DIGIMON SURVIVE

GET IN HERE BROS, IT'S literally nothing

youtube.com/watch?v=J3oNZ14pmKI

Attached: 02.png (840x466, 749K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DpfSmC9ajsE
youtube.com/watch?v=wmyiPVOih8g
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-03-04/famitsu-readers-choose-their-30-favorite-digimon/.85610
youtube.com/watch?v=3nEAMHPmWi4
gallery.withthewill.net/thumbnails.php?album=632
gallery.withthewill.net/thumbnails.php?album=581
youtu.be/_vSJnBkFzQs
youtu.be/vRpGZwYzDls
youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY
youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9ksIrSyOY
youtube.com/watch?v=81DvNJKed9w
youtu.be/JGiaIPLbYt8
youtube.com/watch?v=2EMR15Fm48s
youtube.com/watch?v=nHYWMzaeDCs
youtube.com/watch?v=02NL3sRG3Bw
youtube.com/watch?v=ujjRJ4Gkmls
youtube.com/watch?v=1xDFWYt_pbY
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Fuck you're right it is nothing but for some reason it gave me chills at the end, seems spooky kind of

Hey that's bretty cool. Thanks user

>Cringimon

Attached: zZz.png (500x333, 158K)

Looks good, still debating on if I should get it for PC or if I should buy a Switch Lite to play it for a knockoff Vita feeling.

Which version should I get?
I usually buy games for ps4, but this seems like a game that could run on my toaster laptop as well.

>Old man gets gangraped by an army of palmon

Attached: 8h.htg9.png (1366x768, 551K)

TK, what did you do to piss off Mimi?

>TK

Why should I care about this when I can already play Devil Survivor?

>Adventure music.
fucking hell

Patty bold of bamco to release a digimon trailer with no digimons

looks decent

As someone who loves both series Digimon seems to be turning into SMT-Lite. Cyber-Sleuth was an SMT game and the first trailer for this game reeks of Devil Survivor.

Go back to /vp/.

I'm not into vns, sorry, I'll be buying cybersluts this october again

HM tried a bit of persona with the huudie character introduction portraits

Honestly I like what they are doing
Can't wait for digimon nocturne

youtube.com/watch?v=DpfSmC9ajsE

Where's the Wargreymon money shot?

What the hell kinda game is this supposed to be?

digimon tactics game
youtube.com/watch?v=wmyiPVOih8g

That owl digimon looks cool

Oh, neat

Because more variety in the genre is good.

Devil Survivor

That's sparrowmon

It is? I'm the biggest fan of the original Adventure soundtrack and this doesn't really sound familiar to me

Because Atlus is too busy milking Persona to even bother considering Devil Survivor 3.

Just wait till is released, to see which version is the best one, and if they all are the same then get the switch version.

Looks nice.
I'll get it for PS4.

>Digimon video game protagonist isn't silent
About fucking time

>xbox controller
Based.

I like the artstyle. It's pretty generic, but really charming for some reason. Character design looks good as well.

@471309505
>Posting in a thread on a series you finds boring fishing for (You)s

Attached: 15d.png (246x310, 112K)

It looks comfy and soulful

Cool

How is that a teaser? It's a fucking anime short, doesn't tease a fucking thing.

Just let me bro it up with Cyberdramon and bang Taomon and I'm sold.

It's not a teaser; it's the opening movie. It says that right in the title.

God fucking damn it, I want to know MORE.

Attached: 154.jpg (750x673, 65K)

I didn't know Cyberslueth sold almost a million copies.

I can't believe digimon is making a comeback.

This game is like a new season of the anime, fucking nice

Is there a list of actually good Digimon games?

More like metal gear survive haha

Attached: 3u7mQU.jpg (494x703, 174K)

Every single one is pretty much different in terms of gameplay, with the exception of Digimon World DS - Dawn - Dusk. Though, those are fucking nice as well. It's more or less what's up to your alley, if you like certain game style.

Digimon world 1 2 and 3.
Digimon rumble arena 1 and 2.
Card battle game.
Unironically, kart racing game for gba.
Dusk and Dawn but they are on the grindy side.
Cyber sluts and hackers memory.
Redigitize.

>metal gear survive was actually a damn good game despite Yea Forums telling me otherwise
>Which means digimon survive will be even better than what Yea Forums is telling me
my dick can only get so hard

>it has renamon minigames

Attached: 1428951702889.jpg (480x463, 55K)

>2020
AHHHHHHHHHHH

Attached: 1561686170882.png (275x369, 8K)

Because devil survivor is dead and this is the closest thing you'll ever get to devil survivor 3?

>make an Owl
>call it a Sparrow
Why is this allowed?

I still find it really strange that they went for a 2d style instead of just using the 3d models they made for cyber sleuth.

Sparrowmon is a goddamn plane. Google it.
The owl Digimon you see is Falcomon. I think the color of this Falcomon is the original one compared to the series' Falcomon.

It's name is actually falcomon and it's based off a falcon.

Attached: peregrine-falcon.jpg (360x450, 32K)

someone explain to me japan's obsession with highschool
i didnt have a particularly bad time during, but its a little annoying that so much media is focused on it

labramon is cute! CUTE!!

Attached: 1319918125.stranillafennebi_labramon_copy.png (585x800, 455K)

>16 hours into Cyber Sleuth Hackers Memory
>it's the same game with less cute girls
Fug. At least I'm having fun. Yu is cute to.

They know what players want

Because highschoolers are the only ones who play games in Japan. Same reason that American protagonists are grizzled old white men, because american gamers are 30+ y/o neckbeards

It's the only time when the Japs are allowed to live and be free, to an extent.
Near the end they go to cram schools and after that it's soul crushing Japanese employment™ time.

>labramon
>falcomon
It feels good that they give some screen to them.

Because as soon as Japs leave highschool they instantly turn into generic salarymen regardless of who they were before. Therefore it is only possible for them to set stuff before then, because nobody wants to watch/play Daily Lives of Generic Salarymen.

thanks anonino

Attached: 158.png (447x378, 11K)

Aoi a cute.

Attached: Aoi_Shibuya_and_Labramon_b.jpg (3416x4872, 1.5M)

Digimon fanbase is one of the most cucked in the video game industry

>Digimon fanbase is one of the most cucked in the video game industry
Enlighten us.

Highschool = youth, that's it. A lot of media from other countries that's about kids-teenagers also focuses on their school, it just happens that Japan has a shitton of them, but there's also a lot of stuff that focuses on adults or different settings.

But salarymen always make the best anime protagonists whenever they give it a try

also is the most soulles franchise.

>because nobody wants to watch/play Daily Lives of Generic Salarymen
Sounds like it would be a really easy to exploit market.
>This boring, soul-sucked salaryman goes on an adventure where he feels alive again and isn't crushed by the corporate machine!
Sounds like the perfect escapism. Pretty sure some have done it before.

that's not how you say anything marvel related

Having watched the Diary, I am curious, is there a Digimon game that plays like Xenoblade Chronicles 2, in the sense of primary character/subordinate weapon character that has RPG tendancies with leveling up and whatnot, that either has real time or turn based combat, following a story set in a singular world? Like I get the impression that so many Digimon games, want to be like Pokémon in the sense that one Agumon is just like any other, and just as replaceable with another, but what I always liked about the series was the fundamental idea that a person has a single partner, and that the strength of their relationship fuels their combat proficiency, but that the combat they do alongside one another helps them get stronger.
I'm not opposed to a tactics game, because I can see multiple characters attacking a singular more powerful one, and their working together being what takes them down. Hell, Doing something like the first Xenoblade, or a Final Fantasy where you progress through the plot as a group of 6-10 characters but only ever play as 3-4 of them in combat is something of a story/game chassis I think that would work very well for a Digimon game, but while I admit to not having delved too thoroughly into whats available, what I have seen of Digimon games, doesn't appear to feature any line within the franchise that plays like that. Or am I mistaken?

even spiderman is soulful.

huh?

