Bloodstained is as much of a disaster as Mighty No. 9

Bloodstained is as much of a disaster as Mighty No. 9.
>The development took five years. Five years is way, way too much for this kind of game, especially for such a big development team. Meanwhile a team of three people made Hollow Knight in three years and Axiom Verge was made by just one person in five years.
>They changed developers in the middle of the project, allowing fucking Inticreates to get involved.
>The game is still unfinished; only the base game and the retro game have been released while still missing the rest of the Kickstarted promised features (around 40% of the total project)
>The finished game not only is one of the ugliest games ever released on this decade, it also doesn't resemble the concept art at all, like MN9 did
>The Nintendo Switch version, the most important and highest selling version of the game, was an unmitigated disaster. The only version they couldn't allow to fuck up
>The base game ended being just another unremarkable SOTN clone without nothing special. Meanwhile many indie Metroidvania games have evolved the genre and raised the bar accordingly.

The only reason the game has been well received is sunk-cost fallacy: people are so desperate for a Castlevania that they willingly ate shit and pretended it tasted good.

Attached: 123360923743.jpg (579x587, 233K)

Go to be Inafune.

all that text just to say you're retarded

is this new pasta

NOBODY CARES! GO HOME GAMER GIRL!

>Being this butthurt over the Switch version

>>The development took five years. Five years is way, way too much for this kind of game, especially for such a big development team. Meanwhile a team of three people made Hollow Knight in three years and Axiom Verge was made by just one person in five years.
And both of those games are low-tier crap. Next.

>switch version
>most important
lmao

It vastly outsold all the other ports put together.

That's depressing

Tl;dr

Attached: Hahaha.gif (200x200, 1.39M)

Cry more shitch user.

The funniest thing about that?
The majority of Switch owners also own a gaming capable PC and still they choose the Switch version.

I really hope there's gonna be a day when people stop thinking MetroidVanias for some reason belong on a handheld console
Especially Igavanias that have such incredibly fucking comfy design that it's a treat to sit at home in a blanket and spend a weekend day playing away

Source?

I have a gaming PC and bought it on my switch, I just really like lying in bed and playing those types of games. Too bad the switch version is garbage, maybe I'll just buy the steam version and stream it to my tablet or something

I use a steam link to stream it to my big TV and play with a wireless xb1 controller
mega comfy

The Switch port is not the be all to end all.

>Might no. 9: bad game
>Bloodstained: good game

therefore, not the same, eat dicks OP.

It is.
The Metroidvania genre and Nintendo are pretty much synonyms, SOTN being a very rare exception.

This
Is like saying a cinematic 3rd person Shooter with daddy issues isnt important on Playstation

>bastard Mega Man
>bastard Banjo and Kazooie
>bastard gender-swapped Alucard
>all 3 games are shit

It's objectively not a disaster because it's actually a good game, OP is a fucking retard

Attached: 1563648781408.jpg (390x376, 27K)

Are there any youtube videos making funnies out of the controversy or explaining it in a video essay? I'd rather watch that than read your greentext

>Kickstarter launched in May 2015
>Game released in June 2019

>5 years

Switch was going to be my console of choice for Bloodstained until I saw how bad the port was and got the PC version instead. Felt like I dodged a bullet.

I agree that it's not that good, it's essentially just SOTN again, but more balanced, and with aria of sorrow's soul business.

Toying around with souls is fun, and the difficulty is a little bit meatier, but I wish they didn't rely on the same stupid skinner box system as every single other video game.

Certainly not as good as hollow knight, but still a relatively decent game.

>out of the controversy
What controversy?

>>The base game ended being just another unremarkable SOTN clone

The last one was 2008. God damn. They literally don't make games like this anyomre. HK and others are super different.

This game is fucking ass. I 100% the archives, beat the game 3 times on each difficulty, and spent 40 hours on it. Now I am a god and there is nothing to do. NEW CHARACTER WHEN?!

The controversy the OP mentions

It really is hideous to look at. I'm not a graphic whore at all, but overall it looks super amateurish. They try to hide it with glossy surfaces and obnoxious lighting effects and it just adds to the eyerape.

I've been meaning to try this, how is the latency and what hardware do you need?

Attached: 1539292657642.jpg (201x201, 5K)

but with the switch you can curl up and play it under the blanket or on the tv, whichever feels better at that time.

>Bloodstained is as much of a disaster as Mighty No. 9.
Maybe, but the difference here is that Bloodstained is fun. Mighty no.9 wasn't.

It's so fucking satisfying playing on nightmare on a fresh save and having the dullahamer familiar bois as your bodyguards and that welcome company btfo-ing every enemy, If I am about to fight Bloodstealing hot vampire mommy, how much longer until I can create Rhava Velar?

