>2019
>decade is almost over
>still no good Evangelion vidya

Attached: 1563590140389.jpg (300x168, 16K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/afBf9n355BE
youtube.com/watch?v=CnUOowCUJQo
youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk
youtube.com/watch?v=iXfpq7q67IA
youtube.com/watch?v=9rq2_CSO65Y
youtu.be/dSuYWdn61_o
youtu.be/VtSJR2faPFg
youtube.com/watch?v=qPZymccwZm4
youtu.be/C0zKIYowFhM
youtu.be/SK2MO_b1dXY
youtu.be/VJ0doO3VFjc
youtube.com/watch?v=P6uJqtgBOZ4
youtube.com/watch?v=JYKlMdvZ6K8
youtube.com/watch?v=XYUKJBZuUig&list=PLsqcsRpIW9_wq0yqBvLM2AI660AbJ_5fl&index=24
youtu.be/px7FFMOTtyM
youtube.com/watch?v=J5-SJZV62NQ
files.catbox.moe/qan8qp.webm
youtube.com/watch?v=t5t4Hjd2KJk
youtube.com/watch?v=9y7KrcfuxAw
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Imagine how fucking bad an Evangelion game would be

Just play Nier Automata lmao

Maybe play Panzer Dragoon Saga too.

All the millennials have finished high school by now, there's no point in pretending Evengelion was ever good anymore.

Play the n64 game

MGS2

>whiny player character
>every NPC hates you
>every level with actual gameplay is 5 minutes long
>no game overs, daddy puts the game on autopilot when you’re losing
>mandatory ddr minigames
>final boss is a psychology test
>real ending is dlc

Just play MGS2 instead.

Why does rei have blue hair?

Play the ps2 game

>Evangelion
>Good

imperfect clone

Go rewatch Eva, pleb. You obviously didn't understand some key concepts from it

Persona 3 is the evangelion of videogames

I don't see how you could adapt Evangelion to a videogame that isn't VN garbage.

What is she playing, Yea Forums?

Attached: there she is.png (305x670, 161K)

Probably some gene error/mistake during cloning

SRW doesn't count? They fixed Shinji and made him attack Gendo with a building size katana.

They can create EVAs but not a perfect clone of yui?

But EVA are imperfect clones too, it's not some linear science user.

The real crime is no good muv luv horde mode game.

I just saw this anime for the first time last week (including the end movie) and I just want to ask...
what the fuck is Evangelion

There hasn't been a good evangelion anime either

2deep4u

a manmade clone of a god found in the antartica.

Why tho?
The things that made NGE good was the character study shit and amazing animation, worldbuilding and technical skill of the entire crew.

NGE game of muh robbuttss punchenening echother LMAO XD would be pointless.

And there won't be one either. Ignoring that Eva is old and basically dead IP: adapting franchises like this is absolute fucking nightmare and never worth the trouble. At least not worth doing WELL.

Eva itself does not lend itself to gameplay format very well. At least not in the way most people think it would. A good EVA game would require taking very risky approach, and doing something very different than most people would expect, which would obviously just make people angry. Not to mention the fanbase is absolutely rabid and insane, and the royalties are through the roof.

All of that pretty much kills the posibility of us seeing an actually good Eva adaptation.

MGS

I remember playing a cool one in that large shopping center with the ferris wheel in downtown Kyoto. Evangelion is made for VR since the controls are basically what we have now.

Dramatic retelling of the bible for the audience of the fourth millennium of recorded human history.

mgs2 is to NGE what fifty shades of grey is to citizen kane.

I mean the whole Evangelion, not the actual mechas that weren't even mechas because they were monster clones

Attached: 1561777655654.jpg (2365x3477, 591K)

fuck off back to

Evangelion is a mess. It's not meant to be adapted in any enjoyable way

imagine being this brainlet

There's been good Evangelion games.
But there's been non-Evangelion games that do Evangelion better than Evangelion like Xenogears/Xenosaga and Drakengard/Nier.

I want to play as Shinji and have an epic minigame where you have to masturbate to Asuka when she's in a comma.

Attached: zpj5pyymqlxz.jpg (844x551, 61K)

Go back to episode 1 and try again, you didn't get it

oh yeah and after the psychology test the game has a single forced online section where you meet with other players because dude we live in a society
or gives you a ripoff mario paint if your console isn't connected to wifi lmao

Then why don't they have blue hair too? Checkmate

Seething redditer.

Shes albino. Thats why here eyes are red too

How the fuck were SEELE, Gendo, and Yui's motivations any different? They all wanted instrumentality but are fighting each other for it

that's so fucked up

>this thread
Yea Forums is literally more retarded than bunch of weebs.
No wonder seeing as this board jerks off to MGS thinking it has good writing.

seething weebfag

Should I watch this anime? I've only seen death note, cowboy Bebop and some episodes or naruto

A garbage mindfuck attempt at telling otakus to get out and enjoy their lives instead of wanking on anime crap. It failed, so Ideaki Anno milked it for all its worth.

Sorry user, the only way to have fun on this site is to post wild, unsubstantiated claims as facts to people who don't know better.

Gendo wanted instrumentality just so he could meet his wife.
YUI just wanted to be the proof that humanity existed.
SEELE wanted to evolve humans.
Basically they all wanted pizza but different toppings and yui skipped out early to go get kebab on way home.

Not really. Each had a completely different aim. Gendo simply wanted to be reunited with Yui, he could not give a single fuck about the rest of the world, Seele wanted actual instrumentality, to literally free the world of suffering, and Yui was against instrumentality to begin with.

Yes, but don't watch it on fucking Netflix, some scenes are ruined.

Uhh i don't read moonrunes

EVA is god tier kino. It's very hard to watch tho.

>Gunbuster
Now that's more like it!

Good. Not everything needs to be turned into a video game

Attached: based.jpg (932x450, 163K)

You might want to ease yourself into it's "level" rather than jumping straight into the deep end of the pool.

It's pretty good imo aside from the ending

Better, strangle her.

Attached: 7544068d90849bc2f50844b9dc443a72.gif (500x215, 864K)

It's definitely interesting and has some great ideas and scenes, but it really is aimed at a fairly specific audiences. Unless you are an insecure teenager, the odds are it won't leave the desired impression. Also, it's the kind of show where you really have to have a bit of an open mind: it is without doubt a very flawed piece and unless you are curious and willing to forgive some things, it's probably not going to be worth it.

That's why people hate Eva elitists. I love the anime but it's not that hard to understand if you pay attention. The only thing you need is empathy.

It's pretty fucking crazy, I recomend you to watch some other less fucked animes like "Madoka Magica" before going for EVA.

And the rest of it is fixed.

The Netflix dub is objectively better than the ADV dub.
youtu.be/afBf9n355BE

>t. clearly didn't understand it

do you enjoy kino movies, are you able to connect the dots and understand subtelties and do some analysis then yes. If you just wanna see lmao bib robbobs bunching eachother then nah.

>watching anime with dub.

how can the game be good if the source is bad

Evas also aren't perfect clones though, for instance they have different amount of eyes.

There's a lot of subtelties and shit. Sure you can grasp the basics but you really gotta be used to watching kino.