Attached: FC69C0D8-B666-4B5A-8F96-FD0456415016.jpg (320x320, 51K)

I think you're looking for the Digimon World series of video games. I wouldn't know about the Xenoblade comparisons since I absolutely despised the first game and didn't play the rest as a result. Look into Next 0rder and Re: Digitize

Wtf this was literally fucking nothing.

Waited one year for this?

Fuck me

No
And thank God for that. Xenoblade cringeblade 2 is fucking trash for retards.

Fuck Xenoblade.

_ ____ __ ____ ____ ___

Honestly the only direct thing I am pulling from that is primary character and subordinate weapon character operating as a singular unit through the story. I think that use of duel characters as something united, a digi-destined and their partner, and not a pokémon master and the world of interchangeable pokémon that can be mixed and matched is something that would work well for Digimon.

Thanks user. Will do.

Nah, it would go against what Digimon is. Which is adventuring with friends.

>i want to fuck that boy
?

Explain this then

Attached: 20th_artbook_030artwork_ver2.jpg (3716x5264, 2.46M)

>boy
>owl
>dog
All apply, user.

thats some ass latios

>Miu is humming Ravel's Bolero
Cute callback.

They all look like high schoolers to me, which is great.
I'm tired of playing as a kid.

you kidding right? Video games have been using high schoolers for ages. Shit, playing kids would almost be novel.

>replying to the buttmad envious pokefag

Well yeah, which is why beside Xenoblade I also suggested Final Fantasy so you would be exploring with a party of friends, and just only able to play 3-4 at a time, but still have everyone present through the story progression. It's also why I see Tactics working well, because in that case you aren't constrained to 3-4 and can play the entire group of friends, via their partner digimon.
Like I'm not knocking any of the existing games. I'm just trying to conceptualize one that would make me feel like I was playing through the Adventure seasons more than Human goes to the Digi world, that looks like the inside of a computer, and not like the wilderness, and levels up Digimon until they come across a new one, at which point they cast aside the one they had even digitizing it at times, which makes the entire human/Digimon relationship unimportant and effectively non-existent. Like you said, Digimon is exploring with friends, but the Digimon are friends too, and should be elevated as such more than I recall ever having seen them elevated in the past. But also like I said, my exposure is limited, and that is why I am asking for some direction, because I cherished the series as a kid, and have wanted to throw my money at the IP for more than a decade, but of what I've seen nothing elevated the relationship between human and Digimon to anywhere near the level that the series did, and that friendship is something I wanted to experience in a game without holding my arm behind my back to ignore a core game mechanic, just so I can hold on to a Digimon that every other player would have moved on from.

>expecting any form of quality discussion in the cesspool of the internet
there's no point. There simply is no point

Some characters feel like they reflect various Digimon in their clothes/appearance. Is this intentional, or just a looking for patterns error?

It’s time for another play through, don’t ya think?

Attached: 181A7624-7874-4B96-B552-0B039F5724F9.jpg (342x339, 40K)

How? They aren't mutually exclusive concepts, plenty of Digimon games and media have revolved around the human having just one digimon as their partner without sacrificing "adventure".

If i just wanted monster collecting, i'd play pokemon. Digimon Survive looks like it'll at least try to be an adventure with friends which they should've done to differ themselves from Pokemon.

Cool blog friendo

Attached: DjIO0gFUUAErTxQ.png (750x506, 639K)

I'm doing DW3 right now, maybe later.

I loved this game, fuck the haters.

Dungeon crawling is fun

I didn’t know my edgy skeleton could be this cute, do other typical edgy or villian digimon have this kind of artwork too?

Both Xenoblade games do feel like an adventure to begin with, and I guess X too but in a different way.
I can imagine a Digimon game with 5 or 6 party members with a single set digimon partner (or maybe 3 each at most).

>just so I can hold on to a Digimon that every other player would have moved on from.
This is peak autism.

>cobweb on the back of the jaw
someone needs to clean that guy up

get into the robot shinji

See, part of the problem with Digimon games is that basically all of them have silent protagonists, so none of them can really evoke that anime feel just because there's no scenes of the protagonists talking to anyone at all, let alone their own Digimon. Survive is I think the first one since the Ryo games to actually have a MC that talks, and the dev diary has said that they're trying to make it feel like the anime through character drama-based temporary evolutions, which up until now I think has only been a thing in the rumble arena games

If you say so, cool guy.

Attached: iu.jpg (640x360, 120K)

Any info if we are stuck with Agumon as the first/primary partner? Hopefully there are branching evos at least, i really don't care much about the standard Agumon line.

>you're 29 and will never have a digimon adventure
Hold me bros.. This is just too much

Attached: Screen_Shot_2018-02-06_at_3.37.14_PM.png (200x200, 31K)

the anime short has more budget than the actual game, I don't know why they delayed it

Adulthood is when you realise Joe was the best.

Attached: IMG_5026.jpg (640x480, 36K)

We've very clearly seen Agumon with the MC in the promo shots.

But there are branching evos, like with all Digimon games, supposedly reflecting your choices in the story this time

Jou and Mimi were always the best, user.

>Hopefully there are branching evos at least
I think it was mentioned in an interview that the digimon would evolve based on their relationship with the character through dialogue choices or something like that.

Glad to hear, i really haven't heard much about the game beyond the initial gameplay trailer.

A reminder to report all mimifag to the FBI for pedophilia

imagine the smell

Attached: mine.png (854x480, 477K)

Does it count if i was a Mimifag since i was little? She was always best girl to me.

>Survive is I think the first one since the Ryo games to actually have a MC that talks, and the dev diary has said that they're trying to make it feel like the anime through character drama-based temporary evolutions,
Oh dude, don't get me wrong, watching that video he was saying all the right things about the character interactions you choose, and managing energy during combat, and potentially running out. Like in terms of saying the right things, he was batting .1000, but then at the end they kept saying it was going to be a orthodox game, and it felt like they were trying to warn fans to not go in with high expectations, which kind of felt like dropping a dingleberry in the bowl of Lucky Charms they had just given me. Like it just leaves me wondering, if BN can give us a DBZ RPG, why can't they give us a Final Fantasy: Digimon Adventure? Or even just The Breakfast Club and 1/2 or their siblings go to the Digital World, and get a partner Digimon, and stop bad Digimon threatening both worlds. Hell treat Digivolution as a Limit Break or sorts that lasts longer the higher the level, and build in a sort of Pokémon grooming dynamic where outside the story and outside combat, you can have characters engage directly with their Digimon to develop the relationship between them, that has in-battle benefits. I mean business reasons aside, I would hope if the demand for the IP is there, and DBZ:RPG does well it might be something they give us down the road. It just seems so common sense to me, tardy market entrance aside, I'm kind of shocked they haven't done anything like it yet.

renamon > all digimon

furfag

Nah

Attached: IMG_5003.jpg (519x389, 18K)

Attached: 1369316299836.png (500x382, 62K)

it's not a vn, it's a trpg.

since you like awful shovelware, try digimon world 4.

Because this is the closest thing we'll get to Desu3 in the near future and it looks absolutely comfy

Awesome, buying it on my Nintendo Switch to play it anytime, anywhere.

#1 rated by fans

still furfag

if by #1, you mean #17, then sure:
animenewsnetwork.com/interest/2015-03-04/famitsu-readers-choose-their-30-favorite-digimon/.85610

cute boy

Attached: 1563814774403.jpg (3416x4872, 1.75M)

Wait. Is the little sleeping boy being head patted near the end implied to be the protagonist? And that being the real reality? With the existence of everyone/everything else being dubious?

