Mario Maker 2 Course Exchange Thread

Let's share our Courses and either compliment or insult each other.

Attached: 1562936809718.jpg (1024x1024, 128K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3HvwtbC2C8M
youtube.com/watch?v=yhTFTuSz83o
twitter.com/contentfreetime/status/1152711241938264064
youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M
supermariomaker.eu5.org/index.php
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Anchor post.
Reply to this with your courses.

Attached: 1562173975732.jpg (1280x720, 61K)

"1 percent of the makers controls 90 percent of the farts" Fart Post

NEW - Fart Knox
- 395-9TJ-BPG

Fartship Down 2 : Flatulent
- T8R-5TC-XXF

The Curse of King Toot'N'Brappin
- Q9D-KVV-KFF

The Fart and the Furious
- L76-8FF-G0H

Brap Factory
- SSR-1R8-WSF

Descending Into Gas
- RD9-C6V-82G

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-11 pol - Politically Incorrect - 4chan.png (390x231, 211K)

I'll start us off.

Goin Dark
Q0D-RN1-YNF
Theme: SMB

Haven't used the underground theme or night haunted house yet although, this is me more wanting to test mess around with the night haunted house. I admit, I could have used the lighting from sound effects more for the dark section, but this I hope was a decent enough attempt.

Peak Interest
5JD-RRM-N1G

Course based around limited floor as it's ment to be set in the peaks on snowy mountains. Was originally going to make it night as well but for balancing this was undone as could become a little BS with the limited space to move.

Dire Foundation V2
63H-VO7-VRG

An update on my high effort map. Now with mushrooms, removed troll room, less retarded positioning for one of the boss fights and better secrets. This is a trail based course with the goal being to get through the building.

Attached: 1562186364017.png (348x383, 22K)

this thread's probably gunna get nuked by the jannies

>P-Switch Pyramid (NEW! - webm related)
MHJ-FL3-V0H

short standard/puzzleish course themed around p-switches and bob-ombs. (optional) 3 big coins to collect for extra challenge.
Feedback would be appreciated.

Attached: MHJ-FL3-V0H.webm (1280x720, 2.59M)

Fart Knox
- 395-9TJ-BPG

Attached: Screenshot_2019-07-13 Suptv org • alpha(1).png (1008x370, 517K)

My newest level, Clouds n' Castles

Attached: Clouds n Castles.jpg (680x383, 69K)

game is coming up on a month its been out soon, anyone think nintendo will come out with a patch or talk about an update?

anyone remember how long it was until the first major content update for SMM1?

all we know is that online co-op with via friend list is coming in an update
I know MM1 had a bunch of shit added to it over time so maybe this will too

I made a level based on that one Indiana Jones scene where the boulder chases him.

> The P Switch of Doom 2
- 68D-C8F-9QG

Feedback appreciated!

Attached: 757EB0E9-F69E-4E10-8B87-CDB8A0BCB183.jpg (1989x1125, 1.55M)

Hopin to get another course out sometime today. Thrilled at the idea of red parakoopas and bloopers carrying cannons as a moving platform. Shouldn't be too frustrating because you can always just exit and re-enter the sub-area to reset everything. Just need to do some fine tuning, add coins, and finish the last two sub-area rooms.

I'll play all these and give feedback after I have some lunch.

Attached: Red Cannon Cavern WIP.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

>Goin Dark
holy fuck I can't even get past that first fire bar are you kidding me

2-6 Great pyramid
J92-RDV-BMF

Short easy stage, albeit a bit longer than many other of my stages. By Yea Forums standards it would be considered easy, but it's definitely harder than the original game.

TV2-DS5-MJG

Git gud at triple jumps

Got some advice on my first course yesterday, here's the edited version. 644-88H-SKF.

Well I did just upload a new stage. Cringe incoming!

"We need your help NOW. The Moles... they... it's too many *brrzz* *crrk*
Board your ship and fly to the Mole Fleet's location in the Outer Ring. Train and exercise. When you are ready, infiltrate the Mole Fleet and make your way to their General. Kill him. Then get the hell out of there.

Good luck, Commander!"

D9W-KF1-3SF

Attached: molefleet.jpg (861x545, 189K)

>Cloudcookie Fortress:
BNF-CCS-QSG
>In a floating castle cloaked by clouds, an old power lays in wait for its former master.
>Inspired by someone saying they've never played a fun superball level.

Pointy Plant Pipeline: RHT-XKQ-CKG

I make a lot of traditional levels usually focused around one or two objects. This level is based around piranha plants and munchers, and using stilletos to jump on them, while still being possible without use of the stilleto.

MrDannyB, if youre here, I love your levels!

-fartman

Attached: 1546014459171.jpg (1456x1848, 372K)

My levels are things you could actually find in a Mario game. They have a purpose and a main idea behind them. Please enjoy them. They are really easy and fun.

>Bowser's castle is now equiped with a bunch of new traps!
3JQ-28G-Q0H

>An underground tunnel filled with buzzy beetles
MS2-S2W-8FG

>An actual enjoyable underwater level
535-K0S-JHF

>A simple overworld level.
5CF-1F3-8MG

>A normal Mario 3 desert level
XMJ-F2T-TFF

I fat fingered it and accidentally tapped Boo. Really didn't mean it, was gonna heart it.

Thanks I'm going to kill myself now.
It's okay though, I make levels so people can have fun, not to farm upvotes.
It's also interesting to see that it does do a visible hit to maker points. Mine went from 2045 to 2027, hoping that's all it does and doesn't take it out of the endless rotation, that would be too much power for a random irreversible mistake to have. Nintendo can't be that dumb, right?

different user here, I liked it so hopefully that balances out

Just make a thread claiming Yamamura is in Smash so it doesn't get moved to /vg/.

Attached: touhou_mario__imperishable_night_snes_cover_by_matsurikasugano_d7ei8da-fullview.jpg (1024x771, 120K)

I'll play it and like it to hopefully reset that other guy's boo

I'm making a 1-1 with a twist stage. What kinds of twists would be fun/funny/mean?

I'm thinking a poison mushroom in the star block and maybe lava in the bonus area.

Gotchu man I just played your stage and liked it. Actually deserved a like too, really well made and looks so nice.

>What kinds of twists would be fun/funny/mean?
A twist where you actually make a good original level instead.

a meowser fight and enemies from top to bottom

I have no originality, so this is the best I can do.

Because I went through so many times during testing, I musta forgot how difficult it was.
Jump up the moment the whole of the bar goes into the wall then just hold right sprinting.

I feel like my energy is slowly leaving me for making courses.
Maybe it's the 30+ degrees outside.

the sad part is this is actually true.
Remember a month ago where the etika thread was pinned?

IDK who etika is because 4channel is so shitty I barely come here any more and I don't care about e-celebs.

Like this.

Attached: mJ_jmKfijGu_sVdK (1).webm (640x360, 1.68M)

Played the gas station, meme stage?
Anyway, made de W.R
Awesome level design, very professional, loved the final puzzle, looking forward for your other stages

I'm gonna play more stages from your guys.

Sincerely appreciate any feedback

My new courses:

- Cannon Frenzy
Level Id: TG4-QYG-5VF
Style: SMB3
Difficulty: Normal
Description: Cannons, there's a lot of cannons, some are helpful and some are deadly.
It's a good looking stage with a moderate level of challenge.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
- MRADIUS - A Gradius Tribute (NEW)
Level Id: DYP-F77-JPG
Style: SMW
Difficulty: Mildly hard
Description: A adaption of the first stage of the classic shooter Gradius with a Mario flavor.

some nigger who was known for making over-the-top reactions to smash reveals, he offed himself recently and the mods felt that was worthy of a sticky - which was hypocritical as fuck as not long before then a sticky was put up to say e-celeb discussion does not belong on Yea Forums after some youtuber eceleb dick picks surfaced or something and Yea Forumstards kept spamming threads about it.

I beat Goin Dark on my first life, but I had like 28 seconds left. The course is very uneven with its difficulty. The firebar has a small window of time for the player to get through, and then the fast moving donut on that last track. The moon was a neat idea to keep the course lit, and while it is a ghost house it's still tough to tell where to go. The last challenge with finding the mushroom in all those question blocks was pure tedium. Overall I didn't really a flow to the level, the difficulty just spikes and then recedes instead of progressing, and it just felt like a chore to play.

Peak Interest was even worse, just a dull gauntlet of careful jumps, and then after beating Boom Boom you have to go through the exact same sequence again just to get in a pipe with nothing exciting after it but falling down a trail of coins. The issue I'm seein with your courses is that there's no freedom for the player to do things their way, it has to be done ONE way or you're dead. So even if a player beats your courses they won't feel compelled to go back to em.

This one was pretty cool, interestin how you played with the hardblocks to customize the autoscroll. Spent way too long but I was havin fun see what else I could bust.

