcom game got the highest peak viewers

last game is almost always pushed back due to the other 3 games taking longer. I hope it doesn't get pushed too far back, I'm going to be at the event and would like to watch it.

No melee, no watch

>SF in no exception to that.
SF4 was. Same with KI.

>2018: YEEES SFV HEADLINING IS SOOOO DOOPE HOYP!!!!
>2019: a-at least i g-g-get to s-sleep early...

Good. Go stink up some other venue.

Why Blazblue on Sunday and not MK11 or Samurai Shodown?

Attached: tumblr_omdf463FlD1s8e6tj_frame3.jpg (640x832, 121K)

>s-sleeping early k-kek cope fgtards smash wins h-haha
If you're EU its a-ok since we wont have to stay until 6-7AM. You can have that last spot smashtards, if anything its how I always wanted it to be.

Well, unless you're EU and a smashtard. Then lmao get fucked.

Attached: 1456246452023.jpg (349x324, 28K)

>SMASH CLOSING

OH NO NO NO FGCBROS IT WASNT SUPPOSED TO BE LIKE THIS
WITHOUT MELEE SMASHBULLS WERE SUPPOSED TO LOSE

Attached: crying punch.jpg (849x694, 148K)

>one less non-fighting game at the fighting game premier event
good

Attached: 1498107341621.gif (500x381, 235K)

>why the fuck is bbtag at evo

fixed.

Smash is going to run until like 12 pm and I want no part in it

They should've put smash on first so they could all go home early and we could sterilize the venue in time for sunday

Attached: 1471298433848.jpg (981x773, 40K)

Why do people keep blaming Smash for delays when DBFZ last year caused a huge delay.

DELETE THIS AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH

Actually, I believe it's gonna be way earlier than thought.
The usual big deal was with Melee, setting up the TVs/sets/Puffs making the games take way longer than it's supposed to. Now, BBTAG usually doesn't last that much, Tekken is Tekken and lasts what's needed to, and maybe the only big issue would be SFV. In fact, even Ultimate has no camping strategy that could work or make a match last more than 5 minutes, so if anything, this will probably be one of the best EVOs for everyone involved.

money from Arcsys

The only game I care about on that whole list is Tekken, followed by SFV announcements, so so it works out

I hate all of these games. The only series I like is street fighter but v is ass, and smash is fun to watch but barely qualifies as a fighting game. I just don't get why people act like competitive tekken is some super interesting and hype competitive scene when its boring af buttonmasher

fgcucks are eternally seething at smash, so they blame them for everything

because no one cares about DBFZ anymore. it is shit

Consistent delay is way more of a reason than occasional delay.

because DBFZ did it one time, Smash does it for more than +5 years every time, in any big event

No one care about smush being the biggest. Too busy laughing at sfv. Smashfags just shitpost at each other.

Hello are you excited for my reveal at EVO?

Attached: 1539219512938.jpg (324x677, 83K)

>that DBFZ falloff

She's the new character in UNI?

>Smash
Melee, my nigga
MELEE WAS THE OVERDELAYING ONE.

What do you think will be on the potential chopping block next year? BBtag will be gone for sure, sc6 might be gone, maybe samsho if it can't keep interest up (I hope not). I think unist is going to get a new revision so that will breath more life into it, so I think it will return. DBZF might be gone but I doubt it.

no it wasn't

SC Cassandra.

dude, did you forget about the bayoneta ditto last evo for smash 4?

>aris subs won
fuck this, I'm out. I'm joining the fortnite community

No, every single one

BBTAG is gone
UNI is staying with the new version
T7 is staying
SFV is hopefully gone
Ultimate is staying
SC6 might be gone or it'll stay the Friday game for a long time
SamSho will stay until KOF15

Cope

yes, it was.
For 5+ years, not only on EVO, but other big tournaments as well.
Meanwhile Ultimate has been closing out a ton of tournaments really fast, because unlike Melee, setting up the game is faster. Also there's no issues with 4-stock matches, and there's no camping strategy that could make matches end on timeouts like in Melee.

And we all know at that point Sm4sh was pretty much dead. Have you seen any recent Ultimate tournament end in such bullshit like that?

[MY GAME] > [YOUR GAME]

Get fucked [YOUR GAME]fags

but also please play [MY GAME]

Depends on what FG will be released in the future. Most of the games in the lineup are quite new-ish, so I think it will stay the same next year.

UNI won't stay. It was just there for the sake of image. Some new meme game that could grab attention will get a chance next time.

the delays would make the rest of the games go till Tuesday

HYYYYYPE

Attached: 1563813976158.webm (1280x720, 2.79M)

SFV won't leave until SFVI comes out.

Isn't it great?

It's definitely staying if CLR is coming out next year.

DOA6 will finally crack the lineup

>SFV is hopefully gone
What is wrong with you mentally ill nigs

>SFV is hopefully gone
>SC6 might be gone or it'll stay the Friday game for a long time
Imagine being this delusional

>Source: my rectum.
You are full of shit and everybody knows it.

Well yeah
Your game looks like shit until you give me a reason to care about it

I wonder what time SC6 finals will be on. I hope I don't have any matches scheduled then so I can watch.

Didn't that only happen in response to someone saying "are you ready for meleeee" too soon and the crowd responding

Updates dont guarantee a spot.

GBVS has a guaranteed spot next year

Something will definitely get replaced by Granblue, and I'd bet on SC6. I feel like ArcSys will want some first-party game up there, and while I expect the new Guilty Gear to be revealed by next EVO I'm not completely confident it'll be released, so I wouldn't be surprised if BBTAG is back again, unless the new GG does end up being released by then. I think SamSho will get one more year, but no more. UNIST will probably be replaced by -r if it's to come back in any form at all.

I am telling you right now it is a fucking guarantee that CLR will be at next years EVO and will have bigger numbers than [st]

Probably all of the viewers who've been leaving SFV for the past few years

SC didnt deserve this

why isn't SF6 out?

how to sell millions on lauch:

call it "street fighter: the world warriors"

have the original roster (pre-super)

make sure every level is loving themed to that location, no dance/rock shit unless it fits (like ken)

make sure it's possible to react to everything visually (no shitty input lag)

make the neutral game the be all and end all.

I'm thinking Brawl

>make sure it's possible to react to everything visually
yeah alright, react to this 3f jab buddy

>make sure it's possible to react to everything visually (no shitty input lag)
>make the neutral game the be all and end all.
Next time, turn on your brain when posting

SF6 is probably going to be worse than SFV. Capcom is on a massive losing streak for fighting games

I'm only watching it for sc6 unist and tekken

Attached: 1563741856161.jpg (499x431, 76K)

Bocchi

And I'm telling you it isn't. It got put in for image, it makes evo look less corporate. But with so many games big and small coming out there is no guarantee. Games doing well with bigger backing like KI get cut.

Uni is riding memes, every randim won't enter it for fun next year.

It's UNIST, BBTAG, and Tekken for me.

Attached: 1499032858490.jpg (563x675, 90K)

i mean, if you see a jab, it's very clearly a jab. give jabs uniform frame times. not something that is three pixels different to a strong and you have to be a massive frame data autist to even tell apart.

i don't mean smashbabby simplicity, just something that visually communicates what's going on in a way that is instantly clear to even newbies.

