Is regarded as the undisputed worst game in the series with shit hunter arts

>Is regarded as the undisputed worst game in the series with shit hunter arts
>Rumors were true about World being a multiplat except on Nintendo
>"GU IS ACTUALLY THE BEST GAME IN THE SERIES NEXT TO FU IT'S HONESTLY THE DEFINITIVE GAME"
So was this game actually slept on or are the people praising it all of the sudden only doing so because world isn't on Switch? It's half of right now so I'm considering buying it.

Attached: mhgu.png (1000x563, 1.07M)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DiLOx51xdzw
youtube.com/watch?v=GPtEfYGXq_8
youtube.com/watch?v=UfhOdM65HA8
youtube.com/watch?v=TfAF_FLEVfA
youtube.com/watch?v=x4H6R-Ziawo
isosland.net/viewtopic.php?t=1177
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Tri is the worst though

If you ignore the shitposters and worldbabbies,you'll find that GU is genuinely slept on.

>Good amount of monsters
>Still active online
>Grank
>Fantastic weapon/armour designs.

>mhxx on switch will outsell world
Switchfags on suicide watch

>>Still active online
online is dead, especially low and high rank.

Literally this, removal of so many weapons for no reason, and the whole water combat bullshit made for a god awful shit of a game.

GUbabs genuinely believed the pastas about the great maccao

I unironically think it's the best MH in the series. Only real issues I have is

Deviants all having the same music
Not 60 fps
High G Rank rooms just filled with bowguns, valor LS, and GS users
Playing Hammer in a group is pure cancer because of reworked Weakness Exploit skill
Barely any LR or HR rooms, but G Rank rooms are just mainly Deviant rooms
EX Deviants + Hypers seemed to be balanced around Valor and Adept Style
Not enough equipment sets

3U>P3RD>FU>MHW>MH4U>MHGEN/XX

These are the once I played and generations is the worst for me.

yet the game was still too hard for nintendo players even with the new monster stamina mechanic so they had to make every game thereafter even easier.

Aren't the easiest Portable 3rd and World, neither of which is on a Nintendo console? This is just shit bait right?

Tri is slow as shit though and nearly as basic as the original MH, the ones that came after were an improvement not made easier. I would agree Gen and World have been made easier though due to arts/mantles.

>Good amount of monsters
Over half of them are shitmons like Yian Kut-Ku and Velocidrome

>3U
Literally the only reason why I bought a WiiU and still the only game I own for it and Zelda because I fucking hate playing on 3DS. I must have put a good 1500+ hours in to my 3U file too.

>but G Rank rooms are just mainly Deviant rooms
NO I WILL NOT DO THOSE BULLSHIT EX QUESTS WITH YOU AND YOUR CARRIED ASS
This shit is infinitely more infuriating that G140 quests in 4U

Attached: 1544704501820.jpg (480x480, 62K)

any time world actually has any hard content like extreme behemoth you whine about how "it isn't fair," whatever the hell that means. one of you fags even said you beat it yesterday and said it was easy but just posted a screenshot they found on imgur.

>join a turns room
>chill and hunt random G rank quests
>THAT guy ruins it and posts EX Mitsu

I just want to fucking have fun with Axe mode only Swaxe

I thought Aerial IG was pretty fun

>Take turns posting quest
>NOOOO NOT THAT QUEST FUCK YOU FAGGOT

So this is the precious sense of "community" GUtards keep talking about?

G rank is the only online that matters. If you clear the village quests you can easily solo Low and High online.

Feels like I’m in a fucking time machine. Everyone knows world is cazzy trash, everyone knows the monster hunter fan base is shit. Let’s move on

I like Arts
I wish World had them instead of shitty mantles

>just solo 60 hours of content to be able to play online
based

Arts would have been better if they only had weapon-specific ones

Mantles are lame but arts and styles are awful and I'm glad that like swimming they're never coming back.

Zinogre confirmation when?

Attached: 61951960.jpg (1500x1061, 739K)

>I played this on 3DS my pal had the WiiU version (I was always jelous of it, as it looked better and you could use a normal controler). We always met up at his place, drank eat and hunted monsters. It was one of the best games in my life, still miss it. Playing MHGenU is not the same anymore...

yeah a few faggots trying to post an EX quest trying to get carried to have a pretentious red crown next to their name defines the whole community you dumb nigger

Early August.
If you believe in the cookies leak, it's already confirmed.

It’s not though, that’s just your pissant opinion.

>yeah man this game is actually really hard only a week every 5 months though haha

>Kut-ku
>Shit
Get the fuck out of here you degenerate faggot.

The only problem with GU is the hordes of fags like above talking constant shit trying to smear it. It's actually blessed. One of the best bang for buck on Switch and one of the most busy online also after things like Splatoon. They need to cope and seethe and dilate.

Do you actually think I'm complaining about people posting the quest they want to do and not faggots like you for crying about people wanting to be "carried?"

Big yikes

Attached: 1540238913061.jpg (600x500, 53K)

new trailer when?

>Try out Valor SnS
>Holy shit this is fucking fun I'm flipping all over the place what's that I'm slightly out of the monster's range let me just FIX tha-
>Keep getting fucking tripped by any weapon with a long reach.
Why did they make it like this

>Yikes
>that spacing
Go back.

>post a fact about the state of its online
>i'm trying to smear it

Attached: hamster.jpg (497x363, 24K)

Any MH game is good.
The series has literally never produced a bad game.
Just buy it if you like MH.

what fact did you post?

>Switch
>cope and seethe and dilate.
Holy shit, you're a nigger faggot.

Attached: 1547478262131.gif (393x561, 1.55M)

>Is regarded as the undisputed worst game in the series
>actually is disputed
Caught the dumb, did ya?

Extreme Behemoth + the AT monsters make world the hardest non-G rank game in the series in terms of endgame content.

Because it's a retarded fact. So fucking shit LR and HR are dead in a G game, this has happened 100% of the time in every G game.

Gen, 1, and maybe 2 are trash. You can play everything else.

But the online community in GU is shit.
Things started to getting worse with 4U, and now it's a shitfest compared to the FU and Tri/3U days.
The online system is the same as old MH games, but the mentality has definitely changed. People lost their etiquette.

I've been playing MH since the original with my brother as kids. Even got our parents to buy another PS2 so we could play together online, we've played every MH game up to World now. He only ever played on 3DS, but I played on WiiU so he used to come over and hook up.

Gen 1 was pretty much excused for being the first one.
Second gen, despite a lot of bullshit with the monsters, it's fine.

Boot up GU, try to find a lobby, set the HR preference to 1-3, post results. I would do it myself but I'm at my job.

I beat 3U a year after its release and could find plenty of low rank and high rank lobbies for most monsters. And that was a Wii U title for gods sake.

List of problems with GU:

>Arts and Styles are horribly balanced. Special mention goes to Absolute Readiness, which trivializes positioning atop of restoring 10 sharpness points, essentially invalidating Evade Extender AND the newly-introduced Bladescale Honing.
>Aerial can dodge 99% of the entire roster's moveset and the learning curve to i-frame with the boost jump is not harsh enough.
>Adept can dodge virtually any attack, and the sprint afterwards lets you move away from further attacks.
>Valor can brace virtually any attack even at 1hp left, and the health loss doesnt even bother anyone remotely competent with MH. Valor LS and HBG make 4U CB look reasonably balanced by comparison.
>By far the worst skill balancing in the series, surpassing rawstacking in 4U. Weakness Exploit is reverted back to its P3rd effect and the newly introduced Critical Boost adds 15%+ more damage to critical hits(this is huge). The critmeme meta basically melts regular monsters under five minutes, whereas past titles lasted fifteen minutes on regular hunts.
>Charm grind still as bad as 4U, but you now play the Brachydios gacha for charms instead of GQs or the Heaven's Mount secret area. Power gap between average and godly charms remains too wide.
>Even more ridiculous monster power creep because fuck you, use Valor HBG. Especially Lagiacrus, who gets the new Thunder Bite attack to fuck over traditionalists harder.
>Hypers are bloated garbage that are mandatory for weapon upgrades and exclusive armor pieces. Especially Hyper Silver, whose waistpiece has 8+ Critical Boost.
>Save for Gammoth and Mizutsune, the flagship designs look bad and are reminiscent of Frontier's legendarily amateur designs. Special mention goes to Valstrax, whose physiology is more akin to a biomechanical creature from some trashy B-tier action game, than a sorcerous animal like most elder dragons.

Feel free to add to the list.

P3rd is, you cretin.

>People lost their etiquette.
That's just the current online community regardless of what you're playing or where you're posting like social media sites etc.

I've been soloing the entirety of GU but I can't for the life of me kill Crimson Fatalis on time. I have a HA set centered around Dragon damage, and after trying a few times I did a run that was pretty much flawless, with no carts and no major fuck ups but I still didn't have enough time to kill the fucker. Am I missing something?

>dead
On what planet is it dead. Sheer shitposting by extra chromosome guy

just 3 changeable movesets through Styles would have been great

you're in every one of your stories.
>Boot up GU, try to find a lobby, set the HR preference to 1-3, post results
I fucking will

MHXX was pretty garbo yeah. Weapon arts or whatever the fuck they were called just ruined the game. Shit was just too easy with invul frame spamming and it absolutely destroyed any balance in weapons. Game would have been great without them.

remember not to take the bait

Attached: 1563736735303.png (1571x2725, 1011K)

The last point makes no sense as a whole, since the first part is true for every game since Frontier itself. And Valstrax is just Gore with Khezu head arms.

It would be a great game in my book if it wasn't locked to 30 fps. There was no reason to do that, and even MH4U was unlocked on 3DS and the difference is VERY noticable.

Post demon diablos time, honestly at least everything in that game felt somewhat viable unlike every other game

I just want that "pic related" comes back, and i can solo any fucking mission except:
>Beat 4+ monster in a small arena.
fuck those.

Attached: Gogmazios.jpg (1151x694, 76K)

>The critmeme meta basically melts regular monsters under five minutes, whereas past titles lasted fifteen minutes on regular hunts.
Ah yes, nobody was sub-5ing Monster before Gens.

4U didn't have crossplay with a console and its worst frame dips were worse than the ones in Gen/GU

>listfag 2.0
Yeah, get reported and fuck off.

Etiquette is a two way street. You can't try to keep the old ways of taking turns and shit but when someone posts a quest you don't like they're just some scrub looking to get carried or whatever.