That was a nice decent challenge, but when you go down the red pipe back into the sub-area the concept gets kinda stale. The Bowser Jr fight's also pretty plain.

Not much to it, just runnin. Also the way this course works can be really fucky. My first time the last shell chasin me got knocked out by the on/off blocks. The second time, one of the switches was too far offscreen I guess because of how I ran and I was blocked from runnin and got hit by the incomin shell.

Attached: SMB1 Run.gif (500x320, 15K)

>Goin Dark
>Peak Interest
Grateful for the detailed feedback.

Attached: 1562173477959.gif (370x300, 161K)

P-Switch Pyramid user here, thanks for the kind words. It took a ridiculous amount of time to get the scrolling to work work. scroll stop with vertical downscrolling are hell to work with, timing it just right so you can't ever die due to the autoscroll was a nightmare. Here's hoping I playtested it enough to avoid potential bullshit deaths. Just got started on my next level, which will have a generally faster pace to it as I usually don't make puzzle levels; hopefully I can get it done much quicker than the last one.

On an unrelated note I don't think anyone has been able to get that 30 coin & 1-up yet.

its fine i guess, getting a little tired of these 'hold run to epic' speedrun courses, though. i don't think i've ever played a course with the speedrun tag that was good.

I like almost all speedruns. It's satisfying to hit all on/off blocks just right and make it to the pole with 0.02s left for example.

That's because you're a zoomer that grew up with mobile phone autorun crap.

Attached: 1559607677699.jpg (700x1050, 176K)

I'm 32 and started on my dad's atari playing pitfall.

PJ6-SV6-7WG

And

9D7-XJQ-QFF

Attached: zpj5pyymqlxz.jpg (312x266, 31K)

>calling others zoomer for enjoying speedrun levels as if they were invented my mobiletrash
way to out yourself as underage, faglord

Flooded Forest:
DYW-V89-NPF

I tried to make a level that was difficult, but not too hard and has multiple paths.

Attached: EADnS_PUwAEfnOE.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

shut up, tranny. speedrun levels are the de facto zoomer tag, there is a reason they didn't get super popular until MM2.

Gonna update Goin Dark as I agree some things could be tweaked.

there wasn't a tag for them in SMM1, moron. People absolutely made them in SMM1 though I know as I had made one myself back then

I'm bummed this theme isn't in the game, it'd be perfect for intense platforming sections and puzzle rooms/courses.

youtube.com/watch?v=3HvwtbC2C8M

it would get annoying fast, I could see it being useful as one of the music sound fx options though that you'd put in your bonus rooms and stuff though.

cringe

That's what I was thinkin, one of the SFX. Or at least some kind of arrangement that takes the theme and builds on it. It's strangely great.

Not sure if this is common knowledge, but I think this principal can be implemented well to create essentially locks or dual lock systems to get into pipes. Methods like blocks P switches, blowing up debris with bob ombs, etc. Just wanted to share something I learned today.

Attached: file.png (832x525, 486K)

Can something come out of a half blocked pipe though?

>Newest:
Chomp Thwomp Mines: LGD-51T-3RG
Fairly difficult SMW level based on, as you've probably figured out by now, thwomps and chain chomps. It's completely linear and you'll need to spin jump with precision and timing. It's sitting at a 9% clear rate right now.
>Older levels:
Brick Block Dungeon: H71-7XX-Q0H
Hitchhikers: RKG-NV3-D1H
Memory Mansion: 1QN-74N-JMG

Very nice, straightforward stage. I prefer linear/challenging levels over open/exploration ones, so I really enjoyed this. Also, I'm glad you used the airship theme, because Monty Moles are much easier to deal with when they're moving in slow motion. I left you a doodle.

>Goin Dark
Did you delete it? I was just about to play it.

Attached: 1543468120328.png (500x500, 185K)

Not sure! My guess is so, but you'd need to test. If that is the case, then you could a 1-way lock through pipes that way.

no

No.
Some user posted a level where several pipes were blocked by pow blocks. One for each pipe. Normally boos are supposed to come out of them but with the pow blocks on top of them nothing was able to come out.

That's a very nice doodle, must've been quite some work. Appreciate it a lot mate, I love drawings.
Gonna check out your Chomp Thwomp Mines.

Out of the Woods - Wario Land 3 (5CK-HMH-JBG) - A remake of the Wario Land 3 level in the SMB1 Jungle style. Make sure to collect all the red coins for a surprise.

Indiana Toad: Pyramid of Doom (5MY-P62-PBG) - A puzzle story based level starring Toad in a desert as he tries to stop Bowser from stealing ores for money.

Indiana Toad 2: Mechanical Mines (HDT-6LH-VPG) - A sequel to Indiana Toad that involves going underground to stop Bowser Jr's grandest plan yet! Red Coins are optional. (Puzzle/Standard Level)

Marioware Inc (Twisted is better but here it is anyways RSM-PSK-X3G) - A Warioware styled level full of minigames.

The Sorrowful Tale of Skipsqueak (9YR-80K-0RF) - A standard/autoscroller level that caused by your murder of the poor and innocent Skipsqueak. Make sure to go into the hidden door for a "bonus prize"

Toadette & The Time Pipe Machien (9FF-KWN-NSF) - Standard/Short level that involves traveling back in time to stop Bowser from ruining the future. (Example 1-1)

Luigi's Inferno (GY6-DX8-41G) - A boss rush level that invovles Goombas and P-Switches, Koopas and On/Off Switches and much more.
Indiana Toad 3: The Last Crusade (02X-NVL-8NG) -

Marioware: Twisted (The better of the two 40J-TKM-WLG) This is a more Warioware like level than the 1st one and has taken more advantage of the crazy stuff you can do in Mario Maker 2 much better.
1/2

Luigi's Mansion: Phantom Pipes (3HV-QC4-YTF - After finding the main area of the mansion walk around the mansion to get items you'll need to advance in the mansion to stop King Boo once again.

Snowy Shoe Shrine: (FQW-N04-BTF - A comfy snow level full of wonders, plants, and above all else shoes. Make sure to explore the cave to the fullest!)

Oh Ship (MP3-H79-DGF - The terrfyingly huge number of airships comes closer the the Mushroom Kingdom! Will Mario and Co. be able to stop the madness in time?)
Survive the Fish Bones! (945-HPQ-W4G - A Mario Bros. level but with a twist! You must survive until 20 fish bones hit the ground, but until then stay alive.)

Kamek's Katastrophic Gameshow! (75D-GPJ-H6G Kamek has offered a prize pool of 1,000 coins if you can complete his challenging game show! Will Mario & Co. win the big prize?

**NEWEST LEVEL**
Bob the Bomb-Omb - Help the bomb omb travel across the lava filled castle full of On/Off Switches, Lava Bubbles, Munchers and other traps.

BY5-C69-8VG (Bob-Omb Blast)
An autoscroll, coin collecting, bob-omb throwing stage.
GQ9-YWF-01H (Green, Green Pipes of Home)
It's more so made for multiplayer versus, it's a maze level.

3 IQ cretin.

I worked a really long time with this one and im proud of it

4WG YMX 7DF

BR9-FF3-8WF

If you see something that interests you, try it out and let me know what I can do to improve.

Also I thought these threads were being cucked into now

>Chomp Thwomp Mines: LGD-51T-3RG
Was absolutely superb. Design and gameplay on point, fair and fun challenge and cool ideas on how to iterate on the main idea behind the stage.
Just a perfect level. You're all so good at making now, I'm starting to feel embarrassed about my own stuff!

what's the source of this image?

youtube.com/watch?v=yhTFTuSz83o
fun little watch

Bowser Jr.'s Amped-up Airship Armada

BL0-5CQ-QKF

Bowser Jr. has taken his fleet to the skies, and he's improved his Koopa Troop's offensive abilities! Defeat Bowser Jr., make your way through, and bring the Airship down! (Difficulty rating: Tough!)
PS. Can you find all 3 Star Coins [30-Coins]? Good luck!

Attached: thumbnail.jpg (1200x675, 168K)

ty

056-2YX-41G - House of Deja Vu

Basically the idea ksits the same stage layout every time but new things get added into it. There are two stage layouts. It's not too challenging and it's kinda of a test of the idea. Hope you like it

Do you ever play a course and wish you had had that idea?

Thanks! That's high praise. Some segments are a retread of a level I made in MM1, so I've had a long time to iterate on these ideas.

>Cloudcookie Fortress
There's some really slick ideas here, like the buzzy beetle bridge and the boss door. Really nice execution.

>Goin Dark
Aye, changing some things.

>/vg/ thread is already garbage, slow as molasses with very few people discussing levels and noticeably more arguing/shitposting faggotry
>Yea Forums thread is on topic, people playing and discussing levels and generally much friendlier attitutes
what the fuck was the mod thinking trying to force this to /vg/ holy fuck

Tower of Heaven
7H3-Y21-SRG

A straightforward, but really difficult castle/sky level

Frosty Foothill Frolic
GX8-9V3-GQF

A VERY short and simple ice level (though there's an alternate path that's quite challenging)

I just wish people stopped starting threads in such a "general-y" way and stop it with that anchor post.
You're only giving the haters more ammo.