>give jabs uniform frame times
jabs are uniformly 3-4 frames already. what are you even talking about?

youtubemultiplier.com/5d35ed462eafc-the-most-hype-fighting-game-in-the-world.php

Attached: 1563333089550.webm (640x360, 2.14M)

okay mate. make SF6 the same knockdownuloselol shit with the same convoluted visual communication and see how it doesn.

Okay child molesting racist.

(uniformly two different numbers)

>at least we can leave evo early now!
THE FUCKING COPE HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA WE FUCKING WON, STINKYBROS

yes

fighting games are balanced around individual characters' frame data. basically every single fighting game is like this.

Everyone is happy bout this you falseflagger

>mate
makes sense now

What are you talking about, SFV may be mediocre but the normals are probably the most distinct out of the entire franchise. You don't have to be a frame data autist to tell the blockstun from a jab is different from a strong or fierce people knew this shit in the 90's far before frame data was widespread.
Games before 5 didn't have this problem despite not having your ESL visual communication faggotry.

>tekken ends
>nothing but smash players left in the building
imagine the smell

I thought they were going to make smash in the middle of the to take advantage of more viewers watching meaning more advertisements. Good for smashfags finally getting vindicated though. But I did want to go to bed at a normal time damn it

Attached: DK what.gif (300x223, 1.23M)

>be eurofag
>had to wake up at 4 to see SF delayed by one hour
>forced to watch a game I don't care about while fighting sleep
This EVO will be great.

Attached: 1456861642962.png (213x230, 66K)

Who TekkenCHAD here? Post your mains and your first game.
>Law
>Tekken 3

Attached: 74D66F8399674315AC1CE2AD52936DFE.jpg (885x1254, 185K)

What did u expect? There's like 8 hour difference from here to burger continent

Happy I can finally watch SFV at a reasonable time and get a decent night's sleep

>mfw smash wins... AGAIN

Attached: 1537902889475.jpg (884x498, 214K)

>want to attend fightan event again
>can only afford one because I fell for the uni meme
>closest one to me is ECT
>they moved to fucking Connecticut this year, way off the beaten path from my place
I just wanted to support Smasho, guys. Why does it suck so hard being anything other than a Smashcuck in New Jersey?

Attached: 3E41971D-7F04-48EF-82DC-A16F7B49B7BD.jpg (1024x576, 66K)

>be eurofag

There's your first problem.

noice

Attached: 1552830220902.webm (1280x720, 2.77M)

>FGCucks still coping about Smashchads funding their dead genre on its own
Sad!

this is a good thing
smash ALWAYS runs late, now we dont have to wait for those retards so we can watch tekken

cope

to be fair this sorta think is in many fighters with neutral it's just that the animations in tekken are super shit so it looks bad

so do smash players not even wear shoes anymore?

Attached: 2351251251245.webm (1280x720, 2.11M)

Casual here why does the FGC hate Smashfags so much?

>Smash isn't a real fighting game, put it last

Attached: 1563774021693m.jpg (1024x1024, 46K)

Attached: 1563497115678.jpg (1002x500, 58K)

Attached: 32154234.jpg (258x196, 8K)

Their game delays all the other games pretty consistently. Not only that, but Smash players were told in the past to please take showers and put on deodorant because they literally smelled like shit. And then whenever someone talks about Smash is actually a really fast game, HBOX starts playing.

It's a lot of things combined to make everyone sick of them.

Attached: 1487223011414.jpg (385x370, 34K)

They smell bad, are obnoxious, loud and irritating. The FGC basically has no problem with fucking Puyo Puyo and Catherine players, so it's pretty obvious the genre isn't the issue

Attached: file.png (1392x881, 926K)

Smash will have the highest viewercount, I am investing 4 figures into viewbotting just to make sure of that. FGCucks will be eternally BTFO.

success breeds jealousy

TEKKEN CHADS RISE UP
MAIN EVENT

Smell and attitude. I'm a huge nintendofag, but these guys are in a league of their own. They're flippant and uppity to anyone, and only hold any respect to melee players. They take up too much time. The terms that the FGC uses are different to what smash uses. It's a different community attempting to latch onto an even normally held for fighting games, then saying they're the most important event because they got the most children to enter the event.

viewercount aint gonna safe your ass when the arena is empty on sunday fucking night amigo

Attached: 15253887943482.png (749x756, 292K)

>viewercount
People don't actually care about this, do they?

C O P E

>tfw I'll be leaving as soon as tekken is done to go to the anime suite and get drunk and play actual fighting games
Feels really good.

Melee players are entitled assholes

Last year, apparently everyone cared, thanks to DBFZ

>Playing barefoot

Fucking subhuman.

wtf, roarfag is here already

evo is a joke

Yea Forums does. Yea Forums cares more about sales and awards more then videogames itself.

>SMASH CLOSING = EARLY SLEEP THANK GOD
I'm amazed by this, I have never seen someone coping this much. This is what psychologist can use as a study field.

yeah this is the most based schedule ever
no smash tards will be around to ruin the fun either because they'll all be watching the finals lmao

try watching it from EU times then
shit finishes 5am or smth

Good idea on putting Smash last, don't want the stinkyfags gassing everyone out of the place early.

People in the FGC were rallying behind making smash last so we could all leave and not have the other events delayed. Eat shit smellyfag.

>forgetting to mention that Smash is literally bankrolling the entire event

you precious Mr. Jizztard wouldnt even be able to afford a abandoned prison without the fat stacks the Smash community brings in. your "games" are bankrolled by the developers and still nobody cares... whereas our games only get sabotaged by Nintendo and despite all this the community is bigger than you could ever imagine you fucking neckbeards.

Attached: JillAvatar.jpg (1705x1706, 631K)

cope

smash is literally the most popular game and is even finishing evo. So why are smashfags still seething? What about smashfags makes them bitchy and hateful, why cant they mix in with the rest of the FGC?

>fake anime
>smelly
>thinks evo needs smash whatsoever when it was held in Vegas consistently way before melee was introduced to the roster
Yeah, sure is retarded smashing in here.

>implying I play smash
I only said this was coping, and this has lead you to name calling, which means you are seething so hard right now

the smash community is very insular and loud while they parade their game as the absolute pinnacle of esports while shunning anything else different. This includes meta, characters, even players and their styles of gameplay. There's this insufferable air of elitism in the smash community too. While that can be seen in many other FGs, smash players are also known to never actually play other fighting games. It's like when people here say a well-received game is shit even though they never played it; they still spout it and act like they're correct even though they don't know a single thing about the game they're hating

>SMASH CLOSING = EARLY SLEEP THANK GOD
biggest cope I've seen in a while

Attached: big papi.jpg (300x200, 8K)

>BBTAG the game with the least entrant
>sunday spot
Hey alright you fucking casual baby anime shitters

Tekken 7 after SFV despite the latter rocking more views and entrants is weird.

Jill isn't real and even if she was she wouldn't want to associate with your fat ass

way later for me
last year sfv lasted till 8 in the morning

>they use different terms
And there goes any validity you had you crybaby fucking autismo.

mental illness.
it's gotten to the point where people tried to blame the Smash community for the guy who died at Defend the North.

