This controversy is delicious. Normalfags finally realizing that this series is overrated trash...

This controversy is delicious. Normalfags finally realizing that this series is overrated trash, and Nintendo finally realizing that their drone fans are actually sentient and that they can't get away with selling mediocrity forever.

How are Switchlets ever going to recover from this backlash? Pokemon was supposed to be sacred!!!

Attached: pokemonSwsh.jpg (1600x900, 150K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=K6BRQKHYkjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=7JVAW7fifZs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I don't really know or care but this is a Sony thread now

Nintendo doesn't develop Pokemon, dickhead.

in my experience most nintendofags hate pokemon, pokemon is its own heap of garbage with an entirely separate fanbase

You mean SNOY.

Attached: index.jpg (193x261, 14K)

this, pokemon's fanbase has grown very largely divorced from nintendo's core

>How are Switchlets ever going to recover from this backlash? Pokemon was supposed to be sacred!!!
By laughing their asses off when they still sell like 12 million during the holiday quarter.

It's still gonna sell millions because children and their parents are fucking morons

I'm gonna buy it because I really don't play Pokemon for the tree textures. Honestly don't give a fuck.
Don't care that I can't use Maractus either. Never have, never will.

I don't care about the dex but I'm glad normies are waking up to the fact that the game's maps look terrible for a game in 2019
Pic was posted some time ago and holy shit if all maps look like this it's embarrassing. Dunno why the rocks specifically were circled in because everything looks terrible.
Really, only the Pokémon and humans look good. Everything else looks like shit.

Attached: 155922162635978.jpg (1920x1080, 445K)

More power to you then, it's not my money

Maractus is in.

>Nintendo
and that's where you're wrong kiddo

Look at , it's not just 3 textures, literally everything environmental looks terrible. These maps remind me of Morrowind.

It'll sell 20 millions anyway

(Maractus is confirmed in)

Who gives half a fuck about the maps, though, seriously. The story is just an extended tutorial that achieves nothing besides entertaining ten year olds, the only reason you buy the game is for the entirely menu driven online.

そいぼい

They're going to play Pokemon Masters. Then their master plan of eliminating Game Freak and their share of the pie will be complete.

Lmao, I agree that it looks mediocre, but I will be buying Sword on day one.

This, Nintendofags don't care about Pokemon
They'll go through the same thing when the next Smash cuts half the roster though

wow dude it's almost like this is GF's first HD game ever.
Just like 3H looks rough as fuck.

Who knew that developers who were handheld only shit had to be forced to actually make HD games now with Switch?

Even the CEO of Pokemon Company wanted the Switch to fail because they want to just develop low effort mobile shit.

>Normalfags finally realizing
lol no, look at this thread alone. It'll sell millions. GF could just shit a huge log in their mouth, special boys would still buy it.

why?

>next Smash
>implying there will be a new one

which will now be more boring with a culled dex

nobody cares if they develop it or not, they own the IP. the point is that annualizing the franchise is limiting its potential, and TPC/GF are in desperate need of functioning brains. especially TPC, Ishihara needs to get the fuck out.

>Normalfags finally realizing that this series is overrated trash
When did this happen?

>Nintendo finally realizing that their drone fans are actually sentient and that they can't get away with selling mediocrity forever.

You know, what got me harder than the incompetence surrounding SwSh, is how along with the reveal of their new policy on the dex they nonchalantly admitted their plans to keep making game after game indefinitely, pretty much taking for granted that their drones ARE going to buy not only the new games but all future games no matter what, WHILE paying for their Home subscription like good boys, in hopes of being able to transfer their favorite mons to future regions where they might appear. The possibility of their games ever bombing doesn't even cross their minds.

That is a pretty slim probability, user, to be fair. They're not terribly expensive games to make in the scheme of things, their margins must be ridiculous. They're not in any danger of stopping.

>no genies
>no tapus
>no UBs
>no other legendaries
If anything it'll become more diversified with the limitations.

You do realize that Game Freak did in fact make console tier games before, right? Like Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee look even better somehow and they released that last year.
Intelligent Systems also made console games and worked with other dev companies as well like with SSBB.

>They'll go through the same thing when the next Smash cuts half the roster though

I can’t wait for this, the salt and seething will be worse than cutting Pokemon.

[spoilers] stfu portfags, hard cuts are inevitable next game, we need a new smash engine, smash gameplay is slowly becoming more boring each game.

