Underrail Expedition

ITS OUT
What build are you going to use for the expansion?

Attached: Expedition.png (1920x1080, 3.97M)

Other urls found in this thread:

underrailDOTinfoDOTtm/build/
store.steampowered.com/app/694330/Underrail_Expedition
m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o
underrail.com
underrail.com/wiki/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>10$
I'm not an oligarch, Styg.

t. poorfag slav

base game could have been a lot more for what you got out of it

Do we know the full list of new perks and balance changes?
Otherwise i'm going to roll my good ol' 10WILL/8INT/9CON/4DEX psi juggernaut and just incorporate new psi school into him.

Attached: 1546159285303.jpg (727x727, 39K)

underrailDOTinfoDOTtm/build/
check the "expedition dlc" box

Do you play it after the main storyline?

No it's midgame around core city.

Shotgun or SMG build bros?

Shotgun
Shotgun
Shotgun
Shotgun
Shotgun

What the fuck do you mean "its out"?
For real?

Redpill me on stealth psi

store.steampowered.com/app/694330/Underrail_Expedition

No matter what you do, dont use sniper rifles

Like crawlers with magic. Should be culled on sight.

Holy fuck i didn't expect this to come out anytime soon
BASED

What the hell.. did the base game not do very good? This thing isnt getting any promotion anywhere, even tho no other big releases are happening

Yes lets spend all the money on marketing, screw development.
After all that's how games are made today and look how great it all turned out!

They're Serbian. The game could sell 5 copies and they'd be well off.

It's actually and unironically real.

Attached: .jpg (1026x797, 326K)

What do you mean, your shit doesnt show up under new releases in stores unless you pay them for it?

Spear Chads, assemble

who cares anymore? this was supposed to be out like 2 years ago and I beat the game before that

I really want to play a spear + shield + riot armour build, but I'm a bit confused about some things.
>Do spears get a AP cost reduction from DEX? If not, should STR and CON be the main stats?
>Are shields only available through riot armour?
>Which blocking feats should I take?
>Should I put 6 in Agility to get the spear sweep feat?

I think it shows up under new releases, but you have to pay for those main store page banners.

No idea except I'm pretty sure only riot armor gets shields.

I'm tempted to do a spear+riot gear run with all the new block/shield feats and riot gear getting buffed.
Plus spear throwing and Ski Jet Jousting.

>free texting questions
Reddit

>Stealth is still SHIT

Reinstalling as we speak.. The first time I played I tried to be a sneaky sniper, which was an absolute shitshow.
What is a fun build that is strong enough to actually finish the game this time?

Attached: 1561834903014.webm (550x550, 77K)

Full psi is the retardproof build

Not sure if I should to start over
I missed Jack Quicksilver quests at the starting station, so its not possible to get to the oculus now (where a lot of game lore is contained)

On the other hand, I remeber a lot of boring locations and fights i dont want to repeat

Hmm, I wanna use some kind of gun tho.. or are there psi builds that utilize them at least a little?

>ability to enter any encounter on your own terms
>shit
It's probably the most useful secondary ability on any build. Especially psi.

>truesighted faceless assholes

>Do spears get a AP cost reduction from DEX? If not, should STR and CON be the main stats?
Nope, STR weapon.
>Are shields only available through riot armour?
Yes, also you can only use a shield with a spear if you get the required feat, otherwise spears are two handed.
>Which blocking feats should I take?
All or nothing, every block source works separately as far as trigger chance is concerned but if they trigger at the same time the blocked amount stacks. So if you have enough block sources and they all trigger at the same time enjoy your zero damage taken.
>Should I put 6 in Agility to get the spear sweep feat?
No idea honestly, if it always hits then i guess it's useful for high dodge enemies. If it rolls a hit chance first then it's completely useless, if an enemy has high enough evade that you need to lower it then you won't hit him with sweep reliably.

>fighting the faceless
digging your own grave

>every block source works separately as far as trigger chance is concerned but if they trigger at the same time the blocked amount stacks.
That's sick. I hope they patch in a way for shields to work against ranged attacks

Man I love this game but it's hard to get through. I'll probably get the DLC anyway and do a shotgun run, but I'm concerned that they'll probably suck vs. DR

For those that haven't played in a while you can now make the game go 3x speed outside of combat

I made a shitty dex psi monk again.

alright bros I want to finally do the psy build I never got into
can I do a sledgehammer and psy build or should I just focus on raw psy build without any hybrids?

PSIONIC GOD PSIONIC GOD

THE PSIONIC GOD HAS COME

Pure psi or psi+unarmed are the go to psi builds.

I'm trying to figure out a decent stat spread for a shotgun build. I want 7 DEX for quick tinkering but I also need high agility for a shotgun build right?

My pure puncher will have to rest as I play a full psi guy again. Rest well, doped up fister beast.

How does this look for a shotgun build bros?

Attached: Capture.png (1269x944, 129K)

Survival Instincts or thick Skull for psychosis psi?

Electrokinetic imprint > quick tinkering

>shotgun build without kneecap shot
Bitch please, it's a fucking shotgun.

Also anyone know what's the base AP cost for Shield Bash?
The wiki has it at 15 but that can't be right since specialization can lower it by 15 AP, unless it really does mean that you get a 0AP cost Shield Bash.

>0 AP Shield Bash with 1 turn cooldown
>10 AP Spear Throw with 1 turn cooldown
I guess i'm making a spartan.

>4 Con
>for a build that is GUARANTEED to be almost melee range

I imagine there has to be a high STR unique shotgun out there, so I think that swapping AGI for Metal Armor (which I think capitalises on crafting skills better anyway) might be the way to go. Plus you also get to pick up Full Auto which seems like it'll be as useful for shotguns as it is for ARs and SMGs

Go SMG burst with high AGI and infused cavehopper gear it turns even dominating into easy mode

Sword.
DEUS VULT!

hey wait a second
>high agility
>no dodge/evasion to make up for squishiness
>and 4 CON to boot
nani

>Limited Temporal Increment reduces all cooldowns by 1 and can be spammed every 3 turns, with Future Orientation it's only 2 turns
>Stasis makes you invulnerable and ummovable by 2 turns but doesn't stop your cooldown reset
>Entropic Recurrence can be used after a big nuke to repeat its damage again
>Precognition adds dodge chance for when your ass is in danger and can synergise well with already having dodge skills
Damn this sounds tasty.
So what's the most cookie cutter full psi wizard build you can think of right now, anons?

Attached: 1542185873931.png (400x400, 12K)

Sneaky sniper is one of the best builds in the game though, you can literally oneshot the final boss.

If you want something braindead then heavy armor+assault rifles/sledgehammers

shotgun is all about mobility so blitz is a perfect fit

Aw yiss you can do 3x electrokinesis in a row now with fight reaction feat.

Aw fuck it I'm going to go for the spear + shield combo and be fucking invincible

at the risk of sounding lame, I'm just going to go with the heavy armour AR throwing build but with a bit of shotgun mixed in since it seems like the perfect secondary weapon for the build.

Then you realize that block only protects from melee attacks and does nothing to bullets and psi.

>Psycho-temporal Dilation
>Reduces target's action points by 10 and movement points by 27. Lasts 2 turns.
what the fuck bros Underrail is a tranny game now!!!

Because of Advanced Psi Empathy the perspective of CON tank wizards looks worse than before.
Looks like 10 AGI psi stealth is going to dominate the builds even better.

You don't understand user. It's a literal shitposter ability. You force others to dilate
Hell there's a trait that makes them dilate harder.

Survival instict psi got megabuffed with feats and being able to stack more crit/crit damage.

>tfw no "have sex" abitlity.

