Ah.... perfection

Ah.... perfection

Attached: Pokémon HeartGold_SoulSilver.jpg (600x800, 288K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/2XjouKSkSeM
youtube.com/watch?v=DH7NSI2UtSI
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Never need to buy another pokemon game, it never gets better than this.

HGSS
Platinum
B2W2

Holy trinity of Pokémon

HGSS is anything but perfect

I wish I could play them on the switch

Based and goodtastepilled

based
Also this. Nintendo are fucking idiots for not releasing old Pokemon games on thw Switch. I'd rather buy HGSS, Platinum or B2W2 than SwSh.

It's got heart and it's got soul.

>lowest selling games on the series
>good
no

No pokemon game is perfect its literally babbys first jrpg. Play something that's actually good like Digital Devil Saga or Lucifers call.

two posts in and a good thread already ruined by a fucking unovabort

>sales=quality
Based retard, back to Fifa you absolute moron.

>no emerald

Opinion discarded

Post the best song
youtu.be/2XjouKSkSeM

it's almost like there's an inverse relationship in quality and sales. i wonder why that could be...

*tips fedora*
Why yes, user! I do agree that pokemon is fot children, an adult such as myself deserves a mature game with a mature story such as the games from the Shin Megami Tensei™ series!

video games are toys for children. the sooner you accept that fact, the sooner you can just enjoy pokemon like the rest of us

Fixed for (you) OP

Attached: images (70).jpg (530x299, 46K)

Emerald should be there, probably instead of Platinum.

fucking retard lmao

I prefer the original. The remakes took all the soul out of the game

youtube.com/watch?v=DH7NSI2UtSI

I seriously hope none of you ever post the remixed Ecruteak version of this track trying to convince anons that HGSS didn't actually make a 101/10 recreation of the original.

a shame those lack either

Inb4 seething trumpet toddlers

The remakes gave it even more soul

>12m for HGSS
>8m for Pt
>8m for B2W2
Fucked up that idiots are so delusional as to think that this is a "low" amount of sales.

Relied on Kanto pokemon way too much. Johtos dex felt underdeveloped and underused.

>kept all the charm of the originals
>helped bring the rural japanese aesthetic to life
>added tons of great features like pokemon following you
>physical special split existing
>the key item you get post game that lets you swap the music for the original music from HGSS, plus retro-arrangments of the new tracks using the original GBC soundfont
No soul though

Johto's problem wasn't underdeveloped, it was that most new pokemon were very obscurely placed, and a signficant number of Johto pokemon were only found in Kanto for some fucking reason, meaning you couldn't even use pokemon like Houndoom or Marcargo until postgame.

>pokenerds pretending they wont but the newest games as soon as it comes out because of muh controversee

Attached: 1548697105876.jpg (431x450, 70K)

They fixed that in the remakes.

gen 3 is the slowest worst gen even if it introduced a lot of good small things

I didn't buy LGPE, I won't buy SwSh. Keep coping shill.

Not really. The overall distribution and pokemon used by trainers is the same. You can get Johto pokemon earlier but you have to go out of your way to the safari zone to get them, which is fairly late.

>plus retro-arrangments of the new tracks using the original GBC soundfont
You're fucking joking

I always assumed they just defaulted back to new songs in those areas

>B2W2
You were doing well until this.

Hoenn fucking sucks

Sure if you're a zoomer.

The only problem I have with Platinum is the retarded honey trees. I was going for a bug-only team and that shit fucked me over really bad. Having to wait fucking hours (advancing the clock doesn't work) just to have a small chance to get Heracross, Combee or Burmy was fucking stupid as hell and a massive waste of time.

The rest of the game is great though, definitely one of the best.

black was better than black 2
mario galaxy was better than mario galaxy 2
super mario was better than super mario 2

nintendo can't into direct sequels

>BW1 better than 2
Yikes.

Nope, they did retro-arrangements of some new areas.
There's a GB Sounds remix of Global Terminal and Route 47, for example, but not one for the Battle Frontier.

Based. Falseflagging Unovabortions seething at the truth. It's not even attacking your lame gen, you morons.

Good thing Nintendo didn't develop Black 2 then.

all of the DS games are fucking trash. they play sluggish as hell and have no soul. silver, gold & crystal are way better than the remakes on DS because they dont make you wait 5 seconds in a loadscreen animation each time a fight starts. 2nd gen is my favorite by far btw, but I can't stand playing anything on DS. fast-forwarding ruins the music so fuck that too.

