Mario Odyssey > BOTW

Mario Odyssey sold way better than BOTW YET we have >9000 BOTW threads every day and they even announced BOTW 2 while I never see any Mario Odyssey threads at all. Also where is my Mario Odyssey 2? I mean the game with the more sales is clearly more popular so is it just because Yea Forums are autists and Nintendo doesn't like money???

Attached: mario zelda.jpg (1492x666, 230K)

Odyssey is boring

kek no wonder snoyboys are so mad here all the time, their "games" can't hope to see these sales numbers

I didn't buy BOTW because I played it on CEMU free with all the DLC

I could imagine that it's easier to iterate on BotW, hopefully refining and adding a lot to the strong foundation of the first game. Whereas SMO2 will theoretically be all new levels made from scratch.

You see botw threads because people are extremely butthurt about it.

why hasnt there been any word on super mario maker 2 sales? did it flop?

What do you think they will add?

Clearly they had real swimming and diving planned in BOTW but cut it from the game for whatever reason. So I think we will get that. What else will we get?

I have heard Zelda will be playable. Totally not desirable to me. Does this mean we will have to switch characters in game? I already skipped every point and click adventure that made me switch characters. I just HATE that Shit.
It is a Zelda game, I want to play LINK!

Attached: 1200px-Game-Boy-FL.jpg (1200x1455, 125K)

brainlet

Zeldafag fragility. The last good one was TP and they can't handle so many bad games that are too innovative for their own good so they try spinning the narrative by spamming smug zeldas any time they discuss their open world meme.

How the fuck did Smash sell so much quickly?
Are Smashfags this autistic?

It's a great party game

>Are Smashfags this autistic?

are you seriously asking this? I am sure you know the answer yourself already.

SMO is truly a great game.

>How did one of the most popular IPs in the world sell so fast?
This is like being surprised by Halo 3's sales back when it came out.

> One of the most popular IPs in the World
Bait or retard?

Yes, you are retarded.

Looks like you're the retard here, it is.

> Nincel thinks Smash is important
Fuck off zoomer, Smash did shit for gaming compared to Street Fighter 2 and Mortal Kombat, your baby piss is no where near as influence and important to these two.

> b-but MUH CROSSOVER FIGHTER!
Done to death before, do you honestly think Smash was first on that regard?

Attached: 87878756765.jpg (179x282, 8K)

Smash is a fighting game confirmed, get rekt, street niggers.

'last good one was TP' you my friend have shit taste.
>lifeless overworld
>story told through long cutscenes with a plot that make little to no sense
>Ganon shoed in at the end
>The start of bad companions with Midna
>Nothing poses a challenge in the game. If you manage to die then you shouldn't be playing video games.
If you want to play Zelda for the story then the Toon link trilogy are the best games.
If you play Zelda for the exploration and adventure then Oot, MM and Botw are the games.
If you enjoy engaging puzzles then most if not all 2d zelda games are a must (mainly the Oracle games and Minish Cap)

In your case it might be both honestly

See Dumb Nincel

They'd rather whack off to Link than a hairy Italian

>canonically the best selling fighting game
>highest evo numbers ever
cope

I never said important you fucking moron, I said popular.
I also never said it did anything for any genre either.
And I sure as hell never said Smash was the first crossover fighter either, so suck my dick, boy.

fpbp

>The start of bad companions with Midna

Attached: 1266600429730.jpg (390x386, 21K)

It's no masterpiece though.

> Smash
> Fighting Game
Are you serious now Nincel?

Cope Ninty, Smash isn't as important as you think it is.

Attached: 88798989.png (1200x675, 211K)

You're just posting buzzwords to post shit. This is the worst trolling I've ever seen on Yea Forums and I've seen some stupid shit.
Quit being purposely retarded.

your reply is boring

Pepe is based retard, he's part of Yea Forums culture

>popular game sells well
Shocking.

Bruh look at this dude

They are the first to mention (non-Japanese) hardware sales numbers though. Then conveniently ignore that most casualfags only bought their PS4 to play the latest FIFER and other sportsball vidya.

Hey you Smash fags, this thread was about Mario. Did ANYONE here answer my questions? Nope. Too autistic to even read what I have said

>where is my Mario Odyssey 2? I mean the game with the more sales is clearly more popular so is it just because Yea Forums are autists and Nintendo doesn't like money???

Attached: 1528835267593.png (594x745, 924K)

Still less boring than BOTW

>Mario Kart Port
>Still Best selling game

State of Switch

Kill yourself.

Attached: 1560542194788.png (400x394, 144K)

they should do it like in GTA V

I doubt the stuff about Zelda, Nintendo never seemed to care about that kind of stuff

Odyssey 2 fucking when?