Yes

Attached: 20th_artbook_016artwork_ver1.jpg (3734x5291, 2.35M)

NO U

Attached: EAFgldWXUAALKpn.jpg (1920x1080, 312K)

It always bothers me how SkullGreymon is not MetalGreymon or Greymon in skeletal form. Their horns simply doesn't match. Made me question how the hell did it inherit the Greymon name.

Attached: EAFgldPXoAYMGHB.jpg (2048x1152, 364K)

Attached: EAFgnJwXUAIuSTV.jpg (4096x2518, 2.38M)

I guess they just wanted to differentiate them a bit

Attached: pendulum_artbook_035_deepsavers.jpg (3259x4603, 1.79M)

As someone who likes Digimon and Zoids you are so sadly wrong.

>sub
Cringe

that sounds way too fucked up to be the premise of a Digimon game, though it would be neat
>world ended, a kid born after the holocaust dreams about Digimon after finding some magazines and merchandise
sounds kino

cut off that hair, stop wearing your mothers bra and get into the fucking robot shinji

>digimon went full blown anime
Weebs ruined another nice thing, congrats

>tfw you will never be her living clothes

Attached: BDSM Mommymon.jpg (720x1140, 126K)

>being american
Yikes & fatpilled

Mecha werewolf.
Sometimes digimon is amazing.

Attached: 1563732386817.png (600x934, 737K)

>Franchise that has been full blown anime since the beginning is ruined for going full blown anime

Attached: 1556311162832.jpg (367x388, 14K)

>rumble arena 2
>no renamon
>instead we got two agumon, two gabumon, two guilmon and fartmon from frontiers
Epic.

X antibody was a mistake

>digimon went full blown anime
Uhhhhhh

Attached: maxresdefault (2).jpg (1280x720, 215K)

>it was all a dream lmao
don't you dare

Attached: rage.jpg (229x343, 21K)

>that Chtulu episode in 02
>that fucking horror
>this guy is getting set up as the big bad that wants to impregnate a 12 year old japanese girl
>absolutely never brought up again after that episode
02 is undefendable garbage.

Not currently. But I did start playing it a couple of weeks back. Just entered File City. Kinda stopped playing it for now since grinding for mons is kinda tiresome. Almost all of mine is an Champion that can lvl up to halfway into Mega. I'll probably need to fuse 2 more times with other ults or a really high lvl champion to finally get to Mega. I'm also kinda stuck right now since the main 3 mons that I was gonna fuse, got shit de-digivolution lines.

Is there even a word for this level of stupidity?

Attached: low-quality-bait.jpg (600x600, 18K)

I feel you bro. My childhood dream was to get isekai'd to the digital world.

Space Brothers kind of did it. And was immensely successful.

what is Digimon Survive's target audience? is it aimed at boomers who grew up with Digimon or not. I feel old as fuck

Looks like they are aiming for the same audience for the Cyber Sleuth and Tri, so pretty much.

I have no idea whether or not this is a hot take or not, but here goes.
This looks way better and way more interesting than the original anime I watched as a kid.

I always liked this MetalGreymon over the ones we have right now (orange with stripes). Probably because this MetalGreymon is my first exposure MetalGreymon because it's the one they used for the first version tamagotchi digivice.

Digimon as a franchise has realized long ago that their target audience is adults, not children.

Cyber Sleuth was made with that in mind, thats why it basically turns into a full blown SMT plot

It's pretty much an undeniable scientific fact that the X-antibody variation of any mons are superior in design compared to the original mon.

Seeing as they know Digimon no longer sells with children, but with adults, I'd say it panders to boomers like almost all recent Digimon media

Attached: Touch the slut. Do it now..png (960x544, 800K)

why are westaboos so retarded?

No Etemon no buy

Attached: IMG_6728.jpg (1920x1080, 286K)

youtube.com/watch?v=3nEAMHPmWi4

Look at this intro retards, it was normal. Now everything has to be animeshit, even games.

>a kid born after the holocaust dreams about Digimon after finding some magazines and merchandise
shit I like this

Nah, that was pretty anime, complete with a bad dub.

The 2-D cut-out sprites are gonna take some time to get used to but everything else from art to UI looks exceptional

trying to start an argument for the sake of it

This is the one that suppose to be dark and gritty right? Where the kids could die depending on your choices?

The release gameplay video was extremely zoomed in, so i'm glad there's at least an option to mess with the camera a bit.

This trailer kinda made me interested in the story. Has there been an outline or short summary of the story?

> it's not anime cuz I said so

Attached: 300px-Game_digimonworld_cover.jpg (300x299, 42K)

I could see characters being unavailable, turn on you or their partner dying, but the actual human characters dying seems way too much.

I'll be satisfied if there's a fist fight at some point.

>that comfy sleeping metalgraymon
Cute as fuck

Also I wish that cyber sluts kept his chest missiles attack
The vaccine having the chest missiles while the virus gets a counter is kinda cool in theory but the counter attack animation for the virus is the generic attack animation and that is not very cool

Attached: 20th_artbook_111artwork_ver20th.jpg (3725x5282, 1.47M)

Is there going to be a dead Leomon?

I wonder how many people forget Metalgreymon has rocket nipples.

How could you forget
Most likely

hate to break it to you, but that's anime. it's just rendered in 3d instead of 2d.

Is there a link to this artbook?

new digimon is so boring

Is it confirm that there's a morality system? Also evolution tree better be different depending on paths. Skullgreymon is kino

Attached: 1563803234061.jpg (558x552, 33K)

Based and musicpilled

Does it have waifus

gallery.withthewill.net/thumbnails.php?album=632
gallery.withthewill.net/thumbnails.php?album=581

and soulless.

If you consider digimon waifus digimon like angewomon and lilithmon will most likely be in

Explain to me what soulless is?

Attached: xocnwj.jpg (1600x1100, 445K)

Probably going to have shiptease, but i am not expecting romance.

Based, thanks a lot

Attached: IMG_5028.jpg (3235x4611, 1.54M)

Was New Order good? Was the PS4 version good?

If you like world 1 you might like it

I like the fact the character designs doesn't follows the current anime style standards as the actual game designs draws its influence from the original anime up to digimon 4. I think one of the aspects they should work on is what the fuck is a digital monster and if they can draw stuff from Digimon Tamers. If everyone is literally data, digimons kill each other to become stronger in the food chain. If a digimon manage to kill a human (only a few of them know this) they can achieve their ultimate form as fast as possible. This game needs to establish everything about the series so if they feel like making a different type of game, the setting is versatile to allow it while making it feel organic.

I've been playing it on PS4 and it's pretty good. They were obviously on a tight budget but the game is unironically full of soul (and it has some punishing difficulty curves, which I liked a lot).
It's fun, play it if you liked Digimon World (if you did, you'll have your mind fucking blown)

Just give the script to Chiaki J. Konaka so he can make videogame adaptation of Ghost Hound, Lain and Texhnolyze employing digimon setting.

Honestly my biggest problem is that I didn't play the first one, but autist attention to detail why it isn't aside, it looks the most like the anime or all Digimon game lines. Is that a fair read on it?

Dub etemon was a treasure.

/vp/ loves Digimon, though. Pokemon is their least favorite monster catching franchise.

Oh look, more generic weaboo shit. Haven't seen that in a while.

> That Orange and Blue Greymon picture
> "Hey bro why are you so small? Did you stop lifting?"

Jesus man, you will seriously regret crying that you were 29 once you hit your 40s. Enjoy your life while you still can.

GOOD TASTE
THIS user HAS GOOD TASTE

Next Order is about taking care of your Digimon, like the tamagochis of old, but with a main plot of course. In that regard it's nothing like the anime, where the kids just go on adventures killing shit. I think Digimon World 3 is the most similar to the anime

>Conflating nip cartoons to a real life breathing 10 year old child
Get help user, you need it
Or move to Canada, it might be more your speed

It's fine user, sometimes dreams are better than reality.
Plus they can pull a KH3D and have the dream break into reality

Good to know. Thanks user.

