Play rain world

play rain world.

Attached: proxy.duckduckgo.com.jpg (1280x720, 172K)

Other urls found in this thread:

twitter.com/MoreSlugcats/status/1142503869949337607
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

ok about how long will that take?

no thanks, shill.

Fuck slugcats

Attached: Liggedslug.jpg (1280x960, 265K)

:(

Attached: 1561672493444.jpg (1024x846, 206K)

Death to scavs.

Attached: 20190718225049_1.jpg (1366x768, 129K)

Release DLC or expansion already. I won't replay otherwise.

how?

You don't have to replay it.
It's fine if you played through it once.
I befriended the scavs on my first playthrough.
They show up so frequently later that idk how you're supposed to survive if they hate you.

You don't have to replay it.
It's fine if you played through it once.
I befriended the scavs on my first playthrough.
They show up so frequently later that have no idea how you're supposed to survive if they hate you.

More Slugcats fucking doko

Cause a chain reaction and then pick off the survivors. I don't think there were any though.
Always keep something to distract them with on hand. Avoid detection and if you can't, find cover or bait their projectiles.
I guess avoiding Garbage Wastes would be smart because they are fucking everywhere there.

I think I'm already able to finish the game and I'm at subterranean's door but I haven't explored all areas yet, nor given all the pearls to that cute robot
Should I just finish the game and leave that for when I'm playing the hunter slugcat or finish it only after I see more of the game?

Attached: 1557851656528.jpg (1200x899, 591K)

hunter's got a time limit/cycle limit so it's maybe not the best for pure exploring unless you mod it out. it does however add a LOT of cool shit and new creatures and change around a lot of areas so it's very worth it.

i'd say just finish it, the ending is a hell of an experience.

I don't think there's much else to do other than collecting pearls and seeing the sights. Note that Hunter mode has a time limit (save gets deleted when it's up) and while it has a handful of lore tidbits not available to other characters, it's not a game mode where you can leisurely explore like Survivor or Monk. It also adds rape mode versions of regular enemies.

I did for a bit but I got to a point where the game just jumped between tedium and frustration, and I ended up stopping. I may go back to it someday though.

I finished the game without exploring Sky Islands much cause that place is hell.

Okay, then, I guess I'll see the rest of the world before
I just wish I didn't have to go back to the shoreline and its peaceful inhabitant

What's this game about?

It's an exploration driven 2D "survival" game where you play as a little animal caught in the middle of the foodchain, as in you're both prey and predator. The world is very alien and populated with creatures that are all going about doing their own thing to survive, so it's basically simulating an ecosystem. The fun of the game comes from exploring and all the emergent interactions that can happen while you explore, but there is an ultimate endgoal you can discover and work towards.

I hope that wasn't too many buzzwords.

Attached: 20181222232552_1.jpg (1920x1080, 304K)

I played a local coop mod for RW with a friend out of curiosity, we couldn't even survived the first cycle past the tutorial but we had great fun.
>teach friend how to play the game while continuously leaping above a lizard for fun
>friend nearly killed me when she tossed a rock at me and knocking me in front of said lizard

I did. It is really good, though I am terrible at it.

>twitter.com/MoreSlugcats/status/1142503869949337607
FUCKING WHEN

The only real weakpoint of the game is backtracking, going back the way you came from doesn't add anything and it's just annoying for the sake of being annoying.

I've become the survivor and found something called "twelve brackets and whatever", which increased my max karma chain but i have no idea what I'm doing now, just running from place to place

Within the next few months I hope, but I'm willing to bet it won't be out until next year

Follow the yellow eye while it's available, you'll eventually meet a character that tells you where to go.

EAT neurons

I seriously cannot figure out how the fuck you’re supposed to get around. Are squicadas required in Sky Islands short of crazy speedrunner acrobatics? I’m stuck in the safe room.

Depends on how much autism you spend on finding pearls. If you avoid that, maybe around 25-40 hours? A run per se is shorter, the estimation is factoring the getting gud part.

>Are squicadas required in Sky Islands short of crazy speedrunner acrobatics?

pretty much yeah, eating shrooms helps too

Any areas in Sky Islands that require Squidcadas to leap will have them nearby.

technically if you avoid going to moon, you dont have to backtrack once i believe

Mods are your friends. Get the infinite passages one.
That said, the point of the game is surviving while you move throught the areas, so abusing passages kind of defeats the point but might be useful if used sparsely.

Just eat mushroms, it is a way more reliable method.

delet

Guess I’ll do that. I always forget that the mushroom jump boost is massive.

I never really had to backtrack except going back from industrial to farm arrays at the end.
But i guess it heavily depends on what route you end up taking

I've been playing for a while and still have no idea what the fuck is going on mostly. But I guess I'll keep going. I know Hunter is very different but how's Survivor compared to Monk? Worth a playthrough after I'm done or should I just jump to Hunter?

Monk is just survivor but ez modo

10-15 first palythrough

Guess I'll leave Survivor for after Hunter then, to give time to cool off and see the different things Hunter has to offer.

so, how does death work in this game?
seems like a permanent thing but given how long the game is, it seems weird for it to be 1 death lose all

When you die you lose karma, whenever you successfully hibernate with a full stomach you go up 1 karma. Doors to other areas have a minimum karma level to pass through

Do you mean mechanically or thematically ?
Dying is not a big deal.

You die, you go back to the last hibernation room
Super simple

Survivor is standard mode
Monk is easy mode and happen after Survivor
Hunter is hard mode (you have only a certain amount of cycles to do things after which things will get incredibly difficult) and happen before Survivor

Not having any idea what’s going on is expected and the correct way to play.

You just lose karma when you die. Dying lowers karma by 1 and brings you back to previously used safe room, whereas surviving to a safe room and hibernating raises it by 1. If you die at lowest possible karma level it doesn't do anything negative, so you shouldn't be too afraid of dying other than when you need to pass through karma gates.

Only permadeath gameplay feature is the hardmode Hunter character who's locked behind completing the game once on easy or normal mode. You get a limited number of hibernation cycles to complete the game with Hunter; if you go above that and die it deletes that run.

Backtracking didn’t bother me much except for trying to get pearls through shoreline.