Melee

i genuinely hate melee players. these slovenly, unwashed autists who refuse to accept anything new even when it's better. sakurai wanted to be done with smash after brawl. but brawl, even though it was leaps and bounds superior to (s)melee, just wasnt fucking good enough for them. so he sticks around for one more game and makes smash 4. sure, it didn't have the soul that brawl did, but it fixed the "casual" problem and provided a fast, competitive game without all of the things like tripping (s)meleefags complained about. but no, it's still not good enough. you force him to slave away AGAIN for smash ultimate. and he works his ass off, putting in every single requested character, adding competitive tech like parrying, bringing back your stupid airdodging, making it so you dont have to autistically abuse glitches to immediately perform attacks out of dashes anymore.

and you know what? it's fucking perfect. its a flawless game. its better than melee by a country mile. sakurai is literally killing himself working on these games and he finally delivered absolute perfection. and you ungrateful little whelps won't play it. he does all of this wonderful shit and even tries to make ultimate with the competitive tourney autist in mind, and you ignore it. because you're afraid you'll actually enjoy it and will have to leave your secret little melee club that has a 5000 hour glitch tech practice barrier for entry instead of fighting non-autists in the superior game where everyone has even footing. fuck you. i really hope nintendo just says fuck it and prevents people from streaming melee anymore. the radiation from those CRTs has made you all retarded. ungrateful, unapologetic, autistic retards. kill yourselves stinky smelly meleefags.

Attached: file.png (220x307, 149K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=JpOaQxrsaqI&t=0s
youtube.com/watch?v=8nsiIOaBXzI
youtu.be/S2nnXU2qGpA
bignokh.com/2017/01/26/smash-history-the-early-ages-2001-2003/
youtube.com/watch?v=qdGJtlUG5cs
youtube.com/watch?v=xEt06bVZfp8
twitter.com/MVG_Mew2King/status/1153193231221477376
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Melee deserves praise purely for being the last game to feature N64-era designs for the majority of the characters

The gameplay was best and tightest in melee and there is nothing you can do about it

have hygiene

tl;dr
the only people more annoying than meleefags are melee haters

What is wrong with rewarding putting time and effort into a game? Regardless of the game. Even in ultimate, someone who has played for 5000 hours will be better than someone who has played for 50. Having your hand be held all the time while the game's mechanics forgive you from making countless mistakes is a bad thing. The fact that Melee is so unforgiving is a good thing. One wrong move can cost you a stock at 0%. It teaches you the value of practice and improving yourself.

I'm still waiting for a real Star Fox game

>What is wrong with rewarding putting time and effort into a game?
because the "time" and "effort" is just acquiring muscle memory to execute glitch tech. in ultimate, making mistakes boils down to execution and reading, not because you didn't input a fucking glitch correctly.

I was a massive Brawlfag with a chip on my shoulder for the longest time. I felt this way until actually I got into Melee and now my eyes have opened to the beauty.

Attached: come_on2_.webm (1280x720, 2.44M)

So meleefags are leet hackers now?

>brawl, even though it was leaps and bounds superior to (s)melee
Not an objective fact.
>smash 4 [...] didn't have the soul that brawl did
I fucking swear, this is the main argument most Brawl fans around here have.
>you force him [Sakurai] to slave away AGAIN
He is a contractor for Nintendo. If anything, Nintendo is forcing him. And they do it because of sales. So we should all stop buying Smash games?
>and you ungrateful little whelps won't play it [SSBU].
But an incredibly high amount of Melee players got into SSBU? The amount of players who is actively dividing the community - like you are doing right now, OP - is actually very small.

In total, get fucked.

>ultimate is a flawless game
>has worst input lag
>has horseshit online
>most of the cast is just clones or semiclones
What the hell is a glitch tech? L-cancelling? Wavedashing? Chain grabs? L-cancelling was left in for the updated PAL version of the game, and wavedashing was never taken out during development despite sakurai admitted to knowing that it was in the game. Wobbling was taken out in brawl but icies still had an infinite chaingrab. Sakurai designed brawl, smash 4, and ultimate to be simpler games because he felt like melee was too unfair for beginners.
"I think a lot of Melee players love Melee. But at the same time, I think a lot of players, on the other hand, gave up on Melee because it’s too technical, because they can’t keep up with it...And I know there were players who got tendinitis from playing, and messing with the controller so much...that really is hard on the player. And I feel like a game should really focus on what the target audience is."

does ultimate even have momentum carrying into jumps lol?

nope

meleefags execute arbitrary code in realtime during the fastest smash game ever

jesus christ how 1337

Cope.

This post smells

hes he knew you could do it but he didn't bother to take it out because he didnt realize how it would effect the game and its legacy. when he stopped releasing revised versions of melee in 2003 wavedashing still wasnt the meta defining mechanic that it is now. also l-cancelling is a useless tech i have no idea why it was even added.

>i genuinely hate melee players
>giant wall of text
I'm sure if you spent time doing something you actually enjoyed, you wouldn't think of melee if you hate it that much
I won't read your wall of text it's probably false or you're angry for some stupid ass reason that you can control

Attached: 8B59093297CD43A49BE6AC22910A96FF.jpg (724x1024, 126K)

>471305141, no (You) for you
>hurr smelly :DDD
That's the only answer I'm going to get, right?
Thanks for showing that you have no actual arguments to back up your position.
Have a wonderful day, user.

