Smash bros Ultimate

They’re in.

DLC thread

Attached: 26B01F14-062E-49F4-A2C5-973B4058F32A.jpg (1987x1138, 608K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sourcegaming.info/2015/07/09/megaman-villager-wiifit/
youtu.be/pDKyj35ew0E
strawpoll.me/18351416
strawpoll.me/18346830/
strawpoll.me/18351421
youtube.com/watch?v=MY6gkmxGF2k&t=0m5s
youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ygWEwK8Y
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
twitter.com/UNTIESWORLD/status/1147796417823383552
gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/446252992/
nintendo.com/games/detail/cuphead-switch/
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

5 days.

Attached: 9C6DA8D9-BF30-4FF9-938D-0BE5DE35DFA8.png (720x780, 249K)

Here’s your Valve rep, bros.

Attached: 2A46A30D-F73A-436B-BEC1-3AEB4B110611.jpg (3787x1534, 1.65M)

Amaterasu would be so fucking based.

Real talk, why the fuck is Banjo playable? He's an irrelevant character from a dead franchise who did shit for gaming.

Actual iconic characters like Bomberman, who has over 70 games mind you is only an assist trophy, but this ugly bear who has only 5 games, 2 of which weren't even in Japan gets to be playable?

Unfucking acceptable, you can't seriously defend this

I love Reimu!

Attached: 1522714104431.jpg (1654x1654, 249K)

>the mother direct leak was fake
Well, fuck. no playable porky or mother remake for us.

Attached: life is pointless, scoob.jpg (1280x720, 121K)

Nice

Here's your Smash 6 DLC Yea Forums

Attached: a15.jpg (680x962, 74K)

>sourcegaming.info/2015/07/09/megaman-villager-wiifit/
This kills the anti-chosenundeadfags

Attached: Fightme.png (1920x1080, 2.2M)

THIS

Best timeline right there.

Leon and hopefully Crash

Attached: image0 - 2019-07-22T092119.448.jpg (794x610, 81K)

That sounds fucking horrible. I’d rather have a rep be fore survival horror than tacticool shooter

I’d honestly rather have this.

Attached: A9BB7AA0-C785-43A7-8584-6F8A58E9057E.jpg (4000x2232, 2.01M)

>Assuming it's based mainly on RE4

I'd rather an RE rep but Ammy would still be cool. Chosen Undead is definitely the most likely Bandai rep and I dig Dark Souls so that would be dope.

Haha!

Not so fast, Eager McBeaver!

Attached: Photo_1561943576725.png (751x804, 389K)

Doomguy

Attached: 1443492042348.gif (636x414, 113K)

Knowing sakurai it definitely would not be based solely on RE4

When the fuck does Jill ever use a Hookshot or Crowbar

Fully expecting Hero to launch in like 2-3 days

Attached: IMG_20190616_212542.jpg (1960x1109, 1.67M)

Obviously won't be in the Fighters Pass and will more likley than not be additional DLC or appear in Smash 6.
But it would be pretty funny if Birdo was in Smash. Someday Birdo Bros.
Geno and Crash Bandicoot would also be cool too I guess.
youtu.be/pDKyj35ew0E

Attached: JPEG_20190721_215950.png (597x597, 270K)

Attached: 1562101753248.jpg (2730x3640, 1.7M)

Klonoa and Chief

Attached: Fighter_Pass_4_5.jpg (1980x1114, 1.08M)

Doombased.

Attached: 547A8933-3ECE-4946-819A-AFB9D3718D4A.jpg (4000x2222, 1.81M)

>When the fuck does Ness ever use half of his moves?
>When the fuck does Robin ever use Nosferatu?
>When the fuck does Simon use Richter moves?

Attached: C0DFC041-1FE2-4EA4-B5A5-6AFE12DDE0F4.jpg (300x268, 17K)

Why the fuck is this an issue when half the roster uses moves they don’t normally use?

Amaterasu would actually be interesting to include so that will never happen. Also fuck smash.

The ultimate character people are sleeping on right now. I mean come the fuck on, he’s Mr. Arcade, just like Pac-Man.

Attached: 203AB459-2653-453D-90A0-EC8BD3343EC6.png (485x418, 121K)

Pretty based.

>his character has to summon other characters to fight for them because they can't come up with a full moveset

Attached: 1527462945650.jpg (458x457, 41K)

Oh great, another copypasta, like smash didn't had enough of those.

DoomGuy is my absolute main pick since Brawl (or even Melee) i got Banjo-Kazooie, Daisy, Inkling and King K Rool as seconds the others got deconfirmed. I hope he'll make it. If not, its okay, i'll just main Banjo.