This thread is full of delusional shitposters just trying to fit in. This is worse then a reddit hugbox. Have fun never posting about this again once the first main console pokemon game comes out and sells millions even if its shit, because its a pokemon game.

You won't be missed.

Fuck off retard, indie nobody hacks who have never made any sort of game ever have made better looking environments than that on shoestring budgets.
Pokemon should have looked like that on the gamecube, it's too fucking late to make excuses about moving to home console now. The franchise has been low effort shit since at least the DS era.

>pay for home subscription so your pokemon dont get deleted
>Only a few of them make it into the next game
>keep paying the home subscription in th eoff chance that some of the other pokemon will make it into the next game
>while moving new pokemon in from the current game
To GF, this idea is genius because they can keep milking their hardcore fans while reducing work for themselves by limiting the pokemon available each game. The fuckers really took customers for granted this time

>そいぼい
何が言う試っているですか?
ソイボイでしょうなら片仮名が書き方ですよ

>Like Let's Go Pikachu & Eevee look even better
Everything is fucking square and plastic

>Intelligent Systems also made console games
Oh you mean FE9 and FE10 with those amazing N64 graphics?

Attached: ss (2018-05-29 at 09.17.45).jpg (631x353, 81K)

you think I bought a switch for that game? don't make me laugh user.

Attached: SMT_V_Logo_US.png (1920x1080, 839K)

Dem abs though

Attached: 1562860153474.jpg (1485x2090, 531K)

There is no helping me.

The humans are just generically built anime models. Indie games have higher quality models than this

They'll go through the same thing when the next Smash cuts half the roster though

I can’t wait for this, the salt and seething will be worse than cutting Pokemon.

stfu portfags, hard cuts are inevitable next game, we need a new smash engine, smash gameplay is slowly becoming more boring each game.

> more diversified
>with the limitations
do you even hear yourself faggot?
Not even counting online play because tourney rules can forbid certain pokemon from competing
These pokemon aren't in. Period. You will never see them in game, you cant put them in game from another source, NOTHING. How can you honestly excuse such incompetence and laziness?

Hmm, I wonder why Sword and Shield is recycled shit from X/Y

Attached: 1563807502552.png (750x1334, 1.54M)

No one's denying it'll sell a ton. The thing is that with this game people will notice the quality, though, because people will have other Switch games to compare that look much more appealing which hasn't been the case before because 3DS games all looked pretty much the same with low poly models.

>I don't care about gameplay
>my main concern are the textures on the rocks in the background
Nice priorities.

>compfags

You're essentially paying for a two generation old game at full price. It's not just the textures man, the animations may as well be in T-pose, they use pixel sprites whenever they can, half of every Pokemon, non-existant baby difficulty.

I honestly prefer the stylized aesthetic of LGPE than SwSh's aesthetic. One has charm, the other does not.

its dead bro

Don't care, Sword and Shield will still sell very well and we CHADs will laugh at the losers.

I was well aware of this when I bought a Switch. The hardware is worse than the Wii U.

and we circle back to 'the game is unimportant battling is key' which was ruined by eliminating the majority of pokemom from the game and having garbage anims

youtube.com/watch?v=K6BRQKHYkjQ

>oh no I can’t take all my shitty data from other videogames to this game but to other future games
>this game doesn‘t look like uncharted 5 or dq11 which was developed 5 years for the ps4 and 2 years to port it to the switch
And meanwhile, I will still fucking enjoy it. I will enjoy the story, if the difficulty is like last gen I will enjoy that too, I will enjoy to just wander around and see pokemon, I will fucking enjoy encountering new pokemon, make new bros, get a new story and a complete new adventure. Because that‘s why I play this fucking franchise. Honestly they should complete cut all transfering and made the switch fucking hackerproof. The best online time on pokemon was pre bank xy, no cheaters, no hackmons and everything had value. Now shitty dataminers spoil the whole game day zero for attention

Point and laugh at OP for being a zoomer graphic whore that should kill himself.

I dont even own a Switch so good luck with your retarded comeback...

> Nintendo finally realizing that their drone fans are actually sentient and that they can't get away with selling mediocrity forever.

I'll believe it when I see it, sure people are complaining but I still say drones buy it anyway

If I played Pokémon for the gameplay alone I'd stick to Gen 4 and Gen 5 games because literally nothing has changed gameplay-wise since Gen 4. Heck, I'd just go and play Pokémon Showdown.
I play other games for the gameplay, I play Pokémon for Pokémon.

I know jack shit about the actual online in the game, just thinking of simulators where higher tiers have the same copypaste teams because you can use anything while lower tiers have more varied teams because you can't use as much.