>most of the cast is just clones or semi clones
what game are we talking about here?
>marth/roy
>link/young link
>mario/dr.mario
>pikachu/pichu
>fox/falco
>falcon/ganon

What do Melee players even want? Will they just refuse to play anything that isn't a 1:1 copy of melee?

they'll play a good smash game. it took damn near a decade for sakurai to make a good smash game again, and now plenty of them got into ultimate

To preface:
a) I don't agree with the very few Melee hardliners in the community and believe Ultimate to be an excellent game.
b) I think the amount and influence of Melee hardliners is massively overblown, and for each one of them you have more people like OP screaming about them as if they matter.
Regarding your question:
Melee is a very unique game with mechanics that have not been replicated since, with the exception of a few indie games that set out to do specifically this. So it makes sense that it still has its own niche, comprised of the players who are in it specifically for these unique mechanics.

it's an awesome game, the controls are tight, the physics are so satisfying, it's fast, reactionary dynamic, it's rewarding progression. but holy motherfucker is the community retarded

Ok, what the hell does stage striking look like in Samus vs Puff. Ban FD and...DL?

Why does Melee live rent free in people's mind so hard?

No it wasn't. You were required to abuse glitches to even have a chance of winning.

so?

wave dashing is not an exploit, devs intentionally coded sliding into the game to give it a more seamless transition as they noticed air dodging was finicky. it's more of a physics exploit, far from a glitch.

>be child
>grow up playing Brawl and be good enough to beat all your friends
>get into more serious Smash discussion
>find out your favorite is not only no longer played, but also largely ridiculed
>everyone only talks about a more skillful game that came out before you were born
>they're not THAT good, must be the glitches
>remain eternally asshurt forever

Nobody really wants a 1:1 copy of Melee anymore. That was the case several years ago when PM was a big deal, but now people have grown tired of the flaws of Melee.
People want some semblance of the benefits of Melee (movement options, stylish and expressive combos, fast pace) but in a fresh way. Ultimate feels like a slight movement towards this, and is more successful with Melee players than Smash 4 was, but it's still kinda boring to play and to watch. Also the online sucks, and that seems to be the main barrier for some people like Leffen and Mang0. Melee netplay is somehow better than Ultimate online.

Ultimate would be 10x better if you could filter wifi shitters.

Utimate feels too stressful to watch because I'm always anxiously waiting for some BS like this
Melee has gimps too, but it never feels that bad unless it's Hbox

Attached: sampup.jpg (854x480, 149K)

>Ult perfect
Not with the switch's input delay it isn't.

ultimate is almost there, but for fuck sake get rid of this stupid input lag, retarded buffer and give me a proper online you stupid chinks

Buffering is actually a good system and is a feature that most actual fighting games have.

Hahahha imagine thinking wavedashing/l-canceling/dashdanching or any movement techniques in general are glitches. They're not--they're simply consequences of the physics system implemented within melee. Are you going to proclaim now that trains, busses, and airplanes are "glitches" because walking exists? That we don't need light bulbs because of the sun? No, of course not. An actual glitch would be more comparable to a something that violates the laws of physics such as a perpetual motion device.

Attached: 1453918334421.gif (320x240, 2.86M)

yes but not this weird "hold" buffer. Sm4sh buffer was perfectly fine

Holy shit

Attached: 1561309618203.jpg (411x620, 39K)

Ahh yes that must be why Samsho decreased theirs. Or why SFV was lambasted at release for how bad it was that they had to decrease theirs as well. Even FGC players hate that janky shit.

youtube.com/watch?v=JpOaQxrsaqI&t=0s
Melee
vs
Ultimate
youtube.com/watch?v=8nsiIOaBXzI

honestly the bottom is good enough

melee is still better though

Do you genuinely believe Sakurai went out to create that autistic inescapable horizontal combo that relies on a move originally intended to be a reflect when he didn't bother to remove wavedashing? He literally didn't see it as an issue but once he saw that kind of monstrosities in that gif he was sure to be thorough about getting rid of it in Brawl.

He had the chance to remove it in PAL retard

>appealing to Sakurai's intentions
he also intended you to play Smash Tour and World of Light

This is the textbook definition of rent free.

>He had the chance to remove it in PAL retard
Yeah in 2003 when competitive melee was what it is today and wavedashing dominated the metagame. Kek just kidding faggot it was a time when items were enabled and mute city, pokefloats and fucking rainbow cruise were tournament legal.

why yes, i play Melee, how could you tell?

Attached: smashtournament1.png (640x480, 466K)

>Literally any other game series removes features and panders to casuals at the expense of the core fanbase
"Fucking shitty devs, at least I can play the old games"
>Smash removes features and panders to casuals
BASED SAKURAI!!!!! PLEASE SHIT IN MY MOUTH!!!!! STINKY MELEEFAGS NEED TO MOVE ON!!!!!!!!!! ULTIMATE IS LITERALLY PERFECT!!!!!!!!

seething

That reminds me
>it’s a smasher accuses another smasher of smelling episode
Spidermenpointingateachother.png

>Why yes, I play Ultimate and have homosexual underage relationships with other Ultimate players. How could you tell?

Attached: CaptainZack.webm (640x360, 1.53M)

I can't imagine being so butthurt over a game lasting so long. Every person I've met that hates it is just someone who can't get good at it or has never even tried it. Why don't you go shit yourself?

youtu.be/S2nnXU2qGpA
Alien vs Predator

but it's not a good system when it decides that you directional airdodge after hitstun when you already let go of shield after failing to shield in time and also decides you want to roll after teching

>Hahahha imagine thinking wavedashing/l-canceling/dashdanching or any movement techniques in general are glitches. They're not--they're simply consequences of the physics system implemented within melee. Are you going to proclaim now that trains, busses, and airplanes are "glitches" because walking exists? That we don't need light bulbs because of the sun? No, of course not. An actual glitch would be more comparable to a something that violates the laws of physics such as a perpetual motion device.