Why are the girls in CS so goddamn delicious?

I wanna try out digimon world 3 but do you still have to find bios files for the emulator cause that was annoying

Because the character designer is the guy who did Devil Survivor

>I wanna try out digimon world 3
Don't.
Just don't.

Attached: no. bad tiger.gif (496x279, 2.94M)

As far as I know, no.

Not him, but i played it quite a bit back then and had a lot of fun, although i never got to beat it. Was the game really that bad?

there's also a PSP game literally based on Digimon Adventure that got fan-translated bro

I have a hard time saying that World 2 is worse than it, and while I love World 2, that game is shit.

No PSP, but thanks anyway.

PSP has perfect emulation these days, no excuse.

PPSSPP is a thing.

Digimon World 2 and 3 can be enjoyed but you need the patience for it. They have really fucking slow progress and combat, plus World 2 has pretty tedious dungeon crawling while World 3 has backtracking through areas that have random encounters.
But if you can stomach that, you can probably enjoy them.

>cybersluts is a smt ripoff
>survive is a devil survivor ripoff
Raidou ripoff when?

Demikids ripoff when

I think they finally realized all they have to do to make a good digimon game is to first make a solid gameplay foundation and then add a digimon anime story to it.

Let Hosoda direct a game and it'll be the pinnacle

>survive is a devil survivor ripoff
How is it a ripoff? It doesn't even have Yasuda art.

>no excuse.
Other than not wanting to download an emulator or pirate games, but again, thank you for letting me know.

I've tried to play it multiple times since release, but my save file would always get corrupted shortly after reaching File Island.

Okay people, list your top 5 Rookie Digimon and your favorite in their possible evo lines
>Gomamon - Zudomon
>Agumon - Wargreymon
>Renamon - Sakuyamon
>Palmon - Lillymon
>Guilmon -Dukemon/Gallantmon

I think, if you can get the hang of the raising system of Next Order you'll probably enjoy it. You have human tamer companions and anime-inspired battle mechanics, and a fuckton of Digimon. Oh, the opening movie is also pure kino. It's just the overworld that's kinda ugly.
I don't know how hard it might be to find original copies of the PSX Digimon games nowadays though.

Megidramon looks cooler than dukemon.

>Zudomon
I just recently realized he's wearing dead body parts of other monsters and his original form must be fucking hideous, like Gabumon

gameplay style

>Palmon - Bancholilymon
All I need to be honest.

Attached: 03.jpg (850x1081, 198K)

The girl was humming “Bolero” which was used in Adventure.

They're isn't a single x antibody that looks better than the original

Is it a slow game i could reasonably play on my phone? What's the name?

Fuck, forgot it existed
Why's she in no game? Bastards

Will Survive be good, bros? Please tell me its good.

Attached: angewomon digimon.jpg (566x800, 121K)

like disgaea? nice

It will probably be way too easy to the point of absolute boredom if I know my Bamco SRPGs

>Atlusfags think SMT invented Tactics gameplay

>Please tell me its good.
Okay. Its good.

Digimon Didn't Survived.

woah, its a tactic rpg where the heros form bonds with monsters to survive

She's new and a bit obscure, it makes sense.

Attached: 02.jpg (800x1103, 443K)

>most digimon are now just cute girls with hats
What happened?

>all the new digimon look like shit and are waifubait
what the FUCK happened?

Not a single new Digimon design in the past 2-3 years has looked remotely feminine, unless you count Sistermon Ciel as "new"

>[10 years out-of-date bait I heard from proto-/vp/]
What happened?

>bancho

Shouldn't be sukeban?

>people just post lies on the internet
What happened?

Attached: 20th_artbook_092artwork_ver20th.jpg (3707x5255, 1.55M)

It's to fit with the others. She's a proper bancho.

Attached: Banchos.jpg (1537x980, 283K)

>I heard you like blades and pointy bits

Sukeban is gender specific, but I don't think the bancho title is. I remember the manga Kongo Bancho had a lot of girls with that title too.

I really like Digimon, but I also really dislike the vast majority of the actual Digimon designs and have always liked Digimon in spite of this.

None of them are, they're all cosplayers. Not one of them lead an actual delinquent gang

Now you're just being petty.

Cyber Sleuth was weird

Attached: IMG_6724.jpg (1920x1080, 297K)

The new characters are literally the same. The only difference is the delinquent being a curveball.

DUGICHADS IN THE HOUSE TONIIIIIIIIIIIGHT

POKEFAG ON POOICIDE WATCH

Attached: 1562523080866.jpg (594x1053, 75K)

Why isn't there any porn of this fuccboi?

Attached: Yu_Nogi_b.jpg (640x727, 77K)

>DBZ:RPG
is it really an RPG? just looks like a Naruto NS game.

Not really it's not like the original anime was amazing

Nobody tell him this is anime. It might break his heart

To tall

Probably because he was the worst part of HM

>that date mission you have with him
>blushing all the time
He is so Fucking gay for keisuke

Maybe not as explicit an RPG, but I figured it's story driven and you're going to need to train to get stronger, which I think is most easily accomplished around the RPG genre. Either way, even if it isn't I think what I described for Digimon would need to be an RPG, and that was the more important part of the suggestion.

This MetalGreymon (later called the Virus MetalGreymon) it the first and original MetalGreymon until they made a recolor of it. And honestly? It looks rad.

Yep. Actually 02 is one big wasted potential with a lot of ideas that were half-baked. It's like they didn't give a damn.

Is it me, or her bust grew after taking in the X?

X clearly got bigger devittities and thicker devithighs.

Attached: LadyDevimon_(Re-Digitize)_b.jpg (581x800, 119K)

Wondering if there's a Angewomon X just to go and form a Mastemon X with LadyDevimon X.

I'm still waiting on a Lilithmon and Ophanimon fusion

Fujos don't like canon gay characters, only characters implied to be gay. It's more fun that way because it's more "taboo". That's why haru is so popular and has became a gay sex icon in the digimon community

Also most fujos like to project themselves onto the uke of the yaoi couple, and Keisuke isn't exactly attractive in any way

It would be probably just Mastemon, but above Ultimate/Mega Level. Hoping that if they make a Mastemon X will at least get something like from pic related. One of the concept arts of the vanilla Mastemon featured a sword-arm and a massive claw arm floating next to the LadyDevimon half of her. Would be nice if they reused elements of this. Especially that LadyDevimon X has a similar floating claw.

Attached: Mastemon_sketch.jpg (320x320, 72K)

There's not much fan stuff for CS in general anyway, weirdly enough
Despite Digimon being one of the most heavily written for franchises on Fanfiction.net, you search for CS stories, and there's only like 30 of them, 25 of which are one chapter shipping fics written by an autistic Aratafag

Banchostingmon is just so much better than any other of the members of his evolution line

The thing is that a lot of the people who do digimon smutt also do other kid's show smut
They like digimon, but what really make their dick hard is corrupting kid's cartoons
Look at Chicago, the dude who every one says will always do digimon stuff, even though CS was full of hot bitches for him to go crazy with it, he only did one pic and was mostly a joke one
Meanwhile he did a bunch of porn of not only xwars, but also appmon and several other kid's shows

Mastermon is a good waifumon and all, but this one is the crearly superior mon

Bearmon - Marsmon
Lopmon - Turuiemon
Betamon - Seadramon
Dorumon - Dorugamon
Gomamon - Vikemon

>Turuiemon
Attaboy

>Cthulhu episode

What? I don't remember this. What other waste of potential did 02 have?

She's a fucking idiot but I love her.
Now she's getting DPed by Omnimon since I'm assuming he has multiple dicks.

Attached: latest[1].png (853x1200, 578K)

>Can't wait for digimon nocturne
>Konaka is confirmed to work with Habu
Soon.