>What do you think they will add?
>I have heard Zelda will be playable.

What's next, a Metroid game where you can play as Metroid?

>>where is my Mario Odyssey 2?
Breath of the Wild released in 2017, and sequel was announced in about two years after the release. Following the same logic, since Mario Odyssey was released in quester 4 of same year, the sequel will be announced early 2020, if it will be.
>Mario Odyssey sold way better than BOTW YET we have >9000 BOTW threads every day and they even announced BOTW 2 while I never see any Mario Odyssey threads at all.
Breath of the Wild takes more time to complete. Not to mention that no matter how fancy the movement in Odyssey is, each challenge has pretty much set way to complete it, as opposed to BotW where they can be completed through bunch of different tricks. It's just more interesting to talk about.

>mario kart port
>sells more than ANY sony exclusive
sad

Odyssey was fun, but it could've used some more interesting worlds. like who wants to replay it and go through shit like the Lake Kingdom and the Snow Kingdom again

>Implying Sony has any exclusive worth it

nice try with your shitty bait to start a console war ;_;

>one 4channel incel vs 14.44 million sales
hmmmmmm wonder whos right

Lake Kingdom is very pretty, but Snow Kingdom feels kind of shit to me imo. It's the only kingdom I don't like. I love Lost Kingdom.

BotW sold 2.3 million copies on the Wii U, so that would put its total sales above Odyssey.

Truth is OP Nintendo games have no real staying power beyond furiously masturbating over a metacritic score. There's so little to actually say about the sheer mediocrity of just about any Nintendo game that the only reason anyone ever talks about them is to attempt to bait retards. I don't think anyone jerking off over them today has even played them in months, maybe years.

>Snow Kingdom
>Lake Kingdom
>Cloud Kingdom
>Cap Kingdom
>Ruined Kingdom
>>two Moon Kingdoms that are basically the same and pretty boring.

SMO felt like half a game. I've never seen such a wild quality disparity within the series.

this is total sales

>one of the most popular franchises in the world that makes headlines whenever a character is added in sold like hotcakes
Woah...

Can you even get a game over?

Im surprised no one has posted the botw meme saying how many days since Yea Forums seethes about botw...

I 100% odyssey when it came out, and I've been going through it again for the past few days. Rediscovering why I loved it so much the first time. Don't be a shitposting retard on this board, but kys.

Not all the kingdoms need to be the same size. Just like how not all moons are supposed to require the same difficulty to obtain. This is by design. It's a gradient.

BOTW has fuqboi Link and waifubait with Zelda/Mipha/Paya.

Mario has Mario, who isn't exactly popular with female players, Peach, who much of the fanbase is sick of and Pauline who only shows up for 5 minutes.

You forgot about Hariet and Mama Broodal.

Odyssey was objectively "good," yes. That Nintendo near zero bug standard, good polish - it's a good game, yeah. It's just not very memorable; concerned more with celebrating its pedigree, concerned more with throwbacks than it was with creating a lasting impression of its own, it is doomed to live in the shadow of its betters.

Mario games are less discussed in general AND get less PR by Nintendo, mostly because the style and quality doesn't fluctuate as wildly. It gets announced, everyone buys it and is happy, done.

Attached: 5febb3c9f5a3a0e23ccb8d3fc50e912b.jpg (636x900, 76K)

mario games are more unique than zelda's and better overall with higher skill ceiling and faster pacing,this is the truth,zelda has too much competition to be good,it's only sold based on other people's influence

sales don't equal a good product you dummy

Attached: theresa is a cutie.png (1083x931, 1.2M)

Same reason why Avengers Endgame becamse the most profutable movie.
Combination of a dozen of popular IPs into one single one.

Same. I'm probably gonna buy BotW2 on the switch though. Yuzu seems like a hassle.

Mario games always sell better than Zelda games. The real take away from that chart is Mario Kart 8 sold more in its port than in its initial release.

but that's the argument nintendo fanboys always use
>nintendo game is better than other game because sales and reviews!

I don't think so. I thought MO was the most fun I ever had with a Mario game and that's coming from someone who thinks Super Mario World on SNES is overrated shit with awful graphics (the game everyone seems to love).
Heck the ending nearly made me cry. It was beautiful. Really 10/10 game. I had so much fun with it like never before.

>one thread: game critics are fucking shit
>other thread: my favorite game is better than yours, look at the metacritic score!

Attached: 1549904071184.jpg (261x193, 13K)

I agree. Working on 100%ing Odyssey now, but I played it a while back. Having a blast (again).