>b2w2
dumb unovabortion
kill yourself

>gen 5
How's high school treatin ya, kiddo?

Nice hot take, retarded nostalgiafag

>nothing but kanto pokemon
>region is shittier than kanto and much easier

Why wouldn't I just play a gen 1 game?

Ultimate taste

Gen 5 isn't sluggish.

As remakes? Yeah, but as a game it lacks.
The whole Kanto thing is a mess, you start finding Pokemon level 15 and 10, with your team that just beat the elite!
Are you supposed to start a new like the Pokemon anime? Well, that can't be because the trainers are still around level 40 and so. So you just one shot every wild encounter and don't have a chance at training the new mons

I don't think BW1 is better than BW2 but BW1 definitely has a better OST.

Will Pokemon ever be good again?

No. Next question!

Not unless they fire that idiot director

>Play black 2 for the first time
>Content literally everywhere
>So many details, so many daily events, changing based on the time of the day, the day of the week and the in game season
>Beautiful and detailed pixel art
>Great variety of wild pokemon to build your team with
>Level curve designed perfectly, you are never overlevelled and never have to grind
>Some interesting trainers and sets too
>No bullshit story wasting time
This game is soul incarnate, I feel really bad that I stopped buying pokemon games at BW, because BW2 are easily the best vanilla pokemon games

found the zoomer

>liking a good game makes you a zoomer

Stupid DSfag

>Beautiful and detailed pixel art
>No bullshit story wasting time
These are completely wrong.

Seethe more faggots. They're some of the best games in the series, that's a fact.

>Does literally everything wrong
>But because you're underage you think they're amazing

explain

If you don't like oras your opinion doesn't mean shit.

>you're underage
Why is that the only "argument" you ever use?

Ultrasun is a good game but the fact it's got some Facebook simulation elements is kinda disheartening. Furthermore, I'd like to let everybody on the thread know that I still jack off every now and then over hentai of Blue

Attached: blue_pokemon_special_and_etc_drawn_by_redpoke.jpg (1000x1600, 590K)

>let's take Emerald and make the games uglier and then remove the Battle Frontier for 1 hour of post game content.

>And then improve literally everything else.
Also the games look great what are you talking about? Emerald didn't look good at all compared to fr/lg either.

Seeing Pokemon go from 2D to 3D has turned me into a graphics fag. The games are so ugly that I actively dislike playing them.

>Muh frontiet I never actually played.
Here we gooooo.

" y-youre a cringe zoomer!!!!"
Cope.

>Does literally everything wrong
So literally every mainline Pokemon game
According to you, no one ever used the Battle Frontier even though this board is home to the most 100% min-maxing autists you'll ever see

Attached: 1418022221795.png (294x227, 66K)

>Focus on story bullshit which detracts from the core emphasis the series is known for and should be about, which is encouraging you to catch all the Pokemon and become Pokemon champion
>Starters are all trash
>Attempted to "start fresh" with all new Pokemon but the vast majority of them looked like shit
>Sprite animations are tweened and rotated garbage that makes the game look like absolute shit
>C-Gear is completely fucking useless
>Region is railroaded as fuck, is a fucking circle
>Literally half of the region is inaccessible until the postgame
>Protagonist designs were ugly as sin
>Triple and Rotation Battles are memes and fucking terrible
>Red, black, and white dominates the color palette and makes the game look lifeless and ugly
>Reusable TMs completely destroy their value
>The postgame content desperately tries to hide how lacking the main campaign is but can't do it
>Music and locations are completely forgettable, there's not a single catchy song or worthwhile place in the entire game
Gen 5 was garbage.

Because the only people who think gen 5 is the best are underage zoomers who wouldn't know a good Pokemon game if it smacked them in the face.

>Because the only people who think gen 5 is the best are underage zoomers who wouldn't know a good Pokemon game if it smacked them in the face.
but there isn't a good Pokemon game

Attached: 1546916006255.gif (83x130, 3K)

>gen 4 Pokemon and evolutions
I don't think so

Attached: woman-with-red-hair-and-gray-shirt-with-hand-to-her-mouth-and-vomit-bowl(1).jpg (587x766, 75K)

>According to you,
Did you bother to breed, iv and ev train pokemon for the battle frontier?
Fuck you. Don't make shit up just to have something to nitpick about you child.