Not an idea exactly, but I played a great boss rush level in Super Expert yesterday with an awesome main room. The bosses were pretty creative too, especially the yellow pipe one. I wish I was this good at decorating. The code is NDS-V4T-C5G.

Attached: EAGU7UoUYAYBPi1.jpg (1280x720, 228K)

I don't get why it even matters, can anyone give even 1 good reason why a recurring thread is a bad thing? Especially for a recent popular game that's literally all about the community aspect. I've never understood why discussion of a videogame triggers the mods so much

Because it means theres less room for waifu threads

I'm just saying that in the past I have seen someone explain that threads for games which have generals on /vg/ are still ok on Yea Forums so long as they start out with a specific question/discussion point and not just "x thread"

If anyone's interested I'll be doing a video review on my shitty youtube channel of any levels posted here: twitter.com/contentfreetime/status/1152711241938264064

Attached: 18e6366adea379ab78353d5808d1231b3e8f246dv2_hq.jpg (660x1020, 62K)

I am aware, but I am asking why this is the case

Fort Koopa Katastrophe
5T2-XR3-5QF
Those bumbling Koopas have stolen Mario's coins! Can you get them back?

Bowser's Munition Factory
65L-36D-MTG
Bowser's making munitions, ready to destroy Mario! Go stop Lt.Boom Boom!

Into the Robot
NTM-L78-CQG
Poor, friendly Robot is fulla glitches! Try and fix him!

Attached: smug plant.png (290x296, 104K)

no

All the threads are the same, it's just trash codes spammed while no one plays them and no one discusses the game. In fact, those threads don't belong to /vg/, they belong to /trash/.

Why do you make up lies?
I get tons of plays on all stages I made (over a dozen) from here.
I also play tons of stages posted here.

And there's many that do exactly like I do.

>while no one plays them and no one discusses the game
based blind shitposter

No, I just steal the idea lol

Hidden Block Mayhem
D1C-R94-TFF

Repostin my levels, appreciate the anons who played through them last night and the responses

Ripsaw's Revenge: 9JF-G0X-FKG
Gauntlet: The Legend of Mario: KJP-F7F-FPF
30 Coins, Endless Pain: TSR-K1C-N0H
Boom Boom's Midnight Boat Rides: TDC-l1X-RCG
Mr Boo's Wild Ride: G9J-VG4-SMF

Attached: 1562635983786.png (911x1290, 1.1M)

Goin Dark is back up, now as V2.

QS2-S44-S1H

Attached: EAGaiAzUwAAzFwU.jpg (1280x720, 308K)

V2: Made some jumps less retarded, added better secrets, adjusted starting area, added more time and reworked the final challenge.

>See different anons shill their stages constantly
>Okay, I'll try it
>It has something like 15 plays and 4 hearths
Also, the classic
>Play user's level
>It's pretty decent and I leave a like+doodle
>They never play mine in return

BXW-2N8-BRF

Short and sweet

So what you are actually mad about is that you "only" got 15 plays and 4 likes for a stage you posted? And ever since you decided to go on a revenge crusade and shitpost these threads as hard as you can?

Really dude?

>expecting like-for-like
>being this butthurt people didn't immediately check out your level
have patience, most levels that have a lot of plays have been around for well over a week anyway and anons just re-shill them to try to get into the coveted hot section.

The fuck you are talking about? I am mentioning other people's level. Good lord, what a fucking idiot.

Spooky flight by moonlight
flight based SMW level.
XCN-1BH-2NF

Nightfall in Haunted Seas
water level with ghosts
WT7-P3V-XQG

Air Raid by Dark
Night themed airship level
T2B-VN2-WLF

I tried to make a course that captures the essence of the first Resident Evil game. Hope you enjoy it!

Resident Evil/バイオハザード
896-8ND-KPG

Attached: 639B6EEA-FC4A-4867-8047-7EEA25651D8E.jpg (472x650, 38K)

Posting maker ID: 8MJ-7GL-L1G
I only have 4 levels and I'm making 3 more, but i've run out of inspiration

Attached: 1518265471577.jpg (500x500, 36K)

is this that same fag from last night claiming to be a kaizo master?

It's a guy who posted a most likely bad stage, got bad reception and is now furious as fuck.

Bit Crusade 3 is an adventure series of Mario levels that play in the traditional sense (scaling difficulty, hidden rooms and level theming). So if you like traditional Mario stages you’ll probably like these. The “game” will eventually utilize all 5 styles so there’s a little something for everyone. Every stage has five red coins hidden within that unlock a super bonus room at the end.

Starting Point:
1-1: Start of a New Journey V61-WT5-DPG

Current Stage:
NEW: 3-2: Burdocks Brush 5S2-SYV-PWG

Some music to set the mood if that's your thing
youtube.com/watch?v=J67nkzoJ_2M

Feedback is appreciated and returned. If you got a really good level I’ll likely make a short webm of it to showcase it. If you decide to take the plunge and play them I hope you enjoy them. If you complete everything up to the current stage let me know and I'll play all your levels if I haven't already.

Currently stuck at work for the next few hours but I’ll probably play some more stages tonight once I’m free. Using my break time to work on 3-3 a bit

Attached: C45C62CD-BCC5-48D1-A923-1C053DCA4ABB.png (256x223, 55K)

It's still got issues, man. You didn't do anything to address the darkness. I get that it's the point, but the light around Mario has a VERY small range, so big drops and little platforms like pipes and semisolid platforms aren't gonna help that much. In the green door after the piranha plant in the blue pipe, you can hit a block that creates a bigger light, but it reveals absolutely nothing around it. The fire bars feel pointless cause it don't gel with anything else in the level, they're all on their own. You should use those to light up the dark areas more. Also give light sources for doors and edges of important platforms. Got no idea how I beat this on my first try last time.

I am expecting play for play.
>being this butthurt people didn't immediately check out your level
What's the purpose of those threads, then? Leave a code and close it?
>most levels that have a lot of plays have been around for a week anyway
I've been here for more than a week.

You guys are fighting too much. Just be a part of cabal and you will get plays no matter what.

>I am expecting play for play.
That's not how it works though. Sometimes people say "will play your levels in return", sometimes they don't.
Just reply and say "want to check out mine in return?" and post your code if you care so much.

>I am expecting play for play.
that's kind of silly, some people won't be available to immediately try your level out so being butthurt over them not playing your level in return is daft. I'm fairly lucky, as most of my levels get a lot of plays very quickly; I try to play people's levels in return, especially those that commented, but I literally cannot keep up with it all and already have a massive backlog of anons' levels I need to check out. as a sidenote I really with they brought back the bookmark site

A lot of it is simply luck, but it may help to get a bit more creative with how you shill your levels - include a screenshot or webm, even an unrelated pic is more likely to get you some attention.

>more likes than clears on all my levels

Attached: _.png (640x480, 345K)

I wish I had that problem

This. Ever since the mod deleted the previous thread, it's like he cursed this one. I couldn't even join the cabal if I tried. Don't even know what the name of the discord is.

there is no discord, user's just shitposting.

>imagine being this cabalet
lmaoing at your family tree

Attached: 1530152578732.png (222x301, 123K)

he's got the problem we all envy.

how is that a bad thing?

Do right before the mysterious "M" and you may just find yourself an invite...

will play this one when I get the time today

>american hours
>threads fill with larpfags and shitposters
every time

>barely anyone finishes your levels that you worked hard on
Its nice that they like it but it makes me feel like my levels are actually just bad since they didn't want to finish them

the fact most of those people liked it anyway shows that they enjoyed them but either didn't have the time or skill to beat it.

Samefig

Attached: 1527004834042.png (500x500, 112K)

I'm outta time for further reworking, but I'll work on it another day.

post proofs or fuck off.

yeah you're probably right

Dude shut the fuck up

Shitposting being deleted now? Or is this whole thread just going to be moved again too

How far do you guys go to make sure your levels are maximum comfy?

Attached: optimize.webm (640x360, 2.83M)

offtopic shizo shitposter got btfo

it's about time, his samefagging was ridiculous. Probably will just ban evade again soon but at least it's something

If thats the case, then does this mean Yea Forums threads are fine now, or...

6BY-C4H-F7G
pretty simple level about riding an horizontal twomp while pressing on off switches, really basic but I had a hard time getting the timing right at first.

Not Mondo but he makes traditional style Mario levels that are solid and fun. Which is actually surprisingly rare, I'd say the majority of people make levels that aren't quite traditional style.