That's for psychosis psi which is quite frankly very boring to play since you're just a blaster.
Besides, Blitz is still a complete bullshit.

alright I got it
time to get back in action its been like two years I was waiting for this to come out

What's the point of Empowered (psi school) abilities? 35% skill value for a turn in exchange for all psi points afterwards is extremely inefficent given that your psi stats now potentially go all the way to the fucking 350% before any gear modifiers.

The good ol' uninstall wizard

New psi abilities are pretty cool, I'll definitely get Limited Temporal Increment and >Dilate for my monk.

I mean, realistically, 10 euros or such is a day's wage in Serbia. That's just enough money to get through for one day if you have a small family.

My SMG build. Might put points into persuasion as well.

Attached: Capture.png (1699x950, 140K)

I like the build. It's so fun to release hardcore nukes and feel like bombing the shit out of everything.

I would love it too but i feel like Underrail is one of those rare games where your wizard doesn't need a crit blasting capacity to utterly ruin entire encounters just by having big dick crowd control of all kinds.

Locus of control + enrage + force field = everyone is dead

Add toxic grenades to the mix. Chemisty is godsend on psi builds and ~50 in Throwing makes you competent with grenade throwing.

I mean, user, really, this is the kinda game where you either bullshit it or it bullshits you. People cry and cry about Psionics but Styg isnt dumb, he knows its powerfull and he permits it to be that powerful. He knows you can pull off pentakills with unblockable 600+ neural overload crits, with just a headband and not even pickled and trance. Locus exists because Styg so wills it.

What are the trap psi feats and the best?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=cxG64b5SH_o

Would this still be viable for the DLC? Anything new that should be added to the build?

God I want a shotgun build but I'm awful at actually making builds. What do?

New weapon types backported to the base game.

Attached: unknown.png (1920x1080, 1.09M)

>metathermics
A joke skill, go for mercantile instead
>10 con 10 will
Thats atleast 5 con too much. No. Get bio for bullhead drug or just use Locus to get out of stuns.
>Tranquility
Fuck tranquility, get psychosis, shit allow you to get ON DEMAND CRITS, AND SHITS AMAZING.
>but muh last stand
Fuck off, crits are king, burst damage is king, reallocate points and get throwing and grenadier if you wanna be extra versatile and sling grenades and lightning, get psionicaly apt perks, focus on stealh, hacking and lockpicking, and mercantile is a good investment.
>fucking FAST METABOLISM
What a joke of a goddamn build, use a build maker user, and then we can talk.

I don't suppose there's a respec is there? Wish he announced the DLC and how chemical/energy guns were getting so much love before I started a scientist run

>Fuck tranquility, get psychosis
Stop forcing this shit on others. Both tranquility and psychosis are good.

Half of what you said is wrong.

I wonder, would temporal manipulation go well with a shotgun build?

Metathermics has the best area spell in game: cryo orb. Cryokinesis is also nice.

Holy shit, temporal distortion can fucking wreck armored enemies.

Stop tricking new players into using horrible builds, you fucking retard.

Can energy shields substitute for a low dodge/evasion on a low CON psi build?

Hi MaZe
Still being an absolute autist, i see

Continuum Ripple good?

Wonder if a Doomguy heavy armor + shotgun build would work out

>have to press the bind 3 times to speed up and 3 times to slow down every time instead of an UI element
half a step forward

Which of his opinions are correct?

It sounds pretty good if you're willing to specialize into it.

>new learned feats
>body horror
>outer visions

Attached: 1409631374884.jpg (250x250, 15K)

Never played this but three questions: is a psi build viable? Are there multiple endings or quests like in Fallout New Vegas? Can I solve most things without killing everyone?

Tranquility and last stand.

Tranquil psi builds are viable but last stand sucks dick.

last stand works fine with tranquility

I have legit never heard of this game. Checked out a trailer on youtube and this looks fucking amazing.

1 yes very much so
2 no, one ending
3 if you play on oddities xp system you won't miss out on xp for avoiding enemies, but a good deal of quests do require a violent solution

>is a psi build viable?
It breaks the game in two
> Are there multiple endings or quests like in Fallout New Vegas?
Like little ending slides that change on which faction you chose? yeah
>Can I solve most things without killing everyone?
Hahahaha no

there have been tons of threads on Yea Forums for this game

Yes it's doable. Melee and psi will be a bit tougher but you can always stun etc them.

And leaves you with 1 health left. It's entirely unecessary.

Holy shit holy shit hoyl shit it's time

So a psi build lets me rape the game in combat?

Andwhat I meant by multiple endings was more like multiple solutions like ino Fallout or other RPGs like Baldur's Gate were the quest still ended but it was more of a "kill this guy or else just not kill him but endf up killing these guys instead"

>psy viable
very much so
>multiple endings
You have one ending with several choices affecting different slides. Otherwise no.
>solve most things without killing everyone?
AHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAH

Fuck no. This isnt a place where you can charisma 10 everything or speech out every single encounter. You either learn to get good at fighting or you die.

I haven't been here in a bit.... Sorry slacking. Too much work lately.

By the time it leaves you with 1 health everything is dead

>is a psi build viable
It's one of the strongest builds in the game.
There's two ways of building your psi build: tranquility (lower damage, can cast more, makes full use of amazing crowd control effects) or psychosis (burst crit damage, but penalties to psi costs). Both are good, personally i prefer tranquility.
Your core stats are 10 WILL and 7-8 INT. You still have enough points to max a single other build. Agility is probably the best pick (Blitz gives you up to 20 action points by converting movement points, can level up stealth which gives you a HUGE first hit advantage to apply crowd control in the most effective way, can invest into dodge/evasion but those are huge skill sinks), but nothing stops you from going into DEX or CON.

Psi is the best and easiest to play build in the game.
No multiple endings.
No, this is a combat, exploration and character building focused game, story and quests are secondary. The lore and setting are pretty great though.

There's a few "faction conflict" type of quests where you get to chose who to support and several npc's will have different ending slides
but at some point you will end up in the endgame dungeon and your only choice will be to fight your way through, possibly with help of some factions depending on how you treated them throughout the game

>story and quests are secondary
To be fair, the game is full of amazing quests.

Are thermodynamicity and mental subversion good feats or entirely unnecessary? The ice psi feats seem like beginner traps to me.

this isn't a game for speech check abusing onionss
you're in a giant hostile underground territory

How do I avoid spoilers aaaah
Guess I should nolife through the expansion before opening these threads

Attached: 1548060250416.jpg (542x573, 108K)

about the "combat based game" thing
it should be noted that the game does NOT penalize you for avoiding difficult encounters, if it is possible to avoid them
all quest and unique items exist within the world as physical objects from the start of the game, so if you chose to steal said objects or stun an enemy then bravely run away this counts as a success (provided it's not a "kill person" quest)
And it should also be noted that experience points are, if playing on oddities (which you should), collectibles themselves which also exist from the start of the game and no distinction is made in how you acquire them

There are much better alternatives to both of them. Don't take unless it's for rp reasons.

Subversion is kinda eh, at most you can synch it with shit like psykinetic lightning and psychostatic to make yourself have around 50% crit chance on a neural overload with extra damage from reduced resolve but honestly, if you want to demolish resolve, just locus into premed aoe mind break.

I fucking hated oddity exp once I hit level 20 because some of them are total fucking ass to find.

Psi builds are not only only viable but ridiculously powerful as long as you take care to note immunities like robots being unaffected by mind-control spells and have something to compensate. Leveling up Psi abilities also unlocks quite a bit of optional lore if you can find the right quest lines. There's a quite a lot of quests, some but not all with different endings. Biggest thing at least in vanilla is probably joining either the anarchist or the federation faction that have their own mutually exclusive quest lines. The actual main quest and its ending is mostly very linear and you do the roughly same things regardless of playthrough, though the ending is like New Vegas in that it has slides for different factions but it mostly concerns side quest outcomes and such. The final quest doesn't really have anything to do with any of the joinable factions.