Holy nutballs what is this guy on

Attached: ADHD.gif (400x400, 1.19M)

Wavedashing isn't hard, user. You aren't bad at video games, right?

bignokh.com/2017/01/26/smash-history-the-early-ages-2001-2003/

>autistic inescapable horizontal combo
I'll take Smash Directional Influence for 500, please.

Sakurai may not have intended waveshining certain characters to be a thing, but waveshining is a consequence of the physics that Sakurai intentionally designed melee around. Whether he thought it was a bad idea or even knew it existed in the first place is completely irrelevant to it's status as a glitch. Was it a bad design choice? According to Sakurai, yes, given its absence in the later games, but it was never a glitch. Just because a technique isn't listed in the game manual or is looked down upon its creator does not discredit it as a genuinely useful technique that enhances the depth of the gameplay.

bro i can't afford new video games
i haven't played the new smash
melee nostalgia is all i've got

>chudat and chillin already placed back in 2002
Holy shit these guys have stuck around long.

>thinking preferring melee means hating brawl
>shieldstopping and upthrowing is "fast and competitive"
>implying you couldn't already perform tilts out of full dashes the exact same way you can in smash ultimate by canceling your run into a crouch
>implying parrying does jack shit when you have to go into a full run before you can shieldstop
>claiming any game other than cave story is perfect
based retard
maybe if you weren't a seething 16 year old you'd be able to know what the fuck you're talking about

Attached: (You).jpg (463x352, 55K)

cope zoomer

Attached: 1563416634720[1].jpg (904x494, 104K)

>force him to slave away AGAIN for smash ultimate
>sakurai is literally killing himself working on these games

While I'll agree with some of the points here, this is my least favorite thing smash fans say. Game developers like game development. It is their passion.

Yes, Sakurai is overworked, he's said so before, but saying that he isn't passionate, that he is only doing this for the fans, the he is essentially a slave to the fans, completely ignores the mentality most devs have.

The movement in Melee is better OP this isn't even a contest.

I challenge you to pick Captain Falcon in Melee and run and jump around. It feels like sex. Afterwards, pick him in ultimate. He feels like shit. Air momentum and platform movement feels like complete fucking shit in the newer Smash games. If you bring this up you get tons of people outright denying this fact or conjuring up "balance" for the reason why this change had to happen, even though it makes playing Smash less fun as a result. Movement is what makes a platformer and Smash is heavily derivative of platformers. there is simply no getting around this fact.

That said, I still like Ultimate. When you make posts like this OP, you come off as someone with a HUGE chip on their shoulder. Just enjoy your game and stop being a faggot.

Attached: 119nq1h.jpg (201x216, 6K)

I play Falcon in ultimate, he feels great. Actually has his based 64 combos back as well.

>I play falcon in ultimate
me too
>he feels great
Compared to Brawl and Smash 4? Sure. Compared to 64, Melee, Project M? LMAO no. He feels like shit to run and jump around with user.

Not worth replying to him user, he's probably never played anything other than 4.

>why yes, I play Ultimate, how did you know?

Attached: sx7z4su46qxy.png (1079x1071, 1.47M)

Sounds just as autistic as the gay ass Tekkenfags

>my favorite smash game? Ultimate of course

Attached: tranny zoomer.jpg (1200x671, 111K)

>autistic microspacing tools
>neutral focused yet aggressive
>reading techs is a crucial part of the punish game
literally korean melee

This is every Nintendo series. They are probably the only fanbase autistic enough to have elitist casuals.

Attached: accessibility_in_gaming.gif (260x284, 1.02M)

Attached: D34407D5-DB86-4406-B6A9-FC404A870846.jpg (520x750, 31K)

In the end, maybe Salem was right. Maybe Melee really isn't part of the smash community and that we need to take all necessary actions to distance ourselves away from the literal pedos of the smash community.

they put his nair on the pinball machine
he teleports to the top of his shorthop, so landing the first hit is unreliable against shorter characters
also, for some fucking reason, the first hit of nair is now the combo starter, which means you're vulnerable while you rise to the peak of your shorthop
if he could reliably do the falcon standard that would be cool, but some of the decisions they made with him make no fucking sense to me
the buffs were pretty alright, though

Casuals are the core fanbase stinky

The core of sales but when he says core fanbase he obviously means people that don't ditch the game after a few months. Ignoring that, his point still stands.
>Any other series scrubifies a game = bad
>Nintendo scrubifies a game = WTF SO BASED FUCK SKILL

i genuinely believe the changes made in brawl were a naive attempt to balance the game through universal changes

Casuals play the game for years, it's a core game to the switch just like mario kart. it never goes out of style. casuals just don't autistically cling to the same game for the entire console lifetime and then 3 console generations after. they like to play OTHER game but play smash too.

nah this guy is right. it might not be glitches per say but all the tournament crap is legit exploiting. it’s basically a step up from speed running glitches.

thats why despite how i love the combat system, i finally dropped the game a few years ago. its too cringy watching the tournament play where they just move around in embarrassing ways.

not to me mention the cheap shit like killing people with foxes shield at 20% or landing jigglypufffs sleep for 1 hit kills. its enough the game was meant for honorable fighting not so some autistic bitch could win a tournament 4 stocking their opponent using cheap moves.

I like how you can tell that this guy never actually played the game in any competitive manner despite saying that he "dropped it" just from the way he types.

>all the things they use in tournament are just glitches
So? If it makes the game more fast paced and enjoyable who care?

>has his based 64 combos back as well.
What the fuck am I reading? 64 and anything after Melee is night and day, simply based on the insane difference in hitstun.

Captain Falcon's bread and butter KO combo in 64 was up air > up air > up - b which is a combo he does have in ultimate.

youtube.com/watch?v=qdGJtlUG5cs

falcon has insane combo game, and this was before they even buffed him. way to out yourself as someone who didnt play the game.

nigga you can jump and air dodge right out of that shit

bro we used to play competitive all the time thats how i know all this

Didn't the Melee website explicitly reference Falco's pillar combos?