Why you hating?
People have gotten thousands of plays for pixel art or music levels which you can make in mario maker music programs, literally almost no effort.

stop replying to him

Lol, at this point I just think it’s funny. I dunno how I got fingered as the leader of the Organization XIII of the Mario Maker community but I guess folks just have too much time on their hands. Haven’t done anything to intentionally piss people off and I even economized my threadly shills so they wouldn’t be so fuck huge. He’ll burn himself out eventually just ignore him. Thanks for the stick up though bro

MY STOCKS ARE UP TODAY GUYS. GIVE ME YOUR LEVELS AND I'LL CLEAR THEM SO LONG AS THEY'RE NOT .5% CLEAR RATE OR SOME BULLSHIT. I'LL SHARE THE WEALTH.

do you want only levels with low/0 clear rates, or looking for any levels at all?

is mario maker 2 worth getting without switch online?

not really. story mode is ok but not worth it.

just some autist that previously tried to shit up xenoblade 2 threads with the same "muh discord cabal conspiracy" bullshit. It's best to ignore them, report their posts if they start spamming due to lack of attention. Do not give them any (You)s
the story mode is alright but you need NSO to share/play other levels, so not really no.

I re-uploaded one of my courses:

Brittle Barracks
NWN-041-CQG

A crumbling fortress filled with traps. Has a really cool boss fight.

If you play this level, reply with a code and I'll give your level a shot.

Attached: brittle barracks.webm (1280x720, 2.95M)

ANY. SHARING THE WEALTH. PREFERABLY NOT INSANE LOW CLEAR RATES.

If you haven't yet, I just uploaded earlier and am definitely grateful for anyone playing it.

Please give my level the first clear.

They are kind of hard, but play it cool and you'll get through easily. Please enjoy my levels:

>No Mercy (TNM-BQP-PWF) - 1,63% - Best time: 1:14,847

>Warning! [New Level] (012-WVV-1DG) - 0,00% - Best time: --:--,---

I hope you have fun with my levels and somehow make you have a good time. I love you user.

Loved it user, I'm just awful at any semi challenging stage but its filled with great soul and design, very impressed

IT WILL BE DONE.

I NEED MORE. GIVE ME A QUEUE. I'LL PLAY THEM ALL.

Toad and Luigi are based
Mario and Toadette are cringe

8MJ-7GL-L1G
At least two of my levels are above 20% clear rate
>inb4 you have already played them

My very first Level

Pipe Dreams
G27-HD8-CVF

Anything but Mario is cringe. Green mario is just contrarian and toad is for people so contrarian they pick a literal faceless mook character to be unique. Toadette is for trannies.

I'm a straight chad and Toadette is based
Best spinning animation

Shameless self promotion:

Standard levels:

Starfall Plains
845-PDG-DPF
It's the apocalypse and you need to find a shelter with supplies.

Trick Track Tundra
LYF-NDK-1SG
Challenging level that uses tracks in a clever way to create unique obstacles

Forgotten Forest
7ST-81M-3PF
Explore an overgrown forest and discover the ruins of a lost civilization.

Mini challenges:

Doors of Time
M7Q-SYY-P1H
Use magic doors to turn back time.

The Mirror Never Lies
TKW-1MS-WJG
Use the mirror to figure out location of hidden blocks.

Firefighter
MDG-TBF-XQF
Use a shellmet and the tailspin to destroy flames.

Bombsketball
8PM-NGH-1R7
Bounce bombs on top of your head and throw them in a hoop

Bridge Maker, Bridge Braker
63M-GM6-7FG
Build a bridge, then brake a bridge.

Sisyphus
R8R-Y9F-QPF
Hell simulator based on ancient Greek mythology.

Mario Construction: Fast & Cheap
4FV-HYW-XDF
Build stairs out of POW-blocks.

Memes:

THE GRAND PLOW OF GREAT JUSTICE
RSR-PCY-HDG
Mario has had enough and decides to enact the final solution.

Desert God's Ritual
VFF-HHK-RRF
Sacrifice your life to the desert god.

Attached: dogshovel.jpg (125x125, 3K)

This is the kind of thing you should avoid.
Either just link your maker code or maybe reduce it to 3 levels you want to "push" or get feedback on right now, then add "if you want more check out my profile".

Cmon man look at your giant post.

Try one of these:
>TG4-QYG-5VF
>DYP-F77-JPG

NEWEST LEVEL>Trials of the flying fortress (6XS-G7N-WMG)
A red coin level: though start, 6 challenges, 1 boss and a true ending. It’s hard and stressful, but i’ve been generous with the checkpoint

FUNNY LEVEL (GOOD IN COMPETITION MODE)
>aMAZEing TREASURE HaUNTed house (1S1-HP4-7HG)
Explore the maze and collect enough coins before the timer runs out

NOT TOO HARD LEVELS (NORMAL-EXPERT TIER)
>Hive of Stingbies (FVT-4WT-VHF)
Bees everywhere, yet funny course imo

>Allergy to mushroom (FGF-Y15-QMG)
A shit that had to be harder, but I was lacking of inspiration

>Underwater volcano (normal?) (CRX-S4L-L7G)
A normal underwater level made in my free time, then i got inspired and made the hard version too

HARD LEVELS (EXPERT-SUPER EXPERT TIER)
>Infested sewers (LTP-CRG-55G)
Survive a journey in a sewer full of piranha plants. This personally is the level i'm most proud of

>A Song Of Ice And Fire (JLQ-1ML-NMG)
Game of thrones thematic level, not much else to say

>The UpsideDown (H37-MSD-8RG)
Stranger things thematic level. Probably the most difficult level i've uploaded, alongside with the GOT inspired one

>Underwater volcano: death castle (HWY-XLQ-YKG)
The hard, long and stressing version of the previous level. Will probably become a super expert

OLDER LEVELS
>Classic rainforest (PKL-B47-6RG)
Normal/expert level with many cheep cheeps to avoid. Many complained about a kazio i inserted somewhere, so if you want to play this be aware of that

>If 3DWorld had a 2D castle level (KT9-HD8-8XF)
An hard but fair castle level. Apparently is the most played and enjoyed of my creations.

>The pyramid of Tutankhoopa (Y7H-SGH-X3G)
Explore the ancient tomb avoiding deadly traps. Try to not ragequit

There is no discord and hopefully never will be.
t. suspected "cabal" member

Done you should recieve more spam now :^)

i wish more people made webms

Attached: trust no one.webm (640x360, 1.93M)

Mario, Luigi and Toad are based. Toadette is cringe and worthless.

He probably sent you some throwaway email ya doughnut.

>just realized the same person has WR on all of my levels
w-which one of it is you?

Attached: pepe2.png (525x532, 183K)

How do you remove the sound?

>Implying the three different pages that i subscribed his mail care

Attached: a76KJ4mp_700w_0.jpg (616x698, 44K)

its removed by default in webms for retards/bakas

>toadette player
>all their courses are off-the-spectrum autistic contraptions

>toad player
>third world shitskins that make 20s speed run levels

>luigi player
>insecure faggots that nobody likes

>mario player
>every single one of their courses is pure garbage, gets level design ideas from watching e-celebs

Attached: 1552181577522.jpg (605x604, 40K)

>next patch introduces donkey kong, kirby, wario and nabbit as playable characters

What will you do guys?

If anyone can beat my time on this level I will Paypal them $20.

HYD-W2S-2HG

Let the games begin.

Attached: OLSaETx.png (593x442, 448K)

complain that i can't play as Daisy

>download secret 4chin bitcoin miner/webm maker
>drag video into .bat file
wa la

Attached: hold shift for focused movement.webm (640x360, 2.87M)

u realize he says "let the game begin", right?

As a bonus, if anyone can beat my time on this level I will Paypal them $10.

1DS-FQQ-9KG

Attached: fadede0b6ece09ed1804b6c1be6ff57f.jpg (1080x1080, 242K)

Triathlon

ID: 2Q8-FQL-0KF

Mode: Standard or Multiplayer versus (I hope)

This is my first time doing for multiplayer versus so I hope this is ok but it can be finished also in standard mode.

goo..nigh...

>playing as the lamest of all female nintendo characters in history

Evil Mushroom Town
- QNX-8PJ-D7G

Wizard Labyrinth
- 8RM-97V-L2G

Mario Kart NES - Origins
- 05Q-QH0-5JF

Lava Up and down
- PLT-KVQ-NFF

Ghost town -First version
- 1DC - 3HV - 3HG

>Cross the swamp on a seesaw
87T-JHS-PSG

Attached: 1518465920019.jpg (1000x730, 61K)

I gave it for that one specific user who wanted levels to play. When i shill normally i post far less levels.

Me.

Ok fair enough

I feel like posting a long list once in a great while isn't a bad thing, but when you do it everyday it gets annoying.
Alright bro, I'm finally going to play your level.

Fuck, I got so close.

Attached: 20190722.jpg (4032x1960, 2.25M)

Nah you weren't m80

Attached: 1563140184273.png (900x675, 666K)

Hot tip, you can put mushrooms and feathers in checkpoints. I feel like more people should do this. It's jut a nice little addition.