Attached: 1563268894878.gif (480x364, 635K)

97’ Frogger in smash being a grapple version of Simon would be K I N O

Attached: 54BDB40F-44B9-49DB-82F5-68A3F1B17D7E.png (220x266, 112K)

No need to worry. The leak may have been fake, but Porky is still coming.

(blocks your path)

Attached: 517WYBsJU-L.png (512x512, 50K)

It’s better than , which is uncreative AND doesn’t include summons. Summons are interesting and obviously weren’t necessary to make their moveset for Jill.

Oh look, delicious insects! You’ll make a scrumptious meal.

Arle Nadja!

Today's her birthday! Wish her well!

Attached: simoda.jpg (410x512, 71K)

Waluigi's birthday was yesterday

Agreed. Can't wait for the Mother spirit event featuring Porky as a boss.

Attached: 1560028801050.jpg (795x828, 101K)

>come up with moveset without summons
>"it's boring"
>people come up with moveset with summons
>"lol can't even think of a moveset"
I like this moveset but anti-RE fags complain about it

Attached: 1563578570566.png (623x216, 53K)

And it fits for RE4 Leon, which people don't seem to realize is less "survival horror" than other REs.

It’s not just anti-REfags complaining about it. It’s just boring all around. I like RE and want the best for it, which is why I prefer the summons moveset still because it incorporates so much more from the series and genre than just “muh guns.”

Based and happy birthday
I've been slowly working on redoing my old shitty moveset image so here's hoping i get that done soon

Attached: ArleTouch.png (291x416, 43K)

>Erdrick
Into the trash it goes

Luminary is also called Erdrick

Would be a godlike turnabout. Chosen Undead and Doomguy would be SO fucking cool.

Attached: 72FAA67A-3343-46B0-AF0A-E7622DB303EC.jpg (2000x1164, 486K)

>Erdrick
Nice leak lmao

>this shit again
The actual fighter is called Hero, not Erdrick,not Luminary. The fact that he fucked that up already raises a flag. And i seriously doubt this leaker actually beat DQ11 to see him get called Erdrick, considering the entire argument against dq was "he's a literal who in the west"

Second round of voting is done with a little over 300 hopefully real :^) voters tallied up. Doom Guy and Reimu hold on to their leads, underdog Phoenix pulls ahead beating out Crash with a very slight lead leaving him the only Capcom rep left. Here is the final 4 from the polls I was running in the earlier threads (along with our runner ups)

Please pick two from these top 4. After it gets enough votes, we'll have our top two most wanted characters for the remaining two slots decided. Even if your guy's been knocked out, be sure to vote for whoever you 'would' like among these four.
strawpoll.me/18351416
strawpoll.me/18351416

1. Doom Slayer (Doom) 151 (23%)
2. Reimu Hakurei (Touhou) 110 (16%)
3. Geno (Super Mario RPG) 94 (14%)
4. Phoenix Wright (Ace Attorney) 88 (13%)
5. Crash (Crash Bandicoot) 84 (13%)
6. Chosen Undead (Dark Souls) 59 (9%)
7. Jill Valentine / Leon S. Kennedy (Resident Evil) 51 (8%)
8. Bandana Dee (Kirby) 32 (5%)

Additional poll for the bottom 8 of first round:
strawpoll.me/18346830/
Additional poll for the bottom 4 of second round:
strawpoll.me/18351421

Attached: rosterpoll3.png (1800x1200, 3.82M)

It's please

Attached: file.png (950x534, 778K)

Attached: smash fighter pack.png (1200x675, 968K)

Based
Happy Birthday and also based!

Attached: piZap_1563479814891.jpg (720x428, 264K)

Reminder to expect any of these characters not already present in Smash to be on the fighter pass.

Attached: 2019-07-19 16_35_40-SSB4Dojo's Smash Poll Data Consolidation - Google Sheets.png (329x638, 17K)

Any past leaks that had "erdrick" and not "the luminary/the hero" are fake by default.

>Chosen Undead
>Amaterasu

literally my ideal dream situation

No, out of three characters so far we got ONE, and mostly because we never shut up about him, even after the ballot, and most of the top ones here got already one way or the other in the game. The ballot was used for the base game, the DLC is just business for Nintendo.

dumbass loli pedo, off yourself

FUCK OFF
YOU RUINED THESE THREADS EVEN FURTHER YOU NIGGER
I HOPE YOU'RE HAPPY ON WHAT YOU BROUGHT, YOU WORTHLESS CUNT

Datamine []
Leaks []
Trailer Theory []
Dev wants her in []

Attached: DOA5_Promo_Kasumi.jpg (720x720, 74K)

I refuse to use fan polls, my refusal coupled with others determines its info isn't accurate.