Playing it on my phone while browsing this thread. Digimon Adventure with the English patch. Follows season 1 of the anime so far.

If you can't fast forward, FUCK THIS GAME DO NOT PLAY IT.
Same with 3.

Honestly my favorite design of Mastemon
I hope it's the X Antibody version or the Lilithmon and Ophanimon version

>dub
Mega cringe

even as someone who usually likes dubs, the digimon English dubs were fucking awful until Savers/Data Squad

God dammit, they always do this.
This is not how you market your game.
Theres not even hype music in this animation!

>NOOOOOOOO! why can't they zoomer it up like fortnite?

Attached: zoomer.png (434x327, 32K)

Or they make a Durgamon with a bunch of different flavors of huge-ass arms

>that generic movie editor title card at the beginning
ITS GONNA BE GREAT Yea ForumsROS I CAN FEEL IT

>the man fag always wears flight glasses

someone fill me in on this. Why? I only watched the first season of digimon, second season I could never get into it but I know he also wears glasses, is there a reason?

She is pretty great

Sounds good, i'll take a look.

Attached: IMG_5041.jpg (739x415, 43K)

It's just tradition. The first kid in the very first manga had goggles so every generation one kid has goggles as a nod to that.

Gift from his grandfather

Digimon MCs wearing goggles became a tradition like all the pokemon MCs wearing a hat.
Sometimes they have an explanation for sometimes they don't.

>Now she's getting DPed by Omnimon since I'm assuming he has multiple dicks.
I'm pretty sure it's a generally accepted notion that any and all fusion characters have multiple dicks.

Something tells me that Mastemon doesn't

Date when?

Mastemon has the most dicks.

Attached: +_02ce1500d6530fdacd4e60eb8fd20d84[1].png (1139x1079, 470K)

There a episode were Kari feels bad, because her brother won’t fuck her, goes to a dark sea zone of the digital world.

The whole episode is a reference to the lovecraft book were seamen try to rape girls, the digimon even imply the same thing when they try to capture her

tai from v-tamer actually has a backstory for the goggles. his grandfather's friend was a brave pilot who wore the goggles while he was flying. he went on to die from an illness, and his grandfather kept the goggles for a while and then gave them to tai as a reminder to be courageous.
tai from adventure wears goggles because he's based on v-tamer tai.
daisuke wears goggles because tai makes a big show of "passing the goggles" to him as the new leader.
takato wears goggles to imitate tai, because he grew up watching digimon adventure on tv.
after that, it kind of just snowballed into a tradition. masaru from savers is the lone exception to the rule.

What's the number of that episode?

13 14 or 15

IT'S FUCKING HAPPENING

Attached: 1552826698524.gif (500x224, 1.02M)

Random aside, but I found it kind of funny that the MC in Cyber Sluts wears the goggles, but Nokia is the character that would by tradition typically be wearing them.

Holy shit you're right, that was some weird shit, loli impregnation and everything

Top five?

Alright

Kunemon-Okuwamon
Impmon-Baalmon
Floramon-Ceresmon
Gotsumon-Banchogolemon
Betamon-Metalseadramon

>that sistermons mission where Nokia shows up and learn that to evolve her mons she has to love them
>she kisses agumon and gabumon
>they evolve to Grayson and garurumon

So if a kiss evolves to champion
A handy takes them to ultimate
A blow job to mega
And Fucking to ultra?

>champion
>ultimate
>mega
>ultra

it's
>adult
>mega
>perfect
>ultimate

>impmon - beelzemon
>demidevimon - astamon
>keramon - diablomon x
>dracmon - grandracmon
>petitmamon - lilithmon x

There's art of her getting dicked by agumon and gabumon on pixv
It's great

Attached: 1516833120162.png (656x4188, 2.37M)

Trust me. I know.
>nothing better than watching a dumbass bimbo get fucked by what are essentially animals

What's the best insert song?
Hard mode: No brave heart.
youtu.be/_vSJnBkFzQs

Attached: 1556660416826.webm (644x352, 1.29M)

It's we are xros heart.
Brave Heart was never in the running.

Yeah, this is definitely what made me not try out Digimon World 2. I might, if I get to know how to fast forward. The game feels too slow.

If I remember correctly it's because they had 2 lead writers who often didn't get along and every time a story line is dropped it's because of the other writer basically going "mom said it's my turn to play"

I didn't even realize at first that the whole case was just a excuse to.go on a date with Keisuke.
I thought the joke was that Keisuke was surprised Yu had other friends besides him.
It wasn't untill someone pointed it out in a thread here that I foubd out it was all a ruse.

I'll play it if best boy is in

Attached: wendigomon.gif (500x375, 475K)

I'm really happy on how it looks, to be honest. I'm also damn happy that I will finally own a Digimon game legitimately. I have been asking for a fucking legit PC Digimon game for so long, man.

Attached: 1561686710036.jpg (800x606, 76K)

holy shit it really is Devil Survivor then. I'm hyped as fuck, loved those games.

Is this going to be the first good digimon game?

Gay as fuck. Hope they got the fujo bucks from that.

Attached: mimi.png (1360x768, 1.27M)

Not even the best xross wars song.
youtu.be/vRpGZwYzDls

I though this was on Switch as well?

Who’s the Bancho knight?

Yu is super gay, user
And it's super cute

They also had a bunch of guest writers
The dark ocean episode was written by konaka
And apparently that landed him the job as the main writer of tamers

That song is boring, no buildup or fadeout, just endless noise from the first note. It's a good metaphor for the show itself

If you had to trade one Digimon with one Pokemon, giving the Pokemon franchise the Digimon and the Digimon franchise the Pokemon. Who would you choose?

it kind of feels weird knowing that Yasuda isn't going to have any involvement in a Digimon TRPG after having worked on the Digimon RPG's for the past half-decade or so now. If he was involved this would basically just be DeSu 3.

>Confirm that Digimon can have a one off evolution depending on the character's emotional state
I can't wait for the SkullGreymon episode.

>Gotsumon - Triceramon
>Terriermon - MegaGargomon
>Floramon - Blossomon
>Otamon - Whamon
>Sharmamon - Mammothmon

Attached: 1f559c993c45e80e4f319db201a0d0f3--posts.jpg (236x180, 9K)

FOREVER UNITED AS ONE
(DIGIMON)
TOGETHER THE BATTLES ARE WON
(DIGIMON)
THROUGH US, LET YOUR SPIRIT EVOLVE
(IF WE'RE ALL FOR ONE WORLD THERE'S A WORLD FOR US ALL)

Attached: Shirtless Muscular Man Screaming Into Megaphone.jpg (800x563, 273K)

Banchoholemon
AND FUCK THE LOW QUALI IMAGES WHY CAN'T YOU RELEASE ARTWORK IN A DECENT SIZE YOU FUCKING TARDS AT BAMCO

Attached: Ni3307t.jpg (360x480, 61K)

Not sure about the character designs, but I love the main theme and what I've seen of the gameplay

youtube.com/watch?v=NE2myLCpNnY

You have no idea how fucking happy I am that the franchise is now being talked more frequently. It feels so good to be alive, lads.

Attached: 8dbbf6705ac86ff4fb4cb1da7cf149a4.jpg (1000x562, 105K)

*Banchou golemon

Attached: TOcOIH2.jpg (360x480, 85K)

Nope, HM sold poorly, like 1/10th of what the original sold poorly
I won't say it deserved that, but stuff like Yu is probably part of the reason why it did.

When are the Cyber Sleuth games hitting the Switch? And how long in between then and Survive?

Now that you posted this one, I can see the golemon elements more

Sad, guess fujos are not interested in digital monsters.

fujos are only interested in utter garbage, fuck 'em.

see

Survive is 2020.
Just don't ask when in 2020

Digimon fans on Yea Forums have the weirdest level of COPE I've ever seen.

