How do you feel about Fortnite's downfall...

githyp.com/fortnites-colossal-monster-vs-mech-battle-was-one-of-the-games-least-watched-events-on-twitch/
How do you feel about Fortnite's downfall? Hopefully Epic's decline in revenue means they will fuck off with buying exclusive games.

Attached: fortnite dying.jpg (1147x877, 327K)

>Free game has huge in-game event
>People are so excited they drop everything and play it
>WTF HOW COME NO ONE'S WATCHING OUR GAME

All fads die eventually battle royales will be no different

Fads don't die when they rely on solid gameplay, which was never the case for BR.
Hence why LoL, CS, WoW, etc. are still popular. Because the genres are solid.

>Epic's decline in revenue means they will fuck off with buying exclusive games.
Dude epic has litterally every single yuan china has they will NEVER run off money if the people party keep thinking they are doing a good job subjugating the rest of the world.

this was pehaps the shitiest event they did, it barely changed the map, the floating island they did was way better.

Wasn't Fortnite's downfall when Apex released? I lost hope, it's just gonna bounce back. That is, if it's even struggling, cause twitch numbers on an event don't say much.

also
>twich
why would the people that own and play the game settle and watch from a third party instead of watching it themselves?

>On twitch
So more people want to see events in game then? Why the fuck are we discussing bait articles?

Attached: 1550006623739.jpg (280x235, 7K)

maybe fortnitenormies aren't interested in faux anime japanese shit like kaiju and mecha and they want to see black celebrities twerk ingame instead

A genre isn't alive if it isn't getting new titles and improving its formula through them. Both ASSFAGGOTS and MMOs are stagnant genres, and new titles relies heavily on brand recognition to survive.

Mecha is dying and old fashioned, grandpa.
ITS NOT FAIR!

>on Twitch
So literally nothing: the article

I thought people are supposed to play the game and not watch it on twitch?

>Less viewers = more people playing the game

Hasn't this been observed to be false?

Day of the swine will come for Tim.

Post the player numbers then.

You realize that Epic knows that Fortnite can't last forever and that's exactly why they're pivoting to creating their own store and being the place for multiple PC exclusives? They're not relying on Fortnites money, they've already leveraged the money they've made to move into a new phase for their company. I don't think Epic is going to slow down any time soon, I think they're very committed to buying exclusives now. I think that's the post-Fortnite plan.

>the state of BFV

You mean renting exclusives.

That would only work if they make a profit from their exclusives.

you do know epic's run by chinese mobsters at this point right

they even took that one virtual youtuber, AI-Chan or whatever

Watch zoomers are watching now? auto chess?

>in-game event in a f2p game
>you can simply log in and watch the event yourself for free
>HURR DURR WHY PEOPLE NO WATCH IT ON TWITCH

WE
LOVE
FORTNITE

Riot's rip-off, yes.

No one was watching because everyone was playing.

I never even cared about it. Battle Royale is a shit genre and always will be

Attached: 1544695945258.jpg (229x415, 44K)

>twitch
>ignores the youtube views of all the clickbaiters that were getting hundreds/thousands of views streaming it early and pretending it was happening early to trick all the idiot kids

WoW lost 85% of their users compared to it's height and trend is continuing. Big titles take a long time to completely die but they can't hold the userbase forever.

>Same epic shill keeps posting people were playing instead

You really don't understand how engagement works do you?

It isn't just because they probably slowed down the viewership boosting after that article?

It was pretty dope as a kaijufag
Fortnite's hate on Yea Forums is just proof that this place is full of contrarian retards. Fortnite has everything a healthy game should have, and monetization is kept to a minimum and does not influence the gameplay at all. You get free shit all the time (currency and even one battle pass back in the day), the game updates WEEKLY and everything that comes out is free for everyone

how the fuck does that even work when they put the countdown for the event in 6 different places in the map?

It happened during a heat wave

I feel YAAAWWWWN. What goes up comes down. And it happens to fads even quicker.

Sure is summer

Fuck off Epic faggots.

The measure of a games success is how many people play it, and in the case of F2P trash, how much money people spend on it.

And Fortnite made 200+ million in May alone.

Did they get rid of the paid track on the battle pass or what?

If only every game could milk money from people that don't have fully developed brains yet.

The rip off is superior

user is talking shit.
Battle pass still is 10 bucks,
But you do get enough currency to buy the next one. And sometimes there are events where you do a couple of missions to get a battle pass

>And sometimes there are events where you do a couple of missions to get a battle pass
that's literally only been done once for the S8 Battle pass, what are you on about.

>there are events where you do a couple of missions to get a battle pass
that's what he's talking about you dipshit

Falling in popular does not equal unpopular.

The core-dedicated fanbase is just settling in, the bandwagon-ers need not apply

that looks gay. EDF has proper kaijuu vs giant robot maps where you go mano-a-monstro punching motherfucking godzilla. or the maps where you're boots on the ground protecting the giant robot from swarms of bugs attacking its shins are also pretty fun.

pro tip he can't

The Fortnite money is the cushion that lets them make these ridiculous exclusive purchases, the China money is just backing them up. Without the stupid amount of revenue Fortnite brings in the Epic store would be dead weight and there'd be no point in literally burning money faster than they make it back. They won't run out of money anytime soon, but exclusive purchases would slow down to a trickle.