>Can I solve most things without killing everyone?
No and kind of yes. You're gonna want to have a functional fighter regardless of how you go on about it and honestly there's not that many persuasion / intimidation / mercantile checks in the game. On the other hand the game's EXP system doesn't reward killing: you get EXP only from finishing quests or finding collectibles, many of which are hidden behind hacking / picklocking / pickpocketing checks, meaning that if you for example play a stealthy rogue and try to sneak through most encounters you won't lose any EXP from doing so unless the killable enemies happen to have collectibles on them.

The game have no real spoilers, just pretty fucking amazing quests all around, and some things you want to be spoiled or else you might permanently fuck yourself BADLY(like faceless)

Alright, I'll get it.
Is it playable with a touchpad or no since I don't always have a mouse with me if I'm going places.
It's turn based so I'm assuming yes.

And do I need to look up a bunch of stuff or is the manual (assuming it comes with one) or tutorial enough?

I went in blind and tried to create a stealth sniper build without psy. Completely failed, game literally doesn't allow that build

Probably. Aside from feats the build is going to be identical to AR builds, so you can sidearm an AR with W2C bullets for high DR/long range targets

Give me the absolute best Psy build there is. One that breezes through the game.

Interesting. Can you make and fun builds with it?

Attached: 1548277488930.png (400x275, 10K)

I've played the base game.

>psi gets buffed yet AGAIN
STYYYYYYYYG

What are the alternatives?

>Last Stand with this

Attached: 1537958813519.png (205x276, 82K)

You what now.

Ice feats are honestly okay, should be noted with hypothermia that each individual shard of cryokinetic orb applies one stack, so you can get the full debuff with one cast
and with cryogenic induction: shattering enemies is hilarious and once you get your skill high enough cryostasis --> implosion is an insta-kill combo though there are better options for feats

it should be good with a touchpad, or good enough. Follow the tutorial to the letter, be creative, be resourcefull and realize you do not need to storm the compound, guns blazing and face 30 people when you can eliminate one at a time, place traps and lure them into /your/ terms. The best trap in the game needs 0 skills invested into it, is dirt cheap and not even that heavy, and you can buy twelve of em at certain places.

Be a smart boy. You are in the underrail. There are no paladins here, so if you have to lay a fuckton of traps and throw a napalm molotov, do a few war crimes to get by, do it.

about last stand, can the "set to 1 hp" be inverted with temporary rewind or not?

I feel like caltrops are underrated

What are these options you guys keep mentioning but not explaining?

Holy shit now that's an idea.

So has anyone uploaded the GOG version yet

I use them all the time in my napalm toxic gas setups.

It's eight fucking dollars man

stealth sniper is one of the most powerful builds in the game IF you are smart enough to carry a spearhead sniper around for 2 shots per round without buffs and melee sniping
temporal manipulation works ridiculously well with snipers, maybe that's what he's getting at?

Can you add them to psi builds?

Help!
I've started the base game a few weeks ago, my character is a pistol/grenade guy with bit of stealth and crafting.
Completed Depot A with no problem, just a few traps and nade/molotov every fucker, no issue at all. Might go back for the bots with emp nades.
Now my question is that should I ditch stealth and make my char(a new one at this point) that laser/chem/whatever pistol build with high crafting instead?
I am afraid that my little traditional pistols will be worthless later on and that I should get crafting higher to make better nades.

...Holy fuck, tranquil psi is now on psychotic's level

crawler poison caltrops is one of the most ridiculously op items in the game

Will I fuck myself over if I make my build intuitively as I play or should I just sit and plan it out?

what crafting skill best compliments shotgun builds?

I'd use the builder just to make sure you can get the feats you want.

Sure step and covering the entire floor in caltrops is one of the most hilariously effective strategies in the game. Also great for acidbois who know what the fuck is up and dont need to go to endgame for infused frenchman booties.
user, stealth is usualy more so crafted material than invested points and pistoleros arent too cucked, especialy if you decide to autism some crafting and use special bullets. Dont just load up the normal ones every time, make your mags good. Laserboys are fun, but chem pistols are usualy more fun, since you can do atrocities with acid, ice and fire pistols. Crafting for higher nades is good, t4 ones are damn fine, so do as youd like user, grenadier is very solid.

I'm not sure that even works, does last stand even count as damage or not? can't find it on google

There isn't even a sniper rifle dropped in the game for multiple hours, let alone whatever sniper you're referencing.

Said no one ever, it is fact that all the usable items are all broken as fuck. You could beat the whole game with just grenades and caltrops

I'm STILL sitting at the character creation screen trying to come up with a build. I keep getting one about 60% planned out then starting another one.

Attached: 1268859824308.png (140x134, 4K)

fucking shotgun obviously, we've been waiting for years now

sniper absolutely, and I must stress this, requires crafting skills, without being able to add the -20% ap to them they don't work
but once they do, it's stupidly effective as not even a single enemy in the game can withstand a sniper shot not even Tchort

>8 dollars for a 12 hours long indie DLC
"no"

Machete melee, get taste for blood, flurry, find a way to make machetes bleed, combo it with flurry for like 200% damage, get parry or something, 7 or so con, 6 agi 10 str, 6, 3 will, 3 int and go from there, maybe get blitz too. Focus on just getting a riot suit with a tungsten shield and voila.

Root Soda looks like a good new buff food.

>Will I fuck myself over if I make my build intuitively as I play or should I just sit and plan it out?
Plan it out. You can always level up skills, but many perks come with minimum stat requirements and you get only one extra stat point per 4 levels. Other big things to note are the type of armor you're going to be using (if heavy then at least 8 or 9 STR is a must) or if you're going to be using what the game classifies as "light" weapons (daggers, pistols etc.) that get their AP cost lowered for every point in DEX, which may at certain breaking points mean one whole extra attack per turn.

its half the size of the original game which makes it huge

Is it really half? The download size was 2x the base game.

I don't think it's possible to do that defend warehouse quest in Core City without traps or caltrops, it's just too much shit coming

>thanks to mastery feats you can increase Last Stand to work up to 4 turns with 6 turns cooldown
hahahaha
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Attached: 1556729470088.png (363x357, 349K)

>Stand at corner of doorway
>Only 1 enemy can come in because of 1x1 tiles
>Just kill them one by one.
>If more happen to run in, spray n pray.

Jesus fucking christ, please tell me you are joking.

Oddity or Classic?

Alrighty, a few more questions before I strap in and learn by playing.
>Are there STR requirements for using armor and guns?
>Are dodge and evasion mandatory investment?
>Are hacking/lockpicking/pickpocketing all worth it if they're tied to the leveling system? Do people usually take all or just like one?
>What do crossbows offer that guns don't?

lots of unique assets

I still can't see riot gear working, like at all.
It's only melee damage reduction, and it's flat not % based. When was the last time melee damage, that wasn't a sledgehammer, killed you, melee enemies are dangerous because of the various debuffs they inflict, not their damage, and the riot shield doesn't prevent that at all.

I still want to make a spear build because 15 AP spear throw seems great on paper, along with impale, for single powerful damage hits but i feel heavy armor will be better than riot gear with shield in every single situation.

Oddity always.

Yes, get atleast 7ish str for assault rifles
Not really, just get equipment that boost them for the most part, maybe invest 40
Lockpicking and hacking are great, pickpocketing completely optional
Special bolts with several effects, but its a completely different playstyle from heavy dude with gun going ratatatatat

>8 dollars for an indie game DLC

>>Just kill them one by one.
one shotting all those dudes take some crazy save scumming

Thanks m8.

Attached: 1558136467879.gif (244x244, 46K)

that's a steal

tfw underrail looks like a cool game but you're a fucking loser at crpgs

i hate myself sometimes

>tfw want to make a sword build but unarmed + psi is just way too tempting

Attached: 2.jpg (1888x961, 510K)

You'll forever stay a loser if you keep that mentality. Just buy it and jump right into it.