>the DLC is just business for Nintendo.
No it's not. Joker got in literally just because Sakurai wanted him in. Hero got in because he was a popular request with Japan and Banjo got in for the same reason just with the west.

Fucking stop already.

Okami Amaterasu
origin of all that is good and mother to us all
is humble you would include her
I've actually been replaying Okami after a reading thread dissing the game
just started and it's just as good as I remember

Attached: 1478529170758.png (1000x708, 652K)

Japan wanted Slime though

WE ALREADY KNOW THIS GARBAGE IS FAKE

FUCK OFF YOU ONLY DERAIL THE THREAD

>2 more sword faggots
please no

I don't think they're using the ballot as a be-all, end-all basis for the DLC, or even the base game. The problem with the ballot is the same as any poll like this - the people who respond don't necessarily represent a cross-section of people who like Smash, or of characters that are genuinely popular with large numbers of people in general.

Banjo is an obvious shoo-in there since 15% can't be fudged like that, but it gets a lot grayer when you start dipping below 10% and get into that zone of "meme characters" who are popular largely because Smash fans who are active on the internet/in forums discuss them a lot.

I'm not expecting a single character on that list who isn't already in to get in the fighter pass

Keep going

>we'll have our top two most wanted characters for the remaining two slots decided.
Your personal request list does not reflect Yea Forums

I remember seeing a some fan polls and list back during Smash 4 days, at least one of the protags was one them pretty consistently. Alternatively this could be a Alucard situation where more people would have wanted Slime but the Hero felt more appropriate. Either way, this clearly isn't just business.

Cope samefag. Everyone knows you're pushing a fake narrative

>hopefully real :^)

This is your problem, and why this thing can't really be seen as legit. Doomguy, Geno, Phoenix Wright - those characters don't surprise me as placing that high, they're all really popular and in the case of Geno have been memed as potential Smash characters for eons. But Reimu consistently coming in second place strikes me as really suspect. I could see her in the top ten, especially on weeb central places like Yea Forums, but I have an incredibly difficult time believing that's genuine.

Nintendo let Sakurai choice a character AFTER they decide to have a season pass. The fact he asked for an easy character to sell didn't hurt, and as far as we know, he may at least have been informed of the companies Nintendo was planing to work with, if Sega was involved, he just needed to point ar Joker. Dragon quest is popular in japan, that's true, but not in the west were nintendo personally publish their games, and because Japan wasn't sure for WHO ask for, even there Sora, who would have been better recive on the west, was ahead any DQ character on the polls. But Nintendo isn't selling a KH right now, they are selling DQ games. Also, just to be clear, I was an Erdrick fag, but I can't deny Sora's place on the polls.

And again, in regards Banjo, Sakurai didn't mention the ballot, he mention how many request the KEEP getting for Banjo on the west, even after they announced both K Rool and Ridley. And as Microsoft themselves say, they are an important third party ally for Nintendo, so they saw the potential on there.

I can't believe anyone can look at the season pass so far, and still believe a ballot that got compromised for the lack of imagination fans has at the time (a time before Cloud) will have any impacto on this season pass, specially after both Joker and Hero.

Not to mention that the reason he added that was because we had an entire thread dedicated to people explaining how his poll doesnt work, and people admitting to ballot stuffing.

At this point hes only posting it to shitpost and derail the thread.

Her producer wants her in, yet nobody at nintendo has ask him about the subject. We have no word for the rest of Tecmo yet.

Keep posting this

Not really, looking at some legit leakers and the way they talk about their sources, it seems "Erdrick" was the way around their sources found to avoid problems.

One describe how his source told him that the rumors about DQ at E3 where real, but when he ask him if it was Erdrick, the source just choice to not deny his claim.

Wait a fucking minute
You straight up admitted that you saw ballot stuffing, but you're here now saying that this poll will decide Yea Forums top most wanted?
How the fuck does that make any sense?

>Another anime swordsman

Attached: wojak10.jpg (216x276, 57K)

Janny is a seething ashleypedo

Attached: 23612by4w.jpg (870x380, 67K)

Is still a little irrelevant, someone once told me Japan was divided on WHICH character they would want from DQ, and though I am glad we got Hero in the end. The true is that both Geno and Sora where far ahead of the DQ characters on the Japanese polls, to not mention the western ones.