>Actual Pokemon fans who love the franchise hate nu-Pokemon because it's lifeless trash made with 0 effort
>Subhuman corporate drones proudly eat the shit GameFreak produces up and brag about it
Why does Nintendo have such a cancerous and pathetic fanbase?

Attached: 1533811961149.webm (1222x680, 844K)

Attached: 1555082240283.gif (500x281, 3.03M)

I don't even care if it does well or not, pokemon lost me as soon as I realized the not all pokemon model going forward was one based on laziness or incompetence. Sun is my last pokemon game until GF improves their quality.

Attached: IMG_20190713_011244.jpg (1125x1358, 163K)

Attached: 1559884849150.png (1100x1236, 2.58M)

>Animations may as well be a in T-Pose
Yes, clearly this is just T-posing.
They're reusing the old Pokemon and their animations, but all the new Pokemon get new and better quality animations, and there's a ton of new animations for the NPCs. The Hau-Hop thing people keep posting is a reused animation, but it's for a generic cutscene and honestly it's not a bad animation so they recycled that part to focus more on shit like giving all NPC trainers a unique battle intro and ball throw animation.
>They use pixel sprites whenever they can
What does this mean? the only place they ever use the sprites is for the pause menu UI, and that's as a throwback to the original games.
>Half of every Pokemon
half is optimistic actually. There's gonna likely be 900 Pokemon at this point and we're likely only getting 300-400 of them. That said, that's still a huge number and this doesn't really matter much unless you're super into competitive which may or may not benefit from this cut depending on how they rebalance things.
>non-existant baby difficulty
Yeah. That's what Nintendo does. Pokemon is chill easy RPG in the same vein as Kirby is chill easy platforming.

Attached: allister animation.webm (1280x720, 811K)

> just thinking of simulators where higher tiers have the same copypaste teams because you can use anything while lower tiers have more varied teams because you can't use as much
>Everybody plays this the same way! I want them to play it MY WAY!
Yes faggot, I can tell you got into pokemon because Go pandered to your anime nostalgia and you got your shit kicked in by some noob using the same team as you in showdown, now kindly fuck off back to the cesspool you crawled out of

Nice attention to detail, Game Freak.

Attached: uses only dusk balls but lets put regular dusk balls on his outfit instead.jpg (552x675, 122K)

>but all the new Pokemon get new and better quality animations
Where's that scorbunny using double kick gif?
>They're cutting the total number of pokemon in the game, and here's why its a good thing!

>i play pokemon for pokemon
>that is why the quality of background foliage is more important to me than pokemon being cut from the game
Are you for real?

Obviously. Why do you think the bulk of Pokemon discussion are moved to /vp/ instead of on Yea Forums?

Attached: HIGH QUALITY ANIMATIONS.webm (900x506, 2.92M)

Attached: 37463782161187.jpg (1440x1080, 557K)

>I play pokemon for pokemon
>No natdex and the number of available pokemon is swftly cut down

OP implied otherwise, then again OP is a fag.

why put in the time,money and effort if you know millions will buy your game no matter what happens

Can we talk about how there hasn't been a well designed Pokemon since Gen 4? They used to feel organic and actually be based on animals and creatures, now they're based on garbage bags, key rings, cake and ice cream. Modern Pokemon make me want to vomit.

Is it because they hired a white guy to design them?

Attached: e43.png (476x627, 252K)

>Don't care that I can't use Maractus either. Never have, never will.
You probably don't care about Pokemon as a whole either, seeing you're not a fan.

Attached: They know what's best what the fuck.png (355x337, 41K)

>playing online on cartridge
I'm gonna vomit

If nothing happens even with the normies getting mad then this series really is beyond saving.

Attached: 1530113137279.png (960x3086, 1.09M)

I do like Gosselder tho

Attached: 0_IN7EnFEVu9JLmFJI.jpg (700x691, 56K)

Attached: 1560104007916.png (1734x1706, 3.71M)

Pokemon used to be a great RPG before gen 6

oops meant eldegoss

>when the unreal engine's NINTENDO HIRE THIS MAN projects look better than gamefreak's newest next gen game

pathetic

Alcreamie is amazing and I want to fuck her

Enjoy your shitty unfinished game. $0.02 cents have been deposited in your account.
Everything you said is false. Amazing

odyssey looks better

There are way more people that don't give a shit about the national dex, than those that do care.
You are a delusional fucking idiot.

