Ryzen 3000

How good are the new ryzen CPUs for emukation?

Any benchmarks?

Attached: article-1280x720.dd1b7fd4.jpg (1280x720, 344K)

Other urls found in this thread:

forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-new-dolphin-5-0-cpu-benchmark-results-automatically-updated--45007
youtube.com/watch?v=GE6m-iWSj4A
youtube.com/watch?v=PXEsScg4OZk
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anything other than intel is crap

I can only say anecdotally that my 3600 runs Demon's Souls like a charm, even though my video card is a 1050

That's the only emulation benchmark I could find

Attached: Ryzen-3900X-3700X-review-Dolphin2.png (1800x1200, 59K)

>no TSX
still crap

>AnYtINg OtHEr ThAN InTeL is CRaP

FX6300 master race

Attached: 1560722228005.jpg (700x700, 99K)

Do you have an older Board or x570?
Which ram do u use and at which speed?

do you like the new cpu?

WTF I'm going to pay more for Intelâ„¢ now

Attached: F3A6CF5C42BBC6A3AECC9CC5BE7FCC913ACE78FB[1].jpg (1024x897, 139K)

It's a B450. I have 8gb of ram at 2400.

Which brand? How is the BIOS treating you? I heard they are still not great.

Why only 2400? Never tried to overclock it? AMD says the new CPUs support up to 3200

what is the a benchmark of?
>5 minutes
were they running on interpreter or something?

MSI. It sucked. I'd highly reccomend any other brand, but some MSI boards have a feature to flash the board without a CPU, which might be helpful.
The RAM is from an old build, when ram was more expensive and I had less money in general. I might overclock it/ upgrade, but I think most benchmarks show that there's diminishing returns after 2400. That's probably outdated info, though.

>anything other than Intel is crap
>saying that after the Ryzen reveal btfo Intel in price and performance
>Intel literally coping while AMD is sandbagging no less
Nice try intcel.

>Dolphin is by far the most popular Gamecube and Wii emulator with one of the most well developed and strong communities on the net. Emulators have been known to be incredibly bottlenecked by single threaded performance. This benchmark runs a Wii program that raytraces a complex 3d scene inside the emulator, this is a very intensive task on one core. Results are given in time.

Those looking to test this benchmark on their own system please check here.
>"Click here" = forums.dolphin-emu.org/Thread-unofficial-new-dolphin-5-0-cpu-benchmark-results-automatically-updated--45007

If you've got more or better emu benches, I'm all in.
I want to see the r5 3600 especially. I'm not paying 350 bucks for a cpu

Fuck. And I wanted to but the b450 gaming pro carbon ac
This shit is making me mad af
old bioses suck and the new board are expensive as shit and need a chipset fan

Do you have any recommendations my man?

>Dolphin is by far the most popular Gamecube and Wii emulator with one of the most well developed and strong communities on the net. Emulators have been known to be incredibly bottlenecked by single threaded performance. This benchmark runs a Wii program that raytraces a complex 3d scene inside the emulator, this is a very intensive task on one core. Results are given in time.

Do you have an older AM4 CPU?

No
Still got a toaster and wanted to buy something after waiting for 2 years.
Maybe b550 board will be good, but they could release at the end of this year or even next
Fuuck this shit

Coping inteltard detected

google for youtube gameplays. for example
youtube.com/watch?v=GE6m-iWSj4A

persona 5 is running pretty well on rpcs3, but constant 60fps is surprisingly good. i thought it's gonna drop some frames on the school corridor (for some reason it's a demanding location), but no, constant 60

>overclock ram
>ram speed matters

Attached: QaYqtd7.png (645x729, 90K)

this one's pretty impressive too
youtube.com/watch?v=PXEsScg4OZk

It literally does in cpu limits. Which is exactly where emulation performs
How can you be such a brainlet

Well, these are good but I want to bring the performance into relation.
I need to compare it to at least SOMETHING

that might be a problem. i can tell you that my ryzen 1700 would barely be able to hold constant 30fps in either of those two locations

Yes or No
Buy R5 3600?

Attached: 1563068912082m.jpg (819x1024, 72K)

>AdoredTV
kys

Barely used in RPCS3.

Buy R3700X, next gen consoles are coming for your threads and you'll need all 16 of them

>tfw my r5 2600 will arrive tomorow
AHH I WANT IT RIGHT NOW

If you want cheaper than X570, MSI is coming out with MAX series updated B450/X470 motherboards, which will support Zen 2 out of the box.

had mine for a year wont upgrade for a while since I used my x4 965 for almost 10 years.

But these fuckers aren't refreshing the gaming pro carbon ac
And they won't release until September earliest

I've got one, it's very nice. Makes sure you install the latest AMD chipset drivers for huge gains.

It's 150 bucks more expensive than the 3600

im waiting for ryzen 3000 ready boards, im reading a lot of bad shit is happening yo b450 chipset owners like
>high temps on idle
>corrupted win installations
>randomly getting no post on boot

the problem from what i understand is that current chipsets besides x570 have a size limitation when it comes to the ryzen3000 compatible BIOS

I read that ryzen 3600 is one of the best value for your money cpu at the moment, but how is it's longevity?
Should I get 3700x if I don't want to buy new Cpu, say for next 5 to 7 years?
Currently running 3570k and there are basically no complications running games, but some programs take a toll..

Buy 3600 and a new cpu in 5 years

What's better for 100+ fps 1440p: a 3600, 3700x, or 9700k?

>9700k
>8 threads
Get the 9900k, the 9400F or go amd

Based

things changed about 7 years ago when internals of the cpu started being tied directly to ram speed.

now ram speed makes a HUGE difference.

There is literally no reason to use jewtel, every new security patch to fix CPU backdoor exploit is going to slow the performance down 10%+ each time. AMD is less affected by this.

AMD won over intel.

Now if only AMD cards would stop being trash, that'd be great.
They already won at CPUs. Focus on the fucking GPUs now.

The general rule now is that Intel has better average framerate but AMD has better 1% and 0.1% framerates so AMD appears smoother to the eye.

You literally pulled this out of your ass

Show me 5 games where this is true

Worth buying a 3700x to upgrade my current 1700?

How is it for wiiu/ps3 emulation? I'm thinking of getting 2600 because it's so cheap now, doesn't feel worth it to go for 3600 since considering my gpu.

I'd wait till Ryzen 3000 series motherboards are all revised and had a few BIOs updates, they have only just brought out new supporting motherboards. Unless you want everything running like shit and games not working.

What graphics card will you be using?

>Nobody has still tried to run MH4U on Citra
Dead CPU desu.

>7nm
>Still can't beat 14nm++++++ in gayming
fucking sad m8

Intel is slightly higher because each core runs at 5.0 GHZ vs R9's 4.6 GHZ and emulators usually only use 1 maybe 2 cores at most.

On a side note the 9900k with 8 cores was selling for $700 just a couple of weeks vs R9 with 12 cores at $500 but then Intel went into a panic and dropped the prices on all their chips by 25-30%. But even after the price drops the 9900k is still more expensive by like $25.

>$330 cpu not that far behind a $500 cpu
not bad, amd, not bad

Intel is literally dead in the water now

They have multiple security issues and now their chip runs hotter than AMD. Plus they are way behind in price to performance ratio

2070 super or 2080 super if it doesn't turn out to be literally nothing over the regular 2080

Ryzen 3000 literally beats intel in csgo, that says a lot

yh right because programmers can make use of them stupid nigger

What does it say about Intel beating AMD in most other games?