I don't like it as it encourages starting over if you die rather than just respawning.

Me again, finished it. I actually did find it challenging. I'm surprised I didn't die. There were a lot of enemies on screen. Took the bottom path. I'll play it again and take the others. Thought it was pretty cool. Kind of reminds me of my levels and the way I do things. Good stuff. Worth a download and like.

What if I don't want people to have the power of flight. If you give it to them once you have to design the rest of the course around it unless you use a forced damage taken section.

Well, I do only give them shit like feathers when the level is designed around it. I did it for one autoscroll section, as it cut down on the time it takes for players need to hit a question block (granted I do put a question block near it as well, for good measure). Though I do realize that one could simply just put a winged feather or mushroom/flower near the pipe and achieve the same result.

I guess. Though that's kind of why I put one in a question block near it. I don't know, I just like what it does I suppose.

2-7 Calm corona
NWG-92K-KPG

Mario, high on his own power decides to take on the very sun of Desert land.

Time for airship then world 2 should be complete!

It's a real issue. Styles too.
I love the Mario controls in NSMBU for example but in that style you can travel SO FUCKING FAR horizontally by just jumping and then air twiling nonstop in the air, it's ridiculous.

I always put a powerup immediately after checkpoints, so it's not really necessary.

Honestly, I have never once made a NSMBU style stage. I can't think of any good ideas for them. Also, the wall jumping could probably be a way for players to cheese through some stuff as well. I specialize in World and SMB1 content mostly.

SM3DW levels have so much cheese in them because it seems like 80% of kids don't realize how high you can get with the charge up spin jump

NSMBU is my favorite moveset by far. Going to start pumping out levels for it soon and see how it goes.

Attached: bounce.webm (640x360, 2.78M)

I want to make NSMBU stages, but I never can finish what I start. I don't know if it's because it's my least favorite style (which it is) or I just feel like the ideas I have for it are entirely unnecessary in the style of NSMBU. I can't for teh life of me come up with anything.

Just used this idea generator to make a level, are there any of these for mario maker 2?
supermariomaker.eu5.org/index.php

>Level Style: Above Ground
>Enemy to focus on: Hammer Bros
>Level element to focus on: Invisible Blocks
>Optional gimmick for your level: Exploration-focused

Attached: 1563666811752.jpg (481x501, 44K)

>eu5.org

Have you played NSMBU?

Tried your levels. after struggling with 7-10% clear rate courses, yours are such a relief. enjoyed them a lot

Yeah, I have. And while I liked it, the NSMB games are not one of my favorite titles in the series. I'm absolutely in love with World, and I just prefer to everything. I also like the original trilogy.

Course not found?

>the NSMB games are not one of my favorite titles in the series
idk man, the rest of the NSMB games suck, but NSMBU, particularly NSLU, is one of the best platformers I have ever played and I have played a lot of them.

Oh yeah, I'm not doubting NSMBU and NSLU are good games. I definitely enjoyed them. I just like the original trilogy and world better.

kinda hard to get the shelmet. the rest is very interesting. good design

Shilling my new Stage again,
Bone Voyage: RW5-5D0-DTG
Mario is stranded on an island and using a Bone shell as a raft. Basically a beach stage with small auto runner like sections

Other stages:
Desert Quest: YJG-9X6-BRF
Ants and the Temple of Plants: B5F-TGN-Q7G
Trees and Hop-chops: NN4-BLK-7WF
The last one was made in co-op and is more chaotic and experimental

Attached: Bone Voyage.jpg (1200x675, 74K)

If I deleted my shitty joke level I'd probably gain like +200 maker score..

Does it work like that? If you delete a level with no likes, and nothing but boos, does your score rise?

If you take down a level you lose not only all of the likes it had but all the boos too. Basically whatever the total sum of maker score the level gave (or took) will be gone.

Okay guys, who wants some drawings? Let's see what i can do.

Attached: MarioMaker22.png (1284x646, 26K)

Comfy stage with a neat concept without being too gimmicky

A bit on the longer side, but overall a pretty good stage. The design captures the SMB1 feel pretty well

Your fellow kamekbro wants drawings!
Which one of your stages have I not played yet I wonder, I'll go have a look, you made so many by now. Probably one of the earliest ones like SnowCity, checking it out right now!

Wait I mixed up your Mii with Capashie's. Nevermind the kamek. Either way, gonna play Snow City.

i tried really hard to take the critique from yesterday to make my courses get gradually harder. thoughts on this? (it's a fun little run and jump, no puzzles)

LX5-VH1-V5F

Cute Stage Turtle user. Feels like it could've been one of the campaign levels that are always based around a gimmick.
I like that you didn't make the stage needlessly big

Is that the right code? I got "course or maker not found"

course not found

Okay, give me your codes!

Attached: Beitrag66.jpg (342x442, 67K)

I replaced the 5 with an S and got it to work.

It's very bare-bones, to be honest. It's short and there's only one kind of obstacle throughout.

But the code is right there

Attached: 1328532644786.jpg (800x600, 75K)

Thanks for playing guys! Joecool, your drawings are top tier, I am honored you made them and fits the theme nicely! That sunset reminds me of the final bowser fight in yoshis island!

Leaking Lava (new)
>defeat lava drops with hammer
Q8V-SSV-L6G

Bumper Clowns
>collect red coins level
WHG-TVN-BXG

Treasure ship
>collect coins in autoscroll
YBY-QX5-RBG

Boss Rush - SM3DW
>defeat all bosses (almost) to win
FVC-1TW-DQG

Boss Rush - NSMBU
>same shit in mario wiiu style
FNN-WY4-5RG

Air Race
>speedrun flying with cape
G1S-6KV-F6G

Mario visits silent hill
>silent hill inspired, has jumpscares and requires investigation
0N1-SHP-4QG

Plz give feedback

Hall of the Mole King
- B8M-T1T-84G

Remake of one of my SMM1 stages, with a few changes.

I'm now at 320 on normal endless. Come at me.

When do you get the medal for it? 200 stages? More? I see so many people with medals and am unsure how to get them outside of maker point medals

I don't think I've received a medal.

No problem my friend. I love to draw this landscape stuff.

Yeah, now i see. I'm on my way now, hang tight!

Jesus they really expect you to grind for em.

Mysterious Ice Cave:

G1V-F4V-FFF

A Journey through the Starry Sky:

QRP-LG4-SNG

Welcome to Sarasa!:

BKT-LW1-4MG

A New Beginning!:

9RG-KQ3-2JF

I tried drawing you something but it turns out I draw akin to a 5 year old. Do you use a stylus?

Shilling.My courses are pretty run of the mill. Though I like enemy hunting clear conditions for 3D world.

Attached: IMG_20190630_234731.jpg (1280x720, 118K)

oh whoops, wrong code :3

thank you for the feedback. i think i will chop the second half off and turn it into something else

Just finished this little course. It's themed like a treasure hunt that takes Mario to the bottom of a volcano. Moderate length and difficulty.

VNT-HWP-4NF

Feedback is much appreciated.

Attached: 1562015644854.gif (88x128, 53K)

Yes, I use one of this stylus pens.

Played all of your stages.
They are difficult for all the wrong reasons. Enemy clutter, awkward jumps based on random moving objects, lack of powerups (excluding ghost town) and the maze stage is just without any structure.
It feels like they test your patience instead of your skill.
Out of all of them, the Evil Mushroom stage was decent and the Ghost town was at least alright.
I didn't boo any of them but i'd recommend you to try to make stages fun first before making them difficult just for the sake of being difficult.

Fuck up king boo
N7X-RPJ-4DG

I'd rather lewd his granddaughter!

Underwater volcano: death castle is surprisingly good for an underwater darkness level but the snake ride really does not need to be that long.

I made it until I didn't know what to add more.

9NR-JP5-0DG

The High Road
A string of puzzles mostly based on shell mechanics.
Let me know what parts are confusing so I can fix it. I have no idea how that dude cleared it in 46” so if there’s gaps I need to bridge let me know.
Was too drunk and tired the other night to keep up. I’m about to make my rounds and try out yalls courses.

Attached: FF29B2E7-1031-49A4-94E8-01AF5A9A28F9.png (970x824, 479K)

Nicely made stage! Feels like it could've been in SMB3
Only found 2 of the 4 red coins
and of course milly has the WR already

This Mario render makes me uncomfortable for some reason.

Seesaw Castle
>QN4-Q83-Q2G
A gimmicky castle level based on using seesaws to force bob-ombs to explode using munchers (and moving a few thwomps)

Pretty nice. Castle theme made it not really feel like a volcano, though.
It's a shame we can't just add lava and water to any theme.

Thanks, and thanks for playing! I want to keep it as much traditional as I can. SMB3 is easily one of my favorite games. My stages are a tribute to that!

milly is always the first one to play and get super fast times on my levels, I think this is the first level where I have a faster clear check time lol..