Not him, but nothing he said was false.
Whether that excuses the game's quality or not is subjective, but everything he said was more or less true

This is the best argument I've ever seen.

I too remember when pokemon were based on Animals and creatures.
Pokemon like Magnemite, Grimer, Voltorb, Geodude, Jynx...
Those were the days.

Attached: 1347603841287.jpg (552x538, 58K)

I wouldn't have minded the dex cuts if it was just all the forgettable and shitty pokemon and keep the ones people like. Like, who's gonna miss dunsparce or durant?

Sakurai already warned us that was going to happen. Pokemon doesn't have that excuse considering the same gameplay and reused models.

this photo has like 2 exclusives, kek

I hope Switch kids grow up smart and see the problem with Pokemon Sword and Shield.

Attached: file.png (1200x1866, 1.3M)

Pokemon designs have generally gotten worse with every generation, but it's abjectly wrong to claim there hasn't been a well designed Pokemon since Gen 4

Attached: 600px-697Tyrantrum.png (600x600, 226K)

top kek
it does like the tiniest jump

>Fucked up the file name
Good job, faggot.
And whose to say those Pokeballs on his side are what he actually uses? They could be for any sort of weird excuse. Either way, that doesn't exclude the fact that his animations are all smooth and full of character. Even in just that still you posted there's a lot that can be taken just from his posturing despite the fact that he literally has a mask on.

I didn't say the attack animations themselves were much better. I said the Pokemon animations were, and in that instance you can only see Scorbunny's idle being used. Even then, his idle is fucking great.
His actual physical attack animation is in this clip. It's hard to make out all of it cause of the effect for Flame Charge, but what can be seen is pretty good. At least better than a lot of the older mons.

Attached: 1563231481893[1].gif (499x460, 3.66M)

Why does everything on the switch look so pale and ghostly?

>implying

Gen 1 isn't even good. Pokemon designs peaked with Gen 3. Gen 5 is where everything went downhill.

Attached: 1200px-563Cofagrigus.png (1200x1200, 491K)

>MUH DINOS!!!1!1!11!
grow up

because it's a dead console

Kill yourself shill, the game is trash. Half the Pokemon cut, almost everything recycled from a 6 year old 3DS game, garbage performance. Not even going to bother reading the post of a shill, I'll continue shitting on this soulless cashgrab.

>Half the Pokemon cut,
Not that user, but this is a good thing, not a bad thing.
One day you brainlets will learn.

everything past 4 has been dogshit

To be completely honest, the National Dex not returning doesn't bother me that much. Normally it's one of those features that's neat, but I hardly ever use it. Normally I like playing with the new Pokemon, after all.
However, this time there's a lot of stuff that's extremely concerning. The animations, the overall quality of the world, it just doesn't seem like a lot of time and effort was put into things. Plus I've heard other concerning things, like the fact that you can't turn off the EXP share. I haven't bought a Pokemon game since Sun/Moon, and I have a feeling that it's going to stay like that for a while

Attached: 1560963930985.jpg (584x800, 97K)

>yeah sure the attack animations are bad, but see, the idle animations are goood!
Yeah, keep moving that goalpost, faggot.
And no, his flame charge animation is disgustingly bad. Look closely and you'll see it doesnt even ram into the other pokemon
Just admit it, you got shafted

Soulless vs Soul

You know these threads look like fantasy daydreams, right?

>Removing content is a good thing
Kill yourself.

>nooooo I can't catch Bruxish in Sword Shield!! game ruined!!!!

Attached: 1427705485349.jpg (1508x1493, 437K)

Scorbunny's idle animation does look good, but I can guarantee that the rest of the new mons will mostly have shitty idle animations
I mean, Mr. Mime and Spinda had god tier idle animation in XY while the rest had absolute garbage.

every time

Attached: AFA51451-1839-4B5E-BE32-CA7E2E3A9425.jpg (744x632, 114K)

It's certainly not for balancing reasons. OU/VGC staples still exist, as do shitmons like Vespiquen.

Same thing going on with Animal Crossing. Looks so washed out and desaturated, which is a far cry from the crsip colors of the original.

Attached: Switch_AnimalCrossingNewHorizons_01.jpg (1920x1080, 209K)

>grow up
as he talks about pokemon
nothing will actually improve since gamefreak has no incentive, millions will buy the games off brand name alone

>Yeah sure, they're lazy, but here's why its a GOOD THING!
limiting gameplay in sequels, especially when it was so much bigger in previous games is never a good thing, contrarian fuck

>A bunch of shitmons that do nothing but bog down the experience of the new generation.
>A good thing.
Fucking retard.

