How do i make the combat in this game less clunky and slow...

How do i make the combat in this game less clunky and slow? I've tried the fast weapons but they do less damage and they play like shit too.

Attached: MHW.png (963x649, 1.06M)

bump

I'm sorry user but MHW is the most baby tier MH game with the loosest controls in the entire series.
If you can't get into it then don't even bother.

Combos
I dont know, I play gunlance so

Maybe the game simply isnĀ“t something for you

I bought it full price, i wanna make my money's worth.

What weapons did you try?

Return it while you still can.
No reason to try and force yourself to like it.

HGB and SA

but i have 100 hours already

i fucking love greatsword so much holy shit

>but i have 100 hours already
You already beat the game and are at least 20 hours into the end game and you still don't like it?
What is wrong with you? You should have known what the game is like less than 2 hours into it.

switch axe is probably tied for hammer for worst weapon in the game

try insect glaive.
the game will click when you find your favorite playstyle with certain weapons. i main hammer.
you have to be deliberate in this game, it's not dragons dogma or dmc

>I've tried the fast weapons but they do less damage
Damage numbers were a mistake.

SA feels a bit greedy and unsafe all the time because aside from hops you have no defensive skills. Grappling body parts with discharge is tons of fun until you realize you get blown off with a slight breeze.
Hammer is just hammer and how much you enjoy it depends on how much you like grug smashing things so I love it

unironically try the LS

This, it hits a sweetspot in terms of attack speed and reach and feels really good even outside of foresight slash shenanigans.

When you play for 100 hours you realize all the fast weapon feel wavy and boring and all the slow weapons feel methodical and satisfying.
The issue is you're probably in low rank where you can spam at monsters when this is a game about positioning and finding times to get those sweet huge hits.

Charge Blade. There's a contact sense of flow with guard points, SnS combos, mode switching, etc. It seems clunky at first but once you get used to moving through combat states, your constantly doing SOMETHING.

Alternatively, . If I can't hook someone with CB or LS, the game probably isn't for them.

Fuck, all the typos but you get what I'm saying. Try CB.

try lance. it may seem slow and clunky but thats the game. the shield is a good crutch and the moveset is simple enough

you will realize you can counter attacks, and can stick to the monster a lot. especially if you utilize the charge move. i always use it on diablos because fuck that nigger

I'd recommend Bug Glaive, but you have to figure out how it works. Basically how you play with it: collect 3 essences from different limbs of the monster, juggle yourself infinitely in the air delivering landing windmills one after another.

>lighter weapons are faster but don't do as much damage as slower heavier weapons

No shit. You need to drop this game immediately. Probably best to stick with first person shooters.

Attached: billy-christian-nergigante-mhw-fanart.jpg (1200x848, 225K)

Play with the Long sword. Also keep in mind that weapons that due less damage also due more dps then weapons that do heavy damage so it pretty much evens out.

>Imagine coming to Yea Forums to ask about weapons you can test yourself in the game.

You can't make this shit up.

>retard puts 100 hours into a game
>beats the game
>"wait a minute this combat feels clunky"

Attached: 1355114773996.gif (400x315, 1.91M)

I don't know why I spelled "do" as "due" please no bully.