I watched my 2 friends go co op mode, jumping on eachother to reach high and find my coins but they also landed on 2/4 coins until I showed them where the others were. I'm kind of happy I managed to hide them well ^^

I made a themed world rather than a more traditional one. Let me know what you guys think.

0M7-F63-QXG

It’s called crumbling ruins 2 because I wanted to attach a subtitle to it and call it Crumbling Ruins 2: The Search for more money. But I couldn’t.

Lol I’ll try to work on that

thanks anons!

Attached: 1562211785712.png (340x236, 126K)

Attached: shell mario.png (413x323, 97K)

Mario with a shell on his head makes me uncomfortable for some reason. Don't know why.

VSW-MT3-60H

Previous versions of this level were mostly about failing leading to a fall down a death pit. With some tricky and complex level making I have removed the whole "falling down into a death pit" part while hopefully maintaining the challenge and fairness. Lemme know if I succeeded.

Attached: 1438602960524.jpg (295x300, 14K)

>tf2 heavy

Attached: soldier.png (250x273, 91K)

>tfw it's mostly Japs who like your night themed water level
Why? Do they just like water as much as I do?

Well that was a pain in the ass. Not to say it wasn’t good, but I feel like a little more room for error couldn’t hurt. The jump by the fence with the little thwomps is very tight
I missed the very last block by the flag and about threw my controller, but I caught the bottom of it.

>playing Endless on each of the difficulties
>expected to see levels full of the multi-coins everywhere
>so far people have used them sparingly and appropriately
>haven't seen enemy spam
>no lakitu spam either
>no corridor-filled-with-starmen-and-8-Bowsers levels
>not a single DON'T MOVE level
Did Nintendo develop an algorithm to kill these or has the player base matured

Attached: 1559587258303.jpg (1829x2049, 540K)

Made my first level lads. I know it’s bullshit and hot garbage, no need to tell me. I was just experimenting with this shit and it became a level. Just try and beat it. (Pro tip: try to out run the Lakitu’s before they fucking pelt you with fish)
BVO-CTT-T5G
Lakitu is up to some shit here.

Attached: 6C23E684-280A-49E0-8222-8FD11A170ECA.png (615x589, 528K)

It was nice, but a bit short and a bit all over the place with what you wanted the player to do. It's a shame that castle is the only theme with lava but what can you do.

Attached: F8A2EA29-2913-450C-AF13-10ECC680948F.jpg (723x924, 160K)

Anyone like car levels? Try this one out.

54S-NYK-8WF

That's literally what this mechanic feels like
>So what if we put a shell on Mario's head? Wouldn't that be fucking crazy?

DPK-WVM-Y0H.
My desert level of moderate difficulty. I think it's good, but I could be wrong. Please play me and give me your opinion.
I'm gonna play a bunch of levels in this thread now.

That is how one of the best mechanics in the game was made though.
>Step on turtle
>Retreats into shell
>Shell is now a powerful weapon/obstacle if you hit it.
It's taken for granted but simple little logical leaps like this are foundational to gameplay.

I'm making a dark underwater level ask me anything

What's the time limit?

Just made a new, short level.

Sky Hop
VGL-W6H-98G
Suppose to be easy although there is two different paths you can choose near the end with one being harder than the other. Good luck and have fun!

40 seconds, you weave in and out of enemies in the dark while collecting coins, ALL coins

Stole this from r*ddit

Attached: Weight.png (3840x3960, 1.12M)

2-[A] Hail the sun
453-YMD-SSG

Maybe the boss was too difficult... I got rekt a couple of times.

Here we go!

Attached: SMB3-World-3-super-mario-bros-5463239-765-669.jpg (765x669, 209K)

Okay, here's my newest course. Got cannons, red koopas and bloopers.

Attached: Red Cannon Cavern.jpg (1280x720, 251K)

what am I to do with this info

Already tried it. Even with stationary obstacles and checkpoints it is avoided like the plague.

Should I but the Nintendo switch and Mario Maker 1 & 2?

>Mario Maker 1
for what purpose

>Pipe in the Sky
GL7-HSH-VKF

>Playing with Fire and Ice
XHJ-05S-6MG

QS0-1YL-XFF
Ghost of REZNOR

Top Secret±
>VGV-55P-WRG
Has the most plays of any of my courses. Just a knockoff SMW Bonus Stage.

Escape the Colony
>7PG-HP9-0RF
Needs the most r8 and h8. It was supposed to be an ant trooper 3DW speed run but morphed into a weird course where I just slapped shit together. Nobody's beaten it. Help me improve.

Mario's Bombs Away
>VCQ-NK6-BPF
One of my first levels. SMB style knockoff of the Game and Watch game

Feel free to play my other shit and comment too

Attached: thbouncitw1.gif (211x158, 460K)

Pipe Place
>V62-WKY-SWG

"I got a call about the furnace"

W2M-FM8-GPG

Fun, furnace, ice, turtle, secrets. Those are your clues. Are turtles slaves or beasts of burden.

Attached: more like funace.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

Why do Yea Forums posters refuse to go too /vg/ and make that general better?
You know this threads are a general why dont make them where they belong?

Attached: serveimage (1).jpg (500x500, 45K)

I can’t play 2 without playing 1 first, user.

CUT-EFU-NNY

Understood.

Attached: 1422600991325.png (600x472, 260K)

Because /vg/ is aids and fuck you for suggesting that people should go there just because they enjoy a video game.
1 less twitter screenshot or smash or EGS thread isn't going to kill you. There's still 149 slots left for those.

New loli boo stage?

8TG LHT 21H

3DWorld puzzle level, can be pretty tricky imo
there's no cheap hidden shit or trolls

would really appreciate some feedback

Linking to anchor

>

>puzzle level
>pretty tricky

Attached: 1562719253071.png (500x356, 457K)

I tried to make a average difficulty Ghost House. If anyone actually plays it lemme know how I did.

GGR-VKH-VSF

Attached: cheezit.gif (540x540, 1.26M)

the /vg/ scare really killed these threads didn't it

>tfw too much brainlets playing my levels
5LK-YH2-RRG
KSC-8VQ-1SF
SJL-X5R-10H
D40-WJQ-DLF
4BF-TTN-P1G

Attached: Gooey.jpg (600x512, 21K)

>/vg/ scare
fill me in, i've been out of site for a while

Yeah that took me a minute, haha. Finished with ten seconds to spare. Not really much for me to say, it's a puzzle and you had me fooled for a little while. Nice goin, man.

Should I buy the Nintendo switch for Mario maker 1/2?

>Claustrophobic Chateau
Y27-5JF-R8G

>Coin Cache Castle
T89-GYF-02H

>Hamburger Land
8T4-571-FYG

mod booted us to /vg/ the other day
threads really haven't been 100% since

I feel cheated.

Attached: fuck.jpg (1200x675, 70K)

Mondays are usually pretty slow tbqh, I think at most we usually peak at about 120 unique posters recently so we're still pretty up there

BXM-4RQ-1FF
My newest one.
It revolves around the fast skull lift.
Feedback would be great!

Attached: 55837769_421236765300307_2022048506865844692_n.jpg (1080x1080, 185K)

Oh come the fuck on, how else are you supposed to conduct a Mario Maker thread aside from the whole thing being endless code sharing and critique? Fuck off mods.

I'd be a pal and contribute to the threads with my levels, but my Switch is powered down for the night and I'd feel like a dick if I shilled my levels without playing anyone else's.

Attached: 1510006651628.jpg (655x902, 281K)

2 yeah to play with us, if you're going to buy 1 might as well get the 3ds one too

My first course

storm the Armada

D36-XRR-P2G

I dont really understand it, but I guess mario maker threads are magically allowed on Yea Forums again? Havent seen general shitposter itt so maybe he got banned

thank you my dude, did you look at the hint? was not sure whether to make it super obvious to appeal to the masses or to be more subtle, I think I leaned slightly towards the former tho

also how did you shave off like 50 seconds from my upload time? was there some cheese?

Should I just buy a second hand switch?

play 2hu levels

ID:BG8-JDK-05G
ID:56R-7WM-77G
Scarlet Devil Mansion and Misty Lake

Attached: 1563473282844.jpg (1200x1600, 202K)

If that works best for you, dont see an issue with that, only thing is joycons can get bad drift so if its secondhand just confirm that theyre not too messed up

Ah yeah, that. Here's what I did.

Okay so in the room with the key, first I hit the on/off switch to blue. Then I threw down four crates so I could go through the clear pipe. I jumped precisely to destroy the bob-omb with the hammer, then threw another crate on the treadmill, which went right towards the other bob-omb. Again, with precision and some fast fingers, I duck jumped to force myself to the other side and destroyed the bob-omb and got the key in one fell swoop. I then rolled back out and entered the warp gate with the key to finish.