Um excuse me, that is Listposter's subspecies.

It's amazing how refined of a port 3U Wii U was compared to GU

>Could type during a hunt
>UI elements weren't pixelated assets taken directly from the 3DS game
>Framerate wasn't locked at 30

Can you cite what source you have that backs up the "it's only 30 due to crossplay" meme? 3U had crossplay and both versions ran at vastly different framerates in a lot of areas. 4U on old and new 3DS models ran at vastly different framerates as well. GU runs on the same engine as 4U so obviously they didn't just magically re-program the game to be dependent on framerate. It was just a stability change to make the game seem to run smoother on original 3DS models. They just never bothered to remove it when they ported it like they didn't bother to do a lot of things.

I notice in GU more than anywhere else people blame the game for their own incompetence. Like saying it has no online when they are too thick to work out how to search. Saying they hate flexing animation when they are too shit to drink as punish. Saying they hate how the monster flies away then they have to spend 10 minutes looking for monster when they refuse to use paintballs, etc. Total shit for brains.

I agree with most of these save for the whole "you need a god charm". The power gap really isn't isn't that big. All sets I have seen with a godcharm had 10% more crit. All you need in GU is a charm that can give you 10 weakness exploit, 20% crit, or Repeat Offender by itself (sockets included).

I really couldn't care less when the overall experience was still miles better. And we are talking about the Switch version here, there is no reason to lock THAT version. You can say it was because of the crossplay gimmick all day, I don't give a fuck. There is no way there was no way around it. Capcom was just shit and lazy.

>Devs promise there is no G-rank
>HR version comes out in the west
>Mixed reception, half dislike it it, half tolerate it, very very few actually LIKE it. General consensus of series stagnation. People were honest with their opinions because it was still released on a Nintendo platform.
>Oh look at that, there will be a G-rank after all! Devs lied to you, no biggie haha!
>No news on western XX release for the longest time
>World is announced, suddenly World is "shit" and Gen is "the best game ever OMG so good! MORE ARTS, MORE STYLESS GIMME GIMME". Revisionist history in full force, dishonesty everywhere due to console warring.
>GU took so fucking long that World came out months before it
>Switch-only release, ditching 3DS players for literally no apparent reason. Introducing obligatory paid online with it. Shit port at it too, as bad as PS3's P3rd port, pixelated inconsistent UI, 30fps and bad framepacing.

I have never seen a bigger fuck-up of a game. Now with World's record sales we can all say: Good riddance XX, and never come back.

Attached: 1533482426489.png (520x678, 514K)

>ditching 3DS players for literally no apparent reason
The 3DS deserves to be fucking driven into it's grave that's why

>Capcom hates bingtendies
Wtf I love XX now?

>with World's record sales
Selling three million in Japan is record-worthy now?

Styles sounded cool but in practice I wasn't much of a fan. Mostly due to the fact that the moveset for weapons got tweaked for each styles and it wouldn't be apparent what got changed or added or removed, so you'd have to learn a weapon all over every time you tried a new style.

Did you not get the memo that World has officially become the best selling Capcom game ever or something?

mhw is just too comfy i can´t go back at playing low poly hunter

Japs didn't care for MHXX either. So now you're going to tell me jap opinion doesn't really matter then, right?

Attached: mhxx.jpg (1213x571, 221K)

You clearly don't understand the horseshit tedium that are the EX deviants. They deserve an entire room dedicated to doing only that quest due to the amount of attempts it takes to beat them with anything other than a highly coordinated group of colleagues. Posting one out of the blue in a turns room with randoms is more rude than calling the person who posted it an entitled nigger then kicking them.

Capcom games have pretty much always done well overseas. Do you think foreign money doesn't feel just as crisp?

No, did YOU get the memo that World undersold in the only region Monster Hunter is relevant at?

Attached: 1563804770527.jpg (1056x289, 125K)

AT bullshit. Just give me a subspecies or deviant for my endgame challenge, dying to the same shitty wyvern in 1 hit because "IT'S ENDGAME" just makes me feel so cheated as a player, and equivocally renders all of my tangible progress from the moment I encountered [non tempered mook] since nothings changed. He killed me in one hit when I first ran into him and now he does so again what have I even been doing

Sounds like you're just casual.

rooms bursting at the seams 24/7 = dead online

Attached: 22jul'19QuicksearchActiveRooms.png (410x3226, 3.3M)

Like pottery.

>"It's not hard, it's just unfair!"
>"Oh except when my deviant does it it's actually BASED KINO COMFY!!!!"

Both.
4U is the best game in terms of performance, visuals and balance.
But GU offers a fuckton of variety and plays pretty well.
World is fun in its own way since, despite the easiness of monsters and their relative lack of variety, the environmental mechanics give every monsters a longer half-life since hunting them is no longer as repetitive and hunts can become pretty significantly different depending on where you find a monster, how they react to your actions and how they use the environment to either escape or ambush you. That's not even including invading monsters or turf wars changing things up.
I have high hopes for Iceborne to merge the best of all worlds (though we probably won't get STyles back, I really like GL Valor)

>the only region Monster Hunter is relevant at
>when all the other regions bought it more and it broke record
Ok, and I thought for a second that seething nintendornes were just a boogeyman made up by Yea Forums, but here you are proving me wrong about that.

That's because Japs were already suffering from 4thGen fatigue and want to move onto the next generation.

Two years later, we are STILL due for a fifth generation and that has not arrived yet, because of a spinoff title hogging the series.

Based.

Except now MH is relevant in more regions now than ever.
>World isn't 5th gen because it doesn't have a number on it
The absolute STATE of bings

reminder frontier(taiwan) is free 2 play until it dies

>due to the amount of attempts it takes to beat them with anything other than a highly coordinated group of colleagues

b-b-b-but I thought arts and s-s-styles highly trivialised and casualised the g-game? youre saying the team needs to actually be g-g-good at monster h-h-hunter?

>undersold
>a little less than p3rd, the best-selling game of the series in Japan
>on a console with half the users the PSP had
>while achieving the kind of market penetration CEOs cream their pants at

Also like pottery:
>I'M WILLINGLY GOING TO IGNORE THE FACT THAT DEVIANTS HAD DIFFERENT MOVES BECAUSE I LIKE TO SHITPOST!
it's just a boring, sterile game MHW. None of the monsters are interesting, none of the gear is interesting, none of the community is interesting (the lobby system fucking bugs me), it's just...Monster Hunter catered to the world. Nothing shines if it's all the same finish

you still waiting for a room to come up?

>default is Pokke Village
ABSOLUTELY FUCKING BASED

No the great Maccao meme is very real

I miss him bros, unironically.

Attached: file.png (1280x720, 773K)

You're the one bitching about how endgame monsters move faster and can one shot. That's exactly what the fucking deviants do only they have 1 or 2 new moves, but that makes it okay somehow.

already did it here:
do keep up

So glad swimming is dead.

What are you talking about? 3U definitely runs at 30. Try just rotating the camera while standing still and tell me that is 60 fps.

4 is the best one
World is the worst one (not counting first generation because obvious reasons)

You are not allowed to criticize Hellblade unless you provide a nofaint proof of your EX Hellblade.

Also, bringing up the OC donutsteel subspecies automatically nulls your argument.

It wasn't locked at 30. I never said it was 60 because it wasn't most of the time.

Bad post. Swimming was great.

Lmao world fetuses can't list

>So was this game actually slept on or are the people praising it all of the sudden only doing so because world isn't on Switch?
I can't speak for GU (since I don't own a Switch) but as someone who enjoyed Gen, I'd say it's both.

Attached: F8cUySu.jpg (1920x1079, 602K)

Because it's different are you fucking daft? That's why it's acceptable because it's at least different. It's like every step of the way with Monster Hunter games you'll get one thing but lose something else, they stopped doing deviants in favor of tempered which is just the same blue gunk smear they used for hyper monsters before which was also lazy. Now for the "challenge" I don't even get a slightly different move? By all accounts that's just artificial difficulty, the numbers are being fudged to spite the player with no other differences. It's shit design

I miss the music

Which is entirely your retarded opinion because World is the most alive that Monster Hunter's ever felt. No shit it's going to have less content than Generations which was just a compilation of every MH game made. Compared to a regular MH game though World's content is fine and it's going to get a lot more in Iceborne.

Because unless you’re good EX missions are cancer
We have literally hundreds of quests and you want to get carried
I’m trying to have fun

When is Iceborne coming to PC? No way in hell do I go back to PS4 pro after experiencing flawless stable 60+ fps on the pc.

So you complain about the monsters being too hard or "unfair", but when confronted with the fact GU does the exact same thing with deviants, it's suddenly okay because they have a slight change to their moveset even though that has nothing to do with the monsters still being hyperaggressive and killing you in one hit with most moves.

World is amazing and a beautiful game, but it doesn't really feel like a monster hunter game. It's honestly too easy except for some bullshit like the FF monster. Now with GU even tho I don't really like the arts it does feel more like a MH game. I like both but GU fills that MH itch better

>4U was the best one

mounting alone makes this statement completely incorrect.

Is this the listfag containment thread?

First of, BING BING WAHOO!!! 1UP

Secondly, that's EXACTLY why they moved on to real consoles, to not rely on a single region. And it more than paid off. Even in japan, on a homeconsole, World is one of the best selling MonHuns ever. That's beyond impressive.
So your argument fails on all sides.

I happen to enjoy World, but as an oldfag Tri will probably always be the worst. I get that Tribabs love it but you just don't understand why it sucked.

The fuck?
Literally everytime I hop online everyone says hi gives you a run down then off to hunt
The only community nicer is animal crossing

absolutely

BA-BA-BA-BIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIING

Well the Japs have moved on to the next generation
Maybe you should too

It's "acceptable"
If the alternative is to die to a pedunky tail spin or small peck jab taking all but a pixel of my health then yes I accept the Silverwind's fucking limit break blade beam attack. You're still also willingly ignoring the deviants were different. They enabled different strategies or different builds to shine whereas in world aside from a few outliers there are no builds or distinct things to play around. Dreadqueen made the HH a godsend bc you could just negate poison on the team. On World I could grind the same blue fuck for years for a chance at an atk+1 just to fight him again but bluer and slightly faster

>It's "acceptable"
because you're a biased faggot who complains about things in one game and then backpedals when it also applies to some other game.

if you truly thought it wasn't acceptable you wouldn't excuse it because a deviant did it.