You connect a steam link via lan cable or maybe a set of devolo plugs if you have one
Aside from that all you need is a PC, a controller to plug into the steam link and an HDMI-capable TV

The latency is minimal unless other stuff like downloads are taking up your bandwith

wouldnt you already have it on ng+?

so what's the deal with all the shitposting about this game?
is it just angry trannies again?

trannies would love a game with a cute customizable girl

No, the game is selling and is not universally hated, no matter how many issues it has, you're plain wrong with your comparison.

>sunk-cost fallacy

If this was true the same would have happened to Mighty no.9 and even if it did, it was very minor.

But it's not NG+, it's a fresh save file user

There is no controversy. Bloodstained threads simply start with bait posts that are mostly full of shit to keep the thread bumped. For fuck's sake, you couldn't tell by the first two points contradicting each other?

apparently i am illiterate. sorry user

>reddit spacing

making your posts legible is reddit. it seems like everything good is reddit

Then go back there.

Bootleg Shanoa actually.

>I don't have any arguments left but instead of shutting up I'll criticize the other guy for making his post legible
you are beyond retarded

i don't want to

>backed for $35 like 4 years ago and got RotN and CotM
honestly, pretty based.

cotm was surprisingly good. nice october game desu

I seem to be SO close to finishing 100% but I'm missing a demon. Just missing ONE demon. SO CLOSE.

Attached: 20190722104729_1.jpg (1920x1080, 424K)

it's the train demon. you'll find a seat next to a window. sit on it, and it will reveal a little cutscene. wait like 30 seconds and a demon will appear. he's tough so be careful. make sure to use luck and solomon's ring

No problem bud

Reddit doesn't do that anymore

wait, nvm. i think that might be OD you're missing

Borrow OD's final book and then warp over to glacial tomb

i don't know what the fuck you're missing actually

>Meanwhile many indie Metroidvania games have evolved the genre and raised the bar accordingly.
Name one.

It's a glitch but 117 is Gebel.

Hollow Knight.

But really. Any source? By all accounts, the PC version was the most successful, followed by Switch.

People who call hollow knight trash have never played hollow knight

Gebel. You have to fight him and get the bad ending once.

Hollow Knight is great, but it didn't innovate shit.

Rheva Velar is an endgame weapon. You need a material you have to get from one of the miniboss enemies behind locked doors.

cope

It was supposed to be bad so that shitposters like OP would have something to shitpost about for the next year. But it was actually good so now they have to shitpost about it being bad.

i really want some dlc soon. i have conquered this game completely

I will put

As much spacing in my post
As I damn well feel like
You nigger

>Not having your PC hooked up to your TV with a wireless X1 controller to basically act as a gaming console

Depends on what you use it for, obviously, but my PC is basically just used for playing single player games, primarily third person action games. Comfy as fuck.

seething

Hollow Knight was okay, but it had a lot of problems. All of the zones were dark and looked the same. The map system was needles convoluted and involved having to find and buy maps instead of just exploring and seeing the areas you've been to. The save points were way too spread out, and frequently not next to the boss fights which was just a time sink. Lastly the scaling of the game isn't very good since everything basically does one damage and health gains are few and far between so you end up asking "am I supposed to be in this area right now or did I go the wrong way?" It some interesting things, but it's not even on the same tier as games like Super Metroid or SotN and definitely isn't better than them. Meanwhile Bloodstained just took what works (SotN and DoS) and just copied it, and it shows. Bloodstained is a great game and I have no complaints.

Cope

Have sex

Dilate

And so on

Why are igacucks so mad about Hollow Knight

Reddit Spacing is when you put two line breaks in between entries in a post, not one. So it would look

>Like

>This

People do it because Reddit won't include line breaks between entries with a single line break when it's posted, so text ends up jumbled

>LikeThis

The implication is that the poster uses Reddit regularly enough that they do it instinctively. Putting a line break in between paragraphs or distinct points/thoughts is not Reddit Spacing. I hope this helps your shitposting in the future.

>sunk-cost fallacy
Do you have any clue what this term means?

As an autistic backer for both Mighty No. 9 and Bloodstained, I don't know what the hell you're talking about. Yes Bloodstained's development wasn't the smoothest, but they at least give a shit. If it was MN9, they would've just left the Switch version as is and called it "done".

i got a lot of enjoyment out of it, so i happy. i look forward to see what's next. i wanna check out boss mode and the rogue-like dungeon

I use the android app to remote play. Latency is minimal with a 50 mbps bandwidth. Just make sure you arent downloading anything while you play.

Based

OP Is full of shit but Tohou Luna Nights Is pretty damm good.

I'm not mad about it, I just didn't like it as much as more traditional metroidvanias.

Retard. The only game as much of a disaster as Mighty No. 9 is Mighty No. 9

The only way you get 40% is if you're counting each element as an individual goal, which is retarded. Obviously the actual campaign is the vast majority of the project. All of the remaining modes are just ways to remix the base game we've been given and that was always going to be the case.