Attached: Yup.gif (370x246, 984K)

New level?

You know, I couldn't make it on top of the roof so I didn't put anything up there.

Now I regret it. Good job user.

Twirl Across the Cosmos
8C1-YGC-SFF

This is my first level. You can twirl really far in low gravity.

DYY-PYY-VFF

Attached: 8.jpg (482x535, 171K)

>43X-BKY-6NF
Simple pipe based level

Attached: A9A2C4D6-38A7-442D-9020-BB7CC257DFC9.jpg (320x259, 75K)

wow did not think you could make it
don't think I'm gonna de-cheese it cuz it is hard to do (I'm mashing jump and stil can't go through the conveyer)
would be an easy fix tho mmmm

im working on one but it isn't 2hu related

>that username
based

Exactly. Even puzzle courses should allow for a little creativity on the player's part. If it's almost impossible to do or the player risks death, it's worth keepin in.

That’s it! I gonna fuck buy the fucking switch and fucking Mario Maker 2.

What are some tips for a novice maker?

Attached: 1561803185166m.jpg (392x1024, 91K)

Yamamura's dojo has some legit useful advice in Advanced lessons. Also, focus on a couple of elements and build the entire level around that, don't be tempted to use every fuckin tool available. If you have to use other tools outside the four or five you've dedicated the course to, make sure they enhance the elements that already exist in your course. So if you want your course to have a lot of cannons, a trampoline to make some bounce later on would be a good progression of difficulty and generate more interest.

The Red and the Black: M34-L25-LPF
It's my first course. I'd like more people to try it

I made a very dumb minigame level, use the scale to send bombs up and goombas down
N5M-Y64-QCF
My new SMB3 forest level
JH5-Y15-BMF
Come up with a general idea before you make a level, build it one obstacle at a time, test every likely route a player would take through an obstacle to test for cheap deaths, use coins to guide players through the intended route, if you find a cool spot that's hard to get to consider putting a big coin there

I actually liked it a lot, felt kind of like a real mario 3 level with a few gimmicks added

It's okay, but the end feels like a clusterfuck with the lakitu and two firebars. Cleaved the record in less than half with 33s.

they didn't confirm that

Why do people insist on making levels with hyper specific platforming? I’m not gonna slap that like.

They did, it was during a treehouse stream with a developer at E3

Ok here we go

Bowser's Spicy Hot Fort
9VJ-Y6M-60G

never really designed a really challenging level before, but satisfied with how it came out

Bob-ombs in the Wooded Factory
JN3-WFB-CPF

puzzle level involving builder mario. if the crates get stuck somewhere due to jank just throw some old ones behind you so they despawn

was having fun until the ice in sub2. the momentum change had me halted for a solid 10 minutes. other than that was a pretty fun stage, good challenge. little party at the end made it all worth it

Attached: 1555518018783.jpg (640x480, 23K)

If you haven’t played the level, which I don’t think anyone has hellodarknessmyoldfriend.wav you should try it. I got quite a few uses out of them.

Treasure of the sierra madre 3.0 XFC-DXS-TRG
finally got my boss fight how I wanted it, made a "gotcha" carl box trap that IS escapable. PLease leave feedback, its the one Ive been refining the most

Collect 'em all RPH-B68-H0H
only 1 person has cleared this, but its not even hard

Bowser Jr's tricky tracks M7J-M6D-SFG
I like this one

Attached: 1538113385012.jpg (618x741, 75K)

>Bowser's Spicy Hot Fort
I misread that as "Bowser's Spicy Hot Fart"... Fart-user has left an impression on me.

The Hidden Temple Of The Desert ID: SPS-JLP-0PF

>series AND game already has mascots
>str*ightoids still find themselves compelled to invent a generic cutesie anime gurl mascot to plaster on their not-generals
k

absolute retard, she's a character from the tutorials in the game.

user, she's literally a character in the game

Attached: 1554074973267.jpg (351x407, 60K)

Don't give the retard (You)s.

BXW-2N8-BRF

Small stage, medium difficulty

A couple stages:
Tricky Shots in Catapult Cavern: 37L-8WC-R1G
A stage based on shooting shells and other items out of see-saw based catapults.
Bombs Away with Dry Battalion: 3W6-CBR-7PG
A stage based on jumping into and out of dry bones' shells.

Appreciating traction on either, respond with feedback and I'll play something of yours, otherwise going to play random stuff in here,

for all tastes. Stages with clear rates

Skydiving on dodging pikes 7.50%
RFQ-9JX-TRF

A Stage made by my 18yo girl cousin 1.69%
KB8-XHD-VBG

Cat bowser chase 14.77%
SQN-BXX-6QF

Too Easy Free Lives 82.40%
3SL-S3C-CCG

3 boss fights 7.60%
3GP-SYT-BMF

Dodge bullets underwater 34.51% most played and rated
BQR-4MK-L1H

try to beat the Katy challenge bros

MCJ-G6W-5GG
My first attempt. Hold on to the spring after the checkpoint. It's important.

Attached: 20190615_201315.jpg (2448x3264, 2M)

New recreation of an old stage. Short, sweet, and easy to beat.

Bullet the Blue Sky
GSX-XSS-6NF

Attached: DzU8yUtX4AAFseA.jpg (780x592, 114K)

So I very specifically wanted to make a level that was closer to the style of a real Mario game. Less complicated than what a Mario Maker level can be. How did I do? How can I improve?

4MB-K9B-HVF

Attached: 1557728072901.jpg (640x451, 39K)

I like it, it's nice to have a speed run level that isn't some shitty hold left and hit on/offs crap

I liked it, it felt very normal for a 1-1. My only complaint is it's a bit short, and the pipe skips a bit too much of it.

I agree, it's shorter than I like too. I was actively trying to invoke a 1-1, something easy enough to beat but has a lot of small things on the side. The pipe, the vine. Only reason the pipe feels like it skips too much is because there's not enough to it.

Attached: Persona 6.png (500x341, 303K)

That beginning sucks donkey dick

Good ideas for a red yoshi level?

Attached: CBC9FA18-22BC-43DF-93E5-0AB0267E1273.jpg (480x474, 27K)

Yeah I can see why you feel that way. Didn't feel right when I was playing it to upload it, but I just wanted to finally have made a stage.

X9H-T1S-PTF
Trials of the forest

Please play my magnum opus, Luigi Bounces On Brain Slugs!
>XKW-WS0-9JF
Brain slugs have assimilated the poor, innocent goombrats and its up to BOUNCIN' LUIGI to save them! Rejuvenate your heart, mind, body, and soul with BOUNCIN' LUIGI! Thank you to anyone who plays!

Attached: bouncin_touhous.gif (320x240, 36K)

Yeah I can see why you feel that way. Didn't feel right when I played it to upload. I just wanted to have a stage made.

NPH-C4L-LPG
i'm bad at making levels advice pls

weird question for you guys. Is there a way you can think of to make a door only enterable once? like once you enter it, it becomes unusable?

I have the weirdest issue with Mario Maker. For some reason the video will cut out semi randomly. The weird part is it's very specifically only Mario Maker, it's happened with other games but nowhere near to the extent it does with this game. Am I alone in this? I feel like it's sending out a weird signal or something.

Attached: 1557375856377.png (439x401, 164K)

Trown something in front of it

K0F-HS7-XDG

Attached: 1352.png (136x135, 46K)

Looking for stages that are very well designed and very well themed to the point of looking like actual Mario stages. I wish extreme endless had better filtering.

Attached: 1538892366250.gif (500x500, 44K)

put the exit door one block high in the air

Don't have a mandatory bowser fight.

neither is quite what I'm looking for but I figured out something I can use. thanks all the same!

This seems extremely tedious unless I missed something, not even sure how this is possible within the time limit.

anyone have that Pachinko stage's code by chance?

might be a problem with your switch user, try cleaning out the cartridge slot or charging port

>actual mario stages
This is the absolute closest I can get to that:
G54-KGR-Y1H
I tried to do something similar with NSMB's theme here:
but idk if it worked.

They are definitely not expert difficulty, though.

RVN-YBQ-2QG

If you bounce on all of the blocks then you will not be able to make it on time, you need to make big jumps at least 4 times. Playing yours now.

Neat idea, WR'd it.

Attached: 4fd106984ee6c89762ec5e0de317880afa107784_hq.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Is it possible to figure that out without wracking up tons of deaths? Maybe I'm just dumb.

His stuff sounds like what you're looking for

So how do the medals work?
Does it scale off everyone else's records so you are now basically cucked if you want gold or better gold for endless and first clears?

Mostly scales, so yeah basically

Yes, you actually have to be better than someone else to get a medal. You can't just grind it out, sorry. Its still possible to get a gold medal in expert/super expert endless in one afternoon if you are good.

Making medals and unlockables tied to leaderboard shit is so out of character for Nintendo. I don't like it. You have to win the popularity contest or nolife as hard as you can.