Arts and styles absolutely ruin this game. Not worth picking up in the slightest because of that gay shit

I liked arts and styles, fight me

FUckers detected.
Stay mad that Tri fixed all the garbage that FU created and made fights against monsters like Rathalos enjoyable.

Still the peak of the series.

Attached: Game_Cover-MHFU_US.jpg (640x1102, 290K)

How did we go from hard but fair gameplay

Attached: insta-paws u.webm (854x480, 2.96M)

Go play God eater 3 then, you like anime trash so you'll love that

False, it was shit compared to what we have and what we’re gonna get.

>WAAAAH MONSTER ONE SHOT ME ITS NOT FAIR
git gud nigger. deviants and ATs are both fucking based. hope iceborne adds even harder shit.

To just plain unfair gameplay?

Attached: jfmsu.webm (660x371, 2.82M)

Tribab is a pejorative for a reason.

That's not 3U

Attached: 1532490041366.png (700x900, 403K)

>pleb filtered by FU
git gud

Fair is an endgame monster doing baby chip damage.
Unfair is a threatening endgame monster.

Gotcha.

>3U
even easier than GU and World.

>Shit game design, terrible AI and broken hitboxes are a feature! G-g-git gud!

Attached: 1535769900107.png (711x590, 395K)

>fair is a monster literally doing 5% damage to you and barely moving
AHAHAHAHAH THE STATE OF BING BING WAHOO FAGS

Oh wow, muh anime.

>Vax
>Endgame
LOL

git gud

4U is objectively the best game of the series. Gave us great characters with noticeable stories and arcs throughout the story, guildmarm, gogmazios. Generations was gay with its elite 4 flagships. It lost all of the soul that the ace hunter team brought to 4U

>Nergigante prepares to dive
>Literally dodge towards it
>"It's the game's fault!"
Fucking idiot

This. 3U was piss easy after a certain point. Like to the point where everything else became a trivial matter, even endgame shit like Lucent and Abyssal.

Tri had overly forgiving hitboxes neutered trample removed weapons awful swimming etc etc. Shit game, worst in the series.

Confirmed faggot, go hunt in the water you loser

>praising it all of a sudden.
game has been fully active since localised launch and will still be active long into the future. lobbies are constantly bustling regardless of anything anyone throws at this game

>elite 4 flagships
They had actual personalities to their designs

Attached: 1563806871920.jpg (1452x2856, 3.12M)

imagine thinking mounting hunter is good because of some faggot cowbow with a magala scale. imagine playing any mh game for the story. holy shit.

>Solid hitboxes are 'overly forgiving'
Reminder, these are considered 'fair Hitboxes to FUckers
youtube.com/watch?v=DiLOx51xdzw

Couldn't most of this have been avoided by not getting up, or did World remove that invulnerability window so you can be hit while you're down?

The right side looks a million times better though. The left side is just messy and green everywhere.

Nigger can you fucking read? It's like you just ctrl+f deviant then sperg about the 3 words after and before it. Here I'll spell out my fucking thesis statement for you: The deviants still changed things gameplaywise, even if minute, in a way World doesn't making deviants an acceptable reward for reaching endgame and a subsequent challenge. This can allow different weapons or strategies to shine. Compared to World where your only reward for endgame is making enemies sparkle blue and giving nothing else but shitty decos makes for a bad gameplay loop, especially for Monster Hunter which is a series that thrives on replayability. The fact that AT usually 1hko with nothing else added but a deco drop chance is fucking garbage, deviants brought different moves, gear sets, and gimmicks to manage in combat.

Also reminder, This is what people who praise FU consider to be good and fair gameplay.
youtube.com/watch?v=GPtEfYGXq_8

You literally can’t even compare most of those. Also, Glavenus (my favorite flagship) is gonna be in World so it’s a moot point. I like their designs too but that doesn’t make World’s designs bad.

But all of the monsters in that image have personality.

>spinoff game is so easy they had to copy FU's shitboxes to provide a modicum of challenge

Attached: jfmsu2 electric boogaloo.webm (564x317, 2.69M)

>>Is regarded as the undisputed worst game in the series with shit hunter arts
By who? Shitposters?

It's part of the holy trinity
3U, 4U and GU are the three best MH games

What the fuck

Our lovely mary sue, Nergigante, showing off its elder-killing power

Attached: frontier aoe.webm (1280x720, 1.53M)

What happened? Worlds hitboxes tended to be too generous, that’s just plesioth tier

I like the arts that are less flashy. I actually enjoyed most of the Hunting Horn arts for this reason, they're mostly just little bonuses rather than ridiculous super attacks.

I guess that makes World the god amongst them. Not so much now, but certainly when Iceborne drops.

Its only flaw is lack of content and few weapons. It's the most challenging and rewarding game in the series otherwise. It's the last game in the series with extreme difficulty.

Even Iceborne can't salvage World.
The game will still have a garbage SOS online, no proper village/guild split, shit weapon design philosophy, an inferior skill system for casuals, healing while running about etc.

If GU could salvage Gen, then Iceborne can salvage World.

I know this is a shitpost but those hitboxes are genuinely shit, what were they thinking?

>Generic T-Rex had to resort to shitboxes just so people can remember his existence

Attached: Hipcheck is Back.webm (534x438, 2.99M)

>He can't handle underwater combat
The real casual reveals his face
Enjoy having to live this comic out in real life while I can just jump into the water to kill Plesy.

Attached: 1563781653246.png (800x800, 37K)

World's issues are far bigger than just the lackluster roster and difficulty, which is the only thing Iceborn will tackle.

I don't know but FU fans should be all over this, they love shit gameplay.

Tigrex was always a shit monster, no amount of polish will fix him.
He only got slightly better in 4U when they got hit by the Stamina system.

Those are pretty much the only problems with World though. They're also fixing weapon designs.

I literally just gave you a glimpse of problems World has - and no, weapon design philosophy will still be shit.

It gets worse for its DeviantArt OC, which just copies Frontier

Attached: fulgur anjanath.webm (852x480, 2.94M)

All this does is turn more people against FU.
When Tri came out, all FU fags could do is bellow 'mum roster', which people just sort of took at face value. Then when 4 came out and they brought back a lot of the FU and didn't bother to balance them, it exposed that all the monsters in FU were shit and it's bloated roster was a bad thing.
FU fags have a way of trying to claim their biggest liabilities are a good thing.

Attached: 1538670175265.jpg (630x850, 445K)

Congratulations
You’re wrong as fuck.
Styles are fun as fuck
Ariel Switch axe is fun and works amazingly
Prove me wrong.

They have literally shown the weapon designs, it's the same as the old games.
If you're still whining about 'muh sense of community' just make some friends holy fuck

Working around a glaring flaw in a system doesn't mean the flaw is gone.

You might as well say "just stand still while healing if you don't like the way healing works now!!!"

Im so glad XX dethroned FU's roster size, and has the difficulty to back it up

Attached: infinite content.jpg (804x2120, 600K)

Makes me feel amazing knowing your kind will never EVER enjoy MonHun again now that every game until 2030 is based on World and the reboot after that will be even more different from the first 4 gens.

That actually looks great though.

>adding all 4 dromes, cephadrome, gypceros and both stone fuckers
mistake

Not him but we already know MH is dead. It's zombie MH now. Made for casual western dudebros, twitch streamers and epic youtubers.

You may not like them but they provided unique gameplay unlike Chicken Skeleton World.

bait

Attached: 1552961959271.gif (250x250, 282K)

>zombie MH
>First MH game not to recycle maps and gameplay

I wish it recycled those, then it would be better.
If I never have to see Ancient Shitforest again or run through 294789 different tunnels wasting time then I'll be glad.

can you stop responding to this retard and let this thread die?

P3rd removed water, making it factually superior. It also added all the missing weapon classes AND introduced new GOD-tier movesets that remain to this day on all games (such as GL's full burst, quick reload. Bow's new shots, etc)

I didn't realise it's one retard, my bad.

XX/GU has some qualities of its own, but I would think that that it probably did find some genuine appreciation with the Switch localization for some, more players have access to it. Conversely, it definitely has its deal of shitposters solely due to MHW's mainstream status. One does his drive-by 'real MH' shitposting, and of course the whole List-kun faggotry exists. One could suppose that a portion of the MH community is simply more enamored by the first MH they play than anything else, opinions on the various games are fairly divisive so there's nothing like a Zelda cycle.

Attached: wahoo.png (627x754, 380K)

How can you hate XX? It doesn't have to be your favorite but come on
>so many fucking monsters and maps
>different styles for each weapon allows for lots of variety even for weapons you might not use often
>hunter arts you can freely switch out as you want (aren't forced to use them, can do guild style with no arts)
>shit ton of content to grind out if you want
Why do people just use arts as the sole reason the game is ruined when the game offers so much?

Attached: 4f4b702c8d3fceb8babe0471d561c50ba249d2174abdfaa9e6074523457335ee.png (352x345, 53K)

Only shitposters or salty snoys hate it. It's literally god tier.

Why Qurupeco hasnt comeback??

Is it really that hard to make its skeleton?

Attached: Folder.jpg (200x200, 17K)

>Ariel
A man of taste

Attached: 2019041623382000-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 168K)

>listkun is back
>retards take the bait

Yea Forums don't deserve a comfy MH thread

Attached: listkunisback.png (3000x2968, 3.62M)

Imagine thinking every single person who doesn't praise World as a 10/10 is one guy. Imagine being that delusional and retarded.

That is Tempered Listkun.

If you have FU, 3U and 4U then you only have a pathetic amount of new monsters.
Styles are casual dog shit
Hunter arts are tacked on shit moves instead of being part of a move set
Grinding is only good if the game is good. X/XX is dog shit.

Pretty easy to hate. Not to mention is was a 30fps 3DS game before coming to the swtich.

check OP
where do you see "comfy mh thread"?

imagine shitposting and samefagging every MH thread to oblivion for two years

I wouldn't know, since I'm not that person you claim I am. Seek help bro.

take your meds

You're just pissed about world shitposters. A good amount of these are valid but you can literally scrutinize any MH to this extent, you can probably scrutinize any game to this extent depending on how nitpicky you want to be.

Take the best of both worlds:

MHW for new engine and QOL

MHGU for sheer content

I'll admit I'm a tribaby (dropped FU after 30h so not counting that) but really now, MHGU is the best game to fight almost everything there has been in MH, and that with absurd variety in playstyles. At the cost of some boring gathering you only need to do once and poor weapon balance.