Too be fair it was just a low budget asset reyse of cyber sleuth.

>stuff like yu
HM underperformed because it's mostly an expansion pack being sold at full price upfront

If they released it as a 30 bucks DLC for CS it would have performed much better

If Sony can do it with bloodborn, why can't bamco with digimon?

there's barely any porn of any character at all, it's like a barren wasteland

Attached: why isnt there more of rie.png (634x695, 295K)

>Models in the background but they instead use copies of the exact same models and animate them overtop of the text box.
This will never not piss me the fuck off. Doesn't that seem like too much work and effort for an objectively worse looking result?

Attached: kohina calls the police like a good girl.png (680x383, 357K)

Digimon Twitter is a goldmine
have a cute Lillithmon

Attached: DcuTEbWWkAItmiY.jpg (700x586, 106K)

What are we supposed to be coping about?

Because you’re not getting another DeSu anytime soon.

I love it when games do this. I actually think it looks good.

So was the first CS game. Every part of EDEN was some of the most budget looking dungeon design I've ever seen, if anything the new areas from HM looked like they had much more polish.

That's basically what they're doing with the complete edition.

Cyber Sluts comes out literally a month before Pokemon

I'm betting Bandai is hoping seething poketards buy it out of spite

It's supposed to work like a visual novel, user
Using a buffer frame as a background is much much easier to do since you don't need to care about character placement in a scene or animate them more than the 5 or 6 generic talking animations you have already made before

Really? Why? Why not animate the models that are actually in the space provided? Why put them up over the text box like a play? It looks terrible.

Sex with rin would be way too scary but worth it

Just popping in to say that everyone in this thread is an absolute BASED digibro and i'm so glad there's a lot of support for Digimon in 2019

Attached: Terriermon_joshu.jpg (540x540, 67K)

If no Brave Heart
Slash or One Vision

Should I get Cyber Slut or Hacker’s Memory? Can only get one.

Attached: B9C4EA1A-EF1B-4247-8522-8EA948D60723.jpg (1080x1080, 120K)

If you do a scene with characters in a room for example, you need to animate them walking around and interacting with objects, etc
To make things faster and easier to animate, they use the visual novel format, where you have character portraits over backgrounds
Though due to the sheer amount of these scenes the game has, making unique backgrounds for every single one of them is also costly (but in a different way)
So they grab the last rendered frame from the buffer before the scene transition and use that as a background
It's incredibly cost efficient and it's probably the only reason they could were even able to deliver the story they had planned with the budget they had

Is there a season that's actually a good time to watch as an adult with no nostalgia?

>Cyber Sluts Complete Edition releasing for Switch and PC a month before Pokemon
>Digimon Survive comes out on all systems next year
>ReArise getting a global release soon
>The 20th Anniversary vpets are getting a official western release
>All this while Pokemon is busy shitting the bed

The Digirenaissance is upon us

Attached: 21745543423867534.jpg (1280x905, 465K)

HM is an expansion pack of CS
If you didn't play CS you won't understand shit that is happening in HM

Wait for the 2-in-1 bundle.

Don't watch 02, Frontier, or Xros Wars Hunters
Rest are good.

Cyber Sluts Complete Edition has both

Adventures and tamers.
Tamers probably more so.

Fuck you, frontier is not as bad as those 2

>screams DS
>already used Yasuda for CS

I dunno. Find it funny, if I'm being honest.

I'll give tamers a shot, I hope I like it, it's always fun to get into something new, thanks bros

Maybe the fact that it's a borderline rehash didn't help.
Nah, it's the gay dude.

Tamers holds on with no nostalgia
The original digimon short movie also holds on with no nostalgia

Our war game is also good, but you need to watch adventure to be able to understand it
Good thing the director remade the movie without digimon and called it summer wars.

Attached: 5rookies.png (600x1503, 904K)

I don't think it is either, but it's still not good. Every character is cardboard, and there's just a lot of repetitive filler. Only thing it got right were the visuals and music, but other Digimon shows do those better than Frontier

I hope they don't do it again in the ps4 digimon story game.

Digimon' resurgence proves it's only a matter of
>Release a good core product with a decent development team with some respect for the franchise to keep old fans happy
>While still releasing new things in a timely manner to get new fans and staying in the public's concious
Also: Pokemon's immense fuckups and Yokai Watch's Multimedia mismanaganent make it easier for Habu to appeal to the bigwigs at Bamco, I imagine

sopa de etemon

Attached: piccolomon2.png (600x320, 173K)

yeah, it's so hard to cope with getting good games!

My personal favorite is Savers
Very perfect mix of mature storytelling, decent characterization and over the top bonkers action. Only reason more people don't like it is that not as many grew up with it if you ask me

Attached: 1501801630064.webm (960x540, 2.44M)

>Why not animate the models that are actually in the space provided?
Because it's not as clear and tends to be poorer at actually conveying the characters. By having portraits or duplicate models show up in the centre of the screen to represent the characters you have a very clear representation of the characters and their messages.

Otherwise you'd have to really zoom in the camera and or do various camera etc and it'd just be kind of messy. A mess that even in spite of everything, still wouldn't be as clear and good at conveying the scene.

Though of course that's just my opinion. You do you.

>a very clear representation of the characters and their messages.
Yeah man I'd have trouble recognizing a character who's repeating one of their 5 animations/poses for the 200th time.
It's pretty lazy IMO.

I'm kinda sad Yokai Watch is changing it's gameplay formula.

>Otherwise you'd have to really zoom in the camera and or do various camera etc and it'd just be kind of messy.
If every single Ps2 RPG can do it why can't cyber sleuth?

And yet we still haven't had a good Digimon anime in almost ten years

>can do it
I never said it can't be done. Just that I am not much of a fan of it.

>alright the first series had Devimon and Myotismon
>the second series had VenomMyotismon
>what should we do for this series?
>>I dunno have a guy punch three venommyotismons or some shit

I am told that was actually a scene from the crossover parts in Young Hunters. Pretty sure Vamdemons never showed up in Savers. Young Hunters got Masaru's meme superpowers right, if nothing else

So is this going to be like devil survivor cause if so I’ll finally buy a digimon game even tho I never watched any of the shows or played any other games

I'll be honest I have no fucking clue what any of that means. I saw the first season with Devimon and Myotismon and like half of the second season with VenomMyotismon,
I think there's a season where people fuse with their digimon, and a season where people want to fuck the fox. That's like all I know about the anime.

kek
The whole episode is about how every protagonist from Digimon joins up to fuck the shit out of the enemies.

Attached: btspfpci5jyx.png (1920x1080, 3.45M)

The fuck? Weren't Imperialdramon and Omegamon almost the same size in that 02 movie?

People are just coming to conclusions, it's Devil Survivor in the say way Cyber Sleuth was a SMT game. Kinda surface level comparisons. The games current lack the multiple routes, or make a interesting cast for a change.

I hope the characters are good and I don’t care about multiple paths I just hope it’s not like FE combat

Because people forget that this game was originally a portable game meant to be played on a tiny screen and that visual novel style stories are what you usually do on these kind of more limiting hardware and budget

user, cyber sluts is not a big mid PS2 era jrpg with a decent to big budget to fuel it's development
It's a cheap handheld jrpg that had a small budget that cut corners on what they could without disrespecting its fans or players to keep the game within budget

the whole movie soundtrack is based tbqh. I own two copies, plus the movie on dvd and vhs

I have always liked digimon without ever getting too far into it, how does the fanbase as a whole feel about Frontier? I remember liking it a ton, but it was pretty bizarre with the kids turning into digimon. Were there any video games of it?