>smashfags dont know that all the other fighting games voted for smash to be last
>desperately spamming cope at everyone
lmao

>smash players are also known to never actually play other fighting games
thats why you can never take any posts here seriously, atleast in fighting game threads. Its never about fighting games itself its always something trivial like "muh entrant numbers". Ironically the only time I can actually talk about smash here is in the HE'S IN threads. Chun-li is getting confirmed mark my words

way to prove his point retard

Attached: facts.png (207x239, 22K)

It's a point, yeah. I'm not going through why I hate them, just what is typically said. Also, the fact they do go through their own terms and then disparage anyone using the term "recovery" for anything other than getting back to the stage and insist on calling everything "end lag" is pretty fucking annoying.

>mental illness
True, but not for the reasons you stated.

>other fighting games voted away prime time to smash
so I guess FGChimps are just cuckolds then

Attached: emoji.jpg (600x600, 27K)

Smash community is huge compared to any other fighting game, and it got there solely based on its roster and annoying nintendo kids who never grew up.

I haven't played any fighting games in a long while since the absolute radio silence from Capcom. Its pretty clear SFV is on its deathbed now, I'm curious what they're going to announce for its final season. Wouldn't be surprised if it was a handful of new characters and a teaser for SF6 with a "ONLY FOR PS5" logo on it

Attached: 1556496324449.png (791x1052, 708K)

Someone died at Defend The North? What the fuck?

Since smash is the majority in Yea Forums, we already know the direction this thread is taking. Also check this 6

>KI growing
>killed for blazshit

You really think Sony's gonna give them the exclusivity money after everything that happened with SFV and how they had to fall back on eat sports for the game to survive?

old.reddit.com/r/StreetFighter/comments/c8d4aq/mr_wizard_poll_which_game_should_be_the_final/
old.reddit.com/r/Fighters/comments/c8d4wd/mr_wizard_posted_a_poll_asking_for_which_sunday/
old.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/c8en5g/vote_for_tekken_to_close_out_evo_2019/
old.reddit.com/r/Tekken/comments/c8enmi/evo_sundays_final_game_slot_poll_from_wiz/
comments all say vote for smash
im not gonna bother finding the thread for those games generals in archives but they said the same thing in those

I kinda hope not. I love GG but I want SC6 to get at least one more year, it's so fun to watch. Especially international competition.

Finally going to disprove that smash is the reason things go past schedule

>So why are smashfags still seething? What about smashfags makes them bitchy and hateful
Still mad about the rest of the FGC not taking them seriously, I guess the popularity argument is them just lashing out in response. But even if their the most popular the core of FGC is still traditional fighting games so they're still the outsider. Maybe after this year with Smash getting final match both sides will mellow out and everyone can agree that smash is a fighting game, just not a traditional one.

Don't worry user I'll respond to your bait.

I'm kinda glad honestly. I usually have to find someone else to do during smash, but now I can just go to bed early.

FGCucks spam le epic Smash isn't a fighting game meme for 20 straight years, Smashchads tell them to fuck off for 20 straight years, FGCucks seethe for 20 straight years all while Smash makes double the money and gets twice the entrants as every other game

I dont understand why capcom took the deal to begin with. wouldn't being on more consoles mean more players and a bigger community? Even if xbone is dead in the water, would it have really hurt to give people the option to play?

Attached: 1548195154197.jpg (1988x3056, 1.64M)

lmao
how will smashtards ever recover from this

NOOOOO DELETE THIS MY GAME IS POPULAR AND THATS ALL THAT MATTERS AHHHH

Why did her sweep go through him

Up until then, most fg devs still thought exclusivety with the eventual mutliplat release later on so people would double dip, sold more. They still kinda do, its been improving but not nearly at a good enough level.

In short, japs being jews.

DELET THIS NOW

Attached: 1547766583552.png (1288x1288, 357K)

I don't think he expected to be refuted when he posted the epic reddit image from Deus Ex

its called "Haradas finger", it points out people fo play fraud-characters and punishes them for it from time to time

>makes double the money and gets twice the entrants
thereby proving that it isn't a fighting game. well done

cope, snoy

oh man /fgg/ will be seething over this for the next year

Attached: 52612342314311534541.jpg (1420x946, 57K)

>A nintendo exclusive is headlining the biggest fighting game tournament of all time
>BUT THIS IS TOTALLY A BAD THING LMAO
seethe and cope, cope and seethe
snoys are cucks and will never breed

>5000 posts in the twitter thread going "i can go to sleep early xD"
jesus christ do you guys have one fucking joke in the universe? how fucking seething do you have to be?

no they'll cope and say they "get to go to bed early" lmao

>backing and parroting reddit crybabies just because they hate Smash too

Attached: 1563026680116.jpg (1462x1462, 411K)

i thought it was more because fighting games don't do very well on xbox since its more of an american consumer base that generally favors FPS and sports games, coupled with the fact that Swicth didnt exist when the game came out. I always thought it was fucking odd to put it on Steam and not Xbox, but I guess they learned their lesson. Or not - Capcom are fully capable of fucking up several games in a row, only time will tell.

Attached: 1556040921065.jpg (800x1229, 417K)

Yea Forums is coping way more actually

What are they, cucks? What the fuck? You vote for your own game. Unless there's more crossover than I thought.

>try to look up /fgg/
>there are 3 new generals all with different waifus as OP
what a miserable place..

Attached: 1549221812654.gif (250x300, 605K)

>asking for proof makes you reddit

Attached: really thinkin.jpg (544x756, 90K)

>he doesn't know
shows a lot tbqh

They know that the last game on Sunday usually runs late and doesn't get as many viewers as the second to last game.

cope
only literal children (aka smash's playerbase) care about which event is last
other fighting game players have jobs and lives and dont want to stay up all night

Hey, it's a new joke, that's rare enough for anti-Smash mongos to think up! Now they have something to add variety in between the endless LE EPIC STINKY DAY XD posting.

>doesn't get as many viewers as the second to last game
flat out lie. A few europoors go to bed early but a lot more Americans watch

So did the FGC just fuck themselves to oblivion? This means that all other games will get way less money in their respective tournaments alongside Ultimate getting much more mainstream appeal AND which will mean more people entering into Ultimate next year, alongside at least 3 more years Ultimate staying on Sundays.

Great strategy, retards.

Attached: 1563741355309.jpg (587x384, 62K)

The last game is always late in most of the countries on the world, it's late as hell in LATAM, East Coast, EU and it's monday morning in Asia

imagine how empty mandalay bay will be before smash starts

Attached: 1476798386740.png (246x236, 85K)

what are you talking about retard? no one cares about last place spot, people will watch the game that they play as per usual

Oh yes, so that's why classically the last game was Street Fighter, which also was meant to always be the biggest game. If Smash hadn't been last you fucks would've gone HAHA SMASHBABBIES BTFO XD and if it is it's I CAN GO TO SLEEP BTFO LAST PLACE NOT IMPORTANT. It's fucking embarrassing.

Good, it'll make it easier for the ventilation systems to handle the olfactory overload

that's not even true, was only true last year because SFV is a shitshow and DBFZ was hype as hell

That's not what Yea Forums told people here with SFV getting ESPN coverage, then DBFz kicking SFV out of viewership numbers.