Take the dip user, its the ultimate old-school MH experience.

Yeah but you see if you criticize any other MH it's ok.
If you dare point out World's flaws, you are some "listfag" as only one person on the entire planet could possibly be dissatisfied with MHW.

Content wise is perfect, you just hate the fact its Switch only and it has Flashy Styles, guess what faggots, you can turn them off, there you go, now go and solo the game

Why appeal to only one region when you can make it have mass appeal? The only reason why world underperformed in Japan is because its not on a portable system, it did pretty well for a console release

Well sucks to be you, there's countless other threads on Yea Forums to discuss how shit games are if you want to join one.

oh and you can emulate XX on Citra english patched

How the fuck are styles casual dog shit? They are literally just move sets you can choose from, especially with brave style some weapons get an entirely different play style. You wanted arts to be part of the moveset but there are already different move sets, dumbass.
Arts are "tacked on" because they already have selectable movesets.
How the fuck does having a 3ds version make the game worse? Stop being a retarded faggot.

Maybe you should try make an interesting post instead of posting for millionth time how world doesn't have enough unique weapon models.
Then you would realize that the list fag response is for broken records like you who think they make ground breaking discoveries of the state of MHW.

>please don't point out how MHW has flaws in this Monster Hunter thread, this one is for calling it a 10/10 ONLY ok?

Kill yourself.

>someone else already brought up the same criticism before you!
>HAHA now you never get to mention it again! Guess the game is just perfect.

Great logic.

Problem for me is that I think there's too much bloat over any real substance, and the game's implementation of styles are a bit too fixated around novelties for my tastes. The pacing especially wasn't organic in the slightest either. It is a game with some fun ideas but it's just been kind of sloppy with them.

Hello I'm here to thrown in some of my unpopular opinions about the matters you've mentioned

>The game will still have a garbage SOS online,

I enjoy the SOS system much more than the old lobbies, I was a solo hunter by choice in all previous games.

>no proper village/guild split

I honestly prefer it this way, though I wish mons had more hp. Hoping G-Rank will fix that.

>shit weapon design philosophy

Ok I agree its all uninspired and that applies to most armor too.

>an inferior skill system for casuals

The skill system is one of the best things about the game, gives a lot of freedom about what bonus skills to add to your set. The old system was cancer, in particular the charms.

>healing while running about etc.

I agree with that one, can't stand how long potting takes. Not to mention you can't swap maps to heal up. In MHW I run mushroomancer on almost every build cause cba chugging a pot midfight.

Begone listfag

Yeah move sets that are 10 times more powerful than the vanilla version you retarded faggot. What kind of argument is that?
So you agree hunter arts are tacked on? Good. I don't like epic cooldown super moves. What do you not understand about that?
How does having shitty screen shitty controls and shitty fps make a game worse? LMAO

that's the type of mouth-breather world opened the floodgates to

>"I FUCKING HATE THIS GAME AND I CAN'T STOP SPAMMING WHY IN EVERY THREAD"
>"P-please don't prove me wrong and call me out, p-please stop. I'm being oppressed"

Nice strawman. This just proves to me that you had never had anything to say in the first place.
Nothing in my post insulates what you have posted.

Is there a single more pathetic and delusional group of people on all of Yea Forums than Worldlets?
They've literally invented entirely new ways to shut down any and all criticism. They flee into some weird land where everyone who dares to not love the game and call it the best thing since sliced bread MUST be one and the same person.

>Freedom is good they said...
youtube.com/watch?v=UfhOdM65HA8

>GU threads are also unsafe from listfag

Attached: am.jpg (460x590, 42K)

it's same engine. lol at this lunatic narrative world is built from ground up. combat is 95% the same. a lot of assets copy pasted over. the lies worldlets tell themselves. please cope and seethe some more and I hope the dilating goes well for you.

>What's that? You don't like MHW? FUCKING LISTFAG REEE MHW IS THE BEST MH EVER IT'S LITERAL AMBROSIA!

>that post on the bottom right
every time

Attached: 1548642802529.jpg (250x250, 9K)

4U > 3U > Iceborne >>> FU >>>>>>> GU
It's so terrible it's not even funny.
bonus round: non-ultimate versions
Tri = PortThird > World > 4 >>>>> Gen

GU has an absolute myriad of content for just 30 doll hairs. Over 100 monsters and what not. The only downside is if you do all the single player stuff first like I did you'll maybe get burnt out when you try to tackle online and start seeing some of the new content like Deviants and new Elders. That and online is sorta dead?

It's almost like people are tired of hearing the same, inane shit and want you to fuck off

You cant solo the game without Arts, thats a fact

Attached: 1563499841994.jpg (640x600, 40K)

>the criticism is inane because a lot of people bring it up
Wow!
Or. Or maybe, if lots of people complain about the same things, they are actually true and there's something to it?

>worldsperm brain explodes upon realizing this

>I-I'm not the same guy
>Uses all the same buzzwords and insults

So I just cleared the final boss in World and the Witcher quest...what do I do now? I thought there were tempered(?) stuff in the game but I couldn't find it

>lots of people
You mean like 4 people tops literally spamming threads who have been exposed by mods already

Wonder how he's holding up.

Attached: a5463cb2629f0b91427cf7af8dc3574515749e6e6d7cddf2ab9092f52ac1c1bd.jpg (531x598, 63K)

4U > 3U
What a joke.

Guild style is perfectly fine, faggot.
Don't use the ebin super moves then. There are even some hunter arts that are just small buffs.
You're retarded for bringing up the 3ds version as if it has any bearing on the quality of the switch version. The 3ds version also runs just fine you're just a quality fag and probably think World is the best just because it's pretty.

Ah yes. 4 people out of all MH fans dislike MHW. All others love it!
Man, I wish I could live in a happy fantasy world like you.

>Or. Or maybe, if lots of people complain about the same things, they are actually true and there's something to it?

Feel free to point out where 100s of people said they loved the lack of unique models.

You can not make a single argument without distorting the truth and actually engaging what is being said. Furthermore you can bring the criticism as many times as you want.
Enjoy being called list fag though :^)

>4 on top
How does it feel having carpal tunnel

Environments are wildly different with a fuckton more combat elevation changes along with actual monster pathing and more fun AI, sorry if that doesn't qualify as different engine.

On a side note, I'm supporting the decision of playing MHGU, so what is your problem?

And on top of that, playing both sides like a damn fiddle for 2 years straight.

Wait, what is wrong with 4U? It plays mostly the same as the rest? Why would it give anyone carpal tunnel syndrome any more than other mhs?

Can we get this image flagged too? We know full well it's listfag who always posts it as well.

According to the game's reviews, pretty much. I haven't seen people that hate the game rise up and make a petition or anything, so I'm forced to assume there's only few of them. The majority of people in MH threads like the game too.

Tempered monsters are unlocked by investigation. While exploring you'll find weird tracks that have threat levels, find enough of them and you'll start fighting tempered monsters. Arch Tempered monsters are the end game monsters, the strongest of the strong. Slay enough of them and craft good equipment because you'll fucking need it for Iceborne.

sniff feet and hunt tempered plebs -> do double bagel at hr29 -> sniff more feet and hunt bigger plebs -> do tempered kirin at hr50 -> do arch tempereds and atkt

>game reviews
lmao
Imagine giving a single fuck about what western tranny journos are writing about video games
According to them Gone Home is a masterpiece and God Hand is total trash.

It's spreading whether you like it or not.

Attached: twitter.png (585x881, 689K)

>Guild style is perfectly fine, faggot.
Relevant how? Does make somehow all the other styles vanish?
>don't use X
Then don't put it the game or have other aspects affected by it? Can you avoid playing with people using these? No?
It was asked how someone can hate XX and it's pretty damn easy. Maybe you forgot that in your inane ramblings.

I never said anything about the quality of the swtich version you retarded faggot. I said for the longest time it was the shittiest version quality wise of all MHs I listed before it because it was 3DS with 30 fps cap and no other way to play it.

You are literally retarded and can't form a single argument that's coherent or response to actually what is being said.

If people hated the game, they would be committing arson on Capcom's HQ already.

imagine living only to shitpost

Can you please get a trip so I can filter you?

That's exactly my opinion on World, but change styles to slinger/mantles/vigorwasps/environmental damage

akshully all you need for iceborne is behemoth gear

>just don't use the rocksteady mantle!

It was always Guild style fags trying to smear it because they hate aerial insect glaive aka the most fun you will ever have.

I thought it already was.

>Imagine giving a single fuck about what western tranny journos are writing about video games
Alright let's see what based Famitsu thinks then:
>39/40
How about Steam then:
>95% Positive from 11,607 reviews
Uh oh. Looks like your narrative was completely made up.

>It was people who don't like who dislike game
Brilliant observation.

Why do you care if the 3ds version was shitty when the switch version exists?
No style breaks the game, no hunter art breaks the game. At most maybe brave style heavy bowgun is too good. Rocksteady mantle meanwhile lets you just ignore everything. So does the temporal mantle. The other asshole just hates arts cause they're "epic super moves".

Wahoooo

>based Famitsu
>based
>Famitsu

lmao
The ones who gave Final Fantasy 13 a perfect score.
Well I guess that confirms it. MHW is WORSE than FF13

Attached: 1326648389895.jpg (384x288, 20K)

Its literally like a remake of FU which is why I think I like it so much. Theres just so much content and the styles while optional can add alot of variety. Personally I think it gets too much hate, it's a freaking anniversary game that's meant to celebrate the series. It's a game meant to be enjoyed and not be taken so seriously.

It’s the same with every damn MH release
>new game suk, old game guud
>newer game
>new game was actually guud!
I guaranfuckintee that when the next MH comes out, all the anons shitting on world will change their tune like they always have. Because this community is retarded and obsesses over what might as well be nip CoD

>Having to move goalposts because you lost the argument
Simply epic

To be fair, 5% of 11607, extrapolating to 13mil is more like 650000 unhappy ppl.

That's almost as much as MHGU sold on the Switch

>Why do you care if the 3ds version was shitty when the switch version exists?
How dumb are you? Why would someone care that the version of the primary console and for the most part only console it was released for was worse than any MH before it?
Are you really asking that?