Attached: 2e678596e45c5efe233747947f8cb3e9.jpg (680x751, 51K)

i'll give you that it's a miasma of bullshit, but c-stick di goes a long way to ensure that there's counter play around most of it, and the top tiers tend to have a unique kind of bullshit against the other top tiers
not all match-ups are equal, obviously
it sucks that dash dancing looks as weird as it does. "fixing" the wonky animation means that you can't run dynamically anymore; fox trotting has set spacing and you're restricted to either going back and forth in the same place or hard committing to running forward.

past a certain percentage on some lighter characters sure, but it's still a potent kill combo near the ledge or upper blastline on the majority of the cast.

Yup. At least study up on the terminology before bullshitting so hard.

we get it, you drowned in pools in melee, no need to throw a bitchfit

I just emulated it recently to mod the shit out of it. The non-buffered input fucked with my Ultimate-playin-ass for a little while, but I was back at wave-dashing/L-canceling into self-destruct within the hour.

64 is for the nostalgiafags
Melee is for the tourneyfags
Brawl is for the modfags
WiiU or 4 is for the fags
Ultimate is for the casualfags

Now don't get me wrong, I fucking love smash ultimate and am already at 500+ hour into it, but melee is just so much more rewarding at higher level of play. You actually have to try for you bullshit to work. Being able to play the top tier semi-descently is fucking kino. Anybody can tier-whore in ultimate, but it actually takes dedication to be a tierwhore in melee.

T.Someone who tried to be a tourneyfag but ended up with 2500+ hours of arcane melee knowledge instead.

Attached: 1550179903157.jpg (470x492, 27K)

Melee rules and no other smash game will ever be as good. Anyone who claims another smash game is better simply is too much of a scrub at melee. Either learn the better game stfu pls. Now please reply with shower pics like the comedians you all are.

I think we have different definition of what counts as a combo. The string you're describing is absolutely not guaranteed.

One game:
>quick and reactive neutral
>amazing, deep combo game where almost every character can reliably zero do death each other through a blend of reads, reactions, and move knowledge
>highly skilled and technical

Vs. Another game:
>camper vs. disadvantage
>neutral play is disadvantageous because buffer system makes it impossible to properly space your character
>metagame based solely on whiff punishing with strong hits, grabbing into kill throws or confirms, and getting like 2-4 hit chains
>essentially the game boils down to chipping to 100 and then fishing for a kill move
>the players are just as fucking disgusting as melee or really any fighting game

Smash4 was a more valid competitive game that ultrashit. At least you could actually input moves and have them happen, not play though some fucking hideous hold buffer. Horrible design, i don't know what the fuck they were thinking.

>Anybody can tier-whore in ultimate, but it actually takes dedication to be a tierwhore in melee.
It's probably why Fox actually feels so good, a top tier that can actually get shat on because of a glass cannon archetype
All Smashfags stink bro, there's no need to be ashamed

>tightest
Factually the loosest.

Annnnnd brawl is somehow magically the least balanced game in the entire series

You act like Melee falcon had absurd combos that didn't rely on heavily reading your opponent or DI. Wizzrobe is the optimized Melee falcon and you hardly ever see the meme hype combos from him, just nairs and knees in neutral hoping to get a 2-3 hit conversion. Falcon in practice is nothing like n0ne raping significantly worse players than him. There's plenty of ultimate falcon combos that rely on reading, certain percentages, and how your opponent DIs but it's dishonest to say he doesn't have good combos when he does.

Not even the website, but one of falco's trophies

i dont know the terminology cause i actually played the game, my friends knew the technical terms but i just knew how to fight honestly.

N64 and a lot before it. Melee is like a love letter for all of what was finally retro nintendo all wrapped in this launch game on this console that kicks off nintendos more modern phase.

Yeah bro lemme hit you with fox's shield and jigglypuff's sleep real quick, totally an ex melee player brahhhh

Falcon up air combos into itself so no, you can't.

I have a friend who is a regional pr'd falcon i play frequently. He constantly talks about how falcon's aerial combos dont have a good finish unless you're really fucking retarded and double jump or get hit by up b which sucks. In no way is it comparable to what falcon does in melee. Falcon's strings are also not reliant or DI "reads", you can literally just see where they are and keep uairing.

>ultimate is good because Sakurai worked really hard okay guys
How did you even manage to stretch out this absolute retardation for two entire paragraphs

Attached: 1533007361431.png (419x398, 191K)

I was actually referring to his 64 vs SSBU conbos, since that is how the conversation started. And I'll stand by the fact that 64 and SSBU combos are not comparable because of 64's absurd hitstun and absence of DI.
I'm totally agreeing with the rest of your post though. Melee CF isn't the autocombo machine we thought he was in 2010, and he has some solid combos / strings / whatever we want to call it in Ultimate.

Is "dash dancing looks weird" simultaneously the fakest and most idiotic argument to claim melee is bad in the entire world?

i didn't say it was a success. i don't get why sakurai would try to prevent something he didn't give a shit about, and the majority of complaints he received were probably about shit being overpowered. they didn't have the time to focus on making every character balanced, so i imagine the changes to hitstun and recovery were an attempt to prevent overpowered shit outright. jank still prevailed considering the main priority was getting the game to work in the first place.
maybe im crazy

Knee, up air, and reverse back are good finishers, your friend is just shit. Where the fuck is he ranked, Uganda? Knee in Melee was just a retardedly strong kill move that came out faster, had a larger hitbox and could KO at 40.