Attached: 1553541360741.jpg (612x612, 73K)

it literally shows you what to do with it right in the picture

just make good levels

>just make a level that beats all previous levels combined

It's just weird when levels like the kamek one with 50k likes 120k plays aren't enough to net the ribbon gold medal.
Also endless easy/normal is definitely just a matter of grind.

its not hard bro, just make good levels.

Attached: 1546418198419.jpg (676x676, 70K)

>expert is too easy
>super expert is filled with trash levels, sometimes there are some legit good stages tho
fuck

>just do the needful bro
Great advice, do you offer coaching?

Getting bronze maker score is easy, like the other user said just make good levels. Silver or gold all time maker points though you'd have to get very lucky at some point to earn that.

>expert is too easy
stop skipping

i just published a metroidvania styled level titled We Don't Visit the Cave Anymore and i would greatly appreciate some feedback. thank you

L6S-H04-C4G

Attached: 1561399482046.jpg (1440x774, 128K)

Hello can you please try my level its short and has alot of falling floors

N9C-02S-45G

Attached: 1548178933688.jpg (1200x712, 234K)

>try Expert
>it's just Normal with bad design
>leaps of faith
>borderline unplayable enemy spam
>softlocks
>etc

I don't skip, expert is legit too easy, not saying there are many bad stages, but it's too easy

>Yes, you actually have to be better than someone else to get a medal. You can't just grind it out, sorry
What are you talking about? Maker points are mostly taken by ecelebs, first clears/ world records/clears is a grind. Multiplayer versus is broken, and every endless difficulty besides super expert (You will often find 10+ levels where you die before you are able to skip before you find one non-kaizo level) can be grinded perpetually

well, damn idk then. what is your record in expert?

>all time mos tliked levels
>most of list is 20s speedruns, switch puzzles, automatic, or nintendo references

>Maker points are mostly taken by ecelebs
anybody can get top 100 in weekly maker points

Attached: 1548199703505.png (496x430, 122K)

There is no all-time liked level medal

Even though I have always been bronze or higher for all time maker points since day 0, I have never had a weekly maker points medal. I don't get it

You have to make a whole lot of maker points real fast, like the first day of the week. I think you need like 5k in a day to get top 100. Boos/skips do not factor into earned maker score.

Bone aone
Speedrunny castle thing with a couple of Dry Bones
N7V-NBY-7DF

Attached: bf0da09e-b3ff-43ee-bf3c-f493747b5c52.gif (500x500, 117K)

>5k in a day to get top 100
only streamers could ever reasonably achieve that

last serious run was 100 courses

I did it.

That's pretty damn good.

Proofs?

made a new bonus-style stage, would appreciate some feedback on it.

Super Plinko World: 07M-Q46-29G
It's basically playing Plinko, you have 3 chances to get as many coins as possible. The only way to die is to kill yourself after failing to meet the requirements. If you die another way please let me know on that front, and any other feedback would be super helpful. Thanks guys.

I don't want to namefag and get harassed by autists for all eternity.

How would anyone harrass you over mariomaker?

idk, im just not comfortable with namefagging. there are at least a handful of anons that got gold medals, though.

Attached: 2019071413334300-BF19FBEA37724338D87F26F17A3B97B2.jpg (1280x720, 159K)

But how?

?

How did you get 5000 maker points in one day, if what you're claiming is true

>people constantly try to use tracks as decoration
>I always just see them as empty tracks and wonder what they're for

Attached: ludovico.jpg (500x323, 54K)

Snowman Valley:
C46-DKR-XNF
A simple and easy Snow level featuring sliding down slopes, ice you have to break through, and a couple tricky jumps. There are 2 secret areas to find and 1 secret block.

Super Smash Bros. Maker:
HH9-RMX-NWF
Fight Mario series reps on SSB-inspired stages like NSMBU, Peach's Castle 64, Delfino Plaza, and Final Destination! This level counts on you being able to survive for a few seconds before the items you need show up.

Super Mario Land W1-1:
W7L-5LN-M1H
Exactly what it says, a pretty close remake of the first level from Super Mario Land. Just wanted to introduce some nostalgia since they added the Super Ball item.

See

semen retention and prayer i guess

I do, but they don't even get 5000 plays let alone 5000 likes or whatever you'd need to accumulate 5000 mp in a single day

>5000 likes
Its more like a couple hundred.

You said 5k earlier?

thank you user for playing my level and giving me a feedback. I'll take into consideration this change

God i fucking despise this image
It makes me wanna puke
The hair style to the mouth to the elbows to the curvature
i don't even have anything against mario maker or something its just this fucking image thats always used in threads of this game holy shit i wanna die every time i see god its disgusting

What is the most surprising death you've seen on a stage you made?

This is the exact point when I gave up on the Mario Maker 2 playerbase

Attached: D_pZpdNVAAAelQt.jpg (1280x720, 179K)

5k score, couple hundred likes

Whoops meant for

Please play my SMB1 courses anons:

V3N-YFX-72G
No checkpoint. But pretty fair and really polished (re-did the course like 25 times). Find all 6 key coins in the stage

Y0V-P1D-LDG
Ice-themed with checkpoints. Comfy level.

SYQ-YQ7-JPG
Swamp/Water. Pretty short but comfy

Attached: D-ilEYBUEAA_Cx_.jpg (1280x720, 146K)

SC9-TF5-XFF

our friend the bomb

my first escort level, please rate

Attached: 1536108108652.jpg (1071x561, 73K)

New level. Fish Kingdom in the Clouds. Night themed SMB1 stage with fish and two paths. Bottom one is harder but rewards you with a 50 coin. No checkpoint, but it's fairly short and easy.

J9D-N0J-PKG

Make a level where you have to pick which side has more weight. Oh wait, it was already done.

What's the problem? people will die to anything as long as there's bad players and people going fast.
Just because you build this and tested it a dozen times doesn't mean it's impossible to die.

Why are you doing so many night courses lately?

I don't know, I guess I just want to experiment with the mechanics.

It's not that it's impossible to die it's that the thwomp is completely immobile and unless you've never played a Mario game before in your life you know that touching one is going to hurt you. It's literally the only way to get hurt in this room, so that means someone purposefully ran into a stationary object

>Milly claims another WR
Will her wrath ever end? Who can stop her?

>who can stop her
the guy who keeps going through my WR list and taking them all :(

no jumping levels are aids

Agreed.

don't touch the ground levels are ludo though

Well you got WR on Fish Kingdom in the Clouds. I don't see anyone beating it any time soon. If someone manages to beat it faster than my dev record, I'll be surprised.

How the hell do you unlock the extra multiplayer chat commands? I've seen people saying shit that isn't on my list

challenge accepted

Do it

Done :P

Well I'll be damned, you did do it, and you did it pretty fast. Good job.

Attached: 1540959206524.png (422x494, 229K)

>people going for WRs can drag down your clear rate with repeated attempts
That kinda sucks

overall clear rate doesn't matter.

damn was just trying to load that up. webm looked good

Isn't that how it determines which tier it ends up in? That's how it was in Mario Maker 1

oh nevermind

IIRC they changed it so that if you clear it subsequent deaths don't count

I thought it was just like ratio. Either way, as long as I get likes, I'm happy. When I see zero likes, I know one of my stages is going to be on the copping block soon.

Well in only 3 players the clear rate on one of my levels dropped 20% and there's a new WR holder so I assume that's what happened. Not that it really matters for this level because it still should be in the "Easy" threshold

it doesn't matter

Who fucking cares? Reevaluate dude.

BXW-2N8-BRF

Reposting

VP1-TL8-6JF

fun

If you don't care enough to even post a blurb about these levels then I don't care to play them :^)

The hardest part of level creation to me is making the difficulty scale well. Even more so for multiple levels that are meant to be played in sequence.

Why the fuck are faggots able to eat you with yoshi in multiplayer? Literally a free win to whoever gets yoshi first

haha

>It's a puzzle that can only be beaten with a glitch episode
Seriously, what do people get out of making these? No one beats your level and it eventually gets removed. Maybe someone with autism can explain the joy of it to me because I can't really understand it.

>what do people get out of making these?
A level report usually

Can I report it if I don't have absolute proof that it involves a glitch? Here's the code for the stage. I shit you not, I cannot find any solution outside of some sort of bug

DHB-PVL-MKG

post em

Attached: 1562822170629.png (1000x1670, 24K)

It's a hell of a lot better than a wall of text.

Same. My newest strategy is a more streamlined approach. Instead of fixating on perfectly balancing dufficulty in one stage, I mix up a bunch of easy and hard ones. That way the casuals get their short and sweet and tryhards get their long and difficult courses. Everyone wins

why would you assume people want long and difficult

because I have a decent amount that consistently like those courses. And I want to give the people what they want

this. even just the title would be good enough

This
Minimalism is best.