DBFZ and Smash pushed back SFV into ungodly hours last year.

>FZ
>hype
>ever
LMAO

before this reveal
>hahahah SFV got more entrants than tekken, our last place is saved boys
after this reveal
>w-who cares about that slot anyway, adults have to go to sleep early anyway
lmao

>Or not - Capcom are fully capable of fucking up several games in a row
Its more likely than you think. Remember, this is the company that made one of the most fun vs games: tatsunoko vs capcom and locked it to the fucking Wii.

Xbox might be dead now but during the SF4 era it was actually No1 on players. The Sony came around and wanted those numbers. Shitty times ensued and here we are now. Exclusivity wars always turn out bad for everyone.

>unironically being a capkuck

>If Smash hadn't been last you fucks would've gone HAHA SMASHBABBIES BTFO XD and if it is it's I CAN GO TO SLEEP BTFO LAST PLACE NOT IMPORTANT
we all voted for smash to be last dumbass lmao

As someone who lives in Vegas, I can assure you that Smash players are literally everywhere. I'll be surprised if it ends up emptying out.

Attached: 1490015489905.png (384x388, 195K)

>lose last place spot
>p-people d-don't care
extreme cope itt

we voted for smash last place lmao
delusional smashbabs cant face reality

Smellfags btfo again what else is new? and they'll just keep coping with "muh entrants"

>reddit
>we
seems about right

>"y-yeah! we voted for smash, not smash players who also would have surely voted for smash to get the headline spot! that will show them!!!!!"
Embarrassing.

>we
Hey redditor, please go back.

Tekken is sick

Attached: 1530476059751.webm (1278x720, 2.82M)

>sitting through hours of when's smash
i'd rather die

>we
Oh you did huh? With your Reddit friends?

haha, imagine having a job eh

would smash be popular without its characters?

>i can go to sleep now lol
>smelly smash
There, I just covered the range of hard-hitting insults Smash gets thrown at it. How will they ever cope?

>keeping the chat active
user, please

we're done here
cope dilate shower smashfag

>Exclusivity wars always turn out bad for everyone.
This, no one wins but the suits at the top of the totem pole. and believe me, i'm more than ready for Sf6 to be the worst Sf game until the 2nd or 3rd version/edition. They can't even get the fucking netcode fixed after being the biggest fighting game around for years, nevermind now that they straight up don't give a shit

Attached: lag.webm (640x360, 2.93M)

If a new Guilty Gear is out by then I don't think it'll put out SC6 anyway, it'll put out BBTAG. Granblue is what will put out SC6 if anything.

*Smellees

what a wide range of things you have to say, user
keep at it, some day you'll rise above twitch chat

With the most entrants, ungodly views, and most likely the most talked about reveal (unless Nintendo is actually fucking stupid and goes empty-handed or only shows up with a Hero release date).

He died of a heatstroke because you couldn't bring water in and all the rooms outside of the main one were roasting hot. Apparently all the water coolers inside had warm water too.

Smashfags cant comprehend the idea of liking a videogame, even the casualfags on Yea Forums can only blather on about "he's in/ oh nonono steve btfo" dont expect them to make a good argument all they can do is cope.

granblue will put out DBFZ if anything

are you okay user? it seems like you were in a rush to post that

>Deus Ex and asking for proof is reddit
Just fucking post a wojak already you waste of place.

Plus it's kinda funny to spout when the evidence WAS legitimate Reddit.

Insufferable Meleefags ruined Smash for everyone. Not even Smashfags like Meleefags.
Also the FGC hates anything that isn't an SFII clone, it's why Tekken gets shit on a lot, too.

Its not smashfags really its just casuals who dont get fighting games in general. Last year there were alot of dbz posting but it wasnt because of dbfz it was because dbfz attracted alot of dbzfags who were simply casuals. Right now its the same with smashfags its just casuals. Notice how most arguments devolve into popularity points and cant say anything good about the game itself? Casuals are just shitposting with no knowledge or coping from the lack of respect they get from the fgc. The competetive smashfags who atcually care just want to play the game and have better things to do then gloat on Yea Forums.

What the fuck is wrong with everybody in these threads?
>DURRR SFVfags BTFO
>DURR TEKKENCHADS WIN AGAIN
Is it too fucking hard to imagine playing both games?

Attached: 74590537_p0_master1200.jpg (600x617, 83K)

FGC is now fully Reddit, thank r/Kappa and their posse of kids.

What constitutes an SFII clone? Samsho or anime games for the explosive damage? Limited combos? 2D plane? Also, Tekken has seen a rise in players and viewership lately due to T7 having pretty good visuals, legacy gameplay leading to high level execution and style, and systems designed around getting hype like the slowmo moments.

tekken gets shit on far less than SFV

>SCVI best FG this generation outside of GG
>worst time slot
life is cruel

Attached: cowboy.jpg (600x600, 51K)

You can thank r/kappa, Aris and twitch chat

the exact same thing was posted in generals like fgg and tekgen, look it up yourself retard im not gonna waste my time searching through archives to prove a smashfag wrong when youre never gonna admit it anyway

Literally every single one of these games could be defined as an anime game.

>SCVI best FG this generation outside of GG
LMAOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Yep

Attached: holy shit.webm (854x480, 2.17M)

quit laughing at me

Attached: 1510001236493[1].png (376x309, 127K)

>y-y-your wrong
>but I wont back it up because S-S-Smash
Holy fuck you're pathetic.

>Is it too fucking hard to imagine playing both games?
imagine being a fan of smash and traditional fighting games trying to defend both from rabid elitists who think you can only like one.

Attached: 1530844742466.gif (293x199, 1.94M)

>soulcal shitters
>banished from tekgen for being too autistic
>constantly claimed at release that it would kill all other fighting games by being too popular
>game is shit both to play and to watch
>popularity declining every single day
>down to less than 300 players
>they still think its the best fighting game
its almost too sad to be funny
almost

L M F A O

Attached: 1511994181666.png (640x476, 612K)

>People don't actually care about viewercount, do they?

It started because of DBFZ and SFV, once those games started to get smaller numbers on the twitch streams everyone started shitposting. To be honest, its such a standard secondary identifier that I'm not even mad at it because when I see people use it I can compartmentalize them into the secondary folder in my brain and ignore them

If something ends on Smash, wouldn't that mean Nintendo wants to do something special with it? Like an announcement?

no mr wiz took a vote twitter.com/MrWiz/status/1146127463300210688

All of the Sunday games get an announcement at EVO

Fuck yeah UnderChads Unist is gonna be the first game that matters

Capcom actively tries to get Street Fighter to be at an earlier time in places in the West because they want their pro tour streams all over the world to be at a decent time for everyone. They've been doing this for multi game events for a while now

The only thing I don't like about Tekken in comparison to other games is how hits feel on both block and on confirm. Whenever I play, the feedback is never as satisfying as anime games

last year they only announced the date of the next Nintendo Direct
maybe they'll announce Hero's release date this year

>FighterZ not going to be 45 minutes of Bardock lvl 3 this year
>on Saturday so I don't have to worry bout anything Sunday besides Tekken

comfy EVO confirmed, shame no Melee tho

Attached: 1347564004021.jpg (252x244, 10K)

Nintendo is too out of touch to do a big reveal with 11,000 people in the audience and 200,000 people watching at home, they never have, they never will, they'll tell us to hang in there and tune in for a Nintendo Direct in a month. I fucking hate them and I fucking hate Smash being beholden to their stubborn ways.