>waaaah why can't I tediously grind wild battles for exp anymore?!?! that was HARD and CHALLENGING!

>gen 5 is where everything went downhill
>posts an image of Cofagrigus
You better not be implying that Cofagrigus is bad user. He's a total bro.
Even beyond Ghost being my favorite type, he's got a great design that gets a lot of emotion across despite the body being literally one solid piece.

Attached: tumblr_mve3hpWcad1rrtgbwo1_400[1].gif (400x222, 1.63M)

This
But only because it removes the replay value of romhacks, meaning that I can just delete the game after I'm done with it and free some sweet SD space to pirate other games

It's stopped me from buying a switch outright, not that one person means anything, but not having a solid pokemon game is surely going to hurt this holiday season, unless they pay off reviews super hard.

That wouldn't be a reason anyway when regional marking exists.

Pokefags will actually buy the exact same game over and over again and pay full price for it

Attached: 1521238800591.png (751x437, 632K)

Tell me how XY are better games than Platinum or HGSS for having more Pokemon.

Why remove the option when it's been available in every other title? Seems silly.

>Defending the removal of options.

There have been loads of good designs since 4 so I'll have to disagree with you there but that abomination you've posted is indeed retarded they already made slurpuff so I don't understand the need for another pink cream-like fairy pokemon

>experience
What experience?

>Sword Shield sent out to die/ fulfill contractual obligations
>pivot hard into mobile games
>Proves CEO right about mobile being superior
That was the plan all along

That's the only reason to limit the amount of Pokemon available.

>Strawman argument
Kill yourself

Dude, I beat BW1 and GSC without gaining any fucking exp. You don't need to grind in fucking pokemon games if you have half a brain.
Forced exp share just makes the game braindead easier and there's no reason to not be able to disable it

Tell me how XY would be better if they banned you form importing Pokemon not in the regional dex.

Those textures and models look lower quality than the average Chinese clash of clans clone
How is that even possible?

>males
>weapons alcohol and anime dolls
Cringe.

Honestly if mainline games died and Pokemon went full mobile, I could actually drop the series for good instead of hanging on

Attached: 79fcc1b3ebe155ef5a7d3d591104e361.png (750x800, 537K)

All the seething replies. Based.

>no argument

Oh yeah, MORE Pokemon GOOD!

God ORAS is soooo much better than Emerald because it has more Pokemon!

Catchy catch them all! All that matters in Pokemon games are the Pokemon count!

god I want to fuck that (male) so bad

Nice strawman arguments buddy

How do you even know that they're not in? If anything, you can expect le balanced earth genie of healthy meta to be in because he's such a popular mon.

Anyway, daily remind to play showdown instead of paying $20 a year for online + $60 on a glorified 3DS game

Games wouldn't have a bunch of shit online and routes saturated with shitmon.

I still see people defending Game Freak from criticism, crying about things like how hard these games are to make or how any negative press is just clickbait. I understand being a diehard for a franchise, but this is ridiculous. I don't know, maybe it's because I grew up on Sonic and that series has never exactly been spotless, but there's fanboyism and then there's blind fanboyism.

These games haven't even been good for a while (depending on who you ask that could go all the way back to gen 2 but the general consensus I see is gen 5, either way that's the better part of a decade by now), the whole national dex thing isn't some massive singularity point for all the hate. it's merely the straw that broke the camel's back for a lot of people. It's hard to look past other issues when you realize you can't even use your favorite pokemon imported from other titles anymore.

Shit outside the regional dex wouldn't affect what's on the routes though GF makes it so only Pokemon caught that generation can be used in official battles.

>if they banned you form importing Pokemon not in the regional dex.
They did exactly that for like 6 months.

>Why do you think the bulk of Pokemon discussion are moved to /vp/ instead of on Yea Forums?
/vp/ was created to quarantine all the pokemon generals (this was before generals like katawa shoujo, TF2, starcraft 2 etc. overran Yea Forums entirely prior to the creation of /vg/)

That's not forever though, even then, people with hacked 3DS's could still cheat the fuckers in.

To be fair, most of the Game Freak defense in this thread specifically is just people falseflagging for (you)s

gen 4 is a trash gen design-wise, you can count all the good designs from it on one hand.
gen 5 is kinda meh but has some decent standouts, and gen 6 is honestly one of the best as far as designs go. 7 was still better than 4 but not up to par with 1-3 though.

