Ristar

This games fucking great. As someone who fucking hates Mario and sonic this was an absolute blast. What's Yea Forums's thoughts on it?
Also HOLY FUCK he needs to be in smash

Attached: images (2).png (265x148, 7K)

He needs a new game

I agree, underrated character who should be revived and be in smash.

Finally some good fucking taste in here.

Attached: Thumbs-up.jpg (1280x720, 342K)

I don't know you but I like you already.
Ristar 2, Sega! WHERE IS IT

Found out about it in Mega Collection, now one of my favourites. Would play a 3D sequel though I hardly trust Sega to make it, and they missed the opportunity with the Wii which would have been perfect for it.

Attached: 1521233705599.gif (100x132, 100K)

it's a cool game. can sometimes feel a little slow and clunky but good for its time. if you like it then I recommend Dynamite headdy, klonoa, mischief makers and drill dozer.

Cancelled decades ago

>Tfw you're still waiting for it

Attached: SEGAAAAAAA.png (639x476, 110K)

Ristar wasn't even a racer in Sonic & Sega all-stars. He's never coming back boys. At best, maybe he will get a cameo in a Sonic Mania follow-up

Great recommendations user. As someone who owned the original Ristar, I also love Mischief Makers, Drill Dozer, and Klonoa. I somehow never really considered Dynamite Headdy but I see it’s made by Treasure so I’ll give it a playthrough.

I’d also add on a big recommendation for OP to play Rocket Knight Adventures and Sparkster (its sequel)

Attached: 42CA7ED6-C254-4E44-91EE-903AF4F7FED7.jpg (773x707, 71K)

I want a Sonic Mania-esque sequel by a talented fan team which revisits some planets and goes to new ones

He was a one-off character made by SEGA back when everyone was making platforms because that was what sold. It's not a bad game but it's not even an IP, it's just a forgotten gem.

Ristar has about the same chance of being brought back as, say, Burning Rangers. Even with SEGA reviving old IPs recently, the chances are low.

The next series SEGA will necro will probably be either Jet Set Radio or NiGHTS. Maybe even Skies of Arcadia?

At least Super Monkey Ball is back, sure it's a remake, but it's the first console release since 2012.

>Rocket Knight is owned by Konami
Suffering
>even if Konami was making games, the refresh sequel was complete garbage and they’ll never make another
Greater suffering

SEGA has given us a console Valkyria Chronicles, Sonic Mania made by fans, Streets of Rage 4 by its original composers + names like Hideki Naganuma, a Yakuza universe spin-off with independent dub and sub translation, a Sakura Taisen with Kubo designs and even a goddamned Panzer Dragoon remake. Clearly nothing is off the table.

Attached: __sega_dreamcast_sega_mega_drive_and_sega_saturn_sega_hard_girls_drawn_by_komedaisuki__3c3e01e7e3f68 (600x542, 363K)

> Panzer Dragoon remake
Panzer Dragoon Saga re-release fucking WHEN?

Ristar, Dynamite Headdy and Rocket Knight Adventures/Sparkster were my holy Genesis trinity outside of Sonic.

If the remakes sell well I don't see why it couldn't happen. They bothered enough to make Orta a backward compatible title in 4K in the Xbox One, obviously they care about the IP enough.

> SEGA
> Treasure
> Konami
Two shit vompanies and a dead company. Like poetry.

same

>Basically guaranteed for All Star Racing 3
>TSR probably put the series in its grave

Attached: 1415633476276.png (536x348, 319K)

You're starting to discover that Sega games are just flat out better than everything else OP, good. Keep going, you won't be disappointed.

Too bad that supposed sequel never ended up being a thing

omg ur so speshul for hating mario and sonic uwu

Wasn't he flag man in the second game?

I wouldn't go that far but I will admit that SEGA is the best publisher and overall developer this generation.

Yes. That's it, not even a racer.

If you're playing Dynamite Headdy for the first time, I highly recommend the English translation of the Japanese release because the original US release gutted anything resembling plot and arbitrarily increased the difficulty.

>tfw we could have had Sonic Unleashed's Werehog play like Ristar since he had stretchy arms but instead we got a watered down God of War clone with only a tiny bit of Ristar elements thrown in

Of all the wasted opportunities Sonic's had over the years, this is probably the biggest one. A new game is a never ever but this could've been a nice consolation prize at least.

Attached: 1538767289345.jpg (376x473, 258K)

I thought it was fucking amazing, and just remembering it makes me want to replay it again soon.