And instrumentality is pretty much a fever dream. It is physically uncomfortable to watch and it's a lot of visual storytelling and symbolism

Yeah, I'm not a weaboo

Yes, yes, well done, Neon Genesis Evangelion. Well done, Evangelion. HOWEVER

Attached: 1541e624876d9114b2ba961ae5008912.jpg (712x1008, 994K)

Well yeah, but you can't expect anyone to graps all the subtelties and meaning for the first time.

That's why Eva is worth rewatching.

Zzzzoooooommmmm

>watches anime
>not a weaboo
?????

I don't see how Kino's Journey factors into it.

Attached: ea5705cc47409fd3a49d495ab2cde531.jpg (600x832, 257K)

>outing yourself as underage
Mods

It really did fail. His mistake was thinking that presenting things in a "realistic" light doesn't just make people like them even more. It's actually hilarious how badly he failed; it's going to be a launching pad for people to get into anime for centuries. Fuck this even made me into a degenerate waifufag.
Don't listen to other anons, not about watching it, you really should, but it's not hard to get into at all and even if you're a retarded child it's still fun. Make sure to watch End of Evangelion afterwards, it's a lot more satisfying than the TV show's ending.

Attached: 1559073897257.jpg (460x338, 19K)

Keep pic related in mind as you watch the show. It's about how despite this, it's worth it to keep connecting with others.

Attached: _.jpg (1200x800, 162K)

> I'll watch this well known extremely Japanese classic that consolidates the essence of Japanese animes and transformed them, that in every other circle of media is considered weeb shit
> but oh no I'll watch it with D-list lazy mutt voice actors that are completely tone deaf because I'm not a weeaboo Japanese voices scare me.

Imagine being this dumb.

>Thinks this works like reddit

Yeah it's one of those with replay value. Feels good watching it second time around and getting it.

A cool show trying really hard to be more than all the other previous shit and at the time current shows

and succeeding :)

Cope, weeb

>watching a version of anime with extremely half assed voice acting that changes scenes and characters completely in some cases and poorly added or removed sound effects completely deflating tension and drama

>trying really hard to be more than all the other previous shit and at the time current shows
>and succeeding
Bait

Attached: key_the_metal_idol.jpg (300x411, 70K)

Dilate, American.

You are thinking of the ADV dub, not the Netflix one

The ending is fitting

I get it, you are more of a onions kid

Cope, weeb

Fuck I wish Kiznaiver didn't suck in the end, is Darling in the Franxx any good?

Attached: 1561665051263.jpg (800x784, 120K)

I'm a dumb fanboy and to me NGE is perfect in every way, I want to hear in a civil manner why that isn't the case.

Please try to keep it objective, don't come saying shit like "muh pussy mc" "it's pretentious" "shitty ending", I want a real analysis if possible.

guarantee you didn't start using the word cope until a year or two ago
>the absolute state of this site

I agree wholeheartedly with this post

That's the lowest

>2019
>still no good Utena game
youtube.com/watch?v=CnUOowCUJQo

Attached: Revolutionary Chad Utena.jpg (1302x840, 326K)

I have been saying it since before you were born, kid

It's a design choice to make her look alien compared to the rest. In-universe it's probably because she's the vessel to Lilith's soul and shit, just like Kaworu with Adam

it's villain of the week 90s mecha bullshit without much depth and the A plot is a shallow, cliche high school drama with a caveat
the eva you like is at the last 6 episodes of the series, the rest is pretty mediocrely paced bullshit and you know it

I thought Evangelion was confusing but I still can't understand Utena no matter how hard I try.

>5 seasons
>all we got is a lameSRW clone filled with shitty Harem LNs and a mobage

Attached: [HorribleSubs] Symphogear XV - 02 [720p].mkv_snapshot_17.53_[2019.07.19_23.00.05].jpg (1280x720, 323K)

There's barely been any good anime/manga video games either. I'm sick of musou and shitty arena fighters.

Attached: 1558719416051.jpg (850x850, 68K)

why was she against instrumentality getting rid of suffering sounds like a good thing

where can I read in depth discussions about eva??

I like the start the best.

All they need is EDF with the evangelion license. Just create waves of boring spam enemeis with the angels of the story being boss waves. Then add in some stat stuff of upgrading your eva, improving your pilot, adding spawnpoints for weapons, and more umbilical cord points and boom

It would also rid the world of happiness

Yea Forums once every couple weeks

imagine bein dum

Yea Forums almost a decade ago.

because without bad shit good shit isn't worth it

An Evangelion game
But actually
Is a dating sim.

Attached: zpj5pyymqlxz.jpg (312x266, 31K)

Fuck that. Just make your own original universe then.

Which one is into pegging? That's all that matters.

Eva 2 for the PS2 isn't that bad from a gameplay perspective

I JUST WANT TO BE SHINJI AND FUCK ASUKA. IVE BEEN WAITING 22 YEARS FOR THIS

>I JUST WANT TO BE SHINJI
Must be a real pathetic existence you have.

If Rei was Lilith why did she let Shinji chose humanities fate?

I thought it was pretentious but the mindfuckery really stuck with me

Because he's Adam.

and seele wanted that? How does that make humanity better?

Cause shinji was in eva01 and yui was in eva01
>wanting to be avarage Yea Forums incel manchild
lmao

Humanity was about to get wiped out via the angel attacks and infighting. Unifying humanity into one big creature that's essentially just oceans would've been a better way to survive.

Productivity skyrockets.

It would've been pretentious if it didn't keep to one core message and exploring and showing it visually.
There's really nothing pretentious about eva.

That doesnt sound right

So what does that mean? Rei never even saw Yui before she went into the eva.

Christian symbolism: the show

>people think Eva is anything other than character piece
>people think it has or attempts to have some kind of deep symbolism
How do you miss the point so bad?

>youtube.com/watch?v=b7T1SVnXYsk
well there's the srw games if you're into that

Attached: supereva64.jpg (800x1095, 311K)

Before rei triggered instrumentality she literally became a god.

I thought they only wanted Instrumentality for themselves?

Japs try to do Christian Symbolism and fails for the [n]th time: the show

Finale is literally "homosexuality will end mankind".

because it's fun!

>brainlets are unable to comprehend that the symbolism is used for aesthetic purposes

When Gendo stuck his hand in her titty right?

Did they use Mario 64's soundfont?

Christian symbolism was literally just a set dressing and irrelevant to the entire story other than instrumentality kinda being like the second coming of christ or some shit idk and the rwligious names for mcuffins to get the point across without having to explain a lotta shit.