Go into the build calculator user.
You gain 15 specialization point and it only costs 8 to fully max it too, allowing you to also put points into some other OP shit like shaving off 5 turns of Locus of Control's cooldown.

Attached: 1548602807528.png (445x67, 3K)

go with a full-psi build
impossible to screw up

Sweet baby jesus. What other bullshit did you find user?

I haven't looked into psychosis builds, they probably enable you to crank up the crit multipliers even higher too.

Evasion and dodge are nearly useless if you're in heaviest armor. Heavy armor imposes an armor penalty that negatively affects stealth, dodge, evasion and movement speed, going down to -95% malus if I'm remembering correct so all the stat investments to those skills have nearly no effect if you're a walking tin can. On the plus side heavy armor can nullify low enough DMG entirely (many horde animals and rapid-fire weapons) and not having to put points into dodge or evasion means you're free to put those precious points elsewhere.

Yes, assault rifles, snipers and shotguns have STR requirements along with heavy armor and Riot Shields.

No, Heavy armor or full on stealth work fine, dodge/evasion are also completely all or nothing. Either pick every possible feat that increases them and every piece of equipment that does the same or don't bother wasting skill points. Unless you want feats that have dodge/evasion requirements, like uncanny dodge which is pretty good.

Hacking/lockpicking are worth it but depending on your character you don't have to max them, there are items/tools that increase them and if you are a DEX based character you can keep them low and still open everything. Also if you are using the oddity exp system it means faster leveling.

Utility, tons of utility.
Guns do damage while crossbows do damage, stun, set people on fire and they play extremely well with traps which means even more utility. Also completely silent so yay stealth.

I just noticed this feat now exists
MOTHER OF GOD

Attached: Screen Shot 2019-07-22 at 20.31.42.png (405x207, 7K)

R8 the psi juggernaut.

Attached: 1562254815709.png (1905x942, 179K)

Is Psi + Shotgun possible?

Sort of?
Force field and electrokinetic imprint can be abused even with 3 will

>yes, 5 for sniper and shotty, 6 for most assault rifles, 8 for metal armor and sledgehammers, 9 for tungsten metal armor and sledges, riot armor shields: 5 for most shields, 6 for tungsten, 4 for psi carapace. also note: unique weapons can have their own requirements, like a unique AR with 5 str req, or a unique crossbow with 6 str req
>no, most people don't bother with them at all
>hacking/lockpick aren't mandatory but they're extremely useful to have, pickpocket is eh
>crossbows are kinda like snipers but more versatile, goes very well with traps and crafting skills
here's an old build pic, outdated but it should give you some ideas.

Attached: 1499782195679.png (1442x5600, 591K)

Same. I started a sniper playthrough without any gay traps.

temporal manip skills seem like they don't need that much willpower either

10 CON is not necessary. Locus of Control already covers your stun immunities. 1 point will have far higher value in dexterity to avoid the negative skill cost of lockpicking or in STR to allow you to use riot gear with a psi shield.

It seems previous saves aren't really compatible with Expedition. I got no specialization points.

So do you not up will at all with it? I was hoping for a build that could use full Psi powers + Shotgun, Maybe it's not worth it.

>without any gay traps
your loss

Attached: 64574575.png (540x770, 326K)

Ah yes, until the 15 turn cooldown.

>you could get 40 extra AP if you take Blitz, Expert Sprint and Fight Response

Attached: 1329385648.png (247x248, 91K)

If anything survives the locus of control proc with following AOE you've picked a bad strategy

>Psycho-temporal Contraction
>doesn't scale with skill
What the hell this makes adrenaline shot even crazier

Psycho-temporal Acceleration does need 45 in temporal manipulation though.

No strategy is fullproof.

So can you get the new weapons and the psi abilities anywhere else in the base game or do you need to travel to the new locations?

What was the key to reload your gun quickly?

see

So far for me it's literally the hands down strongest of the early psi powers with Ripple. It's disgustingly good.

There is no build there. Why are you showing me this crap?

hey neat another last-stand combo
if you're willing to live on the edge

Attached: health.png (405x226, 10K)

It can also probably get passed an industrial bot's defenses. Finally, psis have a counter for that invincible mindless piece of scrap with a flamethrower.

So
>4 turns of last stand
>two uptime turns with 10 more AP
>last stand again
You will feel like god.

Are you playing on normal or hard and beyond?
HP penalty on hard is harsh.

The will requirement makes it unattractive to anyone but psi builds sadly.

It seems to be specifically for psi con builds with last stand.

I can already tell that it will rape the everloving fuck out of everything. Have you noticed that it doesn't break Mental Breakdown? Like you can not only cast it, they won't even wake up when it triggers. Shit's OP yo. I'm an eternal psifag and this is too much even for me.

Normal because psis with even 10 con don't have shit for health on hard.

and sofar nobody has been able to confirm yet but if temporal rewind works you could boost yourself to max for one extra turn as well

With psychosis and survival instincs this will be pure madness

Attached: Psi crit.webm (960x540, 2.8M)

Wait, really? Holy shit!

Does Ambush work with shotguns?

>psi builds after this DLC

Attached: 1532931913969.jpg (1280x720, 90K)

Sure but it's incredibly specific when it comes to light level on both you and the enemy.
Honestly it's not worth taking.

shoot less bullets, Ivan

As they should be.

Post shotgun webms PLEASE

got it, thanks for looking out.

I played vanilla for a bit a while ago. If I play again should I get the DLC? When do you access it in game?

Is this an immersive game?

Fuck! Old saves don't get specialization points.

>shoot barrel
>it explodes

Attached: 1561632228245.jpg (566x800, 90K)

Yes. Very.

Yeah, look.
This thing has great range, it's spammable, it spreads while you chill behind a forcefield, it will be a beast with locus, it cuts through armor like butter, and what the fuck even resists energy?

Attached: breakdown distort.png (682x447, 404K)

>and what the fuck even resists energy?
Metal armor a little bit and forcefields.

I really like the idea of the scientist one. Think I'm gonna use that as my template.

Locus is thought control only but holy fucking shit! It works behind forcefields? Why are there grenades when you have rippling time fuckery?

Well it says it ignores shield and 50% of armor, DR and DT.

do you mean for shotguns or in general? Ambush is fucking amazing and way easier to get to proc than you'd think. I just finished an energy pistol run on dominating and there were only two rooms in the game where I couldn't do it.

Attached: energy pistols 1.webm (960x540, 998K)

Nah you can't cast it through a forcefield if that's what you mean. What I meant is that you infect one enemy with it, hide behind forcefield, and everyone gathers around you so it can ripple like holy fuck.

Would it be retarded to play dominating on my first run? My crippling autism makes it weird for me to play a game on anything but the highest difficulty.

Dominating is very doable on the first run if you are what you claim to be.

>Locus is thought control only
That's for Mental Breakdown.

Dominating is explicitly pure bullshit. Do not play it for your first playthrough.

Love this game but FUCK the Chemical Unit. Jesus planting the mutagen in the Rebels base almost made me reconsider my stance on who to side with(keyword being ALMOST) because those fuckers wouldn't have batted an eye if I got caught up in it.

>that webm
big gay

Did chemical commando got any new content?

how much STR does shotties require?

7 for full auto

Anarchist propaganda. CAU are the unsung heroes of Underrail.

>hating on based CAU
Anarchic fuck.

Consider this user. When you come back, they get so impressed they give you one of their suits. One of their very expensive, very unique, highly respected suits from one of the most feared spec ops teams in the entire Underrail.

The chemical unit was here to do a job. You proved your mettle enough its commander shipped you the best present he could. The Free Drones are fucking dogs, and you proved you were a man.