For me it's either Cpt.Falcon or Luigi. Landing a Fair with Falcon or an UpB with Luigi is pure sex.

im talking about up b

>In no way is it comparable to what falcon does in melee.
his combo game is comparable he just isn't able to spam short hop knees in neutral because the move actually has a huge amount of landing recovery since brawl

and its still in ultimate, just completely useless so everyone approaches with safe air attacks again

lol you dont have to believe it but im serious we did play competitively for many years just cause we had nothing else to do. but like i said towards the end, it was starting to get annoying asf and at that point it felt like a waste of time. the fights lacked creativity and it all became how fast you could pick up a kill using the same moves.

it's not
fox trotting has completely static distances; true dash dancing allows you to run back at any time before a full run

You clearly dont know what you're talking about or what i'm talking about. Knee is trash in ultimate. Falcon doesn't even jump low enough to hit any aerial buffered on an opponent ahead of him. He's a shit designed character just like half the cast

Honestly

Ultimate is better, if only because of the convenience of being able to play it on a modern console. I love melee, but Ultimate did enough to supplant it in my mind.

Do you realize that by the time brawl came out the melee metagame was still extremely not technical and topped by foxes who couldnt waveshine or shine out of sheild, sheik, and marth? The only things people would have complained about were sheik chain grabs. And brawl has shit loads of chain grabs. Brawl was made how it was because sakurai is a moron who is shocked people would dare competitively play his videogame.

So you hate fun, gotcha.
I'm really not sure why you people lack the self-awareness to see yourselves as such. Ultimatefag here, but stop whining about people who prefer their own distinct mechanics. I played some Melee last weekend and it's still fun, just not something I can grasp too well.

Attached: 1561834808749.jpg (1024x1024, 157K)

Ultimate is literally worse than smash 4

all you need is to press L as you land and to press l right when you're about to jump while holding a diagonal down direction. this is the only skill barrier "more fun melee" has.

Actually being fair, knee is pretty good now, the hitbox got buffed pretty substantially. Even I can hit with it now, before it was always a fluke.

>Knee is trash in ultimate
How is it shit? Any high level falcon player will tell you the exact opposite. You just cannot throw stray short hop knees around without getting punished for them like you could in melee. You can't string together nairs like you could in smash but you buffered nairs, up airs and reverse back air all combo out of a down throw and then into other aerials except nair.

He was meh before he got buffed but now most people worth a damn at the game say him and Ken are pretty established high tier characters.

hi Cloud

Too much to ask from people who demand games to play themselves

lol

stomp into knee is a true combo, a braindead one at that.

Please tell me more about how shorthop knee whiffs are unpunishable in melee you fucking shitter lmfao. Falcon gets shit on by every top tier and everyone with a sword. He's not even top 20

Way more characters have way more braindead and less interactive kill confirms in ultimate than melee falcon stomp knee.

>Please tell me more about how shorthop knee whiffs are unpunishable in melee you fucking shitter lmfao
Why do you see 90% of wizzrobe's play being throwing that, up air and nair out in neutral? It doesn't have a literal half second of endlag like it does in Ultimate. It's just as punishable as any other whiffed aerial which is stupid for how it's also one of the earliest KO moves in melee

youtube.com/watch?v=xEt06bVZfp8

>refuse to accept anything new even when it's better
but nothing has improved on melee's formula

Please stop arguing if you don't know what you're talking about. Besides all the things that technique in particular opens up, there's also the conservation of motion between air and ground and very quick, snappy controls.

I didn't say melee was more fun, I prefer Ultimate. But I see why people consider it such. And by your logic, you're basically invalidating things like Snaking in MKDS or Reserves in CTR as valid arguments, each a simple mechanic that makes both of those games a lot more fun than they would be without them. Don't worry, I can't wavedash either, stop being mad about it.

Attached: 1562009267527.png (697x768, 174K)

This at least is a good thing to say about Melee, it came at just the right time where what it did felt so fresh, interesting, and fun, while still maintaining the same feeling the N64 had in how the game looked, sounded, and just felt. Luigi’s Mansion & Mario Sunshine also did this properly, Animal Crossing doesn’t count since that was literally an N64 game.
Now granted, if you look back on some characters like Fox & Mewtwo, they look completely hideous & aged like milk compared to their more modern designs, but the trophies & stages still all look very nice in Melee.

Look, talking from experience here, I've been trying to get most of my friends into the deeper circles of melee with only two success so far. For reference, if they can't do Z-motion in a fighting game like Street fighter, they sure as hell can't L-Cancel or Wave dash.

(You)ing you just to make sure you read

i was referring to falcon's stomp into knee in ultimate, not melee.

NINTENDO SMELLS LIKE SHIT BECAUSE THEY HAVE BEEN SHIT SINCE 2000S MEDIOCRITY OVER DEPTH, FUN, DIFFICULTY, FREEDOM AND ENJOYMENT.

THE LAST 4 SMASH GAMES ARE LIKE CALL OF DUTY.
NEVER FUCKING CHANGE WHERE PREVIOUS GAMES FELT DEEP CHANGES JUST LIKE ALL NINTENDO PROPERTIES TILL MID 2000S

ITS GOD DAMN OFFICESPACE OF NINTENDO GAMES ITS THE SAME TEDIOUS GOD DAMN THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN.

MELEE WHILE HAS ITS FLAWS EVERY ASSHOLE PLAYS THE GAME DIFFERENTLY.

IF I WAS NINTENDO

I WOULD TOOK MELEE AS A BASE AND MAKE EVERY MOVE HAVE 360 DEGREES AND THAT WOULD HAVE VERY DECISIVE EFFECTS ON WHEN YOU HIT PLAYERS.