>You play as Shinji, and the whole game happens inside his mind
>You have a small flying friendly Eva-01 that only you can see that follows you around and helps you.
>That is Shinji's mom spirit, trying to help his son get more confidence and get laid so she can finally be a grandma
>She doesn't approve if you go for Misato, she feels like going for Rei is totally wrong and awful but she doesn't really get why, and she thinks that Asuka may be too rude for you, but still will respect your choice
>After you get laid in dream world, you wake up and try it in real life, but there it awfully fails and it makes you look like a loser
>Because Shinji is a fucking loser

Imagine liking this shit boring anime lol

good, overrated cartoon.

dunno if it's the same man but I find it hilarious to hear the soundtrack from Eva in a soundfont similiar or the same as super mario 64.
youtube.com/watch?v=iXfpq7q67IA

Ye and she merged with adam. The entire story is that angels and humans are both different races meant to colonize different planets but earth and mood got the egg of angels and the seed of humans an both eggs had their own weapons (like spear of longius) to trigger anhalliation but shit went wrong and angles went dormant and humans took over until adam was unearthed in antartica and gendo put his peepee in it and triggered 2nd impact.

Dont quote me on it, im hazy on details.

She liked him. Kaworu was the same, he had a purpose and was trying to accomplish it, but still wanted Shinji to stop him, and so he let Shinji kill him

No reason at all lol.

Attached: 1562545127383.gif (450x334, 2.36M)

I'd like a Eva game where instead of playing as an eva pilot you play as the operations team giving support and relaying information to pilots during fight. After the fight you do angel/eva research and looks for potential angel threats.

Who cares
RahXephon is better anyway

of the low.

How would it work? To make a fun game they'd have to heavily lean on the fights, but that isn't what makes Evangelion a beloved show.

moot was an asukafag, but does hiromoot like rei or asuka better?

>why was she against instrumentality getting rid of suffering sounds like a good thing
Because instrumentality is the series metaphor for suicide, which is at the heart of Eva's narrative, just like it tends to be at the heart of most japanese adolescent-oriented fiction.

Instrumentality is rejection of pain, but at the same time rejection of joy as well. You run away from the reality of the world, rather than be willing to face it.
The concept of Instrumentality in Eva reflects (most likely unintentionally) the Buddhist notion of enligtement, in it's particularly old and grim form. It's actually quite funny how everyone gets caught up in the superficial Christianity themes, but very few people actually pick up on the actually far deeper ingrained Buddhist sensibilities. The problem with the notion of enlightement - Nirvana - in Buddhism is that it's renouncement of identity, and rejection of karma: it's basically a "proper" death. In Buddhism this is still seen as favorable, because theoretical buddhism is very pessimistic and mostly based around constant fear of suffering ("Existence is suffering" is literally the very first of the four noble truths outline in what we assume is the oldest Buddhist reliable text, Dhammacakkappavattana). This notion found particularly strong response in the very pragmatically oriented Japan, and is very deeply ingrained in their culture. It also explains the rather unusually high japanese suicide rates: if you are deeply indoctrinated with the notion that existence is, indeed, suffering, there is no actual shame in ending it.

The end of evangelion is basically a polemic with this notion, where several different perspectives presented. Seele basicaly takes a very Hindu-like approach, where they simply assume that all suffering comes from isolation and miscommunication, and that unification of all beings will bring forth a divine state of content (much like Moksha).

Why the fuck would they spend time and money on making a good game when they're fully aware the Eva fanbase is retarded and will eat up whatever they shit out? Fuck just look at all the people demanding 3.0+1.0 or whatever dumbass name it is now if you need proof/.

Yui rejects this notion, taking more of a buddhist approach in which se effectively compares the state to death. However, it is ultimately Shinji who has to make the final decision, and judge whenever escape into effectively void existence is preferable to soldiering on and facing the hardships of life, when there is, at least to some degree, a hope for some joy along the way. Which is, arguably, the decision he makes, apparently much to his mother's satisfaction.

Was the forehead Vagina with the eyeball really necessary? And how was this ever allowed to be shown in the West with all the nudity and underage people?
Or IS it finde because Its Art?
Hell rebuild 1.11 Had rei titty super early on

Attached: 1563625960865m.jpg (679x1024, 79K)

Franxx is garbage

Mecha fights aren't really what made Evangelion what it is, so any game base don that instantly fails at being Evangelion. That being said, mecha fights are the more videogamey part of Evangelion and the one that would produce fun gameplay.
So basically, the concept itself just doesn't work for the media.

The N64 Evangelion is a pretty interesting experience. It's essentially QTE game, but at the same time the buttons are almost never shown to you directly and failing to press them just results in the game playing like a very bad fighting game instead of a game over.

Not really.
This guy is on the right track, actually. Eva game would work absolutely best if you were playing the role of Gendo. That is to say, if it was a strategy/management game, where player has no direct involvement in combat, but instead is forced to go through the difficult choices and manipulation that Gendo has to face.
Think of X-com geoscape game with more depth to the strategy elements, and less involved combat, where the player may make decisions about deployment, equipment, give orders, but does not directly control the mechs themselves, and where his management of the company and his human resources actually dictates the outcome.

That is how you'd make a GOOD Eva game.
The problem is: nobody would play it because people are idiots and can't think past the BADASS combat scenes.

Franxx is the worst story ever written by a human.

3nd (Sound) Impact
Unironically

Mecha fights very much are what made Evangelion, nobody would ever give a shit about it without mecha fights.

Thanks for writing out your take, its interesting stuff

I don't know, some Eva games are neat. I would really like to play through the PSP game properly but I'm not nearly there with my Japanese yet.

Attached: IMG_1985.jpg (3264x2448, 1.57M)

That is very wrong. What is up with people just needing to shout out shit they clearly don't know anything about?

A bunch of ayys made big ayys to seed words with life. Two seeds land on the same planet and the second one's failsafe is destroyed so the one who landed first gets cucked out of doing its job.
Humans find the cucked one and accidentally remove the fail safe. Cucked one reverts into a fetus after it explodes and shits out as bunch of super life forms to fight for it.
An organization created by a bunch of psychopathic jews want to merge all life into one consciousness by activating one of the big ayys into reseting life back to primordial ooz then freezing it during that process with a bunch of artificial clones of the ayys.
Big super-life forms start attacking people so they put kids into armored ayy clones to fight them.

>Gunbuster
I went in expected a lot of hotblooded fighting, what I actually got was a drama about FTL travel.

You're mixing up two very different concepts.
Mecha fights made Evangelion popular, but they don't make Evangelion what it is.

Racism is why people use Yea Forums there is nothing else to that place

I don't see why you cant have both combat scenes and xcom stragety gameplay.

Did you ever watch Evangelion? the only actual real fight was in the movie, the rest only lasted for one or two attacks.
Even the preparations for the fights were longer than the actual fights.

It's a show about growing up and facing pain in the face of despair, and finding hope that it will be better one day and that your heart will reach others.

The big robo show and the fancy Christian symbolism and orange juice effects is set dressing, and a very well made, if albeit accidentally, one. The last episode makes this crystal clear but people still wanted a practical end to said set dressing as well (fair enough, as that is what we have been presented with for the entirety of the series and were denied not on the grounds of artistic favor but of budget reasons) and that is End of Evangelion.

Eva is masterpiece because it, in the most literal sense, has soul. It's multilayered and it tells a story that has many things to take away from. You can take it as a cool robot show with a wierd twist, you can take it as a character piece on broken people trying to figure themselves out, and you can take it as a larger commentary about the painful existence of the human condition, and all are true. There's much to be figured and analyzed, and ultimately it's as good to you as what you make of it.