And that suit lets you abuse the hell out the XAL-001.

Bought it to support Styg. Sadly don't have free time to deep dive at the moment.

Give me your BEST Shotgun builds, Yea Forums. I want the primetime, award-winning, battle-decisive, supreme commander in chief best builds for the shotgun there is.

Preferably shotgun and heavy armour.

Love their armour's high resistances.

i know this is a late response but this happened to me on my first playthrough and i was still able to get into occulus

i'm pretty sure abram is the key factor in the questline

True. But normal chem pistols and a advanced catalyst are good enough user.
Their power really shines in two situations. You are a acid user, and you going down under. And by fuck, going down under is a breeze with this.HA, just kidding, DC is still a sloggish hell, but fuck it, atleast it makes the Mushrooms easier, especialy if you take some irongut and eat some canned mushrooms, 100% bio imune there

current idea for a traditional sniper augmented with temporal manipulation
well aware that 3 con with psi means if I get hit I'm fucked, but sniper's killing power combined with temporal manipulation, force field and crafted caltrops/traps should make it possible to get through fights without getting hit

any ideas on improvement?

Attached: psiper.png (963x962, 95K)

Fucking swear lads, my spear wielding character is going to be a beast of war.

I have legitimately been waiting to replay this game for like 2-3 years. Being back in game feels so fucking good, even at the very beginning. Holy shit I fucking love this game.

Attached: 1562737866420.png (869x709, 373K)

No, it's fucking not. You shouldn't pay money for indie games, especially not DLCs. Get out, shill.

psi skills are learned by the actual skill points you've invested, not your effective skill level

also i'd take premeditation earlier and try to find some way to fit cryostasis and psychokinetic imprint

apply yourself

Usually I never like vehicles introduced to games but damn the waterski is fun and gives inventory space too.

>You shouldn't pay money for indie games
I'll bite, exactly how do you justify this?
The money goes directly to the developers, not some fat-cat publisher

What a stupid human.

HOLY FUCK IT'S OUT!
Play now or give it a month of bugfix patches?

No bugs so far except one mob spawn has troubled mouse targeting. 100% playable.

More fun new before feats get inevitably nerfed to shit

Fuck off with this indie trash

Fuck running a 3 strength crossbow+traps build without pack rathound, everything is so damn heavy.

What the fuck can you guys help me out for once.

>Yea Forums is now slavshit shill central
fuck this shit

>immediately just want to play pure psi wizard again
The powers are calling to me

I could move premeditation up to lv 16 and assume that the power of sniper rifles will be enough to postpone the crit-boosts
but I don't think I'll need cryostasis as there's already Stasis to temporarily immobilize strong enemies and generally speaking shooting something with a sniper rifle is about as effective as cryostasis
though maybe at higher levels I'd find the points for it as I do want the 50 points in bio for crawler poison caltrops

Is there new type of armor in the expedition?

Calm down there Julius. I'll take you down and take over your unit soon enough buddy. Just a shame you can recover that Rebel lady's memories after you wipe out their base with the mutagen.

There are several new leathers at least, probably other stuff too.

Death to america
New WTC attacks

It has been too long, komrade.

*can't recover

sup newfag

Think I'll try one of those OP psi builds I've heard so much about. Can you actually get enough skill points to max all the psi trees, and get the other important skills like lockpicking, hacking, stealth and crafting? Do the evasion skills actually help a lot?

Attached: party time.gif (541x332, 396K)

Can confirm this, 80% of Serbia lives on 300 eur/month

Does anyone know how to get specialization points on old saves? I don't want to start from scratch on my pure puncher build.

you only get them past level 15

He's level 25.

Jesus why even bother being a sniper.

Lads...
Lads, holy shit.
>Planned to get Spear Throw from the very beginning
>In all honesty, I fully expected it to be shit but I was gonna take it anyway just because it obviously fits the spear build theme
>Non crits doing 70ish damage
>Critting for 128 damage on heavily armored Psi Beetles ALREADY
I'm only fucking level 3 for fuck sake and I'm already shitting out damage on a build that is going to be basically immune to melee damage.

Attached: Massive fucking damage.jpg (2560x1440, 573K)

PSI FOR THE PSI GOD

Attached: 1514601001562.gif (708x458, 3.61M)

> Can you actually get enough skill points to max all the psi trees, and get the other important skills like lockpicking, hacking, stealth and crafting

so long as you don't take up dodge/evasion, yeah

you don't need a lot of mechanics, biology or chemistry as PSI. you need around 80ish mechanics to craft with the highest quality beetle carapace in the game, 70 biology for trance, and 20 chem for gas grenades if you're playing on dominating

evasion skills help out and i usually take them but if you want to max out temp and still be able to open stuff there's just no room anymore. you have enough CC to literally never get hit if you plan correctly

>*blocks you're path*

Attached: 1550017441970.jpg (624x697, 132K)

Psionics is the gift of Gods.

Does it make the game not shit?

>sixth shell increase damage by 100%
>barrel stare for another 20% at close range
>fragmented chaos increases crit damage bonus by 83% with trainshot and another 124 with critical power.
Oh fuuuuck

Goddamit Styg you ghost release a game when i have no money? Jesus Christ

Fuck, now I really want to start playing Underrail. I'm like 30 hours into BG2, and although TB combat is much better than RTWP I feel like I should finish BG2 before starting another CRPG. Fuck

because snipers easily deal 10 times as much damage?

High chem really helps even on psi builds because grenades are universally strong though.

>Ghost release

Retard, he announced it over a month ago.

>be level 13 with the best crafted sniper I can make
>maxed out stealth and gun skills for my level
>crits only deal 650-700 damage at best
why even be alive

>Turn based

Attached: 1560317878755.jpg (720x960, 61K)

make the right kind of sniper and you'll start dealing 1k+ through even the heaviest armored enemy

>cooldown one turn
Wow finally a reason to raise throwing

not necessarily

plasma pistol crits for 3k + and you can fire it twice a turn with 16 dex or 13 dex + point shot

whats the right kind of sniper

I'm sorry you have no brains. Give my condolenses to your mother.

Don't you have to retrieve it?

Not him but anatomical scope with proper ammo and crit perks is really essential. Dont try and use hollow 12.7 on a dude thats clearly armored, dont use ap on a rathound, plan acordingly.

spearheads with a smart module also shoot twice per turn
also can you guarantee crits with plasma pistols like you do with snipers?

This is kind of what has been irking me. I'm level 13 in core city at the fucking warehouse and I just can't find more oddity shit. I did the foundy. I did the rat king. I did pretty much everything else I can really find but I know im underlevelled and until I magically find huge areas full of oddities I somehow missed while doing mostly everything, I'm going to be gimped. Unless you get 4 levels from oddities off pickpocketing exclusively I really don't get where I fucked up.

Do the foundry before you do the ogligarchy's quests.

I did.

I'm aware. I've played a sniper character before I'm just saying that energy pistols do not lack damage in the slightest. The main advantage snipers have over energy is range; you have to get WELL within range of the enemy's melee attackers in order to shoot someone with plasma so most of the time you're better off with laser + ambush set up or electroshock aimed shot.

>also can you guarantee crits with plasma pistols like you do with snipers?

Yes.

He said he already done it. I'm puzzled, after Foundry and Camp Hathor he should be way higher level than 13. Way, way higher.

You do, yes, but once you're close enough the actual act of picking it up costs 0 AP, so you can throw it, run over, pick it up, and usually get a single hit melee range all in 1 turn.

Foundry has some hidden uniques like the one in the mine cart or those stupid dice in the foundry bunker hallway.

snipers just got a new perk that allows them to basically use aimed shot every turn though, that ought to be a gamechanger
and I feel like snipers still have higher damage potential than plasma pistols

>Just crit now for 149 damage against a Psi Beetle with the throw
Jesus fuck

I know. I genuinely don't get what I fucked up. Its aggravating.