So still, the Ballot didn't help Hero to make it into the DLC, Square's and Nintendo's own interests did.

Pollfag here
As I said in one of the previous threads I'm aware this poll has issues and should be taken with a grain of salt. I'll do another poll using Google Docs sometime in the future to deter rigging, but this is mostly just meant for curiosity and fun to see who comes out on top. I'm aware the resulting two might not actually be the top two main picks for Yea Forums, I'm not trying to pretend to be an official final word in any aspect beyond the poll itself. Still, I think it's fun to see who will come out on top here.

And to be fair: current leaders by a solid bit are Doom Slayer and Phoenix, who seem popular enough to possibly be legit winners.

I’m betting Shantae is next, her or Doom Marine

I think Shantae can be meme into reality in the future, just like Banjo did after the Grinch leak, but not on this season pass.

Who?

>the generic ass "fun is a cover that lets me do anything" damage control
So why do you advertise it as official when you've confirmed that none of the numbers are real or accurate? You straight up say that it will decide Yea Forums's 2 most wanted characters

>I'm going to host another poll

For what fucking purpose? You're borderline just trolling with this one; Clearly only posting it now to stir the pot. Why do you think such a thing would be appropriate? And why would we validate your next poll when this one acts as proof of how bad at running them you are?

I've got a whole mess of picks, help.

>hopefully real :^)
Im guessing someone proved that you were tampering with the numbers then? Must be why the top 4 are literally whos that Yea Forums never discusses

>1st party
retards

HOLY SHIT FUCK OFF
THIS IS A FUCKING GENERAL
IF WE CAN'T HAVE CTR THREADS YOU SURE AS FUCK SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HAVE THESE EVERY FUCKING DAY
FUCK SMASH
FUCK NINTENDO

>It's just for FUN! Thats why its okay for me to fake numbers! FUN!
>but also I'll make actual images and charts so you can use it as real data in roster threads.
This is the most eloborate scheme to force your most wanted characters Ive ever seen

>reimu
Yikes!

I've never used the word 'official' in any of my posts, nor have I advertised it as definitive. I say it'll decide Yea Forums's most wanted characters because that is the goal of the poll but obviously an anonymous poll on a basket-weaving forum isn't the final word on anything.

I'm not trying to stir the pot whatsoever, I'm only re-posting it because I was looking to see if I could breach the 400 vote marker, but I'll make this the final post before determining the winners. Whether you wish to vote in any future poll I make is up to you, you're free to tell me to fuck off or ignore it or whichever you'd prefer.

Crash and Doomslayer are the last 2 fighters.

Bonus final fighter not a part of the fighter pass is Sandbag from the Smash series itself.

Reggie literally never said anything about "LE THIRD PARTIES ONLY" rule. Stop spreading fake information, you concave penis-having, snoy drinking, milky licking, cunnyposting, rosterfagging, literal homosexual, discord tranny, PapaGenos subscribing, LaxChris shilling, Switch Lite buying, Crash CTS reporting, fat autistic CUNT.

Attached: 1553475035217.gif (400x300, 3.39M)

>simon lower than bomberman and shovel knight
>simon's playable while they're AT's
Your faggy polls don't mean shit

Attached: 1555774411736.png (382x360, 342K)

No one needs to say third party only for it to be clear that the fighter pass is third party only. Bet we'll get one more 1st/2nd party fighter after the fighter pass though, to cap it all off kinda like Piranha Plant.

Also for the record: I see Reimu's poll numbers sky-rocketing inexplicably right now. I'll probably just cut off the poll here to avoid further rigging.

To be honest, these threads are kinda fun to read. Back before E3 there was certainly a lot of arguing, but in the end Banjo and a DQ rep were two of the most speculated characters. Now it just seems like there's no real consensus. I suppose the nearest anyone's come to it is with a Resident Evil, or possibly Doomslayer. Really makes these threads just amusing to look through, it's like the wild west out here.

Attached: 1508138532752.png (500x800, 598K)

>I've actually been replaying Okami after a reading thread dissing the game
I started it last week. I don't get why people say it's painfully slow. As soon as I got the brush powers as I was having a good time. It's a little too expository for my liking, but it's a fun action adventure game with enough opportunities to explore and experiment.

Here are the next DLC characters: Diablo, Doom Guy

>Batman

Attached: 57d08f521700000233c78495.jpg (325x496, 90K)

It's not a general because it's discussing a specific aspect of the game. With that being said janny's should crack down on the frequency of them.