Are you also not allowed to comment on any technical aspect of older games because you can emulate them? Can't mention Xbone or Ps4 performance because PC exist?

Also it was clearly the smallest of my complains that you have to latch onto because all you arguments are utter dogshit.

It was you who asked an opinion and an opinion you got. You realise that, right?

Bingtoddlers getting absolutely DESTROYED ITT

Attached: 1524770433910.png (515x594, 43K)

I literally never said "new game suk" about 3U, 4U or XX though.
All of those are amazing and will forever be the peak of MH

This image is retarded because it's trying to create a falsehood that "hurr being angry bad" despite the fact it's the most powerful emotion

I grow slightly bored, anyone want to hunt in GU?

LR, HR, G-rank. up for just about anything.

Attached: 2019033121390400-2AE606B8659FEA852E0ED6470C9814D9.jpg (1280x720, 182K)

imagine coping this hard, this is just pathetic

The level of cope right now holy shit

Attached: 1561645615682.png (797x800, 302K)

I think most people are missing the fact that X and XX are meant to be fan service.

All the towns from the other games, g rank, 4 flagship monsters, arcade / action rpg combat.

It's meant to be different and a lot of old MH fans hate these games for making monhun casual.

It's just meant to be fun user, fuck balance.

Get fucked, anti-anger fags

Attached: 284101-1280x720.jpg (1280x720, 321K)

Also aerial style is for faggots. Especially aerial SWAxe in sword mode.

>hating XX for being casual
lol what
It has some of the hardest fights in the entire franchise.

>flagged
nothing is flagged you retard, it was just a janny purging a monster hunter thread full of console faggotry from both sides and you think anyone complaining about either game is the same person.

a janny combs through a thread, checks the box next to a post, and then deletes all the posts he marked at once. it's not some faggot samefag, GU vs World shit has been in full force since world was announced.

I agree with you, jet engine bitch with his 1 shot attack is tough.

It's still there. I use the lying down invulnerability mechanic often

Actually, Iceborne is gonna flop so hard

>releasing a full year too late
>disappointing reveal with shitty trailer and nothing else
>normalfags already lost all interest and won't return to the game
>veterans left the franchise after vanilla World

World was a lucky shot because the first months of 2018 were totally devoid of releases, but now they are fucked.

You'll have to try harder to imitate my post
That's right, I wrote that original post. Never expected to become so infamous at some point in the future lmao

Let me fix that for you
>some
Less than 5
Also not actually harder but on par. As it is tradition. Also no challenge until g-rank endgame.
>in the entire franchise
yes in the entire franchise WHEN using no arts and guild style.

imagine falseflagging to screencap your own shit to compile a future shitpost. jesus fucking Christ the autism

MHXXX when?

No, period.
99% of all worldlets couldn't do a super azurebolt if their life depended on it.

Or maybe he was making a joke but I can see humour is nothing something you'd understand or joy.

what a load of shit. probably some shitter that got carried.

>muh world
Nice augment. Imagine barely even competing against a non g-rank game.

What are they going to do? There's nothing left to steal from other games.

:^)

You don't give any arguments against arts aside from they're super moves. You haven't given any arguments about what's so broken about styles either when they're generally pretty balanced. Your "complaints" are shallow. It's not an argument for the game being shitty when you "just don't like thing". Also the only english release of XX is on switch so I don't know why you're complaining about the 3ds version. Regardless, the 3ds version is completely fine. It runs well and the control scheme is alleviated by the focus camera. You don't even need to use the touch screen camera controls (which I don't).
I also didn't ask for your opinion. Your opinion is shit and you don't really want to argue about it so fuck off.

Arts are too anime, that's why I don't like them.
I only like anime in World.

Attached: anime2.webm (1080x598, 2.05M)

>webm
user, that's capeshit not anime

*does 20 somersaults in the air with my 500 ton hammer*
Oh ok

Just like Thor, my favorite avenger

>Capeshit
You mean capegod?

Could you please stop pointing out that shonen anime and capeshit are exactly the same? It hurts my cognitive dissonance.

Ah yes, as opposed to your arguments?
What's your argument?
It's balanced and nothing else? When literally everyone knows that this is not true. Have you actually played the game? You will literally never even find someone playing guild style.

If you ask or respond to me after answering getting ask how someone can not like XX then yes you are asking of my opinion.
Let me highlight the very important word here: LIKE. Brainlet. So I can think of arts whatever I want. If you like flashy moves outside of your movese that give you free staggers out the ass good for you. Which brings us back to the point of XX being casual garbage.

It's irrelevant what you think of the 30fps cap, no one asked you. But it's objective fact that other games run at a higher frame rate.
So stop with your shitty shallow arguments and accept my hard facts. Same goes for the controls.

Funny how I haven't even mentioned world before any of you but you jump towards it instantly anyway.
Nothing personal kiddos. I mentioned chad games like FU 3U 4U.

For someone who wants to be able to run through the classic games without making a huge chunk of the games feel intolerable to play, should I start with:

>FU since it’s the first MH that wasn’t completely jank
>P3rd since it’s short and allegedly one of the easier pre-World entries
>3U since while old, it’s native to hardware launched in this decade

?

I want a game that has the visuals of World but the everything else of 3U/4U/XX

3U. Skip p3 and especially FU

This
Just try aerial and have fun
It’s a literal game try to enjoy yourself

you think you do but you don't

coping nintendo fans
the same exact thing that happened with tri and FU but for sonypals.

console fanboys are a beautiful thing. they are simple.

Play 3U, then 4U, then GU.
Skip every other MH. Don't even bother, they will only feel inferior.

Just started GU, which weapon/style combinations are the most fun?

>So was this game actually slept on or are the people praising it all of the sudden only doing so because world isn't on Switch? It's half of right now so I'm considering buying it.

Because World isn't on the Switch. You have to look at the context in which people based the Generations lines. We had just come off of 4/U (4U is the best of the series btw) and the Generations line recycles a lot of assets and content from the previous games and the only noteworthy thing about the Gen line was the overhaul in gameplay mechanics.

That being said, GU is a phenomenal send off from the 3DS generation from what they had to work with. Valstrax and the secret boss are legendary additions to the roster and the gameplay is FUN. If you haven't played the 3DS titles, especially 4U, ignore the complaints about Gen U and play it. If you were a diehard 4U fan, yeah, you might be disappointed and may be better off sticking with World since World draws heavy inspiration from Generations for a lot of weapons' movesets.

Attached: Switch.webm (711x400, 520K)

guild for all weapons. if you use styles you are worse than worldsperms.

Fun? Aerial/Valor DB, Adept lance/Gun lance, Guild hammer, Striker SnS

Best? Valor Longsword, Valor GS, Adept LBG, Valor HBG,

I'm emulating FU on my phone, bros
Using a gamepad, of course
What am I in for?

XX is for true chads with refined tastes

Attached: 1536381847243.jpg (1500x1063, 405K)

I really enjoyed the MHW and cleared all the content it had. Recently I bought the MHGU to play while I wait for the Iceborne and I'm having tons of fun with it too.
I think that the people who trash MHW or MHGU are just poor fags who are trying to cope with the fact that they can only afford to get one console or PC so they trash any games on the other platforms.

Hitbox weirdness, brutal difficulty, and a lot of content if you stick things through.

Too bad the whole game was a cakewalk

>Valor HBG
You get the quick perfect reload when you time it right
Once you fill up your valor meter you get
Valor run which takes no Stamia and couch fire that allows you to pump out 15 shoots in mere seconds
Get the improvement moment and recoil art and watch you melt monster’s faces off
>Ariel Switch axe
In sword mode you get this awesome upward and downward slash and a high possibility for easy mounts
Only drawback is one art
Fun stuff
>Valor LBG
You get the same perfect reload but instead of valor run and couch fire you get a bayonetta dodge where you can move and fire a free bullet at the same time
Remember it’s 1,2, 1-2 for the free dodge shooting

haha, even the low rank fights in GU are harder than most of the tempered fights in World.
[spoilers]inb4 b-b-b-b-but the Behemoth[/spoilers]

P3rd you mean.

>P3rd removed water, making it factually superior.
This doesn't make any sense, user. Underwater hunts are very fun and add a lot to 3.

Seconding adept gunlance

Nice spoiler faggot. Even posting is too hard for XX fags.
Also why did you bring up world? Do have perhaps an agenda? I didn't even bring up world.
LMAO

>In sword mode you get this awesome upward and downward slash and a high possibility for easy mounts
>Only drawback is one art
That's actually pretty big drawback because you can't use Demon Riot+Energy Charge

>So was this game actually slept on or are the people praising it all of the sudden only doing so because world isn't on Switch?
Neither, the one people said was disappointing was Generations. GU on the other hand vastly improves upon the game and was never seen as bad among the fanbase.

>even the low rank fights in GU are harder than most of the tempered fights in World.
Honestly with the way people hyped up tempered and Arch tempered monsters I thought they would be a lot harder.

P3rd is one of the best and comfiest MH games out there tho.
>but but but no G-Rank

What does G-Rank mean anyway, just monsters taking longer to kill. A full fleshed out story mode up to High is way better than a G-Rank that feels shoehorned.

>GU on the other hand vastly improves upon the game and was never seen as bad among the fanbase.
it's pretty much regarded to be the weakest entry in the series, even in Japan. I think it's a fun game but to say nobody thought it was bad is just plain wrong.

>I hate this fucking game!
>It doesn't matter that I've put 400+ hours into it already, it's shit!

Attached: 1540329520379.gif (142x146, 839K)

To be fair the attack comes out faster than any mid-long duration swing, you need to develop a modicum of caution for that attack and if you're point blank dodging right and forward usually do the trick
Else if you get hit and panic and likely roll towards/away it's back to camp
Also you literally have to slot in 3-8 defensive/evasive deco-2's for SA because it's defensive options are pure shit
When weapons fit as badly as they do in MHW you can sort of make a case for why HH, GL, and bow didn't immediately return in tr

I've put 1100 hours and counting between Gen and GU and I still think both are shit games. Seethe harder.

Again, you're thinking of Gens. Not GU.

Have you tried AT nerg?
Really difficult, but a terrible difficulty in which he can instantly jump and slam you out of any move. This slam can be used repeatedly too.
Also has the most HP in the game aside from forced multiplayer scaled monsters like Behemoth or Ancient Lesben.
Was satisfying to finally be able to consistently beat it though.