So if you didn't understand it yet, or didn't connect, then that is the thesis to what SEELE was trying to achieve and why Instrumentality would help us.

And if you eventually looked deeper inside and connected with an idea foreign to you so you could grow to understand others, and chose the path to self realize yourself within that kind of idea,

Congratulations.

At least it doesn't stuff things into your face like: "Rely on God, he's almighty and sent his son to earth and let him suffer so that humans who die might be offered eternal life and salvation but only if they believe in his existence." It's trying to give the audience a message that's true to everyone, regardless of his or her religious beliefs. It just makes use of a lot of religious symbols because they look cool.

Because that would defeat the whole fucking point of the exercise?

>implying

Attached: IMG_20180325_093504.jpg (1947x1099, 467K)

Woah

>It's a show about growing up and facing pain in the face of despair, and finding hope that it will be better one day and that your heart will reach others.
So exactly like every other shonen in existence?

Nice TV

Attached: Untitled-1.jpg (1256x1080, 722K)

A story about two pets created by ayylmaos crashing on earth and fighting for supremacy. The first one who landed got btfo and thousands of years later was still salty about it so it started another war, this time against humans. Humans got ahold of some weird scrolls that forshadowed these events, so they prepared theirselves for the upcoming battles, and initialized a project to become one single entity and end all of mankind's suffering while they were at it.

How would it do that?

You really never thought about this, have you?
Firstly, the whole fucking PROBLEM is how to fucking translate Eva's action scenes into gameplay. The whole idea of switching the game towards a strategy is to fucking AVOID the combat, because Eva's narrative and presentation just do not land themselves into a good core gameplay loop. Partially because Eva is intentionally not about gratification. It's not fucking Gurren Lagan. There is like only 15 enemies in the whole fucking story, that attack one at the time, and most of them have a completely unique setup. Most of them were NOT defeated by the combat prowes of the Eva pilots in the first place. In MAJORITY of the cases, the battle was won by either a strategic decision of Gendo or Misato, or by the children reaching particular mental state - often, as it is later on revealed, based on schemes and manipulation of the adults.

How the FUCK do you translate that into a hands-on combat? And why the fuck would you do that if you have a core premise based around actually fucking playing Gendo. You know, the guy who does NOT fight?

Have you watched GenoCyber?

Yes, and In still can't figure out if the doc gave his "daughter" a cybernetic vagina just to molest it or if he was pulling some nerve-cords to torture her.

Shinji is a shonen by definition, are you dissapointed the story about Eva doesn't tell of some gruesome pains of war?

Also, that is the kind of dumbing down of the presentation and thematics that give off the smell of bait.

Rei is such an angel, I can't take it.

Attached: 1563496900277.png (600x600, 238K)

Asuka is better

Where did I say it had playable or be a gameplay mechanic? It could be a cutscene or on in game cinematic at the end of a fight. Eva's are pretty brutal and cruel creatures whenever they lose control that can be shown in game, you don't have to have the player control. There's reason why both can't work together.

Actually, she's a goddess.

Non americans aren't scared of their own genitals

>Rei is such an angel
That's debatable

Attached: 1382307074093.jpg (2032x2709, 639K)

Gendo was autistic and modified her to fit his needs

Looking back the 00's were great and the 10's sucked ass, Here's hoping the 20's is good.

the Eva is made from Adam the first human and it's the only thing that can defeat angels

Only the first half of 00 was any good

I'd argue the opposite, The recession kicked in during 07-08 Then social media came along.

Fuck i'm retarded, My bad

Yes you are that's why you never wash them

All I want is an x-com style game. Base/research phase and battle phase. How good would it be bros?

Flawless deduction

Were the train scenes just shinji's thoughts?

>tfw it's true
Threads don't usually devolve into mah waifu

Attached: Stop watching anime.webm (774x420, 2.9M)

Can't argue that, she literally is an angel.

Based Shinji

Shut the fuck up and get in the fucking robot.

>dude what if Evangelion was actually about scifi and religion
And it somehow turned out to be pure kino

Because she was the real waifu all along.

She liked Shinji.

Shinji a good boy

It's the Gravity's Rainbow of Anime

VNs are not games

Shinji is a little bitch who needs to shut the fuck up. Boo hoo daddy doesn't like me no one likes me I'm a bad person. Suck a dick. He was literally autistic. Not even the most pathetic losers in the history of humanity have ever been that insecure.

I want an Eva game that works like a mix of a Xcom game, and a dating sim where you essentially take on the role of Gendo, and manage the geofront, developing new technology, construct new Eva's, study forbidden angel secrets etc. With the addition of course of managing the fucked up, unstable teens and their relationships while also directing the turn based fights against the angels as they try to destroy your base.
Every fight would have potential of being game ending if the Angels manage to breach the Geofront and make contact with Adam.

Would be kino as fuck.

Attached: gendo.jpg (399x276, 17K)

This
Just play warframe it's pretty much the same concept

I dunno user, here you are sounding like a little bitch over a cartoon.

It's kinda like a bible or Quran that you read accidentally

Anno wanted to make her look like a freak but it just made peepees hard instead

theres also no good evangelion movies either

Bring weed and a notepad

muh self actualization

I remember there was a pretty decent Eva MUGEN game like 15 years ago

EoE is the greatest movie ever made

>Adam
You mean Lilith.
Otherwise great pitch.

Jap voices have more emotion and less cringe.
Also you're only a weeb if u want to be Japanese

To be fair I was a lot less depressed before I was born. So I think that's what they're getting at

I look forward to death but I'm not going to expedite the process. Might as well try to enjoy life before infinitely ceasing to exist again.

This was honestly much better than Eva, because all the symbolism and allusions actually had meaning and weight to the world and plot rather than just cool foreign window dressing

Attached: 1543576650064.jpg (640x480, 59K)

Did you retards watch the show? Her hair is blue to make her look like the Angel's on Yui's wedding invite

Attached: 1557017188922.png (640x480, 510K)

It's nice until 75% of the way through when it totally shits on everything it had built up

It's like a different writing team barged into the studio, shot the old writers, and took over the show

STALKER

holy shit I missed that

>shinji is VOICED BY A FUCKING TRANNY NOW

English or original?

Just like the anime then

Animal Crossing.

She is not playing anything, she is actually watching hardcore porn.

>Where did I say it had playable or be a gameplay mechanic
I very clerly stated that combat WOULD be part of the game, but in a very indirect fashion. Actually it is a major set of proposed gameplay mechanics that closely tie to the strategy and management elements. It's just that you do not directly control the Eva's: you deploy, chose strategies, loadout, you should be probably able to do things like remotely shut Eva down to prevent harm to it's pilot, even eject the plug, with sufficient technologies and production even turn off the dummy plug-in. In addition, you could be able to even do such thing as call in air strikes on N2 bombs.
But your control should be indirect and to a degree, unreliable. Actual behavior of the pilots should be above all governed by their state of mind, something you can influence within the management elements of the game. An over-confident pilot may refuse to listen to stand-by or engage-at-range order and rush in. A crushed pilot may refuse to engage no matter your orders.
Manipulating your Children, like keeping them on edge of sanity to intentionally trigger berserks during fight because you know they are unable to win on their own should be the kind of core mechanic the game should revolve around.

why, my peenus weanus of course :)

hahah! :D

it's my weeeeeenus peanus! :) hahah

What is she playing, Yea Forums? - my answer is, of course, my peanus weenus :D

hahaha!