>Chosen Undead
>It's actually Oscar
lmao

Why is Gordon such an ignored pick? He would be absolutely based

How about you fucking suck my fat chode, you autismbux receiving, BRAP smelling, Twitter screencap posting, paypig beta male, Fortnite playing, frogposting, light beer drinking, r/SmashBros posting, 2000 karma having fat autistic CUNT.

Attached: 1553983728429.gif (400x400, 1.81M)

Half Life has never been on a Nintendo system in any official capacity.

I think you confuse me for the person you were initially responding to, I only talked once in this thread (twice counting this reply), to state that I think it's pretty clear the fighter pass is indeed 3rd party only.

The low star is a problem for some people, but nothing major. The other Major flaw most people find is that the game doesn't know when to stop... which normally wouldn't be a problem if not for all the repeat content by the end.

Again, not a major flaw, it's still a really good ride until that point, but it can sour the expirience for some people.

Joker

I bought the fighter's pass; I'm just as tuned in as the next guy to see who I spent my money on.
I also bought CTR and am so fucking tired of some faggot mod deleting the threads on-sight, meanwhile there's the same fucking smash threads multiple times a day, and most of the time a few at once.

so?

Joker had already been on the 3DS in Japan in Persona Q2 before he was even announced for Ultimate.

Simon was still highly requested so they do. I never said that they would get in in this order. Any of these characters could get in.

the design is used for both characters interchangeably, and technically Oscar and a lot of the other NPCs count as Chosen Undeads as well

I'm not going to say it again, you bleach butthole having, dilating, election tourist, literal who requesting, pollfagging, patternfagging, nigger loving, buttplug-up-the-ass having fat autistic CUNT

Attached: if you reply to me you're gay.gif (540x540, 277K)

Even though the "rule" hasn't been broken yet, It has been stated by Sakurai himself that the rule doesn't exist, and it's just a courtesey that makes things easier.

K, you can keep saying that stuff, but these insults aren't really landing, because this is only the start of our discourse and I can tell you think I'm the same guy you were first replying to.

Gonna also post pic related since people apparently are too lazy to chek whether Sakurai ever actually claimed that being on Nintendo was required. The answer is no.

Attached: 2019-07-20 14_55_39-Sakurai On_ Third Party Characters – Source Gaming.png (719x79, 12K)

>Reimu had a crossover appearance with Kirby in another Bandai Namco title
youtube.com/watch?v=MY6gkmxGF2k&t=0m5s
>Bandai Namco has experience with the Touhou series
>Bandai Namco also made remixes of Touhou music
youtube.com/watch?v=0z9ygWEwK8Y
>Bandai Namco also has licenses to Touhou fan music
youtube.com/watch?v=A3Ppj87ma1Q
>Touhou is a pop culture phenomenon in Japan with two major conventions every year
>Sega and Nintendo sold arrange CDs at Reitaisai
shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,19472.msg1252539.html#msg1252539
>ZUN had officially given Nintendo a license, allowing Band Brothers players to upload music based on all Team Shanghai Alice albums
>3 Touhou fangames and an official spin-off is coming to Switch fairly soon
twitter.com/UNTIESWORLD/status/1147796417823383552
gematsu.com/2019/05/touhou-hyoibana-antinomy-of-common-flowers-coming-to-switch
>Leak mentions Rare Replay, DQ ports and Touhou ports
boards.fireden.net/v/thread/446252992/

I'm thinking she's got a fairly good chance of being in.

Attached: 1534615782569.png (708x531, 132K)

Sniff my bumbum

Attached: 1554344838214.jpg (960x1280, 102K)

That definitely isn’t a rule set in stone. And HL2 is one of the few Western games Sakurai has discussed before

Oh shit, Goku and Batman confirmed.

Everything did get a lot better when the annoying one was defeated. Leaks were defeated, leakers are silent and Steveposters died or laughed out of the board. Speculation can finally resume. That said I still hope Artorias happens. I admit I never thought about it until the Google theory and I still support him even though Google theory is dead. Plus Crash Bandicoot would be cool.