This game is extremely fucking intimidating.
I have no idea how to start or what to do or how to invest or whats important or what half this cryptic shit means on this laundry list of stats displayed for skills and oh god

Is it worth taking pack rathound if I'm going 3 strength psi? I know perks are going to be kind of tight but fuck I won't be able to carry ANYTHING.

lel

Attached: 1546300983028.png (1422x383, 310K)

I hope you like robbing houses.

Been to the Drop Zone yet? You can pick up a level or so from the oddities there, and another from the safe parts of CC.

I don't get it

What IS the actual Psi build?

Should I just reroll the character I used in the base game or try something new? I did enjoy playing a knife guy a fair bit.

Attached: Gopnik Warrior.jpg (1920x1080, 272K)

Get lifting belt and blow your money on fried tentacles instead. Money can buy that but not feat points.

Try something new user. New content, new perks, new playstyle.

Sure, but you can have two weapons and switch between them, throw one then melee with the other.
Also with 3 specialization points spear throw cost can be lowered to 10 AP.

i've never used any of the super high damage spread one shot per turn rifles towards end game like reaper to see what their damage is like so maybe. i don't think it really matters at that point though considering they both just one shot everything regardless.

i am jealous that snipers, psychosis and tranquility have all of these new fun toys when they were already 3 of the best classes in the game

The devs changed the game map a bit and this is an NPCs reaction if you say some place was closer to SGS before.

The truth is that you can make way more money than you need from quests and loot even with limited carry space. You just have to let go of the lootlust and leave unnecessary items on corpses.

Oh. I should've realised it was that but I haven't started it yet since I bought the xpack. I'm waiting for someone to post a good fucking shotgun and heavy armour build already.

Yeah but if you can't afford to level throwing they are a wild card.

cyka punk build when

Attached: 97defad16946ddf96a431e7ce6455e19061c3707r1-953-518v2_uhq.jpg (953x518, 59K)

It wasn't my favorite change to be honest. Not sure why we needed a long ass corridor with nothing in it.

Throwing gives very good returns. 50 is more than enough for having a solid chance to hit enemies. 80 is like 90% chance to throw in 4 tiles range.

12.7's have one particular use: oneshotting the final boss

God the atmosphere of this game is fantastic

pic related was mfw exploring the caves in my first playthrough, it felt like I was playing STALKER for the first time again

Attached: 3124232132.png (223x286, 122K)

Just dive in. There's a point that checks your build and gates you from the game really opening up (Depot A), so you'll know a few hours in if your build is total shit or not. Enjoy the learning, I beat the base game with an extremely poorly optimized build and dozens of wasted skill points. It's still a blast.

>donโ€™t have to use speedhacks anymore
Thank God, I love these kinds of games but walking through the same wilderness Iโ€™ve already been through at a snailโ€™s pace absolutely kills it for me.

I've had this game for ages but I never really played it for shit. Whats a good Psi build, I want to be a mind wizard that shits all over everything effortlessly, and how the fuck do you survive the early game at all? What do you take, and when? Is there a guide showing exactly where to put your points at what level?

Classic exp isn't actually that unbalanced it just means when you hit the endgame you will actually be leveled up enough to straight up ignore those tchortist assholes.

I forgot how tough Psi Beetles are.

>2019
>stilll no UI scaling
Come on Styg, I don't want to play your game in 720p.

I know, but getting all 4 psi, stealth, hacking, lockpicking, and enough crafting skill to make a headband, use a good beetle carapace, bio for DRUGS and have enough skill for grenades AND also get throwing to 50 would take like level 15-20 or so before you are actually set.

He's speaking generally, it actually has been a while since the last underrail thread.

Its less rewarding but you have the option of grinding levels, unlike with oddity where if you find fucking everything the game has you might end at what, low to mid 20s?

play ATOM rpg

Where can I go to see all the new feats?

indie games like this are the only games you should pay for, this is a product of passion.

Can you get by with relatively low stealth, like 50% of available leveling stealth points? Or is it one of those skills you should really max it?

You can hit level cap and still miss about a quarter of the oddities.

stealth is all or nothing if I recall correctly, though there's a point of diminishes returns (which I don't remember now)

>paying money for games that are released without DRM
cuck

>I'm sorry you have no brains. Give my condolenses to your mother.
Tell her when you find an argument

if you're going with heavy armor there's no point to dodge and evasion right?

kinda shit game desu. copies the combat and inventory systems from a game that already was criticized for shit combat and inventory systems 20 years ago, quest writing is extremely weak at times ("you're the village traitor? hey man come to this abandoned shack with me to talk about it trust me bro xD"). perks suck ass, hunger mechanic is just obnoxious inventory management that gets irrelevant right from the start, if you haven't specced in assault rifles your build is fucked late game et cetera.

i can only recommend the game if you are one of those people who have replayed fallout 2 multiple times, because i'm one of those people. but objectively looking at it it's not exactly great.

you can usualy go well with just mostly equipment user. 40-50 stealth and good shit will do you fine.

Seriously, do I have to remake my fist fighter to get specialization points?

yeah

in my experience you generally need around 150-160 effective stealth to not fail perception checks by the sniper characters towards the end game. outside of them though, you could probably get around with much lower. someone on the forum said that he was able to sneak around DC with 0 stealth and just cloaking device + bacalava + ninja tabis + overcoat and there's some vid on youtube of a psi guy stealthing tchort on dominating with only 40.

>paying money for games that are released *with* DRM

Attached: 15940352_321376128263100_1687665009031954044_n.jpg (283x395, 24K)

Thanks. I mostly just want it for the few quests where its useful and to get a nice alpha strike as PSI ARCHMAGE.

I don't remember all these kinds of food when i was playing this game almost 4 years ago.
Are food effects permanent unless you replace them?

HAR HAR HAR (you)

Attached: cGIay9e.png (280x272, 3K)

> Artificial Difficulty: The Game, expansion pack 1

never heard of this game, but I'm going to assume the graphical style is exactly like rimworld or that other shit top down "we cba with making any graphics for this" game

retard "games" journalist

Underrail threads are always so comfy

Attached: 1563601957089.png (406x564, 207K)

lol, butthurt humble bundle dying fucktard.

>but I'm going to assume the graphical style is exactly like rimworld or that other shit top down "we cba with making any graphics for this" game
nigger how hard is to watch a video before vomiting shit like that?

Actually making sprites is a lot of work. Also this game has maximum soul.

I got mine on all my chars just fine.

Attached: underrail_2019-07-22_14-00-04.png (984x712, 65K)

How reasonable is it to actually get past 25 on an oddity experience run? Do I NEED pickpocket or to be a murder hobo, or is it actually doable?

You are aptly beyond fucking retarded, as it looks like Stalker and Fallout 2, except not fucking terible.

new death animations when? i'm not asking for much, i just want shit like getting gibbed, burned to ashes or melted, maybe having your head blown off.

Fucking how?

No, but you have to level up first. You'll get all of your missing points then.

So what do they all do? Just buff perks?

So I need 7-8 STR and Perception if I want to do a doomguy build with heavy armor+shotguns, right? Any other key stats?

Attached: bron.png (128x128, 29K)

Imagine playing with permadeath, even on normal.

Attached: 1545267800956.jpg (480x493, 36K)

They last for 20 minutes. The game always had them but we got a lot of new food last december.

yeah i can confirm this
i have a character who's actually sitting at level 25 and he didn't get the specialization points even for the previous levels, the ones who "overleveled" by the end of the game got them

Do you really even get value going stealth psi? Feel beetle carapaces make stealth really big pain in the ass.

i have no idea why people have this fascination of playing iron man on CRPGs. They all have RNG combat, no matter how well you plan you just need to get unlucky once and its over.