Yeah the lack of difficulty is one of my main cripes with the MHW, along with the weapon models, but apparently they are ramping up the difficulty in the Iceborne. Too bad that the PC players have to wait for months for the port.

>the hunter arts arent balanced but I won't explain why, everybody knows it!!

>it's pretty much regarded to be the weakest entry in the series, even in Japan.
[Citation needed]

The worst game is the original
Anyone saying Tri is an FUbabby and their opinions don't matter
The only people who should be listened to are those of us that have been here from the start
FUbabs killed this fanbase just like PC players killed the Souls fanbase

Yea Forums pre world release
metacritic scores
amazon.jp review scores

>none of those matter

Wow you wasted a week of your life playing shit games good job buddy

>but apparently they are ramping up the difficulty in the Iceborne.
Eh, that's probably going to be easier said than done unless they balance the weapons and skills.

youtube.com/watch?v=TfAF_FLEVfA

>relevant section isn't even about arts but styles
>reading comprehension 0
>I need to bring proof but the one who made the claim it's balanced doesn't
>thinking valor LS or GS aren't 20 better than their other styles and many more examples exist
>you can literally just look up speedruns and see massive speed differences in styles
>numerous posts in this very thread talk how they are unbalanced

How can one single line from a braindead nigger be so wrong about everything?

I got the AT Nerg down on my second try with my defense weighted Lance set. Once you learn to react to the slam it's easy to just super guard. With an aerial insect lance build AT Nerg is just a joke.

All of which refers to X.

not even, in fact XX on both versions holds a lower score than X on japanese amazon

Aerial glave is piss poor damage, that would take forever.

FU is what fucked things up
You wouldn't know what it was like to hunt online back in the PS2 days
No faggots from Yea Forums running around acting like they're hardcore

>guild style
hi.
I play a lot of guild GS. It has the normal moveset and the super charge and super swipe which add up to 200 movement value together. you don't get this with other styles. and fuck charging a meter for valor. the first set that made me begin to mess around with guild GS was the silverwind set since evade +2 goes to waste with the other styles.

also regularly use guild LS and Lance.

If you never played Monster Hunter on MS DOS you need to get the fuck out of this thread right now

>You will literally never even find someone playing guild style.
Guild hammer and CB here. You probably shouldn't talk about games you've never played by the way.

>Yea Forums pre world release
I would rather trust an used car salesman than any retard from this site.
>metacritic scores
Most of the "bad" critic scores are from people playing GU after the World and expecting the same experience.
>amazon.jp review scores
4/5 isn't that bad. I can't read the moon runes so I can't say anything about the actual reviews.

>the hunter arts arent balanced but I won't explain why
Yes, they are fucking broken, I could just tell you to go look at setups for speedrun times for all weapons and I can guarantee you every single one either uses adept or valor, the only exception being lance which uses striker.

There is no preference when it comes to this type of thing. Every single weapon, one style is decisively better than the rest by a huge degree.

Adept is fucking stupid because at least with striker and aerial, you usually give up some significant move to use it. But not adept. It's better than having evasion + 3 on your armor with absolutely no investment. And what do you give up to use it? On bow, you give up the arc shot which nobody ever fucking uses even on the styles that do have it. Meanwhile striker and aerial give up the actual second charge shot. LBG adept is stupid, I don't even remember what the tradeoff was, maybe a second sidestop jump. Either way, it gives you a power reload AND a huge mobility buff. Every single LBG user in GU is adept.

Then you have Valor which is basically the new best style on every other weapon. It turns the heavy bowgun into a fucking minigun. If you use Daora or Zinogre's HBG that can crouch shot pierce, you stunlock even G4 monsters. It's fucking stupid. All the other weapons, notably LS and GS, are super strong as well.

It's a shame that the other styles like Alchemy never get used because the concept is nice but there's a significant tradeoff on every single weapon that makes it totally trash.

I've played a few more than this but out of these options this is absolutely the correct/definitive order. 4U was a big downgrade from 3rd gen and is worse than world, and gen was a complete meme game which some good flagships unfortunately got locked behind.
But now glav is confirmed in and there's a chance we will get the other 3 as well, so they are finally getting saved.
If anyone thinks a gen 4 game is the best in the series it's because they started with a gen 4 game, no exceptions

>there's a 0.01% chance someone playing guild
Damn you got me big time.
Not to mention all this XX content that's being posted always about guild style.
If you'd count XX webms posted in all Yea Forums threads you'd end back at the 0.01%

But keep trying to justify the easiest game in the series instead of just playing it.

>muh speed runs
kys

Post your G-rank clears or fuck off.

So what better metric would you use to gauge whether a weapon is broken if you're going to ask how they are? Even in casual play they're still retarded strong. Adept in particular because at least you have to practice a bit to properly use valor.

>4u alnywhere below world
scrub

Learn to read you retarded nigger otherwise you woudln't make so fucking retarded posts.

>none of the styles are overpowered because im too garbage at the game to kill anything in under 15 minutes anyway

Attached: 5MXN7SX.jpg (281x283, 13K)

>Claims it's the easiest game in series
>Gets called out
>l-l-l-l-learn to read

>easiest game
>0.01% of players have large red crown

>14 Millions!
>SALES DONT MATTER REEEEEEEE, btw, it didnt sold well in Japan!!! its a flop lol !!
uh?

Attached: 1433089545578.jpg (200x200, 8K)

You have a good point
I honestly just run the ultra combo with the explosion at the end art

The arts are gay as valstraxx is gay but the rest of the game is great imo. Tri is probably the worst but even that's still good

>But keep trying to justify the easiest game in the series instead of just playing it.
We aren't talking about P3rd you know.

>hurr durr speed runners can kill monsters fast so the weapon they use is OP
Fucking retarded anime posters.

alchemy gets more and more useful the longer the hunt goes. when level 3 SP giving whole team increased stagger + health regen. useful for tough as fuck quests like Hellblade G5 where its not uncommon for people to run out of heals altogether

>regarded as the undisputed worst game in the series
Source: me

You can do the same shit with any style, just because one is the fastest doesn't make everything else super shit. The disparity is small between most styles anyway, and a majority of players don't care about using the best of the best.

>Giving a fuck about balance in a PvE game

Attached: 48A6E68D-D5E0-4638-B2B1-3F38B71CFACC.jpg (768x1024, 129K)

>complete lack of reading comprehension

Literally the only people who consider it the worst are consolewar fags. Nobody else.
If somebody genuinely thinks that GU is worse then Dos of Freedom 1, they’re an idiot

Says the person who's complaining about nothing.

They added more moves to Lagi because he’s always on land, dipshit
And you’re shit

>giving the user insane mobility/defensive/damage/both buffs with no tradeoffs is balanced
okay retard

no you can't. adept evade is fucking stupid and carries shit players. any mongoloid can get the timing down in 1 or 2 hunts and then steamroll their way to g rank with it.

>>Giving a fuck about balance in a PvE game
i don't give a fuck i was replying to someone who wanted someone to explain how they are broken when it's pretty much undispited even among casual players.

seriously, why the FUCK would anyone use something like aerial bow or striker hammer over any of the other styles when some of them just completely remove core elements of the weapon while others give you amazing buffs with negligible tradeoffs?

Tri removed weapons?

What does "complaining about nothing" to do with reading comprehension?

Also I wasn't complaining in the first place. I got asked why I don't like MHXX and I answered. I haven't started a single comment nor do I comment on MHXX otherwise unless asked to do so.

Anyone who says they hate arts but love world are retarded as fuck, they literally put generations arts straight into worlds weapons movesets

Can you really not comprehend someone doing something because they want to do it rather than it being the best

World>XX>4U>3U>P3rd>FU

>undispited even among casual players.
seems pretty disputed to me according to this thread

>Anyone who says they hate arts but love world are retarded as fuck, they literally put generations arts straight into worlds weapons movesets
Not really. There's maybe a handful which still leaves dozens of arts. Furthermore them being part of a moveset instead of some magical cooldown button is a difference already.

Eh, Vanilla World is missing a lot for that to be accurate.

The only game in the series to have done so. Imagine if you went to play the next monhun and your favourite weapon was gone for no reason.
A couple new moves in the moveset isn't comparable at all to arts and styles.

>Furthermore them being part of a moveset instead of some magical cooldown button is a difference already.
You do realise that being part of the moveset means you can spam them, right?

>Poster says nobody can explain why the styles are broken
>I do
>"B-B-BUT IT'S A CASUAL PVE GAME WHO CARES IT'S FOR FUN"
not what the topic of this whole discussion was but okay. i play alchemy sns in case you are curious.

Yea Forums is full of shitters who whine about how deviants and AT monsters are poorly designed and unfair, etc. go look at a speedrun spreadsheet and you'll see that every weapon kill on every monster uses the same style 99.99% of the time because some are just so much better than others. it's a fact.

Relevant how?

>and AT monsters are poorly designed and unfair, etc.
Pretty sure no one has said that about ATs. Tedious for Behemoth maybe but never unfair.

kek there was literally an entire argument about it earlier in the thread

No fucking shit that the speedrunners use the style that is the fastest, that's the point of the speedrun you retard.

They are literally straight up fucking copied from generations you dipshits. Also you retards really trying to tell me LS counter not being on a timer and instead just being a normal move you can do anytime is better? Hell you niggers literally have a mantle that makes you COMPLETELY INVULNERABLE FOR A MINUTE AND A HALF, thats more """anime""" than any shit in past titles. Get fucked, you retards dont even play this series. Kill yourselves after you have sex and dilate, discord trannies

JUST LET PEOPLE ENJOY THINGS
WORLD AND GU ARE BOTH FANTASTIC FOR DIFFERENT REASONS YOU FUCKS
AND CLEARLY GU ISN’T THE UNDISPUTED WORST WHEN EVERYONE IS DEFENDING IT

So certain styles aren't broken, they're just the optimal way to play the weapon against literally every single monster and there's never a situation where someone good at the game would want to take one over the other? Doesn't that mean they're overpowered?

Getting good charms in XX is piss essy, the DLC quest for it gives you like 30 of them for a 5 minute quest and even if you're not doing it a melder is ticking away in the background spewing even more out, to compare it to 4U charm grind is beyond dishonest.

You literally just said it's even undisputed between casual players, now you call Yea Forums casual and their opinion doesn't seem to matter to you only muh speedrunners that literally nobody gives a flying fuck about.
Stop using speedrunning as some metric to prove a point, nobody cares about your shitty speedrunning metrics and it also doesn't prove that the other styles are super weak or unviable comparatively. The only thing it proves is that there is one that's "the best".