Attached: 1563420594448m.jpg (1024x559, 122K)

>Even though the "rule" hasn't been broken yet
But the point is, why would anyone assume they're gonna break the rule for a character like Gordon Freeman? What would Nintendo gain in any capacity from that ? It's not even like Banjo, where the character was heavily requested for Smash, and by all accounts HL is a dead IP anyhow.
Look, yes, you are correct that Sakurai didn't say "These characters MUST be on Nintendo systems!" But even in the quote you posted right here, he even admits that it'd be a courtesy. And seriously, nobody has ever given a good reason why Nintendo would add someone not on their systems that will never APPEAR on their systems. Especially when nobody requested them in the fan ballot and the IP is dead. I just can't get behind the reasoning that Nintendo will add in someone like Gordon Freeman "Just because"

seethe more, heres a (You)

Attached: 1560785983896.gif (554x554, 2.29M)

>That definitely isn’t a rule set in stone
Yes but seriously, why in the fuck would they even consider adding in a HL character? The IP has never been on Nintendo systems, Valve has almost never worked with Nintendo, the HL franchise isn't making new games... why in the heck would they ever do it? Gordon is famous? Well, so are a lot of vidya characters. You can make the exact same case for Thrall from WoW.

Quote says that its a courtesy to include a character to include a character who HAS been on a Nintendo system.

>And seriously, nobody has ever given a good reason why Nintendo would add someone not on their systems
And no one has ever given a good reason why they wouldn't. Nintendo and Sakurai in particular have never shown any hard stance against it.And Sakurai in particular has said multiple times he doesn't care about console wars.

I am not assuming nor defending Gordon, I am just pointing that the rule was never there to begin with, and we can't just keep brining it up at every character.

Just started yesterday and already 13 hours in. The combat is much easier then I remember but then I was like 9 when I first played. Loving the aesthetics and music in the game, so glad I got the HD recently. If they's one thing bugging me it's that damn izzun. Fucker refuses to just let me figure things out on my on.

>The other Major flaw most people find is that the game doesn't know when to stop...
That honestly happened to me too. I beat the game past the 3rd chapter and got demoralized I still hadn't beat it yet.

Attached: 1559842900225.jpg (1000x800, 191K)

>And no one has ever given a good reason why they wouldn't.
There's plenty of reason why they wouldn't add a character not on their systems though. First off, they'd get no actual benefit. Even with someone like Joker, they still have multiple Persona games on Nintendo systems either released or releasing. But with someone like the TF2 Heavy (which I've seen suggested) Nintendo would get no benefit. Heck, they don't even work with Valve much in the first place, so it's not like Valve has been supplying them constant 3rd party games. There's practically no upside, apart from any money they'd gather from the 3rd party dev.

Patternfag

>First off, they'd get no actual benefit.
If it was a company that owned literally no other IP then sure, but if it's a company that has a number of different IP they can lend Nintendo then there is plenty of benefit. Banjo for example offers no benefit since his series is dead, but MS could have offered Cuphead in exchange, or any other number of IP in the future. Just because that character itself isn't present on Nintendo consoles doesn't mean Nintendo doesn't get anything from their company.

>Banjo for example offers no benefit
Except for the fact that Nintendo and Microsoft have been doing a lot of cross-promotion recently and the fact that Xbox live is on Nintendo systems. That's a terrible example, user.

who?

Did you read the whole post of just stop there?

>MS could have offered Cuphead in exchange
Microsoft doesn't own the rights to Cuphead.

I did, and my post still aplies. Are you gonna respond to the actual meat of my post or ignore it?

It's still a console exclusive.

>well-known and popular series, active playerbase across all the games in the trilogy
>relevant, anyone familiar with vidya has at least heard of it in some form or another
>spiritual successor to one of the oldest 3D JRPG series and one of the oldest 3D Japanese console games
>remaster was announced to the public via a Nintendo Direct, and it's one of the few non-Nintendo series to get an amiibo
>brimming with potential for moves due to the sheer amount of weapons, spells, and items
>tons of stages, music, spirits, etc to pull from all three games
>composer for all three games has worked with Smash since Brawl
>Bamco loves promoting it, Sakurai has played the games, Nintendo clearly sees some interest in it
obviously not a 100% guarantee but you'd have to be silly to not think it has a really good chance

Attached: 36981426_p0.jpg (1410x850, 591K)

nintendo.com/games/detail/cuphead-switch/
This was announced well before Banjo user

What you said is literally no different than what I said. My point is that a characters series being on Nintendo is not required so long as the company has something else to offer.

And Banjo was decided well before this was announced.

>What you said is literally no different than what I said.
Yes, it is. You asked what benefit they'd get from Banjo, implying they'd get the same benefit from Banjo that they would from a Valve character. But Valve and Microsoft have totally different relations with Nintendo. Microsoft (like I just said) already had xbox live announced for Switch, while Valve has almost never done anything for Nintendo. They're basically as different as they could be.

>My point is that a characters series being on Nintendo is not required so long as the company has something else to offer.
user that's dumb though because Banjo WAS on Nintendo systems.

Nigger they could have just saw him and called him erdrick. There’s no reason to only belief they would have seen their names.