I WOULD ADD AERIAL SMASHES CLANKS SHIELDS GRABS PARRIES

I WOULD ADD DOUBLE AND TRIPLE SMASHES

I WOULD ADD BUTTON PRESSURE TO GO WITH JUMPS AND ATTACKS.

INSTEAD I GOT CALL OF DUTY INSTEAD OF QUAKE WHERE A BALL IN THE SKY KILLS ALL PEOPLE WITH ONE BUTTON AND NO ATTACKS HITTING A PLAYER COMPARED TO THE ABSOLUTE PINBALL MECHANICS OF MELEE.

MELEE>SMASH 64>EVERY SMASH CLONE THAT HAS ANY MELEE OR IS COMPLETELY NEW>>>>>>>>>>>>SHIT >>>>>>>>SMASH CLONE WITH BRAWL MECHANICS>>>>PIECE OF SHIT CALL OF SMASH 3 TO 7

Attached: Screenshot_20190721-213500.png (720x1280, 587K)

>Melee is perfect, the game is so freeform and deep
>NO STOP WINNING IN THE WRONG WAY!
>NO STOP NERFING OTHER CHARACTERS AS WELL JUST NERF THE BAD MAN'S CHARACTER!

twitter.com/MVG_Mew2King/status/1153193231221477376

Attached: 1.png (608x883, 148K)

nobody ever said it was perfect

THAT'S NOT TRUE YOU DUMB FUCK AHAHAHA

a perfect game will never be perfectly balanced

if you get a stomp close to the ground it literally is, and it works into really high percentages on most of the cast too.

>everyone claims melee is perfect
We have the right to legislate out boring play, so we do. It's just like having a timer or no items.

>amazing, deep combo game
>vs
>metagame based solely on whiff punishing with strong hits
It is funny how this is the opposite way people react to other fighters. In most fighters being about a solid neutral rather than ToD combo autism is a positive.

Um, go back and read my post again. I can assure you i can wave dash, because it's super easy to do. I don't know how you fags have so many problems doing it.

>I WOULD TOOK MELEE AS A BASE AND MAKE EVERY MOVE HAVE 360 DEGREES
Oh god this autistic armchair game designer again

Just because you get a hundred on the exam doesn't mean you've mastered the course.

If Melee didn't have L-Cancelling I'd take the time needed to learn it.
It ruins the game flow for me.

>people complain about puff specifically stalling
>ruleset includes change to attack that character specifically, while incidentally fucking over like 4 other characters due to how the rule is structured
>"hey that change doesn't address the issue people complained about"
>your post
are you fucking stupid or just dumb

hi /pol/

>If you go to a tournament, you actually have to play the game and not spam ledge all day
No shit

making mistakes comes down the fact I need to make an input before I see what's happening on screen because the input lag is so bad.

Ok.
Normal kick hits you certain direction.

Do a kick aim at feet = high percentage light hit at 100 percent in melee where the guy flies for couple of seconds comes down and confuses people.

Compared to kick to stomach
Pushes guy away.

I want a fully controllable experience and if you don't want it you can suck my dick

I won't support mediocrity

play sheik

You act like people put a gun to his head, he could have stopped anytime he wanted to you fucking cuck.

lmao, why not just make a rule where Hbox starts with one stock. This ain't about balance or any shit, he is perfectly beatable and there are barely any good puffs. You guys even had to make up the laughable excuse she is too boring to play, clearly no one could want to win that bad. It is about babies not being able to handle defensive play and a last gasp to try and stop pros quitting.

If puff ain't allowed to, the others aren't either. That is just fair. Instead you guys are going to turn the game into an even bigger laughing stock as you make up rules in a desperate attempt to hide the game's huge flaws.

Attached: 1554653757922.png (529x643, 194K)

honestly I agree and I love Melee
I got used to it eventually but it's an incredibly dumb mechanic and the fact that you can't remove it because it would make Fox and Falco too busted is equally dumb

homie you're preaching to the choir, im just saying that the assessment of lolm2k's tweet is lacking entirely, as though one didnt understand what the fuck he was saying

i agree that smash is trash and nobody should play it, Im a 3s guy first and a tekken guy second

Question, is English your first language?

Stomp knee is one of the most fundamental tools ultimate falcon has. Why are you even commenting on shit you don't know anything about?

And I won't support your incomprehensible text vomit.

Melee is my favorite game of all time.

After I played BrawL I quit playing nintendo games.

There I said it.
Shows you how I feel

You're clearly underestimating the level of play in Melee before Brawl. Sakurai is quoted in an interview for receiving complaints about shine specifically.

I am not here to talk about the obedience of letter moving.

I am here to talk about smash mechanics that are missing from their game.

>wave dashing is not an exploit
>it's more of a physics exploit
imagine being retarded AND smelling like shit

I do remember seeing l cancelling with a new term in a magazine 2003 2004.

Talking about making moves faster.

you can't talk if you can't fucking express your thoughts in english you third worlder troglodyte, jesus fucking christ just take a minute and reread what youre writing or hand it off to someone in your village that owns a fucking dictionary
chrissakes we would debate you on the merits of your game design if you werent fucking retarded

It was known about before they released the game, it's even in Ultimate you retard. Do the same inputs but with Z instead of L or R. Is that a glitch? Imagine diddling kids and shitting yourself this hard.

>its not an exploit
>its an exploit
in the same post
ponder that in the shower if you would

>Wavedashing isn't an exploit, it's just a consequence of the physics engine
>Wobbling isn't an exploit, it's just a consequence of Popo's grab's interaction with Nana's jab
>Wall infinites aren't an exploit, it's just a consequence of 3 dimensional space!

ESL, got it

There's infinites in Brawl, and Ultimate as well.

Melee Fox is the most popular version of him

I see nothing wrong with this reasoning.