Mobile main games wouldn't be a bad idea though. Just don't go free to play and have the regular price tag with no microtransactions; Required internet connection would give a lot more sense to spending hours grinding to play against other people. And GF being bad at making 3D games wouldn't be so evident.

Attached: 1444729606377.jpg (1169x1920, 289K)

>Oh yeah, MORE Pokemon GOOD!
Bullshit. GF actually needs to stop creating abominations like these and passing them off as new pokemon. Worse, they're shaving off actually good designs like Torterra for lazy recolors
>All that matters in Pokemon games are the Pokemon count!
Complete bullshit. Pokemon has always had that variety in pokemon. You never played it the same way twice, because of all the different pokemon you could catch and work with. This is the only aspect that improved upto gen 5, when gen6 and 7 came and vomited on everything. But even that's still better than cutting down the number of available pokemon to less than a third of the total thing
Stupid nigger, go back to playing Go or LGPE or whatever you casualshits like so much

This is a fair reasoning. I could almost excuse the 3DS games because it was a weak handheld and all of the models were eventually made for use on the Switch. I could even excuse LGPE to a degree because we were promised a "real" game the following year. In hindsight, both are silly, but we didn't know gen 8 would look so terrible at the time.

the games only have to exist, they have no reason to invest in them more than the bare minimum

considering how greedy they are you'd have to be kinda delusional to think they wouldn't go full microtransaction kikery on them

>the only reason you buy the game is for the entirely menu driven online.
But I've always bought pokemon games because I find it relaxing to slowly complete a living dex each gen, which is why I'm skipping my first gen since Red/Blue this year

>all the new Pokemon get new and better quality animations
>"Nuh-uh!" *shows attack animation that doesn't use the Pokemon's animations*
>Point out that that doesn't show the animations and provide a proper example
>STOP MOVING THE GOALPOST
Faggot I've talked about this plenty enough to know people would say that shit which is why I've been specifying shit like that from the start.

And the attack animation is good, especially considering how all attacks in the game have generic qualities so all Pokemon can use them.
Comparing them to the signature attacks of the Digimon from Cyber Sleuth is wrong on so many levels. Why do people never compare the generic pokemon moves to the generic moves from Cyber Sleuth? Because they do the same thing.
In Cyber Sleuth, the Digimon have both their generic animations and their animations for their given signature moves. The generic animaitons are just fucking claw swipes or other melee moves from miles away from the opponent. They also get a generic "boost" animation for when they activate a skill that gives them a status boost, same way Pokemon use their special attack animation for any status move. I mean, fuck, in Cyber Sleuth even the signature moves never involve the opponent at all. They're always these fancy unique cutscenes followed by smash cutting to the enemy just doing a recoil animation and taking damage.

Attached: Ggaudq[1].gif (400x225, 3.17M)

can't you just play on Showdown at that point you goddamn cuck

>THE TRAINERS YOU DON'T SEE FOR 90% OF THE BATTLE HAVE BETTER ANIMATIONS THAN THE POKEMON

>Comparing the most successful game franchise in the history of mankind to some niche shit nobody ever bought
The absolute fucking state of corporate drones. SwSh is a lazy cashgrab, get over it. Almost all of the game is re-used 3Ds assets from 2013, fucking lazy and embarassing. Neck yourself shill.

I get that people are upset about the Pokémon cuts but twisting Masudas words and trying to weaponize it to mobilize normies is making you guys look way more pathetic than Gamefreak.

youtube.com/watch?v=7JVAW7fifZs
This fag's got a terrible voice but more and more people that played the demo say it's bad performance wise and the gameplay is just as dull as always but the difference is with Dynamax you can obliterate any Gym if you use yours a turn or two after they do.

>re-used 3Ds assets from 2013
they were so fucking lazy they couldn't even be assed to reuse all of them

Imagine these 2 pups being the all-important main legendaries for this gen. They look like side legendaries, like entei/suicune/raikou, for something better, like dialga/palkia.

Attached: aba.png (2521x1217, 2M)

They're both Lycanrocs with some extra shit tacked on them and a godawful color scheme. I still can't believe they managed to top DPP's legends in shittiness.

This hurts so fucina much

for the love of god stop shilling that fucking earraper

But the dogs>>>>>DP.

This pic is too meta. It fucks with me on many level.