Anyone have the webm of Paul dashing in someone's face and then Deathfisting them?

Paul is the least of your problems in Tekken 7

Attached: 1543956714596.webm (816x460, 2.96M)

I haven't been keeping up with DBFZ. Who are the top tiers this time around?

Attached: Angry-Blondie-Launch-dragon-ball-females-34615194-720-540.png (720x540, 866K)

>To be honest, its such a standard secondary identifier that I'm not even mad at it because when I see people use it I can compartmentalize them into the secondary folder in my brain and ignore them
must be hard to ignore the smashsmell all over the place. Its the same whenever someone argues something dumb like the DP input is "artificial difficulty", you can instantly tell when someone just doesn't get fightan. To play any fighting game normally, and discuss it properly there's a learning curve to get over. Fighting game threads are usually the most comfy threads because it filters out the casuals. Evo just happens to bring out all the autism in everyone.

Goku GT and SSJ Goku are obligatory in your team, the rest is a bonuts

>What about smashfags makes them bitchy and hateful
smash attracts more autism in general

I've really never understood how people love tekken so much. Getting combo'd one time and carried to a wall where they hit you a few times just aint that fun to me. It feels like first one to start a solid combo wins the round most of the time; theres very little room for come backs. I loved the first tekken tag way back in the day, but i could never get into the newer ones, even though i have them on hand

Can't wait to go to sleep early tonight after Evo.

Attached: 1483720591572.jpg (551x600, 107K)

Bardock
A Gohan
T Gohan
Kid Buu
Piccolo
GT Goku

>He looks like a fair character, but he's not a fair character. He's a bullshit, rule-breaking BITCH...

Attached: Hey alright.jpg (1024x805, 31K)

God I fucking love taunt into jet upper so much
Fucking Jimmy needs to not choke during Evo and actually do something

>Piccolo
That's new.

Its literally because of plebbit, /fgg/ and twitch chat. Fighting game tribalism is at an all time high because of the power vacuum left by Capcom shitting the bed with SFV and MvCI and DBFZ failing to establish itself.

>Also, the fact they do go through their own terms and then disparage anyone using the term "recovery" for anything other than getting back to the stage and insist on calling everything "end lag" is pretty fucking annoying.
Smash isn't a part of the FGC, so it doesn't follow FGC terms. Tekken has a similar terminology issue with its buttons and notation, but this is most likely due to how late it was with coming on the map.

I mean granblue is coming out before gg so clearly it would displace bbtag.

Sadly DBFZ will probably outlive both sc6 and bbtag.

>tonight after Evo
Evo isn't for another week, user

that's /fgg/ that's r/Kappa but even more autistic

>I've really never understood how people love tekken so much.
Because they're not playing it constantly, so it's fun to watch, go to /tekgen/ it's basically player complaining 24/7 about the honesty of character and how stressful the game is.

youtube.com/watch?v=yQQm2vLmS58

Attached: rage.png (1369x727, 1.11M)

It’s good though because we get to watch Tekken early, the actual good fighting game. By the time everyone leaves after Tekken, attendees don’t need to worry about the rancid odour of urine, sweat and feces in the air.

>having big numbers and crowd hype last EVO
>an enormous active community on all platforms
>sold 4 million units
None of you children even played Tekken, have you? I bet you can’t even do King’s giant swing.

Clayfighters is where it’s at.

>copy paste time
Read the comment with links to why Melee is hated so much:
reddit.com/r/Kappa/comments/c8jhcc/smashers_are_harassing_and_threatening_an_actual/

Melee was a grassroots movement until a charity event got them in EVO and now when UNIST takes its place (as if Melee has any elite privileges in the first place) which was similar to Melee, the fanbase shits the bed like spoiled ungrateful brats who had 5+ years of EVO coverage. They shit on other games and communities that aren’t Melee such as Armada shit talking Shamsho because it isn’t Melee.

They deserve to be mocked. They’re crying about no HD remake of Melee and all they want is potential EVO view numbers, nothing else. They’re stuck in the past and have the most sour grapes. You never see this with cult games like JJBA or Virtua Fighter. Sure there’s drama in the FGC but Melee takes cake 95% of the time.

Keep in mind, this is the hardcore fans including players like HungryBox. I could go on but it’d be a dissertation.

>this thread
Awwww all these ‘copes’ memes. Why you mad if someone dislike your game? Grow a spine, kids.

Attached: 2C028F6D-4A2E-449E-AEA0-31A2C4B01889.png (210x195, 101K)

the drop off has been huge for DBFZ, I wouldn't be surprised if this is the last year especially with arcsys moving onto granblue and eventually new GG. BBtag is gone for sure though, SCVI might be gone but I hope not

I agree but I put it tied with unist too.

On the plus side it's not competing with much else for viewers on friday.

If only people actually knew how hard it is to even set up unblockable taunt combos and then pulling them off, in a tournament setting even.

Nah, not really. Piccolo was always good with the condition you learn the correct combos and build a team around him both in getting said combos and complementing his pressure. Once people saw how strong his setplay is he came out on top really fast even at the previous season. Arcsys tried to nerf him even but nope, still up there.

If they aren't part of the FGC, then why are they at EVO and why do they care about being at EVO? Fair point about Tekken, but they still have basic FG terms. Each game has it's own notation anyway, but use the same terms, i.e. footsies, meaties, okizeme, etc.

I just wish Smash and the rest of the FGC got along because I enjoy both.

Attached: 504E3630-44EE-44B9-85FA-BC6714710CDB.png (900x661, 352K)

>banished from tekgen for being too autistic
This actually IS too sad to be funny, how utterly delusional do you have to be to think anyone would willingly want to be part of tekken general?

DESU i'd take a Melee HD than a mulitated reboot of Smash

dont ask me, ask the soulcal tards
they wanted to turn it into 3d fgg

Blame Melee fans and their attitude.
I can’t really remember the hate way before Melee got in EVO. It’s always post-EVO inclusion that you here this.

Better luck next time FGC losers, the best is always saved for last

Attached: incinichad.jpg (631x536, 55K)

>Krystal
explain

Ain’t gonna happen since Nintendo could care less. Your only hope is a project m kinda thing that isn’t taken down by dmca or a fightcade version of melee.

Smash being last is a godsend. Everyone can party and get shitfaced while the nursery gets to put Smash on for the kids.

Nobody actually wanted to be with you autists, soulcalibur had its own general back in the scv days that was revived because tekgen is a flaming trashheap.

I'm literally dying right now. Never heard chen cursing, let alone nearly having an aneurysm.
That aside, it's like i thought - even seasoned players get caught up in silly bullshit combos because of hits not registering and such. Only the highest level players really stand a chance against eachother, theres not much in the game you can do to turn the tables if you're getting stomped. Which is admirable, really - the game rewards the best players and weeds out the shitters. But at the same time, its not very inviting for newer players, and doesn't give much incentive for them to try to improve, since the top will always feel so far out of reach because of how efficiently and quickly new players get rekt.