You missed their point. Their point was that the player doesn't feel like they are getting more powerful when normal and AT monsters feel like they are the same monsters just more powerful.

Lol completely losing it because he can't form an argument.
You make up shit and get asked how and can't explain?
You think throwing giant glowing energy crosses is less anime than wearing a mantle.

>now you call Yea Forums casual and their opinion doesn't seem to matter to you only muh speedrunners that literally nobody gives a flying fuck about.
Yea Forums only disagrees to be contrarian or seem right. any normal person who's made it to g rank can tell you that almost everyone runs either valor or adept with the exception of lance users.

I like the customizable move sets of MHGU, it is consistent with the rest of the game. Also as an aside speedrunners are a terrible metric for anything. If it was good it would work every time and wouldnt rely on 500 resets for dat 1 sweet RNG run. Also it wouldnt be dependent on tactics that are only effecive in solo play. So in reality speedrun "most effective tactic" only works in 1% of cases. It's a bit like "60% of the time it works every time" snakeoil.

Attached: Brian-Fantana-Sex-Panther.jpg (1800x1200, 223K)

It's not about being anime you sperg. The first fucking game which I started with had anime. The whole series is anime. It's about them not fitting into monhun. The spirit combo is anime as fuck, but it fits. Arts and styles don't. Clearly capcom agrees because they're fucking gone, just like swimming.

I liked the hunter arts, spiced up the fights just enough to make me interested again after dropping FU back in like 2010

>Yea Forums's opinion doesn't matter cause I think they just wanna be contrarian on this topic
I've made it to G rank and I used guild style GS. Stop projecting.

You do know what this thread is about, right?

>Kill yourselves after you have sex and dilate, discord trannies
lol. check. mate.

>Arts and styles don't.
Not him but your argument for that fell apart completely when you defended their inclusion in World

If a game has a weapon that does 5% more DPS than any other weapon but also causes you to get one shot by any enemy attack the speed runners would use that gun for 99% of their runs. That doesn't mean a weapon like that would be OP or that it would be fun for normal player to use or that most of the normal players would even use it.

There is always going to be a best style, a best armorset, a best weapon and a best strategy, speedrunners are always going to use the optimal shit and using that as a basis is pretty stupid.
HBG runs have been king in monster hunter since the beginning of time, does that mean that perhaps the franchise was never very balanced in the first place?

So my argument that something being part of moveset instead of a cool down button being better has nothing to do with his reponse it about being spammable.
That would fall under making a balanced moveset.

There are no arts or styles in world. There's like one new move per weapon, one style per weapon, no arts per weapon. As the lord intended.

*kills nergigante in 1 minute using jump attacks*
Heh, truly the game for intellectuals

That must mean most of the monsters don't fit the MH games either since they are gone from the MHW. See the flaw in your logic yet?

>Yea Forums's opinion doesn't matter
Yep, exactly. Besides, the first post I even replied to said "nobody can explain why arts aren't balanced". I gave you the exact reason for why they aren't on top of the fact that kill times with a specific style are significantly better than the other styles on each individual weapons.

So let's review. If the baseline style, guild, is outperformed by a huge margin on every single weapon by one particular best style, while the other styles are left in the dust, then by that logic, doesn't that mean they aren't balanced?

If the difference was that small, a skilled player could probably get clear times close to the best style using the other ones, which isn't the case at all.

That might be mostly true but some styles simply push some weapons too far over the edge than others. In terms of clear time, nothing at all can compete with valor HBG. The damage and ability to easily reposition for more crouch firing is too strong. And I'm not basing it solely on the fact that they do a shitton more damage, you honestly think the adept evade is balanced considering almost every single weapon that uses it doesn't give up anything signficant while aerial/striker users often get fucked out of something absolutely vital to the weapon like charge attacks?

>There's like one new move per weapon
How many weapon specific arts do you think exist? Regardless the amount of them that have gotten in is irrelevant, if even one makes it in then your point is moot and we all know that they have been adapted and that's only getting worse in iceborne.

>Frontier's legendarily amateur designs
What the fuck is this shit? Frontier's classic monsters are fucking amazing
I'm just falling for copypasta aren't I?

>There are no arts or styles in world
Except there are you dumbass.

You absolutely can't. And I can't. What does it matter. 4u had hame but I wasn't doing it so it was irrelevant. 1 had headlocking but I didn't do that either.
No, that's totally different and you know it. Don't end your statement with a question like you have anything to teach me.

Swimming and arts were experiments that aren't coming back, knock on wood for swimming fuck that trash.
No my point isn't moot at all retard. New moves come with every generation. The evade slash is no more anime than the spirit combo itself. And it was never about the anime it's about moveset being a part of your loadout not belonging in monhun.

Your moveset is your weapon, it ends there.

Nigger literally every SINGLE WEAPON got multiple new moves that mirror previous arts. Mantles are absolute evasion (but better) at best and entire skills built into one at worst.

>4U is the best game in terms of balance
LMAO

>what is every MH game online
World being the only exception due to it having far more casuals

Attached: CD30FF15-F851-47F2-B2CA-6C9B55F51963.jpg (1920x1080, 146K)

>Your moveset is your weapon, it ends there.
So what you're trying to say is that arts and styles are completely fine. Look you really can't spin this in your favor.

I barely even consider XX a proper Monster Hunter game. It's more like a "What if Everything?" paid Kaizo mod for you to fuck around with while waiting in between for Iceborne / MH6 or whatever. The game's never gonna win any awards, but I had my fun with it.

Attached: happymario.jpg (241x209, 8K)

yeah I also hate customization options

>what is every MH game online
i pirated tri years after its release and low rank was still fine in 2011.

I like XX because it has the biggest monster variety and giving me a lot of cool things to experiment with while still letting me go back to guild for real monster hunter.

Attached: 1490660413002.jpg (468x581, 142K)

the funny thing is people will still be playing XX long after the dust settles on iceborne

Not even remotely the same thing. New weapons are part of the game. Having a moveset loadout with faggy little super bars isn't.
Mantles are more like wystones or something than arts. And there's NOTHING that mirror styles.
No I'm not, I'm saying they're trash and they're never coming back and that's a good thing.
Glad we agree. Back in my day you didn't even have talismans and I didn't like it when they added them.

4U is genuinely one of the worst games in the series.

I always looked at it like this too. Despite loving the absolute fuck out of the new monsters and the Ruined Pinnacle

GL Rocket Jump is the coolest art, everything else was trash

>etc etc
Go on tell us the rest.

GUchads report in

>tfw world players have to get pelted by rain while GUlads stay dry and comfy with their umbrella

Attached: mhgu_umbrella.jpg (765x516, 193K)

Eh, World's weapons have too many moves. I think MH combat should be about 1-2 moves per weapon.

>and they're never coming back
Yeah, except they already have and a iceborne is adding more of them.
But seeing as you're going to go with the old "nuh uh" angle ask yourself this, what's the difference between a powerful single button move and a powerful single button move that's a little less flashy.

>That fucking guild mission grind
>wystones
>biggest armor powercreep in the franchise
>literally 60% of its monsters are subspecies, and not even good ones
>RNG endgame encouraging people to grind out apex rajang for literal weeks for busted weapons that look like dragon dicks
>the introduction and most OP form of mounting, insect glaive completely removed the challenge from nearly all quests

>biggest armor powercreep in the franchise
Well, until World.

>Style that rewards skillful play is overpowered because it performs well when used by a skilled player
You are literally what is wrong with most of the game balancing nowadays. Devs are doing everything they can to make sure that even the most retarded kid can feel good by trying to reduce the effect of skill as much as they can.

Well it was considered a spin-off by the dev team. It was also an anniversary game.

>insect glaive completely removed the challenge from nearly all quests
it did but that's because of everything but mounting, mounting actually made IG worse.
IG was broken because of its overpowered DPS and perfect moveset with zero weaknesses. Of course, that also made it incredibly fun to play, because it was so well rounded and powerful. It literally replaced like 6 other weapons by itself.

Being on a cooldown and part of a limited loadout. That's the difference. That's what makes it shit.
Nah, if I want that I can go replay FU, the series should keep adding shit.
etc etc is code for I'm out of example but the game sucks.

Depends if the leaks are correct about Iceborne because then the content gap will be much smaller. Plus World has a higher play count as we speak and it's being continuously updated, unlike GU.

Shit you're right, I forgot about fucking drachen.
4U is still a worthy mention though.

I didn't like this game because you have to spend 100 hours grinding to get to the good part, and once you've played one MH game you've played them all - after spending 100s of hours in 3U and 4U it feels awful to have to start again

But the most skillful weapons in GU are also all pretty weak. Valor HBG is braindead, the only somewhat difficult weapon to master in GU that's also strong is Striker Lance, and that's mostly because you have zero defensive tools other than Readiness.

>Being on a cooldown and part of a limited loadout.
So world having the same moves but spammable and making all of your regular combos obsolete is better?

So instead of
>fuck anime moves
your argument is
>fuck bars that go up and then down when you use move
At least the latter is a stronger argument than the former, but mantles literally have a cooldown. Did you forget that? They are a core part of the gameplay and change the way the game is played and also have a bar that goes up and down.
>the series should keep adding shit.
Unless it includes a bar that goes up and down that is not the specific form of up and down bar that I like.

>Having a better evade than actually gemming in evasion + 3 in your armor with no moveset penalty rewards skillful play

>FUCKING VALOR
>SKILLFUL PLAY
youtube.com/watch?v=x4H6R-Ziawo

>most OP form of mounting
>what is World
Not only does it go back to the pre nerf levels of ease but it ends with an attack from your weapon. Now combine that with say a Girros Charge Blade which is an impact CB study paralysis, that monster won't be going anywhere between all of those.
Its even worse if you're playing with a palico on Rotten Vale.

Yes. In monster hunter when you choose your weapon you have chosen your moveset. The end.
I don't care what they do for some spinoff game. But it's gone for a reason. Mantles aren't moveset, they're closer to wystones.

I notice you both gave up arguing for styles, maybe even you two realize how shitty they are. I'll admit arts were less shitty, still shitty though.

>valor HBG has twice the damage reduction on valor evade than other weapons
>valor HBG is the only weapon that gets free evasion+2 on regular rolls in valor
>valor HBG is the only weapon that remains unsheathed after a valor dodge
They must have done it on purpose.