Attached: ao0KWjy9m_480w_v1.jpg (480x352, 49K)

>And the attack animation is good, especially considering how all attacks in the game have generic qualities so all Pokemon can use them.
Lol no it isnt. Like I said earlier, the animation doesn't even hit the opposing pokemon, the pokemon literally stops before it and somehow the opponent magically takes damage
>Faggot I've talked about this plenty enough to know people would say that shit which is why I've been specifying shit like that from the start.
So rather than see what point others try to make, you chose to change the narrative you use to defend GF incompetence? What level of corporate cuckery is this?
And the fact that some no-name niche game giving its mons special animations while one of the biggest most popular franchises spits out garbage like that flame charge isnt doing you any favors, faggot

>Literally Suicune recolours
compare the left one with this suicune
Did they really think nobody would notice the blatant plagiarism?

Attached: suicune.png (1200x1200, 920K)

Maybe you should take some of your own advice, faggot.
My point was that comparing the two is wrong in the first place. Not even going into their budgets or development timelines, at their core they function incredibly differently. The Digimon are all given signature moves that are unique to them and thus they get those unique animations whereas Pokemon share ALL their moves meaning there's a whole different set of considerations at play.

Also
>most successful game franchise in the history of mankind
The games aren't the sole source of this. The franchise is so huge due to merchandise primarily, with the anime, TCG and games following all around an equal level. Even then, being a successful franchise doesn't mean they get infinite money or time to do shit. They're actually hurt by this because they're forced into obscenely small development timelines for games of such scale.
This wouldn't be so bad if GF hired more people, but GF is run by retards like Masuda that won't put in that extra cost for whatever reason then make stupid design choices like the cut and throw their development team under the bus by making up BS excuses.

I don't blame the games nor the development team at all here. The reason the game is having all these troubles is due to the higher ups like Masuda royally fucking shit up.

>the pokemon literally stops before it and somehow the opponent magically takes damage
You mean exactly like how Digimon Cyber Sleuth does it? Only worse since Cyber Sleuth doesn't even show the enemy in the same screen nor move the Digimon closer to the target?

Don't you have an obscure game to speedrun, Swampert Tube?

>attack just stops short
Sorry to break it to you bud but every pokemon game is like this, all the way back to gen 1. If you cant understand why the clipping would need them to create literally billions of unique hit animations for every matchup for every move, you might just be underage.

Nice wall of text but I'm not going to read it, shill. Neck yourself you shiteating faggot, SwSh is an inexcusable pile of shit.

I think they collided in battle revolution but that game had lolnocontent so maybe GF has a point.

>people obsessed with older games and Pokemon finally abandon the series, allowing it to appeal to new fans with every release
I agree, I'm really happy with this controversy. It's long overdue. Now the series doesn't have to feel so held back by its legacy.

I'm confused, how did the old fans somehow prevent new fans from enjoying the games

Genuinely, is there any group with lower standards than Pokefags?

Attached: 1545976969654.gif (325x258, 895K)

Okay, buddy, here's the only part of it you need.
>Maybe you should take some of your own advice, faggot.

Even in BR all they did was add a walk up animation to all attacks. And honestly that shit just bogged down the games by making it take just that much longer.
And yeah, BR was a garbage game. The animations were well made, but that's literally all it had. Colosseum and Gale of Darkenss were also bad but at least they tried to have a story and gameplay.

And yet even a generic swipe is better than the literal hop that half the Pokemon do, never mind that nearly every Digimon in the game has it's own unique attack animation - with a roster just as big as Pokemon's.

>allowing it to appeal to new fans with every release
By having the 151 first pokemons and kanto references every ne game. That's quite based if you ask me.

I think they might end up releasing the national dex via a patch after all, maybe with Nintendo providing development support just to calm down the controversy. And of course everyone will then immediately forget all the other issues with the game and praise them for "listening to fans".

Attached: 783784.png (500x375, 181K)

it's going to sell like gangbusters and user will be permanently asshurt about this

People here on Yea Forums consume garbage daily

The hops are tied to specific moves, not the Pokémon themselves. All the Pokémon still have a special/physical animation, they just do hops for double kick and some other multihit moves so that you don’t have to watch the animation for every hit.

>I think they might end up releasing the national dex via a patch after all
Personally I think it's more likely they're gonna have a Kanto DLC pack, then a Jhoto one, and so on. Really wring the money out of people.

In short, like buying Ultra Sun/Moon all over again, Biggest grossing media in the planet is incompetent at his core.
I just avoided wasting money on this cash grab, so i will wait for the next year """IF""" Game Freak actually wakes up and gets their shit together.
It's not going to happen and we'll see Ultra Sword/Shield whit "ULTRA CHANGES" MOTHERFUCKING AGAIN.