An attempt to get weebs out of their basements and get them to make active choices instead of collapsing into self-pity and indolence..

English

>to masturbate to Asuka when she's in a comma.

Now, that's a true unholy motherfucker.

Attached: Comma-face.png (215x161, 5K)

I don't think I ever got around to playing Xenogears.
>can recommend a good emulator?

>good
>Evangelion

wut even r u expect?

Wasnt there a rythm NGE game for the psp? I kinda liked it

Yui is unironically the worst person in the world, she knew the first contact experiment would fail and she would become trapped and immortal inside the EVA. She made sure both Shinji and Gendo where there to witness it. She's the whole reason they're both so broken and sets of the chain of events for the whole show to even happen. Not to mention she is a daughter of a "prominent" SEELE member

Attached: Yui_Ikari.png (580x600, 332K)

But she's cute.

You're absolutely right but I can't remember the name of the game

>If Rei was Lilith why did she let Shinji chose humanities fate?

It is seriously as simple as he was nice to her.

Nobody knew if the experiment wasn't going to be success or not, but she volunteer anyways because her goal was for mankind to live for eternity.

How many versions of Rei were there, 3? Why was that first one such a cunt to the computer mom?

be quiet Shinji

How did Asuka even know that Shinji ejaculated on top of her

He jerked off on asuka and tried to kill her twice. Why did he keep doing terrible things if he just wanted people to like him?

They got all mixed inside the big Rei, they all were part of one, so she was able to see it.

either she was pretending to be asleep or she found out in the tang

>Her hair is blue to make her look like the Angel's on Yui's wedding invite

Fuck. Wow.

Attached: 1527792081111.jpg (250x249, 8K)

>there was a flash dating NGE game
>I think it was on NEWGROUNDS
>don't remember fully

>i relate to shinji
>i run away from all of my fears
>i try to please my father, but at the same time i hate him and i just want validation
>i just dont want to be hated
>i apologize all the time
>im selfish
it kinda hurts but it also feels kinda good to know that someone else, fictional or not can go through the same emotions and feelings as you. its my first time watching this show, and i dont want to continue but i want to as well, it hurts not continuing because i enjoy it, but i dont want to get really sad after watching it, should i continue Yea Forumsros?

Attached: sadcat.jpg (1000x750, 103K)

netflix redub :^)

>Why did he keep doing terrible things if he just wanted people to like him?

Because he's a flawed, fucked up individual who loathes himself. That's entirely the point.

Attached: 1QXXLU7OYVK5UM75K.png (375x523, 324K)

>it hurts not continuing because i enjoy it, but i dont want to get really sad after watching it, should i continue Yea Forumsros?

Keep watching. Watch episodes 25 and 26, then watch End of Evangelion.

Attached: 1206593247844.jpg (726x384, 40K)

wonder what LCL taste like

You absolutely should. It's the whole point of the show to reach people like you us, I kinda grew a better person thanks to eva but whatever

I disagree with , I think you should watch End of Evangelion until an hour and 17 minutes in, then stop the movie, watch episodes 25 and 26, and then finish the movie.

It's called tang for a reason.

A game that explains why the fuck was Shinji gay for one episode.

3.0+1.0 is gonna be kino

The last 2 episodes of Neo Genesis is what Shinji is going through in Human Instrumentality of the last scenes on End of Evangelion.

3nd Impact

3nd is pronounced san-nd (sound) so it's """"funny""""

That works, actually. But then he wouldn't see the change in the director's mind when he made EoE.

thank you both but im confused with , should i just finish the show and watch EoE?

>why the fuck was Shinji gay for one episode
The show's about Shinji being 14 and discovering himself through other people. He was going through puberty and experimenting new shit. Also nobody ever told him they loved him, Kaworu was the first one to tell him that.
It's up to interpretation on this poing, but you can whether believe that he thought he was in love with Kaworu because of how love-starved he was, or that he was always bi.

>projecting your self hatred on a cartoon
Oh nononononoooo

I mean, we had been inside his mind, we saw what kind of sexual fantasies he had, and there was never a gay sexual fantasy.

For anyone that wants to see the whole anime but can't lose their time, here's a 30 seconds resume:
youtube.com/watch?v=9rq2_CSO65Y

That's my outlook aswell.

>projecting self hatred on a cartoon entirely about self hatred

Shinji's 'love' for Kaworu is fundamentally toxic and demonstrative of his dependency on being highyl valued. Kaworu represents the perfect, idealised individual that gives Shinji everything he's ever wanted. That's why he becomes so enamoured (if it's love) with him. It's another person he can leech of. I think Kaworu was intended to be a deliberately idealised figure that, because he ends up being an angel, demonstrates that nothing that looks perfect is ever that. Shinji's sense of betrayal that pushes him over the edge when he murders Kaworu and his mental breakdown in EoE over it is all reflective of his terrible all-devouring need for love.

>blaming Yui
>for anything

Attached: 800px-Op_C013_gendo[1].jpg (800x600, 121K)

It's okay to watch eva for the robots, don't listen to elitist cunts

there's NGE2. It's in Japanese but you can get by using a guide

I love Misato!

Attached: 1557694540505.jpg (752x1063, 86K)

My favorite parts of EOE are shinjis mental breakdowns
youtu.be/dSuYWdn61_o
youtu.be/VtSJR2faPFg

Attached: 1553478400067.jpg (500x500, 58K)

both, and the control mechanics are identical

Evas are imperfect clones. It's why they go beserk

cursed image

>not Asuka's breakdown in the extended cut of ep22

Attached: shenanigans.jpg (566x780, 47K)

youtube.com/watch?v=qPZymccwZm4

Holy fuck that's the last thing I expected to see.

I have a fuzzy recollection of the song from End of Evangelion playing on Yea Forums at some point years back. Am I crazy?

Attached: 1518770983627.png (405x638, 387K)

Serious question
Joseph or Asuka?

Attached: a7d2641a86771d7a0e9c964de10e06af.png (540x397, 312K)

Yeah I'm pretty sure they played Komm Susser Tod on the whole site at one point but I don't remember why

I remember a SRW where all the hot blooded protagonists help stop the end of evangelion armageddon, that one was really good

Man who knew that an artist mistake would end up making one of the top waifus of all time.

Komm susser tod is normie as fuck so it wouldn't surprise me

Everything you've ever dreamed is where it's ar

youtu.be/C0zKIYowFhM

Literally me

You need a good show to have a good game though.

>>still no good Evangelion anime
ftfy

Neon Genesis Evangelion: Take a Seat (Right) Over There

Attached: rei.png (1228x692, 775K)

Does Rei count as a Milf?

Thats a good one too.
youtu.be/SK2MO_b1dXY
I liked the (old) english dub for that scene too.
youtu.be/VJ0doO3VFjc

Attached: asuka.jpg (1442x1614, 1.06M)

Rebuild literally only exists so Anno can make money off merchandise because Gainax owns the rights to the TV series and EoE.