>Being on a cooldown and part of a limited loadout
So basically you don't like them because they aren't as powerful? Seems like a strike against world if anything.
In any case that's irrelevant, because you can easily just change them out or even just have the weapon specific ones to recreate world sets.

Needless to say there's not much of a difference

Don't think shit scaled as easily in 4U so mounts were basically 24/7, and the final attack might actually be a DPS loss over just being dropped immediately and being able to go ham with your ground combos, depending on weapon.
You could argue it's a lot more abusable in world because of all the FUCKING slopes though.

No I don't like them because I don't like limiting my moveset. I want all my options at once. I'd rather have one or two well thought out new moves per game than a fuckload of limiting styles where one or two are leaps and bounds better.

>I don't care what they do for some spinoff game
I don't see what Stories has to do with this.

>this game is bad
>here's a HBG TA to prove my point
doesn't it get tiring? can't you do this for every single game?

Attached: 56007844d822693c2784facac545f084.jpg (500x649, 32K)

>I'd rather have one or two well thought out new moves per game
Would be nice if World's new moves were actually well thought out then and not just hunter arts without cooldown

>because I don't like limiting my moveset
Then use all of the weapon arts. Easy solution.
There's only two, maybe three for each.

Also that's an absolutely terrible justification.

Literally anyone can annihilate monsters with valor HBG effortlessly. If your gear is good enough they shouldn't even get to move, your sheer damage output will flinch lock them.

I was never arguing for styles or anything, my first post was Absolute evasion isn't a "moveset", mantles are the exact same thing but better.
If you just want to focus on shitting on styles, okay, but if you want to shit on arts you can't defend mantles just because they are items. Wystones are much more niche than mantles, but similar concept, just like arts, yes.
I mean according to mantles are shit since you can't use them all. Same with bowgun ammo, coatings, oil, etc.

just got ppsspp. Should I play FU or P3RD??

>doesn't it get tiring?
Listfag/smash spammer/epicfag doesn't tire of shitposting. Good for a show when you're taking a shit though.

FU. P3rd is hot shit.

get citra and play GU instead. or buy world.

boring way to play. i have never gunned and i have over 2k hours. have very little respect for gunners. holier than thou pricks.

They mostly fit. World is the best iteration of several weapons imo including Lance which I've been using since 2004.
No it isn't. It's a perfectly fine justification.
Items are different from moveset to me. If I could only bring one type of trap I'd be fine. If I had to choose between charging or countering I'd be pissed.

Well, yeah, most people don't actually like bowguns because of how OP they are. The issue is that Cpacom doesn't get this, and keeps making bowguns MORE overpowered because they think that will attract more players.

both are fun, could probably get through p3rd quickly then move on to FU after a while

It's as much of a cakewalk as any game past FU, don't try to pretend otherwise.

I already play gu. Im just want some monhun on my laptop which cant run citra.

>ruining rathalos by making it unhittable 50% of the time, forcing flash bomb spam
>"they actually made it better, dumbass!"
Tribabs are the worst of the worst

As long as everyone acknowledges bowgun shitters as in their own little zone and not really part of monster hunter, all is okay.
they get to play their own point and click adventures and everyone else gets to actually enjoy the game in their own rooms.

>They mostly fit.
So let's look at what some weapons get then.
>GS
Gets completely butchered into some stationary piece of junk that needs to combo off for eternity to do big damage, essentially reliant on lucky RNG or stagger locks
>Hammer
Only new move basically fills the same role its old combos did, triple pound is essentially worthless now
>SnS
Gets a new super move that's completely spammable despite doing more damage than any of its HAs, now revolves solely around doing this in most matchups
>DB
Old moveset entirely gone in favor of having the triangle combo damage dialed up to absurd levels and turning demon dance into a HA
>LS
Old gameplay style completely gone, now you just spam foresight into helmbreaker
>SA
Old precise combo replaced with wild flailing, dodges gutted, can't fluidly attack out of a roll with sword anymore
>IG
Gone from a perfectly flowing long range melee weapon to tornado slash spamming hit and run
>CB
unga bunga saed

man can you just taste all the IMPROVEMENTS

>Putting 4U below world
>but higher than GU
I can't tell if this is cringe or based

It doesn't have G rank so it's naturally a bit less challenging, but I think portable 3rd definitely deserves some praise for being the most "well rounded" monster hunter, and a template for future games.

Nobody is forcing you to play in those boring ways though. In singleplayer games, imbalance is always the player's fault.

Tri is the best though, except for maybe 3u

>nobody is forcing you to play in those boring ways though
correct, I wonder what this whole thread has been about though...

>Playing Hammer in a group is pure cancer because of reworked Weakness Exploit skill

I'm a hammer main relatively new to MH, explain?

Attached: 1541472806485.gif (250x300, 785K)

Items are definitely different but the concept is similar. Especially so with bowguns.
I just feel like complaining about moveset with styles is strange when you're typically gaining and losing something only if you pick like 3 of the styles. Guild is literally just the pure oldschool moveset, and still viable even with arts. Look up some TAs, guild is used for some weps.
I just feel like it's a baseless complaint to say styles limit you when it's actually your choice to limit your moveset by choosing another style without compensating with arts.
Unless your complaint is that you can't use all arts at all times? That doesn't really fit though, since you said "charging or countering" which doesn't even apply in X or XX.
And I really hope isn't you since I would question whether you've even played X or XX at that point.

>Only new move basically fills the same role its old combos did, triple pound is essentially worthless now
You're fucking retarded.
Hammer has the overall best moveset in the game.

>it's your job to fix the developers' fuckups

where can I get a patched rom of GU for citra?

Attached: 1559238992052.jpg (673x960, 88K)

Both

>Gets completely butchered into some stationary piece of junk that needs to combo off for eternity to do big damage, essentially reliant on lucky RNG or stagger locks
What is the tackle. GS in MHW is most fluid it has ever been because of how the tackle works with the combo.
>Only new move basically fills the same role its old combos did, triple pound is essentially worthless now
Let's just ignore how wrong you are about the triple pound and focus to the fact that you ignored the spin of doom from a slide that is the most fun and satisfying move to do.
I didn't even bother to read the rest of the weapons, but they are probably just as full of shit as the first two.

isosland.net/viewtopic.php?t=1177

[Better Render Settings]
60D4BF48 00000000
B0D4BF48 00000000
00006B20 XXXXXXXX

>don't like it, don't use it
>singleplayer games don't need to be balanced!
Ignoring this obvious nonsense, if weapon mastery can be literally reduced to spamming circle over and over, that's a fundamental design flaw

>He defends Rathalos' superman world tour
FU are delusional

GS in world is fucking braindead
>free cancels into nearly instant retries
>get to bruteforce through attacks with nearly no regards for spacing
>free staggers if it connects
>all while building up to the strongest GS attack in the franchise

>isosland.net/viewtopic.php?t=1177
that download link is cancer can u link a torrent like an adult

yeah because GS in 4U and GU was the pinnacle of skill right.

>get crit draw
>open into charge
>sheathe
>repeat

No that's not me. It was just an example. If I didn't want that awful corkscrew attack I had to take some weird moveset changes. And then it was optimal to just charge spam which also was annoying.
I prefer new GS I hated hit and run. I played it in MH1 before it had a charge and loved it, but when it became a sheathe simulator I hated it.
I don't hammer
I don't sns but I agree the dropdown needs toned down.
I didn't mind the new DS but I'm a casual with them
LS is really fun in this game. Haven't had this much fun with it since FU.
Don't SA
Really enjoy the IG in this game
Really enjoy the CB but they need to adjust the SAED.

My counter argument is out of what I play not a single one is better in Gen

Simple moveset doesn't mean low skill ceiling. Keep ignoring what he said.

>fuck up your distance or don't capitalize on an opening
>get fucked
At least the payoff was fair and didn't let you just bruteforce your way through monsters

GS has the lowest skill ceiling of all the weapons behind the ranged weapons.

>not a single one is better in Gen
You do realise you have CB there, right?

cringe

GU purists are the meleefags of monster hunter.

>NEW GAME BAD
>ACCESSIBILITY BAD
>WHERES THE CHALLENGE?
>NOOO, AT'S AND EXTREMOTH NOT CHALLENGE, THAT UNFAIR/POOR DESIGN

Yep. I went from playing a fuckload of CB in 4u to basically dropping it in gen.

>Rathalos doesn't switch zones as often
There, i fixed rathalos without butchering it. Nice strawman, retard.

GU purists is an oxymoron, the people you're talking about are 4U fans

>GU purists
???????????????????????????

Oh, so you're a lancechad. Yeah, X guild had that shitty third poke. Striker is the OG lance with the normal triple poke.
Literally no moveset change, arts are all up to you, game doesn't force you to charge. There were TA records without charging but I believe they would typically use adept counterlancing.
But again, no moveset changes here. Unless you specifically choose them out of your own free will.

can u link something that isnt trash like a mega or something?

I love MHW, but the Behemoth is one of the worst fights in the whole MH series.
Why do you even still cling on to the Behemoth when AT Nerg is decently difficult fight without being a huge mess that the Behemoth is?

I'm incapable of using things that aren't calculated to be the best by the community, every time I see someone use alchemy style I have to pace around the room for 5 minutes

lazy fucks, get spoonfed with basic google shit and then you complain some more
niggers I tell ya

>that's a fundamental design flaw
Only because you're taking a casual game too seriously.
Talking about "mastering" fucking Monster Hunter. What's next, Mario Party at EVO?

not getting enough attention at home?

And yet you picked it up again in World where it was significantly worse than 4 and X.

three-quarters of the posts ITT

Attached: badbait.jpg (500x501, 27K)

????
Behemoth has been the BEST fight in all of mhw, AT nerg and AT xeno is a bitch and piss easy to solo.

Because he knows that Behemoth is a ridiculously tedious hunt.

a-actually if you're not using top tier armor and not running the health augment then there's ALMOST a cost to using the tackle

>Over half of them are shitmons like Yian Kut-Ku and Velocidrome
That's 75% of worlds roster as well

The fact that all he could come up with was Yian kut-ku and velocidrome really highlights how strong GUs monsters are desu

Or that he hasn't played it.

Attached: sq.png (1550x848, 1.14M)

We get it, you like to fuck fishes. Now get your sick fetish off this board