Attached: 1561125624002.png (1315x1917, 1.82M)

No they're going to shit out Let's Go 2 Johto and have the biggest marketing point be the return to Kanto.

Uh Let's Go 1 was already in Kanto

>every pokemon game is like this
Kek no, it isnt. In the GBA and NDS games atleast had an excuse of using still sprites that couldnt move. Attack collisions became a thing in gen 6 and onward because 3D models could move in ways sprites couldnt, and you can see this in moves like brave bird and flame charge
Stop sucking GF's cock so much, you braindead twat

The whole "remaking models that look exactly like our old models that we initially built for futureproofing but didn't even last two generations" is the best part of this shit show of a fiasco

And now you'll get to visit it again. Everyone loves Kanto. We must always be visiting Kanto, we must love the Kanto.

It'll probably sell less than SuMo because Switch doesn't have nearly the amount of owners that the 3DS had, and Switch games cost more than 3DS games at release.

Of course it will, but right now I can see it being the worst selling mainline series. Which would still be numbers that other series could only dream of reaching, but it would still mean a loss of potential profits.
I dunno, won't that end up making a lot of people even angrier? And what about battling other people, would both need to have the DLC if only one uses a pokemon from it?

>They used to feel organic and actually be based on animals and creatures
Fucking magnets.

Play Let's go and it really grows on you. underrated game

Every Pokemon has a physical attack animation and a special attack animation, even the ones that never really use one of those types like Alakazam here with a physical attack.
Every one of the hundreds of Pokemon moves are designed using generic methods so every Pokemon can use every move with just those animations. Like that user said, multihits tend to use just tranlations and attack effects to get things across since playing the attack animation 5 times over would both look bad and take longer. Each move is tailored to use the tools in optimal ways. Many moves even use the opponent as part of the attack animation.

With Cyber Sleuth, from what I can gather, each Digimon has an attack animation for the "attack" option, a kind of flexing animation for the generic skills, and then their signature attack animation for attacks they don't share with anyone. The attacks also don't interact with the opponent at all. They're able to do a lot more crazy shit with this regard since the moves are pretty much isolated cutscenes.

Again, they're pretty apples to oranges in the way they're designed and developed. That's why I think comparing them in the first place is dumb.

Attached: alakazam physical attack.gif (192x192, 272K)

>I dunno, won't that end up making a lot of people even angrier?
They're always making people angry. They don't care, as long as the merchandise still sells they won't mind at all.
>And what about battling other people, would both need to have the DLC if only one uses a pokemon from it?
Fuck, I dunno

>Normalfags finally realizing that this series is overrated trash
Not nearly enough of then
>their drone fans are actually sentient and that they can't get away with selling mediocrity forever
This isn't true

>>their drone fans are actually sentient and that they can't get away with selling mediocrity forever
>This isn't true

We'll wait to see. One on hand, even the subreddit is furious, on the other, Let's Go sold 10 million.

>moves that fly straight through other pokemon so you can ignore clipping being relevant
Based retard, now give an example of the other pokemon running up and hitting the other with proper collision and no clipping, where the animation calculated how far it needs to run up based on the size of the enemy, and also auto adjusts the height of the hit to make sure contact between the models is made.
Oh, that's right.

Let's Go didn't have half as big of an outrage and 10 million was not an impressive number for the first entries on a new system.

10 million at $60 is an impressive number for something they shat out in a year with a small team. All community discussion died weeks after Christmas yet the damn thing is still $60.

>even the subreddit is furious
They're just following the crowd. Now it's cool and popular to shit of GF so they're jumping on board and trying to collect as many internet points as they can on the way. If they were actually sentient they would have started complaining way before Sword and Shield. Plus I guarentee most of these people complaining don't actually have the self restraint to boycott the game.

Thing is, there's a lot of people who will be buying this game purely because it's Pokemon. I definitely won't be putting any money into this game, but we've already seen a lot of people going as far as defending the cut dex.
Tell me, what so far has been shown that's worth the dex cut? The handhelds have been doing just fine, frame drops due to shitty hardware notwithstanding. I was hoping this game would be good, because my Switch has been collecting dust ever since I got it for Christmas and played a bit of Bomberman R.

Attached: 13903771499617.jpg (853x480, 279K)

>because my Switch has been collecting dust ever since I got it for Christmas and played a bit of Bomberman R
Why not play, like, Mario Odyssey and shit. Seems dumb.