Attached: 1544953013464.jpg (220x299, 22K)

Is advanced psi empathy worth it? Yeah, I can spam psi for days but I would be ridiculously squishy.

nimble

do they play to be out on anything besides pc?

7 str for full auto, 8 for heavy armor, 9 for tungsten heavy armor
7 constitution for juggernaut
6 int for armor sloping
6 agi for sprint

5 dex if you want leading shot

Not a fan. Got shilled it when it came out and ended up with a half broken game missing tons of content (like the trader hub only selling cabbage and no weapons). Maybe in a year from release it will be finished.

Why the fuck does the game give me this little loading bar for a solid minute, before I get the startup menu?!

did you just download the expansion? it did that for me too when i first opened it with expedition installed but on the second time i opened it was back to normal

So, something like this and upping my int later?

Attached: Heavy Metal Starts.png (1920x1080, 2.81M)

Ah, 2nd time was faster..
I had to download the files manually from GoG because that shit dont work with Galaxy..

Redpill me on Chemical Weapons? Are they fun?

Or dump int and ignore crafting feats.
I'm used to running melee heavy armor builds so armor sloping is important because of the movement points, and i need int for cheap shots and expose weakness anyway, no idea how important it will be for a shotgun build.
You could also dump agility but heavy armor without sprint is painful to play.

Do you like bypassing damage resistances and lighting everything on fire?

Very much so

Holy shit temporal distortion is great.

did they add a built-in game speed option?

>tfw you beat a horse of unwashed natives wielding swords and spears to death with your bare hands
Feels good man.

can you get temporal manipulation skills early into the game from trainers? or is it a crapshoot?

they're pretty much mindless chain CC with hilariously absurd DoT damage (or atleast when i used them; i know fire pistol got tuned down a little in the expansion). if you ever played a warlock in WoW they're like that

cooked shot also totally breaks the beast fight

I need a redpill on psy builds. What to take, what stats should be, everything.

Thoughts?

Kind of wary going 4 psi since I can't really get stealth, crafting and throwing all at once, but man it sounds exciting.

Attached: maybe.jpg (1919x935, 455K)

>only weapon that can kill I don't have to explain shit to you

it sure is fun, also setting everything on fire or leave it frozen is a bonus, leaving people stuck in acid until they melt is also fun

i dunno what to play. super buff throwing knives in riot armour with shield perks is best i've come up with. first time through (didn't finish, got pretty far though) was stealth crossbow, blob pistols, grenades on hard. was pretty easy. I had a meme bladed metal armour, punching, taste for blood, vile weaponry guy once that was a fun idea. i guess only other thing i've come up with is full wizard on dominating. i'm still sitting at character creation.

Well, you gave me alternatives instead of saying 'no, retard' so I'm guessing this is a good enough start. I've only played a no-armored knife pervert so this'll be new to me.

nice non sequitur. Are you some dimwit ESL?

If you are a pyromaniac it's even better than psi.

As early as any other psi school.

does that still work? i remember seeing a thread about that on the forums years ago and styg immediately saying he was going to fix it

I'm new to the game and this shit is my current problem.
It seems like theres a ton of build variety potential. I have no idea what to do, it all sounds interesting.
Fuck

Why is it 8gb in size when the original game is just 2 gb? Did them improve those trash graphics?

Chem pistols are even better than before

It can't tho. That was patched at least a year ago if not more.

there is a new trainer in sgs for temporal manipulation

you can get stealth with crafted gear, and its more than enough for early game, and by the time you need more you got some points to spare since you only need to level hacking/lockpicking to 120/110 effective skill (the highest level hack is 135 and lock is 130, a t3 haxxor and a t3 lockpick with the jackknife equiped is enough to reach those)

you can also stop leveling some crafting stats after you reach certain levels which will give you more points to spare, you could always not level temporal manipulation to the max since the most useful skills don't scale and you get them pretty early

and if you are playing dominating you definitely want 30 effective chemistry to craft gas grenades

POST SHOTGUN BUILDS YOU TURBOSHITTERS

10 STR 10 CON, smash everything with a hammer, get the yell feat for the ultimate angry caveman experience, enjoy

Attached: arnold-schwarzenegger-cigar-i29253.jpg (483x600, 70K)

oh, what a shame, styg you fucking fagget

So what would be a good place to stop with temporal manipulation then? 50?

Wouldn't I be missing out on a lot of shit with a tardbuild like that though?
I mean don't get me wrong it sounds fun, but it also sounds like a 2nd/3rd "real" playthrough experience.

70 so you can get stasis

It works perfectly fine, it's not a meme build you dingbat. Go ahead and be a stealth or PSI nerd instead then if that's what you're into.

see
I took juggernaut and sprint

depends if you are abusing forcefield + force user or not

if you are, 55 is enough since it gets you Psycho-temporal Contraction, if you are not you might want to go to 70 for stasis

On a shotgun build is it worth getting all the 6 shotgun feats? Seems like a lot.

Is thick skull worth taking if you're going up against melee foes?

Six will be your waifu whether you like it or not, so decreed our lord Styg.

you're mostly gonna be getting stunned by non-melees but it's a great feat to take if you have the stats to regardless

Perfect scattering seems kinda shit

as if i would take a six fingered ugly godmen cyborg as a waifu, the only good six is a dead six

>Perfect scattering
You think its worth skipping, 1 to 2 more damage seems like junk.

Well at best with hopper shot it would do only 20-40 more damage per shell

is there a spear that causes bleed? barbed or something

just pick something you find cool, don't worry too much

on a utility psi build, go 35 metathermics for cryostasis or not?

gotta do energy pistols now for sure

as long as you pick a single offensive skill and focus on it you can't go wrong for normal difficulty at least

Holy shit the damage.

Attached: 20190723005706_1.jpg (1920x1080, 295K)

nah, if you go for utility go for forcefield since its the best psi skill, temporal manipulation might be nice too for the cooldown reduction

going 25/70 for force field and the full temporal manipulation suite anyways, was just wondering if the 35 on top of that was worth it
probably will invest spare points into intimidation to check what it's about, maybe take yell as well

unless you are planning to take the perk that lets you shatter people in cryostasis i don't think its worth it, you are probably better taking another kind of support skill like traps or stealth if you are not taking it

throwing is always nice, and there is always crafting which is useful for everything

Post psi builds fgt.

going for a shotgun build with temporal for control, hoping the extra options will be worth the 25% health cut
was already taking crafting skills, I know how valuable they are

Who is the temporal trainer?

Protip with 45 you can also get electrokinetic imprint which lets you cheese crawlers and chokepoints and has a lower cooldown than quick tinkering

Is it worth taking paranoia for the initiative bonus, or do you need a fuckton of initiative to make it worthwhile?

trigger happy's better if you're just looking for initiative bonus but yeah, generally i'd only take those kinds of feats on a high initiative build to set it over the top

paranoia has the bonus of raping death stalkers though

Dude in the cantina.

I just like without some boosts to initiative and low stealth I'll get bodied constantly.

There's a foodstuff that gives you 5 initiative

Oh shit underrail thread.

I've just started playing the base game, but how the fuck you are meant to deal with deathcrawlers? Seems the only way is to get rekt, reload the auto-save, run up to the spot you died, manual engage combat and throw flares and pray. If you didn't hit the right spot reload and repeat. Feels like I'm cheating the game but there's literally no other way since the fuckers re-stealth after each attack.

What are some things to look out for if I am playing a sledgehammer meleeman build?

Force field, quick tinkering, molotovs, electrokinetic imprint, good frag grenades.
Git gud

since you are taking psi then you are probably already going stealth, so traps might be better than taking metathermics , i don't know how good are shotguns against armor though and what difficulty you are playing, for dominating taking metathermics for exothermic aura is pretty decent to spot crawlers and to be immune to fire and tank the industrial robots

Where the frick do you get the blueprint for spears?