Attached: 1469275350800.jpg (185x243, 16K)

>If they aren't part of the FGC, then why are they at EVO and why do they care about being at EVO?
EVO isn't a place for just the FGC: it's just for fighting games. Nobody in the community really cares if smash is considered a fighting game or not, as it's really just shitposting. The real question is whether or not Smash is a part of the FGC or if it's its own community.

>they still have basic FG terms. Each game has it's own notation anyway, but use the same terms, i.e. footsies, meaties, okizeme, etc.
Yes, because it's part of the FGC. Smash is not; it's its own community, so it followed its own terms.Smash also uses some standard fighting game terminology; aside from terms that had to be shifted because of ingame terminology (recovery moves, shielding instead of blocking) or terms that nobody else around them had due to age and they had to make up themselves (end lag), they more or less have certain terms to make things understandable. Combos, spacing, corner game, and of course the trademark FGC term, YO THAT'S OD

>get banished from tekgen
>W-WELL WE DIDNT WANT TO BE THERE ANYWAY
cope

Attached: injustuce.jpg (1867x820, 178K)

>But at the same time, its not very inviting for newer players, and doesn't give much incentive for them to try to improve, since the top will always feel so far out of reach because of how efficiently and quickly new players get rekt.
which is what makes Tekken's growth all the most impressive.

Never payed attention to BBTAG but does it have the same problem of 4 of the same character in top 8 like BB?

brawl HD would be better. Better single player modes and more characters. Just make it less floaty like project M

>still meming about the fake lawsuit story by warchamp
also nobody cares about Project Plus

I see. I just hope there's a decent amount of variety in DBFZ's top 8. Weren't there lile 55 Bardock level 3's landed in last year's top 8?

Attached: Launch.Ep.126.png (720x540, 261K)

Samsho on a saturday is good right?

You're pushing the reflexion too far here. Tekken is popular because it sold the most, that's it.
Most people are not good enough to see all that technical stuff.

>since the top will always feel so far out of reach because of how efficiently and quickly new players get rekt
no wonder there's so many people complaining that tekken is a button masher

Smash 3DS?

The fact of the matter is that even if EVO is for fighting games, not just the FGC, what does it matter that they're there if they are their own community? Literally every Melee player shit their pants seeing Melee dropped this year and said that they didnt need EVO, that EVO needed them. Why even go if that's the mentality? Why even support an event where no one wants you there, except for your money?

Judging by other platform fighters
No
(despite them having better gameplay than smash)

no, never

Unironically the line-up I asked for. Kicking DBFZ off Sunday just made it better.
Thanks EVO for looking out for us Yuros.

I'm gonna watch BBTag and UNI[st] and nothing else

Attached: banana candy.jpg (1277x1210, 150K)

Don't get your hopes up too much. I did list Bardock again didn't I? That's because he's still toppest of the top.

Expect to see a lot of Bardock lvl3s along with a shitload of GT goku genki damas.

cringe

twitter.com/EVO/status/1153364393591070722
Imagine caring about Evo when it's basically just a corporate event now. Unless you're watching AnimEvo you're a bitch for caring about any game on the main line up.

That T7’s biggest problem. There’s no tutorial apart from loading screen hints.
You got great YouTube guides though from experts.

Some forget about those who play the story mode, go on online, get bodied 3 times then trade it in. But that’s the nature of all fighting games, you gotta put effort in.

Its not that surprising considering the decline in SF content since CapCup 18. Tekken is the "other big name" in the genre, and if one falters, the other gets a pick me up. Even if its just adding silly meme characters like the guy from the Walking Dead, the game is still alive and the company seems to care, which is a lot more than can be said for SF at the moment. Mortal Kombat is the 3rd big name, but it will never really be in the same realm as the other two since its a western fighting game. i really wish the series would die already

I'm not talking about "people," i'm talking about avid fighting game players and fans. they should have some idea of how the games work and the differences between different types of fighting games.

Attached: 1544997474031.jpg (431x700, 43K)

Im mainly referring to SSE. It wasn't super great but it was a fun timewaster, especially with co-op. Smash tour was ok but got old quickly for me since it was only one map to fight on. Plus all the newcomers for sm4sh were lackluster imo.

Relating back to evo yes I am a smashfag who is annoyed smash is gonna be played up so late, but its not like I only play smash. T7, and DBFZ are also pretty fun. I used to play SFV but got bored of it. If smashfags was last because you guys wanted to sleep early then why not but the blazblue game up there?

Attached: p7hfb1c6Im1u7wjzyo1_1280.png (1280x1575, 1.08M)

Who gives a shit if it's a "corporate event", it's the biggest event that most people worldwide travel to for multiple games. They can have all the sponsors they want and I'd still watch it because watching top level play with all the tension of a fuckton of people watching and rooting for the players is great.

Attached: disgusting.jpg (640x640, 33K)

and here comes the sony/nintendo wojacks

Attached: 1528662322113.jpg (683x797, 175K)

UNIST is the best game in that entire lineup.

Can't wait to spam "Smash waiting room" during Tekken and collect sweaty korean tears

>unironically linking r/kappa
go and stay go you fucking faggot
r/kappa retards have insecurity issues instead of just enjoying diversity in fg selections

Attached: 1548622728029.png (545x561, 65K)

>Some forget about those who play the story mode, go on online, get bodied 3 times then trade it in.
The problem here is that gaming is now more about online multiplayer than it is local. Getting your ass beat by a friend 3 times in a row is nothing like losing to rando's online. There is no closure, no camraderie, and little learning to be gained. Unless you dedicate yourself to the game - and most people won't, since they could be doing literally anything else in a few seconds of quitting - you aren't gonna learn much. Having an actual sparring partner to play and HAVE FUN with is makes a huge difference.

Attached: 1557250245570.gif (665x500, 626K)

>sandwiched between one of the most well known anime properties and literally the only western game at the tournament
It's great for getting eyes on it, The design is anime enough to keep the weebs around and the NRS fans will appreciate the massive damage on whiff and the lack of long combos.

>wait for smash the whole day
>finally get to watch it after tekken
>fall asleep before GF because it's on so late

y'all really spammed smash isn't a fighting game for 10 years only to have the biggest fighting game tournament of the year headlined by smash...

Attached: 1557727470472.png (894x773, 48K)

Awww someone’s mad. ;)
You don’t like all that dirty laundry about Smash, eh?

how can someone be such an elitist and yet be so ignorant at the same time?

If I voted for my own game I would be watching it at 5 a.m.

>Never heard chen cursing, let alone nearly having an aneurysm.
>this is old enough for people to not know it happened

Those sweaty nerds got what was coming to them. Smash ALWAYS wins baby

Attached: lizard bros.jpg (2048x2048, 370K)

I'll stay up to watch it because I like to support good fighting games and the scene.

This is still one of the funniest things to come out of Tekken.

Attached: CC5E1598-3F50-4C7C-A00F-05AD62F5069C.jpg (261x199, 14K)

>Smash makes double the money and gets twice the entrants as every other game

I don't want to break it to you but the money in the FGC is pretty small compared to most other esports, so getting double the smallest isn't really a bragging point you insufferable faggot

>I'm not talking about "people," i'm talking about avid fighting game players and fans. they should have some idea of how the games work and the differences between different types of fighting games.
And where do you think those "avid fighting game players and fans" come from?
The more people play a game, the more people will join the community, that's how it works for every games. Like you need to "know how the game works" to pick up and play, or just watch streamers/tournaments.