See

This character cannot be sold to anyone outside of Japan, at least DQ has relevance in other parts of the world.

What the fuck does this image even mean?

The Luminary is the main one, therefore it would have been more likely to have seen them over a literal alternate costume. Not to mention since they all appear in the CGI trailer, it is unlikely that the decision to have them all included was made late into their development.

>anime

I never asked what benefit they would get, I pretty clearly said they would get none from him. As in his series offers them no benefits because it's dead, but that Microsoft can offer other stuff. Be that other IP or Xbox Live or whatever. The point is the same, I just didn't mention Xbox Live. I also am not going to bat for Valve specifically, just the idea that companies with multiple IP can offer Nintendo something in return for a Smash inclusion. It also can be announced to the public at any time, so it doesn't matter if Valve isn't publicly working with Nintendo, they could come in and announce something after a character reveal (not that I expect or want a Valve character)

The main point I am making is that being on Nintendo systems never has been a requirement companies can and will work how they want, if Nintendo went to Valve for a character or if Valve offered them something in return for a character in Smash, we could learn about what that is at any time.

>reimufag is no fun allowed
Shocking

>arle made it to 13th
fucking nice

But the Japanese name is still Yuusha, with the code name being Brave, if they didn't saw the actual character, but got this info in regards Yuusha being in, is still likely that most insiders close to Japan would assume Erdrcik, and from there pass the info to the west.

There is also the fact that both Luminary and Erdrick were actually leaked as soon as the DLC was reveal, but as the speculation cycle keep going, the name Erdrick gained more notoriety, so even insiders where asking for Erdrick to their sources, then this sources play around the name of Erdrick to talk about a Dragon Quest rep, without putting their jobs at risk by explaining the actual deal.

>Banjo WAS on Nintendo systems
WAS, not anymore. What do they stand to gain from adding a character that they no longer own and can't do anything with?

docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Th4pdsrzs-6X303PPpw5m-b4JHJ0_cGRKU15KYlTe1E/edit#gid=729442469

And above Shadow, which only makes it better.
I wish Nights could have gotten a mention, but you can't ask for everything in life.

This doesn’t matter. Halflife is a revolutionary game and salurai himself has stated this as well that he likes the series.

If someone had genuine insider information, they would know that Hero is 4 characters and also named Hero, simple as that. Anyone who only said Erdrick was piggybacking off of everyone else who said Erdrick because they also knew jack shit.

They’re damn near the same character anyways. They serve the same purpose and everything. The only difference is that he dies and you don’t.

Whelp, you’re gay.

>I never asked what benefit they would get, I pretty clearly said they would get none from him.
But that's bullshit though, Microsoft has an active relationship with Nintendo. Like I just said over and over, Xbox is offering xbox live through the Switch. If Valve was offering Steam through Switch or something then I could see your point, but Valve has never had any relations with Nintendo. Comparing Microsoft and Valve in this situation is so silly I find it laughable, Micosoft is offering them a constant incentive. Yes Valve could theoretically do so in the future, but they haven't so far. That's the point, really.
>The main point I am making is that being on Nintendo systems never has been a requirement companies can and will work how they want
Sure it's never been an in-stone requirement, but there's absolutely no reason for Nintendo to WANT to do so. You keep pointing out that companies in the same vein as Valve would offer a lot of IPs, but plenty of gaming companies have plenty of IPs. Capcom, Square, they have plenty of IPs and those companies actively work with Nintendo. I (once again) can't get behind the idea that Nintendo would actively pursue a character from a company that DOESN'T work with them, just because.

WAS, not anymore.
Yes but he still was on Nintendo systems. Which makes this line
>My point is that a characters series being on Nintendo is not required
Particularly dumb. Oh, and Banjo was highly requested in the polls too.

There was a 5ch leak where the guy said "Hero", not Erdrick, called the alt costumes and Luminary as default, but he didn't get Banjo

Because it’s fucking halflife? What WOULDN’T they gain from it? Halflife 2 and the idea of 3 have been the biggest games in the industry for years. They would gain damn newr the entirety of the PC audience.

>Because it’s fucking halflife?
Oh, you mean the IP that's dead in the water and they'll likely never continue?
Oh man, Nintendo better hop on that! Maybe they can get PORTS of parts 1 and 2!

Nintendo would do it because they like money.

Halflife 2 released 15 years ago. Episode 2 released 12 years ago.

This. Chosen Undead or Artorias would be kino.