They are very, VERY fucking dumb bugs. So do what a good hunter would do and place traps. Place one right in front of you. Theyl walk right in. Then throw in a flare to reveal the rest.

Sorry mate, I'm playing as a basic 3/10/7/10/3/3/4 dex psi monk without any planning.

there is usually some indicators in what areas you might find crawlers, red mushrooms usually mark an area where you might find them, depends on your build aswell, some builds can tank them and then either heal the poison or resist the stun, psi can use a lot of crowd control, and some other builds have their ways to do it

>i don't know how good are shotguns against armor though
>3p tungsten shell a.k.a. trainshot
>ignores 75% DT and 40 %DR
>50% daze chance
>if already dazed turns into stun
Shotguns are gonna be fun as fuck

Anyone got a psi monk build for the expansion? It's been, what, 3 years now? I've forgotten most of the breakpoints by this point.

Take a boat to Junkyard, Kendrick has them.

Should I drop my SMG playthrough to do shotfuns? What's the general stat spread like at the moment?

Cryostasis + Temporal Distortion spam is a pretty good combo.

Of course, put in 7 str and the rest at your choosing. Skill alocation is thoroughly up to you,ยด.

Why 7 strength?

I'm really curious if there will be anything in the game that makes distortion less OP. Early it shits on all three other tier one damage spells. Later when those become strong with proxy locus and whatever they might be faster, but I don't think there's a single thing you can't kill with only distortion and some support spells. Not in the base game at least. And that would make this the only school without a counter.

Because base is 5 but to do the burst fire, you need 7.

Yeah I noticed, also I think the music changes if there's stealthed enemy nearby.
I have no issues dealing with them once they are visible. I have points in mind control and very good burst dmg output from smgs. It's getting them to reveal that's tricky.

Didn't play as a hunter so I have no pts in crossbow or traps.

Also I'm fairly sure that after it does the climb into invisible ceiling animation it disappears from the map for a turn or so, and then reappear in stealth somewhere. You'd think throwing a flare at your feet would stop stealthed enemy creeping up on you but no.

the builds been nerfed multiple times over since you last played. i don't feel like clicking 400+ times to have the stats allocated on the build so i'll just tell you expose weakness + lightning punches + fancy footwork + combo + cheap shots + critical power + taste for blood + premeditation are the general skeleton of what makes unarmed good in this game. spec for those and do whatever, you can go 10 AG and have insane dodge/evasion potential along with blitz for 20+ attacks in one turn, or go high CON and get survival instincts/thick skull and be semi-tanky while having an insanely high crit chance (80%+) at sub-30% health. with 55 points in temporal manipulation you get a psi skill that's pretty much a free blitz + sprint as well.

Firstly, your best trap, the simple bear trap, is 0 points investment. You can use it anywhere, anytime and there is no point in poisoning burrowers, they are immune.

Secondly, false. It does not dissapear, it just hides. I caught a few out myself and I know for a fact how they work. They poison you, dab out into a corner into a sprint, wait until you get stunned, then come running towards you. Flare helps find them and reveals them when it lands but unless you are 3 per, youl find em anyways lad.

bought the game right now, have never played it.

How does look for a Psi build? Can I drop one of the other schools as well while using the new one?

It looks like it can't crit so I went for Tranquility

Attached: psi.jpg (2485x1328, 561K)

cladrops and regular beartraps don't require any point in traps and are really useful, you can also lure them with sound, they will hear and go check for explosions, they will also always go straight towards you when they see you

they will also always avoid fire if there is a path to you that doesn't have any

How are you finding them with perception? I had 7 points in per, took the food buff which gave 15% to detection and I still can't see shit.

I think I may have tried bear traps before, but as I didn't take the feat that lets you arm them in combat I couldn't do too much with it.

>get shotgun
>burst can't be used
Do I need a different type of shotgun or attachment?

drop persuasion and mercantile, mercantile is useless and persuasion isn't really necessary (it can get you better endings in certain quests but it really isn't necessary, atleast for the main game i don't know about the expansion)

if you are going psi for the first time its better to get all the psi schools, but if you have to drop one, then drop metathermics, thought control is godly and psychokinesis is your only offence against robots (besides emp grenades)

i haven't started the DLC yet but iirc combat shotguns are the ones that can be bursted and they're a different button in the quick invoker than regular (ar/smg) burst

it seems like the new school has a spell that handles robots. I guess I'll flip the metathermics and TC and rework some of those talents

Literally nobody is selling scopes. Can't make my school shooter rifle now.

Attached: 1549290122894.png (309x351, 59K)

Where do you get that builder thing? Is that in-game? I haven't played in ages.

I tried to get into this when it came out, and now I really want to again.

I'm broke for a long time because no income, where can I find an updated DL?

underrail.com its on the top navigation

Underrail.infoDOTtm

drop snooping

i can't really think of an instance in the game where it'd be worth it unless you have something specific in mind.

>point shot doesn't work with shotguns
aw

God I need a link, this update looks amazing

Attached: anne-frank-hoofdpersonen-header.jpg__1280x1280_q85_crop_subsampling-2_upscale.jpg (1280x1280, 201K)

Dex SMG + Temp Manip y/n? Any ideas?

Simple, motion goggles, they can increase your detection by about 100% at very high qualities, generaly roundaround 50-80% from looted ones.

Dont need quick tink, just lay a few near you, go into combat, go slightly deep into the level so they see you, get behind bear trap, await trapped bug.
Do you have 7 str user?

combined with high AGI for blitz it'd probably be really good

rejiggered things, have 74 loose points to toss wherever

Attached: psi.jpg (2474x1332, 621K)

why is wiki link not working

Machete or Spear?

i've never played a heavy armor build but i assume your worst enemy would be PSI users, specifically thought control PSI users because your armor does absolutely nothing against them

Thanks for tip, the googles completely slipped my mind since I always had psi headband on. I'll try to find a good pair and keep it for the maps where the crawlers are a problem.

I've already beaten the black crawler boss though so hopefully should be the end of the creepy crawlies. Man that was a good fight.

drunk slavs or something?
underrail.com/wiki/ works

thanks

Anytime user. Just remember, preemptively taking a bullhead is real good and never, ever underestimate how fucking dumb the enemies of this game can be. You lay a trap in front of a brawler, you lay a trap in front of a crawler, you bet your ass that guy or bug is gonna run to it quicker than Jon the Beautiful at an all you can eat buffet.

Where would one even find a walkthrough at? Surprisingly nothing at the usual spots

>an actual decent Underrail thead on Yea Forums
It's been years.

Attached: 1479755564524.png (499x499, 78K)

How does I into Psionics build? What skills do you need in this game?

Attached: 1543083272533.jpg (1770x888, 948K)

You dont. The answer is that you dont. Play the game, learn it, love it, adapat and overcome and youl become the guy who could write a guide but realizes he shouldnt, as to not taint the experience of the Rail.

Dont be a jack, bre. You can be the most DOMINATING ratter to ever crawl out of the pipeworks and be a damn bloodthirsty maniac. Own the inexperience. Learn. Adapt. Dominate.
Its some good shit user. A shame we are now gonna die but alas.

Attached: 10989184.879999958_Le Underrail Bear.png (853x543, 19K)

>Contraction + Blitz + Adrenaline Shot = 105 AP
>sprint mp return
>Hit and Run mp generation
>can zip around and do 10 bursts a turn w/ spec ops

sounds pretty fun desu

it might be good to empower one last spell before you run out of psi and you need to use a booster, specially if you go psychosis and use the crit on demand

well since none of you fags want to help me pirate the DLC

I'm playing the main older version. What is a fun first build? I'm leaning towards brute force jackass