>muh popularity
>muh sleeping early
what time does the final game start anyway?

But user me boy,

WE’RE ALL SWEATY NERDS.
There’s no difference.

>b-but the FGC is all grassroots!
Fucking LMAO

i don't play smash you retard, i exclusively play tekken, capcom fighters and snk fighters. i just don't want you 09er zoomer twitch reddit faggots anywhere near me. go watch more games you inbred.

>y'all
>Wojack
>ellipses
Smash isnt a fighting game, it runs too long, and its players stink. The FGC voted to put it last so we can all get on with our Sunday without being inhibited by smashbabbies.

It'll be really early in the morning just like Guilty Gear last year. It's a time filler since they have the arena the whole day.

+ Smash doesn't even have that big of prize pools because Nintendo doesn't give a shit about competitive smash unlike other companies that fund pools.

>mirror matches are random
LEL. i mean, i get it, but its just not true. It's your playstyle against theres, it just so happens that Sf4 Cammy is all about high speed and full screen cannon spikes
Also, FUCK FADC

Attached: 730823776587619237.jpg (1000x699, 136K)

Probably going to be close to 9-10pm EST for the beginning of smash top 8. Knowing how long that game takes, you'll see the end at maybe 1am, if not 2.

8 PM PDT if no delays, which is pretty much impossible

Finally. I don't have to watch Kekken just for SFV.

>why are most of the games in the same genre similar?!

maybe if they used some of that time they save by not cleaning themselves to learn things they could figure it out

>The fact of the matter is that even if EVO is for fighting games, not just the FGC, what does it matter that they're there if they are their own community?
Because it explains the terminology difference and the "is smash a fighting game" thing.

>Literally every Melee player shit their pants seeing Melee dropped this year and said that they didnt need EVO, that EVO needed them. Why even go if that's the mentality?
Vocal minority sad to see their game go while also trying to convince themselves it's not that bad to have it go.

>Why even support an event where no one wants you there, except for your money?
The smash (melee, more specifically) community wants them there, as well as certain onlookers. It's understandable that they'd be said to see "their" game go.

Uh oh.

Attached: E9C8B14C-4E56-4526-9FB4-9DED41EF9329.jpg (750x843, 23K)

i would enjoy tekken but i fucking hate movement compared to Virtua Fighter. Literally ruined every other 3D fighter for me.

evo has been a convention about fighting games for years at this point. The biggest grassroots event is combobreaker

>SC6 friday

Attached: 1518383226634.jpg (415x410, 41K)

>10pm-2-am
thats not so bad. But i remember getting bored and almost falling asleep last year during the SFV finals, but maybe its because I was I already watching fightan for over hours and hours.

Evo 2018 smash pool: $13,530 USD
International 2018 pool: $25,532,177 USD

Smash 3DS didnt have Smash Tour
it had Smash Run, which was arguably a pretty great single player smash mode in ages

So basically smash is inserting itself in an event where no one wants them. Nice to know that even they admit they're obnoxious faggots.

You're just proving his point.

>Jin
>Tekken 1

>ts because I was I already watching fightan for over hours and hours.
what, I mean I was already watching figthan for hours and hours.

this is fucking horrible now i have to watch sfv, before i could just tune out before the end

>So basically smash is inserting itself in an event where no one wants them.
You could say the same thing for each and every game there, using that logic. As an example, BBTAG had a very small number of people despite being a part of the FGC; would it then be fair to argue that it inserted itself into an event where no one wants them? People beyond just their community are going to watch the game, you know.

mfw smash fags actually poop themselves in tournaments

Attached: artworks-000226025585-dub17u-t500x500.jpg (500x500, 26K)

soul calibur vi honestly fuckin sucks and failed to take off unlike tekken

Whom is forcing you to watch anything?

That was when there were 5 Sunday games, will probably be earlier now.

it's been a corporate event for about ten years now

>attendees don’t need to worry about the rancid odour of urine, sweat and feces in the air.
user, it's the FGC. They're all like that.

SC6 movement feels pretty good at least.

I'd rather shit myself than play SFV

>soulcal
lmao

Attached: charts.jpg (1254x825, 147K)

Except the fact that BBTag is a part of the FGC, so it's looked upon as okay. The amount of mental gymnastics you're going through to try and convince people that smash deserves to be at EVO as much as the next game is laughable, especially when Mr. Wizard has said that smash wouldn't even be there if not for the money. Like, goddamn, get it through your skull that no one wants you there.

tuning out in the middle is very inconvenient, especially since nothing runs on schedule and i have to check the stream a bunch of times and be subjected to the abomination that is clayfighters

>The FGC voted to put it last so we can all get on with our Sunday without being inhibited by smashbabbies
idk if ive ever seen a more blatant example of coping

? just tune in at the scheduled time for the game you want to watch and leave it going until it starts

Killer Instinct should've never gotten the boot.
youtu.be/uO0YOCdIvQo

Attached: Ck2GrW8VEAAImnB.jpg (1200x675, 207K)

Its better but the game also has its own issues. Its prolly ded after EVO, namco shoulda gave it more love.

Based
i'm an Akatsuki main

looks like a puppet on strings

Attached: kakyoin_shades.jpg (403x403, 154K)

I've never been to a fgc event that smelled like that without smash their

Give up these retards don't even play fighting games, they pretend to be part of the fgc when all they do is watch streams and shit on games the chat tell them are bad. most pro players are usually respectful of all the scenes despite their biases and all enjoy just playing games

Pefect.

I can just tune in at the end and treat it like a regular Smash tourney and ignore all the stupid Weeb Fighter side events that come before it.

when’s jojo httf getting an EVO slot

>barefoot
how is that allowed
don't want to even imagine if everyone in the event went barefoot

OH NONONO AAAAHAHAHAHA

? i want to watch literally every game except sf5, which leaves a hole in the middle (which sucks for reasons already mentioned) instead of allowing me to just tune out at the end

If you like Smash: shower
If you like SFV: cope
If you like Tekken: seethe
If you like UNIST: have sex
If you like DBFZ: go commission furry porn
If you like any other game: dilate

tekken was at 581 entrants its first year. It was also sent to die by bamco, released in october between two major games

Watching people walking barefoot is the least of your problems if you attend Smash tournaments

Seethe more, smelly. Your game is shit and long and no one wants you there, so they stuck you at the end.

>Except the fact that BBTag is a part of the FGC, so it's looked upon as okay.
Once again, EVO is not a place for the FGC: it's for lovers of fighting games. That's why there are so many games there. Just because BBTAG is part of the FGC doesn't mean that it doesn't have its own community as well; BlazBlue and P4AU, two components of TAG, were also at AnimeEVO last year, as they are anime fighters.