Sakurai is so enslaved to try and please everyone that the best he can do is create awkward middlegrounds which lack the depth of melee and the content of brawl. I wish he had the willpower somebody like Harada does; i'd rather have 3 brawls than a phantom pain of how this franchise will never improve.

What does this have to do with smash mechanics.

Obedience to grammar rules is not my style.
Even though i got As in all of my shit..
I choose to be free.
You should too

Ultimate's meta doesn't revolve around infinites like melee's does with wavedashing. Care to show me literally 3 infinites that are actually practical for use in a competitive match?

the semantics are pointless. what matters is that it's lightning in a bottle that exploits can actually give the game more appeal; soul calibur 3 is a good example of what normally happens.

>Obedience to grammar rules is not my style.
DeviantArt autist level argument. If you refuse to communicate like a human being then I have no interest in any of the nonsense you type. This is the last (You) I'm going to give out

>wavedashing is an infinite
I get that wobbling is an easy one to pull off, but even so the character is complete garbage. Care to talk about Brawl? Also, wobbling is the only infinite in SSBM that's a real option in real games as well. Why not just admit you're bad at the game? I play all of them besides 4 for obvious reasons. It's not hard to be able to enjoy more than one game instead of autistically shitting on ones you can't play.

Learn to read in a different way as a second skill.

Im american i just don't give a fuck about how i type.

Now stick to the subject about smash mechanics

Nobody cares what you losers think about our great game. Get on board while you can.

Attached: wizzycelebration.webm (960x540, 2.89M)

this is all actually true though?
you can shit on the game for real reasons, like there being 3 characters worth playing unless youre capable of top 10 level play, for being a slog to watch for many of the matchups involving floaties, for having stupid space requirements for tournament play
theres a lot to hate that isnt, yknow, completely thoughtless

naw dude im pretty sure sakurai is the issue, his interviews always have him saying that competition wasn't something he really wanted to take the forefront, and that his main concern was what he considered fun. I think he just has wack taste.

>melee
>infinites
maybe if you're retarded enough to walk into the pit against a fox

Attached: 1559537741684.jpg (880x480, 117K)

I didn't know about deviant art till I was in college.

Your point is invalid little kid i will type the way i want.

Where the fuck is the smash convo.

no you wouldn't, you'd still find an excuse to skirt over the conversation.

>I get that wobbling is an easy one to pull off, but even so the character is complete garbage
Where does the line start at "complete garbage" because they are unquestionably better than Yoshi and Pikachu who both just beat Hungrybox who is playing the new supposedly "best" character, and there's also a case to be made that they're better than Peach and Falcon

>Care to talk about Brawl?
No. Nobody wants to talk about fucking brawl.

>Im american
Oh, so a third-worlder

Yeah man so many ICies winning tournaments nowadays, it's insane how broken they are.

truth be told im not even the first guy he was arguing with, if there was ever just one guy. I just hated trying to read his tard-scrawl, it was borderline illiteracy

>it's insane how broken they are.
Care to point out precisely where I said they are broken?

Nice smash mechanics response.

Im still waiting.

Fuck typing a certain way.

Wow actual unironic seething going on here

>unquestionably better than yoshi and pikachu
>can't do shit against fucking ganondorf

Attached: 1556836530355.jpg (1100x1760, 618K)

Cope

Yeah they have two terrible matchups, one of which is a joke character that only like 3 people play. That doesn't make them bad. Can you point me to any established top melee player who puts either of those two characters above ICies?

then don't claim shit you aren't willing to see through. Aren't you a man?

True, I remember when I was a kid, I played everyday smash 64, when I finally got melee I played more and more, at the moment I wished there were tournaments of this game, because I knew there were tourneys of other games like street fighter, and I wanted to meet, play and learn with others my fav game.
Found tourney videos on youtube, there weren't many videos at the moment but I was hyped for the recognition, time passes and many tourneys, appeared, fucking happy for this, then... brawl came out. EVERYONE IGNORED IT WTF. The moment I played brawl I knew it was slow and the moves felt diferent, I wanted to play melee, but brawl was the new game with tons of characters, adventure and online! it was an amazing game, I went to 1 tourney, Zer0 was there and everyone were sucking his tits. On that day I hated the community, the tourney was fixed up for the staff members to win, everyone who won 1 match will fight with 1 of the staff who were experienced tourneyfag players. I was just a newbie and I had to pay to participate in this mess. Why cant we play a tourney without the need to pay? I just want to play with many people, not a trophy.

Meleefags kept doing tourneys, I was wondering why people ignore smash 64?? I would have love to see one. 4 came out and is the worst smash I ever played, with low content. At this moment brawl was forgoten with 64. just like brawl days, there were tourneys of 4 and melee.

Now we have ultimate and I think is the best smash, the only thing I dislike from this game is that we dont have minigames like break the target, board the platform and adventure like melee or brawl, and melee players still ignores the new game, now we have 3 forgoten games, 64, brawl and 4... eventually will happen with ultimate and MELEE will be doing tourneys again. Pls let it die, we know who is gonna win the tourneys so stop this shit.

Ok.
Now we are doing buzzwords.

Obedience to rules estranged to people who care about you rearrange letters and now
Obedience now to buzz words from probably special people up high.

When you give me a response from you instead stuff that is dictated to you then i might respect you more.

Stop getting influenced and have free will for fucks sake

I am still waiting for smash mechanics.

You act like a redditor, fucking retard. The best ICies players place worse than the best Pika/Yoshi, I know there's more ICies but they're not good at all. They're pubstompers like Falco. Keep slurping up that tr4.5sh while hating on a game you can't grasp.

i dont care lol

>put words into my mouth and then seethe about it
kek

Ganondorf is one of the easiest characters in the game to play. It doesn't make him not shit, but people get too worried about icees when a pocket Ganondorf outright invalidates them. Armada's tier list, which you're clearly parroting, doesn't take that into account when Ganon was the only character M2K won against chu with.