Attached: 209DE12A-D618-46F6-AF86-2F6F8D155552.jpg (4000x2333, 2.3M)

>Yes Valve could theoretically do so in the future, but they haven't so far. That's the point, really.
Not publicly no, but they could be have been working with Nintendo in the past for something they intend to announced after a hypothetical character announcement.

>I (once again) can't get behind the idea that Nintendo would actively pursue a character from a company that DOESN'T work with them, just because.
Or more accurately you can't get behind the idea of Nintendo pursuing a character with a company YOU THINK doesn't work with them.

You keep trying to draw line with Valve or any company you think isn't working with Nintendo on the other side but in reality there is no line when we have no clue what dealings are going on between companies.

>nights
good taste user

Attached: Arle.png (220x343, 75K)

Wow this is outdated as hell

>Yes but he still was on Nintendo systems. Which makes this line
Except Sakurai disproved that with his own quote that being on Nintendo is not required.

>Oh, and Banjo was highly requested in the polls too
Which is why he got in, it's not because he was on Nintendo systems that's for sure.

Sakurai doesn't pay attention to online request and has said he gets his info from the ballot, outdated or not it's pretty much the only poll that matters right now.

Realiatically why would they NOT want ports of 1 and 2? They’d sell fucking millions. Hell, Freeman in smash would sell millions. Just because the series is dead doesn’t mean everyone who loved it before is magically going to stop giving a fuck about it.

Your argument has no logic to it whatsoever.

Spongebob is legitimately the most based character that has the tiniest chance of getting in at the moment.

ENTER OTIS, HUSBAND TO REIMU AND KILLER OF JIREN'S FAMILY.

Attached: Otis.png (900x505, 409K)

That literally proves that every leak that only said Erdrick is false, as if this leaker knew the truth about Hero than surely others would have too.

And? Banjo released in the 90’s.

Valve released a game on switch already. Do your research.

What is this from, again?

Nintendo chose the characters, not sakurai. What sakurai gets his character ideas is irrelevant when he’s not the one choosing. Sorry.

How did you not know this?

because he's even flatter a character than doomguy

>samus
>megaman
>villager
He’s fine.

Sakurai has final say as per his tweet, he also was the one who chose Joker, not Nintendo.

Attached: dlc fighter pass.png (1980x1112, 2.03M)

>And? Banjo released in the 90’s.
The last Banjo game was in 2008, so it's newer than HL
>Valve released a game on switch already. Do your research.
Valve bought a company that was already making a Switch game. Don't be retarded on purpose.

visual novels are bad

It's a consolidation of 14 different polls from around the time of the ballot as well as the SourceGaming Japanese poll.

>implying Geno isn't a bonus character outside of the pass

Uh...YES PLEASE

Attached: excitement.png (597x637, 307K)

I'd be cool with Amaterasu.

But then I want Layton & Luke for the other slot.

but those all benefit from the Nintendo bonus
Gordon Freeman is a theoretical physicist who had hardly earned the distinction of his PhD

>Not publicly no, but they could be have been working with Nintendo in the past for something they intend to announced after a hypothetical character announcement
I think this argument is, no offense, kinda silly. We saw plenty of evidence of Microsoft and Nintendo working together before the Banjo announcement. Yet with Valve, the argument is that they're totally planning all this secret content for Nintendo. Yes, it could be happening, but there's been absolutely no indication of such.
>Or more accurately you can't get behind the idea of Nintendo pursuing a character with a company YOU THINK doesn't work with them.
No, they have had almost no dealings at all in the past. The only Switch game published by Valve was from a company Valve bought that was already working on a Switch game. Never at any level has there been any indication the two companies are trying to work together.
>You keep trying to draw line with Valve or any company you think isn't working with Nintendo on the other side but in reality there is no line when we have no clue what dealings are going on between companies.
Like I already said earlier, I find this argument to just be silly. Using this same logic, I can point out that it's really dumb for you to hope for Valve because we have no clue what dealings are going on. Heck you can make that argument with literally anyone, but that's why I'm pointing out that it makes very little logical sense. And if the argument is "well, they might just suddenly be giant business partners despite all evidence" then I can't really get behind that.

>first time doomguy fights diablo is in smash
damn

But a nigga has saved the world twice

>defeats the Nihilanth and invites in the Combine
>dick around in Eastern Europe to incite a hopeless rebellion
didn't do shit really

She’s in.

Attached: B64E8CB1-CC74-4189-94D3-7C1C9D83FC82.jpg (4000x1520, 1.27M)

Based.

>all these asshurt replies over a meaningless poll
Rosterfag autism never ceases to amaze me.

Attached: 1563463660969.jpg (700x800, 148K)