>Mr. Wizard has said that smash wouldn't even be there if not for the money.
Where did he say this? Because the same is also true for BBTAG; you're aware of last year's way of it being entered, correct?

before final entrants reveal
>hahahah T7 overtook SFV in terms of entrants, Tekken chads can't stop winning, Shit Fighter BTFO
after reveal
>wh-who cares about entrants I mean uh Tekken had a few more than last year, I guess

but wouldn't that be kind of funny? haha

>retard doesn't understand what a main event is
Yeah, no one wants to watch Mayweather vs. Pacquiao, they leave once the undercard between two random Brazilian boxers is over.

yeah but soulcalibur is competing with Tekken, whereas Tekken 7 had no 3D fighters to compete with. Tekken 7 also wasn’t even on console back then.

>Babytag
>But no fucking KoF
THIS IS BULLSHIT

accurate

I fucking wish, sadly with the current state we're in regarding jojo games I don't see it happening

Attached: orw84rhyd8k21.png (847x678, 781K)

>the event that always runs late and ruins the schedule for the whole day every time is put last
>ITS BECAUSE WERE THE BEST SO THEY ARE SAVING US FOR LAST!

such a remarkable lack of self awareness

>mfw I like all of those games
oh no no no no no. Alright maybe not unist

Attached: 1538254496486.jpg (1347x1008, 704K)

plenty of tekken players gave soulcal a chance when it came out, but the game is just complete garbage and isnt fun to watch or to play

>FGCS ACTUALLY VOTED FOR SMASH SO THEY WOULD HAVE AN EXCUSE WHEN IT INEVITABLY WINS

OH NO
OH NO NO NO NO

Attached: laughing fairies.jpg (1240x1111, 589K)

literally all the other fighting games voted for smash to be last too and they still deny it lmao
smashfags are truly delusional

Exactly

>Implying he's wrong
lyl

I'm just gonna watch a bit of SAMSHO and DBFZ if Hook plays on stream. Will also tune in for SFV grand finals for the CAPCOM announcements.
This year's EVO is absolutely dog shit when it comes to the lineup though. No Guilty Gear or (real) BlazBlue. The latter hasn't been around for a while now but they had no reason to remove Kamige Gear for Under Shite Trans-Birth

Attached: 1536939464030.jpg (1120x900, 743K)

yes surely it must be for an excuse and not so that they dont have to wait all day for the smash players to run 3 hours over time and delay the event

Who's your main, user?

You're right, no one gives a shit about the game with by far the most entrants and hype surrounding it.
Even FGCfags realized that smash is more important than their shitty chink fighters and relinquished the main event spot to the superior game.

yeah that's why in all the previous years people never wanted to be the closer... lmao stay coping

The bigger question if melee will stay gone.

>game with the lowest bar of entry that is designed so even kids can play it
>LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY IT! WERE NUMBER 1!

so far down the rabbit hole

is it me? Or is the KIchads and Samshochads the two communities that are chill?

Attached: 1562306021420.png (960x960, 432K)

Dark Samus

>>game with the lowest bar of entry that is designed so even kids can play it
>>LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY IT! WERE NUMBER 1!
not him but bbtag had the lowest entrants

She's cool. What about other fighting games, though?

think the other fighting games are pretty chill too, its just smashtards spamming the thread trying to piss people off

>lowest bar of entry
You can't even beat your friends unless you can perfect shield parry RAR attack cancel float cancel L-cancel bair to wavedashed DACUS upsmash

and in all those years smash runs long and ruins the schedule for everyone else, so if everyone votes to put it at they end they don't have to wait for the unwashed masses to jump around the map avoiding the actual fight and can instead go enjoy their afternoon in a place that won't smell of rancid garbage and the 8 players who will shit themselves mid game

>can finally watch SFV without going to bed at 4 AM

thanks Smash

eh the dbfzfags were acting the same way last year. And SFV and tekken fanbases are always at each other. I dont know where the obsession over entrants and popularity came from, was the FGC always like this?

I don't think you understood the post

Nah, it's one of the better fighters this gen. Great balance, really unique characters that are fun to play, big movesets where the large majority of moves are actually viable, short combos and a strong neutral focus, and lethal hits are great. Only real criticism is RE and CE animations taking too long.

yes i do

Hope Cass looks cool bros

Koreans and aris subs

bar of entry is difficulty of game not the amount of people who are playing it, a lower bar is an easier game that more people are able to play; bbtag having less people playing it is totally unrelated in anyway

>lower bar is an easier game that more people are able to play
yes, so bbtag
it's very easy

Rash in KI and Negan in Tekken 7
I don't play any SF clones other than KI tho

>plenty of tekken players gave soulcal a chance when it came out
sick lie

>isn't fun to watch
every single SC tournament has been great so far

>or to play
SC's true 3D and weapon combat are a lot better than tekken's 2.5D and homogenized shit

Attached: kodak.jpg (1189x1200, 86K)

a-any mk11bros here?

It was. There’s been a ton of new people just finding out about it, though.

which is not what you said, you just stated that it had less people playing it and now your trying to move your argument to make it look like you didn't misread the post and look silly

>tfw dormed in college with a guy who only played Sm4sh yet browsed r/kappa and tried to tell me to not like SFV
These are the people we share a board with.

yeah thats why it has 300 players right because its so much better than tekken truly delusional
and you can look at steam charts from sc6 release and see that tekken dropped and sc6 went up at the start because lots of people tried it out
i dont know why soulcal players are so desperate to deny relaity

>implying sc6 isn't fun to watch

Attached: Jeo sudoku combo.webm (640x360, 2.88M)

>you just stated that it had less people playing it
yes, because i was disproving the statement of
>>LOOK HOW MANY PEOPLE PLAY IT!
because it blends with
>>game with the lowest bar of entry
which is bbtag

i mean FGCtards are just as smelly as smashfags

Even a cursory glance at entry numbers should tell you that they have no real correlation with quality.

This, BBTAG should have been first.

you can lie to yourself if you want, soulcal is obviously on deaths door though

>ad populum
typical low IQ tekkentard, guilty gear has far less players than SFV but is a much better game

i would agree its better, the problem is no one ever gave it a chance
its a different situation to soulcal, which had a ton of players trying it out but all dropping it because of how shit the game is

Attached: glty.jpg (956x598, 47K)

Mr wizard will never put in a non current game in again outside of charity drive choice.

Nigger literally every fighting game peaks at launch and drops off, are you retarded?

Tekken is better and more popular.

every FG has a drop off like this you moron, I like the part where you don't show the release of Xrd

1/2 isn't bad

shouldn't tekken players be more concerned with drywall and destroying their basements?

>its normal for a game to start with 15000 players then drop down to 300 and still keep dropping
soul cal players are taking delusion to a whole new level

Please stop making tekken fans look bad
Unless you're false-flagging, in which case, mission accomplished I guess.

I'm just stating facts, my dude. No need to get salty.

yes? that's pretty on par with most fighters. learn how this shit works before feigning superiority

have you even looked at any other fighting game or are you retarded

>tekkenfag who doesn't play anything besides tekken shits up a fighting thread
You guys deserve that autist who ruins all your threads desu

Post your main, pic related is mine. Has been since Tekken 3, although they need to nerf low parry which makes my long combos useless

Attached: Paul_Phoenix_(T7).png (230x431, 115K)

>pretty on par with most fighters
lmao
we're done here this is a waste of time

It's the reason he does that

you're delusional.

>no he BTFO me! time to shit my pants and run as the thread dies
cry more bitch