What's the deal with the rebuilds? Are they re-caps or does it have some new elements that the show didn't have?

Gendo has a fetish for blue hair and red eyes.

Gainax owes him like a bazillion dollars and they almost go bankrupt because of it

You have just reminded me of this old gem.

youtube.com/watch?v=P6uJqtgBOZ4

Attached: 1552844476434.jpg (1286x997, 118K)

>Are they re-caps or does it have some new elements that the show didn't have?
Both.
It's a remake and a sequel to the events of EoE at the same time.
The beginning is pretty samey but the movies take a way different path at the end of the 2nd movie and take a different route from there. Also you kinda need to have watched the series to get everything from the 2nd movie onwards

could be worse user. You could be doomed to forever T pose through the universe

TUMBLING DOWN

Somebody said that EoE ended with everyone able to reject instrumentality but when I watched it I thought Shinji only did it for himself and Asuka as a teenage fantasy and was killing her when she rejected him despite being “the last man on earth”.

I thought it was a final fuck up for genji showing just how fragile and narrow a pubescent mind can be. If everyone is free to choose and people are gona start comming out of the LCL pool by the droves just offscreen it’s not as good for me. Are they right, am I right, or did beither party understand the ending at all?

It was when moot retired

If the original ending is any indication, it takes Shinji an entire year to escape, so maybe other people will slowly crawl out

Attached: congratulations.jpg (602x452, 109K)

aome user on Yea Forums told me that there is one Evangelion based dating game where shinji gets forced to eat asuka's shit and a lot of other nasty fetishes. Is this true?

Post the meme image
I know you have it

>there's no point in pretending Evengelion was ever good anymore.
Sure if you're a late millennial

>Somebody said that EoE ended with everyone able to reject instrumentality but when I watched it I thought Shinji only did it for himself and Asuka as a teenage fantasy

Well it turns out that Shinji had already been there a long time by the time you see him. He placed the graves there for all of the main characters that died, and some of them are rusted. Asuka chose to return of her own volition. Presumably (though not necessarily) others will choose to do so.

Buddhanon you are back

Attached: 1540162321663.png (886x665, 467K)

so wait, Shinji was going into his mom when he went into unit 1? eww

>Its a Neon Genesis Game
>In the style of Shadow of the Colossus of only fighting bosses
>but theres also slice of life gameplay and RPG mechanics that let you choose who you side with/work with or spend a lot of time with

Theres already an Eva game like this where depending on what you do in the early missions you could have Kawru or Toji working with you to fight the last bosses and you kill asuka or rei and stuff. IIRC you can even get misato replaced with Gendo or Kaji

Attached: 641684864.png (1920x1080, 632K)

Actually I don't cause I'm at the computer in my job
Someone ought to have it

Gemsluts was fucking shit

apparently the end of evangelion leads to an eternal circle of repeating the same events over and over again and Re is supposed to break that cycle.

I think it was when facebook bought Oculus

youtube.com/watch?v=JYKlMdvZ6K8
this is the true best song from EoE. trust me, i'm a professional.

Attached: 1546026818325.jpg (480x294, 16K)

>genji
Why does it not surprise me

DEEPEST

Hmm I could have sworn it was many years earlier than that, oh well. My memory is terrible.

youtube.com/watch?v=XYUKJBZuUig&list=PLsqcsRpIW9_wq0yqBvLM2AI660AbJ_5fl&index=24

Its a Reboot but instead of just redoing what was done theyre adding to the story after shinji blows up the world.

Its pretty much anyones head cannon how/why people come out of the LCL and back to life since most people seemd to survive

No, how dumb can you be?

>aome user on Yea Forums
stop.

enjoying starving to death on a dead rock you fucks

Attached: ending.png (1153x634, 323K)

How the fuck do i learn something new every single time i enter an Eva thread? fuck

Attached: 20180409_074217.jpg (4128x3096, 3.31M)

Very nice, but I raise you an unused masterpiece youtu.be/px7FFMOTtyM

>assuming that the entire globe is Dead Sea'd and not just the area around the Black Moon on Japan

>That pic
HOLY SHIT

Attached: 33f98dbd14fafce81b19a16f55e23ef4b72bdbeb_hq.jpg (537x527, 38K)

>tfw no extended version of the 3.0+1.0 trailer version of peaceful times

>that comic about their lives once they come outta instrumentality

they got all that life juice they're fine

i rarely whip out my phone for shots of people on the street, but that was too good to pass up

REMINDER THAT THE REBUILDS ARE JUST ONE BIG ALLEGORY FOR THE CYCLE OF SAMSARA

Attached: 1464459656726.jpg (1577x2216, 968K)

storytime?

Where is that niggy

>ramiel is best girl
Oh I see, this was made in r/Evangelion

I'm at EvaGeeks level, nice

>the deepest levels
>Mari, Mari, Mari
fucking gay as fuck

>he didn't play Super Robo Taisens

>rebuild shinji has a core
Wait what? Where do you get that from?

We already have Metal Gear Solid, it does about the same thing.

So she can a perfect rival.

Attached: A57FE3D0-D00E-4776-96D4-29604DCD3F2F.jpg (320x454, 31K)

>all the millennials have finished High school now
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 67D0A9C5-5BF6-4031-85A4-3DA600F6BD62.jpg (250x250, 15K)

THIS TIME IS LIKE NO OTHER FOR US IN LIVING MEMORY

>Shinji was born in 2001
Reminder that the evangelion protagonists weren't even Millenials, but Zoomers

Aren't millennials adults around the age of 30?

Millennial generation ended in 1999 Right ? Or is it 95 or 2000 ?

Early 2000s according to wikipedia at least

>food analogy on Yea Forums
Every fucking time

All millennials have finished college (or at least are of that age) by now

>*tips fedora with maga and pepe pins*
Sadilay!

I hate myself more than anything else in the world and I couldn't even relate to Shinji. He's a fucking autistic pussy and I want to strangle him.

Attached: 5d1.png (701x701, 14K)

Millennials are between 23 and 37 right now.

I really do like how it could all be thought of as a dream even if the show tries to pull away from that

There was one and it was bad

millennial is a weird term. for some reason people like to assume it's people who were born during the turn of the millennium when it's people who's formative child/teen years were during the turn of the millennium

Alright both of this shit doesn’t add up. If they’re born in 1999 and 2000 they would be juniors and sophomores in college. There’s no way they finished already unless they graduated from hs early

This is a good post. I think maybe if I was still 16 I might have sympathised with Shinji, but only watching the show as an adult he infuriated the fuck out of me. I know he's written that way but fuck.

GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Attached: 1548975486635.gif (500x500, 890K)

>you will never be Ayanami's big spoon and cuddle with her for hours, softly bite her ears, find blue hairs in the cupcakes she baked for you, interlock fingers with her, massage her head with a head massage spider, while she in exchange softly scratches your neck with her long blue nails, drink fruit tea with her on a seaside terrace, watch her take a fat stinky shit in a glass bowl..