>Because the only people who think gen 5 is the best are underage zoomers who wouldn't know a good Pokemon game if it smacked them in the face.
My first Pokémon game was Red. I've played all mainline games. B2W2 are easily in the top 3.

>31 years old
>child
As said, not only do you underestimate autism, but it's also funny how Pokefags want something removed instead of reincorporating it in a game where breedfagging the perfect team isn't as time consuming as it used to be compared to older gens

Attached: 1544157008380.jpg (473x512, 29K)

>in a game where breedfagging the perfect team isn't as time consuming as it used to be compared to older gens
Pokemon meta fags are cancer, so if anything min-maxing should be more time-consuming so that they hopefully fuck off.

We're not going anywhere

Attached: 7ea96c64214ced0c646a87b4ce2dd3a8.gif (499x439, 13K)

>Starters are all trash
>protagonist designs were ugly as sin
Alright now you're just a baiting

I could make a paragraph going into how this game is not perfect but some autistic johtoddler will greentext it and debate every single point to try to convince me that my opinion is wrong

In terms of creature design which generation is best?

How did these remakes have more soul than the original games?

Attached: 1554944943675.jpg (1098x1198, 139K)

That sounds like literally every mainline Pokemon game
At it's core they're all basically the same shit

absolute patrician taste

Definitely. These were the last good Pokémon games ever made. Flaws and all, these are filled to the brim of soul that dwarfs later games.

Attached: 1493520410875.png (1564x2925, 1022K)

This. I'll never understand what people see in platinum, I feel like emerald was a much better game.

Personally gen 3 has my favorite designs but that's going to get shit on

BW2 is better

>Here is a list of what I disliked from those games, I rather buy Sword and Shield bc Gamefreak knows what is doing

Gen 2 is shit

Pic unrelated?

Replace HGSS with Emerald.

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 78K)

1 or 3

HGSS
Platinum
Emerald

Fuck off Unovabortion

I would say that Emerald, Platinum, and B2W2 (Black 2 more specifically) are the best of the mainline series because they offer what I always wanted from a pokemon game since the beginning: a decent difficulty curve, plenty of side-content, and a large variety of useful pokemon allowing for good party variation and fun replays.

Attached: logan-cure-pokemon-generations-2.jpg (1225x761, 316K)

Ahh... perfection

Attached: HGSS_Misty.png (520x1041, 288K)

Unironically 6. It has the best good-to-trash ratio in the entire series

Attached: 9a3ce879ae219b8fe975e2c059c3b92d0d089aa2r1-920-497v2_uhq.jpg (920x497, 100K)

I want lugia to sit on my face

You forgot the best Frontier, which is Emerald's

All of those are completely true and valid but atleast they tried to do something different I commend them for that.

1 but I have a soft spot for 2.

based

pirated LPGE, got to the third gym and never played it again

very shitty game

>tfw lost my chance to buy this game when it was still in print 9 years ago

Probably my biggest regret.

Attached: 1471621443676.jpg (622x409, 168K)

Just emulate it on your phone.

It's funny realizing now that the Gen 1 starters had fangs whilst at best Gen 3 starters had skin fangs

stay deluded retarded faggot

>Hey Bob, how have you been? Meet my wife and kids
>DUDE HAVE YOU CHECKED OUT Digital Devil Saga OR Lucifers Call?

>a remake
>late-gen remaster game
>late-gen remaster game
it's as if those always sell less than the initial games of a new generation

Attached: 1520629472017.jpg (600x800, 96K)

Slow as fuck
Still has fucked level curve
Still shit selection of pokes until postgame

this

>Literally named SOUL silver

Attached: 1521924267768.gif (500x606, 2.92M)

>Muh Shit Megoomi TensGay!
Why are these faggots so insufferable?

absolutely patrician choice

HGSS sucks and doesn't fix anything wrong with johto

>posting the ironically soulless versions of the actual perfection

for shame

You can.

Attached: paperclip.jpg (470x313, 13K)

You take that back about Triple Battles. 1v1 is trash garbage. Also Reusable TM's are the best thing Gamefreak ever did, the value is you get to teach moves and you aren't fucked if you use a TM and decide later that you wanted that move on somebody else.