I'm not him retard, but you can't act like ICies are better than Yoshi/Pika/Peach/Falcon, do you even play the game? Did you play netplay once and get wobbled or something?

based and autismpilled

tbf, Pika has a pretty shit MU against ICs but the at least has some tool that invalidates them.

the rest*

I don't play melee but why should I listen to some literal who user's opinion about the state of the characters when actual top players all put ICies above pika and yoshi in 2019?

Kek I could easily beat those kids, they wouldn't stand a chance vs my Falco. That said, I don't have time to travel. Maybe you should play the game before commenting, baddy.

>why should i form my own opinion

Exactly. Why should I form my own opinions about a game I don't play or listen to some anonymous retard's opinion when a lot of the absolute top players give theirs? That's an actual credible source, moreso than my opinion and more than yours.

Take a bath Smelee

How can Smelees defend their janky ass GCN launch title when bullshit like Hbox's Puff exists?

Eww...Forfags existing is pure cringe

I remember when 4 fags thought it'd kill Melee... ahhh those were the days... Now they all hate it and claim they never liked it kek

>it's still kinda boring to play and to watch
Take a bath Smelee!

this thread was really epic. thanks everyone, and fuck ultimatefags. back to your roster threads

Smashfags suck

nobody says it's perfect tho. that idea I don't think has ever been around. fundamentally it's still one of the best FGs ever tho

Hes right on this point. In brawl metaknight had to have his own ledge grab limit. Puff is extremely floaty so a ledge grab limit the stops sheik from stalling wont stop puff from stalling. But a limit that stops puff from stalling stops sheik from recovering.

Attached: 1563532994781.jpg (1023x682, 85K)

this also makes ultimate extremely shallow though. the easier and safer tactic is usually the better one. the game doesnt encourage creativity or clever plays (at least not as much as melee/pm do)
thats why a bunch of top tiers are basic and easy to learn characters like lucina and wolf.
the one exception to this among the top tiers is joker (no, shulk is not a top tier), but everybody is complaining about joker just because some mexican is dominating everyone with the character and is the only top player getting results out of joker.

Low skill cap characters also aren't getting results. Most of Wolf's players have either moved away from him or dropped him entirely (MKLeo, Zackray), and Lucinas are stuck in eternal Top 16 status.
Whereas you have characters like Olimar, Snake, Joker, Peach, Luigi, etc. doing work and work and making waves because while their lows are much lower, their highs are more rewarding.

Luigi and Olimar are irrelevant, the fuck are you talking about? Luigi is one of the worst in the game.

Dabuz is still getting to GFs, let alone Top 8's, of Supermajors like Low tier City with Olimar and Rosalina (who also applies really), and Luigi just got fourth at said Supermajor beating out two top players who have gotten Top 8 at nearly every supermajor since the start of the game

I love when you try to act as if anyone forced sakurai into doing anything. Sakurai was NEVER forced to make another smash game.

Did you see him make another Kirby game after he wanted to stop? He loves making smash. To the point where he has made himself suffer over making it. He's a Japanese workaholic and perfectionist. Don't try to confine him to your fucking brainlet mentality. He changed his mind every time he wanted to stop because he realized this is his magnum opus.

hhaha XDD le poopy melee meme hahha

nay whop play Maylay? haha lol NOPE those people r really dumb desu, newset smash game is called ultimate so that means its th ebest stupi dmorans stoill play old gaym??? hahhaha THATS SO DUMB

AW FUCK I HATE MAYLAY PLAYYYYERS RRRRRRRR OOH I HATE THEM SO MUCH I JUST WNANAN POOP ON THOS EMELEE STINYPLAYERS

fucking wwavecheating and momentum excploits fucking AWFUL smelly maylay fags fuck those people GOD i what a bubnch of loser i hope they all poop their pants because thye are mselly and dumb >>>:((((

based

ABSOLUTELY SEETHING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All of you smash players are digusting, take a fucking shower.

cringe

Melee shouldve had the final sunday spot, not tr4.5h.

Based falseflagger

Based retard. Admit your game is a boring fucking mess, and melee got way more depth.

Oh yeah, a melee player just beat one of your best players not so recently. Really shows what a different caliber melee players are.

I prefer Melee

never ever you seething showerfag

the source code to melee would be nice

>melee players and smash players flaming each other
I thought this was a meme. I can’t believe this shit is real

Attached: 02CE0E3A-09FC-4E81-9397-B1FFC0ECB5CB.jpg (629x590, 18K)

this is one of the most autistic fanbases of all time, what do you expect?

>Hehe, smelly Smashtards! You can't convince me Melee's worth pla-

Attached: unnamed (6).jpg (800x800, 48K)

That sounds extremely cumbersome and unwieldy both to implement and to play, and I would much rather have air smashes and all those other ideas you had than that.

>Really shows what a different caliber melee players are.
Well they're Smash players so that bar is pretty low already

cutting the cheese isnt convincing smellshnigger

Meleefags are just as bad as Steveposters

the only people who make these threads are obsessed antimeleeniggers

steveposters don't even play smash, and they are all discord tranny cucks, so no.

so just like Melee defenders then
they are like /ic/ shitposters who pretend they ever read LOOMIS

>Tr4.5shposters don't even play games
FTFY

yeah so do Banjochads making antiSteve threads
proving my point nig

SD Remix 4.0 fixes Melee
why cant everyone play it like PM?

How does it balance the cast? Also it's called SD Remix 4.0, does that imply there are going to be more versions? I really don't want "NERF X" and "BUFF Y" shit in the melee community.