I dunno
Funnily enough I opened my old league client to try out their new chess game
Ended up not liking the chess but played some ARAMs and now normals and have been re-hooked on regular league, even though the last time I played was fucking 6 years ago
That could just be weird personal preference but it felt nice

Realistically, I understand why indie devs and the like take the Epic deal. From what we've seen, it's a fuckload of money and the cushion from that, taking the entirety of a studio into account, would be almost foolish to turn down.

That being said, I hope they're realizing that it really is a deal with the fucking devil. Reputations are getting destroyed over switching to a shitty storefront that nobody likes, and even worse there's always the possibility that Epic, being a bunch of retards, personally fucks you over like with that sale they pulled a while back. It seems like free money, but you can kiss any chance of developing on Kickstarter or anything of the sort goodbye forever.

Attached: 1544436227537.png (300x469, 91K)

How is declining viewership fortnite's fault? I would think less people watching twitch is twitch's problem, it doesn't really have anything to do with fortnite

First post cope post

>ASSFAGGOTS
>gameplay

Attached: cd_brainlet.png (820x729, 106K)

Fortnite peaked at season 4

>The Epic Games Virgin
- Forced to work until his internal organs stop working on the weekend and even he doesn't get paid over-time for Chinese Overlords week after week
>Forced to take the blunt of the criticism because nobody likes your featureless Store-Front
>The CHAD Riot Employee
>Doesn't even do anything at work
>Allowed to insult females at workplace and receive no backlash or warning from it
>Even when forced to work can take months to do anything at all the guy who designed the curveviture of Draven's axes that took 6 months because he didn't give a shit
>Allowed to play games all day (League is purely optional but nobody plays it because it's shit; Most Rioters admitted they enjoy playing Gacha-Trash or actual good games''

Attached: 1536087502620.png (540x750, 990K)

It's definitely a deal that's based off greed and entitlement. I've never seen the 30% store cut be talked about before timmy tencent created a wedge issue out of it. All the devs taking the deal sound like assholes on social media, too

I fully support piracy in order to put these people back in their place

Good.
Fuck Tim Weenie.

>tfw have an idea for the next big fad, but too lazy to program it

*sigh*... is my genius a gift, or a curse?

Attached: 1560057752034.jpg (666x865, 60K)

probably a ripoff of an alrady existing game

They don't need to get back the money as long as they get into the market as a proper competitor to steam.

Thanks to the pro League
Scream if map change

Usually the genesis of a fad is the one that takes the longest to die. And while those games are will around they are not nearly at the apex they once where. Hardly any new mobas or large MMO's are being made. I don't even think CS really should count as a genre at all.

wow and mmorpgs been dead since 2010 wtf are you smoking

And they made 318 million last year in may. Fortnite will die and they know it, that's why they are forcing epic store so much.

Just like all the other fads

WoW is at least than 1 million subscribers.

Season 8 battlepass was free

why do people get hype about 4 minutes of ingame animation again. what exactly is the "event" here? you can't interact with what is happening at all, or can you?

WoW, a 15 years old game, is still top 10 on twitch
C O P E

my nephew stopped playing the BR mode and he just fool around in creative nowadays, often calling over his friends to my sister's house bringing their android tablets to play together. the moment I saw that I realized we're no longer the player one, which is why everything's happening with video games happened.

>it's not alive if it doesn't meet THESE conditions!
man_moving_goalposts.jpg

Fornite didn't fail. Their numbers are still amazing.
Which is dying is twitch and streaming as a whole. And I'm glad

Always funny to see retards on Yea Forums talking about the same shit in every fortnite thread,

At first people were scream flavor of the month
Then became a year

Just stop deluding yourself, fortnite is something that no one ever done before

Attached: 7252C47D29F644C2BB16D28429BF4CDD.jpg (1242x1234, 369K)

its imperative to hate the most popular things on Yea Forums.

Wow sure did show them

>Got an army of young preteen players to make it popular
Literally Minecraft

not to mention how much fortdick Yea Forums sucked back when PUBG was the big thing, you never heared anyone posting how Epic was chink back then

Did Tim ready his noose yet? Or is he going to do it the classic way of blowing his brains off once his shareholders drop him for someone better suited for the job

Minecraft just overtook fortnite again as the biggest game in the world. Don't know if that's fortnite on the decline or minecraft going back to where it's always been.

>what is minecraft hunger games

>Fortnite is literally doubling,tripling minecrafts numbers
>Makes much much more money
>700k peak for a playable event is l-low I swear
OHNONONONONOAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHA

Well, I guess you will kill yourself before he does it because your math is on elementary school lvl

I'm almost 30 and it's the only game I play now. No cutscenes just drop in out gameplay. I even play StW and enjoy the story is done mostly through dialogue.

>How do you feel about Fortnite's downfall? Hopefully Epic's decline in revenue means they will fuck off with buying exclusive games.
What downfall? It's still fighting for the top 3 spots on twitch. Call me when it's actually substantial.