Attached: 1218_718.jpg (850x1204, 201K)

Nigga get some reading comprehension.
Millenial generation starts in 84~ and ends in the early 2000s.

The name comes from people who were becoming adults at the new millennium. People born in 1982.

S-sorry

i dont want an eva game but i do want a game thats inspired by eva and at has the same aesthetic and feel
now that would be just great

No problemo my man, I don't think anyone anywhere understands that fucking meaningless word.

Xenogears

Poetry, you guys hate yourselves so much that you want to kill that who represents yourself

just get in the fucking rocket Gottfried, Jesus...

>shinji is anno’s self insert
No shit Sherlock

I just realized that Rei's suit looks like the Angel faces

epsxe is fine, i'm emulating xenogears right now

>you want to kill that who represents yourself

I'm not an self-hating otaku that feeds off of others and doesn't have any real sense of duty or altruism.

Attached: 1562858246677.png (489x482, 305K)

>kaworu achieved CHIM
the fuck is CHIM

Jesus I don't even like [redacted] but fucking lurk more.

Uh oh

You always have SRW

Attached: Evangelion.png (1650x1441, 486K)

Hmmmmm you sure, sweetie?

Where the fuck does all that info on the S2 engine and shit come from?

This sums it up.

It wasn't a failure...

in a random book a Yea Forumsnon found

Wrong from the first sentence, amazing.

the Dead Sea Scrolls???

youtube.com/watch?v=J5-SJZV62NQ

oy vey the goyim know
start the instrumentality

THANK YOU
it's been at least TWENTY FUCKING YEARS and now all the backstory makes sense
literally fuck jap story telling right into the fucking ground

>take a gundam game
>remove the flying
>add a 5 minute timer
>add depression, waifus, shirk sagisu, and giant angel monsters
Boom, perfect evangelion game

Anno, Charles Murray and Peter Molyneux walk into a bar
Who pays for the drinks?

how so

none of that shit has anything to do with the show proper

Bro the entire thing is a dream

The point is, this shit doesn't or at least shouldn't matter, you should focus on the characters and not the supah deepu plot, that's why people say the Christian imagery doesn't matter

Shinji is the name of the kyoani arsonist

I'm halfway though Evangelion. The show's pretty damn good but is the ending as confusing and bad as people say? I want everything to be explained ;_;

I played through it for the first time this year on Vita. The PSX emu Sony got going on PS3/PSP/Vita was pretty competent, not to sure outside of that though.
I also recommend downloading the Xenogears 2.0 patch. It doesn't do anything major, but still worth looking in to.

yeah it wasn't in the show it was in all the fucking spinoffs of Evangelion

Attached: spinoffs everywhere.png (608x473, 193K)

Get out of the thread now. It will all fall into place. Remember to watch End of Evangelion too.

BRO
stop it....
also rebuild is shinji getting to reset everything back to the way it was at the beginning of the original series so he gets to retry and not be a total pussy-clot'
this is because he has the power to do so and he chose to do so at the end of End of evangelion

you're through the worst of it, congratulations!

After the last two episodes, Watch EoE. Then watch those two episode again.

>he chose to do so at the end of End of evangelion
what? no he didn't...

leave the thread and finish watching it
if you want you can come back and check the archive of this thread if you want to be less spoiled by it because at this point i can say youre in a danger zone

Yeah, when Rei asked him what the wanted and a weird ass 5 minute scene ensues, he says "I wish I could do it all over again and meet everyone again"
I watched it like 2 days ago

>EOE could have been stopped if Shinji wasn't such a bitch
Woah

yeah and then it's said that people will be able to choose if they want to return

Should I finish Ideon or Nadia first? In terms of observable influence over eva

Everything you've ever dreamed is normie anime jap moonspeak shit
They should've just made a new version of komm susser tod instead

Attached: just try it.jpg (640x480, 89K)

>moonspeak
It's literally all in English

Ummmm user, don't ever post again, okay?

>what? no he didn't...

Yes he did. He realised being part of the tang with no love, no pain, no individuality, was bullshit and meaningless. So he chose to return. It's the first time in the series Shinji actually takes an active decision off his own decision-making. It's the 'Congratulations' moment of the movie.

he does. It's explained better in the manga

Most info that isn't from the anime comes from the NGE2 game. One of the writers for the game interviewed Anno for hours and got a lot of information from him that wasn't explicitly stated in the anime.

Attached: mockup-a8112f80.png (1000x1000, 1.43M)

Is Gunbuster good or is it just a meme ? Big fan of GL and Eva here

It's only 6 episodes go watch it
It has ass, tiddies and giant robots

No, it's neither really confusing nor is it bad. You just have to keep in mind that Evangelion reflects Hideaki Annos depression. Both The End of Evangelion and the last two episodes of the show are Anno's way to show someone how to overcome his or her depression which is what many viewers do not understand or do not care about as they are not depressed and just care about the cool mecha action scenes in the show. I genuinely believe that NGE and EoE are something really valuable for this world as long as you are willing to understand the messages the Anime wants you to convey.

good enough for me, thanks

1st one good
2nd series i never finished even though it was short but i heard there's something from the first series in it and it's super cool
if you dont mind stories focusing on girl protags then it's a solid sci-fi story, the first one that is
plus it's late 80's early 90's aesthetics so that's a massive plus for some people

That entrusting the fate of the world to a group of teenagers with attitudes is kind of a fucked up thing to do to them?

/r/ Name

I mean it's self conscious about that

Not that user but yeah.
If you watch Macross, or Gundam, or whatever like that, the heroes are usually fucking kids who just get into the robot and save the day.
Eva's kinda realistic in that aspect: What do you think'll happen if the kid with daddy issues is suddenly called to pilot a mech?

Attached: 1554466924978.png (900x1100, 626K)

Which is a shame, since these details make everything so much cooler than what is said in the anime.

I still got all of the lessons and main events when watching it years ago, but giving it proper context makes it even more interesting.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Attached: 1554828239423.png (446x473, 257K)

Have sex

is yoko taro the anno of video games

Attached: 1553036122156.jpg (1200x1190, 126K)

>manga
Not canon
Ended 15 years after the show aired
Not written by anno

No that's Kojima

Attached: 1563374936365.png (547x258, 114K)

Just finish it and watch EoE. Remember that 25 and 26 are not canon and EoE is the true 25 and 26 but they're still worth a watch.

Better, or Worse?

Attached: 1554433047606.jpg (644x625, 118K)

No

Based

Attached: 1545565924401.jpg (477x401, 15K)

the only way you could be wrong is if anno did NOT give the writer of the manga his personal blessings and confidence and in a public statement
so did he or did he not do the above?

one? theres been tons, and all of them are pretty shitty, sadly

I've been ignoring eva threads for more than a decade but just now finding out U in asuka is silent bothers me. Reading it as a-sue-ka instead every time.

well eva is mecha deconstruction so

blessings don't mean shit lmao

The first Drakengard released 16 years ago, retard.

based, the manga is fucking awful and a stupid wish fulfillment for waifufags

>25 and 26 are not canon
bro... you didn't get the ending at all.