Imperialdramon - 6'0
Omegamon - 5'11

Lunamon - Dianamon
Palmon - Lillymon
Gumdramon - Arresterdramon
Candlemon - Mistymon
Gatomon - Seraphimon

Most hated it because there were no partners
Because the MCs job through most of the episodes
Because tamers was just so damn better and frontier wasn't even close as good as it
It kinda killed the franchise for a while

Frontier is Digimon's most boring show. They kept everything except the premise way too safe and predictable. Bad decision, if you're going to make a huge shift in how your franchise works, you go all the way so there's something for people who aren't scared off to be actually entertained by.

There were like a couple of mediocre beat em ups on the GBA, but that's it as far as games go. Some of the Digimon from Frontier have been appearing in the recent games, but only the main two lines so far

is there some new gameplay trailer floating around? i loved devil survivor

Attached: etrian survivor.jpg (863x750, 536K)

We don't speak about Frontier

its pretty lame

>how does the fanbase as a whole feel about Frontier?
I love it.
I loved the entire concept of turning into a digimon with Tamers and making it entire it's own thing of sorts.
Is till have my D-Tector digivice toy

>Were there any video games of it?
Not directly obviously
But some of the spirits like Agunimon are in Rumble Arena 2, Battle Spirits 2, Hacker Memory, Next Order

We do speak about frontier
We even speak about 02
What we don't speak about is young hunters

Eh, I liked it

I think one of the main reasons Adventure and Tamers are considered the best old series besides their good mix of drama, tension and lighthearted moments is because of their characters and their development within the series and with each other
Adventure has 7 (later 8) kids with very differing personalities and character arcs and Tamers only has 3 main kids but they all undergo some serious development
>Tai learns to be a responsible, respectable leader figure, dropping the brash, dumb kid mantle pretty fast
>Joe learns to sack up, fight back and still manage to be the one most responsible for the kids' well being
>Mimi goes from spoiled girly girl to a kind girl with attitude
>Matt learns to care for the others besides T.K. and grow into a better person for it
>Izzy learns that being asocial and knowledge focused is okay as long as you don't push the people that love you away, regardless of the blood you (don't) share
>Kari learns to not depend only on her brother and step out and be the best she can be
>Takato is Tai and Joe in a blender and has to shoulder both leadership and responsibility for his group
>Rika learns to see Digimon as not tools but beloved companions
>Henry's development is a bit of an exception, most of his growth is already done by the time he meets the others but he still learns to balance his duty as the more knowledgeable tamer and being a better family member
By comparison:
>Savers has a smaller cast, which necessitates more depth which they don't always deliver
>Frontier sidelines everyone but the mains later on (even in Adventure, the sidelined guys got a lot of screen time and growth on their own I.E. Joe and Mimi's pacifism arc)
>02 is directionless and lacks the heavy atmosphere because everyone can go back home at the end of the day
Not saying they're bad, but I can see why they're not as popular

You are not alone, user
I also liked it
But most didn't

You don't mention Beelzemon, who had the best development in all Digimon.

I liked Young Hunters more than Frontier

I can respect that they at least want to try something new (or they're desperate to do something drastic to turn some heads because fuck dammit Level 5 always screws it's own franchises)
I hope they port 2 and 3 to the switch as the rumors said they'd be porting the first YW

>which necessitates more depth
Oh so you're one of those Tvtropes people. Opinion discarded.

youtube.com/watch?v=Xg9ksIrSyOY
youtube.com/watch?v=81DvNJKed9w

Attached: 1553628237566.jpg (400x388, 26K)

Pokemon is literally too big to fail at this point. I want that shit to flop so hard but it's clear that nothing will stop it save a fucking all out nuclear war and even then you can bet TPCI will find a way to manufacture Pokemon branded rations to distribute to people in the nuclear wastelands.

Young hunter was fun to me when it wasn't just Digimon of the Week, given like 2 exceptions, being the Betsumon and Phelesmon episodes.
Even if it was basically just a anniversary series, having every other character show up was hype no matter what anyone says to me.

Digimon probably won't be beating Pokemon in the next century but its definitely going to leech some fans from Pokemon

How?
Nothing Fucking happens in that
It's worse than 02 in how aimless it is
Mostly because it only exists because toei needed to fill time since their new saint saiya got delayed, but still, most episodes average from bad to underwhelming
And the ending was also super disappointing

youtu.be/JGiaIPLbYt8
I think shit like this and a lot of moments in Adventure are why I liked Digimon more than most Saturday morning shows. I hated episodic formula and MotW formats kinda early as a kid.

>best waifumon is stuck in frontier limbo
;-;

Attached: DyNTTahV4AASNd3.jpg (700x600, 115K)

youtube.com/watch?v=2EMR15Fm48s
youtube.com/watch?v=nHYWMzaeDCs
Part wargreymon

nice
youtube.com/watch?v=02NL3sRG3Bw

I unironically learned to appreciate Ska because of this movie

Tamers, the original Digimon Movie and Our War Game are all pretty good standalone. Our War Game is also especially interesting if you've ever watched Summer Wars since that movie is HEAVILY (I fucking mean heavily) inspired by Our War Game.

I know
Was starting to run outta space lol
Thing is, Adventure and Tamers had more characters with more varied personalities, therefore it was easier for different parts of the audience to find something to like even if there was something to dislike, for example
>You dislike Matt for being a dick and separating from the group/always taking care of his lil' bro
>you find some of the other kids meh
>But hey look, Sora's character development is also going on in the smae episode, and she happens to be your favorite
Tamers had less main kids, but the Digimon were also more complex, bolstering the overall cast
But for example, in Savers
>Happen to dislike Masaru
>want to see him getting his shit kicked in
>You don't care for Touma and the others one iota
>And this week's episode is Masaru >Fuck
With a smaller cast, you have less chances of actually having someone you'd love, which is a factor when it come to fondly remembering something

But there's a lot of MotW in both Tamers, Adventure, and really every Digimon show

why does digimon still have soul

Nothing will ever top off this scene.
youtube.com/watch?v=ujjRJ4Gkmls

Attached: 1501735338725.jpg (558x529, 19K)

Summer Wars is frankly a better movie desu
I should watch Mirai, haven't gotten around to that one

the temptation to half-ass things because your product will always sell never came because they never were that successful

But at least there's a through line and development as the show goes on. Granted it's all about "fighting the new bad guy", but things progress eventually. It's like they're fighting the same dudes for eternity.

Because unlike Pokemon, Digimon can't coast around on popularity alone, so it needs to put in time and effort to make money

Also Digimon has realized that the only people who care about Digimon are adults, so they have switched to focus on that demographic

Whos your digibro Yea Forums?

Attached: ta.jpg (320x320, 79K)

IT'S BEEN

ONE WEEK SINCE YOU LOOKED AT ME

Attached: 1549255442403.png (350x272, 122K)

Digimon is a multi-billion dollar franchise. It's successful and popular. The difference with it is that it doesn't stick with any one formula, and so it has to constantly recontextualize how everything works while still making it "feel" like Digimon. After decades of doing it, they've become exceedingly efficient at it.

>he only has one

Attached: digipartner.png (2616x1329, 1.35M)

youtube.com/watch?v=1xDFWYt_pbY
IF WE TAKE OUR TIME
AND WE STICK TOGETHER

>会話 (Dialogue)
Will we recruit other digimon SMT style in this?

part metalgarurumon!

No? But if you have a smaller cast, more is expected from them to keep more parts of the audience engaged, the cast in Savers doesn't really evolve that much (or do that much outside of fucking bad guys up, which every Digimon series have)
I'm not saying they're bad, but rather that's one of the reasons Adventure and Tamers are remembered more fondly by certain fans

>Summer Wars is frankly a better movie desu
While I don't entirely disagree, I feel like Our War game had a better climax with Omnimon's birth compared to Natsuki's power up.
But Kenji solving that final math equation in his head in a few second with his nose bleeding will always be fucking great

>It's a fandub
What the fuck.