You're also leaving out Boss Rush, New Game Plus, Speed Run, Cheat Codes, David Hayter, Orchestrated Tracks, Retro Level, Nightmare mode, etc. Which were all part of the stretch goals. Saying "only the base game" is ignoring how much of the base game was influenced by stretch goals.

Also, Hollow Knight and Shovel Knight are both STILL RELEASING promised content from their stretch goals.

Attached: 9f9a61192036ca4016b7a7459cb711d4_original.png (632x3954, 2.05M)

I am having a lot of fun.

You are just confining that OP is a shitposting retard

>Especially Igavanias that have such incredibly fucking comfy design that it's a treat to sit at home in a blanket and spend a weekend day playing away

How the fuck can a 2d game be comfy? lmfao you cant even immerse yourself in the world

How is it a good game when it has shit gfx and is full of bugs?

Because the actual gameplay and game design are good.

It's not an awful looking game but it could absolutely be a lot better. I personally have had only two bugs since I started and I've played 58 hours. I had one random crash and clipped through the floor once which forced me to use a Waystone. I know that's not everyone's experience but for me, the bugs I've encountered haven't dampened my enjoyment at all.

Hollow Knight. It pretty much perfected the genre.

How did you NOT get Gebel? Does he only count with a bad end?

If you miss him on the bad end do you have to restart to get 100%?

tldr
game is fun so i don't care what you have to say

But it's almost exclusively a Metroid inspired game. It takes basically nothing from SotN aside from a couple of movement abilities.

It's a great game but it isn't trying to do what Bloodstained is doing.

Yes. The real question here is how did he not get the bad end once?

>How the fuck can a 2d game be comfy? lmfao you cant even immerse yourself in the world
You have to be 18 or older to post on Yea Forums, user

Probably a guidefag

That was easy, as in the Achievements I mean. I thought there would be like
>get all boss medals
or
>finish Nightmare mode on NG
or
>beat game in less than 2 hours
or
>collect rank 9 of everything
But I guess I'll take my 100%.

Attached: 100% bloodstained.jpg (953x158, 21K)

i wouldn't say it's unwarranted with this one. the fact that you need to get the shard of a certain regular enemy to access the inferno caves and hidden desert is just stupid, and that's not even mentioning how well hidden the aegis plate is.

to be fair, does ANY game have achievements like that?

or you know, exploring?

Most people run into him by accident exploring because he doesn't seem like he's in a "final boss" area.

Shovel Knight has an achievement for beating it fast.

PR already confirmed the sales for Bloodstained already exceeded the sales forecast. Though
I guess you can argue they forecasted it to be a low loss.

Very few games have achievements like what "get all boss medals" entails, even though it should be standard.

A damn shame.

I remember Josh Sawyer when it came to Deadfire explained at least why his team didn't have achievements like that. He mentioned that there are these people who HAVE to get all achievements otherwise they complain and leave bad reviews. So he made sure all achievements can be done on the lowest difficulty.

This and he's almost comically easy to kill.

>hollow shit knight
stopped right there.
Fuck off with your shitty indie game and stop shilling for it.

Attached: 5076789.jpg (826x770, 87K)

Damn that's sad.

user, every game he mentioned is an indie game.

What is bloodstained doing? remaking SotN? doesn't Hollow Knight have a little but more merit than that?

Yeah, getting his Medal was kind of a bitch because you need to go ham enough to prevent getting hit but stop once the moon turns red and it's easy to accidentally finish him off in that time.

It does.
Hollow Knight may be inspired by other games, but at the end it's its own thing.
Meanwhile Bloodstained is just another rehash made by an one trick washed up developer.

Nothing can be worse than Mighty No. 9., fuck off

It's basically a culmination of and improvement on everything Castlevania did post-SotN. Hollow Knight doesn't have a levelling system, stat increases, item drops, spells, equipment drops, crafting, quests, etc. etc. What it does have is incredible atmosphere, great art direction, satisfying exploration, a set number of skills you can obtain which gives a great sense of completion when all is said and done, etc. It very much follows the Metroid template for progression, while Bloodstained follows the SotN/Sorrow template for progression. Both improve on and change the formula in certain ways but they're not drawing the same audience. Not exactly.

And like I said, Hollow Knight is amazing for what it's trying to do, it's just not trying to do what Bloodstained is. It deserves plenty of merit.

The funniest thing is that you just made that up to give yourself the high-ground like the nigger you are instead of accepting that you're retarded gracefully.

96% positive
get rekt

>immediately calls Hollow Knight
your salty cunt is soooo boring man

You can unleash all of these marketing and development shortcomings but the thing is that bloodstained is fun, has good gameplay, and has scratched an itch for a more rpg based castlevania that hasnt been released in a while.
I doubt you even play video games however.

The game in general is very satisfying.

Filthy r*dditor.

Go ask that question to the guy who always gets mad whenever NoR is mentioned. Bloodstained had a really bad time since people thought it would be a failure. It wasnt and the shitposting has mostly stopped however.