That's fucking stupid.
The manga goes off the fucking rails from the original series and contradicts a billion fucking things in the actual animated series.
That's like saying Girlfriend of Steel is canon., or anything from Neon Genesis Evangelion 2 for the PS2 is canon.

>Unit 02 has absorbed part of asuka's mom soul

FUCKING WHAT
Is it from the video game also ?

Why didn't Adam and Lilith try to become gods like the FAR? It's not like they are there to stop them

it's better than nothing which is all im hearing from you

>I've been ignoring eva threads for more than a decade

Yeah i did that until watching it on Netflix last week. Now a lot of stuff posted on Yea Forums makes sense.

Attached: out of context image.jpg (1280x720, 81K)

U is always silent in japan you donkey brains

no its from EoE rewatch it

Well, in terms of events that took place in the plot, they're not canon.

Asuka is a better character than Rei

>Well, in terms of events that took place in the plot, they're not canon.

Yes they are. It's another layer of consciousness when Shinji is in LCL mode. 25 and 26 are not obliterated and rendered non-canon by 25' and 26'

Attached: end of splatoon.jpg (1200x675, 149K)

in terms of understanding what the fuck was going on in the show, you didn't understand it

why is rei's giant head always portrayed as she looking upwards when in reality is her face chopped in half looking straight at us?

There's no way that can be real.

>why is rei's giant head always portrayed as she looking upwards when in reality is her face chopped in half looking straight at us?

It's because it's from the poster. They didn't want to spoil anything. She's looking upwards, but the other half of her head is missing.

>all these reddit tourists and underage retards who didn't get the point of Eva and therefore think it's bad
>"dude just get in the robot XD" posters
it paints a depressing picture of the current state of Yea Forums

I guess but then, chronologically it doesn't make sense to see Shinji's development and self-acceptance in 25 and 26 mean nothing and it all go back in EoE.
Plus, when you consider how the movie is structured, it's very clear that it's meant to replace the original 25 and 26

The wind blew it around by the time shinji and asuka looked over

it is quite litteraly nothing, Anno WILL sell anything

It cracks me up that pic related literally spoils the end of the series, but someone who hasn't watched the movie yet would think it's just a cool metaphorical poster.

that's kaworu's

>"dude just get in the robot XD" posters
they were here before you, fuck off

forgot pic related damn

Attached: neon-genesis-evangelion-ende-des-evangelion.jpg (1131x1600, 181K)

That's only the mecha destruction aspect of Evangelion. It's taking the typical "teenager gets into a mecha"-story and shows a more realistic approach of it. But more importantly is that it tries to give someone who has no self-esteem, is full of hatred of him- or herself and full of fear of rejection a better view of the world and that it tries to convey the person that life is always worth living and always worth to be improved. I really loved the last two episodes when I first watched them because they really helped me out of the mindset I had at that time which was caused by rejection. You should never encapsulate yourself from the world because of fear of rejection, just go on until you find your way to happiness even if you have to find it again and again.

It's Rei, user.

Attached: END.jpg (960x600, 105K)

it makes sense that it's her but I look at it and see kaworu

cup Shinji always cracks me up

>2deep4u
>you need a pretty high IQ to understand NGE

Looks more like Asuka to me. Short hair and red eyes are the only resemblance to Rei. That shot is a drastically different art style from how Rei is usually portrayed.

Good meme.

Attached: mug.jpg (250x223, 20K)

Brainlets still out in full force in Eva threads no matter the year.

>reddit memes
point proven

You know clones don't shit right?

I know it's fucking Rei but it doesn't look like her at all.

Remember when Evangelion first started airing in the West and hardcore Western anime otaku called it a stale Iczer clone?

no

Actually no I didn't have internet access back then

chinks categorize generations better
they refer to them as "post 70s" or "post 80s" and i am of the opinion that it's a more sensible way of categorization
however ive now grown accustomed to using the term "zoomer"

I love Rei, still.

What do Eva and Iczer have in common beyond pussy protagonists who refuse to get in the robot and psychological horror?

Nah, the last Splatfest Shifty Station was in fact set in the ocean near the ruins of the Final Boss of Octo Expansion
The same song even played

Attached: Octo_Expansion_Turf_War_laser_battle.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

files.catbox.moe/qan8qp.webm

Stuff like NGE is proof that Japan is just superior. When do you ever see imagery like this in western fiction, let alone the popular stuff? And that's not even getting into the themes and everything. It's just remarkable.

And NGE and anime in general are far from the exception. It's the same way in vidya.

Shinji is a Chad you idiots, Gendo is the one who actually acts like a little bitch

Attached: 1561274094138.png (652x680, 1.17M)

I know you're baiting but EoE is literally just Childhood's End.

Shinji is not a chad. The one active decision he makes in the entire series is after the entire world has been (arguably) turned into a hellish wasteland filled with eva corpses.

(You)

Attached: a.jpg (1000x1094, 1.06M)

Just posting cause I wanna see an Eva thread get to the 500 replies

Attached: 1553517856731.png (1280x720, 613K)

500 reply get

Attached: muffin.jpg (1080x1080, 455K)

Attached: planet-apes-ending.jpg (1600x1200, 320K)

Well fucking done my man

Baited you into giving me recs!

But when it comes to vidya and animation it's still true.

Attached: 1495187047980.jpg (549x538, 162K)

>no good Evangelion vidya
Girlfriend of Steel was released ages ago, toddler.

just look at how fucking Interstellar missed the point of Gunbuster. Gunbuster. A fucking show about panty shot teenage girl who wants to pilot robot.

Eva's pretty unique when it comes to animation/cinema/television but similar concepts have been done in Western sci-fi novels since the 40s.
Anno really loves Arthur Clarke in particular, go read Childhoods End and go watch the 2001: A Space Odyssey movie

Though when it comes to anime, there's plenty of 70s and 80s anime that did similar things to Eva.

Thread's about to 404, post proto-Evangelions
youtube.com/watch?v=t5t4Hjd2KJk

>about to 404
We're still on page 8. Tell people to stop making threads and we won't get bumped off.

This proto-Evangelion even has a proto-Rei.
youtube.com/watch?v=9y7KrcfuxAw

I've read some classic sci-fi before and there was definitely some interesting stuff in there. Some stories and things are a bit silly through a modern lens but that's just how it is.

Is Ideon worth watching? I'm on like episode 8 and it's so boring

Dammn

This is the nicest thread I've been on ages.
Thanks for the evening lads.

Attached: a05148e1-93b2-4b93-bc54-64f8373074bd.jpg (1086x1030, 217K)

Attached: 1530596909320.png (500x533, 514K)

See you space cowboy.

Attached: 1562922366149.jpg (400x400, 16K)

i watched this recently
it was compelling because so many questions were left open until like the last 2 episodes and before that it was all entirely really weird plot with slighty-unsettling themes and an almost horror-vibe
the main character herself is fucking retarded and i didnt like that

yes but if you dont want to keep watching it stop
there are also movies i havent watched which i believe are the tv series condensed into movie format

>You know clones don't shit right?
wtf

Attached: 1451514054164.png (450x300, 164K)

Later, mi amigo. If only all threads could be this chill.