They said that dialogue choices can change how the story and battles progress, so I'd assume that the mid-battle choices would sometimes lead to at least temporarily recruiting some.

I don't know a ton about digimon, but I love the movie to death and I'm so happy to see the love it gets in these threads

They digivolve together to become!

Source me on that claim. Show me gameplay of it. My purchase depends on it.

The evolve at least as much as characters like Sora or Jian

And no, their character development is not necessary to keep the audience engaged if there are other elements the show has to offer. And there are. Savers has probably the tightest plot that the franchise has every had outside the CS games. It is paced much better than Tamers is, and unlike Adventure I wouldn't say it has any filler arcs either

>ReArise getting a global release soon
When

Definitely my main if I can get it in Digimon Story or Cybersleuth. I don't wanna spoil myself knowing that I can, to be honest. I like the surprise.

Attached: Guardromon_b.jpg (320x320, 31K)

i'll fuck you up sunshine

and yes mimi is my waifu

Attached: 1536068740732.png (320x320, 124K)

The jap twitter posted logos for the global release and said SOON

That was last May

>Togemon
My man. Good tastes.

Attached: digimon.png (1183x523, 433K)

God dammit. This thread makes me wanna play Hacker's Memory. That was on the backlog for a while, got like 5 hours in and stopped.

I wish they just made a straight up V-Tamer anime instead of doing garbage Adventure sequels

>Tfw haven't started it at all
I still wanna finish my dex in Cyber Sleuth

Attached: file.png (320x320, 110K)

OMNIMON

Attached: ae5fff7bf84c918df2b238d4786c4e355d58351b_hq.gif (500x278, 1022K)

Should I get Cyber Sleuth if I don't know shit about Digimon and haven't played any of the games since PS1?
I just like the idea of collecting monsters and leveling them up and them eventually evolving or transforming or whatever.

You can. It's a very casual friendly game and only features a handful of gimmicky Digmon. Just about every Digimon you saw in the PS1 games are in CS.

It's pretty good. If you want to collect and raise monsters, then this one is for you. It's very grindy but in a fun way.

CS is probably the least grindy game in the entire franchise barring the games with no RPG elements

I only played Cyber Sleuth and it was just okay, have these games gotten good yet or is it just for people fiending for Digimon stuff?

>Western names

Attached: 1561989020033.jpg (641x530, 51K)

Well I didn't say the audience, I said more parts of the audience
Savers is more bombastic and action packed and Despite's Masaru's main status, it doesn't' shit on the rest of the kids (they all reach Mega and BM)
Adventure and Tamers have wider appeal because of their bigger casts, which is what I'm getting at
The focus of the show is different from the others' more subdued tone, which is something the older fanbase might not have liked as much (therefore, going back to my point of those 2 being more popular among the fanbase)

Attached: 42.jpg (370x537, 40K)

Not that guy, but the absolute best translated dub (the Latin american one, holy shit those guys brought over everything, didn't censor jack shit and chose amazing VAs) used the NA names

some western names are honestly better. "omnimon" just isn't one of them.

I don't agree that having a bigger cast makes for a broader appeal. And even if it did, the cast of Savers is still pretty big. Miki, Megumi, Yushima, Satsuma, Chika, etc all have about as much presence as Hirokazu and Kenta

Based.

Attached: Mimi And Co.jpg (600x600, 243K)

When are they bringing the card game back tho

Fuck off I listened to the Latin American dub since you guys always talk about it, its fucking atrocious the only good thing about it is they kept the original sound track

I agree
I never counted Kazu and Kenta, hell, as far as I'm concerned Ryo doesn't exist
I'm not arguing series' quality or anything
I'm saying part of the reason Adventure and Tamers are more fondly remembered by the fanbase at large is because their cast of characters were handled better, they had more ups and downs
Every series focused on different things
Savers had the characters undergoing less growth but had more dynamic fighting and action oriented direction

>Having taste this bad
Just imagine

>I think there's a season where people fuse with their digimon, and a season where people want to fuck the fox.
Same season and also the best season

>The games current lack the multiple routes, or make a interesting cast for a change.
Pretty sure people also call it DeSu, because it was said somewhere your choices will affect how your mon will evolve and if some of the party members will survive or not.

With VN elements

>Calling South America "Latin America"

Just imagine trying to not be invisible

Attached: 1561640168055.png (383x257, 171K)

I dont really like omegamon, I like how the digivolutions before that have long and complicated names and then when they come together they have this short, simple name

It has a Grimgar vibe for me

I don't even agree with you about Adventure handling its cast better, but either way, again I really think you're overrating the value of characterization as a means of appeal and underestimating zeitgeist. Adventure and Tamers are as popular as they were not because of any objective qualities that they have (albeit they are good shows), but because they came out in the right place and time.

Savers came out in 2005-2006. The monster collecting fad had mostly died down by then, Digimon had already had a handful of bad shows and people were getting frustrated with the franchise. Seeing meme punchman with no goggles was probably still too gimmicky for most people to stomach even though ironically Savers is probably the least gimmicky show in the franchise apart from that, even Adventure had the crest and tag bullshit. The original fans were tired of it, and at the same time, it didn't do anything different enough to bring in any new fans. But hey, at least it got made at all. Stuff like Monster Rancher, Medarot, Robopon, all just straight up vanished and did not survive the end of the fad.

I like it actually.
It is the end all be all of that line it is the omega.

patrician taste
this bulky boy is is only behind justimon as the best digimon

Attached: justimon.jpg (500x283, 40K)

omegamon rolls off the tongue better. it also ties in better with alphamon, because the two biggest names in the royal knights are the alpha and the omega.

omegamon just makes sense since alphamon is out. before omnimon made sense in the movie because omnicious and alphamon wasnst established in dub yet

Is there one this high res that just has the main guy and Agumon?

Post more gifs and webms of the movies

The only one

Attached: kunemon.png (250x342, 75K)

digimonfags are fucking delusional
those two detective games were fucking trash

This so hard.

Attached: giphy.gif (500x300, 298K)

Attached: giphy (2).gif (500x378, 938K)

playing digimon world 3, if I use all three digimon in a fight is the exp split between them or do they all get the same amount

DIGIMON. DIGITAL MONSTERS.

To be fair, I recently rewatched the dub and it's actually pretty fucking bad. In fact, I think they had actual kids doing the voice work, or not very experienced actors, for a number of reasons; one of them (and the one that stuck with me) was that they sometimes just completely ignored punctuation, making some sentences sound pretty awkward

I would watch the hell out of this if it were an anime. It's funny how the digimon anime is still catering towards children but the games are targeting the older audience.

Didn't ask

I honestly feel like Survive is meant to be sort of a retake of the original show with an obviously darker tone.

just make digimon world 1 clones for pc already

Attached: giphy (1).gif (500x375, 823K)

I hope they will port Re:Digitize and Next 0rder for PC if Survive and CS/HM do well. Maybe people should let them know how much demand for those games there are or something.

They should really redub Digimon Adventure 01, or at least do a remake of it. Knowing Toei, they already have plans to do that.

Well Appmon game came out a month before Pokemon, and we saw how that turned out

Attached: source.gif (500x305, 441K)

Tamers captured the aesthetic the v-pets were going for. Toei needs to take the wax out of their ears and re-hire that man. The fanbase is in their 20's and 30's, so they wouldn't mind spooks.

Nobody gives a shit about Appmon and Pokemon wasn't constantly pissing off their fans at that time

anyone else agree that dub agumon in that first season sounded weird

Good news
Habu is bringing konaka kino back on the menu

Attached: 1562819220290.png (1152x416, 108K)

It's time.

Attached: ww4.png (633x758, 28K)

Habu is just asking Konaka about a fan question with that tweet because he doesn't feel qualified to answer it on his own. They're not working together on anything.

He's implying he got asked questions he can't answer on his own because they don't just deal with stuff he's worked on.